Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,938 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Nanafixit 12 hours, 22 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,651 through 21,700 (of 35,425 total)

• Hi all
    This is my week of working madly around the boy. I still have quite a bit of writing to finish off, but if I don’t get it done by the OH comes home, I’ll just lock myself in the study and batter through. The harder thing is the ‘slow’ work – there’s some reading to do so I can pass it on to others later in the week. And then there’s the absolute busy stuff – getting hold of people, covering commitments that others might do…but if they don’t I’m the backstop for. Still, it should be fun (at this end of the week!)

Meanwhile – book culls…I culled a third when I moved to NZ and a third when I came back. Apart from work books, I now have 2 cases of novels I want to retire with. If I buy a book and love it, I have to love it more than one of those I’ve already selected – otherwise it’s enjoyed and passed on. I use kindle a lot, too, now, but it’s not relaxing in the same way. Handy, though, if I just want to make sure I always have options with me of things to read, without toting around a load of books!

Today is an 800 day…hoping to last out as long as possible, and then enjoy a really good dinner. I may have some veg soup in a couple of hours to get me through to the point of actual proper food…and this in the face of the boy having made buns this morning that are tempting me!

Catch up later – good luck everyone.
    Mx

It’s a fast day every day šŸ¤‘,I didn’t go to bed until 1-30 but stayed strong.I will definitely not be having a sneaky peek at the scales šŸ˜‡ but it will be interesting to do it next Monday.Gym this afternoon,I am tempted to eat now but it would be too difficult to go through the rest of the day.The hockey playoffs start this week,so it will be very difficult on 800 but will try my hardest.Going to speedway Wednesday at Belle Vue then Thursday in Swindon,don’t think I am going to do 800 at Swindon need some food.

Book culls don’t happen here; I re-read fave books lots of times! And buy lots from car boots, although those can go to charity shops, but I’d love some huge book shelves…
    Silly me forgot to see if the toddler group was on, it wasn’t but we had a lovely trip to a park & then a child friendly cafe, (no cake for me!) so turned out okay. Such a lovely day would’ve been good to take Xena to the beach but she can’t do any more walks as we’re out this evening. Maybe do some gardening…still fasting!

I have had a beef sandwich, doing what fitness instructor said,eat a couple of hours before exercising.So may have to change my plans for teatime.

One good thing to come from having 800 calories a day, when I go to normal 5-2 it should be a doddle.I bet I could almost survive on 1000 a day.So that’s a big plus.Its a lovely day here today,who says it’s always raining in Manchesterā˜€ļøā˜€ļøā˜€ļø.

Dave-you’re doing really well! You might decide to stay on the 800 cals until your holiday!
    Just weeded all the gravel over the front garden, when I finished I was bent over like Julie Walters in Acorn Antiques or whatever program it was! Having a cuppa & hoping I can straighten up after that!

Just back from exercising,I feel the same HHšŸ˜–. I will see how I feel but next week I am coming down to your part of the world on a Thursday.

Dave- I think you said you’d be on the coach & will be going straight to the speedway? So not likely to be able to meet up?
    I have just been asked to be in a film about Homestart…if anyone would like an autograph?!! Not sure why I said yes, I hate seeing myself on film photos etc.!

Right… Dinner cooked and smelling fab! Where is that man of mine! Needs proper serving up so I don’t want to start without him.
    Walking up and down the kitchen determined not to nibble cheese or open the boy’s sweeties…

Otherwise, managed the day alright.

Mx

PS impressed at weeding the gravel but get the bent back – it’s really sore isn’t it!

My speedway visit to Swindon has been called offšŸ˜–šŸ˜žtrack not ready.So that will help this week šŸ˜.Think it will be normal 5-2 next week, I will see how low I can go on non fast days.

Evening All..
    A good day for us both kept busy and kitchen is closed..

Charlie has been full on and naughty on this afternoon walk, he wouldnā€™t come back and ate two sticks about 4ā€ long by 1ā€..hope we are not at the vets again…he got in trouble and a smack on his bum, he knows heā€™s in big trouble..he was on his lead all the way home…

Minols..
    I read a book and then it goes to charity shop..I hate to read them twice, we have a kindle on holiday…still we are not going abroad any more…maybe only to visit my daughter…buns sounded rather tempting maybe tomorrow.
    Enjoy your meal hoping hubby is not too late…

Hedgehog..
    Well done on the gardening hope you donā€™t ache too much tomorrow…more fun at the park..

Dave..
    Glad the excerise class went well…did Denise go with you?

Jean x

Yes Denise was with me,don’t feel too bad actually.Food time now

So that’s my 800 pretty much consumed within the last hour! Feel piggish and full – which will hopefully mean that today’s eating window is really short.

Popped down to the office as trying to work at home while the boy is off is realy hard, so I’m going to batter through a few things just now, and finish them off later if I need to, after he’s gone to bed.

Mx

Minols- hope you get the work done, must be very hard juggling it all in the holidays…well done on a 1 hr eating window!
    Dave- well done with the exercise class, hope it doesn’t make you hungry!
    Jean- naughty Charlie again! Hopefully they’ll pass through okay!!
    My kitchen is closed too- no boys to feed tonight! Had a lovely walk with Bagheera, he’s probably the nicest retriever I’ve ever met- haven’t met your woof obviously Cakey! They recognised each other straight away, & had a good play ā¤. His owners were very nice too! Not very good at making small talk with people normally, but having dogs makes that easier! No food for me, looking forward to breakfast!

Hello

Kitchen closed, door padlocked. Was doing ok until lunchtime then was so hungry I had some fruit then Kerzam i felt like I was nibbling all afternoon. Over 500 but under TDEE after my home made soup. Not sure what to call that then. Would say CD but not exactly controlled. Maybe RD – rescued from the brink.

Iā€™m going to occupy my hands sorting receipts I have boxes of them dating back years, just in case. They are going. Will keep electrical items only and the last 6 months of say- single items over Ā£50. There thatā€™s going to be my rules. I might be some time. If you donā€™t hear from me for a week please call my husband.

Still thinking on the bulging bookcases. Feels like sacrilege to let any of them go. But you know what I wonā€™t miss them. Iā€™ve never missed nor remembered anything that Iā€™ve put in a charity bag before. Itā€™s as if once it goes in there itā€™s wiped from my memory.

Anyway one job at a time.

Glad Charlieā€™s bouncy again, little mischief.

Well done re the Homestart video, they obviously value the work you do and can maybe inspire others.

Off on travels to Birmingham tomorrow but just there and back in a day. Makes it a long day as leaving at 6 am and home late. I always used to have to go booted and suited but in the last year business dress has relaxed so at least I can travel dressed comfortably and enjoy the walk up from the station instead of teetering in my heels or carrying a pair of flats. Mind when I say teetering in my heels Iā€™m at the age where that means fairly sensible Clarkā€™s air hostess heels.

CW

You do some miles Cakey.Pleased Charlie is ok,always a worry when dogs are unwell.

I get very tempted to eat more but I really am trying to control myself. some days I feel mixed emotions about doing it all and then I think to myself that I just have to push myself for the better. It really helps me reading the blogs on https://healthandfitnesstoday.siterubix.com
    https://fitbottomedgirls.com
    https://carrotsncake.com
    well that’s my update, I just hope it gets better.

Morning all.
    Another day of not eating until tonight. For the first time in a long time I was really tempted by the boy’s toast this morning. I think today might be tough. Just have to get through – hopefully I can keep busy and hang on until I start cooking tonight.

Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- it’s a long time to wait, especially with cooking for your son, hope you can stay strong!
    Dave- you as well!
    Hope every one has a good day…we’re waiting in for a washing machine man- there’s a bit loose on it already, only had it 2 months! One of us will take Xena out & to dog training depending what time he comes…& shopping later too.

Morning All..
    Looks bright but chilly…over trousers are out for Charlieā€™s walk and long sleeved tee on…

Nothing really planned today, a light meal tonight..

Thinking of my daughter in Louisiana..furniture van is moving all her house things to Houston today, all going into storage, they are staying behind to clean up, sleeping on the floor or maybe at her neighbours house for three days while the children finish school…then to Houston in a hotel for 5 days, then moves into her new house…a lot to do I wish I could help her…she is doing it all herself as hubby working and travelling but home at night, heā€™s off at the weekend.

Dave..
    I am glad Denise is still with you at the gym…how is your daughter doing?

Minols..
    A busy week ahead for you..hope you manage to get it all completed…well done on the 800 day. Well done on missing the toast…you do have a tight window..

Hedgehog..
    I donā€™t make friends easily but I talk to everyone even if they donā€™t speak English….standing joke with Steve….he leaves me two minutes anywhere in World and I am talking to someone…šŸ˜‚..I canā€™t stand bitching people and a lot of people are, I just see through them or I have been unlucky…sad really….rather be with Steve.

The boys still full on and playful..lots to catchup on….he got the post and was running about with it this morning..they have a funny sense of humour dals.

Hope the washer gets fixed thatā€™s one thing you need working..

Cakey..
    A big sort out of invoices and receipts, we do it about every 5 years or so, when the box files wonā€™t close šŸ˜‚..
    Enjoy Birmingham a long day for you…laughted at the air hostess sensible shoes..they come to us all..

Jean x

Lazy morning here as its my day off! Im about to attack the kitchen as we didnt tidy up after ourselves last night or move the recycling!

FD of 800 for me too and first meal will be at 2ish when Neil gets home from work, just a light salad. Tea will be based on using up veg, but dont know what else yet!

Work tomorrow morning, then Im co-walking a labrador! Billys owner has just had hip replacement and he needs someone to help with his afternoon walk, but his owner is a bit worried as Billy isnt good with other dogs. Not sure what that means but Ive agreed to go along with his friend tomorrow just so as I know what to expect šŸ˜‰
    I think Billys owner is on the Autism spectrum so its easier for me to go along with that rather than try and reassure him that Im experienced and confident enough to take him straight out on my own!

Keep strong everyone!

Just come home from Sainsbury’s,all the cobs were looking at mešŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜.I really miss them.I have been constipated since doing the 800,so taking laxatives šŸ˜«.I suppose I am not eating as much so that’s the cause.Fish is on the menu tonight, cod.

Reckon you’ll be about to have your lunch, Kay…enjoy.

Just finishing up at the office, and we’ll take the boy for coffee / smoothie and a settle down with a book on my phone before we head home for the dog walk and starting to prep tonight. Tried a recipe last week that I really liked with pork on lentils…the lentils were so yummy I’m doing them again this eveing with chicken.

Hope all is going well with your daughter’s staggered move, Jean – are you happy to be too far away to be caught up in it, or wishing you could be there to wield the hoover?

Mx

I have never had lentils,I usually associate them with soup so never tried them.Maybe it’s something I could have, Denise doesn’t like them,so no idea what to do with them.

Afternoon All…

It turned out to be a lovely day here….

We went to a Shopping Outlet, I bought two pairs of trousers and Steve one pair…good and tidy for caravanning, longer length so I can wear heels..I have two pair already but shorter for my walking shoes/sandals….

Kay..
    Go with the flow dog walking..the friend will see how good you are…my boy is very full on..4 poorly days itā€™s catchup time šŸ˜‚..three very naughty walks..the afternoon walk he was good..thank goodness.

Enjoy your meal tonight whatever you find to have..

Dave..
    Shame on the cobs…ours was lovely last week thought of you…….

Minols..
    I bought lentils ages ago..still in the cupboard..

Yes I would like to help my daughter, she has loads to do, a dog and three children, hubby…we have moved the other three daughters and helped decorate…I wouldnā€™t know were to start decorating where she is moving too, itā€™s large and very high ceilings in the lounge…Steve said I am getting too old now, it takes it out of me..I will see when I go, not yet, I might sneak my paint brushes with me I would go on my own….he has Charlie duties this year.

Hope you have got some of your jobs done or passed some on….

Have a good evening..thank goodness the boy is sleeping, thought another walk was going to happen šŸ˜‚

Jean x

Evening-
    Jean- hope your daughter’s move works out okay, when will you be able to visit? I hope that the children like their new school this time!
    Dave- well done ignoring the call of the cobs! Puy lentils are the nicest, not the orange ones. Lots of recipes add them in stews, or braise them with pork, chicken or fish…
    Minols- enjoy your coffee, well done keeping strong!
    Kay- hope you’ve had a lazy time & stayed strong too! Will be nice to walk the lab tomorrow.
    Cakey- hope your trip has gone okay. Definitely sensible shoes in this house, can’t walk in heels!
    Xena was pretty good at dog training, we were just about to leave when a lady came in really late, so Nick let her dog & Xena play, they get on well. Washing machine sorted easily, Xena got silly & barked at the man again, she barked at son’s friend at the weekend too, she’s getting like that with strangers…maybe not a bad thing, her hackles are really sweet! Shopping done, dinner prepped, & then I didn’t feel hungry, not like me! So it’s sitting on the side until I’m ready…

Hello everyone, this is very nice to see all of your following your routine šŸ™‚ I start doing dieting but after few weeks I can’t continue for some unknown reason. Don’t know why šŸ™

Hedgehog..
    I will go back end of the year, maybe Christmas run….will be strange without Steve…but his health issues are hard to get insurance, maybe next year for him will be better..thatā€™s why we decided on getting Charlie as we knew abroad holidays were coming to an end….Charlie will be more settled next year, it would be two weeks in kennels unfortunately…

Mariasuleman..
    Itā€™s always hard to start with but you do get in a routine and itā€™s a lot easier…you need a thread to keep with for support it helps a great deal…come and join us here and post daily ..

Jean x

I remember the last time I put Heidi in kennels,she fought like mad to get out,so now my son looks after her.

Dave..
    I have no one who would have him, I think I would be happier that heā€™s safe and canā€™t get out…I am not happy about it but no choice…itā€™s feels quite a kind and happy kennels were I have found, a few good recommendations near me from the dog walkers, the kennels have been there 30 years plus..not ideal but no choice.

X

I was the same,had no choice,it’s just so sad watching them try to escape.

Josie got too stressed in kennels, she came out in hives! Luckily we had the caravan after that so she always came with us, then we found the dog home stay lady- she loved going there, would stop at Suzanne’s front door whenever we went past! Xena is going for an afternoon with the other dog people to help her settle better.
    Watching decorating program, we might do the lounge this summer, Xena can go do a doggy creche during the day so we can paint! Thinking duck egg blue to go with the beige & brown we have now…I feel a match pot shopping trip coming on, I love match pots!!

Morning all!
    I’m fasting today, water & black coffee so far…dog walk with mum & sis later, & a pile of ironing to do!

Hello

Happy Wednesday

Iā€™m joining you Hh. Hoping for a good fast day today.

Starting second week of couch to 5k tonight.

CW

Morning All..

A light food day for us today ..fasting tomorrow …

Good clean needed and windows inside and out, upstairs and downstairs…if I get upstairs done and finish in the hall, I will be happy…we are out tomorrow…so Friday will be to finish downstairs….

Daughter or removal men got everything packed in 7 hours..the removal van will be heading to Houston today all to go in storage for 8 days…they are staying behind to make sure everything left clean, grass cut etc…I havenā€™t spoke to her but she said sheā€™s shattered..I know she had some clothes still to pack yesterday…

Hedgehog..
    Itā€™s a start to think on painting..colour pots will be out….just changing my duck egg blue to grey..I have had it for 7 years two decorating of the same colour…I like it…have a good ironing day..

Cakey..
    Good luck on your ā€˜runā€™ tonight..

Charlie had 4 walks yesterday , we couldnā€™t kill his energy and playfulness, after the 4th walk he went to sleep..

Jean x

Fast day every day for mešŸ¤šŸ¤. Gym at 2pm today so will take Heidi out first.Another sunny day here, speedway tonight so all is good.

Finished my upstairs to hall…had mummyā€™s little helper…no garage day as too chilly…

Popping out for a bit of shopping…need some Velcro for Charlieā€™s coat…food going well..

X

Jean- well done with your cleaning!
    Dave- enjoy the gym! Keep strong!
    Cakey- hope your run goes well, nice to have a fasting partner, & Dave with us too!
    Minols- how are you doing today?
    Kay- hope the dog walk goes well, should be dry for it?!
    We had a good walk, Xena & Arnie played together more than walked to start with, but then settled down & had a good run. Sis showed me a new walk, was lovely so will do that again. Ironing done…until the next lot comes off the line!

Time to go,not had anything to eat so gym here we come.

Back home and feeling very hungry.Thats the last gym on Wednesday for a month,still got Mondays,she keeps trying to get me to do Nordic walking and open air exercising on equipment.I said I will go and have a look tomorrow.Its on Thursdays so can’t go all the time because of speedway.

Hello

Run 4 done, struggling with fasting and had 2 slices of toast and marmite at lunchtime. H wants carbonara for tea. Iā€™ll have a small portion I think and completely upset him by adding stuff like spinach and mushrooms lol.

Still getting my breath back, but I did it.

CW

Well done Cakey! Hopefully it will get easier….I love carbonara, have it with courgetti.
    Dave- you’ve stayed really strong, must be hard doing gym as well!
    Jean- hope Charlie’s not been as active today?
    I’m really chuffed, tried a new recipe for koftas for the boys & they were both impressed, so will make them again, gets boring cooking same old stuff…
    Did some more scent work in the garden with Xena; she did really well as it was windy, she seems to prefer it in the garden but it should be harder outside! Gave her a walk & a game, so she’s fast asleep on the sofa with me now. We’ve bought a Gencon collar; the dog sitter tried one with her & said she walked well with it, will try it out tomorrow. Although she is walking alot better now, persevering with the training is paying off ! Still fasting, kept busy enough today.

Morning all!
    Hoping to continue the fast until lunchtime, but will see how I go.
    Hope the 800’s & others on 500 do okay today!

Good morning,I crumbled last night and had two toast, I was frozen when I got home from speedway.Its a blue sky but only 4Ā°C so still nippy.Up early today, couldn’t sleep and the ice hockey playoffs have started.That means lots of late nights šŸ˜“šŸ˜“šŸ˜“.

Morning All…
    Bright and cold for the next few days…

Daughters time keeping up to usual standard…canā€™t stand having iffy times…she will let us know what time to meet her, we are a hour away!! Cuppa now and Charlies walk, so I will be busy for the next hour then he has breakfast….dogs are definitely easier than daughters…

US daughter is giving the house up at 12 noon today, lounge floor and utility floor to wash and oil her wooden work tops..she is staying at her neighbours house as the owner works in New Orleans and she is not there….leaving for Houston on Saturday and into a hotel I think till Thursday.

We are fasting today..I had a need for a couple of pieces of chocolate last night after out fast start, we both did…not like us at all…..

Hedgehog..
    Always nice to find a new walk..well done sis…glad the new recipe worked well…I get fed up of thinking what to do…must lookup Gencon collar..Charlie has much improved on the walking, very pleased with him…trying to get him to ring a bell for potty, as he doesnā€™t ask…with him living in a flat he had three walks and that was it!…at least he isnā€™t frightened of the bell now, getting treats if he rings it, slowly does it…

Dave..
    We enjoyed our Nordic Walking…hard with a dog..nice speedway went well…

Cakey..
    Well done on your run…..a good commitment..

Good fasting anyone…500 or 800..

Jean x

Come back from Charlieā€™s walk and Steveā€™s working through the downstairs cleaning…now mopping ..furniture all over the place…I have finished kitchen, utility and loo. A good start..
    Really pleased I have a pair of giraffes my daughter bought when she just started flying, I really love them..Steve and Charlie managed to send them flying playing ball šŸ˜¬..so the glue was out I was missing a large piece, itā€™s been found šŸ˜€…under the TV which is a way away…

Windows to wash now after my cuppa ( I would have done them before cleaning but never mind) bless..he has now dashed a hour each way to see daughters new to her car..I have decided to stay with Charlie, a round trip of two hours for a quick coffee…No…

All going well here food wise…

Jean x

Had a sandwich for lunch so only 300 calories left for evening meal.Think it will have to be a salad.Its cold out,I wrapped up well on Heidi’s walk.

Hi everyone – sorry not to post yesterday…jsut got caught up in stuff. We had pasta last night, too. Tried to have a smallish portion!

Just had some soup – thought it would be hearty lentil think left over from the other night, but I’d picked the wrong tub up, so it was just a thin curried veg. Great – very few cals in that!

Jean – hope your daughter’s final move out of the house goes smoothly. One chapter closing and another will soon get underway for her.

Cold but vbeautiful here just now. Cracking on for a couple of hours before I go and pick the boy up.

Mx

I must admit it’s getting hard now after doing 11 fast days back to back,three more to do until weigh-in,then the day I get weighed is a fast dayšŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜®šŸ¤‘šŸ˜Ø.

Minols..
    Thank you, I think daughter will be better in Houston thereā€™s a lot more to do at weekends, there is a forum whatā€™s happening in her area, from canoeing on lakes, dog swim in lakes, picnic, Easter egg hunt, just say come and join us..forests for bike rides, golf, swimming, boys football….there is nothing at all in Lafayette, we were struggling after three visits!..there was boys football..

Glad your soup went well..different when itā€™s pot luck..still low in calories..

Dave..
    A big loss I hope for you..will you continue, or have a break and do it again,…see what the scales say…

I am doing well here with the windows, back done inside and out, front inside done…front now outside windows and garage door…then thatā€™s finished for the day..

Steveā€™s two hospital appointments tomorrow and I think we are out for a meal too, early evening….

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 21,651 through 21,700 (of 35,425 total)

You must be logged in to reply.