Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,976 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,901 through 21,950 (of 35,463 total)

• Morning all!
    Cakey- was thinking about how you were getting on with your running watching joggers this morning, good for you for not giving up!
    Jean- hope the flight is okay, your boys will be pleased to see you, hope you’re not too tired!
    Dave- hope you improve, are you flying today? Rotten to have no taste on holiday- have you tried steaming your head? That does help…
    Minols- hope things settle soon…
    Kay- keep strong, have you been able to stick to the 800cals some days? And waiting for doggy news too, fingers crossed for you. Our dog trainer says he never looks for his dogs, they find him…I’m not that patient, but Ellie will be a very hard act to follow…
    I miss Lynne, DF, Hemmy too…
    Been out in the ☔ with Xena already, a better night again thankfully. Shopping this morning, & seeing a friend this afternoon. Not too hungry yet, but will be when I get to asda!

It’s absolutely pouring down here,not taking Heidi out in the heavy rain.
    Still can’t taste anything so hopefully the sun will help.At least I am not using many tissues now.Left my phone charging but forgot to turn the socket on🤯 luckily it had a fast charger so should be fully charged by the time I leave.

Morning All..
    Sitting at the airport waiting for Steve, 90 mins delayed in traffic on the M62.. sat having a latte and Danish pastry… eaten nothing in 24 hours so peckish best I could do.

Dave..
    Hope you soon feel better.. it’s kicking about a bit..enjoy your holiday..

Kay..
    I think I have not picked a post from you, it’s missing.. hear HH say ..doggie news sounds exciting.. keep strong too.

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your catchup with your friend this afternoon..

Excited to see my boys.. back walking later.. missed it… Max needs big training on a lead, he’s used to being off it, now he has to go on it by law!!

Speak when home.

Jean x

Leaving for airport in ten minutes,I do feel a bit better but still can’t taste or smell anything 😫.Took Heidi out and got soaked so not a good start to my hols.Its ten degrees warmer in Lanzarote,roll on sunshine.

A piece of cake at airport,from pulling up in the car to clearing security took less than 15 minutes.On the downside flight is delayed by 3 hours,so it will be around midnight when we get to hotel😮😣.

Twice the departure time has changed, originally we should have left at 11am, they changed it to 3pm,now 6pm.They have given us two cards valued at £5 each to spend on light refreshments to make up for the delay.

Dave- hope you get to take off soon! Sun will soon be shining on you…well, not until the morning…
    Jean- hope you got hone safely…bet Steve will be glad of a rest from dog walking!
    Not too hungry today, despite food shopping! Dropped Mum’s shopping off & she was teary again, she’s giving us some worry… Had a good catch up with a friend this afternoon, she looked after her mum with dementia for quite a while, so she was a good ear to bend! Hope I was a good ear back, they’ve had plenty of their own problems…
    Cakey, Minols & Kay -hope you’re all okay!

Evening All..
    Soon get in the swing back walking..Charlie was really fussy to start with then sulky…when we got home all fussy again, plenty of treats work wonders…😂..chilly and rainy here…

The new door bells for Charlie to ask to go out have arrived so that’s this weeks training…

Hedgehog..
    A lot on your plate with your Mum, I have had no dealings with it..so just an ear anytime…just booked Thetford Forest, our first part of our trip to Norfolk, 14th May for 6 nights….working our way to you, maybe, nothing else planned must get Steve into a planning mode…

Any ideas to stop Charlie pee circles on the lawn…it’s looking a mess…

Dave..
    You should be in flight…have a good time…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- funny Charlie sulking! We have dead patches on the lawn too, they do grow back eventually, we always used to follow the dogs about with a watering can to dilute it every time but that didn’t make any difference! Apparently it doesn’t happen if you raw feed them, interesting! Have fun training Charlie with the doorbell!!
    Dave-hope you’re there safely & have a great trip!
    Minols- hope things are settling…
    Kay- hope you’re not too busy?
    Cakey- any more progress with the running?
    Well, having stuck to the 800cals for 10 days, I lost willpower last night! Both boys weren’t home for dinner until 9pm, so the kitchen had to be kept open, youngest had brought home a cheesecake which he couldn’t get out the packet & wanted help with…I tried a tiny piece & then ended up with more than that, plus eldest had opened a packet of low carb biscuits & made me try one…😢😢
    Then this morning I’m extra hungry after having that sweet stuff & willpower deserted me again when I was cutting up cereal bars for eldest’s lunch, & I had a piece for breakfast! Probably more than my carb allowance for the day already!😢 It’s going to be a long day…
    And Xena’s been in season 3 weeks already & no sign of it being over! A bit worrying, we go on holiday in 10 days & wanted her to have an extra day at the dog sitters before we go…😒

Morning All..
    Rainy start here but raining very heavy in Houston for a good week so not missing much there either..

Seem to be back on GMT, bed at usual time awake having a cuppa at 7 am…I slept across three seats most of the flight with radio in my ear I find it helps with the noise on board, Lionel Richie was my choice 😂..it worked last time too…

Hedgehog..
    Poor Xena, will you have to take her to the vets if it lasts much longer….10 days on 800 cal that’s very good going, only a small fall…we will start fasting Monday….I may jump on the scales tomorrow and see what the damage is…I have been drinking wine but not a lot of food, just the evening meal….where are you going on holiday is it the south coast?

A bit of shopping for us and ironing for me…hair cut for me pm, that worked out well…

Have a good day all…
    Jean x

Hi all
    Hope you’re holiday is starting well, Dave after the delays at the airport.

Good to have you home, Jean. Doorbells for Charlie? I’ve missed something here!

Off in to school today for assemblies – looking forward to having to focus totally on a few hundred kids! I’ve decided to tell gentle stories as I need the week to end like that – maybe they do too!

Enjoy the slide into the weekend, everyone.

Mx

Hi all,
    I have 2 days off, then working Sunday then another 2 days off, so hopefully will be able to catch up on sleep and recharge. I think Im too old to be running around so much 😂

Still walking Billy. His owner hasnt started walking him on a lead yet as he is very strong and if he sees another dog or a cat, he will lunge towards them. Its a struggle for me to pull him back, so I can see his owners worry.

I am keeping an eye on some rescue centre websites but I am waiting until something clicks rather than rush into something. Im a bit worried that we may not get accepted due to our very small garden, but we will have to see.

My weight is up 2lbs, so I need to get back on track. Ive been back on the bread and biscuits etc this week and I can really tell the difference, I feel so bloated. Im going to fast until later and just have something light later on.

We have a charity cycle ride coming through the village tomorrow morning. They are cycling 300 miles in 3 days from Bodmin to Bristol. I was approached by the organiser, as admin for our village fb page, to coordinate a pit stop for them, so Ive been busy doing that. Its in aid of testicular cancer. Our pub landlord is providing tea and coffee and sausage baps. I just need to sort out the veggies and the dairy/wheat free ones, so Im off to Morrisons in a bit to get supplies!

Jean, welcome back. A lovely busy week for you and Im sure you would have loved to have stayed longer had Steve and Charlie been with you! Back into routine now. Charlie will enjoy his longer walks now you are home. You can buy some stuff to spray on the lawn to weaken the affect of nitrogen…dont know how effective it is. We had same problem but didnt get round to looking into it. Our lawn has been rescued and reseeded now!

Minols, heres hoping the bombshell doesnt cause as many ripples as expected and things die down quickly. Its hard when something happens which affects other people as its impossible to control.

Dave, you will have arrived by now and made a start on your holiday. Im sure the sunshine and warmth will remove the last of your cold.

HH, its still a worry about your mum. Has this come on all of a sudden since your dad died or has it been progressing without you all knowing? Grief can affect people in many different ways and Im just hoping that in time, things get easier.
    I spoke to my mum the other day and she said if she lost her independence, she would be finished. She is 89 this year and lives on her own, generally doing very well, but it is becoming a worry about what could happen.

Doesnt look too bad a day today weather wise, would like it a bit warmer, but at least its dry and a bit brighter.

Kx

Back from our walk, just the two of us…I do enjoy them, no friends to play with today…raining so I think there is only me and another man with two dogs who walk when it’s wet..???…just going across our Village Green and a scrap nearly started…only 6 red chairs stacked from the Tour de Yorkshire yesterday..he went berserk circling them, until he got to them and had a smell ..silly boy…

Kay..
    I shall jump on the scales tomorrow..2 lbs on you will soon get your head around it and move it….it’s been a unsettling time for you..
    The rescue centre we visited before we got Charlie, matched the dog to you and you couldn’t see any in the kennels..I didn’t like that idea…I don’t know if that’s a new idea…as the small garden, ours is small…that’s why we and you take them for walks and not dumped in a garden….handy through the day for fresh air and play…so that shouldn’t go against you, show them all the pictures of Ellie on her lovely walks.

Have a good day on your charity event tomorrow hope the weather improves…

Jean x

Minols..
    The door jingle bells for Charlie…he lived in a flat so he did three walks a day only, so he doesn’t ask to go out…on line it says you can get the dog to ring the bells to go out..work is in progress..I don’t mind if it’s for play or potty but he now likes his water outside, so that too…

Enjoy your school day…that sounds hectic 😂

X

The plane finally took off at 7pm,four hours late😯 we got to the hotel just past midnight,they asked if we wanted any food but we said we just want to go to bed.Its been warm here all day and the sun keeps shining through the clouds.We are on the bottom floor so we have to go up two floors to the ground floor.We went for a walk down the front and stopped for an ice cold lager the glass must have come out of a freezer 😁😁😁.I could taste it and it was lovely.Dont know what we are doing tonight,but out for a meal then see if we can find some entertainment.The hotel is a mini kids disco and bingo,so will give that a wide berth.

Dave…
    Enjoy all your next ice cold pints at least you can taste them….lovely the weathers sunny and keeps that way 🌞

Jean x

Denise has got a sore throat and cough now 😥😥😥 she blames me 😇.Our terrace overlooks the pool and the sea, very close to the beach,I will send you a picture Jean.

Hello

Love Fridays, especially bank holiday ones.

Jean – our woof prefers outside water too. He has two bowls inside yet still always insists on going outside and drinking from the watering can. We gave up in the end and put another bowl outside. We had bells on the back door when we first got him as a tiny puppy and I was amazed that he learnt within a couple of days how to ring them when he wanted to go out.

Hope your gentle assemblies have gone well Minols and the special magic of children has restored some of your turmoil.

Hope Denise isn’t coming down with your cold and glad you’re feeling better Dave. Have a lovely time.

Well done on the 800 fortnight Hh, you’ll have to let us know if it’s made a difference on the scales.

H came home with a surprise present today. A new backpack for my hols that he’d noticed me admiring a few weeks ago. I’m so touched. Whilst he wouldn’t bat an eyelid no matter what I spent or bought, he’s not in the habit of surprises. After 28 years I’ve got used to it so am so thrilled with his spontaneous gift.

Having a Yorkshire themed afternoon tea at church tomorrow afternoon. No doubt some lovely Yorkshire cake recipes, Yorkshire tea of course and maybe a poem or song of such like. I’m sure Ilkley Moor might feature.

Have lovely evenings

CW

Evening!
    Dave- glad you can enjoy the lager! Is Denise okay with the stairs? Sounds lovely, enjoy the🌞, we have lots of ☔!
    Kay- hope Billy doesn’t pull you over! Got dragged across a road once by a dog when I volunteered for the Blue Cross!
    (Mum had been getting a bit forgetful but things have worsened alot since dad died). Hope the weather’s good for the cycle ride tomorrow, & it goes well!
    Jean- lovely rainy walk! Silly Charlie & the chairs, Xena’s a bit like that! I guess you missed the Tour?
    Minols- hope you survived the school assemblies!
    Did lots of jobs although the house looks pretty untidy still! Didn’t get all the ironing done though…took mum to a garden centre this afternoon, she’s made room for some more plants, she was so happy going round choosing stuff, happiest I’ve seen her for a while! Felt bad as I been saying I’ll take her for a couple of weeks, although she’s so busy with her coffee mornings & groups it’s hard to find the time!
    Haven’t had dinner to make up for being bad yesterday!

Cakey..
    Hoping our bells work..I must really give it a try…now I am back…. He just sits by the door and we don’t see him as a table and chairs are in the way..it’s a pain the water outside, he has two dishes inside but likes the outside one.

How lovely hubby to surprise you with the back pack..proves he listens sometimes 😂..enjoy your Yorkshire afternoon tea..it sounds lovely..

Hedgehog..
    I missed the tour by 30 mins got home before they closed the roads…I am not really interested, time it moved to another county 😂..causes to much havoc..

Lovely Mum is happy with her plants, it’s finding what helps her..shower time for Charlie tomorrow he stinks!..tell mummy has been away !

Jean x

Morning all!
    Cakey- sorry, our posts crossed, what a lovely present! When is the big day? Have a lovely afternoon tea & hope you can recharge the batteries over the weekend.
    Jean- I keep forgetting to say thanks for the idea of the cloths for wiping doggies down- Xena hates having her paws washed but happily has them wiped over with the cloth! Happy Charlie shower time…
    Kay- hope you’re not too busy…
    Minols- are you getting a day off with the boys today?
    Dave- enjoy the sun…
    Doing my Church morning, then trying to wear Xena out in the afternoon before mum comes over for dinner tonight- pulled pork is already in the slow cooker…

Morning All..

Sunny but very cold here..going for our walk early then Charlie’s shower..

Off to a couple of shops to look at decent Wellington boots for the rainy weather…my walking shoes are waterproof but leak in the long wet grass. I used to hate wellies but are they any better now if you pay a better price..my mum would of bought the cheapest!..no money.

Hedgehog..
    Glad the micro cloths work, even quite wet Charlie doesn’t mind them..did the spot wash work or didn’t he use it.

Enjoy your church morning, wrap up warm…I will be over for the pulled pork later mmmm..

Kay..
    Enjoy your day off..anything planned…a Billy walk?

Cakey..
    Enjoy your Yorkshire Tea this afternoon..

Minols..
    A rest day or are you working…

Dave..
    Relax and enjoy…

We are short of people at the moment…Anyone wanting to join us and get the weight moving??

Have a good holiday weekend..

Jean x

Our room being in the bottom of the hotel is quite handy,the breakfast room and concert room are both on our floor.When we go out we just get in the lift.Denise looks like a tomato🍅her face is so red,and I have a big red patch on my shoulders,I put cream on factore 30 but must have missed my shoulders.It wasn’t a very sunny day yesterday but still got burned.When I came here with my friend a couple of years ago I was sat outside our hotel and started talking to a lady who did all the sun creams and holiday stuff,she said she’s got customers from all over the world who never get burned apart from when they come to Lanzarote,she said the sun’s rays are very strong here.

Afternoon!
    Home & dry now, got hailed on whilecwe were out but a good morning. Pile of ironing done, will try to get Xena tired, & a few bits of cooking to do. No lunch, so getting hungry now!
    Dave- lovely to have the sun, even if you get pink!
    Jean- the spot stuff has helped, but not gone completely, he’s used the first lot up already!

I usually go brown, Denise goes red and eventually brown.Blue sky now,I am sore from yesterday and it wasn’t very sunny.Blue sky now,we had a walk down to the harbour, very hilly, shattered walking up them but did it,we bought some bread and butter and salad stuff to make a sandwich,the birds are having what’s left 😁.Not sure where we are going tonight,last night we went for a meal and was sat near the lobster tank,if anyone had got one I think I would have walked out,felt so sorry for them😂.We then went to an Irish pub which was very good.Managed to get Denise to drink alcohol instead of coke,she had various cocktails and on her way back from a visit to the toilet the band were singing and playing guitar Denise did a little dance and the crowd cheered so she carried on and others joined her.Nothing wrong with her knee last night.

Evening All…
    Stinky Charlie now smelling sweet…Steve owned up to him jumping in a mucky pond quite a few times ..raining that day and long grass ( due to not cutting for bees and butterflies) cleaned him on his way back home, just a wipe over..ummm

Bought some walking boots fully waterproof for £60 half price, don’t think I could pay £120…didn’t like the wellies felt cold….spent birthday money.

Dave…
    Sounds as if you are having fun…hotel looks lovely…..watch the cloudy skies when I was there lots of people with third degree burns we were told on the bus to the hotel…

Hedgehog..
    Snap …a pile of ironing for me too…glad the spot wash is helping..maybe a loosing battle at his age…just had scampi, best I have had at home definitely buy some more, new potatoes and salad…

Jean x

Lovely day

Well cold but lots of nice things. Bouncy walk with the woof and a run in the dog park to burn some bounciness. Quick scoot around Sainsbury’s then into town for coffee. Back home for a little while then lovely tea at church. H at the football this evening so have been curled up with the woof, watching a feel good film. I never watch films so felt very indulgent.

Looked at some photos from 4 years ago when I was at my slimmest. Found them very motivational. Hope I can use them to inspire me it’s possible.

Big birthday in a months time 9 June. I have plans to sip cocktails at sunset overlooking the Hagia Sophia on the big day.

I love my wellies. I had some brightly coloured ones from Joules but they split. Bought a well fitting navy pair of Barbour ones. Cost a bit for wellies but feel good and I wear them all the time.

New Pilates class starting up in the village on Wednesday so going to go along with a friend. Run 10 tomorrow I hope.

CW

Morning all!
    Cakey- sounds like a good weekend so far! Well done sticking with the running, & hope the pilates is good. I have a fave photo of me stuck on the fridge for motivation, although it’s been on a while so probably lost impact!
    Jean- The last few pairs of wellies I’ve bought have all split, but cheap ones, I don’t know if the better ones last longer…I have a pair of sort of ski boots now I got from a car boot which are so warm & comfy!
    Dave- hope Denise is fine this morning! And good her knees are okay with all the hills & dancing!
    Minols, Kay- hope you’re both okay!
    Decided to have a very strict day today & then I really need a day off from the fast800, will see if I go back to it, it’s the cuppas I miss most, can’t face black tea again after being ill last weekend, & milk has quite a few carbs in it…
    Have a good day everyone!

We came out of the hotel yesterday and a couple said to Denise,you not dancing today😁.I asked her what dance she was doing because the ones who joined her were doing the same.it was the slosh,not sure if that’s how you spell it.Or say it.Cloudy again today,it was cold last night,and not got any warm clothing.We went to the harbour yesterday and there was lots of cats there living in a kind of cave,a woman brought lots of food and drink for them,also there was three ducks,two male and one female,they were chasing the female and almost knocked my head of, didn’t half give me a whack on the back of my head with its wing.I told my son and it brought a big smile to his face.

Morning All..
    The morning walk was very group walk..9 in all…play time and loads of energy expenditure 😀

Going out for lunch to a dog friendly cafe, a rescue centre not sure what to expect.

Cakey..
    The wellies did you buy mid calf or long??…are yours really cold or warmish with socks?…….still think I need some….got some plastic cheap things not too keen on them…too cold…lots of keep fit for you, enjoy your new class…

Hedgehog..
    All like a good buy..must look out in charity shops you never know…having a low day today too, feel as if we have eaten a bit too much since getting home…two good dinners…

Dave..
    How is the dancing queen still drinking cocktails 😂..don’t know what slosh is…hope it warms up at night for you…

Jean x

She said it’s a 70s dance,a bit like line dancing, Waiting to see the rep to book a trip to a volcano,they do a barbecue over the volcano.Si should be good.

Not hear of slosh either, eas Denise taking the mick cos she was sloshed!! BBQ over a volcano sounds interesting!
    Jean- lunch at a cafe on a light day?!! Enjoy it…dog walk sounds lovely, miss that, can’t wait to do good walks with Xena again, hope this ends soon!
    No breakfast or lunch, just going to have salad tonight.

Cafe was really lovely…rescued greyhounds and horses centre…also charity shop, dog shop, children’s play area..
    Cafe had a pile of dog beds to help yourself to make the furry friends comfy, two choices of dog dinners, homemade doggie biscuits…choc chip cookies went down well Charlie was drooling over his, brought some home too many for him…we had a sausage sandwich, no cake!
    Definitely a return visit…he is very nervous of the horses he needs to see them more.

Egg and bacon tonight so not too bad..fasting tomorrow…

X

The slosh is definitely a dance,even I have heard of it.Maybe a northern thing.The sun is out for the he tried me being,it was 27°C according to the sign on the pharmacy.Time to put after sun on,it’s supposed to be very sunny Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Check out the slosh on YouTube

Think I was sloshed, re-read my post with all it’s typos! Just had a look Dave, not seen that before!
    Getting hungry now…

Morning all!
    Lost only 1lb last week, bit disappointing (but goods in transit, need I say more!), so 6lbs in all in 2 weeks which is very good! Going to enjoy my ‘day off’, & then I think I’ll do the 800 cals for a few more days.
    Xena seems to be coming out of season thankfully, will still do lead walks for this week to be sure, don’t want any mishaps!

6lbs is a good loss, think I will need to do it for a year once I get home 😁.Poor Denise is non stop coughing now,bet she will be glad to get home,we had a long walk yesterday from one end to the other,she said never again,her feet are sore now,I said she needs putting down 😑.So non of you have been doing the slosh,how about the floss😮 Denise said she can’t do that 😛. Another cloudy day hopefully the sun will come out later,it was cold again last night,pity I didn’t bring warm clothes,only got vests and shorts,not even got any long sleeve shirts.The rep said bring some warm clothes for the trip to the volcano tomorrow,think we will need it to erupt to keep us warm.

Morning All…
    A cold morning…

A walk for us and Steve getting into the garage for a couple of hours…a bit of bedding ironing and sort some charity shop things out, still got loads I don’t wear…

Fast day fir us..

Hedgehog..
    That’s really brilliant 6 lbs off in two weeks….you must nearly be at goal..😀..poor Xena a very long season at least you will be able to rebook her at the vets…

We are in Suffolk at Walpole, near Halesworth for 5 nights..arriving 24th May leaving early 29th May..it would be nice to catch up for a coffee or beach walk…if you are about…we might be too far away from you…

Have a good holiday Monday especially the working part of our group…

Jean x

Dave..
    I can do the Floss 😂…grandson taught me…all that walking poor Denise’s feet, hope that they feel better today …

Pouring here with rain now settled for the afternoon…it will be a wet walk later..

Jean x

The sun has just come out,we did the same walk again😁.Nice now was looking for some warm clothing but doubt they do my size on the island😂🤣

Can’t floss either, my coordination is rubbish!
    Dave-hope it warms up, how was the volcano BBQ? Hope Denise can keep up with you- aren’t holidays supposed to be lazy?! Is Heidi okay with your son? Bet she misses you…
    Jean- that would be great to meet up! We can sort out where nearer the time! Lovely to meet you all…hope your FD has been okay?
    Took mum for a walk to see the bluebells in the woods near us, they’re lovely but not quite as good as last year. Have done some gardening- lettuce, spinach & broccoli all doing well, & planted up some pots. Ran around playing with Xena, walked to our local shop…feeling weary now!
    Overeaten today, son opened some chocolate & then didn’t like it…oh dear! 😉
    Will be back to the 800cals tomorrow!

It’s the volcano BBQ tonight,I setup a camera in the living room too check on Heidi,I looked yesterday and she just jumped down off the sofa where I usually sit 😁.Our new sofa’s should arrive next month so Denise will be trying to keep Heidi off them.The dog we had before was scared stiff of going on them, especially if Denise was there,I used to pick him up and put him on the sofa when Denise was coming down the stairs,he used to fight to get off😁She doesn’t shout at Heidi.Its a sunny day today but I imagine it will be cooler in the volcano,not even got a long sleeve shirt so I will be cold tonight.

Morning All..
    A bit warmer today, got all my cold gear on for walking and decided some layers to come off…

Going into a local town called Beverley, taking Charlie with us and having lunch, collecting sister too, see how she is. Just a couple of hours….then ordered a topper for the bed see if it helps Steve to sleep, so order and collect.

Dave..
    Enjoy the volcano trip today …you seem to be burning the calories with all your walking..Charlie goes on the sofa on a blanket, he does more and gets away with things my daughters never did….I must be getting soft 😂…I was quite strict..

Hedgehog..
    It would be nice if we could get together…see if we can organise nearer the time.

Thought bluebells would have finished a lot earlier, more February, I am totally wrong…I do like them…you seem to have done lots yesterday, I don’t seem to have green fingers…our FD went well…I would like to be thoughtful food wise all week, hope that works..

Jean x

Forgot to post this morning!
    Dave- good that you can keep an eye on Heidi! Hope you’re not too cold tonight!
    Jean- We’re softer with Xena than with Josie, she was never allowed on the sofa, but Xena is…Bluebells are usually early May, snowdrops are Jan/ Feb time. Hope Steve’s topper helps, a physio suggested a folded duvet or blanket for my hips when I had trouble, but Steve probably needs more support?
    Been busy cooking this morning- cooked breakfast for eldest, thai chicken satay marinating for his dinner, quiche made for hubby & youngest, sausages cooked for Xena…have had salad & will do veggie fajitas without the wrap for my dinner tonight.

Yes bluebells just coming out,there is a big clump of them in my churchyard.Burning calories walking but puting them back on in other ways.Its very warm now so hopefully it will stay warm for tonight,we start off at a wine tasting then it’s free beer,soft drinks and sangria plus the BBQ.So not a lover of wine,I can take it or leave it, will take it easy on the beer, don’t know what will be served on the BBQ,my main reason for going is to see the volcano,not worried about food or drink.

Afternoon All..
    A good morning covered quite a lot, of looking and thinking….lunch with sister, definitely she’s loosing it, she’s quite bad…come back to quiet time…bed topper seems ok needs to breathe for three days before using it, it was so small it’s growing by the minute…I think it’s nearly to size now….it will be on before three days….

Hedgehog…
    I think you are worse than me for ‘kitchen open all hours’…..something on toast tonight..easy…going to the caravan tomorrow to take laundry back, check battery, Steve to check for any top ups in his two cupboards and tidy….on our way going to a pet warehouse looking for Kong toys, delivery is so expensive on line.

Dave..
    A busy day for you…interesting seeing a volcano, they used to cook an egg near the top of the volcano on a stone…Do they still do that?

Just joined a Dalmatian group on FB a closed group..which I think does monthly rally’s in Yorkshire…last month there where 75 dals all running together ….there is one at York racecourse this weekend, we are gutted as we are going to confirmation of my daughter and SIL on Sunday..so we will try and get to the next one…

Having a quiet evening after lunch times chatting..

Jean x

They cook pork steak and chicken on the volcano,Very good the drive around all the volcanoes,so many of them,they poured water down a tube and steam shot out of it, another they dig up stone’s and put some in your hand but they are too hot to handle,another one they put a bush into the pit and it burst into flames.You then go in for a BBQ,you sit four to a table and they give you a bottle of wine and a jug of sangria,they have a plate of salad, carrots, cucumber,olives,corn, onions.I don’t like anything apart from onions 😯I don’t particularly like sangria and not a lover of wine so let the others have it all,I said don’t you do beer,he said you can have beer but you must pay for it,so I did have a small bottle.The main BBQ food was a pork steak which I don’t like, chicken leg which I through away at home,a green pepper,yes I like that,a sausage 😋😋😋 so all in all a waste of time for me.The volcano was good though.

Morning all!
    Dave- shame about the food, but the volcanoes sound good! And warm too! Any more trips planned? How long are you away for?
    Jean- shame about your sister…it’s difficult to be able to help when you’re not so close. The doctor I talked to last weekend reckoned the medication can keep people stable, so might be worth talking to your nephew when he’s better. Haven’t talked about it with mum though, I think it would really scare & upset her! The doctor gave me a book too- Dementia from the inside, which is written by a GP who had early onset dementia, it’s brilliant, she gives talks & runs a group for other people, gave me some hope! She’s Christian, & has writren leaflets & does training for people to be dementia friendly in Churches, shops etc. I’ve ordered my own copy for £7 from ebay, so I can lend it to other people… (Cakey & Minols, you might find it interesting too)
    Shame about the Dalmatian group, hopefully you can go to the next one!
    I did slip up a little when shutting the kitchen last night, I confess, a little nibble of the cereal bars I’d made son- mum has this saying ‘neaten up the edges’!, that’s what I did!
    Rainy walk with Xena at 6am, hopefully back to normal walks at the weekend, can’t wait! Seeing my Homestart family this morning, then shopping- youngest is off today & wants to come again, so it’ll take longer, he messes about…but love his company when he’s like that, he can be up & down, I hate it when he’s down…

The volcano was very good,weird landscape, could have been on the moon.Time for breakfast now,see you later.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,901 through 21,950 (of 35,463 total)

You must be logged in to reply.