Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,981 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 13 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,751 through 3,800 (of 35,468 total)

• Good evening all 🙂

Jean..well done to you and hubby..great result! Sorry hubby unwell. .hope he improves soon x

Hemmy..hope you’re having a fab time with Kristy and resisting wine!

Alas I have succumbed tonight..friend’s 60th..hit the VC then Prosecco. .whoops! ! Not much food to soak it up!! Had a great eve catching up with friends so tomorrow is another
    day..for getting back on track. ..

Ginette Audrey..hope all ok with you x

KT..thinking of you x stay strong x it will all be up and down. .roll with it, do the best you can and check in for support xx take care of yourself x

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone. .missing old and new faces x

Have a relaxing Sunday 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Morning All,

We didn’t get the lovely sun yesterday, it’s dull today but seems brighter.

Hemmy …can’t believe you got Kirsty on the Shloer…my Katie would be horrified…no wine! A busy day in the garden painting hope Kirsty helped. Lol

Karen…lovely to do a catch up with friends sounds like a good night….we have had a relaxed two days but now pulling in again..you have to have a long term WOL or it won’t work.

Audrey…hope you have got over your busy day….all the calories burned..and on a FD.

Ginette…I feel as if I should be sorting out…guilty feelings…I am letting my bookcase get smaller, my sister keeps bringing me a carry bag of books, I have declined of late I just have too many. Then of course I have my kindle now..much smaller!

KT…keep with us…you are doing good…a day at a time X

Hubby has been up most of the night possibly bronchitis as Ginette says, his chest is weak with all his years smoking…a non smoker now!… It’s a bad bout this time….he is still trying to fast in a fashion. ( more milk and cough syrup) always a bad patient!

Had a few naughties this weekend, as always…today we are back on track.

Dentist for me tomorrow a replacement old filling which is making my tooth discoloured at the front…not looking forward to it after I had my tooth out at Xmas…a bit iffy on going 😁

Fast day for us tomorrow

Have a good Sunday…..enjoy

Jean X

symba – just to say that dairy can increase mucus production so milk wont help hubs cough
    he does sound poorly, hope dr will help

hope dentist goes ok – I also hate going

I have weighed today, but on mum’s scales which are about half stone over what I am at home (at least I hope so!!)

so I think I am about the same, or may have lost half a pound
    hopefully not put any one, all though wouldn’t be surprised if I have

have been watching more ‘sugar’ documentaries just to keep hammering the point into my thick skull

Well I did a really good fast day yesterday,lots n lots of cleaning popped on scales and am up 1lb….. must be food in transit because I am definitely struggling to go at the min, it’s the only flaw with this WOL it plays havoc with my IBS….

Anyhow I am having a mindful day today but am looking forward to fish fingers and actifry chips later….

Karen glad you are ok…. Jean hope hubby improves soon, KT Congrats again on your good fast day I am doing another tomorrow if you want to hop aboard? Ginette hope you finish cleaning and sorting soon, I did a wii workout yesterday! Hemmy give our love to kristy keep on with the Shloer it’s better than the alternative. …

Have a good Sunday my friends, I have been out in the garden it’s beautiful here….

Together we are stronger

Audrey

KT…..there is no way hubby will give up milk he drinks loads…after the really bad night he’s not been too bad today…it hits in again about 4pm!

Audrey…..if you have been good it will come off….it’s just the way it is…you will loose on weigh in day..you always do well..

Line of washing on the line…first of the year…lovely and sunny here. Might go and wipe the car down make it tidy!!

F1 on TV keep the boy happy….

Xx

Hi Karen

It’s good to let your hair down once in a while. It sounded as if you enjoyed it.

Hi Jean

Well if you get the sorting bug it is a good time of the year with the lighter evenings. Also weather forecast for the week seems to be rain apart from one day 🙁 …..ah well we wouldn’t appreciate sun all the time.

I hope hubby gets sorted at the doctors. Fast day for me as well. I am trying to sort out and spring clean on my fast days now. Seems like a plan. I haven’t ordered nets yet I will though next week. Not one for flowery nets and have found some nice ones that just have a fleck running through them. Not too heavy but will give much needed privacy.

Coughs always seem worse overnight. I usually get seven days antibiotics as if I only have five I am back at the doctors again once it has got that bad. I haven’t had it for a few years now.

Hi KT

Keep up the documentaries if that helps you. I shall cheer you along.

Hi Audrey

Yes I am sure you are right food in transit. When I finish the sorting (probably 2017) I may get the Wii back out, I need to get the urge back, I want to decorate a bit though when I am through with the sorting, I’ve got a bee in my bonnet now, long may it last.

Hi Hemmy

I know it is your day off of forum, not many posts to catch up on though.

See you all tomorrow.

Ginette

Morning All,

Hubby has got his appointment at doctors then we are off to dentist..

Fast day for us today…quite a few of us today.

Ginette ….nets sound good, when I used to have them I quite like them full but plain…I have got used to not having them now…1 job less to wash. Lol.

Audrey…fish fingers and chips ages since I gave had them…used to like fish finger sandwich!

Hemmy…hope your weekend went well with Kirsty…these weekends come around quick…

KT…you seem in control…keep going ..

Karen….got over your drinky night…are you with us today?

All for now…have a good fast day all

Jean X

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Hopefully another sunny day … enjoying getting the garden round.

Well, so very pleased this morning .. not an once on after the week-end never been known. Lol

Kristy and I managed without any wine. Felt so much more energetic this morning. She is not coming this week end so I am looking forward to a break with no big meals to get. Just use up stuff I have in the freezer.

Looking forward to day out to Stratford Upon Avon on Friday. Lunch and a catch up with my friend who may be getting a divorce. Still up and down though as they have been together 40yrs.
    Also some wonderful charity shops … a bit pricey but designer label quality.

Soooo A good incentive for 2 good FDs before then. .. starting today.

Karen .. good for you to relax on the cals once in a while … you are so consistent with your loses. Xx

Sym Hope your hubby will feel better after a Drs visit and hopefully some medication to help the cough. Xx

Aud how are you doing .. what a great week you had last week. Xx

Gine .. this lighter weather does inspire to clear out. They say it helps the mind to declutter . I can believe that. Trouble is there is always ” It might come in handy” attached to it. Lol I have workshop in the garden and I am always saying ” there is bound to be something in the workshop” lol

KT keep up the good work. Days will be hard at times .. they still are here after nearly 4 yrs. Xx

Brit lovelies Lets have a good Fast Day today … we can do this. Xx

Lets make the rest of our life … The best of our life. Xx

Morning all

Fast day today for me, may try for a liquid only will see how it goes…..

Not doing too well on the weight loss front but had a good loss last week so not too disheartened. ….

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Have a great day everybody

Audrey

Morning,

Hubby got some antibiotics..1000mg a day biggies!…been for chest X-ray at hospital…a lovely new doctor.

Tooth done….smiling pretty now 😀 Not too bad pain wise.

I am really really getting the need to bake…but I can’t…..does anybody else get like that….I usually keep on top of scones in the freezer best of the best I can bake…keeping sugar down. Any no calorie cake recipe anyone? 😇

Busy morning really, dropped a nest of tables at the charity shop, been to have glasses altered, chased the postman up the street for parcel he didn’t leave!

Having lunch time cuppa now…..all on track food wise..

Hope everybody is being good…

Xx

Wow Jean what a busy beaver you have been..

Lets hope your hubby is soon feeling better…

I am having a lazy afternoon good fast day so far…

Aud

oh symba – wouldn’t it be lovely if there were such a thing as NO calorie cakes!!

I have just found some lovely looking date and walnut recipes – that have no extra sugar although of course the dates contain a lot of sweetness
    there are 3 sugar free ‘fruit’ loaves on this site
    http://www.sugarfreerecipes.co.uk/naturally-sweet-fruit-loaves.html

I am also having a fd today, although I will be more like 600cal by the time I have veg with my fish tonight
    but still way better than a normal day
    it is gloomy and showery so no incentive to walk today

KT

Interesting…no sugar…I wonder if they would keep well…I will think on that one.

Glad you are having a good fast day I don’t always keep to bang on 500, near but not too fussy..

Xx

Having a great day so far. …

Only had a cup a soup and 3 rich tea biscuits. … so far so good not a complete liquid day but under 300……

I am attempting to go till 5 tomorrow without eating then just having a light meal….. wish me luck I have never done a B2B without Milena!

Audrey

Audrey…..

It seems so hard a b2b does it really work for you? Your tummy must rumble big time…

I would have no chance as hubby won’t do it then it makes life so difficult.

Do you know if Milena is coming back to us? Did she ring you when your back was bad..are you in contact?

We have finished for the day with a ham and tomato omelette with a small sprinkle of cheese and salad.

Good luck for today and tomorrow
    Xx

Hi friends

FD going well here too. Back with my milky coffee and Egg sandwich and satsuma.

Suger free cakes would be good. Lol I would imagine scones would be about the best as I only use about an oz with 8oz flour. Trouble is its the jam and cream additions. Lol
    We need Gine on the case. Lol Xx

Think I may do a 8oo day tomoz … hopefully by the looks of things may lose a lb tomorrow.

Sym hope hubby feels better soon … what a busy morning you had. Lots achieved. Xx

Aud Glad your FD is going well… blimey till 5pm tomorrow sounds a long time though. Good luck . Xx Is there no sign anywhere of Milena Aud. Xx

KT I don’t count cals to the letter either. Enjoy your fish and veg. Are you still at your Mums. Xx

Gine hope you are having a good day and not clearing out too much . Lol Xx

Hi all 🙂

Beautiful sun here today so contemplating Poppy’s 3rd walk of the day (my second)..shame to waste a lovely evening..

Back on track for a FD today..sounds like it’s going well for fellow fasters Audrey and Jean 🙂

Jean..hope the antibios work quickly for your husband x

Ginette..what a busy bee you are! You put me to shame with your Spring sorting project..well done you 🙂 🙂

Hemmy..hope you had a fab time with Kristy at the weekend. Enjoy Friday with your friend..hope she’s doing OK x Have a relaxing weekend..my husband is away on business most of this week and I do enjoy sorting food only for me..and having control of the TV remote!!

KT..thinking of you..you are doing great on your FD today! Stick with it!

Audrey..good luck with your B2B..you know what to expect..you can do it, we are all with you cheering you on 🙂

What has happened to the men?!!

And we are still missing some old faces..Celtic Coffee Milena Lynda..check in when you can x

Walking boots on time..have a good eve all 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Lol Sym crossed posts. Xx Lol just looked and Karen too. Xx

Hi all

I sent milena an e mail but didn’t get a reply, perhaps she is just busy ……. so no am not in touch which is a shame because we got on very well…. it was always me, ginette and milena. …..

I think I should be ok till tomorrow I find after a while my body just accepts it’s not going to eat…. I remember last year when I did b2b with milena the 2nd day was no harder than the 1st so fingers crossed it’s the same now and ian is home tomorrow so he should stop me bingeing once I break my fast. ….
    Karen we do indeed seem to have mislaid a few of our regulars, let’s hope they come back….
    Hemmy I can support you tomorrow if you want a buddy…. I am aiming for 500 or less…..
    Jean hope hubby is improving now
    Ginette are you still up to your ears in paperwork?

Am going to keep busy tonight, do will be back in touch tomorrow, have a good evening all see you tomorrow. ..

Audrey

Hemmy…

Stratford sounds lovely for your day with your friend on Friday….but lots of sad things to talk about if she goes for divorce it will only get worse….not a good place to be…she will need a friend and a Merlot!

Karen…

We all seem to have had a good fast day…nice to have the walking with Poppy..and the hubby away nice to have easy food with your feet up..😄

Xx

Hi Hemmy, yes I am still at mums
    and although she worries about my weight, she cant resist offering ‘treats’ like biscuits or do I want a cake when we go out etc – but its ok when I decline
    however we have had a small amount of fruit salad each – so that will have probably added at least another 50cals
    should come in under 600 by end of day, if I resist my milky tea until bed time

H Jean

I’m glad you have git the dentist out of the way, hubby will be on the mend in a couple of days with those antibiotics. Well done on keeping busy. I have a bag ready for the charity shop and may go there in Wednesday.

Hi Audrey

I’m glad your day went well, mine did as well. I made soup but it gor too late to have it so I had a sandwich instead. Soup late at night will have me running to the loo. Bare naked noodles lunch time and then strawberries and half a yougure for dessert. Sandwich came in about 250 and noodles about 75 with 1/3 sachet of sauce. Strawberries and youghurt about 75 as only a small portion.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Hi Karen

You can always start, it is way past time for me to do it. I have two spare bedrooms that I haven’t looked at yet. I had to empty a house to let for someone and she wanted me to hold on to things. She had since passed away and lived in Spain. They are only sentimental no value as such. I have to sort through her paperwork as I was taking care of this, so a lot of shredding when I get to that.

I had an afternoon sorting and then after ny neighbour left about 11.30 I got another hour and a half done. The last hour and a half wasn’t intentional. Tomorrow is another day.

The trouble is I still have things I feel I have to keep and have to read through the letters before shredding or recycling. This takes time. Big bag of recycling waiting to go out and 2 black sacks to go to the bin, luckily we have communal bins that get emptied offen. I am filling the recycling one on my own!

No idea where the men have gone. I did look and saw that Milens hasn’t posted at all on the forum. I have looked at the other threads and she just seems to have disappeared. Maybe she is just having a break, only time will tell.

I hope you enjoyed your walk.

H Hemmy

I remember a Michael Mosley programme that measure the effect of sweetners on our blood. The only one that didn’t give the blood a spike was Stevia. The others although they didn’t have calories gave the blood the same thing as a sugar spike.

I am not sure how successful using stevia in baking would be. I wouldn’t worry about how long they kept as half could be frozen and they wouldn’t keep for long around me.

Well done on not giving in to the wine.

Hi KT

Yes as you say even if you come out at 600 not too bad. If you are near an Aldi they do a really nice chicken and mango salad. Sounds a bit odd but it is devious a nice beg plateful as well for 108 calories. I have it for lunch sonetimes.

See you all tomorrow as I’m off to bed now.

Ginette

Morning Brits,

The same dull day for the fourth time this week!

We both had a good fast day a bit hungry for breakfast this morning, sometimes not but this morning we were.

A hair root colour morning for me…a bit of a pain in your bum but has to be done..it will take me a couple of hours!

We bought a new oak telephone table for the hall, as we have a wooden floor…all the telephone wires and Wi Fi box and wires are all over the floor…drives me crackers….hubby is hanging some on the wall and hiding them in a small boxed-in area with a bit of oak wood I have found in the garage. Small job if he feels up to it 😊.

Ginette…do you ever go to bed? You are up all hours..I liked to be tucked up by 10.30 waking up about 6.30 for a morning cuppa. After all your busyness you should sleep like a log…

Catch up on all later

Xxx

Good morning fiends hope all is well with you and yours.

A sunny start hopefully not like yesterday with lots of April showers.

Well pleased to announce a one pound loss this morning. Yay Lol

After having a bit of a blip seem to be back into it again. Looking up different articles about fasting and the benefits.
    Have been drinking a lot of water find I prefer the sparkling kind best. I don’t know whether its coincidence but my legs were really achy last week now fine.

Doing 800 cals today or less.

Lol KT Mums always feed you up then tell you to watch your weight. Lol Mine does anyway. Xx

Sym I love the sound of all the wood in your hall. So warm and homely. Hope hubby feels up to doing that job today. Would probably be good for him. Xx

Aud .. good luck to both of us today. So glad you are keeping well. Xx

Gine Time does fly when sorting out. The worst one for me is old photos. I spring clean some boxes I have and end up looking at all the albums again too!
    Your FD sound great yesterday.Xx

Must get cracking have some new shrubs to put in which I probably need like a hole in the head. Lol

Feeling a bit down as my friends house goes on the market this week-end. A very good friend and neighbour too.

Take care all.. Brit lovelies Change your mind … Change your body. Xx

Morning all

I am trying for another 500 kcal fast day again today….

I am not too hungry yet, I know once I start to eat problems will come but luckily ian will be here to stop me….

Off to hairdressers today for a much needed trim, them tomorrow the dreaded dentist!…..

Have a good day everybody, hemmy shout me if you need any support. …Good luck to you….

Audrey

Hemmy…..well done on your pound…hoping it’s good for us all…have a garden day and get the shrubs in before the rain..

Audrey….have a good fast day…both of us hair and dentist! …..two beauties together..lol

We are eating my slow pulled pork shoulder cooked with an apple, onions, garlic and paprika…really lovely had it last week when hubby fancied it in a bun…out of the freezer now will have it with rice tonight. There’s not a lot left so it will be small portions.

Hubby doesn’t realise I have cut potatoes and bread down big time….lol ….just saying we have to have different food. 😇

He is doing his woodwork…seems a bit better…cough easing

Xxx

I have made it through today without eating….

Just getting ready to start making our meal soon, I am now hungry….

Hemmy hope you have managed ok

Will be in touch tomorrow after I weigh in….. fingers crossed for a loss….

Audrey

Hangs head in shame, just stepped on the scales gone up to 14 St 0.2 lb Going to give my self a right talking too later. Been in a really crappy place for the last month or two. Going to see GP tomorrow and will talk through meds options etc. Stu going in for his op on Friday, should be home a me point Saturday. He did really well yesterday, got through a cystoscopy with out any seizures. Bladder all OK just enlarged prostate.I do feel a bit more energetic since the clocks have changed. Hope everyone is OK. KT you’ve been in my thoughts .

Audrey…

You have done really well these last two days…hope the scales are good for you tomorrow..X

Celtic..

Nice to have you back on board…it’s hard to continue at times when there’s a lot on your plate…Stu and yourself come first..5.2 can wait…maybe you feel up to coming back now xxx

Just have had my dinner delicious…afraid with two Merlots !

Xx

Hi Hemmy

Well done on your loss. It’s nice to see the scales move down. Maybe I will join you soon. All this sorting out means snacking and no proper meals as I don’t want to interrupt the flow. I do have meals on fast days though. Soup ready for tomorrow’s fast day.

Hi Jean

I have got to get mine done as well. Another funeral next week so I may have my hair coloured and then a perm. If I don’t have a perm I tend to look like Ken Dodd on a bad day. I don’t have a curly one but it gives it body.

I was sorting out the airing cupboard today but gor disturbed about three times and in the middle of it had to go and measure up my kitchen units. My son may be able to get some new doors (well new to me) and new worktop for my kitchen.

Cats were playing in the airing cupboard when I went back to it, they where having a brilliant time knocking things off of shelves. Off to Pams tomorrow. I need to drop things off at the community centre who are selling them to make some money to keep things running. Good to help a local project. They will take most things so a few bags will be going there over the next few weeks. It is only just down the road from me so I can do this on the way to Pams.

Well done Audrey

I am so pleased that you managed it. I know you enjoyed the company that Milena gave you. I did the fast beach diet with her. It really does help to have somebody doing it with you. Maybe I should do the fast beach diet again. I lost 16lbs in 6 weeks doing this.

Anybody fancy it? …I’m only at the thought stage at the moment.

Hi Celtic

I could tell you weren’t in a good place as you haven’t been on the forum a lot. We all go through this and I did a while ago. Hopefully it will soon pass as soon as Stu’s op is out of the way. All this is a worry and you haven’t long to wait now. The worry must be tremendous especially with the seizures as well.

Look after yourself as well as Stu though. It is easy for us to neglect ourselves when we are caring for others.

Send Stu my best wishes for the op and hopefully you will feel more like joining us on a regular basis soon. As Jean says 5:2 can wait until afterwards.

I have been a bit stressed myself and so I’ve started going to bed with my Paul McKenna control stress CD again. Have you tried this? It says not to use if you have epilepsy. I do have but my doctor said to try it and it hasn’t affected me. I have had hypnosis in the past and I never had any problems.

Ginette

Morning all

1.5 5lb down….. I have had to work for it but I am determined this year I am going to get there….

Ginette post details of the fast beach diet I didn’t do it last year but may give it a go if I start to struggle to lose.

Celtic welcome back. Keep posting we are still here ready when you are ready to come back. Hope stu operation is ok… keep in touch even if you are not sticking to 52… we care about you….

Hope everyone else is ok….

Off to clean up now….

I am glad I have weighed in today home made lasagne for tea today…..

Keep in touch together we are stronger…

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours

Well done on your 1.5 loss Aud … keep it up. Sounds like we all did well this week Xx

Hi Gine what a lovely picture … your cats at play. Where would we be without our animals for company.

Thank you for mentioning The Fast Beach diet, I had read early in the thread you had successfully done it. When you feel up for it let us know please .. I and I am sure others would love to join you.

With you at the realm for encouragement and knowledge we couldn’t fail… plus a nice boost for summer. Something to get our teeth into.,, as such.

Have a good day G. Xx

Hi Sym hope hubby is feeling better today.. lots of coughs around. Maybe all the damp weather. Are you doing any projects today. Xx

KT How are things with you. Xx

CC lovely to hear from you. Xx Hope all goes well with Stu… tell him we are thinking of him and sending healing thoughts.

Stressful time for you … some don’t eat when stressed .. others including myself eat for England.

Peep in and keep in touch CC we all worry about you. Take care. XX

Fast day today .. 800 yesterday to help towards away day Fri. Lol

Hope everyone is ok. Call in whether an oldie or newbie.. we are always pleased to see you.

Brit lovelies ..Success is nothing but a few disciplines practiced every day. Xx

Morning All,

A cold day here ….

We have the Grandson visiting Thursday till Saturday…nice really he’s 15 and e mailed to see if he could visit.

Out shopping today to get some favourites in for him…er chocolate..er biscuits..oh dear! He will have to fall in with our FD then we will join him for treats Friday…I keep saying to hubby we must do FD!!

Thick coat out again it’s very cold and scarf!

Audrey.. Very good 1 1/2 off you really worked for it ..well done. We must get more stricter but for us a low steady loss is OK I don’t want to put hubby off lol ..I want him with me it’s easier.

Hemmy…lovely Stratford, it’s awhile since I was there, daughter used to fly to Birmingham and stay there..lots of lovely small shops…have a lovely day with your friend..hope she’s OK she will need a shoulder and an ear.

Hubby feeling much better, still coughing a bit. He’s off in the garage later I am not happy it’s too cold for him! He will wrap up.

Daughter returning to work improved but not totally better. Works complaining!

I am getting the look, we are ready to go and do a early shop.

Speak later..everybody have a good day.

Jean x

Hi Sym

Ohh how lovely grandson wanting to visit on his own back. Lots of fun in the garage with hubby I bet.. plus your cooking … gets those scones out .. thick butter for me please. Lolol

Have a good days shop… fresh air if he is well wrapped up may do him good. Xx

I have decided to have a change today .. shake it up a bit. Only tea and water on the hour till 6pm ( if I can last) then a coop lasagne. It is 540 cals so will probably end at 600 … only a dash of milk and no sugar in my teas.

Doing 1/2 an hour working in house or garden then the same reading. Will report back later.

Xx

well done Audrey – that is a great loss!!

I see some of you mentioning the fast beach diet – having looked it up it seems like about 3 fd’s a week + other things

well I don’t think I could do that – and since there is no likelihood of a holiday anywhere ever, there is not much incentive 🙁

i feel so much fatter here at mums
    think it might be because she is so much smaller and also there are full length mirrors which are DEFINITELY NOT my friends!!

not sure when next fd will be, already had breakfast so cant be today, nor tmro hmmmmmmmm must try not to lose momentum again

Hemmy..

The plan sounds good, are on a FD? Or a small NFD? Enjoy the gardening, I don’t know about cleaning, a pain in the bum! Keep moving….lol

We had a bit of a heavier day than expected yesterday, 2 Merlots and a naan bread, and small scone which we don’t do in the week. I felt a bit fed up! and hubby joins me in what ever I eat and I give him lol.

A lesser day food wise today bringing us into FD tomorrow. Hubby off his food..not normal! Lol

Hubby not in garage feels not good..his body is very clammy and pains in tummy, sicky, if not any better I shall send him back to Docs on Friday…India/ Sri Lanka bug???

KT…

I think it’s hard at Mums trying to eat as she will try and feed you up! Just try and do it when you can.

How long will you be staying with her, is she local to you?

Like you the beach diet may not be for us…we find it hard doing 3 FDs…may watch the others and see how they do…

Xx

Hi Audrey

Well done, worth the effort then. 1.5lbs is a good loss. Home made lasagne sounds delicious. Will post fast diet planner at the end of this post. What I remember is the it was three fast days, cut out refined carbs and alcohol or at least keep tge last two to an absolute minimum. I also kept well below my daily calories (as set in my fitness pal) this wasn’t difficult one I had cut out all the rubbish I eat that I so enjoy. The only thing I remember having was about 6 midget gems.

I did this after Easter and I had eaten too much chocolate then and got into really bad habits. So it was a good thing. I have a shopping delivery ordered for Thursday next week and a funeral Wednesday. So I imagine if other people want to do it probably near the end of the month.

Here is a planner, go to the last page gor some info.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FB-PLANNER.pdf

Hi Hemmy

Yes the cats really are company, I have be on my lap as we speak. They love my sorting out as it keeps them interested but they also love it when I sit down. No sorting today only dropping off and taking rubbish to the bin.

Good luck on your day, I have a fast day at Pams later, always difficult…. I have told get that I will make an omlette, seems to be safe ground. I will have soup as well. I normally have omlette and ham or with Heck sausages.

Hi Jean

As Hemmy says how lovely that your grandson wants to come at this age. He must enjoy your company and there will be time to be strict with yourselves when bre goes back. Enjoy your time with him.

Yes the weather is very up and down at the moment looks stormy here as well. I shall take a jumper and scarf today thanks for the warning.

I’m glad hubby is a bit better as he will be able to enjoy his grandsons company more.

Hi KT

Yes it dies have three fast days, but the rest is just cutting out refined carbs so cakes, biscuits, chocolate, and white bread. I have white bread rarely but I do enjoy a nice tiger bloomer once in a while as a treat. My normal bread is granary or wholemeal.

When I did the fast beach diet I wasn’t going on holiday either, I just did it to get back into good habits. It reduces cravings for certain foods. I was in control after that fir a long time. If you watched that programme the sugar diet with the celebrities on the farm, they went without sugar for six weeks. This is obviously the time it takes to reeducate ourselves.

I know what you mean about full length mirrors. I don’t have any either. I wouldn’t mind one in the wardrobe though as it might come in handy in the future.

Difficult being at your Mums. They just love to feed us up however overweight we are!! Try to stay strong and not get back into bad habits.

Ginette

Hi Jean

So sorry to hear that hubby is unwell again. Look up the antibiotics he is on and check side effects as they are strong and maybe they don’t agree with him, it wouldn’t hurt to take paracetamol in case he has a temperature as this would make him feel better.

Hi Sym

It is a fast day for me today. I have loads of those meals for one in the freezer.

Our local shop we are lucky enough to have is part of the coop chain. They sell these meals off most days. I never get round to using them. They are I am sure full of numbers but in general not too bad as some.

I just thought today no fiddling around … straight from freezer to oven later.

Its a hard time now …1pm -2 … Just back from an hour and a half walk .. would usually have cup of coffee made with all milk.

The hungry waves gone off for now with a big cup of tea. Then I am off to the shop in my next 30 min working slot. Lolol ( I sound mad for a retired person)

Hope hubby is going to feel better soon …it sounds like a bad virus or as you say overseas related. Wonder if you should ring the Drs .. He isn’t allergic to what they have given him is he.

I had virus years ago after the Drs felt like I was dying… it turned out I was allergic to penicillin. Xx

KT I find FDs very hard when not alone. It always seems very unsociable to abstain. Lol Thats my story and sticking to it. Lol Xx

Aud… Gine.. Karen… CC how is it going with you. Xx

Gine .. Just crossed posts. Xxxx

Hi Hemmy

Ahh the big cup of tea my friend that always keeps me going. I still have a ready mean once in a while. Maybe once a month. I have fish in sauce quite often though….must get some more.

Yes my son was ill once he was allergic to Penicillin. I have taken antibiotics that disagreed with me as well.

Here is another bit about the fast beach diet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/wellbeing/diet/10839520/Can-Dr-Michael-Mosley-and-the-Fast-Beach-52-diet-get-me-fit-for-summer.html

See you all later.

Ginette

well I don’t drink alcohol (or haven’t for some months), have MASSIVELY cut down on all carbs, especially cake/biscuits
    seldom have potatoes or rice or pasta
    never have white bread as only usually have gf bread

so in theory if I could do 3 fasts a day the weight should fall off

hmmmmmm don’t think it will
    although I lost 3lb the week before Easter, on 3 fd’s

maybe I will give it a go when I get home – but not every week!

my major problem will be when my depression worsens, and when I get triggered into binge mode

thanks for the info – I will keep it in mind

Gene Thank for that link to the FBD. Love the article and reference to Michael as god. Lol

3 would probably be hard going but for 6 weeks it would give us a new challenge… For me really having to focus on those carbs and of course the Vino.. which is doable for me now… carbs harder.

If done with a few of us it could also be fun. I am game to give it a try if its decided. Xx

Ginette..

Very interesting article, both, hoping to get it printed off. I haven’t looked in to the beach diet only heard about it.

I don’t know if I could do 3 fasts but cutting back big time and some excerise and HIT, see what everybody else does and join up together..just 6 weeks! Have you got to do 3 days or would 2 be OK?

I have put the planner in my i books to save.

Hubby is allergic to penicillin so he’s on the alternative..come around a bit but no garage day!

Michael as God…he is rather nice …lovely twinklely eyes. Lol

X

Ginette..

All printed out and ready to go…

My printer which is very temperamental is with me all the way..it must be telling me something!

Cheers X

Hi KT

I knew it would be a struggle when I started but it really makes you look at everything you eat all week. Sadly it seems as if 6 weeks is the answer. It is all about retraining the brain.

I am not suggesting anybody do it but it’s more fun if two or three do it together.

It is only refined carbs that it suggests we need to cut out. This is sugar, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, white rice, white pasta and pastries. 🙁 herein lies my struggle. I suppose it is like lent!

We can still have some carbs I need to check the list again. I always had my Sunday roast with potatoes.

Hi Hemmy

I am warming to it. But not until the end of the month. It will be nice to have company.

Jean

Maybe do two and an 800 day. It will just get us focused. I may change to this myself. Once a lot of the things you can’t eat are cut out calories just work out much lower.

Yes my problems weren’t with penicillin but another antibiotic that upset me. Glad he is feeling better. Did you look the side effects to the one he is on up?

Here is something in the mail today……I don’t think so, how miserable would life be. I can always eat with my fingers though!! 🙂

http://dailym.ai/1RO6R8f

Hi Gine Sym and KT … Yes 2 plus 800 seems a better deal. Lol

Oh I cant wait now… G we will gear ourselves up for it. We could always break it down also into 2 week blocks … normal for a week. Yay exciting.

Very hungry now … all tea and watered out feeling cold too. Lol

Going to ring a friend. Lol Xx

Hi Hemmy

I just looked at the thread we were on for the fast beach. There are a lot of posts from Milena and myself, also links. I did have a meal out in this time and I did go to my sons for a meal so not as harsh as it seems.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/fast-beach-diet/

Ginette

oh my Ginette – I don’t think I could stand a spoon showing the calories – next thing will be cutlery calling out at me to ‘STOP EATING OR YOU WILL GET FAT’!!

Ginette,

No I couldn’t have a spoon telling me to slow down…I eat too fast I like my food hot!

Ginette your loss on FBD in 6 weeks… 1 stone 2 lbs that was really great…I think we should all have a go. 😀😀😀😀
    X

getting scared now!! head is trying to chicken out

wont be home until next week so certainly cant start yet anyway

Viewing 50 posts - 3,751 through 3,800 (of 35,468 total)

You must be logged in to reply.