Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,981 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 8 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,201 through 21,250 (of 35,468 total)

• Morning All…
    A lovely start again…Steve taking his second bike for a MOT he has decided to try and sell it and only have his smaller one for fun…

A good walk while he is out… the weathers on the change….

Looking at some help today with some Charlie training…seeing what the cost is…short lead walking and jumping up when he’s playing is the main things…Steve is in shreads with his bleeding….

Dave…
    You are on Asprin that’s the problem with bleeding…Steve can bleed for three or four hours replacing plasters a few times…those stands are good especially for the older dog.

Hedgehog..
    Zenas class seemed to go well…nearly…at least the lead walking …Buddy after a year returning off lead has decided he only comes back when he wants too, no treat he won’t bother!

Kay..
    Good luck with today and tomorrow hope you can keep busy and keep the food out of your head 😂

I can’t understand all the fires again on Saddleworth moor…it must be soggy…my garden and out on walks is all muddy.

Loads of ironing for me today and cleaning I suppose ….all fun….

Jean x

Hi all – quick correction to a misunderstanding – old dog is not 20+…wanting to walk for 20+ mins when he’s not supposed to! Used to be able to go all day, but back really too weak. He’s 13 and a quarter – which is older than average for the breed.

Gong break my fast quite soon with some nuts. Tonight will be home-made baked beans…could be a windy night in the north!

Mx

Only had coffee with milk so far today. Going to wait til 1pm til breaking my fast.
    Been busy doing chores with the radio on. A few more things to do then a relaxing afternoon.
    Not sure what to plan for tea. Will see what needs using up and have a rummage in the freezer!

I might have baked beans too,only had one cup of tea so far today.Going to exercising class in a minute,so will be aching later.Then I have to take Heidi out,will crawl round with her.

Back from exercising, shattered 😥😥they are doing a free weight loss program for 12 weeks so I signed up for it.Just having a cuppa then I will take Heidi out.

Wondering what diet they will advocate Dave??

Still lovely out there 🙂

Afternoon All..
    Bike past his MOT…I had another good walk today seeing the weather may break tomorrow…it’s so lovely with no one about..

Bought another three throws, one for Charlie’s bed and the others to go on the sofas, replace when washing the ones which are on…some plastic tubs for his dried food and biscuits.

Steve joining me tonight for his walk…I don’t think he is too well, waiting for doctors appointment in two weeks!!

Dave..
    You worked hard in your excerise class and you can manage Heidi’s walk later…the diet plan will be interesting…

Minols..
    Thought the old dog was going very well 😂…..enjoy your food later…

Kay..
    Hope you enjoyed your day off and you have finished a few of your jobs..

Keep strong fasters…we will be fasting tomorrow..

Jean x

Don’t think it’s a diet plan has such,but I could be wrong.Heidi was keen to go out.Didnt meet any of her friends.

Really enjoyed my beans – homemade with bacon bits and onions and garlic…yum! Off to talk to a couple who want to get married tonight – talking to them tonight, not marrying them tonight!

mx

Just had my beans with an omelette on toast.Heidi been out for the second walk so shoes off now.

Finished the day around 800 cals and having an early night as still feeling tired!

Morning all.

Drum roll please…after losing 1lb a month for the last few months, in February I lost….4lbs! At last! Really hoping this is the kickstart I needed to get things shifted!

I have a really tricky day today with some really tricky people in a really tricky situation, so need to be on the ball This means I am going to have a proper lunch, and a light tea (left over beans – yum!) – the last thing they need is me being grumpy or a bit unfocussed.

Right – now to put my good news on the tracker!

Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- Yay, well done with 4lbs off, it helps to switch something obviously! hope today goes well- & that you’re not windy in the tricky meetings, although that could be an icebreaker!!! 😂
    Jean- stopping jumping up will take time at Charlie’s age- you can turn your back, put a knee up, or we resorted to a small water pistol for Josie which stopped her straight away, but Xena doesn’t mind that! She’s not so bad for jumping thankfully. Enough bad habits with her!! Hope that Steve feels better soon- is his breathing still troubling him?
    Kay- early starts are a killer for me when trying not to eat, feel for you! Hope it stays dry so you can keep tidying the garden…
    Dave- hope that you’re not too stiff today, great that you can do the exercise classes! How’s Denise?
    Yesterday went well- had a H-S meeting, was asked for a volunteer’s input as they were reviewing the vision statement & future goals, was quite interesting. The weather was beautiful for doing Dad’s ashes, Aunt was very pleased to have been able to come. They came round for a Chinese with us in the evening- it sounds daft but that was harder; my aunt has so many similar mannerisms to dad that I’d not really noticed before (& the same nose, poor Angela!), plus the Chinese was Dad’s favourite thing, he’d spend ages planning it all & eating it!
    On the positive side I avoided the rice & noodles, so was as low carb as it could be, but I’m sure there’s sugar in the sauces…so I’ll attempt a FD today.(Ibuprofen I’ve been taking for my pulled back has upset my stomach, so it’s gnawing…) Shopping today as well, H-S family have cancelled again…

Morning All..
    A misty start here…
    Fasting today and a bit of Lidl shopping to do…ironing still hasn’t been done…I seem to have no time at all…a bit of lead training too..

Charlie is really settled now and part of the pack…he sleeps from 6 pm with a nudge to potty at 10 pm under protest and to bed..wake up time is 7 am for his morning cuddle with our cup of tea…changed him over to all biscuits now, too many people were saying get him off the wet food…

My weight is up slightly so expecting maintaining tomorrow after walking 43 miles last week I thought there would be better movement…Charlie is keeping us away from cafes!!…you would think that would help too 😂

Minols..
    That’s great news 4 lbs off well done…hope your tricky day goes well…

Hedgehog..
    Any tips more than welcome on the training…he just gets so excited and uses his paws like a cat 😂…Steve isn’t well at all, breathing is bad, waiting to see heart and chest man, also to go on a tread mill, seeing doc about chest X-ray results another 10 days for his appointment, he has been recalled to surgery. ..as he says a gun would settle him…

It’s nice your day went well for your Das ashes, the weather was lovely…I can understand how you got upset…all was well with your Aunt and stay over …you are all grieving together….

Jean x

We’ll done on the weight loss Minols,a good loss.I ache a bit this morning but not too bad,it was a 3am bedtime and it will be the same again tomorrow 😴😴😴😴.Got to take my son to the airport in an hour,he is off to Berlin to watch ice hockey for a few days.Its been raining here so a bit cooler, Denise has got the fire on after not having any heat at all the last few days.Her knee is still bad,not her bionic one,the other one,she is being referred to pars in a fortnight so maybe she could come with me to do exercising.

Manchester airport a rip off,I dropped my son off and it cost £3 just to open the door to let him out.Fast day going ok getting a little peckish now.

Afternoon All…
    Damp day not very nice…we have rain later..

Fast going well having lamb chops and salad ….taking the pup out for his walk soon, we have been playing off lead in a field this afternoon, he was good boy….so maybe not as long walk as usual.

We have changed his kennels for July found a nicer one, we got our deposit back which was good.

Got my cleaning and my ironing done so that’s a bonus…a couple of pups toys mended then one had to be thrown away..

Dave..
    Manchester airport is a nightmare it just gets worse…I like Berlin a lovely city.

Jean x

I may go with him next time, never been to Germany,his flight is delayed so he is having something to eat.Hope I can find where to park at airport,so much building going on it all looks different.We go to meet and greet,much better than jet park.

Evening!
    Jean- well done with getting some jobs done! We wore Xena out with a new ‘flinger’& ball, got my ironing done too!
    Dave- airports, they all seem to be doing building work!
    Kay- hope you’ve been okay today?
    Minols- how eas the meeting?
    We met a puppy today who Xena had played with months ago- & they recognised each other!! Fd gone okay, felt really hungry earlier but not so bad, so it’s been a liquid one today…feel like I’m growing though, jeans are getting tighter not looser?!😣😞

Evening All..
    All gone well for the day….weigh in tomorrow…

Dave..
    Strange we always use jetparks..we used meet and greet once they stole about two gallons of diesel out of the car, we had photographed the dash board, car had only drove 4 miles…Steve would never use them again.
    Too much in the papers about them…there was a Range Rover which was used all over Manchester for days and it hit a bus, they denied it had happened but it had a tracker on it and they were taken to court. Be careful.

Hedgehog..
    You must be getting thinner you are doing well…fancy Zena remembering her friend, that’s nice…we had our flinger and ball, they are good…good excerise for them…trying to contact another dog trainer, the other one didn’t get back to me so fingers crossed this time…

Jean x

The meet and greet you are on about is not the one I use there are a couple.You drive up to the carpark which is inside the airport,go through a security gate,you speak to them at the gate and they tell you which bay to park in,then you take your keys to an office,and walk to the terminal,about 100 yards.used them for a long time never had a problem,did the same as Steve took a photo of odometer,always ok,jet park you can spend ages finding a space.

We went through the security gate,then to the marked bays maybe things have changed now or we were unlucky
    X

There are a two or even three meet and greet,one you pull up outside the departure and they drive it away,the one I use you park and walk to departures.You virtually just cross the road included where taxis are .

I used to always use an off site car park where they bus you in and out, but its a while since Ive flown from Mcr airport, in fact its a while since flying anywhere!!
    We havent wanted to leave Ellie in kennels these last couple of years and with all the house moves, its been a while…

Been busy working and pottering at home.

Last couple of days have been ok eating wise but I dont know what the scales will say in the morning. Im hoping to lose the pound I put on last week…lol

Minols, well done. Certainly pays to mix things up a bit. Hope todays trickiness wasnt as tricky as you anticipated.

Jean, surely all the miles walking you are doing, must be helping. How often does Charlie go for a walk? Are they all long ones?
    Poor Steve, he must be fed up. Its still a wait for next appt etc.

HH, glad it was a fine day for the internment and hope it helps your mum a bit.

Dave, sounds like your exercise is going well. Is Denises ‘other’ leg bad enough to be made bionic like the other one?

Bed time, working in the morning x

Morning all!
    Woke before Xena this morning, hungry after my FD I think, often seems to happen!
    Feels like I’m running a hotel- eldest was home for dinner last night, drained the hot tank for his bath as usual, when we went to bed we realised he’d gone out (we didn’t even hear him go!), & as his work uniform was gone, he was obviously staying at his girlfriend’s, he didn’t tell us!! He turns 20 next month, so can’t call him a teen any more!

Morning all.

Ate more yesterday than I’d hoped but the good thing about being really strict is that when you go over you’re usually still below a ‘normal’ day’s food! Today is my official day off… But still not planning to go crazy.

Up most of the night unwinding my brain after the too long meeting. Thank goodness I had a backlog of masterchef!

Jean… All the walking may not immediately effect weight but it will effect tone and eventually that should effect your metabolic rate… My theory! Look out for a lovely delayed loss!

Mx

Morning All..
    A dismal day for the 1st March…

Weigh in for us …both the same…I always believed excerise is healthy but not for weight loss….43 miles walked last week!…and no cafes!

Well push on keep going…it will move in it’s own time…😂

A hair cut for Steve this morning before our shower…then pup walk…waiting in for a parcel of Charlie’s food to arrive….Steve coming later with me for off-lead re-call training, it freaks me out..think I have found a good spot..see what he thinks…

Kay..
    I thought the walking would help..15,000 to 18,000 steps a day!!…he has two walks, about three miles each,
    I extended a couple to about 5 miles as the weather was so nice and then sometimes a play afternoon for 20 mins in a field as he looses interest as smells grab him.

Hoping the scales are kind this morning for you…again you have been busy this week.

Hedgehog..
    I know how you feel about running a hotel….it’s the making of beds and food, it’s the rushing of wind through the house and emptiness when they have gone 😂….I got which you won’t..tweezers missing, nail varnish remover missing, deodorant missing all on their dressing tables that use to annoy me big time….still you miss it when they gone…untidy rooms to tidy, I shut the door then I didn’t know 😂

Minols..
    I am with you …hoping for a delayed weight loss 😂…all the riding and walking you do…you should be a size 8 !! You wish….me too…your plan is going well…

Jean x

Well pleased..walked Charlie down our route, when turning back home took him off the lead for just under a mile..he was a good boy..maybe my sausage in my pocket helped 😂
    X

Good afternoon just took Heidi out and she met one of her friends Bella,a little terrier.Put Heidi’s good and water on the new food stand and she wouldn’t eat a thing had to throw her tuna away.Put some meat in her dish and filled it with water,she had a quick nibble and drink.The scales were kind,I lost 3lbs.

Dave, well done on 3lbs!
    Heidi doesnt like change by the sounds of it!

Jean, sounds like you have a handle on Charlie, keep it up!
    It developed into a lovely day here. Not quite like it was earlier in the week but much better than I thought it was going to be.

HH, I bet Xena wondered what was going on with you up before her!!

I lost 1 lb, but sadly its the pound I put on last week 😂

Hopefully I can get into more of a routine next week, not working as much.

Not watching what I eat today, day off, and Im about to eat a nice meal of pan fried Plaice and vegetables, with a shared bottle of Cremant de Loire!

Working again tomorrow, but only for a couple of hours, then day off Sunday ans working Monday.
    Neils been off today and is off tomorrow but working earlies Sunday and Monday. Its unfortunate as we are going to charity pub quiz on Sunday evening, so we will have to come straight home as soon as quiz finishes. Well I dont think we will be be able to help our team much anyway, so maybe sloping off before the end will be a good move 😳

Missing Ellie tonight…it seems to come in waves, when Im not expecting it. It was 10 weeks on Wednesday and still feels like it was yesterday 😢

Right food and drink time and masterchef catch up.

K x

Kay- a big hug to you…seems like longer than 10 weeks, maybe not for you.Shame yours & Neil’s days off are not the same time… Enjoy the meal tonight 🍷🍷
    Dave-well done with 3lbs off 🌟 of the day! Can you alter the height of Heidi’s stand? Maybe start off low & gradually move it up so she doesn’t notice!
    Minols- hope the lack of sleep doesn’t catch up with you, & hope master chef doesn’t make you forget to be sensible!
    Jean- can’t believe you’ve not lost after all the walking! Not wanting to encourage you with the cafe habit, but are there dog friendly ones around you? There’s quite a few in our area, not been recently though. If you’re worried about letting Charlie off, you could get one of those long training leads, we got a 10m one, you can get them even longer to practice recall.
    Took Xena out for another forest walk- she’s so good out, but is getting worse in the car, barks so loud! We have a few walks from the door, but I get bored & like to vary it, there’s so many good places within 10 mins drive. Jobs done & mum popped round for a cuppa, then spent ages shelling nuts- I bought some cheap pecans in tescos, their ones in packets cost loads, youngest likes them on porridge…not one of my better ideas!

Heidi’s had her food now so maybe she will be ok with it.She hates being on her own,if we both go in the kitchen she always follows.

Evening All…
    Steve and I took Charlie for an off lead session it went really well…only thing was the muddy pond, you could see what he was thinking as he did a flying attack and jumped in it…we went for a walk and on return he went in again at 30 miles a hour!!…he stank!!…still a lovely shower for him when we got back ..looked like I used Daz…what a white boy…he’s shattered…

I have a dog trainer he’s just got back to me, I shall ring and book a hour with him tomorrow, for some tips…

Dave..
    Well done on the 3 lbs off is that for this week? Hope the dishes suit her and she uses them..

Kay..
    Well done on the pound off, at least it’s a pound down…hope your meal went well and wine..we went out for a meal and Guinness we really enjoyed it….hugs to you on Ellie, we still have moments after three years with Symba, they are so close to our hearts 💕

Hedgehog..
    I was 1 oz away from a pound lost just not quite there 😬…we have a long training lead but hard finding the time, it’s for when we are at the caravan …it’s training one thing at a time…I have found a training class, just waiting for the lady to get back to me….but my 1 to 1 training man, I may start with him first.

Laughed at the nuts only a Mum would do that 😂…the forest walk sounds really lovely, I would rather get away from the roads…only the river bank for us both ways, ( frightened the boy jumps in, it’s fast flowing) then across the fields…must find some outside seating cafes for the better weather….

Jean

Morning all!
    Jean-sounds like you’re doing really well with Charlie on your own, but hopefully the dog trainers will help.
    Kay- more hugs & hope you have a better day…
    Dave- glad that Heidi has eaten something!
    Minols- enjoy some time with your boys today if you can today…
    We’re doing an extra dog training / puppy class today, & hopefully sis will bring Arnie, mum’s coming to watch as well.

Jean…had to laugh at Charlie flying into the pond!!
    HH, hope the training goes well today.

Off to work. Meal and wine was lovely last night but glad Im leaving Neil to clean the kitchen!!

Morning All…

A lovely day but rain expected….Steve off to see ManU and stay over with his friend, a delayed present for his birthday so a quiet weekend on my own with the pup…although daughter and grandson are calling for a couple of hours and lunch..grandson is bringing his work clothes do she can drop him off when he leaves here..

Hedgehog…
    Enjoy your puppy class…hope it goes well….

Kay..
    You have Neil trained…hope it’s to your standard..😂have a good day at work…

Have a good weekend all..

Jean x

At least you have company with Charlie.Going to speedway do tonight, trying to get Denise to come with me but not sure if she is coming,it’s just a drink and a quiz and the chance to join the supporters club.Not really her thing but fingers crossed,she can keep an eye on me👀👀

Dave..
    Tempt her to go sometimes better when you get there….better than getting left behind 😂…still I don’t mind Steve going it’s a while since a boys do…enjoy your evening…

Daughter and Grandson left now…have half a hours break, then may take him training…weather is pretty good at the moment thought rain was coming…

Jean x

Jean- hope you stick to the bed training & aren’t tempted to let Charlie on with no Steve about…hope Steve has a good weekend too! If you do training hope that goes well!
    Dave- enjoy tonight & hope Denise goes too.
    Kay- good idea, leaving Neil to clear up!
    Well, the dog training was funny at least- Xena was the eldest & probably the worst behaved! Kept going to Nick, I suggested he hid in the kitchen at one point, which he did, & she even went to find him there! But he said she’s clearly doing well at scent work😉 She wanted to play too, as she knew they get a play at the end…mum enjoyed watching it though, & we met some very cute puppies!
    Having a lazy afternoon while Xena is tired…

Heidi enjoyed her walk,she met a staffy,a German shepherd and a little terrier.i don’t normally let her go up to staffs but I know that the owner is ok,she has 3 dogs and Heidi is friends with the other Denise not going so I better be careful not to drink too many.

Evening All..
    I never did training we both fell asleep 😂

So Wednesday I have my 1 to 1 dog training and with Steve too…then on the evening I have puppy class, the lady was lovely it was no problem with his age, there is another class above on the next hour but she said don’t be upset to be in the lower class, see how he goes…you have to start at the beginning I have no problem with that.

Very strange on my own, I will be good he has to be in his own bed…I can have all the morning cuddles 😀

Hedgehog..
    Quite looking forward to puppy class apparently they all play for quarter of a hour before the class starts…hope he’s not too boisterous with the puppies…He should know they are babies…

Dave..
    Enjoy your evening…shame Denise didn’t go with you..

Glass of red wine in hand..

Jean x

Jean- training sounds good, hope Charlie likes the puppies, has he met any on your walks? Hope you’re not missing Steve too much …
    Dave- hope you behave without Denise to keep an eye on you…
    Did some scent work outside with Xena when she woke up, she did really well. Got my kitchen floor washed, hate it getting so dirty with Xena in & out! Quiet evening for us, both boys out!

Hedgehog..
    Do you think he will be boisterous with the puppies? Or will he know they are babies….we are both missing Steve, Charlie thought he was in the garage….
    The floors must get awful in the wet weather, hasn’t been too bad up to now….TVs terrible been looking at training on utube, think I will have an early night soon.
    Charlie’s crashed out always does from 6 pm….

Jean x

Trying to behave 🙃🤑🥶😇👺

Do men ever!!….mine is tired and they are on their way back to his friends house..😂..not as young as they were…

Us men are always on our best behaviour 😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

Hedgehog..
    Met plenty of dogs and little dogs but no puppies.. he is good with all dogs but he can be quite frisky it’s a bit embarrassing he has been done.
    X

Still doing well, resisted singing on. Karaoke Jean will know what I am on about 😊

Can’t believe it out my name down to sing Elvis

Morning All.
    A bit of an early start take the pup out before I start colouring my hair…have a shower later..
    Charlie seems a bit unsettled watching for Steve at the window, not eaten his dinner last night…a bit on edge…bless him…

Dave..
    I hope that head of yours is OK this morning….did you start singing….

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 21,201 through 21,250 (of 35,468 total)

You must be logged in to reply.