First Week, Big Loss

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  FastEnough 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all, so I just finished my first week successfully. I was shocked this morning to see that I had lost 7.8 lbs in a week. I expect this will level off and my body will revert back to dropping 1-2 lbs/week from here on out. I know from past experiences with weight loss that my body sheds/gains unevenly, and the amount I lose can vary greatly from week to week, without much change in my diet or activity level. Has anyone else experienced a large loss after their first week? PS- I always weigh myself at the same time of day with the same level of clothing, so that should not account for the differences.

That is an awesome loss. I lost just over 2lbs in my 1st week – definitely not complaining. 7.8 is incredible, you should be very proud of yourself. What a great way to jump start this program.

Wish i could loose that quickly. Lost 2lb on first week. Had been on other diets before this one and had lost 16lbs . Kept it off for a year but now want to loose more. This one seems hard though. Always hungry.

Hi irenc, how long have you been doing 5:2? I’m finishing up my 4th week and have found that it gets easier with time. You may need more protein on your fast and non-fasting days to keep you fuller, longer. For me, chewing gum helps with the hunger pains. I’ve noticed that with week 4, I’m getting full quicker and tend to eat less and look forward to fasting days.

Hope your fasting goes well you. Losing 16lbs and keep it off for so longer is something you should be proud of.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.