Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,924 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 hours, 16 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,851 through 21,900 (of 35,411 total)

• Morning All..
    Just waking up at 5.30 so much better than yesterday , still dark.

SIL has just left for work ..we have an internet guy coming to the house, she is changing to another provider .. it’s so slow.. the children are complaining they can’t play the games..!!

Hoping to go to the cafe later taking Charlotte to the fountains where she can play in the water while we watch and have coffee/ lunch ?

Steve doing maths with grandson revising yet again with him.. Charlie is still upset and not eating, thunder and lightning yesterday he was very frightened.. he has been playing with grandson and was pleased to see him..

Dave..
    Hoping your knee feels better.. take it steady with all the new activities..soon be holidays..

Hedgehog..
    Glad the oven is fixed.. main thing we need.. yes some things you keep quiet about just get it sorted.. a ordered part I suppose..nice the good weather back..

Minols..
    Away for just a week miss the boys too much.. Steve is self sufficient no worries there, he doesn’t iron !!
    With Charlie been passed from pillow to post in his past life, he is taking time to settle when things change.. still he has been playing today, so maybe picking up..
    I hate not sleeping it makes it a long day when like that.. hope you are better tonight..

Shower and hair wash before the household wakes, speak later..

Jean x

Rain again☔☔☔, will wait for it to stop so I can take Heidi out ,definitely got the holiday feeling now but also a little scared don’t want to miss out on it like I did last time. Just got a shipping order of tablets to keep me going on holiday.

Dave- I’m sure you’ll be fine this time…fingers crossed for you!
    Jean- have a lovely day. Hope Steve’s tutoring pays off this time! & hope that Charlie starts eating again…
    Minols- hope you’ve managed to stay awake all day!
    Kay- how’s Billy? Any further on your walks? I hope you’re not too busy cleaning this weekend!
    Cakey- hope you have a good weekend too!
    Mum’s visitors have gone- she’s finding it hard getting used to being on her own again after company for a week. Met the film crew at Homestart, they’re going to do the filming next week.
    Had enough cals/ carbs left for 2 squares of my fave chocolate tonight, yummy!

Evening All..
    Internet up and running no freezing when calling Steve..
    We had a good change around in living room looks much better.. had lunch out at the fountain, water too cold, so a flop for Charlotte but lovely for us.. we came back and looked in the loft then another loft area both were disappointing she has loads to go up and not a lot of space..rethinking that one.
    Dinner tonight sat outside at a reasonable pizza place, best pizza I have had and a play park for the children, a lovely barmy evening just right. Sat out till 10 pm children in the pool, too much red wine lots of talking and Charlotte singing her favourite songs..😂.. top note.

Dave..
    I thought the weather was getting better.. too much rain..

Hedgehog..
    Charlie’s eaten some mince tonight and half portion of his kibble, he must of forgot he’s on hunger strike!!.. he is missing me, sleeping on my dressing gown now..

Are you going to be in the film? Enjoy the chocolate..

And so to bed.. night night

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- sounds like you’re having a lovely time! Glad Charlie is eating again!
    Dave- sounds like you’re in for more rain today with that storm going over! Hope you can dodge them with Heidi! Is your bowls inside or out? Might be rained off…
    Minols- hope you slept better last night & caught up a bit?
    We didn’t get much sleep- Xena woke at 3am needing to go out, think it’s her season upsetting things. Took ages to get back to sleep, so feel a bit jaded, & hungry! I will keep strong…I hope!

It’s been raining all day and its only 7°C now,feels very cold.I don’t know what to expect with the bowls,it was advertised in the evening paper that they are looking for people to take up crown green bowling,they said it would mostly be people of my age.Its played outside so it’s going to be wet😖,think I am getting a cold too🤧🤧,the last time I went to Lanzarote I had a cold🥵so I have 5 days to get rid of it.

Yipee, I have found I like black tea! I know skimmed milk is low cal, but milk still has a fair bit of carbs in it (which is why I’d have coffee & cream on keto, it’s much lower!). I was finding it hard on this fast800 with the drinks, but black tea will keep me warm, it’s really cold today!

HH rather you than me,can’t bare a tea or coffee without milk😜😜😜, I did the bowling despite the rain,an old fellow said I will teach you the basics, I told him I know what to do but have not played for over 50 years.I am still aching from exercising in the park on Thursday so God only knows how I will feel tomorrow.I did alright though.It was mostly women when I got there and one said would you like a cup of tea or coffee love,so I had a coffee,she gave it me in a China cup and some of the other women said you must have money if she gives you a China cup 😁.I said she will be disappointed then,next she gave me a chocolate biscuit,then I went out and did some bowling then came back in to a cup of tea,they had lots of cakes and sandwiches but I just had a cuppa.I have joined the club and will have to get some practice in,I paid the full amount so if I am any good I could play in the league’s.Got soaked for the second time after taking Heidi out,and due for another walk soon.

Dave- that’s great that you liked the bowls! And lots of ladies fussing over you- Denise should join too to keep an eye on you 😉! Hope you csn put your feet up & watch some sport this afternoon…
    Just going to mum’s now with sis for a game- will ask for a black tea & see how horrified she is! Then she’ll lecture me…tbh it doesn’t taste any different to tea with skimmed milk!

Might try it later but black coffee,yuk.Got socked again taking Heidi out for another walk.I was telling Denise about all the women,they said I bet your wife is happy I am bowling,but she didn’t say she was.The secretary of the bowling club just called round,he wanted my date of birth and phone number.

I have ordered some bowls so will definitely be going bowling now.Denise said get Drake’s Pride bowls because she was born in Plymouth 😁,she gave me some money towards them for our wedding anniversary in July.I am full of a cold now, feel rotten,it’s obviously flu because I am a Man 😁.Just hope I don’t lose my taste before I have my steak.Still a miserable day here and so cold.Feet up now, Heidi’s had all her walks.

Just bought an Airfryer – does anyone have one? Trying chips in it tonight

Quiet day, garden centre this morning and the local nursery. Bought some cottage garden type plants and a host of bedders but they’ve gone in the greenhouse to grow on and in case of frost.

Caught up a bit on relaxing this afternoon, watched Collateral on Netflix. Felt decadent watching tv during the day

CW

Just had chips done in an airfryer,it’s a Tefal one,very good.Just takes 30 minutes.

Im still here!

Ive been working every day since Monday but now Im off til Wednesday!

Walking Billy every afternoon at about 2.30pm but not managing to walk anywhere different! He knows where he wants to go and thats it! He enjoys it though!
    I think I’ll be doing it for a while longer yet, as his owner, although getting better on his feet, is not up to walking Billy on his lead, hes very strong!

Not managing to fast at the mo, but my weight has maintained. I think its because Im on the go so much!

But Im quite tired. I get to the evening and I crash on the sofa!

Jean, Im glad all is well over there. It sounds like the move for your daughter was definitely the right one.

Dave, I fancy having a go at bowls. Will you be going weekly after your hols?

CW, I want to get some plants for the garden, but have no greenhouse, so holding off for another week or 2. I also need to research which plants are going to be resistant to slugs and snails!!

HH, I never drink tea with milk. Although to be honest I dont drink normal tea that much, I drink green/mint tea. And my coffee is nearly always black too.
    I bet your mum tuts at you!!

Right we have decided to go along to the pub, although we almost talked ourselves out of it! We will be fine when we get out..lol.

Dave, get rid of that man flu quickly!!

Not got an air fryer, hope the chips are good Cakey!
    Dave- hope your cold/ flu goes soon & you don’t lose your taste!
    Poor hubby can rarely taste anything because of sinus problems, he still eats chocolate because he says he can remember what it tastes like! I wouldn’t bother, waste of calories! Just peeped in his Quality Street tub, all the ones I like have gone luckily, so have stuck to the 800 cals!

Yes I hope to go weekly,and if I am good enough I may join the team and play in the league.Cant take anything for my cold so will have to let it run its course.

Evening All..
    A lovely hot day… I had another birthday brunch at the golf club.. another Happy Birthday sung 😂
    SIL joined the club today as a family so we all went up and checked it out.. we had a lovely lunch, wine etc.sat outside over looking the golf course. Beautiful course.

Helped daughter to take the fence around the swimming pool down, makes the garden look much larger..it was bugging her.

Hedgehog..
    That’s an early up, hope you settled again.. I don’t mind black coffee but must have milk in my tea…no fav chocs left for you 😬

Dave..
    The weather sounds awful, Steve is complaining about it too…your bowls will be off I suppose..

Cakey.. enjoy your lazy day hope you are feeling more yourself…

Kay..
    Have some lazy days.. hope Billy is ok and you are enjoy having him… any news on rescue dogs are you still thinking about it..
    Hope the pub went well and you decided to go..

Jean x

Kay- crossed posts, glad you’re okay & just been busy. Have a good few days off!
    Jean- sounds like a great place, & a swimming pool in the garden, my dream! Will Max be allowed in it?!
    Dave- hope your cold improves quickly & that you don’t ache too badly from it & the bowling…is Denise a good nurse?!
    Cakey- how were the fries?
    I am stuck in bed, an unexpected FD as I have a stomach bug! Sick for quite a few hours in the night, poor hubby was hoping to catch up on sleep after the bad night with Xena, & I keep him awake too! Just tiny sips of water so far, would love some tea😢

Still played bowls even in the rain,the man who was showing me the ropes said they have lost a lot of members so joined with the women to keep going,some of the men didn’t like that and left. Can’t understand why,I don’t have a problem with the women bowling,I get on with anyone 😁.No rain today so hopefully I won’t get soaked when I take Heidi out.I still have headache and can’t take anything for my cold,it’s dangerous having a cold after having an heart attack,it can turn to pneumonia and not allowed decongestant because it makes your blood pressure rise.

Glad you’re having a good time Jean, when your post said good evening it’s actually almost 4am here😁.The nurse(Denise) is putting all my tablets into boxes ready for the next fortnight,My legs are aching so will take some co-codamol, could do with some stronger ones now with all the exercising ii do, will order some online and put a note in asking for stronger tablets.

Morning All..
    A bit of a cloudy day but lovely.. looks like rain my last two days.. 😬.. maybe get on with a few more jobs…

Day 5 and Charlie has eaten a full meal and he is full of mischief for Steve.. hoping he can watch his F1.

Hedgehog.,
    Hope your bug soon goes and you feel much better.

Maxi is in the pool all the time, this morning new game dropping his Kong toy in and I have to fish it out, not easy at all.. I have now hid it!!

Pools lovely heated and jacuzzi, 8’ deep in the middle, quite a good size, I may go in later..everything is much larger in the states.. makes my house like a rabbit hutch 😂

Dave.,
    Sorry you unwell too ( I missed that) let’s hope it goes before the holiday… hot whiskey and lemonade by the half pint.. sod the fasting get better..you want at least 4 glasses through the day…

Watch the co-odamol.. it’s so addictive.. Steves going cold turkey to get off his.. can take 3 or 4 months..

Sat having a cuppa watching SIL sorting a crazy path out.. too much hard work grandsons helping.. all happy at the moment 😂 not always..

Jean x

Had rum and hot milk last night, not got whiskey in the house.Dosent matter if co-codamol is addictive I will be on it the rest of my life probably.City just won again,not doing my heart any good.recording the F1.United on TV next.

Morning all!
    Feeling lots better today, just hope no-one else gets this! It’s a bit drastic, but has helped with weight loss! Between the bug & the fast800 I’ve lost 5lbs last week!

Great result HH,I am still feeling dodgy but probably putting weight on,feed a cold starve a fever.I have just gone to the city centre to apply for my bus pass,I was told I have to have a utility bill or I can’t get a bus pass,so much for save the environment,I have paperless billing.She said if you don’t have proof of where you live you can’t have a bus pass.

Dave- life is so complicated now! Hope you feel better soon…

I went back to apply for the bus pass,thus time I was successful,I had a council tax letter from the council so should get it soon.Not sure how often it will get used.

Morning All..
    A dull day this morning but warm..

A bit more planting after Max goes to the dog park..nothing planned later, still very early… two more sleeps before I get back to my boys…after Charlie’s each walk he checks the house out in case I am home.. bless him..

Hedgehog..
    Glad you are feeling better hope no one else picks it up.. 5 lbs is great off not in a good way…I have been drinking wine but no apple pies and ice cream which they have most days.. I think SIL is cutting back so none in the house…

Dave..
    Hope you are feeling better.. I think I have only used my bus pass maybe 10 times at the most in 5 years.. handy to have ..

Have a good day all..

Jean x

Jean my bus pass will be useful for getting the tram to Bury market.Just got back from the gym, absolutely shattered now😓😟she asked how I was after the park exercising,I said still recovering 😱😰. Will take Heidi out again the food then speedway,a lovely sunny day so it will be good tonight.

Dave- glad you got your bus pass sorted- I’d use one alot if I could have a free one, saves on car parking in town. Buses are expensive round here. Hope you’re not too stiff after the gym tomorrow…
    Not counted calories or worried about carbs, not eaten alot but felt the need for some toast!

Toast is my downfall, especially if my son makes some,it smells lovely.Just got home from speedway,we won for a change against Peterborough.

Where are you all today? Having a lie in😁.Sick of my cold run out of tissues,hope it’s gone by Thursday.Shopping later hope I can tastes my cobs😋😋😋. Couldn’t sleep so I got up at 5 for a cuppa then back to bed, just lay there weasing so got up at 9am.Its nice and sunny so I will take Heidi out.

Grey day here.
    One more day off here, which Im glad of as still feeling tired.
    Still walking Billy….

Just had my cobs but unfortunately I couldn’t taste them 😞😞😞. Still sunny here but feel rotten,hope I feel better soon,the last time I went to Lanzarote I got a cold on the first day,so hope it’s gone by Thursday.

Hi all,
    Dave-poor you, I hope the cold goes soon, should be over the worst of it by Thurs…
    Kay- Billy no walkies you should say! He sounds like he has a mind of his own! Hope you have a lazy day!
    Jean- hope you’ve been enjoying the time, not long til you see your boys!
    Have had a busy & stressful day! Went to my friend’s early (they were a homestart family I worked with, but we’ve kept friends), to help her get ready for the filming. It took hours! I kept the littlest out the way in the garden while they interviewd mum, which wasn’t easy as she was so stubborn & kept wanting to see what was going on, for ages. Then they interviewed me briefly, but asked me a different question to the ones I’d prepared for, so put me on the spot! Then more filming of us playing in the garden, me bouncing on the trampoline singing ring o roses & hop little bunnies- that’ll look great!! Lots more shots on their swing, reading…the best bit was in all that time it’s going to be condensed into about a 2 minute segment!! So hopefully not much of me will be on it! Then managed to back into a car when I left, luckily only a cracked wiper blade, so it doesn’t have to be an insurance job, my car was fine, but I felt so stupid! And back home Xena is being really unsettled & difficult again, clearly feeling quite rampant, so no sign of this season finishibg anytime soon…supposed to last 3 weeks, she’s in her 3rd week now!! First time I’ve sat down all day, apart from when my aunt rang to say how worried she is about mum when they visited last week 😞Only good thing is that I’ve been too stressed to eat!

HI all – sorry I got lost the last couple of days. Someone dropped a bombshell on Sunday and it’s going to take a lot of this week to deal with it. the fall out is going to ripple through the whole of church life I suspect for months. Why can’t people treat others well?

Thought I’d have a fast day today – went to a social thing that I thought was just a ‘stand around’ chatting kind of thing organised by the local undertakers…they’d laid on a full sit down meal! Going to just cook for the boy’s tonight and hope that’s not too much damage done!

Catch up with everyone again tomorrow.
    Mx

Minols- a hard situation, conflict like that is a tough one, will pray for your Church…bad luck on the meal too!

Afternoon All…
    A dull day but very warm.. we have been walking in a different park this morning Max is a nightmare on his lead.. he needs more training.

A relaxing afternoon, last evening so going to the golf club for an early evening meal with the family…a bit of packing to start I will soon get that done..

I am not looking forward to the long flight back, I shall try and sleep.. looking forward to see the boys..

Dave..
    The colds hanging on a bit, you should be over the worse by Thursday…

Kay..
    Enjoy your last day off before work starts again.. still walking Billy..

Hedgehog..
    Lots of excitement making the film.. it would be nice if you get on it.. shame on the bump but lucky you got away with it.. just hurt pride..

It seems to be a long time her season, poor Xena .. she will be missing soon her walks..

Minols..
    Hope the bomb shell settles down and doesn’t cause to much trouble.. enjoy your social tonight…

Our weigh in will be a week on Friday.. hope it’s not gone on too much… Steve hasn’t been fasting while I have been away too..

Jean x

Still can’t taste anything, having rum and hot milk before I go to bed 😝.Good job I can’t taste it.Gone through a full box of tissues,hope it clears up tomorrow.

Dave ..
    Poor you.. get better for Thursday
    X

Morning all!
    Jean- hope your journey goes smoothly & that you can get some sleep- Charlie will go so mad when you’re home! A lovely break, but not too long, so hopefully the scales won’t show too much damage…
    Dave- can you take vit C tablets? Maybe they’d help get the cold over with?
    Kay- hope your day is not too busy…
    Minols- thinking of you & hope you can smooth things…
    I spent most of the evening keeping Xena busy, took her out for a walk at 9.30pm as well, that seems to have helped as she finally slept later, fingers crossed.
    Seeing my current homestart family today. Hopefully will see mum later- she’s not doing too well again…
    Not too hungry thankfully!

Morning all – situation still pretty awful, and noticed I’ve got my serious face on all the time at the moment…hate it when it becomes my default face, rather than my usual generally happy face being my default, but the bombshell is not going anywhere fast.

So I’m not worrying too much about fasting, but going to try to have regular but good small meals – ie not get so hungry I can’t concentrate, or that I reach for sugar. I’ve got some lovely skyr and berries and seeds in the fridge for when I’m peckish at lunch time.

On a lighter note, my chores to me past a shoe shop window this morning…shoes I’d tried on and find incredibly comfortable last week but decided I just couldn’t justify were in the window at 20% off. I walked on by…and then thought that actually I really don’t have any summer shoes for the days when sandals are impractical (you, know, those wet summer days that are really common up here!), so I went back. Asked the assistant to try them on again because they were on offer. She looked surprised, no they’re not. I pointed out the sign in the window – apparently it should have been taken down on Monday! Very apologetically, she said they would still honour the sale! No need to be apologetic, you’re being brilliant, I said as I grabbed allt he shoes in the display and ran off up the road…alright, I maade the last bit of that up, but I do now have a pair of incredibly soft leather summer shoes – yippee!

Mx

Well done on the shoes Minols,I kept poor Denise awake most of the night, never felt this bad in my life.Still can’t taste anything and got a tub of Vic out they are both pulling their faces at the smell when I take the lid of but I can’t smell it at all.Its all gone on my chest now and I coughed before and couldn’t breath,I thought I was going to pop my clogs😫😫😫.I will have an hot shower then take Heidi out and see how I feel then.

Morning All..
    Nearly all packed just to have a shower later..
    Going out for a couple of hours, then cut daughter and granddaughters hair before I leave..

Shorter flight back by a hour, wind will be with us.. a book to read and sleep to get into the right time zone… Steves hip is sore with all his walking, time for me to be back.. I have had a good week, it’s good to be with the family, doing grandma things… it’s a lovely area lots still to see…

Minols..
    A good bargain with the shoes… a shame things are still not good and it’s a long time thing.. don’t have the serious face on too long you will get wrinkles!!

Hedgehog..
    Have a good day with your HS family it’s sad on the mum having problems..

Dave..
    Rest up and get better..are you flying Thursday??

Glad to get back to my boys, I don’t like being so far away….

Jean x

Yes I fly tomorrow around 3pm.Had a nice hot shower but still can’t taste or smell anything 😖.My head feels a little better,the postman just called to deliver my bowls and a bag to out them in, Denise opened the door and Heidi dashed to see who it was,I just heard “oh my god” when he looked at Heidi 😆he was terrified 😁will take her out then go to Tesco for my prescriptions.

Dave – showers and baths with perhaps something like eucalyptus or olbas oil? And tonnes of vit C and rest. You’ve get to break this thing!

HH – prayers for your Mum and you.

Jean – welcome home!
    Mx

I asked at the pharmacy if there was anything I could take, she said paracetamol but already on that with co-codamol.I just hope there is some improvement tomorrow,I really don’t feel like going on starting to get warm now😥😥😥😥.

Dave-poor you, such bad timing, hope you feel better soon…poor postie as well 😂
    Jean- safe journey home!
    Minols- serious face is not good 😒…nice to have new shoes though!
    Had a lovely time with my HS family, the twins are so cute. Made more cereal bars for son, picked a little bit but added those calories in. Mum still a bit wobbly…poor hubby has bad sinus problems again, back on steroids, which is not good as it does affect his mood, have been on at him for ages to try & see an ENT doctor again, they couldn’t operate before but that was 10 years ago, things have moved on now. He said he will after our holiday…

Hello friends

Dave – have a lovely holiday and hope you’re better a bit tomorrow. Careful with your ears on the flight as the pressure can build if you’re blocked up. Agree with the Vicks and menthol suggestions.

Hope the bombshell is resolved soon quicker than you anticipate Minols. Without knowing the details it sounds like it could be the cause of unhappiness for people and that’s a sad thing.

Hope you’ve enjoyed your time off Kay and your time walking Billy. Any news on the rescue front? I met a colleague yesterday who’ve just adopted a 7 month old lurcher/whippet cross with maybe a bit of collie in him. They are collecting him on Monday.

Safe travels home Jean. Sounds like lovely time with Katie and the family but also looking forward to getting back to your chaps.

Exciting re the filming and you’ll be interested to see what footage they show in the end. Love to Xena as her tricky time comes to the end I hope. Any plans with your boys and mum for the bank holiday?

I managed first run tonight since Easter Sunday. Been feeling so wiped out. Still not sleeping well and my body clock has gone on strike. But so pleased I managed to get out. I’m due to move to Week 4 but I think i might do one or two more of the week 3 runs just to consolidate things. It puts me back 2 weeks but no one counting except me.

Long time since we’ve heard from the others – Dragon-fly, lynne and Hemmy if you’re reading – hope you’re all well. And any other new people to the thread who’ve lost their way or wondering about joining in the chat – hello

CW

Was looking at pernicious anaemia,my friend who I see at speedway has got it, they was talking about it on tv.I expect to get it because my grandad and dad both had it.My head is clearing a bit now but still no sense of smell or taste.

Afternoon All..
    Sat waiting in the airport.. managed better than I thought..not looking forward to long flight.

Charlie slept with Steve last night, Steve bobbed off before he sent him downstairs.

Hedgehog ..
    Very upsetting about your Mum, hope she can manage on her own. Try the doctors for hubby things do change they may be able to suggest something different.

Cakey..
    Still doing very well on your running…we will be on the same time zone, I am expecting to be disoriented unless I sleep on flight…yes we have lost a few people it’s a shame as you see them as friends over the time we are together..

Dave..
    Enjoy your holiday you may pickup in the sun..just relax and get better..watch your ears in flight..

Minols..
    Thinking of you.. I always like things on an even Keel..

Kay..
    How’s things going..back at work today..

Well back to my boys.. I have missed them .. hoping Charlie is pleased to see me 🐶🐶🐶🐶

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 21,851 through 21,900 (of 35,411 total)

You must be logged in to reply.