Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,924 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 12 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,451 through 23,500 (of 35,411 total)

• Hedgehog..
    What is seasonal canine illness? How long does it last?…

Charlie seems to be getting more bumps again along his back, this must be from the park as nothing else has changed …..a park dog walker was saying lots of dogs were picking up pollen and grass seeds on their belly’s and getting rashes, on a long grass area…unless it’s from our riverside as the grasses are getting long again..

Last 4 days hopefully on the hospital run, it seems to make the day long and you want an extra meal..if I get a good nights sleep I seem to be ok..talking to Sister this morning about Steve not sleeping she suggested sleeping tablets for just a few nights to get him back into a pattern..I don’t really like them but if it gets him back on track it would be good.

Hope you have a good training session later..

Speak later..
    Jean x

I had to have sleeping pills when I retired, I worked nights for many years so I couldn’t sleep at night,was used to going to bed at around 7am, I didn’t get prescription tablets just over the counter tablets,Nytol I think they were called.I checked up on the man I played at bowls yesterday he has played 16 and won 15 losing one by 3 points.

Had a quick bowl today,my son came home from work and went straight to bed,he is full of a cold,man flu😄. Shopping now so must avoid the chocolate isle 😰🥵🥴😇😇. will try for another fast day today🤞🤞.Hope Steve continues to improve.

Afternoon All..
    Working through my jobs..ironing next and cleaning up stairs…you can get through some things when you are up early…

Back from hospital, Steve is going to have a nap..next one 9.30pm….doctors hospital round in the morning so we will have a lie in…dropping him off at 9am till about 1.30..

Hedgehog..
    Looked up the canine seasonal illness, it covers our Clumber Park too..glad you mentioned it as we thought we could go in November..looks as if it finishes about then….must check if we go…
    Hope you had a good training day….

Dave..
    Hope your son improves and doesn’t pass it on to you both before holidays 😬

Jean x

Hi everyone.
    Survived a reasonably successful Fd yesterday. I was going to have proper lunch today but work just got in the way so just supplementing this morning’s porridge with a Mars bar – I know… Not good.
    Tonight I’m going to make hairy biker’s pan heggarty so hopeful it will all end up well within TDEE and I might do another Fd tomorrow.

Going tj go back to the office tonight to do some work and hopefully keep me away from temptation!

Just waiting on the boy – I thought about dashing home to take the dog out but to be honest he’ll still want to go out later with no memory he’s already had his stretch, so catching up with emails in the car.

Mx

Too hungry for another fast day so will do one tomorrow.I will try and keep it low today.I hope that the Cyprus sun will help my knees,they are very bad today I think it’s the damp weather 😖😖😖.

Jean- well done doing your ironing, have a pile to do, only managed dribs & drabs, now eldest has come back from some retail therapy with 5 new ones to do as well! 😂 hope Steve keeps improving…I would definitely check about Clumber park- I think some years when it’s been mild there’s been SCI cases in November still.
    Dave- hopefully a low day for you, quarantine your son in his room so yiu don’t get it, you & Denise were ill before the last holiday weren’t you?
    Minols- hope you can stay strong the rest of the day! Dogs are funny like that with their walks!
    Hope everyone else is doing okay…
    Fasting okay for me, kept busy with the dog training- Xena not too bad!- & then trying out the new paint we bought for the lounge weeks ago, chose a colour to go with it & went to buy that. Xena is booked in to doggy day care tomorrow, so we might go shopping for cushions- Dave, do you want to come?😉! Then if she’s okay again will book her in for a whole day, & we can get on with painting while she’s out! Boys didn’t like the colours anyway, & hubby’s gone off them too, so it’ll only be me who likes it 😂😂

I will come so long as we have a cushion fight and rip them all to pieces.

Minols…
    Your dog sounds like us…maybe not quite…that will be the day when Charlie forgets his walk, still we can get old together…

Porridge and Mars bar sounds quite nice ….oops…

Hedgehog..
    Finished my usual ironing plus the bedding…hoover still waiting to go upstairs tomorrow now…😬..I have seen notices for dogs in the woods but of course not too much notice when no dog…you will have to tell me when you are going back in the woods..please…

The painting is starting..no arguments on colours! Good idea on doggie care..still I did manage but he sulked Charlie not Steve 😂

Dave..
    I think the bad weather does effect arthritis, still it’s more icy/snow does my toes…

Kitchen closed..

Jean x

Think it’s going to be a full English,well almost.Salad tomorrow 🙄.Gym tomorrow too🥵🥵🥵.If my knees will take it.

Evening everyone,
    Lovely lunch out in St Ives sadly we were unable to cycle along the guided busway to catch the bus as the bridleway that we use to get to the guided busway is closed for September as they are upgrading it to a hard tarmac surface. Looking on the good side it meant that we had to drive to the park and ride to catch the bus so it meant that I drove home so no alcohol was consumed by me a good calorie saving and I’ve come in well below my Tdee today just not got in the exercise though.

Jean encouraging results for Steve hope tomorrow goes well for him. If you visit the Hotter website the shoes I purchased were called Willow if you want to look at them – so comfy I’ve worn them today to get used to them before our holiday as we tend to do a lot of walking.
    Hedgehogs will ask daughter if she’s aware of SCI being in our area.
    Dave hope your son doesn’t pass on the man flu to you and Denise.

Hello everyone else hope your day has been a good one.

Nana x

Nana..
    They look a comfy walking shoe..must have a look when we are out and about again…it’s been a long three weeks..still there were lots of appointments even before that!

They may do another blood test tomorrow unless they wait nearer Friday when the injections stop..

A bit of a mess getting over to St Ives to your lunch..but nice when you got there..

Jean x

Dave- cushion fit sounds like fun, think we’ll get thrown out of Dunelm! Hope your FD goes better tomorrow!
    Jean- some websites say keep out of all woods, that would mean most of our walks, so think we’ll keep away from the main forest, or would get pretty boring for Xena! I think she would get very naughty if we were busy painting with her around!
    Nana- good going on the food & wine! Shame about not being able to cycle…
    Salad eaten, kitchen can’t close until 9pm, youngest will need dinner when he gets home from work…& Bake Off is on 😞 makes me hungry!

No Forrest near me in the middle of Manchester so don’t have that problem.Lots of parks but I don’t go in them either.There are nice resovoires but I don’t take Heidi far these days,she walks with a limp so just short walks now.

Hi all!
    After a mad busy time things are slowing down a bit finally!
    Been working 6 days a week plus looked after the cats again and a 12 month d terrier for the weekend.
    We both have a normal week in work then we have a week off. Going to South Wales to visit Neils mum for a few days then will go camping for a few days. Really need some down time!
    Not been fasting but decided to jump on the scales this morning and actually down a pound from couple of weeks ago, so thats something!

Right need to scroll back and check whats been happening…
    Jean it looks like Steve isnt right yet 😢

Hello! I am new. I have been living in the UK for 1 year. I am from Canada.

I really enjoying the fasting. I have no cravings. I am concious of what I put into my body 🙂

Right caught up now!

Jean, really hope that Steve is over the worst of the infection and can carry o recouperating at home fully. I think some kind of sleeping tablets could be helpful, if only for a couple of nights.

Dave, I really hope your son doesnt pass on his germs just as you are about to go on holiday!
    Its a shame that the bowling season proper is finishing, at least you will get to play a bit over the winter by the sounds of it.

HH, never heard of seasonal canine illness!!
    Glad you had a nice time away, sounded ideal!
    Had a chuckle about you asking Dave if he wanted to join you for cushion shopping!! I definitely think he would have you in a cushion fight rather than debate texture, shape, size and colours…

Nana, never heard of Hotter Shoes either!
    Is it this weekend you go away?
    We are away early Sunday morning.

CW, great to see you back. Sorry to hear about your hubbies achillies….ouch!
    Hows work going on? Is it any easier?

Minols, hope your back is inproving with the stretching. I must start doing some stretches too, whilst my back is feeling normal, get it stronger.

Mel, glad you are feeling better. You are going back to ADF of 800 cals then?

I need to decide on a plan to shift this half a stone, but realistically, although I will be good this week, no fasting will be happening next week whilst we are away!

Although that being said, I am going to make sure I have some better days rather than full on eating everything every day!! Lol. I will incorporate some 16:8 etc.

A little bit of news…I got to speak the guy who runs sharpei rescue uk and he is going to check over our adoption forms and come back to us. If hes happy then it will be just waiting for the right one in the right area. Fingers crossed.
    Looking after Coco at the weekend, confirmed that Im ready for another dog now.

Kay x

Hello Lisa,come in here as often as you can it helps,we are a friendly bunch on here.

Hi Lisa, & welcome to the group, where are yiu in the UK?
    Kay- well done on losing the pound!Really glad you’ve had fun looking after Coco, & pleased you’re ready for another dog. Have you settled on a Sharpei then? I don’t know much about them? I’m sure you’re definitely ready for a break, hope the weather’s good for you…
    Kitchen now closed, been very hard not to pick, I am really hungry now! 😢

Morning all!
    Ugh, an early start for us this morning, both boys up very early for work- youngest working 6-9am then going to London with friends, eldest working then driving to Coventry for a training course tomorrow. So we’ll have a quiet day & evening. So as we’re out for dinner tonight, & I’ve not got Jean’s will power to fast when I have an early start, I’ll have a day off today & back to fast800 tomorrow.
    Hope everyone has a good day fasting or not!

Morning All..
    A later start as doctors round 9 am…popped on the scales and I am up a bit hope to pull back…I have Steve as a hungry horse had to juggle us both…he has a lot of muscle/ fat his watch was tight it’s hanging off him he’s taken it off….

Charlie’s hives/dally rash a few more bumps have arrived someone on a dally group suggested Stress, I think that might be what it is, he has only had it while he has been left and Steve in hospital/ hospital appointments… going to Tesco to get Childs Farm, nappy rash cream which I have had lots of good reports for dogs 100% natural even for us…for really anything.

Lisa..
    Welcome we are a friendly bunch, we natter about all sorts…

Kay..
    Good luck on the Sharpei, hope they find you one soon…i I don’t know what they look like I will look later…you deserve your break you have been really busy…brilliant on your pound down….enjoy your visit and holiday..

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your day and meal later..hope you have decided on your paint colour..nearly said have a relaxing day but it’s not 😂…all quiet on the boys front….Xena at her play date let’s hope she enjoys it..

Must dash

Jean x

HI all – just had a lovely roll and bacon, so I guess today will be a low day not a fd!

Dave and HH…maybe we should take over Dunelm for a celebratory pillow fight en masse one day – what a great place it would be to do something like that…we could wrap ourselves in cloaks made out of fancy curtains and be knights jousting with curtain poles, too!

Kay – so glad you’re ready for another dog! Good luck getting a sharpei (although, as someone said on telly the other day ‘isn’t that a fancy felt pen?’).

Jean – might dog wouldn’t ‘forget about the walk’…he’d forget he had already had his walk and assume he could howl for another. I swear he’s going mad in his dotage – but I think it’s a kind of madness I hope infects me for my dotage!

I have a day to prep some materials for a conference…a lot of sitting around, reading, writing, trying to learn stuff – so I’m looking around for a transference or distraction activity…I’m at the office, so ironing is out…I’ve already made coffee…my desk could do with sorting – but where’s the fun in that…think brain, think, what can you do instead of what you need to do??? Piano – i’m going to go and do some piano practice! My teacher said last night (first lesson since before the summer) that I should be ready to sit my exam in November – yippee!

Mx

No…..I’ve left my music at home! Just some scales, then, and then I must nuckle down!
    Mx

Minols..
    November exam..oohhh…you must be getting on well with your practice..

We can learn a lot from dogs I am in agreement with you….we could all howl together…😂

Jean x

I am getting worried,think I could possibly be getting my son’s cold 🤧🤧,my throat is a bit iffy 🤒.I will kill him when he gets home 😖😵🤯.Gym later not looking forward to it.Minols you may be too rough for me, curtain poles😄. Don’t know what to do,have a fast day or feed a cold starve a fever.Watching the Ashe’s.

Dave..
    Don’t say that…that’s the last thing you want…enjoy the gym..

X

Afternoon!
    Minols- stop procrastinating & get on with your work- I bet you say that to son & his homework?! Glad the piano is going well! Dogs can get dementia too- mum’s last dog was getting quite confused…
    Jean- hope the doctors are pleased with Steve, & hope that Charlie’s lumps improve- like I said the vets did think Josie had stress induced lumps once. Xena’s went with antihistamine, I think hers were nettle stings.
    Dave- fingers crossed it’s not a cold, that would be really unlucky 😣 Enjoy the cricket & hope you survive the gym!
    Have bought 3 cushions, couldn’t find a new lamp though, & a new quilt cover as ours are splitting…half thought about suggesting a change of colour & decorating the bedroom but thought that would be pushing it 😂

Hello

Halfway through second attempt at a fast day after Monday. I popped out this morning to buy some fruit and almond milk so made do with a smoothie so far. Works out about 150 calories I think and quite filling. I wouldn’t say I was hungry exactly but I know I’m prowling so maybe I’ll try and make do with a drink.

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster as resorted to fish and chips, although I’m trying to reset and get my head back into it.

Hope everyone’s woofs are ok and Kay you find a new little Sharpei just waiting for a forever home. Interesting reading about your dogs not keen on swimming, I can’t keep ours out of the water.

Haven’t got back into running, yoga etc as a lot of classes cancelled over the summer, friends away etc but hoping with H foot getting better, he’ll get back to driving and I can join in again.

Right, back to work, I think the munchy feeling has passed

CW

Hedgehog..
    A good spend this morning…thought it was decorating day? Have a relaxing day and enjoy your evenings meal…

Cakey..
    Quick post and your munchies gone…..good luck for today hope you manage…..hope you soon get back to your running…fish and chips for us on Friday I think…

Doctor was happy with Steve, no blood tests, discharged Friday…he has to keep away from busy areas, restaurants, cinema etc until his cough has gone…( that could take weeks!)…does that mean Tesco, small cafes??…Steve never asks questions it’s so annoying at times…how can you go out and about and not meet people…see how he goes I suppose.

Back to pick Steve up shortly….Charlie is in a strange mood, sat outside shaking as if he was in trouble, then he was fussy to see me…shaking when Steve was left at hospital, he’s sleeping with me now, he’s so mixed up I think. I don’t like him like this, he seems so upset.

Jean x

First off, welcome Lisa. We are a small but happy bunch! Important question – have you got a dog? 😀😀
    If not you can skip quite a lot of chat! I too have never heard of CSI. How have we missed that? Kay glad you feel you can get another dog. Was your last one a Sharpei? I have never met one.
    FD800 went ok yesterday but found it hard. Watching the Ashes too Dave, hope your cold doesn’t develop.
    Minols, love your procrastinating post, so me! Particularly when ironing. IPad about to go so must post quickly…..

Denise is sat in-between her cushions,not allowed on my sofa😁.Gym In 15 minutes,my knees are hurting in anticipation 😟.I have to go to be assessed tomorrow morning,not sure what to tell them, will see how the gym goes today, could be my last time today if my knees can’t take it.

Back again. Posts crossed Jean, sorry to hear Charlie is in a bit of a state. I am sure he will be better when Steve is back full time. All the coming and going is just getting to him I would think. Kay, yes I am doing ADF800 when I am at home (in theory!). Got stressed yesterday as although today was down as a NFD we are going away overnight tomorrow so two NFDs then. Thinking I should do another one today but really didn’t want to. In the end I thought this is not supposed to be stressful so just carry on with today as NFD, then away then back to ADF on Saturday when I should have a good run as nothing on for a couple of weeks. Blimey does that make sense to anyone?! Tomorrow is my defibrillator yearly check up in Leicester then dinner and overnight stay with friends, out for a meal. Excited cos meeting their cockerpoo puppy Banjo for the first time. Jodie is going to be thrilled (not). She doesn’t “do” puppies. 😂😂

Mel..
    You soon on the mend and managing the 800 yesterday…I don’t mind watching cricket, grandson has gone to Manchester today to watch it…hoping the weather stays dry…
    I wouldn’t worry too much a few days off it doesn’t matter as long as you put your mind to fasting when back…a night away and meal catch up with friends..just enjoy….good luck at the hospital …
    Charlie doesn’t do puppies either, a lovely 15 week dally at the park I am thrilled to see him..Charlie walks away!!

Dave..
    Your poor knees, hope you manage the gym today…don’t over do it….try and keep away from son both of you….lock him away…

Daughter has yet again been watching the hurricane in a Florida, very windy and sea choppy but her house is ok…..deep breathe as it passes by……I feel for them all in The Bahamas 50% of houses have gone…..so very sad.

Walked Steve about 200 yards around the park, I then took Charlie for a run, caught him back up in the cafe…Charlie ran ahead and went in the cafe by his self to find him…naughty…I didn’t take my whistle…I use it a lot, I missed it….brings him back to me at a distance…

Small chicken dinner tonight…..Steve napping…he feels a bit better today from yesterday..

Jean x

HedgeHog I’m in Southend-on-sea. I am looking forward to going to Edinburgh for my birthday in about a week 🙂

Lisa..
    A long way up North from you….I love Edinburgh lovely City…have a lovely birthday trip..

Jean x

I got a letter for a referral to hospital to have a checkup on my heart, I go on November the 5th,not a date to forget.If I hadn’t said anything I wouldn’t get it.I also go for an appointment at pars tomorrow morning they want to know how I am doing at the fitness sessions.It will be exactly a year on Monday since I had my heart attack.Every time I take Heidi out it rains so if the Aussies are doing very well I will go out so it rains😄 I live 6 miles from the ground.

Dave, I find every time I go to the kitchen to make a brew a wicket is taken. I have to go thirsty when England are batting 😂😂

Mel it’s the same here for cricket and football, I won’t let Denise leave the room for football and we lost half our wickets when she went in the kitchen.

MelFish hi! I dont have any dogs. But I have two cats 🙂 One of them acts like a dog and talks back LOL

Lisa I have had 3 cats and 3 dogs,one couple used to go for a walk together,the cat had kittens then disappeared so the dog looked after them,we did get the mother cat back much later,I didn’t recognise it but the dog did.

584 calories – better but not quite there, the emergency chocolate ration that I consumed after a trying afternoon didn’t help.

Anyone watching Bake Off?

Dave- aww, how lovely that the dog looked after the kittens, & recognized mum when she came home…not seen any cricket, hope we’re doing okay. Hasn’t the year gone quick since your heart attack? Do you want to carry on with the gym if you can? If you’re not bowling as much over winter it might be good to keep it up? My sis has to wear a lucky top when Ipswich play- guess she forgot to wear it last season 😂😂
    Lisa- I think we all love cats too, even though dogs are in the majority! Are you flying up for your birthday- it’s good that they’re doing a route from Southend now!
    Jean- sounds tricky for Steve to avoid places- lots of outside tables at cafes! I’m sure I’ve picked up more bugs from shops than anywhere else, so I’d make him avoid tesco! We could only get Xena in for the morning, they wanted to do that before leaving her for a full day, so we’ll plan a couple of days to get on & cracking with it, hate having to shift furniture & cover everything & then not being able to get it finished, plus mum has a visitor so will be having them over at the weekend!
    Minols- hope you got the work done okay!
    Mel- enjoy your night away, you’re right that it shouldn’t be stressful & you did well on holiday!
    Cakey- shame you’ve not been able to do the running, hope you can get back into it soon…
    Kay- fingers crossed for you…
    Nana- can’t remember if it’s a FD or day out for you?
    Dug up the rest of the potatoes, courgettes are going loopy & have loads to eat up! Xena was very naughty on her walk, pulling away, got fed up of keep turning/ stopping so we went home before we got to the park- her little face when she realised! I nagged her all the way home 😂
    Hubby can’t taste anything again so a bit daft going out for dinner, not a special occasion, so eaten in, didn’t count calories though 😱

Hedgehog nope will be taking the train.

The dog (Lassie)used to pick each of the four kittens up in her mouth,wash them then they all used to try and take milk from her,of course she didn’t have any but there use to be four kittens all plugged in to her.We had to buy dolls milk bottles and fill them with milk to feed the kittens.We put flyers around looking for the mother and after a few months somebody got in touch with us I took lassie with me to check it out.I didn’t recognise the cat,it was so thin but it used to walk up to Lassie and rub it’s head under her chin.

Evening everyone,
    Welcome Lisa I’ve not been on here very long but they really are a friendly and helpful bunch. I don’t have any pets but I have a grand puppy called Poppy and three grandcats named Willow, Marquez and Stealth all courtesy of our daughter – I do have grandchildren and great grandsons also.
    Kay we are going away on Friday am really looking forward to it as we both love Sheringham. Hope you enjoy your time away also and hopefully good news regarding a new addition to the family🐕 on your return home.
    Jean glad Steve is feeling a little better today sounds as if the anti biotics are doing there job.
    Hedgehogs hope husband is better soon enjoy your quiet evening.
    Well I came in at 850 calories today so I guess I’ve just managed to achieve a FD my last one before our holiday. It’s been hard because I know I’m going away. Hope everyone else fasting has had a successful fast day also.
    Dave hadn’t realised that you’d had a heart attack a good incentive to lose weight and exercise I’m sure.
    Cakey can’t watch bake off I’m still hungry even after my evening meal.
    Nana x

Seven days to Cyprus,this time next week I will be in Protaras.Temperature should be in the 30s so a bit warmer 😄. Speedway in Peterborough tomorrow so not a fast day,and weigh-in Friday so probably a chocolate day😋😋😋.

Morning All….

Bright morning 9 degrees!….down to our last 4 injections…

Fasting for me today….dentist checkup and hygienist…not looking forward to it as I seem to have a lot of pain around my teeth which isn’t really possible ..maybe I am under the weather with Steve this last month..hopefully.

Cakey..
    Well done on your fasting day, a small wobble..I would call it a good fast….we are not watching bake-off.

Hedgehog..
    I think the lounge is the worse place to decorate, everything seems upside down….still a good couple of days and it’s done…hoping Xena is better today on the pulling, they all have there moments….hope hubby is feeling better on his taste today…

Dave..
    A lovely story on Lassie and the cat/kittens…lovely dog..enjoy speedway at Peterborough ..then start packing and organising…

Nana..
    Have a lovely time away at Sherringham..you will be busy packing today…

Jean x

Morning all! Actually had a lie-in this morning with no noisy boys getting up for work! On a go slow, nothing planned, could do with a clear out maybe! Xena is on our bed at the moment, came up with me when I brought a cuppa up for hubby as we’re being lazy!
    Jean- hope the last few injections go okay, maybe there might be a doctor about to double check where he can & can’t go? Good luck at the dentist, hope it doesn’t make your teeth worse😞 Hope fasting goes okay…
    Dave- how are the knees? Is your assessment today for the pars? Hope speedway is good!
    Minols- hope you get everything done for the conference!
    Mel- have a good trip away!
    Kay, Cakey, Nana- have a good day fasting or not!
    I am fasting, & lots of you getting into holiday mode, 😢, I had my time last week, it’s hard getting back into it!

I have been to PARS and they have given me another 6 months then she said they will kick me out,which is fine because bowling starts about the same time.Not a fast day today so don’t know how the weigh in will be, been munching grapes all week 😮.

Hedgehog..
    Steve has already been told by the doctor he is discharged on Friday 1.30…so it’s me building him up and keeping away from crowded areas and bugs but walking him ….surgeon appointment 2nd October ..

Nice to have a lazy morning looking forward to mine on Saturday..

Pulled my back undoing Charlie’s seat belt…my back feels iffy…won’t be doing much today…just dentist!

Dave..
    Nice you have another 6 months at PARS…leading you into your new bowling season.

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 23,451 through 23,500 (of 35,411 total)

You must be logged in to reply.