Fifty something in UK with 40 – 50lbs to lose looking for buddies

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Fifty something in UK with 40 – 50lbs to lose looking for buddies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah57 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi there

This is the start of my third week on 5/2. I have lost 3lbs over the last two weeks. I was a bit disappointed with that as I have really got into the diet and feel really determined. The online forums give a lot of info on unrealistic expectations! I am in in this for the long haul and keen to find any others who would like to buddy up. I need to get to a weight I am happy with and then crucially go on to maintain that, something I have never done before. My target, to get my bmi to 24 from 30 seems on the high side as there are so many who go much lower than that, but currently I am aiming for a a weight at which I felt really good maybe a decade ago.

Happy weight loss whoever you are!
    Sarah

Hi Sarah, there are lots of different threads on here contributed to by people who give each other support and encouragement. Read a few of them and I’m sure you’ll find one that suits you.

The average weight loss for women is 1lb per week. This is not a quick fix. it is a way of life for anyone who is serious about losing weight, keeping it off and/or reaping the health benefits of IF.

Losing weight is about creating a calorie deficit and it takes over 3,500 calories to lose 1lb of weight so losing several lbs every week is impossible. People often lose a few lbs in the first week but that is mostly water weight and not fat.
    If you haven’t done so already I recommend you read the 5:2 book as it has some useful information and insights.
    The other thing you can do is measure yourself because you’ll often find that on the weeks you get on the scale and it hasn’t moved, you’ll have lost inches from somewhere.

There are many on this forum who will offer you advice but you should bear in mind than none of us are experts and so are offering an opinion not a fact.

Good luck

Thanks for your encouragement, Amazon. I have just ordered the Fast diet book and the Obesity Code, from Amazon (as it happens). I am sure I will be checking out the forums to try to contribute. Good luck on your journey however far along you are.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.