Feeling disappointed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• With 28lb to lose and being 6lb down after 4 weeks I had high hopes that week 5 would see me crack 7lb loss and a reading of 11st something instead of 12!

Unfortunately it was not to be with the scales one moving down 0.2lb!

I feel disappointed with myself for not hitting this but, also because I still seem to be gorging on ‘bad’ foods when on the normal days….

Sorry for the moan, has anyone else felt like this and what did you do to get through it?

Of course, we all miss the mark sometimes at a weigh in. I only do once a month, so I never ‘don’t lose anything’ but I must say August’s weigh in was a bit of a slap in the face at 1lb. You just can’t let it get you down, weight fluctuates so much for so many stupid reasons, it could just have been an aberration. But if you think you know the cause (overeating on non-fast days) then you also know the solution. Don’t get disheartened and throw the baby out with the bath water.

You have 2 choices:

Accept that if you continue as you are then you will lose a fraction of a lb per week rather than 1 or 2 lbs (that’s not the end of the world – at least it’s still heading in the right direction, it’ll just be mega gradual)

Or, pay a bit more attention to your intake on non-fastdays and be a little more rigid about the naughty stuff (doesn’t mean you have to chop anything out, just that you have to account for your naughty moments within a general calorie limit)

You can also add some different exercise patterns, this may kick-start a loss but if you happen to build any muscle you may notice the change in your shape rather than in the scales as muscle weighs more than fat.

Bon Chance!

Thanks TraceyJ for your comments.

I was not planning to give up on this just yet I like the flexibility and its a plan I can stick to!

I did do some extra walking last week so wondering if muscle had increased.
    And I certainly will be paying more attention to my non fast days just wishing I could get rid of my sweet tooth!

This is a new week and on a fasting day today so onwards I go was just feeling a little negative and needed a little reminder that there is more to this then what the scales tell you!

There is. I particularly appreciate the ‘normalised’ hormones and the lack of eczema 😉

Keep on truckin’ you’ll get there. I’m a chocoholic myself, so a decent percentage of my non-fastday munchies are accounted for by my ‘habit’, it’s not the end of the world that I still crave chocolate, I just have to be aware that it has a cost.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.