fast Beach Diet

This topic contains 166 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ginette K 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 167 total)

• I still haven’t managed to get past 1097 calories. I also had a double portion of yoghurt instead of a single one. That was too sweet. Date and prune. I didn’t think it would be so sweet. I even weighed the watercress I had in my sandwich! 4 calories.

If it simply a case of calories in v calories out I should have lost loads!!

We will see at the end of the week.

How is everybody else doing?

Ginette

I usually do my weigh-in on Monday mornings and it’s going to be interesting to see how much you guys have lost since we are doing the diet very differently :). I agree that if it’s simple case of calories in v calories out then you should have lost loads and I should have lost less so look forward to Monday 🙂 I did do a mid week weigh-in yesterday but I want to get through the weekend and then i’ll know for sure where I stand.

Last fast day of the week and I can’t wait for the weekend. I managed to do cardio at the gym yesterday for 30 min and then got called back to collect my son since he wasn’t happy at the creche. According to my polar tracking though that was 400 calories lost so pleased with that. That was my only proper exercise for the week since I’m just recovering from a calf injury. I managed to take my son out for a 1h walk today which felt good.

I’ll be working the whole weekend but will treat myself to a glass or two of wine and normal eating. I’ll do a progress update on Monday morning (hopefully a happy one!)

Fingers crossed c_c

Walking is exercise too though. You burn the same calories walking a mile as running on, wasn’t it Ian Botham who said that?

Hope so, it’s my main exercise, though must admit my handle should be couchpotato!

Hi Cc

Good luck for Monday. I really hope you get good results.

My weigh in tomorrow. Results will be posted good or not!!

Ginette

Hi All

Well I am so pleased to say that I can report a 3LB!!!!! Loss. How good is that. Now I shall have to increase that exercise to tone that skin.

I hope you all are really as pleased with your losses as I am this week.

Ginette

HI! I have been following this thread, and want to join, if I may. I just discovered 5:2 about 10 days ago, and started last weekend, with an amazing 3. 2 lb. loss after the first fast days! Now I found your Fast Beach Diet and want to accelerate.

I am in the U.S., am 53, and have lost/gained the same 20 lbs several times. I have had 2 major back surgeries and am still taking meds for chronic pain. But I work full time and do Zumba and step aerobics 3-4 times a week.
    I am fasting on weekends, as work days stuck at a computer are boring and easily lead to munching! Especially when everyone else is eating!
    Anyhow, I look forward to your posts, and especially enjoy learning about your different foods over there!

Well done Ginette! You must be so pleased! How much did you loose during your first week? Amazing results, well worth the effort 🙂

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!!

WELL DONE!!!!

Shouting it – cos it is worth shouting about – did you start Saturday or Monday?

Im tempted to check myself now, not dressed yet, but going for my walk later, think Ill go further tonight, I must try to kerp up with you. Was going to wait a week but will have a think.

No need to dress, working and watching telly, 39 steps with Robert Powell just finished.

Welcome fitnfast. There is a book but if you dont have it please ask!

Hi fitnfast

Nice to see you here. Yes the more the merrier. You really don’t need to accelerate as you had a nice loss. The weight took a bit of time to gain and likes to hold on for grim death before it goes. I think the FBD will be good for you, you will hopefully break that habit of munching. Carrots really wouldn’t to it for me as a snack. Take an apple in cut it up and seal in a Tupperware container or any other fruit. If you are working on a computer take a wet wipe with a few drops of water in a plastic bag. This will stop your fingers and keys getting sticky. You will soon find you eat less between meals.

Then maybe after a week you can see your way to doing one fast day in the week and maybe a Saturday. It will work out.

Use a calorie counter. My fitness Pal or My plate apps are good. I am trying both. My Fitness Pal reads barcodes best in England, I am not sure about the USA. Maybe My plate which works with livestrong will be better. I have always logged my weight on My fitness Pal, but never calorie counted with it before this week. Nice and easy and remembers food you have put in.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi CC and Milena

I really am thrilled.

In actual fact the only effort was trying to eat enough!! I thought It was going to be difficult to not have my treats but so far so good.

All I can say is that it does spur you on for the following week.

I started with you on Monday, so not even a complete week yet. Also on Sunday I had a few treats as I wouldn’t be able to have them for six weeks. Silly that I know. I swear I put on a pound or two if I am getting ready to go on a diet. This is one of the reasons I started 5:2 near the end of the week back in January to stop myself going mad at the weekend.

On the 5:2 My treats as I call them had definetly cut down and I was aware that I was having them. Easter week was nice and I ate more chocolate than usual due to the eggs. So I was ready to try this and I thought that you would like the company. I probably wouldn’t have decided this without you. So many thanks!!

How is your friend doing? Milena give me a ring if you like I shall be in all evening.

I hope you both have good results and are also really pleased with yourselves.

I am looking forward to seeing yours posted.

Ginette

And a big WOWZA from me too @ginette lol. That’s fantastic, a big well done to you! Ginette I know you love your treats and was worried about not having them. I’m so pleased you are coping so well without them, I knew you would. Next week it will be even easier. Brilliant, very well done and such a big loss for you. Lol @ your watercress. I did that with a baby shallot yesterday, 5 cals! Hey I put a nice fast (6min) dinner recipe on Facebook, have you seen it, and you Milena?

Well I have only lost 2lbs this week, generally I lose 3/4lbs but think it’s slowing up now I’ve dropped 32lbs. That said I am happy with that. I drank last Saturday, started the FBD Monday so Thursday’s weigh in will say how I do without alcohol this weekend. Kept to my FDS and well under on TDEE other days.

No exercise for me though I’m afraid. Got terrible problems with my knee after exercising Monday. I will stay in the thread and cheer for you all anyway lol.

Welcome fitnfast. Ugg at the thoughts of doing Zumba with a bad back, I too have had two back surgeries.

Milena hope you are doing well.

Jaye 🙂

Thanks Jaye

I still have an allowance of midget gems available if I want it only three mind, but so far so good.

You have had such brilliant losses. I have size 24 blouses that don’t quite fit. Too tight around the arms a a bit tight generally. I wear the open with another top underneath so it doesn’t matter if they don’t do up. I thought that my skirt had got looser…I thought it was my imagination….maybe not now.

Will wear a different one tomorrow to see how that is.

I’m so sorry you are in such pain with your knee. Makes life miserable.

Yes I’m not very hungry, it’s just the way it is. I have bought some Chinese chicken as a change to my hot and spicy as I do love that. I get in from Farm foods. Nice and filling as well.

Tonight it is mince and vegetables. Maybe fruit and yogurt to follow.

Yes my health trainer said I had lost 5lbs since last visit so was really pleased. I was a little disappointed as this was six weeks ago. Last time I hadn’t changed my waist measurements from the time before so I found that disappointing. However this time it was a 2cms difference which is about 3/4 of an inch. He said it was because I had started exercising.

So that was encouraging.

I was quite shocked by the low amount of calories I was eating. Of course cut out the treats and there is the answer. I didn’t even have treats on a daily basis……maybe three times a week.

It does spur me on for next week though.

Ginette

Welcome fitnfast! The more the merrier. There is plenty of information on IF on the internet and forum if you haven’t read any books. Although you might be able to accelerate things with FBD but remember that IF is generally quite a slow way to loose weight. An extremely effective and good method but compared to others, slower. I found IF last September and haven’t looked back. I’d like to loose weight fast but I’m always conscious about what I want to loose: fat not muscle. And IF is perfect for that.

So I lost 4 lb during my first week on FBD. Needless to say that second weeks result 1 lb seems quite upsetting. Apart from duck and pancakes on Tuesday, I’ve eaten smaller portions, excercised more, made healthier and better food choices and drank less alcohol. So why oh why?!!!

I’m trying to tell myself that it’s 1 lb to the right direction and that this is the way my body has always reacted to IF. On 5+2 I’ve never lost weight consecutive weeks. It’s always been 2 lbs one week, no weight loss the next an then 2 lbs the following week. I am hoping this is the case this time around as well because I don’t want to go through another week of 3 fast days and only loose a pound. Aargh!!!

How did you get on milena?

I only lost 2lbs this week and that was after cutting out my Saturday night bottle of Prosecco. I never have problems on FDS, I was well under on NFDs, made healthy food choices all week. I say ‘only’ because I have been losing 3/4lbs a week. I knew it would slow down eventually so I will just have to be grateful that I lost weight quickly for a while.

I haven’t introduced any exercise other than Monday. I should never have introduced exercise to be honest, I have an acute disc problem and arthritis in my hip and knee. All I have done is exacerbated things, set myself back with my mobility and increased the pain dramatically. No more exercise for me. Other than Alcohol once a week, I pretty much already follow the eating plan on FBD, it’s hard to expect much more from my body really. I’m thinking of adding Fridays as a 3rd FD for the next 5 weeks. I’m going on holiday June 11th, 10 days half board in a lovely hotel with fabulous food. The more I lose before that the better lol.

Fasting today, good luck all.

Jaye 🙂

Hi all

dont be disheartened c_c, ‘goods in transit’. Lost a kilo, which is fine, but weighed yesterday morning. If I weigh today, probably some back on as Sunday is my biggest eatng day, only 1500 cals, but huge amount compared to any other day. Managed a long walk on Saturday too.

I use kilos instead of pounds as I cant read pounds on my crappy scales, though just found out they are accurate. Used the BMI machine in Boots the Chemist. Though the neighbours must have thought me mad, stripping off in my little office, to weigh my clothes on the jewellery scales!

Fasting today, thinking of perhaps three this week.

Hi fitnfast, fbd should make an inroad into 20lbs, worth checking the maintenance forums to see how they keep it off. They will inspire you.

Travel hopefully

Thanks for the welcome!

At the end of my second official fast weekend, I am down another pound. I knew it would slow down but a loss is a loss ! And had 2 “problems” this week: the boss brought in baked goods to work Wednesday, and I had to try some, and the weather was dreadfel so couldn’t go for my evening runs. I did do a short but intense step workout Saturday night.

Back to the plan today, though, and am relieved!

Hi CC

Don’t be disappointed. The first week is often a great deal of water. Maybe the second balanced it out. Keep a tally of pounds lost, my fitness pal is good for that. Also measure yourself. Then look back and see what the average was.

Look at this thread I started. This shows my first 10 weeks, week by week.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/#post-88093

Hi Jaye

Well done as you say you have had such an tremendous loss in a short time, you are bound to get slower economic weeks. See what next week brings. June is still quite a good way off.

Hi Milena

1 kg is 2.2 lbs so a good loss. Weather has cooled here so maybe mine was a little water loss as well. I will see next week.

Hi fitnfast

We all get those days.hopefully you will have a better week next week.

I am going to my sons on Thursday as he cancelled two weeks ago. He is at least doing a hairy bikers diet recipe for me as part of the meal. Spanish chicken and chorizo bake. This comes out at 370 calories. He is not using the read papers as he doesn’t like them and he is not including potatoes as this dish suggests. What he is doing in making oven baked Parmesan chips with truffle oil. Sounds delicious. Also morrisons signature youghurt for dessert.

It sounds delicious

Have a good week all. Fast day for me today.

Ginette

Oh god Ginette I’m coming for dinner with you lol. I love chicken and chorizo and truffle oil…. Oh my, one of the best tates in the world lol. I first tasted it at Jamie Oliver’s a Restaurant visiting friends in Bristol, it was on the fries.

Lots of people experiencing ‘problem days’. Part of life isn’t it that every now and then a baked good will be thrown our way and we eat it lol. The point is…. EVERYONE is saying not only that they have put that day behind them and working at getting back on track but are looking forward too, and happy to be having a fast day or watching what they eat! How many people on weight watchers, slimming world etc just throw in the towel if they eat something naughty or have an off day, weekend, week etc. Most just give up. We all know better, life is life, it’s birthdays and celebrations and people bringing things into the office. We all have the tools to dodge them or cut back the next day etc. We can have those times and still move forward losing weight. So well done anyone who forged or over indulged but got up the next day and got right back into this WOL.

Putting smilies in your text is what makes posts go missing. Soon as you put one in, nothing appears after it!

I bought some stir fry sauces today on sale in Morrisons for £1 by Sharwoods. I got Sweet chilli and chow Mein. They have a sweet and sour but of course the cals were very high on that. Also got Ohh Bisto new Stock Melts also £1 a box, beef and chicken flavours. More info on Fast facebook page we made.

Jaye 🙂

Hi Jaye

Yes this was planned before FBD but he had to cancel. He loves food food and I told him he would need to chose me something that was good calorie wise. So this was his choice. I tend to have carbs with evening meal 2/3 days a week. Mostly 2. So this will be one of those days. I am really looking forward to it.

He cooks the chips in the oven as well although with truffle oil which I have never tasted.

I’ll let you know what I think of it. Yes quite low calories. It came out at 370 a portion with the potatoes in the recipe which he is excluding. I may try the recipe at home if I like it.

Recipe is here for anyone else interested.

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/535184/hairy-biker-s-spanish-style-chicken-bake

Ginette

How’s everybody doing. 2 fast days done and one semi-fast day to go tomorrow. I’m doing a night shift so I can’t do a proper fast but thought I’d fast during the day, have 300 cal evening meal before going to work and then pack 200 cal tin of soup and some vegetables and low fat hummus with me to work. That’s the best I can do when I need to be up all night.

I did a mid week weigh-in and it looks like at best I’ll be expecting to loose a maximum of 1 lbs again. First I was disheartened but then I realised that actually I’m already doing everything I can. I’m doing as much exercise as my recovering leg allows me to and eating below my TDEE on non fast days (can you believe it’s a whopping 2200 calories?!)

So onwards and upwards. I also checked that my current BMI is 26.6 so I guess the closer I get to normal weight, the harder it will be to loose weight. So close now though that I really want to get there!! But on a more positive note, I am feeling a lot healthier. I have managed to stop a vicious cycle of over eating treats, started to go to the gym twice a week and I’m generally eating healthy. I guess that’s all that matters but would still love to fit into my old clothes…

CC may I ask what you weigh and how tall you are? Your TDEE sounds very high. I am 5.4 and 230lbs and my TDEE is only 1950. At 30lbs heavier it was only 2050. Are you very tall, have quite a lot to loose or both? Just think you might want to check that out. BMI sounds very low for someone with your TDEE mine is 39. And you say you are close to your goal weight now so again that doesn’t tie in with such a high TDEE. Is it possible that you have the weight set to kilos but you out your weight in lbs? I did that with my sisters and she is my height and weight, it came out as 3100 siz i knew something was wrong.

Jaye.

I’m 5 foot 9 and a 1/2 inches. Weight is 13 stone. I haven’t trusted that TDEE and I’m eating less on non diet days. My BMR is 1600 calories but that is assuming I lie in bed all day which I don’t do. With all the basic excercise I do, I reckon it would be around 1900 calories. And with gym/walking around that 2200 mark but like I said I’m going below that anyway.

Hey CC, you are doing great, especially having to work nights and still doing a fast. Kudos to you!

I have a few suggestion of things you can do if you’re not happy with your weight loss, or to make it a bit faster. Not that you have to put them into practice, just tips.

Lots of us set our TDEE to what we would eat at goal. So my TDEE is 1950, I set ot to 1500 in My Fitness Pal where I keep track of my cals. I probably average about 1200 cals a day though, Ive been fasting just under 12 weeks and I’m pretty strict. That said I don’t work, but my sister does and we are on the same amount of cals, same height and weight. I keep as busy as possible, I’m not sitting around all day. I have a knee and back injury preventing me from doing exercise. Most people tend not to include the extra cals from exercising, favouring to use them towards further loss.

Is it the TDEE on here that has given you that amount? Did you set it at a high exercise amount?

I lose 3/4lbs a week on two fast days, although it’s slowing now I’ve lost quite a bit of weight.

Happy fasting.

Jaye 🙂

Hi Jaye!

I’ve been doing IF since last September and I’ve managed to loose 1 1/2 stones. I think it’s just that as I get closer to my normal BMI, slower the progress gets. Trust me, it wasn’t always this slow! 🙂

There seems to be a bit of a divide in users when it comes to IF. I personally don’t want to count calories on my non fast days and I believe that is the way the diet is designed. I do know that there are a lot of people who still prefer to count calories and do exactly what you’re doing but it just doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried calorie controlled diets before and they haven’t worked for me which is why I prefer IF and not counting apart from fast days. I get quite obsessive about my calories and once I start counting, I can’t stop. I’ll think about calories first thing when I wake up and just before I fall asleep. And all the times in between. Which is why I can’t be doing it anymore. I’ve had a bit of a look though on couple of days so I at least know where I stand approximately.

I used lightly active setting on counting my TDEE. And yes, it was this website. I don’t think your weight makes that much difference in TDEE. Just for fun, I checked what my TDEE would be if I weighed 20 stone and the result was only 600 calories higher compared to now. I think the difference is quite small considering that there is a 7 stone difference! I think age plays quite a big part and since I’m young (ish :)) it counts it higher.

CC

CC….Oh lord, another reason to start lying about my age lol. I accidentally put my sister weight in as kilos, gave her 3000+ lol. I read the bigger you are (more fat and tall) the more calories your body takes just to rest, therefore your TDEE is set higher. You have it figured out anyway and it’s what works for you.

You are doing a fantastic job well done. My back stopped hurting once I had lost 15lbs (well with my old scales it was 30lbs Grrr). The health benifits are great and you must feel fantastic. I’ve lost 23lbs in 11 weeks, have about 4/5 stone to go!! I’m dreading the slow down but no matter what I will stick to this for the rest of my life. It is so adaptable and once you get the hang of fasting itself you’re on a roll.

I have a friend who is on maintenance, he advised me to be careful about my TDEE and my sister who can’t stay under hers is struggling to keep the FDS weight off. So that’s why I keep track. When I go out for dinner (3 times a week) I generally have most of my calories available so within reason I eat what I fancy, excluding desserts. Because I don’t have anything like my old appitie I could eat without putting it into My fitness Pal but I like seeing how well I have done from just eating from hunger. I tend to always have lots of cals left and I’m not thinking of them all day, I eat what I fancy so long as it’s relatively healthy and low in carbs for the most part.

As you say it’s what works for you and no advice has to be acted on.

Keep up the great work.

Jaye 🙂

Hi c_c, must be a little frustrating having to work harder because you are so close, Im right behind you, isnt it nine pounds. Im so far away from my finish line that its not even on the horizon. But yours is, so cyber pushes from me.

When I started in January, I did a weekly calendar, tracking to the end, which was May 2016, Amount for tomorrow is 83kg, as I’ve now hit 78kg, redid it to finish at Christmas. So once you get there, hopefully by the end of FBD, stay with us, I may have bitten off more than I can chew, figuratively speaking.

Weird week so far, Monday’s full fast easiest yet, the big dinner on Tuesday ended up being around less than 1100 cals, once I worked it out on myfitnesspal, thought of fasting yesterday but didnt have the full stomach I had planned for, so faffed around, ate two bowls of muesli with jersey milk, wonderful, and a salmon and salad open sandwich. 900 cals, so neither nowt nor summit. So today a standard fast, 350 cals, with a few left for a cuppa later, we’ll see what tomorrow brings. Pots and pots of energy. Have done a fair bit of walking too, not improving much on the press ups. And not been dragged to the gym yet, though went go outlet for cheap sketcher trainers. Only thing cheap about them was the quality!

Second week more than half over!!! Around eight o’clock last night worked out it was a bit more than 56,000 minutes! And counting!

Hi CC

Yes like Milena my long term goal is far away in my case a few stones away.

I know what you mean by calorie counting. I prefer not to but since doing FBD I have. I haven’t been fixated but I enter what I have eaten and the forget it. My days come out about 1000 calories not by intention but it’s just the way it is with no treats.

I had a nice dinner tonight at my sons, a little different from what was planned but with a few ingredients missing. I have to have another dinner with him in about three weeks time. This time with the missing ingredients included.

What a price to pay!!!

He went to a lot of trouble and I did enjoy it.

Oh dear Milena conting the minutes!!

Did you up have something that worked out where you finish Milena?

Well I feel better now I have checked the forum and posted replies.

See you all tomorrow

Ginette

That’s me, Ginette, patience personified! Less than 45,000 minutes left. Already told my boys Im taking them to Pizza Express as soon as this is over.

Maybe not really the point of this endeavour, but it keeps me in line.

Whatever works for you Milena

If it helps you get there good. Next week I am out for a meal Thursday. I have a £30 voucher to use up.

I have just ordered a size 18 skirt, trying your trick. If it doesn’t fit me it soon will. It has an elasticated waist so I am playing safe.

I can’t wait until Saturday to see what weight loss is. I am really curious this week as I had to weigh in the doctors and that seemed less than I was expecting especially as I had clothes and shoes on. I am getting my bloods done next week. I have had sugar done at a friends today. It came out at 5 which I am told is in normal range. So I won’t be worried about that.

I have just posted some links about rapeseed oil on fat bustin Brits. It is really interesting. Better than olive oil. Have a read.

Ginette

Weigh day tomorrow.

Anyone else weighing?

Ginette

Me!!! I will see you there lol 🙂

These must have been our two shortest posts EVER!!

I can’t find the Facebook link on exercises.

Thanks for the support everyone. The closer I get to my goal, the harder it definetly is. Patience has never been my virtue 🙂 if I can reach 12 stone 5, I’ll be at my pre pregnancy weight but I got pregnant in the middle of a diet so would like to loose more but even 12 stone 5 will make me happy.

I was so hungry this morning but thanks I my son, I managed to keep myself busy all day long and didn’t eat until 6. I had 450 calorie evening meal and just eating 240 calorie soup. I’ve got emergency low fat hummus and celery, carrot and cucumber sticks. As long as I can manage until the morning I can have a nice breakfast. Mmm. I’ll weigh in on Monday since I always get quite bloated on nights. Have a nice weekend!

Oh dear Cc

I would have to lose another 2 stone on top of what is an already big amount to get to pre pregnancy weight.

Well done to your son for keeping you busy.

Ginette

Lol Ginette, do we gets stars!

Keep up the fab work Cc, wish you luck through the night!

I think all this cous cous is making me bloated lol. Need to cut back on it. It’s just a small amount is very filling, tasty and quick.

Jaye 🙂

Since coming onto the FBD, adding more fish oil, started running again and making it hiit), dropped all but a little fruit, dropped most bread and crackers, added more veggies…..I am down another 3 lbs! So glad I found this group, and this way of life!

Well done fit, so pleased for you.

I’ve been going easy on the bread this week, we buy Sainsburys seeded, very tasty, not had pasta for months, first rice for a few weeks on Tuesday. Just a spoonful. I’ve been eating a lot of muesli, though just the two bowls with Jersey milk.

Definitely Jersey Royals tomorrow, such a short season, and roast lamb.

But then ditching bread completely for two weeks, also my muesli, be interesting to see how it compares to the past fortnight.

Enjoy the weekend

Hi All

Sorry to shock you but I have lost 5lb. I almost feel embarrassed to say it. I really wasn’t hungry last week. I shall certainly force myself to eat more this week apart from my fast days.

Hi Milena

I really hope you enjoy the Jerseys.

Hi fitnfast

Well done. I lost 3lb last week and it felt great.

Ginette

Well done everyone.

Ive lost 4lbs, I’m very pleased with that. No alcohol, no sweet things, no pasta, no potatos, no cereals etc.

Have any of you tried the Waterfields low GI bread. I use it though I only have a few slices a week. It’s only 114 cals for two slices (50g). NO SUGAR! Tastes great.

Jaye 🙂

Well done Jaye

Great result for you this week.

I am pleased to say I have achieved my target today by going food mad. Egg and beans on toast lunch time and lasagne and vegetables tonight with melon for afters.

I got to 1130. I know someone said that your metabolism doesn’t slow down if you don’t eat but I am hedging my bets. All healthy food and 200gms of melon for dessert. I am really full. I couldn’t even fit is youghurt.

I also did 25 mins exercise. Some of them were arm strengthening and I found them difficult so I only des 4 mins instead of 8. I will see if I can find a shorter one of these.

Now sitting having a nice cup of tea. I had a nice day, I watched the royal baby come out of the maternity hospital. I know this isn’t for everybody but I enjoyed it.

Now catching up on forum.

Enjoy dinner tomorrow Milena.

Ginette

Great results everyone!!!!!!! Wow!!

I totally believe that Ginette! I think your body gets used to everything you do, whether it is low carbs or low calories and I think “shocking” your body now and again will only improve things. Jodie marsh did a documentary about her body building and her eating regime was quite interesting. She would eat low carb and obviously very healthy for 6 days a week and have a massive carb feast on the 7th day to boost her metabolism. Not necessarily the most trust worthy source but definetly some interesting points there. I think that’s why quite often even on this forum, people advice to eat normally for a week when you hit a plateau and stop loosing weight.

I had the worst ever fast while on a night shift. Basically night duty and a fast don’t go together at least for me. I almost fainted in the morning and my heart was pounding. Now going to enjoy the weekend and try and not to worry about Monday.

Enjoy the bank holiday weekend!

Cc

Ginette, well done on reaching another target, read it on one of the threads. Keep reading in my emsils so lose track of what’s wrote where lol. Brilliant job!! I have not been setting targets!? Got so wrapped up in ‘scales-gate’ lol. 3 stone will be the next one. I’m 230 now, that’s – 38 so another 6lbs to go.

How about trying those arms exercises on youtube that I did? Can’t wait for that tension set to arrive to use instead of tins of tomatoes lol.

I missed the baby but want to catch it! Obviously wondeing what she would wear lol. She always looks beautiful.

Jaye 🙂

Hi Cc

Yes I do too. I try and change foods as well. Sometimes more protein others more fibre although I eat loads of vegetables so fibre isn’t a problem. I like my body not to know what the week will bring and deal with it. My diet is really healthy now. I even have a couple of Brazil nuts most days for selenium.

Last week I had a carb day one day.

You sound as if you had a rough time. I used to do the occasional night as a carer. Not too many as I had a day job but this was during college holidays.

Yes. Jaye and I had great results I am hoping that Milena will too. I think she is weighing tomorrow. Fitnfast did well with a 3lb loss. How are you doing weight wise, when is your weigh day? I know you haven’t got as much to lose but here’s hoping for a loss for you.

Ginette

I have another 4 to go to three stone but I started cutting back last May. So that was before 5:2. So that means I have 4lbs to go on 5:2 to get to a 2 stone loss. In more time than you.

Still it’s not a competition and I’m pleased with what I have lost. I wouldn’t have thought that getting down so quickly was possible. I have really struggled to lose in the past. This is easy.

Shows how wrong I was.

Night all.

Ginette

Hi all

a little over a kilo lost this week. Got to a few targets too – easier to read kilos on my scales but easier to figure my size in pounds or stones.

So, 2 stone loss reached, now 171 from 201, a nice round 30lbs, bmi 30.3, so I certainly have an incentive for my 48 hr fast on Monday/Tuesday, hoping to be overweight at the end of that, rather than obese.

Just listed dinner into myfitnesspal, 6 ozs beef, 2 Yorkshires, potatoes, veg and gravy, plus muesli ive just had, less than 1000 calories at the moment, so hopefully full without going near TDEE, who’d have thought?

Just another 41,000 minites to go – midnight snacks and fizz for me!!

Not that Im counting of course!!!

I read about something called a “‘re-feed” day. After fasting, when your body is decreasing leptin (the hormone that tells your brain that you are full), you eat normally and add 50% more so that you don’t go into starvation mode. I tried yesterday but really didn’t eat that much! I couldn’t do it! Today I really WANTED to go back to a fast day! Go figure!

Way to go on all the losses! We are all beach body bound!

Interesting!

The only time I ate and drank ‘normaly’ this year was for five days in March. I gained 2.5 kilos. Other than that I dont think I have had more than maybe one or two days over my target TDEE – if even that. All drinks, treats and food have been eaten mindfully within that target. I never eat more than 7000 calories a week, and Im rarely hungry, and I dont think I have had even one incidence – other than my trip away – of overeating, binging or going off the wagon.

I was – and still am – obese. Through over eating. Simply overeating. I think though Im not an emotional eater, and I dont think Im a sugar addict. I dont have an alcohol addiction.

I simply like the taste of food – and wine. And Im greedy. Ive always been able to plan dinner when eating lunch. Took me a while to work out all I had to do was change my ‘normal’. So now, instead of planning dinner while eating lunch, I plan how to change my normal – just for the next week or couple of weeks.

I think, therefore, a re-feed would, for me, be wrong. I think, equally, my strategies wouldn’t work for other ‘types’.

But the simple action of removing food helps us all to find out we we are fat. I have a book called ‘Why am I overweight when all I want is to be thin?’

That book doesnt answer the question, unfortunately. I think because it simply restricts certain foods – lots of foods. Doesnt work.

5:2 makes us look at ourselves. Big difference between ME choosing to reduce sugar, wine, bread, whatever is because it is ME hindering MY weightloss, than if someone else, or some book puts it on a forbidden list. 5:2 also brings the realisation is that there is no end, what we are doing now to make us thin, we can do with ease to keep us there.

Travel hopefully. – especially if your road is long.

Fabulously put Milena!!!

I completely agree with everything there. I absolutely was addicted to carbs though. I found it virtually impossible to control the cravings for them before 5:2 and therefore couldn’t control my appetite for high sugar/calorie foods. There are many studies that prove sugar is every bit as addictive as cocaine! The more bad eating habits you have above and beyound simple over eating certsinly makes you fatter. I’m not sure it makes it more difficult to fast though. I know it sounds like bragging but I haven’t found any of this difficult at all. I guess I started at the right time, when I was truely ready to change. I was strict from day one, I’ve never craved one food since that first week.

I am the same, never gone over my TDEE. I’ve gone right up to it a few times on evenings out and while away on weekends. It is all about finding the way to curb your eating and eat only when you are hungry and stop eating when you are satiated but not full up. Fasting helps this process to become natural. It completely curbs appitie and your body asks for healthy food so it’s easier to make those healthy choices day to day.

I have just made one of my usual lunches for myself at home. Two slices (50g) Low GI bread, no sugar in it. 2 tsps butter, measured (because I want good fats in my diet and it makes it tasty) 2 medium eggs (fresh from my friends hens-yum) scrambled with a tablespoon of grated cheese. I add the cheese more to make sure I have a higher ratio of protien to carbs. I got 3/4 through it and realised I was full! Yesterday I had the same lunch as Thursday and it was the same. I think my stomach has reduced in size again in the last week or so that it doesn’t require as much food. That my body is happy with less calories per meal.

Tonight I’m going for dinner, having a fillet steak with skinny chips (naughty but only 250 cals so doable). I wonder if I eat the steak and veg first will I have room for many of the fries. I shall eat mindfully and see what’s happens.

I’m waiting for someone to pop in and make a comment re ‘starvation mode’ lol. There are different opinions on this. Some believe there is no such thing, others believe there is, you can read things on the net supporting both theories. Others still believe that if you eat too little you will get muscle waste instead of fat burning. I’m in the latter camp. Michael advocates there is no such thing as starvation mode. But you certainly can burn muscle instead of fat in the right (or wrong) circumstances.

Milena are you forgoing the roast potatos? They are 130 cals each!!! On My fitness pal.

Yes, not doing roasts, too tempting. son loves them, doesn’t eat boiled, so either a few oven chips for him, or more likely add peppers and do him wraps.

If yorkshire puds were homemade, we would have them the Yorkshire way, as a starter, and leftovers eith jam or lemon curd!!!Today is not that day!!!!

Hi Milena

I love your counting. Do you really miss it so much? I don’t although it will be nice to have the choice. I am so pleased you are reaching your targets. So you must have lost over 2.2 lbs. maybe at the end of the fast beach you can treat yourself to a scale that you can read more easily.

30lbs is good when did you start? How wonderful it will be to be just overweight. I am heading down from the morbidly obese category and nearly at the severely obese one. Even this sounds good to me. I know that this might not sound much to other people but when you have been morbidly obese for years it is an achievement.

One day I hope that we are all on 6:1 and maybe 5:2 after holidays. Such a long way away for me.

I consider a refeed as something within my TDEE, but much higher than normal. My normal now is struggling to keep over 1000. I would like it to be about 1200/1400. But this just happens naturally without treats.

I really would rather lose a little more slowly. As you say only 4 weeks to go after tomorrow. I love the taste of food. I still enjoy it now though. Maybe you and I will both reach out BMI goals next week. I am 40.1 so not far to go.

I have an app that tells me. It is called weight diary. I input my weight into my fitness pal and this every week. I can also set goals in there. My goal is always to the next half stone. I can’t believe that this won’t slow down a lot next week. I only weigh myself once a week since being on this whereas on 5:2 it was almost daily. I have decided I like the surprise.

Fitnfast

Maybe that is why I haven’t been feeling hungry then. But if you increase calories it is only to 750 which is 50% more than fast days. I try to get to about 1000. I was really not at all hungry last week. Didn’t even want to eat after fast days. I could have easily gone lower than 500 but forced myself to eat this.

It was so peculiar. I have heard it said many times here that your body will not go into starvation mode until you have lost all of your fat, such a long time away for me. However I like to hedge my bets and so try and eat above my (now) normal calories which are about 1000. I did that yesterday. Not by a grand total though. 1130. I felt really full though.

About 1000 is my beach body normal and when I finish this I hope to be somewhere between this and my old 5:2 normal. This will keep me happy.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply.