Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,947 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 hours, 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,501 through 21,550 (of 35,434 total)

• Kay..
    Lovely to have all the job opportunities so you can choose which way you want to go…thanks for the offer on Charlie shame we live so far away…

Steve’s daughter..a waste of time going..the surgeon said it’s wear and tear, it effects some people more than others, it’s normal for everyone…suggested injections in her spine again, last time it didn’t work…and pain clinic…she really must try and get into work again, she is only 47 you can’t call it a day and give up…it’s so hard…

My back is so very sore and ribs, lots of aches all over, it will take a few days to ease off…

Enjoy your break on Sunday..where are you going?…we go away again Monday…getting close to you Newport, Wales…

Dave..
    Good luck on the 800 cals…it doesn’t sound your thing….

Jean x

Only time will tell Jean.Hopefully I can do it for a couple of weeks.

You can eat plenty of meat….
    How about eggs?

You might struggle if you dont really eat veg, as its predominately protein, healthy fats and low carb veg and fruit.

That being said, I didnt always stick to it rigidly, but I did stick to the 800 cals and longer fasting times. Its about reducing the amount of times you trigger insulin, but to be fair, thats the whole premise of 5:2 anyway.

They say try 2 weeks and then assess how you feel. You will know if its for you or not by then, but its long enough to get past the hard part and then start training your body to switch to burning fat.

8 weeks is the maximum. Well you can do 12 weeks if you really want to, but that is the definite maximum!

If I can I will do two weeks then if ok I will do it again later in the year.i like meat and eggs,I like all fruit except grapefruit which I am not allowed to eat anyway.I can eat aubergine and courgette,peppers.

Morning All..
    Bright but cold…a good day brewing…

I have a fair few bruises about..walking slow but keeping going…Steve is joining me walking this morning…

Fasting today not decided what we are eating tonight yet…going out to buy a small light weight awning and we have to pick up two new toys from the post office, a frisbee and a ball what bounces wonky…

Hedgehog..
    Hope all is well and you are settled in….enjoy the weather…

Kay and Dave..
    It sounds quite like Atkins diet, changing over to fat burning…..I use to hate the bad breath which you get with it..or I did………we are really stable now after 3 years, we push on and not loosing a lot of weight…still we are not putting on…maybe we are what we are…

Jean x

HI all
    For me, it was mainly about the ‘eating window’ rather than what I ate when I ate, on the basis that if the window was small enough I’d be eating less calories than normal anyway (with the exception of M&M days!!) The two weeks I really managed it were great, I’ve just really struggled to be disciplined enough to doo solid blocks of time since. Today i decided to have my eating window open early (!) so I’ve had a lovely big breakfast, and I’m hoping to not eat again today…just suited having eaten only a little last night and worked late. I’ll cook for the boys and then work again this evening, so hoping that will keep me occupied!

Jean – you do sound sore. Being jerked off your feet by a dog really jiggers you. Take it a bit easy, won’t you.

Mx

I am at mother in law’s at the moment in Warrington.She is very sleepy but staying awake since we got here.Not had anything to eat but was munching on walnuts last night so turned the hockey off and went to bed.I have decided to get weighed on Monday then put on here what I weigh,to the ounce,so that way you will all know what I weigh and hopefully it will force me to behave as far as good is concerned.I will try and have one meal a day no snacks so it will be eat then fast for 24 hours.I will try and do two weeks then get weighed again and report back to you all

Evening All…

Fasting has gone well and we are finished for the day….weigh in tomorrow for us and Charlie at the vets for jabs and his fortnightly weigh in…we are not expecting too much with eating a bit while away…

Hoping Charlie has lost a bit, his coat is looking much better and he is looking more a ‘fit’ boy…he won’t want to be loosing much more…see what the vet thinks..

We must pull our socks up if we are having more time this year in the caravan, keep off the chocolate is a must!!…

I feel as if I am walking better but still aching, a few bruises about…

Jean x

Love your intentions, Dave. Might consider joining you in the three weeks before Easter.
    Mx

Hello

Hope the bruises are easing Jean. My woof is so strong that if he caught me off guard he’d pull the arm out of my socket.

On the plus side I’ve had a fairly low day, on the downside all I’ve eaten is chocolate!

HH hope you’re enjoying your break. My skin is good whilst I’ve been keeping GF, thank you for remembering. I don’t seem to be able to get rid of the last bit of psoriasis but it’s 90% gone – I’ll happily settle for that after last year.

Well done Kay for your stone, you’re leading the way at the minute I think. Could you send a bit of your will power north.

I like your commitment Dave in sharing your weight on here so we can help to support too. You seem so determined too. Are you sticking with the window Minols or joining Dave and Kay on the 800?

Hello to Lynne in case you’re reading. I know you sometimes keep up with the posts even though you don’t always get chance to write something.

Who have I missed? Numbers seem to have dropped again – if you’re reading then hello, keep popping in, even if you’re not feeling too motivated.

I’ve ordered some new trainers – I have some vague mad idea of doing the couch to 5km. I have a goal to be able to surprise my daughter and turning up to do the park run with her, which she does each week. Not sure who I’m kidding as I’ve never been able to run. But now I can’t use the excuse of no trainers. There are so many stories of people who say they’ve managed to learn to run even though previously they could even run for a bus.

CW

Minols I would welcome you with open arms,it would be good for both of us.I have read a bit more of the book and may change my eating window to four hours,it’s very bad to eat late at night so that must end now. Three weeks to Easter,If I could do that a nice Easter egg would be my prize😋😋😋😋😋

Cakey..
    What a wonderful idea to surprise your daughter with a 5k run…a bit of practice first…I am getting Steve walking with me he struggles but doing ok..I think he thinks I will fall again but I won’t…on the healthy note it’s good for him…

I feel as if I am always in my walkers now, I wear all black covered in white hairs!!…definitely a dog walker…😂

Dave..
    I would like to close the window…it just won’t work as Steve gets at me if we don’t have our three meals a day ( not fd)..😀
    Nice to have Minols joining you…

Jean x

I am halfway there rarely have breakfast,and don’t always have lunch, except for when I have my cobs on Tuesday and Friday, they will have to stop for a while. So should be easier for me.

Morning All..
    Going to enjoy the weather this lovely day….Vets first then popping to caravan, booking a table for my birthday meal and having lunch while we are there, we will be in the garden eating….

Grass cutting and house cleaning later or tomorrow…thinking about it 😂

We both weighed the same this morning….we are ok considering we ate a few naughties while away…still we did do a lot of walking too…..

Charlie’s jabs and weigh in later today….

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy this beautiful weather you picked the right few days…..

Hope anyone else’s weigh in is better than ours…

Jean x

Gorgeous day here, doing the shopping soon then eat my cobs for the last time for a couple of weeks 😞.I have bought a WiFi camera so I am testing it out on Heidi,I can look in on her from anywhere in the world 😁. Minols are you going to join me,you don’t have to put your weight on here like I will do but it would be good if you join me, strength in numbers.

Hi all
    Dave – I will be joining you! One of the hardest things I thought would be giving up on toast and honey in the mornings, but that’s been surprisingly straightforward. The next thing that I find really touch is the end of the school day/starting to cook dinner window. If I start eating then it is absolutely impossible to stop, so look out for panicked messages between 3 and 5 as I try to hold out desperately. If I can manage a really good meal with the boys, it helps everyone feel normal. I’m not particularly fussed about what that meal is, as long as it’s within the 800 cals most days within the 3 weeks.

At the moment, my weight ends in an ‘8’, and I want to get as close to the next stone turning point as I can.

Off out for a lunch meeting with sandwiches…half a takeaway tonight and dinner with relatives tomorrow. Sunday will be the ‘pulling things back’ day, ready for Monday.

Mx

I have bought some chocolate, this is to remind me of what I can have when I lose a good chunk of weight.Just had my cobs they tasted better than ever 😧.So good your joining me Minols I will always be available between 3&5.I am going to try and eat at 6pm every day I have bought a spiralizer not sure if that’s how you spell it,so I can try courgetti and maybe carrots too.Got to think of food ideas now I like some Mediterranean food,but only a small amount of it so will try to stay under 800 calories whatever I eat.

A lovely pub lunch out sat outside with Charlie..

Got our few jobs done and all up to date….Charlie has maintained his weight…I thought he had lost a bit..Vet said another 7 lbs he needs off, I think that might be too much..we will see….too many training treats 😂..

Enjoy your cobs Dave..

Good luck at getting the ‘8’ off…Minols…I am chasing 5lbs off….

Jean x

I am chasing 4 stone 😁

It’s the long haul for us all…then maintaining which is even harder….We Will Do It….

Jean x

Morning All…
    A bright morning, I would think getting chilly again…

Charlie’s walk and he’s having a shower when we are back, then shower for us….clean up down stairs and a bit of shopping…some packing to be done as off again Monday…to Wales…back Friday..

Going to daughters for lunch for Mother’s Day tomorrow …which will be nice…

Have a good weekend..

Jean x

Nice day here,been out twice with Heidi,no coat the first time. Speedway tonight😁😁😁.It’s going to be a tricky first day on the 800.I will be in Peterborough for speedway so not sure what I can have to eat.

Dave…
    Just thinking of you….just bought a round cob for tonight’s meal…just had the boat 😀….

Jean x

Had a good days sport, watched football then F1 qualifying, next on my way to speedway then hockey when I get home.

Morning all!
    Sorry to be awol- we had a lovely relaxing break, but were a bit worried about Xena ( she got spooked on a walk & woukdn’t come back to them, they caught her in the end so kept her on a lead after that, she was really enjoying playing when we picked her up though). Stuck to keto okay on my break, but jeans still feel tight!
    Sounds like you’re all getting motivated for another push! I’d like to join you on reducing the eating window- this time last year I rarely had breakfast but have slipped back into having it every day except FDs…still want to keep up on keto though!
    Dave- hope you can manage to stay up without eating? Hope the speedway was good too! How’s MIL now?
    Jean- ouch, your fall sounded painful, & Steve too. Have a lovely lunch today!
    Minols- hope you can find a plan that works with meals, hard to fit it in around cooking for the family!
    Kay- good to have plenty of work to choose from, & I hope that you enjoy all the dog walking!
    Cakey- glad your skin is improving…when’s your birthday, you have a biggie this summer? The couch to 5k sounds good, I’ve looked at it, that’s as fas as I’ve ever got! Are you being spoilt today by your girls, or looking after your mum?
    Have I forgotten anyone, sorry if so?
    Have some flowers from youngest, eldest working today so won’t see him later- I did say not to buy presents, don’t want any chocolate!! Have found some 100% dark chocolate I’ve treated myself to though, very low carb! Big sis is taking mum out today, will pop in & see her but don’t have to cook for her, so I have a rest!!
    Have a good day everyone!

Morning All..
    A lovely bright day…but will get wrapped up for our walk…

My heel work seems to have clicked with Charlie..hopefully..on our way back from our morning walk yesterday, I clipped the expandable lead back on near the road..he fell into heel position without being asked and walked back home…( sausages may of helped as he reminded me they were in my pocket 😂)

Going to daughters after she gets back from church for lunch, just a couple of hours as she and hubby are going to confirmation classes at 4pm..

Hedgehog..
    I am pleased Xena settled and you had a lovely break, the weather has been excellent…we are going away tomorrow so packing again…see step daughter and Buddy….back Friday…I am badly bruised but back to normal…chocolate sounds interesting at 100% chocolate you will only need one piece, suck it slowly..😀

This boy of ours as missed his hours sleep..he needs a push for his walk…

Jean x

Off on my birthday break!

Didnt manage to crack the stone off from Jan, but made 13lbs!
    No diet for couple of days but will join in with 800s and short eating window on Wednesday!

Kx

Kay..
    Enjoy your break and birthday..

Well done on the 13 lbs off it is a good loss..so annoying so close and 1 lb from Januarys goal…

Weather not great this next week I am packing a mixture of clothes…..we will be fasting Monday and I think Friday our travelling days…..with weigh in Saturday…..see how we go…difficult with family about…

Hoping for Wi-fi…and phone signal..

Jean x

The batteries have gone on my scales😮so I went on Amazon last night and new ones came this morning. It will be difficult tomorrow sticking to 800 calories,going 155 miles to Peterborough for speedway.All they sell usually is burgers and hot dogs,I don’t like hot dogs so it’s burger or nowt 🤐.I have booked on the coach to go to Swindon Ipswich and Wolverhampton also so going to be very testing.Weatherwise it’s a lovely day here,not had anything to eat yet but seeing it’s my last day I will be doing 😀

HI al
    Had a lovely time with husband’s family over yesterday…didn’t eat TOO much!

Jean – I’m with your daughter tonight – new members group ready for Easter Sunday, so not having an evening meal with the boys.

Glad you’re getting a break, HH.

Dave, glad ou got the scales sorted out. I’m aiming for 8lbs…then the rest. Havve to keep small steps in mind. Looking forward (!) to getting stuck in tomorrow.

Mx

Hello

Had an early night last night, about 9:45 the doorbell went – it was my youngest who’d driven up to surprise me for Mother’s Day. Had a lovely day with lunch out, visited my MiL and then to my sisters for tea with my own mum and dad. Youngest here for less than 24 hours and has a long drive back tonight. Miss them but what a lovely surprise.

Feels like a good day to start to focus – Monday, 1st is the month and a new quarter. New trainers arrived – have tried them on and they seem to fit well. But that’s quite enough for one day, don’t want to over do it!

CW

I have just got new trainers too.Just had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding 😋.The hard work starts tomorrow, batteries in scales and working fine.Time to wash the pots then take Heidi out

Evening All..

We had a lovely afternoon at my daughters, she put a lovely spread on but a buffet, you tend to eat too much…just had beef sandwiches this evening.

A good walk with Charlie his walking to heel is coming on very nicely, even off his lead ( sausages!) 😂

All packed for tomorrow just fresh stuff to do…must move early as a hair wash day, early walk, away before 10 if we can…

Dave..
    Enjoy your speedway tomorrow..hope you can do the food wisely……a good picture of your Yorkshire pudd, considering you are a Lancashire lad 😂…good luck on the scales..

Minols..
    I would of thought meetings would be through the week…a busy day for you on a Sunday….

Cakey..
    What a wonderful surprise your daughter arriving…a lovely thought…a busy day for you with lots of family about…looks like April the first is kick starting us all….

Jean x

I don’t know what I weighed on my last weigh-in,so tomorrow will be a fresh start.I wrote all my weigh-ins down but have got thrown away 🙄🙄.I can’t decide whether to have something to eat before I go to Peterborough or see what I can get there.

Dave- good to have new scales to start the new diet & week! Hope the roast beef was good…keep you going today?!
    Cakey- what a lovely surprise that your daughter came! Sounded like a lovely family day. Hope the trainers don’t sit in the cupboard!! (Like mine are…)
    Jean- sounds like you had a good day too. Does your US daughter send you a card for the UK mother’s day date or the US one? Hope you get packed okay & have a safe journey!
    Minols- a lovely day for you too with in-laws , hope the evening meeting went well too. Hope the new month goes well food-wise!
    Kay- happy birthday & have a good trip!
    Black coffee this morning 😢 tummy is rumbling already! Going to be very hard today!

Morning All..
    A lovely day…our walk and then pack last few fresh things…

Running a bit late hope I don’t catch the other dog walkers to chat too….not today..

Hedgehog..
    I got a text from America but card comes I think June…she has no cards to buy at the moment…she is busy preparing for her move in about 14 days..I think she has to go in a hotel for a few days on change over…sold and moved in a month a lot quicker than here….

Good luck on the new month start for everyone…🤞…for us all…I shall try too…we are fasting today…

Jean x

Morning all
    Thanks for the reminder of the date/quarter motivation for a fresh start, CW…inspiring!
    So – are we ready, Dave? I think there are a few others joining us on this first day at least. Is that you fasting, HH?
    I was premature in declaring my ‘figure’ for the start of this race to Easter – popped on the scales this morning, and my weight now ends in a ’10’! Don’t expect to get to my first stone ‘turnover’ figure by Easter, but if I can jump start things into this quarter, I’ll be happy.

What’s your strategy for the day, Dave? What time’s the Speedway? What time will you be having your one meal / burger?

I’ve got a couple of things with kids today that will be a welcome distraction, and a load of writing to get done and make decisions on this afternoon, so hoping that will get me through until the next dog walk at 3. Then it will be a bit more work at home, some sewing and piano practice I think before I start a pork and lentil recipe – aiming to eat at 6pm. Still tired from losing the hour of sleep so hoping for an early night to block temptation!

Have a great break, Kay – an really well done on your ‘nearly stone’! Thrilled you got that done. Dave and I will get started on the 800 for you just now and we’ll see you on Wednesday.
    Mx

Hungry 😞!

Me too!

And lacking inspiration…

And cold…

And tired…

But we can do this!

Good afternoon ladies.My starting weight for 800 fast.

I am six foot one tall
    I weigh 135.4 kg
    298.4 lbs
    21-5 stone’s.
    Not sure what to eat if anything,I get on the coach at 3pm.Its about a three hour drive,the speedway starts at 7-30 I think.Dont know how many calories a burger has so might not eat at all, just having a cuppa then will take Heidi out.

Come on girls,it’s all in your mind,think positive.Not had anything to eat.I checked calories in a burger, about 600 in a big Mac.So I may try not to eat at all,if I can’t I will see what is on offer at Peterborough.

Spent a wee while trying to work out the cals in a tiny packet of M&Ms I found at the back of my desk drawer, then realised I didn’t really feel hungry anymore, just a bit blah. So I’ve put the M&Ms back…I like them, but not so very much it’s worth eating them. I won’t feel any better, so I’ll keep feeling like I do now and press on with writing the next thing that needs completing.

Thanks for your encouragement, Dave.

Was it Hemmy or Audrey who always used to say ‘together we can do this’? You’ll remeber, Jean.

Mx

If it m&m chocolate it’s 219 calories for a 45gram pkt.All the details are on nutracheck.

People eating on coach😫 still feel positive.

Hope the temptation isn’t too much for you, Dave.

Came home earlier than I’d hoped to look after the neighbour’s kids, so Ivve got tomorrow’s ragu sauce made. I’m about to start on the lentils for tonight’s dinner and let radio 4 distract me. Feel alright… But tomorriwvs dinner smells fabulous!

How’s everyone else doing?
    Mx

Just stopped at service station,got a coffee 90 calories, that’s all I have had today.

Hello

Monday evening – haven’t managed a fast day due to the chocolate that made me eat it. But that’s all I’ve had apart from 2 coffees. So the question is do I stop now as I’ll stay within 500 Ior eat the nice healthy baked potato I’d planned to have.

However the trainers did go on! I did the first ‘run’ which consisted of
    – Walk 5 mins
    – run 1 min, walk 90 seconds – repeat 7 times
    – Cool down walk 5 mins
    I managed it ok, not sure I could do much more but have to do that twice more this week before increasing it. Took the dog with me which was interesting. He thought it was a terrific joke and bounced along beside me. Then got fed up of not being able to stop and sniff, then seemed to get into the hang of it. Mind I thought I was running and he seemed to be trotting beside me, barely faster than a walk – but he does have 4 legs!

As I’ve been typing this I’ve decided to forgo the baked potato and call it a fast day.

Hope you stay strong during your trip Dave – have you ever taken snacks with you rather than have to resist the aroma of the burger van?

Well done Minols and Hh hope the hunger pangs went away.

Feeling the group support today – you’re right, together we can do this – think it was Hemmy?

10 weeks to my holiday and counting (and until I’m 50).

CW

Hi all…
    Kitchen is now closed. The creamy lentil thing was delicious. Feel nice and full.

Hope the speedway is good tonight, Dave.

Well done, CW, on your fast day.

Mx

Evening All…
    We are here and settled in..a bit later than normal about 4.30..I like to be earlier as there are a choice of pitches…still we are ok…

We have finished with food for the day now…not really thought of being hungry as busy…

Step daughter is calling on her way to working nights for a brew then she is off work while we are here…

It’s been lovely and warm down here walked out in tee shirt and trousers in the park ..must remember shorts next time…

Lots of support on here today, like the old days…..everybody seems to have done very well and strong…is everyone doing 800 cal days and short window? No one doing 5.2?

Difficult for us this week but I will be thinking what I am eating..can’t say for Steve..wine has been left behind and no baking brought with us..I really would like to get back serious on 5.2 instead of coasting on and maintaining…Friday will be our next fasting day…

Think it was Hemmy with her quote…

Oh dear I have the boy crying to go back in the park, we have only been back a hour!!…maybe later…

Jean x

Well done Minols and those who’ve closed their kitchen tonight already. Mine too.

Jean – I’m sticking with 5:2 it’s what I know best but watching the 800 and the window options with interest. I read up about the 800 but a lot of the food on the Mediterranean diet are on my list to not have with whilst following the auto immune so I’ll continue with that. I think.

CW

Viewing 50 posts - 21,501 through 21,550 (of 35,434 total)

You must be logged in to reply.