Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,977 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 10 hours, 43 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,601 through 21,650 (of 35,464 total)

• Hi all, back from my break and back to work….not caught up with posts yet so hope everyone is ok!

Back on the 800 and short eating window today…

Well done Kay,you joined us.good

Hi all. Doinf lots of walking now the boy is off school. Off 800 until Sunday, but not going overbiard, and eating at specific times rather than grazing.

Good luck Dave, sticking with it, and Kay coming back on to it.

Mx

I had a sandwich so I have about 500 calories left.Maybe a salad then I can still have yoghurt.Denise has a very red eye,she looks like the terminator😍.

Hope you’re all staying strong! Just had 1st keto coffee of the day- hubby made it, didn’t realise I’d have it black, had to be polite! Tummy is rumbling…
    Kay- glad you had a good trip, but it’ll be soon forgotten now you’re back to work!
    Minols- hope your son enjoys his school holidays, hope the weather’s good!
    Dave- hope Denise is pleased with the carpet- & Heidi!

I think Heidi will be sleeping on it tonight,got a small offcut she can lie on in our bedroom.😁

Jean, another tumble with Charlie?? Im going to have to take him off your hands 😂

Boiled up some free range eggs from the village and mashed them up with some mayo to have with my salad for lunch. Eating window started at just after 1pm. Dinner will be quorn ‘beef’ strips and stir fry veg and kitchen will be closed after that! Except for zero calorie drinks.

I cant do 800 every day as Ive already done a stint on it, so Im incorporating it into a version of 5:2 with at least 3 probably 4 at 800 and the rest not counting, but still following the Fast 800 principles…..so still on TRE and low carbs. On my fast days, very little carb will be consumed, def no grains or pots!

Right Neils home, so black coffee time!

Having beef salad, total for day after this will be 802 calories.But very hungry today so may have yoghurt and blackberries.

Hello

NFD and managing to stay off the chocolate, basically cos there’s none in the house so had to resort to opening the shortbread left over from Christmas that runs out of date this month. Aside from 2 shortbread biscuits I made a nice cherry, banana and oat smoothie which I had half for lunch and half for breakfast.

I also did my second ‘run’ of the week. Later than I’d planned due to travelling and late running planes trains and automobiles meaning it was too late either wed or Thursday when I got where I was going. H and the woof did the ‘run’ too so that was lovely.

4lbs down after a real focus this week. It’s the same 4 lbs I’ve lost a few times before so I’m more pleased about managing to eat a little bit healthier and get out and exercise.

Joining in with the hula hoop extravaganza on another thread too. Can recommend it as a fun inexpensive exercise.

I’ll see your puppy Hh and raise you one Golden Retriever. He’s such a mischief maker.

Well done to the 800 team. Forgot about natural yoghurt. I love it with honey so might try your idea of coconut to sweeten it Minols.

CW

I find the yoghurt sweet enough,I don’t use sugar for anything,I put. Strawberries or BlackBerry or walnuts in it.Think I have had 900 calories today must only eat once a day,much simpler to do that.

Evening All…
    All back a 4 hour journey took 6 1/2 hours..Friday traffic we always try and avoid it but not this time…

Charlie has been unwell the last two days, stomach upset both ways, he has not eaten or drunk any water….he could of picked anything up in the country park but step daughter brought a lot of treats and also gave him sprats which Buddy eats…I realised when we went over what he had eaten that Dals are not allowed to eat sprats..we did not have the heart to tell her as she and Charlie fell in love, she would be so upset…Vets tonight cost us £88 ouch, he has an inflamed gut, soft food for 3 days and if he vomits again we have to take him straight back. He has had a sickness injection, we have to give antibiotics and a gut gel.

We have been naughty while away so difficult around family, eating meals out, cakes etc..weigh in tomorrow 😱

Everybody is making me feel guilty as you all have been very good…Kay joining everybody after her holiday..we have a few weeks before getting booked again so we shall be good..

Sorry, you have all gone mad on the posts, I have read them all but can’t post individually..I seem to have had no time to myself to settle and post…

Keep it up and well done to everyone..

Jean x

I hope Charlie gets well soon.

@cakeywakey: good job talking yourself out of a hunk of cheese! Will power – I need a t-shirt that has a big bright WP on it. Yeah buddies.

Jean- big hugs to poor Charlie, hope his tummy is better soon, bet that was fun in the caravan/ walking round the site! Why can’t they have sprats, that’s strange?
    Cakey- Well done losing 4lbs, even if it’s the same ones on & off, better than keep putting it on! Well done not going out & buying any choc too! There is never no choc in this house! 😣 Nice to go out altogether for your run!
    Dave- well done to you & hope that Denise’s eyes are better soon!
    Kay- sounds like your plan is working for you…be careful offering to have Charlie, you could end up with all of them!
    We took Xena for a walk in the park by the river, then along the river, & stopped at a cafe for tea- other than pulling on the lead she was so good! We let her off in the park & by the river & she didn’t run off to see dogs/ kids etc. & sat pretty well at the cafe. We couldn’t have done any of that with Josie when she was younger, but Xena has other bad habits that Josie didn’t have!
    Fasting has gone okay, except I did make the cake so he can take some to work tomorrow- it’s a sweet potato cake, smells great! Halved the sugar in it to avoid son’s spots!

Hedgehog..
    Dals cant have high purines which are in oily fish for one, sprats, liver and offel..the list goes on..I am going to print it out have one here and the caravan..it gives them bladder stones which could be a killer 33% of male Dals can get when older or younger if diet isn’t watched..

We found two pubs and a cafe which were dog friendly, he is very good but biscuit treats help..

Does Xena want to go in the river? You seem to have done what we have done..We have had some lovely walks he is shattered..

Fun at 3am and 4.30 am sorting vomit out, without standing in it 😂..like having a child…he has just had some chicken without tempting him, he’s back asleep now…

Cakey..
    Well done on your 4 lbs off really good..

Jean x

The vet always said give them chicken and rice.

Stir fry tea eaten, slightly later than I planned but eating window was only 6.5 hrs. Kitchen is firmly SHUT for the day.

Nothing now for 19 hours ☺
    Not sure if tomorrow is another 800 or a NFD yet and back to 800 on Sunday.

Dave, have you had your beef salad? Did you need your yoghurt?
    I love natural yoghurt and happily have it on its own but also great with fruit or nuts or muesli.

Love the smell of new carpet too 😀

CW, well done on being focused! I know what you mean about the yoyo pounds! I think several of us do! Lets keep them off and add some more to the list!

Minols, have you managed to say no to snacking??

Jean, hows your ankle feeling?

HH, glad your mum is a bit more settled again.

I was a little sad last night as one of my nieces messaged me saying her daughter, my great niece, was really upset as she is missing Ellie, bless her😥
    It was her birthday and she was upset that our card didnt have Ellies pawprint on! She went to bed with photos of Ellie and was crying…Shes a bit better today but still carrying round her photos. She is 9 …. hard when they dont grasp about death 😟

Kay x

Yes I had yoghurt so over 800🤐🤐🤐

Kay- that’s really sad…poor neice 😢 (&you too xx)
    Forgot to say I have lost 2lbs, which appeared on after our break last week, I am also yo-yoing!
    Tomorrow will not be a keto day- firstly son’s birthday cske which I have to try (!!), & secondly son wants an Indian takeaway- he & I are the only ones who eat it, & he’s been eager for me to try a couple of his favourite dishes- he daid he appreciates the sacrifice I’m making!!

Morning all, & have a good weekend everyone!

Morning all…
    I the spare room bed having been up with the boy in the night… Poor thing has a dodgy tummy – just like Charlie but I swear I gave him no sprats! The washing machine will be on today.

CW and HH… The really fed-up-ifying (yes, it’s a word) is when you have to keep re-losing pounds! Getting started again at the moment is all about that for me. Lose a few… Grimly hold on to keeping those few off… Then try and kick start s few more – and so on, over and over. No smooth downward progression – but I think that’s my age and stage.

So today will probably be the usual Saturday bzcon roll out… And then nothing else until I cook a chicken something tonight… So not a fd but not excessive, either. Hopefully that will make up for last night’s half a Chinese! And I’ll be back on the 800 tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Mx

Morning All..
    A brighter day here…

I am up a pound and Steve’s stayed the same..Charlie has lost a kilo ( in a week)good but not in the right way…he slept in, came for his morning cuddle and stayed in bed an extra hour to us…

No more sickness and he ate some chicken last night, I am really glad they didn’t keep him in, the Vet was talking about it…scrambled egg with rice this morning after a small walk.

Hedgehog..
    Well done on 2 lbs off and going away too…much better than me ..have a lovely sons birthday today..and enjoy the cake …I always like cake, save me a piece…

Kay..
    Ankle feeling much better but still a bit of pain..much better with my walkers on and support..ok though…so sad about your niece always hits you when you are not thinking about them…

Dave..
    Chicken and rice tonight for the boy..none cooked at the minute as he ate it all last night!

Hope the carpet looks nice I think I missed you saying about it…yes always smells nice…

Minols..
    Hope your boy is feeling better this morning..enjoy the washing…mine was just carpet but a double wash…all bright yellow bile ..I got it up on the second clean…too much information!! 😱😂

Cakey..
    Hope you have another run with family company this weekend..weathers much better..

Have a lovely weekend all..

Jean x

Good morning,gone over 18 hours without food, will try and do another six.Its a sunny day here so that always makes you feel better.Heidi got up at 7am and fell asleep on the new carpet at the bottom of the stairs 😁,it is nice and soft.Denise still looks like the terminator👁️.Talk about getting the evil eye.

Just took Heidi out and almost gone run over twice by cyclists on the pavement.I wish the police were as keen to fine them like they are for motorists.Lovely and warm here,under a month to Lanzarote☀️☀️☀️☀️.All the weight I lose will go back on then😪😪but I don’t care.I hope I have lost some weight doing this 800,if I have I will have to do it again when I get home from holiday.

Forgot football is on now,so no food for over 24 hours😇😇. Think I am talking to myself here today 😁

Dave..
    I am here…watching grand national but not too bothered these days..

Don’t starve yourself that wouldn’t do well at all..

Still Charlie boy is close..not keen on rice or scrambled egg…eating straight chicken but not much..he has been for his walks but not bouncy or playing with toys…

Jean x

Hello Jean,City winning one nil so not hungry at the moment.I will be eating soon unless it goes to extra time.I am sure Charlie will be better soon.

Hello

Special cuddles to Charlie, hope he gets better soon. Our vet always says white foods for dodgy tum. Maybe a bit mashed potato if he’s not keen on scrambled egg.

Had a good days so far with lots of steps. H did the park run and I took the woof, whilst he was running we went for a walk and ended up walking further than the runners. I think because we set off about 10 mins earlier we did similar distance. My goal is to do the park run by July.

Food low with a smoothie for breakfast but making tartiflette for tea which has cream and cheese so heavy on the cals but delicious and filling. I’ll just have a little bit and skipped lunch especially so I could enjoy it.

Dave – you’ve done a long stint without food, hope you’re ok and ease back into it.

Hope the birthday cake went down well, I’ll have to look the receipt up Hh, I’ve made beetroot, carrot and courgette cakes but not sweet potato.

Fed upifying is most definitely a word. It describes the feeling towards these few pounds perfectly. I’m trying to break the chocolate addiction. I was eating it every day and far too much of it. Had definitely become a craving. I’ve only had one little bar all week which I savoured with a coffee after late travelling. So hoping I’ve gotten back on top of it again. Menus planned and no biscuits or chocolate bought.

10 mins hula hooping done. Going to ease back in gently and build it up again each day.

Have lovely Saturday evenings

CW

The football is still in the balance,my stomach is rumbling,so hope Brighton don’t score or it could add another 30 minutes on.

Cakey..
    Charlie has been sleepy all day but he wanted his two walks, uninterested in any doggie friends..I was doing a short walk but he had different ideas….I tried potato tonight not keen…straight chicken!..trying with white fish tomorrow..the rice is going down a bit under pressure…

Glad your walk run went well and you had hubby for company and woof…good luck for July..

Have a nice evening yourself..

X

Thank goodness, football finished.I can have something to eat now.

I feel better now with some food in me😋😋😋.It was over 26 hours🤐🤐.

Dave, thats a long fast!! Make sure you dont go too low on your eating, you do need to be eating 800 if you are doing this every day. Its different to the 5:2 where you can do a complete fast.

Jean, hope Charlie picks up soon. Its good that he is eating something and wanting to walk. Maybe tomorrow he will be better. He’ll be losing his weight sooner than you thought! Although dont think he needs to lose what the vet suggests!

CW, you are tempting me to dust my trainers off and see if my body remembers how to run! Although I would have to start from scratch again with the walk/run regime. Problem is that whichever way I go from here, I encounter a hill!! Thats what is putting me off getting my pushbike out, but I guess that the sooner I start, the sooner I can start building up my fitness.
    10 mins hula hooping! Thats impressive! I had one ages ago but couldnt get the hang of it! I used to have a Nintendo Wii with a fitness activity and I remember one of things on it was hula hooping! You had to keep going with the right action or else you dropped your virtual hoop!

HH, hope your son had a fab day and you had some cake. Ive not had any cake for ages….mmmmm

Minols, hope the boy is feeling better. I love the word fed-up-ifying! That applies to me to, as I gained a pound since before my break.

I had a NFD today, so have to decide whether I do an 800 tomorrow to finish the week off. I need to look at what Im working next week and what Im doing and plan the week out. Its much better when I have a plan to stick to, then just need to plan the food for the low days.

I have a day off tomorrow and Im looking forward to not waking up via an alarm. If its nice again, like today has been, I will hopefully potter around outside for a bit. Im glad that all the hail storms have passed!

Morning all!
    Only missed one day but it’s been so busy!
    Jean- it’s goid that Charlie’s eating something & wanting to go out, he’ll be back to normal soon!
    Minols- hope your boy gets better soon too, not a good start to his holiday!
    Dave- sounds like you’re doing really well & I’m sure the scales will show it! You’ll have to be careful when you go back to normal eating or it’ll go straight back on!
    Kay- hope you can get back in the garden soon, & have a nice lie-in!
    Cakey- what’s tartiflette, not heard of that, will have to Google it! Well done with all the exercise too, & resisting the chocolate too! I’m eating quite a bit of the really strong dark chocolate now instead 😂.
    Yesterday was busy- took Xena for a walk to the park & she had a long play with her doggy friends- unfortunately in the rain. Took mum to a craft market, resisted buying much- mum bought a massive almond croissant, they looked so good! Lots of cleaning & work with Xena, then family came over for cake when son came home from work. The takeaway was nice, but really sweet! Not sure if it’s because I’m not eating sweet stuff now, or whether it’s their cooking? It was tasty but weird! Felt so stuffed afterwards, not like me as I don’t normally feel full! But back on keto today, & fasting to repair the damage of last night! ( not a black coffee fast, that’s too much!!)

Hello

Bit dull and drizzly here today. H wants to go out for coffee this morning. I’ve made a mango smoothie and feeling quite full for only about 120 calories. I’m much less likely to be tempted by the croissants.

Kay – hoping to tempt you to join me on couch to 5 k. I’m only on week 1 so would be lovely to share progress with someone. Not sure about how to overcome the hills, that’s tricky. We’ve got lots of ups and downs but I’ve figured out a way of using the 5 mins warm up to get somewhere flatter. We are very near railway line walks but I only go on them with H as they can be a bit lonely and I get nervous. My goldie isnt much of a guard dog. I think he’d be quite protective unless any potential miscreat was carrying a biscuit.

Did lots of job, grocery shopping and visiting yesterday so have quite a free day ahead which is rather nice.

How’s Charlie today?

CW

Morning All…
    A dull morning..

Charlie has been for his walk but he is still not right, shivering a bit off and on, no bounce, not playing with his toys or mischievous…not eating or drinking much at all…I have just cooked his training sausages and he’s hand eaten a quarter, will give him more shortly…looks like another vets day tomorrow…it’s a worry…he still has some antibiotics to take…

Kay..
    Enjoy your day off…looks like you are joining Cakey, take it easy…I must pull my socks up this week…

Hedgehog..
    A tartiflette is lovely…I bought my cheese and it went off before I made it a couple of weeks ago..shame..it’s all veggie not sure on keto…your day sounded very lovely yesterday..

Cakey..
    Enjoy your free day too…a bit of shopping for us, get a chicken so Charlie will join us, it seems the only thing he’s eating..and err training sausage!

I don’t like too remote areas, although I feel better with Charlie, still he’s a softy but bouncy, too nice to everyone.

Minols..
    Hope the boys feeling better for the school holidays…

Dave..
    Go steady or you will be ill….some food every day…

I will get the next quarter of sausage and tempt him….

Jean x

I am eating every day,I slipped up last night while watching the hockey,I was so hungry so I had cherry tomatoes and pickles plus one round of bred and butter.So probably had 1000 calories yesterday.I have had 800 every day except for Monday when I had about 200.I will jump on the scales on the 15th and see how I have done.

My son has just cooked a full English,got me drooling now,but I have will power,roast chicken tonight so I will have to have a small portion and no Yorkshire pudding.

Hi All…
    Getting a bit worried about the boy…
    I squeezed water off a micro cloth into Charlie’s mouth about 4 times as he hasnt drunk any water today…then he got up and had a good proper drink…as if I had reminded him..
    He finished off the two fat pork sausages and then he ate 8 shape biscuits and a denti stick ( which I don’t like but he does)..the first hard thing in 4 days…a good play in the garden..destroying a new toy chasing about….hoping it’s a turning point…

Dave…
    You are doing very well….keep going…

Jean x

Jean- hope that Charlie has turned the corner, it’s horrible when they’re really off!
    Dave- well done with the willpower, so hard when others are eating around you!
    Cakey & Kay- enjoy your lazy day…
    Son came home with more cake; his girlfriend’s mum knew he liked the sweet potato cake so made him another one! And hers is nicer than mine 😂( but my icing is way better!) Been to see Mum to drop off cake for her as son can only eat so much, we ended up playing some games of her scrabble type game- she came up with an interesting couple of words- glot & mauze, I didn’t point them out! Other than trying a tiny piece of cake I’m still fasting, trying to put off altering/ mending 3 pairs of trousers, I HATE SEWING!!! Especially on a FD! Oh, it’s stopped raining, maybe I’ll go outside with Xena! 😉

Hedgehog…
    Charlie’s been active for about three hours…we popped out for shopping so he settled to sleep…he’s had a hand full of smaller biscuit treats, so hope to get his bowels working properly ..

Chicken tonight for us all so I shall give his usual kibble in a smaller portion with extra chicken half and half..see how he goes..

Lots of movement in cakes in all directions 😂..we have had some mince pies from the freezer from Xmas..I am sure you enjoy them more now…mums scrabble, does she find unusual words or are they her own made up ones, she loves her games …good luck on the trousers, I have to be in the right frame of mind especially for trousers…I usually alter a pair for Steve and another three jump in the pile 😂

Walking for us shortly I go about 4 pm ish..

We will be fasting tomorrow..
    Jean x

Got one pair mended & one pair altered, it brightened up so much we took Xena out for a forest walk…I’m leaving all the sewing stuff out tonight & shall see if any elves finish them!
    Enjoy your chicken, Jean & Dave!
    Jean- mum’s words were definitely mistakes!

Hello

Small portion of cottage pie and I’m full so kitchen well and truly closed.

Also did the 3rd ‘run’ of the week. Not sure how I’ll manage with the second week when you have to run more and walk less.

Lots of housework and a little bit of gardening done today.

I admire your sewing Hh, I have an aversion, fills me with dread just the thought of sewing a button on.

Bought a big rug for the study and it looks more homely altogether. Had a looks at lots of options for desk and drawer combinations so got some ideas but the rug has made such a difference that I think just a desk, a new throw for the sofa and a couple of pictures might be enough. Need to rationalise the books I think. I’m not good at getting rid of books even though I never read a book twice and only ever use my kindle app now. Too many author collections but I might be brave one day.

Hope your little lad feeling better Minols.

Charlie sounds like he’s on the mend, hope he’s eaten his halfy halfy tea ok.

CW

My kitchen is also closed too! But not before I had a little bit of cake! Don’t know what I’ll do tomorrow, whether I can do one meal or two, I’ll try not to have breakfast anyway! (Famous last words!)

How embarrassing…
    We took Charlie out for walk number three..nothing on the TV and he is definitely back with us more his self..driving us batty..😂..running across a field chasing smells and not coming back!

We go into our local pub..new landlord and all new drinkers..we were greeted with…Hi Charlie boy, it’s Charlie, oh he’s lovely…..we don’t know anyone but everyone knows him….he’s a bit of a celebrity I think 😂

Cakey..
    Glad your colour scheme is coming together, it doesn’t take much, bit by bit…Charlie’s his halfy halfy dinner, he ate the chicken!

Hedgehog..
    Trousers are a pain in the bum….hope the elf turns up for you…I am fed up of mending Charlie toys my past time now!..he sits waiting watching me..😀

Do you let mum have her strange words in scrabble?..I bet you do…

A late fasting start due to a drink..started at 8 pm..😬

Jean x

Jean, Im so glad that Charlie is on the mend! Funny that he’s known in the pub by people 😂
    Is that from walking him?

CW, it sounds like things are coming together at home with the furnishings. I love it when things get transformed or even just a mini update!
    Because of the house moves in the last few years, I had to down size my book collection aka library. My first cull was just a book or two, then I had to be brave and go for it! Most of the novels went and then slowly some of the non fiction. Quite sad but needed to be done. Even the books I still have, I dont look at! But I must keep some!

HH, your mums scrabble words made me chuckle!
    Well done on the sewing, Im like CW, i even put off sewing on buttons! Hope the elves finish it for you!

Dave, hope you enjoyed your chicken and you resisted the yorkshire puds!

Ive had a nice lazy day. Back to work in the morning. Got 5 days this week, but not full days, not working Tues and Saturday.

Im going to do 3 x 800 days this week Tue, Thur and Sat. So similar to 5:2.
    I need to decide on a realistic aim for the end of the month and for this 2nd quarter of the year, but I WILL end the month lower than I started it!
    Anyone with me?
    Dave, Im sure you will smash it! Minols, this is normally your aim, so are you going to commit?
    Lets stop the yo-yo and whatever that word Minols used!!

We need a plan! And we could do with Hemmy to give us some meaningful words!!

Been very hungry since I had my chicken,but resisted the temptation.Could just eat toast now but will not have any, Calories today 780😁

Well done on the cals Dave and on resisting!
    Perhaps an early night to stay out of the kitchen?

Morning all! No elves! 😢
    Kay- you sound very determined, I am too! Sounds like you have a good balance between enough work & not too much this week!
    Jean- great that Charlie is feeling better! And he’s famous!! Yes, I do ignore mum’s words…hope you stay strong today with fasting, at least Charlie will keep you busy!
    Dave- well done keeping strong last night! I don’t know how you can not have a sneaky peek on the scales after all that effort! Is Denise’s eye any better?
    Minols- hope your son’s better, have you got lots of juggling to do this week with busy time at work coming up & him being off?
    Cakey- hope you have a good week at work with not too much travelling, hope the running goes well too!
    Think I’ll be okay not having breakfast, feel quite strong, I might even manage B2B FD…seeing my Homestart family this morning, & then we’re looking forward to meeting up with a dog Xena made friends with while we were away (& his owners!) for a walk. Apparently they spent the night together in her crate, & he would help hold the dog flap open for her, how sweet! Don’t know how they fitted in the crate, she fills it up now by herself & he’s a retreiver!!
    Keep strong today everyone, whether you’re 500 cals or 800!

Morning All..
    A damp miserable start…early walk this morning as it’s hair colouring day, a bit of ironing to finish, a bit of kitchen stuff…

Fasting for us today…

Kay..
    We must of met people on our walk but I didn’t recognise any of them…or he is having a sneaky pint 😂..we have three Dals in the village but they knew it was Charlie, I think he has more walks…or I just talk to everyone…

It’s nice you have some work this week, it’s a change when it’s altered times too…I must too get more thoughtful now the boys better…goodness second quarter of the year already….frightening…I will be chasing you ..closely ..I hope..

Dave..
    Well done you put us all to shame..

Hedgehog…
    Have a good morning with your HS family…I did laugh a bit of love on holiday, not much room in a cage 😂..have a good catch up all of you…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 21,601 through 21,650 (of 35,464 total)

You must be logged in to reply.