Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,947 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 hours, 45 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,701 through 3,750 (of 35,434 total)

• Hi Audrey

Well done on your lb, you are certainly doing better than me. Yes fast day for me as well. Just had a small dish of stawberries with 1/2 a yoghurt.

Storm Katie definetly made itself noticed. A car alarm went off in the middle of the night and went on for more than an hour. The wind blew my bedroom window open, no mean feat as it it under a balcony, I probably hadn’t closed it properly. Trees uprooted I hear as well. I haven’t looked at the local news though.

Hi KT

What brilliant news! Well done. That must feel good and as if the effort you have out in was worthwhile. Keep it up you are stronger than you think. I have a funeral on Friday so I think I shall be also fasting either Wednesday and Thursday or Saturday. I shall have to see. It isn’t any good fasting at a wake.

Hi Jean

I hope your daughter gets some positive help from her GP. Must be very tiring to have ongoing pain as well and I’m sure she feels really miserable.

Hi Lynda

You have done brilliantly since January, the most dedicated of all of us here, not that we haven’t had out turn. A great example of what can be done.

Enjoy the last day of the Easter break. We have had some sunshine here in the south. When I came home last night the wind was awful.

Ginette

Hi All,

Home now and unpacked…lots of trees over on our way back…wind and traffic not too bad.

Glad you are with us and Audrey on your fasting day Ginette ..going well for us so far.

Feel positive we will get there….

X

Morning all,

I have been on scales and. …..big drum roll please …..Lost 2.2 lbs…..that’s 10 lb since I re started on Jan 12th…..

I am a very happy Audrey. ….

I have still another 20 lbs to go to get to the top of healthy bmi but with your support I can do this, I am a third of the way to this year’s target now of 30 lbs……

Together we are definitely stronger.

Audrey

To a very Happy Audrey,

Really well done on your 2 lbs off…..you are very consistent …10 lb good result…

Jean x

It’s really better than it looks jean, because whilst the back was bad and ian was in charge of my food I put 4lb back on….

Long may it continue I am really glad I didn’t give up after Xmas I came really close…..

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

A lovely Easter break not too good weather wise. Still sun shining this morning.

Aud so very well done… that’s a brilliant amount to lose this week plus overall. So thrilled for you… Keeping everyone on track with that news. Xx

Sym hope there is better news for you dear daughter… hope she is not still in pain. Hope you enjoyed your week-end apart from the weather. Xx

Well… I have to report a gain of 1 lb. Lol still chasing that lb this week.

Still had a sort of naughty week-end so whats to be expected. Onwards and Downwards.

Catch up with the posts later.. still have Mum today hoping to finish my manure spreading. Lol

All our little corner of Brit lovelies… Don’t forget Yesterday we said Tomorrow … Its Arrived. Xx

Good Morning All,

A bright cheery morning here, rain on and off but with blue skies.

We had a good weekend away but I wasn’t cooking so food was eaten out, people’s houses and pub lunch…buffet at the wedding do….not very good at all when not in charge.

What’s your thoughts… of a bride married at registrars office…afternoon do with family…then a do for 80 in the evening…..not wearing a wedding ring…….on your wedding day…I find it so strange!

Out early to pick up some new glasses a replacement of some bought in September which were very uncomfortable. Although it was 7 months they kindly replaced them.

Now then Audrey let’s have a run down on how you are moving these pounds…me and Hemmy are having a pound which is moving up and then down and up and down…HELP US..

Food and what if any excerise for the week. ish….lets have a run down please…

Homemade veg soup for us for lunch, chicken chasseur and rice for dinner.

All have a good day

Jean x

Jean I am sticking to my kcal allowance on all my days. .. on my fast days I try to burn off with exercise any calories I consume. ..

I haven’t had a drink since January, and I didn’t have any easter eggs….

Just logging everything onto my fitness pal….pretty boring but it’s working….

Audrey

Audrey…

It all sounds so easy…We was going swimming this morning but hubbys back is iffy and his chest is not so good…he is OK but taking it steady.

Yes we had Easter eggs and a merlot or two. All gone now. Then of course the wedding do…just a very iffy weekend….Nothing planned for a few weeks so we need to pull our socks up.

We are really taking stock on what we are doing as we lost nearly every week last time but we were swimming before I think that is the answer for us…we are not good on walking!

You have done really well

Xx

You can do it Jean

All I have done is go back to day 1…..again…. hehe

Together we are stronger I couldn’t have done this without any of you to support me….

Audrey

things I seem to be discovering

– having NOT eaten chocolate since Christmas – I had some last night, and realise that I still don’t really have a chocolate ‘breaking system’

– however, stopping was a lot easier than in the past

– Jaffa cakes seem appealing but now fail to deliver

– clementines are nicer

– my waist increases by about 3 inches when I eat too much wheat

– I still ‘need’ to eat sweet foods in secret – but they don’t satisfy

– I generally eat smaller meals

– Eating desserts with a teaspoon makes them last longer and feel more
    filling

today should have been a fd, but being with family, it is not possible
    – tomorrow is dad’s funeral so not a time to worry about anything else

well done to all of you that are doing so well

Morning All,

All very bright and sunny here….not so much inside!

Hubby, bad chest, can’t breathe, can’t sleep up all night….not had anything! Nearly calling the undertaker! Needs cough mixture buying…..only 4 full bottles in the cupboard and Vick!

Going to be a long long few days for me…he never is a good patient at all!

Still it might be a easy food day…lol

Have a good day everybody

Xx

Sym

I know this sounds silly but pineapple is very good for coughs… honestly either fresh or juice….

Hope he is better soon

A sunny start here so far. Hopefully get some more outside work done today.

Pleased with myself yesterday managed to reconnect a pipe into a water butt that had come down in the storms. Yay women power. Lol

KT you are in my thoughts today. Hoping the day goes how you have all planned it. Take care of you and your Mum. Xx

Sym .. Oh my goodness .. men are such babies when ill, I don’t envy you. At least just light meals to get. Every cloud has a silver lining.

No fast for me as yet … don’t feel I can be bothered… although not eating that much and stable weight. May do one on Fri but Kristy is back again.. as having her wing mirror replaced by the village mechanic on Sat morning. Only just taking Mum back today. I find it impossible with people here to Fast. Have a good day Nurse. Lol Xx

Hope everyone else is doing well and choc eggs in the past. xx

Brit lovelies .. The greatest achievements are made .. out of our comfort zone. Xx

Hi Jean

Yes bad weather is forecast on and off all week. I think it is moving to the north now. I know that Friday will be one of those days for me as like KT I have a funeral this week. I am fasting today and will have to fast Saturday to get three in this week.

For your hubby as strange as this sounds put Vick on the soles of his feet. I tried this last year and it really helped. I hope he feels better soon.

Hi Audrey

Yes I know that monitoring food on a NFD is the answer. Not quite ready to go back to that though. I am sure I will in time. You are far more sensible. Fast day today so it is another tidying and sorting out day. Seems to work well like this. Well done on the big loss. A great achievement. πŸ™‚ It should really spur me on. It was 10lbs I should have lost and that wound only have taken me back to my pre Christmas weight. Sadly not the case….. I have applied to see my health trainer again though so hopefully that will help get me motivated.

I love pineapple. So that will be no hardship for me.

Hi Hemmy

Yes I am up and down like that. I don’t seem to be able to put my mind to it. Prepare for the competition when it does!!

Hi KT

It is the sweet things that get me although I have started snacking at all strange times now, I must get out of those bad habits again.

Thinking about you tomorrow.

Ginette

Hi All,

Out food shopping on my own…very unusual… then I washed the car between showers.

Drink and eat Pineapple and Vick on the feet…strange …we will give Vick a go tonight…he can’t have pineapple because he’s on statins, I will remember that for me in the future.

Fitbit battery gave up while away so new one fitted…I missed it ….although I don’t get to 10,000 steps..I like to see 5000 or 6000 steps a day at least. My feet are too bad if I walk out to get to 10,000, I get close just moving, shopping and general about walking.

Daughter is on antibiotics she sounds more herself today, not so much pain, kidney infection or IBS the doctor thought. So that’s good.

I think I must get back to MFP and log again…smaller portions spring to mind…my downfall. We are going small today he’s not bothered about a dinner.

Ginette and KT……funerals are not good…thinking about you both.. hope the weather keeps dry nothing worse than rain.

Fast day for us tomorrow…again after the weekend not expecting much weight wise…just ate a load of rubbish and drink!

Where are our boys…Alex and Plainy??

Take care all

Jean X

Hi Gine Aud Sym and KT. Xx

Well at the moment there is no hope for me. Today had breakfast of Weetabix and a banana … then as Mum and I were finishing in the garden at lunchtime.. got some bacon pastries from the shop for lunch…

I had packed her 2 custard tarts .. and she had left me one I have just found.. then eaten half a tub of pringles left from the week-end. I know I should just bin them but cant stand waste.

I need to call it a day now maybe just some soup tonight. Oh dear…

Wish I could get back into the swing. Seems so stupid to get this far in the winter months then risk putting back on now the sun is shining.

Sym glad your daughter is feeling better what a relief. Xx

Gine lol … yes I need completion… inspire me please. Could we do that Fast beach diet to get us motivated again. Lol Probably not. Xx

Aud …Bet you are running around … with your lovely slim body. Xx

KT Hope you are having this lovely weather today. It makes a sad day more bearable. Thinking of you. Xx

Hi Jean

I use smaller plates most days. Not on Sunday and not if I have salad as it takes a lot or room.

Good news for your daughter I hope the antibiotics work. I should really give my car a good wash. Not the weather for it yet though. I need it ti be warmer. Good exercise though.

I had such things planned but after a night full of vivid dreams I fell asleep in the chair this afternoon. Ah well tomorrow is another day…..

Ginette

Hi all successful fast day today for me. ….

Ginette I think you are right it is the non fast days that hold the key to weight loss….I do hope you soon get back into the swing of things you were so successful last year. …

Hemmy I think you have got to the same place ginnette myself and I think milena got to last year. The only advice I can give is sit down and decide what it is you want to do, give in….maintain or lose weight….I think it will be the latter 😊. … if you have decided to carry on go back to day 1 it has worked for me….Count everything and get strict with yourself again, YOU CAN DO THIS BECAUSE YOU HAVE DONE IT BEFORE……

Hope that’s not to hard on you, you know I only say this because I care and I can see you are struggling, I wish someone had said it to me 4 months ago, I would be almost at target weight by now…

Together we can do this because together we are stronger….

Your fast friend

Audrey

Hemmy…

If you are at the place Audrey says you maybe are..think what you have lost…to loose loads it’s so easy to put back on…

We lost 30 lbs…to have hubby have new knees we stopped…and put it all back on….we are now as you know struggling to get ahead again…I wish someone had pushed and helped us on.

I am only trying to put over what happened to us…

I know you are strong

Xxxxxxx

Hi Aud and Sym.. Bless you both. I reckon I am in that place where Aud was last year.

Funny as I lost my Xmas weight very quickly. I know if you take your finger of the button it can easily all go back on again.

I do find it easier when alone to do FDs. Tomorrow is shopping day and means a snack lunch with Mum… I will try to do a 800 day … then a FD Fri even with Kristy coming.

Thank you for the support my dear friends … Together we are stronger… Well done today Aud…. and good luck to us 3 tomorrow Sym. Xx

Just read this interesting. Xx

Drink two glasses of water and eat an ounce of nuts (6 walnuts, 12 almonds or 20 peanuts). Within 20 minutes, this can extinguish your craving and dampen your appetite by changing your body chemistry, says Michael F. Roizen, MD.

Morning all,

I had a very good fast day yesterday, the scales are showing a good loss now I just have to keep it off by my 2 non fast days…

It’s a beautiful day here today, we are planning a trip to the local garden centre, to get mum some plants…

I am back at mums a week on Saturday and she already has a list of jobs for me to do, for someone who didn’t like asking anybody to do anything she certainly has changed LOL ☺

Keep in touch if you need help shout! We can do this together, because together we are stronger. …
    Audrey

Looks like another wonderful day… hopefully. Lol

Well done Aud you are such an inspiration. Really got your mojo going again.Xx

Sym good luck both with todays Fast … we can do this. Xx

Well a new day and I have decided to mess around a bit with the diet. Try to get fired up again. Shake it up a bit.
    Today no breakfast will have a small lunch time snack with Mum then try to just drink water with lemon.. till tomorrow lunch time. Clean the body and give it a rest. Hopefully shift a few lbs too. That’s the plan anyway. Lol

Hope everyone else is doing ok… still very quiet here. Xx

Brit lovelies… One for the girls….Girls can do anything boys can do and in high heels. Lol love it. Xx

Morning All,

What a lovely bright day took the bin out and it’s not cold at all..

Interesting Hemmy about the nuts, I have been having a hand full of almonds daily as they seem good for you, although high in calories, I watch the the portion size…must try and add the water. Lol

Audrey…Garden centre always calls when the weather improves…we need a bit of turf…our 21 year old cat Is digging around the edges so we will have to replace a bit.

Ginette..It’s hard finding the plate size these days…I need the size between tea plate and dinner size…we did have some but now broken…I know you might find them in the expensive sets but want them cheap lol

Hubby still not very good a real tight chest when he’s coughing holding his ribs…a bottle of cough syrup a day! Banging headache. I am bearing up!

I am fasting today…..he will see how he goes …..the syrup will take him way over, I said he can have it off if he wants to….

Back to MFP !!

Good luck to the fasters keep on track….have a good day to all…FD and NFD….get all the outside jobs done..

Jean xx

Hi Audrey

Yes I know you are right. I shall start to lose again and hopefully get the same initial results as when I started last time. I was only wanting to lose about a stone and a half this year…..just as well πŸ™‚ it is definetly the NFDs that hold the key. As someone who regularly does three fast days a week I am sure of that.

A nice sunny day here. I have just been watching the best of Wogan. I must get the catchups. A young Julie Walters was interesting.

Hi Jean

What a shame putting all of that weight back on. This is why I think I shall be doing this forever maybe cutting down to two days though, maybe even one, time will tell.

Hi Hemmy

Yes I have heard that before, if I have nuts in the house I tent to eat more that that though.

Thinking of you today KT

Ginette

Hi Jean

I don’t know whether you have an ikea near you. The third one in (if I remember right Is 25cm I think standard size is about 28.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/eating/18861/

Ginette

Ginette ,

Thanks for that..we do go in IKEA sometimes a bit away from us but I will have a look…25cm…and further down there was 22cm I must get the tape out and have to check what I have to those sizes.

I can’t believe I let us put all that weight back on…hubby had two new knees together so we stopped the swimming and the bit of walking we do…that was for about 6 months…then visitors brought bits and pieces for him …I started baking because people were coming around…the rest is history …holidays …then visit to Dubai as daughter was upset at having to move….you just loose the plot then you have to start again!

Good fast day so far….been upstairs doing a bit of glossing..thought it would be a couple of hours but turned into 4 !

Hubby seems a bit better rubbed his feet with Vick not coughing as bad but his chest is sore when he does.

Check my plate size after my cuppa …having 5 mins πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Xx

Ginette,

My plates are 27cm so the 25cm would be better, the 22 is more like a tea plate…the thing is in ikea they all look the same I must measure them.

Thanks for that
    Xx

Hi Jean

Your welcome. I got mine in France. I have something called arcopal which is a white Pyrex type plate. They last for years and never chip.

I have been busy on my tidying again. I changes rooms though and I am sorting out things in one of the bedrooms. One I use and two I use for storage. I am sorting out all my old clothes, there are many ranging from size 10 to 24. I have thrown away the tatty ones, prepared the others for the charity shop or clothing bank. Anything with a label still in (so never worn) I am passing on.

I have such a lot and can’t part with all of my mothers clothes either. I am whittling them sown though. What a hoarder….well at least I am sorting it now.

It is so easy to let weight creep on. I am getting some of my size 24 blouses taken in. So no going back to them!!

I am glad the Vick worked. I thought it was strange but tried it and I’m sure it helped me when I had one. I put it on Pam under sufferance as she thinks I am mad but gives in to it.

How is your daughter?

Ginette

Had a good day yesterday .. a small lunch time snack and couldn’t make the day on just water .. so had some soup and fruit. It defiantly makes a difference on the scales though.

Fast today so will keep busy although I do feel quite tired and Kristy is coming this evening . Long day shopping after 1 1/2 hours dog walking… then at 4pm mowed 2 lawns.
    With all the exercise I do should be size 8. Lol

I have been reading up on no cal water day fasts. They supposed to be very beneficial to the body. Giving it a good rest… besides weight loss. Not sure if I could do it though.

Gine you are very motivated .. paper work sort out now clothes. It does make you feel better once started. Hope all goes well today … hopefully decent weather for a sad day. Xx

Aud hope all is going well for you .. Xx

Sym hope your daughter is continuing to feel better and hubby also. Spoke to a friend last night and she was coughing dreadfully. Told her about the vick so hope she tries it. Have a good week-end both and hope the scales are kind today. Xx

KT how are things with you. Xx

Take care all in our little corner.

Brit lovelies… Its not about being Perfect…Its about Effort … that’s what brings about Change. Xx

Morning all,

It’s been crazy busy round here the past few days, we don’t seem to be getting any jobs finished but never seem to stop….

Ian back at work tonight, so fast day for me tomorrow and Monday. … I am sort of doing 5 3 at the minute 1 fast day with Ian then another 2 when he is at work. ….

Will be in touch later, off to sort a scruffy dog out now, then going tesco to do shop. …

Audrey

Morning All,

Dull cloudy day outside and a very bright cheery inside πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

2 lbs off each, we are so pleased has the plateau started to move…..after the heavy weekend, hubby did the fast day but had an extra, a half pint milk, pint beer and a bottle of cough syrup!!

You know what you are doing on the 5.2 but I still can’t understand the weigh loss..

Hubbys dry cough has now broken into a chesty cough, now has a sore throat ( no talking) but does seem a bit brighter…thank goodness.. Continuing with Vick! and ‘bottles’ of cough syrup!

Daughters antibiotics are now working and is a lot better and talking of returning to work, I think another week as she feels weak and has to get the OK from doctor to drive again.

Ginette…you are so busy and up in the night..I always think it’s good to have a good sort out.. I am feeling that way myself….Spring is in the air…

Thinking of you today..never good..xx

Hemmy…another one always busy, with Mr Pips and all that walking and shopping with Mum. Hoping to join you on a size 8..lol ….size 12 would be good. Have a good FD till Kirsy joins you, have a good weekend with her.

Audrey…..and another one chasing her tail trying to get all the jobs done…lol…as Hemmy says we all should be very slim…have a good walk out with the mutt…

Haven’t decided what we are doing today, we will see how ill we are before deciding!

Good FD everybody who is doing one and a glass of Merlot for me tonight 🍷

Jean X

Wow Sym all going well for you today. Xx

So very thrilled for you both to have that 2lbs loss. Yippee on the move again.

Pleased your daughter is feeling better … and hubby is getting back slowly to norm.

Did my walk … made a big pot of soup… loads of veg and some bacon to flavour. That’s all I am going to have today..

Hopefully Kristy will be latish… I told her no wine for me at all this week-end.

Yay … come on Gine … Aud … Sym .. KT. and all. We can defiantly do this Xx .

Hi Audrey

Are you still using the Wii or just the treadmill? I am glad that you are using a fasting pattern that fits in with you both. As you know we all tailor it to our needs.

Hi Hemmy

I am up late, yesterday after my friend went about 12pm I decided to sort out a chest of drawers to free space. I just got the urge! I knew today is a day when I wouldn’t get anything done so made the most of that urge….

Yes as you say that exercise shoul help. I hope it does. Enjoy your weekend with Kirsty it looks like being a hot one, hotter than Ibiza they say. Sunday is fir cast for 18 degrees, a day to relax and enjoy, get all the work done tomorrow and enjoy a nice relaxing day on Sunday.

I went into Aldi yesterday to buy my soup mix, they didn’t have it. Maybe they have stopped it for the summer, I hope not. I have one packet in the freezer so I shall have to get that out. Fast day of me tomorrow as it is the funeral today.

Hi Jean

Congratulations, at last that must feel great, 2lb as well, what did you do differently?

I hope hubby is on the mend and it is really good news to hear that your daughter is feeling better.

Did you measure your plates? I measured for new nets after my last post to you! I must be mad…..

Hi KT how are things?

Hi Plainy and Alex have you dropped off our radar? I hope you are both doing well.

Ginette

Hi Ginette,

I think you missed my earlier post..

My plates are 27cm so the 25cm would be better, the 22 is more like a tea plate…the thing is in ikea they all look the same I must measure them.

I think I will be on the way to ikea to buy…thanks for pointing it out..

Only thing I did different was to eat too much…strange..

Xxx

not doing well
    biscuits
    no fd’s

Hi KT Lovely to see you.

Its to be expected that this will be a bad week for you all round. Xx

Just go with the flow and think about FDs next week. You now you can do it … you have proved it.

I am struggling at the moment but reading up on water fasts has inspired me again.

Come on KT our dear friend .. we can all do this if we stick together. Xx

Hi all

I am doing Saturday fast and Monday if anyone wants to join me…

KT as Hemmy says it’s to be expected this week.. try again next week…

Hemmy hope ur having a good fast day.

Its very quiet on here hope everyone is ok.

Audrey

Sun is coming through and it supposed to be a warm week-end. Yay

Hi Aud Did well yesterday till the late evening then succumbed to the usual offer of wine and snacks. So silly … but there again it could have been worse if I had not fasted all day. Struggling with that determination at the moment.

I have let my self get overtired this last couple of weeks .. which doesn’t help.

I am constantly being told not to overdo things… trouble is once I get a bee in my bonnet I have to keep going for hours if need be. Lol

Will have a good rest this week-end … no dog walking duties… feet up reading hopefully sit out in this Spanish style weather they have promised.

Hope you are doing well and managing to maintain that lovely loss. Is it an easy week-end for you with Ian working. Xx

Hi Sym … hope you enjoyed your Merlot after your wonderful 2lbs loss you deserved the treat.

Starting today … I am going to drink a glass of water on the hour .. it doesn’t seem much when you say it like that.

Water is my answer I know … when I started I was consuming much more than I am now. Its just most time s I forget. Going back to my 8 little beads on the kitchen window to help the memory. Lol
    Have a good day what ever you are doing. Xx

Hi Gine Are you still going to be busy this week-end or putting your feet up.

How are the 3 FDs going .. and normal days too. Are the 3 days making a difference.

I seem ok on the normal days its the Fds I am having a job getting round. When I started I treated those days as a project … now I am not thinking about them or preparing till they arrive. Lol Not good planning.

Have a lovely week-end G whatever you are doing. Xx

Hi KT .. hope you are feeling better today. Take it slowly .. be gentle with yourself.

Better weather to look forward to now… we can get out more .. keep occupied.

Take care KT just keep doing. Xx

Brit lovelies … Stop … put a smile on your face .. it works wonders for you and everyone else. Xx

Morning All,

A dull dreary drizzle sort of day…hope it improves.

All my painting finished in the bedroom and all put straight.

Grandson coming for a visit on Thursday (bad day..FD) for a night or two…before he goes back to school…..it will be strange as we usually have two…the other is now away working at 16.

Hemmy…you have been on the WOL for a year and I think this is how it hits you…possibly Milena and Celtic also. Try and maintain for awhile but really be careful of putting on like we did. Have a lovely weekend with Kirsty.

KT…you are doing really well, as the others say start next week if you are up to it if not when you are ready.

Audrey…..yes I agree quite quiet on here, we have lost our boys although Plainy was busy last month…..hoping everything is OK with them and they are pushing forward with the 5.2. I don’t think anyone’s on holiday?? Have a good FD.

Ginette….hoping the sorting is coming to an end…all lovely clean and tidy…did you get your nets ordered?

X

Fast day today,

I haven’t decided on what to eat yet maybe a soup or stew? Will have to look in the freezer and see what inspires me.

I can’t seem to manage liquid only days anymore, I find them just a step too far….

I have done 60 mins steam cleaning so don’t need to do as long of a workout today which is perhaps as well as I have a massive blister on the bottom of my foot !

Ginette I have just been doing treadmil not the wii as I am pear shaped and all ,y weight is round my muddle so I figured walking would get rid of it…..I may however do a box today to rest the foot…..

Hemmy I wish I could help you get out of this slump, keep at it whatever you do don’t give up, to go all day then succumb at night is awful I know this because I have done it before and the day after I felt dreadful because I knew I had to re-do the fast….

Sym, well done on your loss I bet you are doing cartwheels round the house with joy.

KT I am fasting today and again on Monday if you want to join me?

Think it’s Lynda son wedding today, hope she has a lovely time…

Sorry if I missed anybody good luck to all

Together we are stronger

Audrey

hello friends
    you are all so kind, and probably assuming I have spent this week grieving, however in reality we have had some lovely family times
    – we had a good meal out with all of us, the night before the funeral (where I discovered halloumi chips that are fabulous and a calorific nightmare)
    – we had a lovely reception(wake) for dad on weds
    – thurs and fri we went on 2 hour walks, but with lunch in the middle!!
    and of course LOTS of tea and biscuits

just mum and me for a bit now – so today I am indeed joining Audrey on a fast day
    just had some sardines and salad for lunch and will have chicken and veg for dinner

I have been watching ‘THE SUGAR FILM’ on youtube – its a good watch and I am hoping if I keep reading and watching these things I shall eventually teach my brain that sugar is NOT a treat!!

KT,

I am glad everything went as well as funerals go, although very upsetting there’s happy times remembered and sometimes lots of laughing at things what happened in the past.

It all helps with the grieving process.

It’s good you are fasting today, try and get your life back on track.

There will be many up and down days ahead but try and be positive your Dad would want you to be happy. Help your Mum in the weeks ahead.

You will be fine but it will be slow year to come to terms with the loss of your Dad.

Take care
    Jean x

Hi friends

What a beautiful day. So much for my rest day .. painted the garden seats .. pots and bird tables.

Doing well with the water will be dinking 8 glasses … done 6 so far hoping to FInish up at 6pm.

Aud I will just keep going … I am sure it will come right again. Hope your FD goes well. Xx

Sym and Gine hope you are enjoying the sunshine. Xx

KT glad to hear you are in good positive spirits … keep it up Gal. Xx

Off to the shop to get the winning 33 mil lottery ticket. Lol I will treat us all to a health farm . lolol

Take care all. Xx

xxxx
    I have enjoyed today, cleaning, a bit of gardening and even avoiding the biscuits
    and hoping my stomach will deflate a little again, with less wheat!

will probably be over 500cal today, unless I leave the strawberries and kiwi but since mum kindly prepared them, I cant really refuse

I have had a good fast day. I steamed the kitchen this morning and tonight I have cleaned the carpets. I have had a bath then cleaned the bathroom… I am now sat in bed watching tv… I am under 500 kcals for the day and my fitbit says I have burnt off 650 kcals. ..I should sleep tonight. Happy in the knowledge that tomorrow I can eat… night night all.

KT strawberries and kiwi shouldn’t really affect your fast day..well done on completing it…my mum forces port on me!!!

Audrey

Audrey and KT,

Both keeping busy and both had a good FD…well done.

My day off so a Merlot and a lovely ice cream with flake off the mobile van.

Hubby being dosed up with hot whiskey and honey, chest not good coughing up blood, maybe Doctors Monday unless it calms down…

Night night
    Xx

Wow .. what a busy lot of bees we are. Lol

Sym hope hubby improves soon .. there is always something to worry about isn’t there. Enjoy your wine Xx

Well done Aud and KT good FDs. Xx

Had a really good normal day … we have had soup for lunch and dinner Lol plus both on shloer and water tonight.

Kristy just came through and said .. ” think you need some more bottles only 15 there” . Lolol YAY Cant remember a Sat night together with no wine. Xx

Hi Jean

I did write an earlier post but it just disappeared. How annoying!! Yes I must have missed your earlier post.

The tidying will go on for weeks as it is drawers cupboards etc, not surface tidying. It is not even something I can see. Also I am emptying bookcases as I have too many books so I am going to try and get in down to one bookcase. I haven’t read many of them more than once anyway and the novels are getting yellow and I can easily part with them. I listen to talking books now as I can do other things. I have a few ebooks and still many real books.

Sounds like hubby may need to see a doctor, this is how I get when I have bronchitis.

Hi KT

I’m glad to hear that you are back on track. Keeping busy helps. I had strawberries today with half a youghurt. Lovely.

Hi Audrey

I had a successful fast day, fish in sauce is my new Favorite. You sound as if the nice weather is giving you the cleaning bug as well.

Hi Hemmy

Busy as well, enjoying the sunshine, it is quite a novelty to have such a nice day. I fell asleep in the chair after a bad night so I missed most of it. Didn’t get anything done, I shall make up for it on Monday.

Have a lovely weekend all. I hope this posts now.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 3,701 through 3,750 (of 35,434 total)

You must be logged in to reply.