First Month

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  August2024 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi All,
    I am a Canadian male 50 + in week two of my first month, second day after Monday Fast ( 608 calories…I think). The first week went well but I binged on comfort food over the weekend and all but eliminated any benefit from the first week of a “traditional” Monday and Thursday Fast Day schedule; lesson learned and moving on.This week there are social outings on Thursday and Friday so I will attempt Wednesday as my second fast day.
    My main focus at this point is figuring out “real world living” portions on both fast and non fast days
    Ramping up exercise but cardio effort constrained by a minor health challenge of plantar fasciitis in one heel.
    Best regards and wishes!

What is the purpose of your fasting?

Weight and fat loss with related physical and mental health benefits.

This week I have followed an amended Fast Day schedule of Monday and Wednesday to accommodate social engagements on Thursday and Friday. If I have the motivation I may Fast on Saturday as well, but that will depend on a number of outside factors.
    Results so far are acceptable but I realize the weight decline of approximately 2.8 kilos is mostly water loss and my Body Fat % has only declined .5 since my “official” FAST LIFE starting point of August 8th.

Last weekend was my birthday so I turned off all food filtering or concern enjoying cake, ice cream etc! Yesterday was my first Fast Day in week 3, a good way to “reboot”!
    A little damage but not much; waist 102cm and neck 40.5cm, a bit smaller than at start and weight up slightly at 85.9 (goal is 76 kilos by Jan 30th) but body fat remains unmoved.

Yesterday I started off week 4 with good blood chemistry reports from tests last week. My goals for September are:
    -to establish 5:2 living as a habit
    -avoid the comfort/poor nutrition/portion food choices I seem to revert to on the non fast days.
    -ramp up exercise, as best I can, and incorporate FastExercise into my life

All maybe easier said than done; good thing my month 2 starts next week as I am going to a friend’s cottage for a brief end of summer holiday!

Joined the “September Challenge” group, looking forward to the motivation and online community interaction.

Well the first month is over. I am at 87.2 kilos and 30 % BF this morning after a 6 day mini holiday; ate with abandon after starting off remaining on track…oh well back to reality today. Very hard to keep a separate “kitchen” life when at someone else’s residence; NFD eating fell apart,I missed a FD, and ate comfort food I usually do not have in my home. Weight bounced back up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.