First day Fasting tomorrow!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  becky.d90 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I am starting my Fast day tomorrow and I work for 14 hours, any ideas for a meal plan that’s portable and easy to do!

I would rather eat at lunch and dinner time so if any one has any plans they prefer when you are on the go I would really appreciate the help and tips!

Thanks

Becky x

Hi Becky

This is only my 3rd week but I do long hours too – 12.5 but often run over! I work either from 7.30am or a midday start.
    Whichever shift I’m on I ignore breakfast but keep chugging on fluids; water,fruit/herbal teas & black coffee until about midday when I eat – I find that if I can eat something that looks/feels like it will be filling it helps! I usually have miso soup & a big helping of mixed berries & natural yoghurt, or a veg omelette with lots of herbs & a tiny bit of strong cheese. This is stuff I can take to work & keep in the fridge.

I make the omelette quite firm like frittata & eat a bit of salad with it. For my later meal break I take a huge green salad & some lean protein (fish or meat). I avoid carbs most of the time but especially on a fast day – they don’t keep me full enough for long enough.

Hope this helps – good luck.

Thank you so much!

I have gone with the yoghurt and berries, then tuna salad for later.

Massive help, thanks again

Xxx

Hope you got on ok @ work today Becky with your fast day. My first fast day this week is tomorrow – yoghurt & berries for lunch plus salad & ‘something’ for tea. Will keep out of team office in case anyone brings in biscuits! Will be doing next fast on Friday or Sunday.

Hey!

Finished work half an hour ago and I can honestly say it wasn’t that bad! Thanks for all your help, I may go with the omelette next time! I hope all goes well with your fast day!

Keep me updated!

Xx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.