Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,981 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 13 hours, 38 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,551 through 21,600 (of 35,468 total)

• I have resisted the burger van,not had anything.

Evening!
    Dave- your turn to stay strong now, with burger van temptations…maybe take a packed lunch another time?! (Sorry if that’s a ‘mum’ thing to suggest!)
    Minols- well done, I’d like to close my kitchen but son has just come in from work! Hope the neighbour’s kids were good! Well done for resisting M&Ms!! 🌟
    Cakey- big 🌟 for you too going on a run! Redeemed the chocolate! Countdown to holiday, where are you going?
    Jean- well done to you too fasting, & leaving behind tge goodies, hope you find some good walks!
    Kay- hope you’re having a good trip! 🍷🎂…sorry I forgot to say well done on the very nearly stone off! Another 🌟 !
    We were very busy so got over the hunger- we needed to fence off the veg patch to stop Xena; didn’t want to spend much on it, so hubby has done all the work, but he’s not up to it really now so has knackered his hands, wrists, elbows & shoulders…doesn’t look that attractive either- the fence, not hubby!
    So just had a home made hot chocolate, used Truvia but the sweetners seem to be upsetting my stomach again now, so a bit grumpy about that! I need a bit of a sweet fix now & then!
    Hope everyone stays strong tonight & roll on tomorrow morning! I’m going to try & not eat breakfast most days, but will do after a liquid fast.

On the coach now, still had nothing to eat 😇😇😇😇😇😇😇.And only two drinks all day a cup of tea at home and a coffee in the services,so around 100 calories for the day

Well done Dave! 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Did they win?

Yes we won so a good day all round.

Just got home so a good day and under 300 calories.Lets see how today goes.

Well done, Dave…seriously good start!

I’m up for a couple of hours – but really hopeful I’ll be able to read myself back to sleep soon, because otherwise there’s a block of chees in the fridge calling me! I m wondering how to do a second day of this, so glad of everyone’s encouragement on here. Helps to break up the day into manageable chunks.

HH – well done to your husband for doing the work…hope he recovers quickly.

Mx

Poor you Minols…hard to stay strong when you’re up that early, I hope that you did get some more sleep…
    Lovely sunny day again here but it’s not supposed to last! Dog training is all we have planned.

Morning All..
    What a wet night and morning …Steve got up to settle Charlie with the hammering rain on the roof he was frightened, then when it started again he came to me at 6 am to snuggle with me…he was on high alert to go to the park this morning but I was only doing morning duties, he is asleep now…we will go walking in the next hour…

Dave ..
    Well done on yesterday…very hard out of your comfort zone and with people….

Cakey..
    We will be continuing with 5.2, maybe cutting odd meals out or doing smaller portions…keeping off cakes and naughties…!!

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your training day with Xena and have a relaxing day…hope hubbies aches are easing…just planning and talking about our trip to Norfolk and Suffolk in May/ June not quite sure yet…hope to catch you it would be nice if possible , a coffee or walk somewhere…

Minols..
    What an early morning time..hope you managed to keep off the cheese and maybe return to bed…

Kay..
    How did your birthday celebrations go…enjoy the rest of your holiday….

Nothing planned today…go with the flow…this daughter never works to time, usually late, it can be stressful, I can’t understand it as I am a good time keeper…🤐 ….she is in bed this morning after her night shift she will be up by 1 ish….see what the day brings…

Jean x

Weather turned out warm and dry.. at the moment..😁.. a pleasant hours walk then a coffee and scone in the parks cafe..oops…Charlie found a lovely hard dog ball, scrubbed clean now as he tries to destroy it.. no chance at all !!

Must take some photos later, it was raining when we set off…the large lake, and ducks looked beautiful..Charlie looked but didn’t venture in…🤞🏻

A lazy read then a few caravan jobs to do but that’s more Steve than me…

Jean x

Just back from shopping,the girl on the till asked where my cobs were😁.Just about to have my first food since Sunday 😱One sandwich and a cup of tea.Minols how you doing? I hope you avoided the cheese.

Took Heidi out and got caught in an hailstorm 😩

How you doing Minols? Hope all is well. I am finding it a little harder today now I have had a meal,I have worked out my calories for today and will be about 50 above my limit,850 so after being 500 below yesterday it’s not a bad trade off.I think its easier if you only have one meal per day.So will have to see what tomorrow brings.

Dave-sounds like you’re doing well; hope you can stay strong the rest of the day. If I do one meal a day, it has to be the evening one, if I eat earlier I couldn’t stop!
    Minols- hope you’re okay?
    Jean- scones, very naughty! Hope you walk it off! Hope you have a good time & Steve’s daughter is okay, I get confused with which is which! Is this the one with the dogs? If you’re comibg this way, we won’t be here May 14th-18th, & also June 16th- 19th. Would be a shame to miss you! Hope you don’t get any more rain ☔
    Dog training went well; Xena was a bit jealous of a new dog who started- a border collie, Nick’s favourite breed, he spent quite a bit of time working with him & Xena was not impressed! She worked hard though, but was so tired by the end she laid down & wouldn’t get up to do anymore!

HH I am coming your way on the 18th April,Aces v Witches.Not sure I will be able to resist the burger van again,I think I go to Swindon the week before when we ride against the Robins.Having a stir fry later,gym tomorrow 😑.

Hi all
    Busy start meant that I finally crashed about 1.30 and ate the leftover lentils and spinach from last night,then dozed off for 20 mins. Lentils were so yummy and I had a wee homemade bun so that will hopefully be me for the day. Waiting on the boy finishing badminton and then I’ll run him home and head back to work.

Well done, Dave on surviving so long. I think I’m definitely best with just the one block of eating and then just trying to ignore the whole concept of food. It’ll be really interesting to see how we cope as the days roll past!

Mx

Don’t know what I will have tomorrow,I have a Kirsty meal cottage or shepherd pie not sure without looking in the fridge.Its under 300 calories,so maybe I can have natural yoghurt with strawberries after it.And maybe a couple of walnuts.This is the hardest time now after food.

Hello – Tuesday check in

NFD today and even after yesterday’s fast I’ve obkg had a banana so far so plenty left over for tea which will be chilli chicken with noodles.

No joint pain after my ‘run’ yesterday. I put it in quotation marks as not sure 60 second spurts can really be called a run. Strangely I could feel it in my breathing when I woke up which tells me probably about my lung capacity.

Can I not tempt anyone in to join me on couch to 5k. I haven’t ran anywhere since about 1984!

CW

Hi everyone

Great to see you all on here! I posted this recently but had no response therefore is there any good suggestions any of you have to help me?

I work shifts and currently follow a 12 hour shift pattern of 2 day shifts 07:00 – 19:00 then two lates 15:00 – 03:00, depending on weeks I can work two nights instead of lates which are 19:00 – 07:00. I then have 4 days off (hopefully).

Is there a successful way of intermittent fasting that I could use successfully, my job can be often strenuous with little or no rest at times other times there can be a long period of inactivity followed by mayhem!

Hopefully there will be a way of fitting the fasting into my routine. Any suggestions will be appreciated?

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark,I used to do shifts,the only thing I can say is I find it easier on fast days to only have one meal.

Kitchens closed – I do like that phrase and the psychological idea behind it .

So instead of talking about food I’m going to ask for decorating inspiration. We have a room that I use as a study when working from home. Garage-shaped with a window at one end. In fact I think it was designed as part of a double garage but converted into a room. It’s a lovely big space and we’ve just painted it cream. It has my desk facing the window and at the other end is a sofa which Woof tends to sleep on. It also has 2 bookcases side by side but you can’t see them as they are behind the door. The room just isn’t hanging together. It needs pictures up and a rug but I’ve held off buying them until I figure out exactly what’s missing. It just doesn’t look right. I’ve thought about a coffee table for example or tall slim units either side of the sofa and I’ve tried my desk on every wall but can’t make it work. I’ve seen so many lovely built in home offices on Pinterest I suspect I need professional design but reluctant to pay sort of fitted kitchen prices for a study.

Any ideas what would make it look finished?

Hh – just remembered I hadn’t answered your holiday question. We are going to Turkey; a few days in Istanbul then to Cappadocia.

Mantra – you do not need something sweet after dinner (repeat)

CW

Feeling peckish now and hockey tonight but I won’t cave in.Maybe brush my teeth again😬

Mark- welcome! Didn’t see your question before, sorry! I guess it would depend a bit on what you normally eat with your shifts- do you treat it like a normal working day & have a ‘lunch’ break in the middle of your shift? Or do you try to keep to what would be usual mealtimes, so like eat lunch before you start a late shift? I personally found nights really bad for being hungry, so wouldn’t want to fast on a night shift! You can exercise on FDs quite okay, so wouldn’t worry about fasting on a work day. Maybe fasting would fit in okay with day shifts & days off, then forget it on nights? I agree with Dave, it’s easier to only eat once, but some people prefer to eat 3 little meals. You can mix your FDs about to suit yourself; I think you’ve got to just experiment a bit with what works for you.
    Dave & Minols- sounds like you’re both doing well, stay strong! Really impressed with the will power so far!
    Cakey- I also do not need to have something sweet after a meal! Have no interior design skills whatsoever- I look at pinterest too but my ideas never turn out right, I wouldn’t like to give any advice!! But a nice change from food! Holiday plans sound good!
    My kitchen is sadly not closed eldest coming home in half an hour & needs feeding then!

LFD – just did some hula hooping and flow wand Yay!

@cakeywakey – what do you intend to do with this room now? Is it now a home office? if so I would put end tables or move the two bookshelves I think you mentioned that are behind the door – put one on each side of the sofa. Also a nice colorful throw OR even just a dominate color throw on the couch can be what you use to inspire color into the rest of the room. With the photos/pictures you hang up (maybe have the frames spray painted for some fun color brightness OR if that sounds too tacky – try matting the pictures with a matching color of the throw on the couch. Usually if you can tie a color throughout the room it will feel more complete. Thats what I find will do the trick (and I’m no decorating master thats for sure)

Up early today, couldn’t sleep.I was getting very hungry last night when the hockey was on so I recorded it and went to bed.Glad I did we lost 4-1😮😮😮.Sat next to Denise who is munching her cereal 🤐🤐. Minols how’s it going?Day three of fast 800,I have been reading the book and it says it takes a couple of weeks for the hunger pangs to pass,it also says when you get to two weeks lots stay on it for ten to twelve weeks 😜😝.It also says if you lose a good amount it will be a good guide that you will be successful in the weight loss.

Morning All..
    A bright day…mixed weather expected…

I have twisted my ankle, Charlie and Buddy charged into me and sent me flying, good it was the way it was or my leg could of broken!…a lot of play fighting, too much really..Charlie needed dominance and he wouldn’t give in, half of one and the other…we will meet again when Buddy has been ‘done’…

We were going to the beach but it’s quite away and I am not up to that much walking, Steve has walked a lot too…see how we go…

What a lot of posts from yesterday..we were in bed at 10 shattered..

Dave and Minols..
    You are both very good and positive..well done..hope there’s some good results …

Cakey..
    Too old to run I wish I could join you…..I think if the room is cream you want a contrast colour, Choose your favourite of the moment and put it into a throw, pictures and a rug…could a bookshelf go near your desk so you can work from it….split them….it’s hard to say without seeing it…I have to get a feel of a room and I then can grow with it…lovely holiday to look forward too…

Mark..
    Welcome…are you joining us….I have never done shifts…but for me you have your ‘day’ whenever you are awake….work your 600 calories into your meal plan..take prepared things in boxes…..sorry that may not help…

Hedgehog..
    It’s funny how they get jealous..I think Charlie was like that he had found a new friend with lots of treats ( daughter)..then he had to share her with Buddy when he arrived..Buddy is thinking who is this taking his second mum off him!!…both were very bad together, good at first got too boisterous..

I will make note of your holidays..it would be nice to catch up…scones (which didn’t deserve the calories) versus 18,000 steps…

Your kitchen should read ‘ Open all hours’…😂

Rabbets..
    Welcome..are you joining us?

Have a good day..

Jean x

Just been checking calories,if I need to graze cherry tomatoes are 17 calories for 5.Pickled onions are 24 calories for 100 grams.Not had anything to eat since 5-30 yesterday so my TRE is good.Its cold here today only 3°C.Brrrr.

The fast book finished.There are over 100 pages of recipies left to read now.I will try my courgetti do dah out later to see how it works 😁.Gym at 2pm then take Heidi out again.

Dave- well done you, you’re doing really well! Is it 800cals regardless of male or female? Hope it shows on the scales if you can stick to it!
    Jean- poor you with your ankle! Dog walking is proving dangerous! Josie & my sister’s dog used to be like that as they both wanted to be dominant.
    Minols- hope you stay strong too!
    I’m fasting today, hoping it’ll be a liquid FD. Need to curb the eating on nonFDs too though, I seem to be undoing all the good I do! Bit of a stressful day- it would’ve been Mum & Dad’s wedding anniversary today so she’s got herself in quite a state, so seeing her soon. My aunt has been on the phone too, all upset about how upset mum is…not alot we can do really, she has to grieve…

Yes 800 male or female. Also Time Restricted Eating.

Hi all… Sorry to be so late. HD an early start with a funeral out of town and have only just sat down. I have a busy evening but between now and then will enjoy cooking and consuming smoked salmon and rice to the total obout 500 cals!

You are surviving brilliantly, Dave. I probably had more nibbles yesterday than I’m happy with but my meal was well under so hopefully things balanced out.

CW – love designing rooms.. Bt always end up with too much stuff in them. My home office would have been the garage – long and thin (like I dream of being!!) so I have a corner desk sort of half way long a long wall to create two more square areas. Bookshelves down at the dark end behind it, and sewing desk on the other wall up towards the window – although before I set it up for sewing I used to have a big old squishy sofa there at the window. Loads of pictures, too. And as I said – it would be great if that’s all there was in there! Good luck!

Hope your ankle feels better soon, Jean.
    Mx

According to the book nibbles are a no no,they make you feel hungry.But if you must maybe tomatoes or celery.We have just got home from the gym and the instructor said you must eat an hour and a half before exercising,I told her I was on the fast 800 and doing TRE,she said if you feel ok the I don’t need to eat.

Hello

Meeting myself coming backwards today. Juggling the car with H, walking the dog, a full days work and a 300 mile journey. I’m hoping I haven’t forgotten anything f as I’m on the way to airport.

FD and so far just had 2 cups of coffee. I did at one point pass the fridge but managed to talk myself out of a hunk of cheese.

Thank you for thoughts on my decorating. I think the contrasting colour is a good plan. I think the rest might decide on what budget I put towards it as to how far I’ll go. Would rather have a new kitchen!

Hope the ankle is ok Jean. You’re going to be in trouble off Steve after last weeks tumble and now this. Glad it’s not broken but still I bet it’s painful.

Thoughts with you on your parents anniversary Hh and as you try to support Mum (and auntie)

Dave and Minols you’re our star fasters this week I think.

Hello to Mark and thank you Rabbette for the ideas. Shame we can’t add photos on here. Mind you knowing this group, it would all be woofs

CW

Definitely dogs🐕🐩🐶🐾🌭

Food time soon😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋grilled chicken with Mediterranean veg.And hopefully natural yoghurt with strawberries, never had natural yoghurt,so not sure if I will eat it or bin it.

Proably way too late, but I love plain yogurt with a little bit of cocnut sprinkled on for natural sweetness (OH squirts honey all over it, but much too sweet for me), and I add some nuts and seeds as well as the fruits.
    Mx

I had it with strawberries, very nice.Finished for the day now.40 calories over.

Love greek natural yoghurt, can eat it unsweetened, very nice with seeds. I have some left over from making flatbreads, might have it tomorrow!
    Well done Dave & Minols again!
    Cakey- well done to you too, have a safe journey & hope you’ve not forgotten anything!
    Jean & Kay- hope you’re both having good holidays, & better weather than us!
    Fasting has been okay today, just liquid (& tiny taster of the yoghurt!). Mum had pulled herself together by the time sis & I went round, she’s coming out shopping with us tomorrow, so pleased she’s getting out.

Flipping dog! Just looked & somehow she’s got in the veg patch again! Don’t know how on earth she did! Anyone want a puppy?!

Morning all!
    Woke up pretty hungry…why can I find the willpower to fast on FDs but once I start eating on nonFDs it goes out the window; already eaten more for breakfast than I should’ve!
    Hope everyone else stays stronger than me! Food shopping today too…

Morning all – sorry you’re so hungry, HH. It’s horrible when you wake up like that.
    I’ve woken up fine for once. At this end of the day, the run down towards leftovers from last night’s yummy salmon pilaf feels easy!?! We’ll see how long that lasts…

How are you, Dave? Ready to not eat again for your TRE? Hope the yogurt hit the spot last night.

HH – I’ll have the puppy…no such thing as a veg patch in my garden! Of course, the grumpy old dog might have something to say about it!

Mx

Denise has just fetched a lovely looking salad in,they always look nice. I am sitting next to her twiddling my thumbs 😁.Not had anything since last night so doing well,it definitely helps if I don’t have any snacks,not as hungry.Speedway tonight weather permitting,there is a huge band of rain on the radar so it could be cancelled, will have to wait and see.

I got peckish so I had one cherry tomatoe🍅, otherwise not had anything since 6-30 pm last night.I used my spiralizer last night on a courgette,so simple to use put it all in a plastic box to keep fresh ,might add some to my sweet potato cottage pie.It will still be under 300 calories.

Food devoured so that’s it until tomorrow.20 calories over,must have less yoghurt tomorrow.Speedway rained off😩😩😩.Minols how you doing?

I’m done, too, Dave. I don’t think I’ve made such a good start as you – you’ve done brilliantly! Planning to weigh on Mondays to try and keep tabs on things. I’ve got another strict 24 hrs before I take 24 hrs off – Saturday breakfast rolls out is a sacrifice too far! I just need to get to tomorrow night!

Mx

I have give up my cobs which is very difficult.Not getting weighed until a week on Monday.That will be two weeks .The carpet fitters texted me to say they are coming a day earlier, tomorrow at 8am😱😱😱.Not natural being up at that time.

Evening!
    Dave- you’ve done so well so far!Early night then as you’ve got to be up at 8am 😴
    Minols- sounds like you’re doing really well too, keep strong!
    Jean- hope you & Steve are okay & having a good trip!
    You too Kay!
    Cakey- hope you’re doing okay with all the travelling?!
    Slightly stressful day again with mum, she was a bit more confused & forgetful when we went shopping, I think because she’s been so upset & worked up recently it’s maybe made the dementia worse, I hope it settles down again…
    Dog proofed the garden again, she’s still been around it trying to get in! Can’t believe how mellow hubby has been about it! Not like him normally, he’s been chilled with Xena! And laughed when he nearly got hit by a stick I lobbed for Xena! (I am not very good at throwing things!!)

Good morning everyone.Way too early to be out of bed but can’t be avoided today 😴😴😴.I don’t think Heidi can believe I am up🤔.She is fast asleep in her bed.It will be difficult sticking to 800 today being up so early but will try and not eat until 5pm.

Morning all!
    Will be a long day indeed, Dave! Wonder what time Heidi will wake up! Hope the carpet looks good…
    Minols- how are you doing today, busy day?
    I’m fasting again, 3rd this week & hopefully another liquid one. Son’s birthday tomorrow so have his cake to make at some point, might be best left until tomorrow, less temptation!
    Going for a forest walk with Xena then having hair done.

Carpet fitter is banging away, Heidi is supervising 😁.I may have a salad tonight not sure.Still 9 hours to go without food😑😜.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,551 through 21,600 (of 35,468 total)

You must be logged in to reply.