Feed Days – Include snacks or not

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
Feed Days – Include snacks or not

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  curlygirl 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Just started the diet and am very excited. After reaching the book and watching Horizon, I still have a question. On our feed days, is the idea to try to go with 3 meals a day with little or snacks. In other words, I’m trying to deal with all of my dieting ‘knowledge’ and myths about not letting yourself get hungry, by eating 2-3 hours. Is it better to experience hunger on feed days vs. the old way of thinking that 5-6 small meals are best.

Normal days should be just that – what you normally eat.
    If you usually have 3 meals each day, stick to that but if small and often suit you then do that.
    Find your TDEE here
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/
    this tells you how many calories you need daily to MAINTAIN your weight. If you are trying to lose weight it would be sensible to have your 2 fast days, with 500cals, then slightly reduce the calories suggested by your TDEE to enable a good weight loss.
    Don’t forget to get the tape measure out and especially to measure your waist.
    Sometimes it appears you have not lost any weight during a week yet your clothes seem looser so you are losing inches – which is very motivating too.
    Lots of us don’t count calories but watch portion sizes and still lose weight.
    I look upon 5:2 as a way of life, and find calorie counting such a pain and is why most other diets are unsustainable.
    Good luck 🙂

Thank you Lindyw for the great advice. I am hopeful that this will be a way of life for me, because it really seems very sustainable. It sounds like one needs to think and flexible to what works for them. I’m ready for challenge. Appreciate your direction and link to TDEE. Stay well!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.