fast Beach Diet

This topic contains 166 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ginette K 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 167 total)

• Just turned 50 in January with all good intentions of not being fat at 50. Very disappointed with myself and stumbled across 5:2 while looking for solutions. Been on 5:2 for 6 weeks losing 5lb but would like to accelerate this for forthcoming beach holiday. Starting on Monday fast beach diet for 6 weeks. Starting weight 11 stone, would love to get near 10 stone. Going to be Monday/Wednesday/Friday fast No alcohol Its only for 6 weeks I keep telling myself. My lovely other half suggested bikinis are for females of a certain age and size woman, a well fitting costume is more flattering. This is my goal to prove him wrong even with stretch marks and cellulite. I may even step out of comfort zone and have a photograph taken. Looking forward to becoming fitter and healthier. Any help or advise would be appreciated especially with exercise. Help please !!!!!

Wow good for you, I started on monday and I am fasting on monday and a thursday. I am also 11 stone and would love to lose a stone and a half I also have underactive thyroid so I am going to start swimming next week when my children have gone to school. My advice is if you can lose a stone in 6 weeks well done you.xxxx

Hi, would you mind if I joined this thread, starting the fast beach diet next Monday.

Though may not be welcome as Ive dubbed it the fast beached whale diet, I hate beaches, don’t own a bikini and I think I’ve had to postpone, or even cancel my holiday in June. But I’m game for a challenge!!!

Ive a friend whose parents have both done well on 5:2, she saw I was losing too, as she is on holiday in just over six weeks, we’ve decided to do this.

My friend is also 11 stone – Im about 12 stone 12, 81kg. I started st 91 kg so doing it for a bit of a boost, and to see if I can be strict with myself.

We’ll be doing zumba, walking and perhaps more.

She is having an indulgent week, as I have said no coffee and no wine, just for starters. And I have decided to have a few treats as well, though also practicing with a few full fasts.

Hoping to drop 4 kilos in the six weeks.

Hi all, Hi Milena

I am on other threads but I am joining Milena for her challenge. I have about about 7 stone to lose and the only thing I enjoy is walking along a beach. I am up for a challenge though. I have lost about 16 since the second week of January but it did slow and this will help me kickstart it I hope.

Nothing like having company and support to keep you going.

Ginette

Hi Milena, Nice to hear from at least you have a lovely beach to walk along they are awful were I live but I do have some nice countryside to walk around but I am going swimming next week so will have to wait and see. Keep up the good work and hope you still are enjoying the diet. Alixxx

Hi Ginette, Sorry got my messages mixed up. Hope you also enjoy the diet. I have not weighed myself so not going to until I feel like I have lost a few pounds. Second fast day today as I work from 4.30 unitl 11 today so will have to be really careful in what I am eating. Hope you have a successful day. Alxxx

Hi Aliturner

Thanks for your reply. Milena and I are getting ready for next week. How do you find the fast beach diet. Good and bad tips needed.

Ginette

I thought this link may come in useful a calorie and exercise chart for six weeks.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FB-PLANNER.pdf

Maybe a bit late for some but useful for new joiners. Some info on last page.

Ginette

Hi Ladies, how is it going? What are you doing different go hour standard 5:2. Looking forward go seeing the bikini snaps, Ginette and I are probsbly not in thebikini range yet, but if this works we could do this bootcamp every few months.

Not sure if I could do a stone, but Im aiming for 10 lbs, though if I can do 12, I’ll be lighter than OH and son are now, though OH is doing a semi 5:2, he eats bacon and sausage sarnies, on fadt dsys he eats them in the Kitchen! Such support. He has lodt a few kilos, aiming to lose 2 more, do he will still be lighter than me!!!

Just need to work out how to do it, so will be using the planner.

Hi Milena

I shall make my target 10lb as well. I shall be happy with that. I read an article that said if weight loss has stalled take a day off and add carbs. I have well and truly done that today. Hopeful that may kick start the weightloss for next week.

I ate some mad things today!

Tomorrow I shall eat normally. I am out for a meal, that is mostly meat and vegetables. I may avoid the Yorkshire puddings or possibly mast have a small one. No dessert though. I have been quite strict for a few weeks and weight loss slowed. I will be strict again next week.

The article I read it is on (mid fifties thread) suggests having one day a week off. Sounds like good advice so might try it.

Only a few days to go. So counting down to then.

How is everybody else doing?

Ginette

Hi Ginette and Milena, second fast day went well. I am not going to wear a bikini but will hopefully fit in a size 12 bathing suit when I lose the weight. I think I would be last for advice as I was going to ask you both on your tips lol. Thanks for the pdf download Ginette really useful. I am also going out for a meal on saturday but just having cottage pie and about two glasses of wine. Hope you enjoy your meal and have a good weekend. Alixxx

Hi Ali

From your post I see you started last week. Did you do the fast diet before that? I didn’t see any info on your profile so I’m not sure where you are based. I did try Bare Naked noodles last week from Morrisons £1.99. They only make one meal, well they did for me. I found them in one of the recipe threads. They were quite nice 24 calories the lot plus whatever you add. You need to add a lot of flavourings to them as they haven’t got any but I am going to try them with pasta sauce and Parmesan.

I haven’t got the book as I have two Fastdiet books old one and updated one on kindle. I know there is a fast beach app for iOS but not for android. I have got this but it is annoying for others that they don’t have it on both systems. I have also got another fast diet book so I really don’t want to buy another.

Do you know how much you have lost yet?

Have a lovely meal.

Ginette

No chance of a bikini at 7 stone overweight! (What a thought) I won’t even wear trousers as I have big legs. I know Milena has less to lose but I think bikinis may have to wait 2 or 3 years. Possibly then a swimsuit.

If this works I shall do it once in a while.

Ginette

Well, not a whole lot less, becoming cautiously optomistic that a five stone, or even six stone loss may not be impossible. And big legs too! More than anything I’m hoping for a solution to my knee problems, and I hope that my water on the knee problem might be resolved with weightloss.

Here for the longhaul, lass, but hoping the fast beach diet might give us both a shove along the road. And hoping you Ali, and blackcat too, will pull us along from the front, while we push you both from the back!

Oh well Milena looks like we will be keeping each other company for some time then. Nice to do it with someone who has the same problems as well. I suffer from water retention and it does effect my knees. Try taking sea kelp (basically see weed in a tablet) the only time you shouldn’t take it is if you are on thyroid tablets. Any doubts check with the chemist. I find these help.

Only side effect is they make my hair grow faster!

Let’s hope we all keep each other company. As you say we can push, pull and encourage each other through this. Are you doing 2 or three fasting days? I think I shall start at 2 the first week and see how it goes. This is going to feel more like a diet than 5:2 only because we will be calorie counting everyday. I shall maybe have a day off of counting once a week on Saturday. I will decide by next week. I know I need to up intake at first as I dropped it right back. I will still be within TDEE range though. I was probably about 500 under and it didn’t help me lose more even though I was exercising more.

Not a straightforward calories in / calories out I am thinking.

Ginette

After saying I wouldn’t buy the book earlier today out of curiosity I thought I would see how much it was. Only 99p on Kindle with Amazon.

So as you can guess for that price I bought it. I saved £7.00 on the paper version. Also it has already been “delivered”.

Going to read it tomorrow. Did you get a book Milena and have you got a kindle app? You don’t need a kindle only the app and I would think these are available on android.

Ginette

Hi Ginette, Yes I did the fast diet about 5 years ago and lost half a stone. I also have done the Dukan Diet about 3 years ago and also lost half a stone. I was diagnosed with under active thyroid 2 years ago and the weight has crept up on me and was quite depressed with other thyroid symptoms. Did quite a few diets but never really stuck with them mainly in the winter lol. But determined to do this one and just see if I could lose a stone. You all sound really positive with the diets and heres to us all giving support to eachother. I am based in Cheshire, England. Where is everyone else based. Have good weekend. Alixxx

Hi all

Well!!! Very busy prep day – read the planner last night and had a huge wobble – press ups???? Aaarggghhh!

Son now teaching me how to do press ups!,

No book yet, still time though, if not here by Tuesday will put onto tablet, might do it anyway.

Saw your comment re kelp, Ginette. Went to Holland and Barrett, was in the penny sale. Ended up with green tea tablets for my penny. Diet ones as the standard ones were not in the sales. Assistant said dieretic, I hate green tea, so hopefully benefits without drinking what tastes like stewed grass. Caffeine too. Considering I’m doing the six weeks with no help from Costa, plus already have drastically cut down tea – can’t do without the half spoon of sugar-so ditching most tea – at least can get it from the tablets. Apparently caffeine helps metabolism . Maybe that’s why it’s labelled ‘diet’.

Intended a treat day, had half a teacake and a latte in M&S, but had no breakfast and that was lunch, not a lot of harm done. Debating whether to pop out for a bottle of wine, but probably leave til tomorrow.

Bought new knickers. Dunno why. Have drawers full in every size from 12 to 20. Just stopped wearing 20. Bought 16 and 14. Going to hang them where I can see them!

Also bought new tee shirt, 16, again I’m just out of 20, but can’t see my 36GG bust going anywhere near a 14. Hoping it goes down, but doubt I’ll ever be a 34b, at 7st 12lb I was a C cup.

Bought cardi. Tried the Large, a good fit. Though sleeves long, as ever. Bought the medium. To hang up where I can see it. Hope these are not just for decoration.

Told hubby I was going to buy a bikini – said in jest but he thought it a great idea! With that sort of support how can I fail? And he bought the new clothes for me too!!! Bless.

Heck, it’s only six weeks!!!!

Hi Ali, forgot to say, I live just outside Edinburgh.

How is the week going? Nearly over and just 5 more to go!!!! How often are you weighing, I’ve been doing it every time I go to the toilet it seems, well nearly, I need some self restraint. Planner seems to suggest writing down weight after every fast day.

You too, Blackcat. Where are you both going for your hols?

Hi Milena, gosh what a busy day you have had. Press ups gosh I couldn’t even do one lol. What great news that you have dropped a size in clothes thats great. Do you want to be 7stone 12lbs again. I was a size 8 back in 1992 when I got married and sort of went upto a 12 around 5 years ago. Would be quite happy to be in a 12 but if not just to be fit and healthy and be out of breath just going up the stairs. You did make me laugh about the knickers aswell. Not going on holiday as having all upstairs of house decorated etc and new bathroom but maybe go away for weekend somehere. Are you going anywhere nice. Weighed myself again today and still only lost 2lbs but thats ok. Might take me more than six weeks but will have to wait and see. Alixxx

ONLY two pounds???

Time to jump around the room!!!!!!

Average weight loss is a pound, two is bloody amazing!!

Now the object is to keep it going, and to sneak in a couple of extra pounds to get to that stone – though we may be walking you around the block for a few hours to get you there. Great start though and not even a week yet.

I was going on holiday to France and Italy, we have a wee Lotus Elise, object was to be able to sit in it comfortably. I can fit, but its a long way to Italy, but we have sort of cancelled as we dont have enough money, but Im fighting the HSBC bank for a ppi claim, they have sdmitted they owe me and have made a couple of offers, but nowhere near enough, if I can get it sorted, may be back on. Self employed so no holiday pay, and earnings tend to go into into stock.

Ne’er mind, well get away somewhere.

Using the fast beach diet just to give myself a kick. I was under eight stone right into my thirties, size 10, too short busty and hippy to be a true size eight but I had an eighteen inch waist. I remember getting into size 9 gloria vandebuilt jeans, and a size 8 skirt, if it was floaty, bought size eight denim skirt once, i think i dislocated my hips!!! Back in the day!!! This size until I left Tyneside in the late nineties – downhill from there.

Sense tells me 10 stone might be achieveable, in a year, before 5:2, resigned to just getting old and fat. Now more and more hoping to get much lower. A dream, but hey, if you reach for the stars……..

First goal 60 lbs in twelve months, a third of the way there in a third of a year. Found a few gals, including Ginette, to share this journey with – probably the real secret of 5:2.

Onwards and downwards!

Hi Milena

You have thoroughly confused me. I thought we were starting Monday. Have you started already? Surely we have six to go from next week?

I am going to do boxing for mine. I live in a flat so no stairs to help with press ups.

I didn’t know you can get green tea in tablet for. I remember buying a load of turmeric tablets and then when they came I forgot why I had bought them. I was reading something about turmeric now and it is good for memory problems, I nearly fell on the floor laughing…..so that’s maybe why I got them for long term….maybe need to start taking them soon then!

So pleased that you have got some knickers….at least you won’t have to go commando.

It sounded like a shopping spree and hubby sounds so nice and supportive. It must have made you feel good.

Hi Ali

Nice to know a bit about you. I am in Hampshire and I live by the sea. Only about 5 miles away from the countryside as well. We are having lovely weather in the south at the moment. I am hoping that everyone else will be sharing it. It was cooler today. I had a lovely lunch. No Yorkshire and plenty of veg. Herby roast potatoes as well. This was a three and a half hour lunch as I was catching up on a friend that I hadn’t seen in a couple of years.

I haven’t had chance to read any more that the first couple of chapters in the book. But I am going to have a quiet day tomorrow so I can read a bit more.

Ginette

Black cat

How are you doing?

So sorry to confuse you, Ginette.

Was it the pushups? Read the planner – it says do push ups. I don’t do push ups, Ive always felt a bust on a woman prevents us from doing them, all those pounds to lift and then they get squashed!

Got son go help, asked OH, who it turns out isn’t supportive at all, he just laughed out loud – very loud- and said it would be impossible for me. Then he refused to leave the room when son was showing me. Maniacal giggling is very off putting.

Now Im confused that you are doing boxing instead cos you have no stairs.

I didn’t use stairs, I just used the floor. We live in a bungalow. I have a few stairs outside the front door, but the whole cul de sac can see my front steps. If I had to use them, my boys would be selling tickets!!!

Starting Monday, after James Martin’s (he is a god) slow roast shoulder of lamb and Aldi’s best red wine – ten quid – you can buy a weeks shopping for ten quid in Aldi – starting Monday with a full fast!!!!

I saw that but a push up from the floor. Are these for Hiit? I n half a minute I might do three. Maybe it’s for muscle building. I have some weights. Only small ones. I meant boxing for Hitt. I love the thought of you on the steps. Didn’t I see somewhere they were saying you can do them on the stairs.

Wow I am impressed. Obviously son and OH aren’t.

Well done on your weight loss this week. I think I have lost half a lb went a bit mad the end of the week.

Jaye was telling me she weighs everything all the time. I only have done on fast days. Obviously next week this will change.

It will be interesting to see. Are you from Scotland Milena?

If you fancy a chat message me on Facebook with your number and I will can you as I get free calls every day. Don’t worry if you are too busy.

Ginette

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Hi Milena yes two pounds have not weighed myself and sort of thought that I would weigh myself every monday from now on but gave in after three days. I seem to also try and keep myself under 1000 calories when I am not on the fast days going for a meal tonight only the local pub so will be ok as its 533 calories but not sure about the wine not really a big drinker. How lovely if you were going away to France and Italy you need one of those head scarfs they were in 1950’s and you would of been like Audrey Hepburn lol. Think everyone is feeling the pinch arent they. I work in sainsburys for my sins but at least I have a job and some don’t. You never know about the ppi claim fingers crossed for you. Also a Lotus Elise;) well jealous. Also have to say James Martin is god in the kitchen and also to look at. Yes time does creep up on you doesn’t it and yes you can be a size ten again as you said with support and time. Hi Ginette, you lucky things down there enjoying the weather its like winter up here but today is really sunny and nice so here hoping.
    Glad you enjoyed your lunch have you both cut out the wine etc I might be having two glasses tonight as I am out to a 60th pub tea so was just thinking do you think if I mixed it with soda would it be ok. Enjoy reading and hope you have a quiet day. Speak maybe tomorrow. Love Alixxx

Hiya

Book has arrived, all set for Monday, decided to have a weekend completely off 5:2. Bearing in mind on my ‘normal’ day I tend to count calories, just decided not to.

Strangely not working out quite how I imagined, had cake and latte for breakfast. Chocolate cake, but we had one between two, I had less than a quarter. Half a ham sarnie for lunch, home roasted ham.

Got some lovely jersey royals for tomorrow – I had potatoes sprouting in the kitchen, haven’t bought any in months. But just got six potatoes, two for me and four for OH, son doesn’t like them. So no roast tatties tomorrow, and no potato salad to use up cold jersey royals. Old habits broken!

Fois gras for dinner postponed, for at least six weeks, having prawns and salad. Will have wine, but it will now last the weekend, a glass of red after dinner, instead of a bottle with the fois gras.

Interesting, I think. Never made a mindful food choice before in my life!

Ginette, will post my phone number on Facebook, looking forward to a chat. At home working, so would welcome a break. Keep going, Ali and black cat, but be kind to yourselves.

Hi Ali

Congratulations on your 2lbs a nice loss. I would be really happy with that.

I jus thought I sought post a link here about croissants. Interesting in many ways. Who can make that amount in that short a time! Let me know what you think. You may be really surprised.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zdYKn2RJo

Maybe off the menu for now…….

Ok weigh done today ready for the off Monday.

Enjoy dinner and wine.

Ali I don’t have a problem with wine. About 1 glass a year. Tea is my drink of choice.

Ginette

Hi All

No drain tuna in spring water on offer at asda 6 individual portion cans £3.00.

68 calories. Nice with salad carb free noodles or whatever else takes your fancy. Has anyone ever had tuna omlette? I think I might have tuna, boiled egg and salad it would make a nice lunch.

Hi girls will look at the Gordon Ramsey’s you tube tomorrow. Went for tea and had just cottage pie 533 calories. BUT had vodka wine and lemonade and 2 glasses of wine so really cross with myself, I am also not a big drinker Ginette if you believe the first bit of this sentence. How did the weigh in go Ginette? Will try the tuna omlette on monday. Have good weekend. Alixxxx

Lost half a pound but I start FBD for Monday. I haven’t had tuna omlette but I was wondering if anybody else had. Video is only 4 minutes long.

Ginette

Lots of meal plans on here free

Also recipes

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/food/500-calorie-meal-plans-52-diet/

It looks good

Ginette

Morning Girls,

Jaye here, I’m joing Ginette and Milena starting on the FBD today.

I have been doing the FD for 9 weeks, today being the start of my 10th week. I’ve lost 32lbs. My first big goal was to lose 2 stone. I figured it would take 6/8 mths. I know believe I can be slim, maybe a size 12 depending on how I look as I lose weight. Don’t want to be slim but look haggard lol.

I fast Monday/Wednesday and the odd Friday. For me I wanted to change my relationship with food, stop obsessing about carbs. I lived on bread, cereals, tea cakes, hot cross buns and crumpets. I was a terrible ’emotional’ eater but actually realised through research and doing this diet that it wasn’t ’emotional’ eating it was addiction to carbs/sugar. Emotional hunger comes on suddenly and won’t be satiated by anything other than high sugar and 50/50 foods (half fat/half sugar foods the absolute worst foods. Think cakes filled with lots of cream, the more you eat, the more you want. These cause our brains to not shut off and get the signal we are full. It tells them it wants more and more. We feel sick by the end but never satiated). Two things happened for me. I re educated myself about carbs, sugars and fats. I now eat a diet that is supported more and more by scientists and even my own Doctor. High fat, high Protien, low carbs. Void of as many processed or package foods as possible and I eat lots of fresh veg, salads, fruit. I eat cheese, full fat cheese and butter! And still I lose 2/3 a week. I don’t eat pasta (maybe once a month, or regular potatoes, I eat sweet potatoes that are low GI and I buy low GI bread. The second thing was the Fasting itself. Going onto 500 cals a day if you are savvy and understand you must eat well particularly on these days, well you avoid sugar and carbs and eat good protiens and veg right. No saving cals for a biscuit or a sugar in your tea or you’ll be starving. Plus the point is to stop the sugar rush on FDS. So I stick to it ridgidly on FDS, I eat just one meal in the evenings. Within the first week I had broken my addiction to carbs, in fact I became a bit of a carb phobe knowing that they had helped me way more than i ever thought to become a massive 18 stone 2. On none fast days i don’t eat sugar much either and carbs mske up only 20/25% of my diet. I eat carbs with protiens because they are processed and used better by our bodies this way. In 10 weeks I have had 2 slices of cake, I enjoyed them but I can’t say I miss them. I gave up diet coke/sodas which are proven to make you gain weight. They turn off our full receptors stopping us msking the hormone that tells us we have eaten enough. I drink soda water or sparkling mineral water with a slice lemon and ice. If I am pushing the boat out I might have one small dash of squash in it lol. I still love food and still eat out 3 times a week.

The two things I will be giving up to do the FBD is my skinny cappuccino (although I may be tempted to try a caffiene free one at Costa) and Prosecco which is my drink of choice when I go out on Saturday nights. I’ve a help in hand on Saturday as I’m not going out anyway. Other than that I already stay 500 cals below my TDEE of 1966 on NFDs.

So that’s my journey through Fasting so far. It’s been thouroughly enjoyable I have to say. I love fast days!

I am joining more for company with Ginette and Milena as I am not sure how successful my HIIT sessions will be. I live in a small first floor apartment and my exercise will have to be Boxing on the wii so I can fit it around some physical problems.

Good luck and happy fasting

Jaye 🙂

Hi All first fast day over and have been experimenting with calorie trackers. I tried my fitness pal but struggles to input exact amounts into it. Now trying my plate another app which seems to be more straightforward.

I got fed up with the fast beach app at having to log in every time. Shame as it looked like a good app.

Hiya

First day started and finished.

Had my lovely roast lamb and Jersey totals Sundayevening, the wine was delicious. Hope to do it again in six weeks. Managed to keep to under 1600 calories too, though I think the third of a magnum for pud May have just edged me over.

Full fast from 8pm yesterday. not even bothering with teas or coffee, just plain tap water. Will probably finish around ten in the morning. And easier than I ever imagined.

Did twenty press ups. And walked three miles. Not a lot but many a mickle meks a muckle.

Went to bed last night feeling I could run a marathon, today though was quite tired until about 11, full of energy since.

Giving up the lattes and the vino for six weeks, and no sweet treats, so it’s good to be journeying with you Jaye. Keeping carbs in for a week or so, but might drop them for a week or two. Same with grapes and dried fruit.

A friend noticed I had lost weight, only 2 people have noticed so far. Strange.

Going shopping for gym gear Wednesday, wonder if they do sports bras in my size? Just jogging bottoms, my legs and lycra, definitely not a match made in heaven!!

How did week one go, Ali and Blackcat?

Well done Milena

I haven’t attempted a full fast. Tomorrow is an eat day and I’m already planning.

Hope son and OH weren’t there laughing at you doing your press ups. Quite a good walk as well. That would have done me in.

Ginette

Hi ladies!

Would you mind if I joined this challenge as well? I have been doing 5+2 diet for a while but I hit a plateau just before Christmas and my weight loss stopped. I was on and off on 5+2 since then and I just started a 6 week period of 4+3 to get things going again. I just started my 2nd week. First week I managed to loose 4 lbs, hopefully this week will be in similar readings since I would love to wear a bikini this summer as well! I’m currently 13 stone 1 lb (including the 4 lb lost from last week) and I’ve lost 1 and 1/2 stones all together but I want to reach my pre-pregnancy weight of 12 stone 5 lbs. Would love to loose more ideally but even managing that would be brilliant!

Hi CC

You are welcome the more the merrier. Milena, Jaye and I have only just started. We are all some way off of a bikini weight but are hoping for a bit of a result anyway.

Ginette

Well got to the end of my second day. 1005 calories. I didn’t even try and go so low, that was just a normal day with no treats Tomorrow is a fast day.

I knew I wasn’t eating anywhere near target.

Had a mad 5 minutes with the dog as I chased it to try and take a branch off of it. We had a lot of fun (this was in a garden). I turned this into HIIT exercise.

Jaye I see on another thread that you have been getting pain from this. It does stay somewhere that if you are new to this start at 10 seconds x 3 for three times a week. Are you doing more? I have started at this and will increase as I get comfortable with it. Looking after my knees. I also did my ordinary exercise today for 20 mins boxercise. It would have been 30 but I had to go out in a hurry.

So fast day as normal, but I will try to increase calories on Thursday.

I’ve got a headache tonight although I have had seven cups of tea and a pint of water so I am not dehydrated.

Off to see Heath trainer tomorrow. So last of our sessions, apart from 2 follow ups three months apart. I have been with him nearly a year.

After the follow ups you have to leave it for three months and then you can have a second referral.

Hope you are all losing.

……not a midget gem in sight either.

Ginette

Thank you Ginette!

And well done on your 1000 calories. We had Chinese duck and pancakes last night and only realized afterwards how much calories there is even in just pancake. So I probably are your 1000 calories on just one meal! More than enough reason to fast today, at least it gives me motivation!

Hi

well a good start, press ups done, walks done – exept today but its a lovely evening for one – also using dumbells – picked up he really heavy ones – and put them done straight away. Every journey with one step. Found the wee ones and have been doing arm exercises.

Only some of you will be inpressed by the above, but its a lot for me!

Full fast Monday, 850 cals yesterday – you can eat a mountain of veggies in a stir fry, and the meal out tonight cancelled, so expect to be well under 1000 cals today, not quite intended but hey ho!

Thinking of a full fast tomorrow, but I’ll see how it goes, never done two in a week, though applepie on another thread does, and manages very well.

Waiting to hear from Nessie, who is suspiciously quiet!!!

Not weighed yet, thought to leave it a few days – which is a first for me, I usually weight half a dozen times a day!

Hope y’all are doing well!

Well done milena! I can’t believe you girls manage to go so low on calories on your none diet days. I never even count mine but I’m sure I’m either over or very close around 2000 calories. Maybe it’s because I’ve been doing this for a while and it just feels that I can’t be doing the whole calorie counting day in day out and I really want my days of.

I’ve done a fast day today and it was super easy. On Monday I was ready to give up because I was finding it so hard. But today has been great! No excercise apart from running after a very energetic little toddler. Breakfast was coffee with almond milk, lunch a nutriblast with spinach, banana and almond milk and evening meal huevos rancheros with half a slice of whole meal toast. All together 498 calories which I’m happy about. I will enjoy normal eating tomorrow but avoid feasting 🙂

Hi all

Well saw my trainer today and he was pleased as I had lost 5lbs since my last visit which was 6 weeks ago. So not bad. Now I haven’t got to see him until 10 weeks time. I am really hoping to get into the next category down. That will be still obese but out of morbidly obese.

I have told him I WILL be in that category.

I went to morrisons to get the naked noodles today and the greeter offered me free tea and cake. It was really bad timing. Last week I would have had it I love everything free. This week I said no thank you. He was quite persistent, so I told him I would come back in 6 weeks. How good was I.

Up to 405 at the moment so room for a piece of fruit.

Fast days are easy, it’s the other days I have to think about. I just bought Hoisin and garlic sauce to go with my noodles. Anyone know what this tastes like. This is new to me. My freezer is crammed ful of vegetables from shopping today and I did 30 mins boxercise today. I am just recovering.

I shall probably save my stir fry until Friday.

CC so pleased that you found it easy. It does get easier. I found that after the first week. It now just falls into place. I am so pleased that you didn’t give up.

Ginette

Hi All

C-c, thank you. I dont really count calories anymore, except to tally at the end of the day. Hope that makes sense – I think I manage to stay low because I mainly eat just salad and stirfry, and Ive done so many I know the calories – and Im heavy handed with veggies. I do have muesli and weigh that and the milk, and I still weigh milk and sugar in tea, but I only have one or two cups now, splash of milk and down to a quarter teaspoon of sugar. Of course ditching lattes, wine, tatties, rice, pasta and all treats makes a difference, but no breakfast and a couple of hundred calories at lunchtime leaves a stack for the evening, and 500 cals of veggies is huge!

Doesn’t sound very inspiring, but because I’m not intentionally restrictive, it is quite easy. Weird, but if you said I could only eat 1000 cals a day, and there are loads of things I cant have, I wouldn’t last a week. But I can eat what I want, and how much I want for most of the time, I find Im simply not hungry.

I have Adli Fruit and Nut muesli at the moment. Whole hazelnuts, whole almonds, coconut and seeds. Lovely – certainly makes Alpen seem insipid.

I don’t eat breakfast either. I also love vegetables.

Before this week I didn’t count apart from fast days. No I am counting. I don’t have a lot of carbs excluding vegetables. I love the sound of that museli. I think I’d better call in to Aldi’s and get myself some.

I also wasn’t restricting myself it just happened. I need to try and up the calories so these sound just right.

Imagine trying to find something to increase calories!!

Ginette

The 30 gram portion just about covers the bottom of a bowl, so better to do 50 g on a NFD. Highish sugar, due go the fruit, but no added. But not too bad.

looked it up it says 390 calories for 100gms. Would that be a sensible size portion Milena?

Hi Ginette

I seriously think you couldnt eat that much. The 30g is the portion suggested on the packet, but its a bit stingy – due to the weight of the nuts, though probably fine once you get into the packet, Alpen is usually just grains halfway down, so I imagine the fruit and nut in this rises to the top also. OH adds porridge oats to his bowl. I have 50g if Im hungry, with a little milk, though for me its lunch. Or 40g when Im feeling virtuous.

Milena I am already virtuos doing FBD hahaha. So 50g it is then! I will let you know when I get it.

That will be less than I am having for lunch now in calories so I need to find something else healthy to add. I have started having 2/3 Brazil nuts a day as they are healthy and can improve selenium levels.

I am seeing my doctor at the end of the month and so I will ask for my bloods to be checked. At least I know where I am then. Would be nice to have the scientific side as well.

Ginette

These are recipes for 300cal 5:2 meals.

There are 50 of them so a good chance you can find something you like. Link below:

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/food/slimmer-dinners-meals-under-300-calories/

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply.