Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,987 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 4 hours, 20 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,451 through 20,500 (of 35,474 total)

• Will have a look at parents’ travel insurance when we clear out that file to see who they tried…
    Dave- hope you don’t get the lurgy too, eat some oranges (or cocolate orange?!)
    Jean- I might be outvoted on waiting until Christmas Eve!
    Have a good weekend!
    I’m attempting a FD today, feel like a blimp as Pseudo said, but if I get outvoted & the chocolates come out tonight, I will cave in!

HH I have an apple and an orange everyday,my Scottish mate said if he was ever bad he would eat a raw onion,I remember my dad telling me he was in France during the war and had a terrible cold,he was in some large house and a French lady gave him some very hot onion soup just before he went to bed,he got up the next morning and he said the bed sheets were soaked but he felt great,it sweated it out of him.Dont feel to bad apart from being up at this unearthly hour,think it’s hockey tonight so I may be struggling to stay awake.

I have decided to do a fast day today, a last ditch attempt to lose some weight before crimbo actually hits…

Morning All..

A drizzly day yet again…

We are both feeling like not eating naughties, we have had some our chocolate brownies ( Xmas present, had to be opened, must be eaten, not sharing with anyone!..they are delicious 2” squares)…maybe my 19 bars of chocolate in the cupboard left since summer, we really didn’t want…they have now gone down a lot now and into my cooking.

Still making things to take away but sharing with 4 people, when divided it cuts the portions down greatly…I shall leave everything behind as they are having more guests when we leave…

Cooking again today and then tomorrow they want mince pies taking and my chocolate trifle…I think I will be sick of seeing it by then…a good sign ..

Dave..
    Hope your household are feeling better and it’s passed you by…SIL in Louisiana always has chicken soup when unwell!

Hedgehog..
    Go with the flow, you might not want any chocolate either when you can…thanks on the insurance too…

Mim..
    Hope you can manage a fast….we will be all looking forward to January…lol

Kay..
    Thinking of you….

Have a good weekend..

Jean x

Took Heidi out between rain showers,19 bars of chocolate, the most I ever have is two or three and that’s usually Christmas day,they wouldn’t last long with me,I would be like a Tasmanian devil😈😈😈. Denise had ten hours in bed,a world record for her😄.

Going dark already but at least it will get lighter every day and winter is a third of the way gone.

Afternoon All..
    Finished work for the day …cuppa in hand…yes Dave it’s really dark, looking forward to brighter days..

56 chocolate truffles made..one of our very favourites…they are good as very high in dark chocolate, these are 81%, so a couple are more than enough…. we ate them last year with no weight gain…😀

Nearly packed for you know where….also staying over at near step daughter in Wales en route…..packed for our Christmas break or just about…head buzzing at remembering everything…

Hoping everyone is nearly sorted…such a lot to do for a few days….

Jean x

Sorry to be awol… Work a little busy!

Just working my way through a week’s backlog and got to the news about Ellie… Kay, I’m so sorry. We keep our old things going as long as we can, but at the end of the day we’re the ‘responsible adults’ for them. Hard as anything just now. Thinking of you and Neil.
    Mx

Yes, Kay, thinking of you, hope you & Neil have been able to have a walk & remember the good times with Ellie…
    Minols- have been praying for you too with everything you have to pack in…
    Jean- good job you love being busy! Hope you pack the right things!
    Dave- yuk raw onion! Hope Denise feels better soon…
    Mim- hope you’re FD goes okay, I’m fasting with you! A very definite attempt to stave off the inevitable weight gain for another day…
    Am very pleased that I have stayed strong- so far!! Delivered some cards, wrapped all the presents, made leeks in cheese sauce for the big day, & had a game with mum & sis…a big difference between her puppy & Xena- he is so much calmer & easier! Xena is much better looking though!!
    Son has bought me a krispy kreme donut with chocolate & nutella- eyeing it up for breakfast!!

Onions do collect germs,they are very good when you are painting a room cut one in half and leave it in the painted room and the paint doesn’t smell so strong.

Minols..
    Nice seeing your head poke through you will be so busy..hoping it’s all coming together at work as well as at home…hope the Christmas/ Boxing Day lunch is sorted out….

Hedgehog..
    Krispy cream donut sounds interesting for breakfast…glad you are getting on top of things too…all takes longer than you think…

Poor son in law is still laid up and in a lot of pain…hoping he improves to enjoy Christmas with the children..

A few more things to do tomorrow then that’s it….it would be nice to get out for a walk, see how we go….

Some of the posts are disappearing, I haven’t go the last two on e mail…??

Jean x

Morning all!
    Don’t think any of my posts have disappeared, but I don’t have the email alerts though, email inbox is full enough as it is!!
    Xena is being a pickle again already, a website I need to get on is unavailable, TV wouldn’t work properly but did the old switch off & switch on again but that’s okay now, so not a good start to the day already!! Donut was yum though!!
    Dave- hope you’re okay, not getting the lurgy?
    Jean- hope you get out for a bit, rain forecast for here 🙁

Morning All..
    Raining this morning…I would of liked to get the car cleaned or Steve to do it!

Choc trifle to make, last batch of mince pies…ham is already cooking for tomorrow…

Keeping on top of washing, bedding in and then a few bits to go in…then really kicking heels….a quick whizz round with the hoover but all really ok…

Hate it at this time of year when everyone is busy it goes really quiet for a couple of weeks on here…still it’s nice to catch up with people and family…maybe my turn to go AWOL 😂 but maybe not…

Hedgehog..
    My posts were going straight into trash?? most coming through…no walk it’s quite miserable….Zena full of it again she keeps you on your toes….there was hell in Louisiana Maxi got hold of the Elf and the head came off, Katie was visiting the old play school with Charlotte and got the phone call..Daddy’s laid up…everyone panicking as you can’t touch him, loads of tears…he has been asleep in the dolls cot for two days after having his head glued back on…hope he’s moved over night 😂

The switch on and off it strange how things start up again..that’s my trick…

Have a good day all…

Jean x

Jean- poor Elf, hope they all get over the trauma!!
    Managed to keep Xena occupied with lots of cardboard to rip up, & she still loves playing with her little puppy balls- she can get 3 in her mouth at once now! Will have to take them away soon in case she chokes on them…mum is being kept occupied by my brother today, amazing how much time I have today! Have made 2 cheesecakes ( the boys don’t like Christmas pud, so asked what they wanted instead, of course they wanted different things!). Have made pigs in blankets ready & frozen them. Plus I have to do all different dinners tonight as eldest was going to be out, now not, & too late to get out the freezer what I’d planned…
    Hope everyone’s having a good weekend!

Miserable weather again here,just went to Sainsbury’s and it was heaving,all tills open and a queue ten deep on every one, forgot to get sausage rolls and I never got any beer,not sure if I will bother now.Got to go to Tesco to take my son for last minute shopping,he is the same every year.Went to bed at 2:45am this morning,I do know one hockey match will finish at the same time Christmas morning so I will possibly see 🎅.

Hedgehog..
    Zena must be getting quite big now, maybe time for larger play balls ..Santa??..will she be about 5 months now…….just finished baking now, so time consuming must get another dozen hole tin, it’s waiting about…Steves already had his hands on my pies!…Buddy in Wales is 6 1/2 stone now such a big boy, looking forward to seeing him on our way to you know where, he opens doors now and turns the light on. He takes Louise’s clothes and shoes off, I think he know she leaves him when she gets dressed!

Is it two different cheesecakes?…you seem to have got a lot done today…Mum will get better with her time she must miss your Dad, you too…it will be a strange Christmas for you all but all do seem close just look after each other….my Mum got buried today, and Steves Mum died today, a lot of years now but it’s always in your thoughts as the date comes round….so a bit of a downer day for us both.

Dave..
    Pick up your sausage rolls and beer when you take your son to Tesco….you might fancy some…you are a night owl I don’t know how you do it…what time do you get up in a morning?

Jean x

I never get up too early, Denise gets up early and catches up on her soaps so I don’t want to see them so I stay in bed usually until 10 ish,I rarely go to bed before 1am.Will see what’s on offer at Tesco not really worried about beer,I usually get some for Christmas it’s the only time I drink in the house and of course new year ears Eve,not had a pint since the 22nd of August when I was in Somerset.I don’t like any spirit at all,got to be a pint or nothing although saying that I have bought a bottle of chocolate Bailey’s,if I don’t open it it could remain like that for years.

I bought 4 bottles of Hoegaarden and 2 bombardier, will see how that goes.Got sausage rolls but they are peppered,my son chose them even though he is not to keen on peppered and Denise probably won’t like them,I can have them so maybe Heidi will have some too.

Save..
    Glad you are getting organised…getting nearer to chocolate time….

X

Got a big bar of Dairy milk and a big box of maltesers.🐷🐽🐷🐽🐖

😀

Yummy chocolate, just thinking about whether to open some 🍫🍫🍫! You don’t help Dave! Couldn’t face shopping any more, although might brave the small local store…Used to love Baileys, can’t drink now, enjoy the beer!
    Jean- sad day for you both, so close to Christmas…good that you’ve kept busy today. Xena is getting bigger, she is 5 months now, & Santa has got her a couple of new balls. She had her new antler bone already as she’s grown out of her old one.
    Took her to the park with her long lead this afternoon- ran about with her, she was quite bemused at first but soon got the hang of chasing each other about! She was even more hyped up when she got home though, but the boys played with her & she’s asleep now!

Went to bed at 1:30 but Heidi is not well,keeps being sick so got up with her to let her out twice,and give her lots of water.She is lay down beside me now so I am having a cuppa.Hooe she settles down.

Hope she soon feels beter Dave…maybe it was the sausage rolls?!or has she sneaked something she shouldn’t have? Xena is going to be a right one, she keeps eating grotty things & getting squitty. Hope you get some sleep!
    Merry Christmas to everyone! 🎄🌟🎉🎅🎁

Morning All..
    A quiet start then getting off after lunch….

Dave..
    Hope Heidi picks up and settles…

Hedgehog..
    Let’s hope Zena behaves and keeps off the naughties too…

Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas…

Jean x

Hello

Just dropping by on my favourite day of the year to send my good wishes and blessings to you all.

Thinking about this little group, the support and friendship throughout another year. Thoughts are with those who’ve lost loved ones; Hedgehogs for your dad and of course Josie, for Kay and little Ellie, for Tabby and her daughter. There have been others too along the way.

Hope next year isn’t such a sad one for so many in this this group.

I’ve taken half day today and travelling to my daughters for Christmas. I’m really looking forward to it and she is so excited at doing Christmas in their new home together. Will get to see mum & Dad, my sister and family on Boxing Day. Then both girls and boyfriends home for New Year.

Finishing the year just a couple of pounds down from where I started in January so hoping 2019 will be more successful. The Christmas chocolates were opened days ago but I haven’t gone overboard.

Hope Heidi is better today Dave, we do have a time with our pooches. Ours got his Christmas bath yesterday so he’s all soft and clean but he hates getting brushed and I’m worried his tail is getting a bit matted. I pasted marmite on the fridge door for him to lick and be destracted whilst I tackled it.

Anyway, hope you all have lovely times with family & friends

CW
    Xx

Sausage rolls not cooked yet so not them that made her ill,she is asleep now but took her out for a walk before.

Merry Christmas, everyone one.

Presents all done – the boy happy! Did things a bit differently this year. Parcels under the tree were the bits and pieces others gave us, and we opened some of those last night as usual…. We sort of do a special meal on Christmas Eve and a few presents and then when the boys go to bed I head off to work.

I got in about 1.30 and hid their presents around the house instead of wrapping them and hung tags with clues on the tree… Satisfies my desire to have less waste (also, I hate wrapping!) and we’ve just had a lot of fun finding everything!

I’ll get ready for work again soon, be done by lunchtime and then hit the road. Food today will be curtesy of mcdonalds and entertainment will be audio books.

Hope you guys have a lovely day – whether is more traditional or your own thing.

Catch you all later.

Mxx

Happy Christmas to you all! Strange one for us, others sad too, hoping 2019 is happier (& lighter!) for all!

Merry Christmas..
    Have a lovely day. everyone..

We definitely are due a good year all of us.

Happy thin year.,

Jean x

Merry Christmas,took Heidi out for her Christmas walk,it’s like a ghost town, nobody about.Not looked at presents yet,I leave it as long has I can.Hope you all have a great day.

Are you all full now? More to lose next year😁

I am a piggy! There will be much to lose…

Same here although i am getting sick of chocolate but working my way through it,almost all gone now,think we need a new kettle the old one is only a year old but is leaking and dosent seem to get hot enough,so will look for a new one in the sales.

We get through ours quickly (kettles!) as we have hard water. Not getting through the chocolate that quickly, still have cheesecake to eat! My new recipe Christmas pud was yummy too!

Evening All…
    We have had a lovely break and Christmas with our friends very relaxing and enjoyable. A lovely joint effort between me and Andrew cooking the Christmas meal it worked out very well. We walked around Helmsley village which was quite mild this morning leaving after lunch.

All our decorations are down, I am colouring my hair in the morning and finishing our packing …hair dressers cut and blow on Friday am then travelling to Wales to see stepdaughter….

I don’t think we have gone to overboard with food but I am sure we are up in weight…just shared a chocolate orange and we are now calling it a day with the chocolates and drink…just had enough…all chocolate and treats are upstairs on a shelf and out of the way….

Sounds like everyone is having a good break off…make the most of it…..it will soon be January…..Enjoy..

Jean x

All the TV channels and not much to watch,it was better when we had two or three channels.

I am watching quatermass and the pit a 60s film,it’s the first thing I ever remember watching on TV but that was on the BBC in the late 50s.

Morning All..
    Nice to be away but nice to be back…even for a couple of days 😂…a light day today and looking forward to it..

Having a cuppa and then starting my hair…

Dave..
    I agree the tv for the last week has been appalling …when lots of people are on their own it should be lots better…it’s the same every year…quatermass a blast from the past, I have never seen it….

Jean x

Hitting the road and heading home today. It’s been lovely to catch up with the family… Really good and the nieces and nephew have been great with my wee boy. Food not too bad all things considered!

Will be happy to get back to normal, though.

Mx

Minols..
    Safe journey home…glad all is well with your celebrations..

It’s nice the big hit with food but it makes you realise how much you don’t need it…

X

Looking forward to the fast days,I am starting to waddle when I take Heidi out.

Evening!
    Dave- never mind waddling- I’ll be rolling along!
    Jean- hope your holiday preparations go well…
    Minols- glad you had a good time with family…
    We still have lots of food about so can’t fast yet 😞 Eldest managed to lump about & wake Xena up at 5am this morning so I’m tired! & a longer day to eat…Xena was very good though- my sister brought their puppyround yesterday when they all came over, so they had a great play, calms her down for a day or two!

Heidi met a pug and a boxer today,not seen them before but gets on great with all dogs. Chocolates almost gone just a box of maltesers left,no doubt they won’t stay about for long.Just had an apple and an orange or would have done but Heidi had most of them,she loves fruit.

Morning all! Have already had chocolate & a mince pie for breakfast, this is not good! Walk with mum later & she’s coming round for dinner tonight. Boys were both back to work yesterday.
    Hope everyone’s okay, & eating better than me!

Morning… Choc and mince pie, HH! Just made a big fat omelette split 3 ways, and goi g to head off to work…didn’t the used to say ‘go to work on an egg?

Catch you later.
    Mx

Morning All..
    A better day…

A few bits to do then have hair cut and blow….away straight after to Wales…

Hedgehog..
    The boys soon back to work…hoping Maxi remembers me, walking gear packed!! 😀..that’s a bit of a funny breakfast 😂…all my homemade choccies are now gone, shared with friends ( how could I do that !) not too bothered with the pile of others….pies in freezer out of sight….enjoy dinner with mum later…

Dave..
    Maltesers to go..enjoy…new friends for Heidi..

Minols..
    Work for you…yes …go to work on a egg…

Jean x

I booked my holiday insurance yesterday, could have gone for one at £58 but decided on one almost twice that price,it got 5 star review and coverage was better.Going shopping now,hope it’s not packed out again, people go mad,you would think the shops a closed for weeks instead of a day.

Got a bit of work done today, and came home via the butchers. I take my own tubs and they put the meat straight in to save on packaging.

I got a gift selection of Indian spices so I made korma tonight. It was a thoughtful gift although I’ve made as nice with my own bits and bobs. Still it motivated me to cook rather than go for a ready meal or take away. Nibbling the odd chocolate, but determined I’m only going to eat the ones u like rather than just pig out. So really strong ones go to the OH and dairy milk to the boy – cuts downmy piggery!

Feels strange having a weekend after a couple of days off…

Mx

🐖🐽🐖🐽🐖🐽🐷🐷🐽🐽🐖🐽🐷 guess what I am doing 😁

Viewing 50 posts - 20,451 through 20,500 (of 35,474 total)

You must be logged in to reply.