Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,949 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 19 hours, 41 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,151 through 21,200 (of 35,436 total)

• A good tip to stop dogs pulling is when they pull turn round and walk from where you just came,takes a while but does work.

Took Heidi out again and she met another white dog, black and white this one,Jean I took a quick video of them together,I will send it to you.

Evening All..

These days are passing quickly….Grandson thought he was lovely…then went for walk and cooked omelettes…so all finished here…

I shall go and buy a town lead tomorrow and get some training on pulling, a harness is coming too, a stop pulling harness…he is so strong for both of us..I find he’s OK on his extendable lead…I got a return ‘come’ and ‘sit’ with a treat..three times on his last walk…all going good.

Hedgehog..
    No classes at all..must look further and see if I have missed anything…just a one to one maybe pricey….lovely you can help your twin family…the wood walk she must love it, I need to start a different route..

Dave..
    You meet a lot of dogs…the video, she looks very gentle…I take the tips from both of you on the pulling..

Jean x

Dave- turning was how we were taught on the lead workshop we did – worked very well at the time but now she digs her claws in & won’t turn, so you have to yank her which defeats the object! She does the turn beautifully at home or at the classes but not out! So I do the standing still!
    Had a lovely meal tonight- it was Tuscan chicken (quorn for me), in a creamy sauce with sun dried tomatoes, spinach & parmesan. Sorry fasters; it’ll be my turn tomorrow!

I bought a harness for Heidi when I first got her,she didn’t like it and used to lie on her back in the middle of the street and kick her legs to get it off, needless to say it didn’t last long.In the end I bought an half check collar,it’s like a choker but a friendly version,it’s made of material with a small chain,if she pulled against it only the fabric touched her not the chain,I still use it now,she doesn’t pull anymore but it slips over her head very easily.

https://www.dog-harnesses-store.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1594
    Can get them cheaper on Amazon but this is similar to what I use

Hi all, just a quick post as Im shattered and need an early night.
    I start work in the morning too 😊
    Shadowing one of the others so I can do it on my own on Monday!

Today we had a good walk. It was about 6 miles but a lot of steep ascents and descents! Particularly on the coastal path! At the end of it my poor legs were shot, goodness knows what I’ll be like tomorrow!

Jean, sounds like Charlie is doing well. Its still early days for him to settle in but hes already responding.
    In the early days I had Ellie on a harness so I could better control her. The type you have the lead clipped onto 2 rings and you use the lead then to both direct and apply the brakes!

HH, dinner sounded lovely. Do you buy the vegetarian Italian hard cheese as opposed to Parmesan?

Neil made us a quorn Mediterranean one pot dinner, with loads of veg. As we had been out all day, we hadnt eatķķen so I think Ive done ok with calories in spite of having some cheese and crackers and a small glass of Baileys on ice!

Dave, whats the next stage with your home improvements??

Ok catch you all tomorrow. I think we habe wonderful weather due again, although there are flood alerts in place from fear of exceptionally high spring tides!

Kay x

Stairs got to be painted walls and woodwork, then new stair carpet fitted.Then bedroom,sons bedroom then bathroom 😫Roll on Lanzarote 😄😄

Morning all!
    Hope the weigh-ins go well for anyone today, still not going near them! 😒
    Dave- I think that we need to decorate alot too, but that’s not going to happen with Xena about! You’ll be ready for Lanzarote for sure!
    Kay- well done getting more work! Hope you’re not too stiff after the walk!
    Jean- happy shopping for Charlie!
    Tried a couple of simple doggy ‘puzzles’ for Xena last night- treats in a rolled up towell & treats in a muffin tin with balls on top- she got the food quickly & enjoyed them- wish I’d seen all these ideas for Josie, she’d have loved it!
    Shopping for us today. Not good on a FD!

Morning All..
    A lovely morning for a walk..keep chatting to people makes the walk longer……he is better more settled and eating…sleeping now instead of pacing…

I have lost 1lb and Steve 2 lbs so a good week for us….I am always a pound a week girl when loosing, all I can expect…

Trying to have a house day, just going out for a short lead, Charlie will be left behind.

Hedgehog..
    Interesting about the puzzles…it will be bed training later…Steve ended up getting the dog blanket ( which was ours) from the sofa as he had no covers, Charlie won the fight!!…he just spreads….we have bought 12, I think, dog sausages from Aldi, individually wrapped, stink but good for training..dog week specials.

Dave..
    I will try the harness and see how we go, when it arrives…keep your idea if I need it..

Kay..
    Your coast walk sounds really lovely and challenging, you will be aching today…..must admit I quite fancied a Baileys last night, but fasting, may have one this evening 😀

Have a good day…I love this beautiful weather….

Jean x

Lovely weather again! Shopping done, I am very hungry so I think will have to have a salad later, hubby has just eaten some chocolate😢

Gorgeous day lovely sunshine.I lost 1lb so happy with that. My plan is to lose a pound a week so on target.No beer this coming week so that should help. Heidi is giving me the take me out look so better go.

Evening All…

A busy day all housework got finished, Hoover and floor washing, three loads of washing, including all dog sofa blankets…

I did sit for a hour first this week…

The bed training went well, I think, taking him up after my cuppa to have another go, first time only me in my bed so Steve will come up with me, with Charlie in his own bed…he wasn’t very happy about it…🤞 for tonight…

Hedgehog…
    Oooh no chocolate..well done..

Dave..
    I get that look too…well done on your pound loss too…..

Pseu..
    Where are you?

Kay..
    Hope your job went well this morning..clean house to go into 🤞…I shall have a Baileys tonight..just one.😂

Jean x

Haddock fillet cooking in the oven, having salad with it,first time I have done haddock in the oven not sure how long to Cook it for so doing 20 minutes.Will see how it turns out.

Haddock was nice, will have it again.

Jean, Steve & Dave well done on the weight loss!
    Dave- hope the haddock is okay, 20 mins sounds about right…
    Jean- enjoy the Baileys! Hope the bed works tonight, got to be persistent…did you see the dog trainibg programme this week- he gets such good results!
    Kay- hope your day’s not been too busy…
    Very hungry, tried a new veggie burger tonight with salad, hopefully will feel fuller soon!
    Tried Xena with a new bed in the lounge tonight as she’s ripped up the old soft one- one of the hard plastic beds with a blanket- she just wanted to chew it-fine, but then she kept trying to drag it round the room, so it’s gone back in the shed!

Joining the 1lb weight loss club! Have a good day everyone!

Morning All…

What a good boy…he slept in his own bed in our bedroom….I put him there, then he left it and cried at Steve for 20 mins, he ignored him, then he cried at me..Steve got out and put him in his bed..I gave him treats and told him to stay…he got up in the night..I said Bed! He went straight into it…I gave the invite to join us for cuddles this morning…Well done Charlie..

We are off to visit in Manchester today, hoping to have lunch somewhere dog friendly, as the family has cats and snappy dogs …

Hedgehog..
    Well done on the pound off..

Dave..
    Glad the haddock turned out well one of my favourite fish..but at the chippy 😂

Speak later this evening…have a good weekend..

Jean x

Well done HH.Great weather again here, summer is in its way,I noticed some dandelions and daisy’s so a good sign.Could be another good summer.

Evening All..
    We have had a brilliant day…Charlie was really good at Steves sisters, after a bit of fussyness he just laid by my feet while we talked and had lunch……we then went to a dog play park, we had a hour there…must of been 40 dogs or more, they ran and ran and ran in a closed field off leash…chasing that fast they ended up in a muddy lake, Charlie then went in the lake 4 times, I was told he didn’t like water!…he kept checking us to make sure we were still there…..we hosed him down with warm water as he then collapsed asleep all the way home…no pm walk today mummy having a walk off…..fast asleep now…

He was a really good boy, very proud of him, we left the field and he followed us to the gate.

Haddock and chips from the chippy, I think we are as tired as he is…fresh air and walking the field..

Jean x

Jean- lovely that Charlie’s been so good! Sounds like he’s had a great day, I’m sure he’ll burn off his chubbiness very soon! Enjoy the fish & chips!
    Dave hooe you’ve had a good day…
    I feel shattered like you Jean! I was up early, walked Xena before I did my Church prayer morning- got very cold as in the shade- then we took Xena out to a beach, which was way busier than we thought! So she did pull a bit as there was so much going on but she met lots of children & dogs, ate sand & wouldn’t go in the sea! Soaked in the bath & now Xena is asleep on the sofa with us…

Hedgehog..
    Are dogs allowed on most beaches..or is it in special areas…we were just talking about it today…hoping to get away in the caravan in a couple of weeks just a few appointments to clear first.. he really is settling now, may take him next week to the caravan I need to take some laundry back give him a smell round..only 15 mins away…very much a mummy’s boy..nice for me 😂

X

Hey group,

I’ve recently tried toasting banana nut bread with seeded grapes and it helps me tremendously. I’ve been eating nothing but that and working out for 1hr daily for the past 5 months and I feel amazing. I went from being out of breath and dizzy at times(not knowing I was out of shape) to feeling so good. I’ve went from 225 to 180 and I’m still at it. I’ve taken few advice from websites and I tried detox but, you really just have to do what works best for you. Get creative with it, I’ll list a few sites that has helped me.

https://www.healthierassets.com/
    https://www.health.com/
    https://www.healthywomen.org/
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/fitness/
    https://www.mycookbook-online.net/en/home/

Morning All..
    A foggy start this morning should be lovely later…

A puppy walk soon….he is still very calm and tired from yesterday but waiting for his walk..just having my cuppa then we will go..still in his own bed through the night, he gets invited to ours when we are having our first cup of tea of the day, for his cuddles.

A quiet day for me, a pile of ironing to do and that’s it, walks of course, cooking a pork dinner tonight..Steve will be in the garage, he is delayed in what he is doing…

Have a lovely day everyone…we are fasting Monday.

Jean x

Beautiful day here, didn’t get to bed until 3am so not been up long🤪it was worth staying up great game. Beef tonight so won’t eat until then, lots of big games today, United v Liverpool, then the cup final City v Chelsea.Fast day tomorrow and also gym🤯

Afternoon!
    Dave- enjoy the football & the beef!
    Jean- the touristy places like Aldeburgh & Southwold ban dogs on the main bits from March- Sept. but you can take dogs on the far ends. There’s a lovely site- I think it’s Church farm- at Aldeburgh, it’s at the dog free end close to the beach. We went to Sizewell when we were children, that’s really good for dog walking you just have to ignore the nuclear power station 😂
    Took Xena for another walk after Church with mum as it’s such a lovely day, there’s a huge patch of snowdrops one end of the woods, they’re amazing this year!

Evening All..
    A lovely sunny day..chilly a little earlier…

We have had Charlie on a huge field playing ball off lead, I was freaking out but all ok…he got distracted after 20 mins so continued on with his walk on lead…Steve was with me..the pup has had 3 walks today..

I must start short lead work …to stop the pulling…

We have had a lovely pork dinner with red wine…I don’t cook many full meals these days..

Hedgehog..
    I seem to remember seeing Church Farm in the book, must look that up again, as we will need the beaches this time, thanks for that, we are heading your way again this summer.
    There’s so many snowdrops about, sign of summer, so nice to look forward to…I really do like the Spring flowers…

Dave..
    Enjoy the footy and your beef dinner..Steve was watching footy earlier..then back in his garage…

We are fasting tomorrow..

Jean x

Hi all!

Had a busy couple of days with the new job starting, also worked on Saturday in my self employed role. New job is good, with chance of extra hours, and at least its some money coming in so I dont keep using the savings!

Enjoying the weather and started to clean the garden wall which should be white, but its mainly green!

Went to local pub yesterday to watch the rugby. Came home after it finished as poor Neil is on a run of 7 earlies, which means getting up at 3.30am, so lots of early nights!

Well done to all those who lost a pound, but come on own up, who threw theirs in my direction, as I gained one!
    Not surprised though as Ive been too relaxed.
    Back on the case tomorrow with a few days of 800 days and a ban on carbs!

Jean, love reading about Charlie, he’s such a good boy and doing really well.

Hoping for a few more of these lovely early spring days yet!

Working in the morning and Tuesday,then couple of days off til Friday.

Fasters, lets have a lean Monday!!!

Kay x

Not a bad days sport,City won pity United didn’t,not often I say that 😮no hockey tonight I don’t think so may get to bed early.Fast day tomorrow.

Morning all!
    Kay- good that you’ve got enough work now, hope your 800 cals goes well this week. Poor Neil, up that early!
    Dave- glad you enjoyed the footie…
    Jean- you were brave letting Charlie off! We don’t let Xena off on the field if there’s children or footballers; too much temptation!
    Fasting as well, woke up hungry already! Will make the most of the lovely weather again, & do some gardening.

Morning All..
    What a thick foggy morning….sun just trying to break through it will be beautiful later…

Feeling quite crappy this morning too much food and pork crackling…I should know better, I should know better!!…told Steve to keep me off the crackling next time…

Third night Charlie is in his bed, definitely cracked it now..he does love his cuddles in the morning when he joins us…after he is invited..

Hedgehog..
    We chose the field carefully no one about….thank goodness for the computers children don’t play out 😂..oh am I saying this 😂…I am the nervie Nellie ..goodness he can run when he wants too they can get to 40 miles a hour…still he wouldn’t want to loose us too…

Just a cuppa for me no breakfast until I feel brighter…let’s be strong together keep busy…hoping for lead training later, only 30 mins or so..

Kay..
    Congratulations on getting the job, it must be hard in a tourist area…at least some money coming in….re your wall you can get a product to spray on and just rinse off ( daughter said in America, I suppose you can buy here) if it’s a big job.

Goodness that’s an early start for Neil, does he get grumpy if he’s tired…this lovely weather getting caravanning feeling, camping soon for you…I have laundry to take to the caravan take the pup down and let him smell around..

Dave..
    Have a good day…anything planned..

Jean x

Fast day for me then off to exercising class at three.Just took Heidi out in the lovely sunshine,no coat on feels so good to shed the coat,I expect I will need it again next week.Two months to our holibobs so the countdown is on.Hockey in the morning so a 3am bedtime 🤪🤪🤪😵😵😵

Hi all
    Busy weekend with Thinking Day parade.
    Having another late breakfast day – had porridge at 2pm. Light tea today – fish and rice. Really hoping I can keep it just at that.

Hoping to get to the end of Feb having lost something at least on this super strict routine, in though we had the long weekend of indulgence in the middle of it. It’s not too bad once you get into it, although I do find it hard to stop eating once I start! If I’ve managed to lose a few pounds then this might be the method to take me to Easter, in the hope (mustn’t build my hopes up!) that the first stone would be dealt with. Definitely need the ‘days off’ built in, though.

BTW – saw a picture on facebook the other day of a creme egg sitting next to it’s sugar content…a very large pile of sugar. They are my weakness, so this year’s declared aim is to not have a creme egg until Easter Sunday!

Mx

Afternoon All..
    All going well feeling a bit hungry..but just remembered I didn’t eat breakfast…a coffee now and pup walk…

We have looked at some more kennels for holidays, we like them more the guy was lovely….all the kennels are on the same idea but his were nicer, music playing and two good excerise paddocks….we had a good talk about food for Charlie and he suggested what we should feed him…I asked about lead training..he said Good Luck a Dalmatian!!…small and often….

Dave..
    Hope your excerise class goes well …lovely and sunny here..still chilly

Minols..
    Hope the month has paid off and you have a good weigh in….

Jean x

Back from exercising 😵was hard today but did it all, going again Wednesday all being well.No food yet but just starting to feel hungry.

Minols- hope that the new ‘diet’ works for it, I do agree that we need a day off now & then…& keep off the creme eggs then, I can definitely resist them! ( son says they’ve had people in the shop unwrapping them to look for the white wons! Easier to look at the ingredients apparently!)
    Dave- lots of exercise for you then, sounds good…
    Jean- hope Charlie likes the caravan, & the kennels…Xena seems to be getting worse on the lead, she gets so excited!
    Sounds like everyone’s been okay fasting? I have been sooo hungry, did have a little bit at lunchtime instead of all in the evening to keep me going, just soup tonight.
    Xena had a forest walk this morning, then in the afternoon took her for a short walk & to get a new collar- she’s so scrawny round her neck that she’s not growing into the one I’d bought at all! Got the size down. Huge pile of ironing done as she’d worn herself out, she gets very excited in the car!

Morning All..
    A beautiful day…I think we will all have the lovely weather…

Fitbit report for this week…just over 100,750 steps and 70.73 km…best I have ever done…thanks to Charlie 💕

A low day today only fasting twice but trying to keep to 800/900 cals the other days..

Dave..
    I hope you are not too sore today…rest up a bit…

Hedgehog..
    Charlie got fed up of lead training, we did 30 mins, the kennel guy told me to do 10 mins, a few times a day..I took his lead off by our front door and he scarpered up the street clearing all the fences until we got him..naughty!…he doesn’t like his feet washing!…then we had another stand off over his pm walk, and feet washing, he was in the garden and wouldn’t come in!….I think he is settling and pushing boundaries..uumm

I hate ironing..loads in the washer my turn tomorrow…you have forest walks, the smells must be so great for her…. I walk down the river on open fields…I am enjoying it.

Kay..
    Your photos look amazing, what a lovely area you live in…not too many beers I hope 😂

Vets and jabs for us today…still looking for a nice bed, the one we bought is too small off amazon…so he still has a flat one, he wants one with cushions around him.

PS…weigh in day for Charlie…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Hope Charlie’s weigh-in is good Jean! He probably didn’t get so many walks before, so that should help with his weight! So he’s escaped then?! Xena’s done that a couple of times but only gone down the drive before we got her back! Good tip from our dog trainer is to call ‘what’s this’ in a really high excited voice- that works pretty well! We play a game with Xena where we say ‘where’s Xena?’ & go round looking for her, pretending you can’t see her, she gets so excited & loves it! We’ve resorted to that a couple of times on walks to get her back!
    Dave- lie in for you after the hockey?
    Minols & Kay – hope your 800 cals is going okay…
    Took Xena to the little park for a game- as my garden’s a sorry state!- then dog training soon. Already got 2 loads of washing outside, & dinner cooked ahead for tonight. My aunt’s come to stay with mum ready for doing Dad’s ashes tomorrow, hope they get on okay, Mum’s been in quite a tizzy!

I feel stiff today 😵 hope it clears by tomorrow so I can go again.Not had any heat on the last two days,too warm.Nice to go out without a coat on.Just scoffed my cobs from Sainsbury’s, stir-fry tonight.Going to a speedway supporters do Saturday night so beer will be taken 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺.3am bedtime so got up late this morning.Time to take Heidi out now.

Hi all – loving hearing the dog stories. Our old boy is still pushing his luck to go for longer than he should! I think he is genuinely now a bit deaf…but he ambles over to investigate something and then ‘forgets’ to amble back and keeps on going to investigate another thing/dog/human…and the next thing you know there’s no way he can hear you call him and the 10 mins he’s supposed to have because of his back is now 20+. Still, given that the next time his back goes, that’s him, I don’t begrudge him getting every ounce of enjoyment out of life. At times it’s like he’s in his prime, howling with delight at the smell of food (I’ll take praise from anyone for my cooking…I don’t get it from the boys – understandably!), at the prospect of going out. Complete nut-job!

Another late eating start (just had porrdige) and in a little while i’ll go home and put on the casserole for tonight…hoping that will be it again today. I know it might be abusing my friendship with the Almighty, but starting to pray for 3-4lb loss when I step on the scales at the end of the week…desperate for all this to hae paid off this month at least!

HH – thinking of your family. When’s the interment? It’s such a strange-feeling time. And no matter how your Mum’s brain is working, intuitively she will have so much goin gon in her heart, even if she doesn’t express it in the same ways she used to…’tizzy’ might be just exactly that.

Mx

Afternoon All..
    We had a lovely walk down the river today, it was beautiful, fleece tied around my middle…a good hour…must remember to take my phone for photos and any emergency…

Jabs done and worming…flea treatment in a couple of days….found a bed for Charlie looks ok…

Charlie’s weigh in..a drum roll please…2 lbs off…so pleased as he is eating well, although cut some food down, 31 miles this week is possibly more than he used to do….

Hedgehog…
    I will take that on board it’s a good idea, ‘ what’s this’…maybe have a practice and have a good treat handy…hope all goes well with Dads ashes, and Mum and Aunt get on well….I have done three washers of clothes, need to see what’s dry and hang out more…I only have a small garden….looking at it a very sorry state…have a good training day…I need to get out again with the lead too…

Jean x

Minols…

The old boy 20 +…really at that age he definitely needs to do what he wants to…he’s amazing…

Hoping the scales are good to you this month and let’s see if the boss listens…still I would think he knows where you keep the custard creams…

Jean x

Heidi is definitely deaf now,I use sign language to get her attention.She is fast asleep so will have to wake her up to go walkies.No river to walk down here not even a canal anymore,there used to be one at the top of the street but it got filled in.

Correction on our walk time this week…43 miles!…no wonder he has lost weight not including play time…

Minols- thanks, & we’re doing the ashes tomorrow afternoon- it’s a good spot I think Dad would’ve approved…I think Mum will find it a comfort to go there.
    Your woof is doing so well, it’s great that he still wants to walk! I’ve found some inspiring Bible verses for eating too much & weight loss on Pinterest, been reading them daily, it’s early days but is helping!
    Jean- 2lbs for Charlie is great! Our gardens are probably in a similar state 😂😭 Hope Charlie likes his new bed!
    Dave- good that Heidi knows hand signals, hope she didn’t mind being woken for walkies! Hopefully you’ll be okay to exercise tomorrow…
    Kay- hope the job is going okay, & you have a chance to put your feet up with Neil’s early starts…
    Xena was a disgrace at dog training- there were only 2 dogs there so she took advantage of going to see Nick! She did do some stuff really well so it wasn’t a waste of time…Nick thinks she needs ‘jobs’ to do to keep her busy, I do agree but need to work on manners too…but she did walk rwally well on the lead today for me!
    Did some gardening afterwards, but have pulled a muscle in my back (playing with Xena!), so was a bit limited…

I have ordered a stand for Heidi’s good and water so she doesn’t have to bend down to much.Its coming tomorrow hopefully.

Dave- we have one of those, they’re good for taller dogs.

I have a tiny spot on my wrist and scratched it off,it’s been bleeding now for over an hour,can’t believe it.Hope I never get a serious cut.Still ache a bit hope I am fit by tomorrow.

Still getting used to new routine of early gets ups and earlier to bed…day off today so going to catch another hour or so.
    Glad this coming out of early retirement is only for 18 months or so, then I can go back to it!! 😂

800 cals isnt happening at the moment! Im fine skipping breakfast and having something nutritious when I come home early afternoon, but after that it goes down hill! Not helped by Neil when he comes home from work!! Today and tomorrow WILL be better!
    At least Im doing lots of steps when Im working!

All doggies doing well, although sounds like its only Heidi whos not pushing things a tiny bit!!

I think our glorious weather ends today and we are due some rain. Apparantly our gardens need it!! Mine certainly doesnt!
    Ive bought some tomato and pepper seeds so I will start those off upstairs on the bathroom ledge in a couple of weeks time.

No plans for today as yet, maybe clean a bit more of the garden wall. Its coming off easy enough with warm soapy water although the main longer part along the side will take more work, so I will look out for the spray on stuff.

Not sure if I should just get up now..but I may end up nodding off later!

Viewing 50 posts - 21,151 through 21,200 (of 35,436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.