Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,941 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,401 through 20,450 (of 35,428 total)

• Poor step daughter…3 hour round trip to the neuro surgeon…they didn’t know she was coming…no information had been sent to them…complete waste of time…the lady neuro surgeon did see her…at least she is on her list now and she is chasing the MRI and notes up for her..

She looked at her letter on her previous MRI test of two years ago and asked why nothing had been done for her!

A good question…she will be in touch when she finds out the information…

X

Morning all. Had another evening where I crashed into bed – was asleep by half 7, didn’t get up until my alarm at 6. Not a FD though sadly as I ate in the day, which I don’t usually do. Ah well, still a solid chunk of time not eating since I was unconscious. If I can try to hold off until 7 tonight it’ll be about 24 hours so that would count as an FD. Still not stressing about it though no point this close.

I know Dave has, anyone else broken out the Christmas goodies yet?

Morning all!
    Jean-poor you & Steve, really dragging on for you. Well done fasting & house cleaning done, don’t overdo it though…your poor SD again, I hope that now she’s on someone’s list that she’ll get something done to help her.
    Dave – glad your scan was okay! Hope you enjoyed the bread & hope it doesn’t rain for Heidi today!
    Pseudo- sounds like your sleep is all over the place, you’re so busy at the moment it’s not surprising that it’s affecting your sleep! We’ve not started Christmas goodies yet- they’d all be gone before the day if I started them now! But Mum keeps bringing goodies round!
    Mim- good that the waist has shrunk even if the scales don’t move…asJean says, hard enough to maintain in December!
    Ended up going out for a few more Christmas bits yesterday after dog training so didn’t get my pudding made & steamed, have to do that today as I have a friend coming anyway. Tryibg very hard to be good food wise but Mum brought round some yummy chocolates to have after dinner, 😧 couldn’t resist!

Morning All..
    A dark and drizzly morning yet again…

From our illness corner…hoping we go out the year with a bang and leave the illness’s behind, it hasn’t been a good year….we are both like an orchestra with our coughing, Steve still not good, I am holding my own, a bit better…

SIL had his surgery yesterday, both his hand/wrist and his leg are in a plaster caste, he had to stay in over night and have an antibiotic drip, he is not happy, hoping the surgeon didn’t find anything he could not put right….he’s hoping to be home today….at least we can help out when we get there…going to a stressed household 😂..we will manage…hoping the baptism is still on, it would be nice to share in the occasion.

Finishing cleaning upstairs today then I will feel happier….

We haven’t started the Christmas goodies yet…Steve said last night ..is there any chocolate? NO we are fasting, you can on Friday!….so all good in that corner at the moment …

Pseu..
    It’s awful when you have sleep problems…we haven’t been good but have slept through for two nights….at least you got a twelve hour stretch it will have done you good..

Hedgehog..
    Mums feeding you with treats 😂…we are ok together, it’s when other people are about I find it hard not to eat…good luck on the Xmas pud today hope you get it done..

I shall start my Xmas treat making on Friday and then Sunday…. taking them to friends as I shall leave them all behind when we leave as they have more people joining them..

Jean x

Taking Denise for physio now, didn’t get to bed until 2-30 am but worth it,we won 7-2.speak later.

Physio went well, she’s got to go again in january.weathers been ok today,no rain took Heidi out twice so she is happy.

Got my puds steamed; they smell lovely, looking forward to trying this new recipe! Good chat with my friend- her mum is now in a home with dementia, but lived with them for 3 years, so she had lots of helpful advice…I helped mum with some banking stuff yesterday & found the folder of ‘letters to be dealt with’ stuffed in a random drawer in the filing cabinet! Xena was good while she was here.
    Both boys off today, lots of cooking food being done for them! But I have stayed strong, hoping for a FD! Youngest took Xena out for a walk, they both enjoyed it, I’ve caught up on ironing & other jobs as she was tired afterwards!
    Have a good evening everyone….

Biscuits… A tin of biscuits was given to us today for crimbo, and I have already devoured half of them. I feel like such a little piggy… Luckily tommorrow is a fast day, so I can rein it in a little bit…
    The wife has said that after christmas she is going to come off of weight watchers and join me on the 5:2, which is a little bit exciting. It means that she doesn’t see what I am doing as just a ‘fad’. She says that she will find the 500 calories for two days a week easier to handle, than counting points everyday with WW. At least I will have company I guess…

Brief post….

We had the vet come to the house today and we said goodbye to Ellie at 4.15pm this afternoon. It was time…for her I think, but not for us.
    The tumour on her nose was restricting her breathing and the one on her leg was starting to go bad like the one before. She was still eating and alert to the end but the vet reassured us we were making the right decision and being kind.
    It happened so quickly and painlessly and although she was quite anxious as she didnt know what was happening, she didnt need a sedative and she would have been far worse having to go in the car and into the vets.

Im not quite sure how to function right now, having no children, she was my world and I feel my soul has been ripped out. Even though we’ve been blessed with far more time than was ever thought possible since her diagnosis, and Ive been trying to prepare myself for this moment, all that doesnt help right now.

Damn cancer….first my nephew and now Ellie….such a sad 5 months.

I know this is the down side of having a pet and Ive been here before but Ellie was different and this is going to take some getting used to, if ever.

Not sure when I’ll be back with you all and back on the 5:2 journey. Maybe Ill just flit in and out who knows.
    Anyway peace to you all x

My heart goes out to you,I dread the day Heidi goes,I know it sounds bad but I get more upset with dogs than humans.

I know what you mean…

Oh Kay, I’m sorry to hear that. x

I don’t know what was wrong with me last night, I couldn’t stop eating! I made the mistake of buying a reduced price fruit loaf in the shop that I nipped into for cat food, and it all went downhill from there.

I keep thinking it’s Friday, and I still have no idea what days I’m working next week. Very frustrating.

Dear Kay..
    Such a hard decision but you did it for Ellie..she had a lovely two more years after her diagnosis, she was definitely a fighter….you can’t have sadness without love..they go hand in hand…you and Neil had lots of love to give and she gave it back to you.

I was upset with you last night..I know how you feel we were absolutely devastated when we lost Symba she was our baby and she chose us…all I would say for us, we left her bed and toys in the lounge it was 6 months before we moved them, that helped us with the grieving process.

Please come back in the New Year to us, try to get back to normality when you feel like you can, you are so raw at the moment….we would miss you.

I feel for you both very much..💔..sending you lots of hugs and love..

Jean x

Morning All..
    Blue sky morning..

Our last fast of the year today and also the last weigh in tomorrow …hoping to go out for my cream, I hope the dates are good and a few bits but more or less finished.

If you want a laugh put..Kay’s Cooking on utube…..the only tip she wants is a cook book…she used half pound of lard then put low fat mince in the pan…she made a quiche, that was mind blowing! glad I wasn’t eating at her house…cleanliness!

Pseu..
    Are you already in Christmas mode now?…we start Friday..

Jean x

Dont feel much like eating, which is a bonus, but trying to keep up the fluids.

Really bad hail showers in the night, my car alarm went off twice!
    Today the sun is out.

Neil is in work so Ive stayed in bed. Will try and get some more sleep.

Jean, I moved everything into the garage straight away, thinking it would be easier but I dont know if its helping or not. May try and bring a couple of things back in and see if that helps rather than stare at empty places where things were.

I need to tackle the shops at some point, and pick up my prescription…we’ll see.

I should have been having conference call this morning with someone from head office to address our grievances about not being paid our holiday hours, but I got it cancelled. The other 2 are going ahead with theirs so Ill see how they get on. Still no word on whats happening to the company, still in hands of KPMG.

Going to plan a long walk for when we both off work soon. Something we’ve not been able to do for a long time. Ellie used to enjoy that when she was well.

Thanks everyone. I’ll be in and out. Its quite nice to have a place to talk as sadly Im not feeling that close to my family right now and dont have any real life friends.

Is anyone else having difficult with email notifications? The box is ticked but Im not getting the emails.

Kx

Kay..
    We couldn’t cope with the empty room.. we moved them out and then put some of them back..we both cried a lot for two weeks then it eased a bit.. no one seemed to understand..she was only a cat!..but she our baby.

Jean x

I am in tears now just reading on here,I keep stroking Heidi, when my last dog died who we had for 15 years I put all his things away.I would still expect him to be behind the door when I came home from work,time is a great healer but it’s so difficult when it first happens.Not had anything to eat but not sure if I will do a fast day or wait until next year.

Well we are back from the shops…all very busy already….all done here, tomorrow Christmas starts…

The best cream I found was 27th, none at all at Lidl, if anyone wants a better date leave for another day…

Jean x

Lidl are awful with cream, I found that when I was doing keto, they only had it in once in a blue moon.

Hello my name is Grace I go to the same church as Tabby, she wanted asked me to let you all know her daughter had an other brain hemmorage on the 14th December and passed away on the 15th she has asked me to let you all know that she wont be back and to wish you all well

Hello Grace, thanks for letting us know. It’s absolutely heartbreaking, my heart goes out to Tabby and her family. Please pass my sincere condolences. Liesbeth

Murphy and Tabby…

What very sad news, our thoughts are with you. You have your beautiful grandchild and son in law I can’t comprehend what you are all going through..

Look after each other, sending you lots of love and hugs..

Come back in the New Year and have any support which we could give you..

Thankyou Murphy for letting us know..

Take care..

Jean and Steve x

Liesbeth and Jean i will pass on your kind wishes to Tabby

Grace xx

Hi All.

I cannot believe on the sadness of our thread this year, we are a small bunch of friends…. I think we have had 5 deaths and losing Josie and Ellie..sorry if my add up isn’t quite right…

Lots of memories and sadness this holiday for lots of people..

X

Yes it’s absolutely awful news.

It’s turned out a fast day after all.Hockey tonight so it will be a late one.

Grace-please pass on hugs to Tabby, so sorry to hear her terrible news. I’ll keep on praying for her & hope that their little granddaughter is a light in the darkness of this awful time. So thoughtful of her to let us know…
    Kay- thinking of you too, I know how you feel, but it sounds like the time was right to make that decision, & so pleaded you were able to keep Ellie at home. I cleared Josie’s things out straight away, couldn’t bear to look at them, but then the empty spaces are just as hard…big hugs to you as well.
    Pseudo- if I were you I’d take the whole week off!
    Jean- hope the weigh in is good…
    Dave- you appreciate your Heidi, it’s good that you do, she sounds like a gem!
    Mim- I’m the same when I get started, have managed to resist the stuff so far, just!
    Really pleased that my FD went well yesterday, not sure if I can squeeze in another one!
    Supposed to have taken Xena out with our dog sitter & her dog today but she forgot, so we took her out to an enclosed area, & let her off the lead- she was a star & came back okay, & had a play with another lab. Did our big shop, then popped in to mum’s, she was really upset today, we had a weepy together, & flipping Tesco bank have lost the forms we sent in, so have to re-do them…sigh

I think the fast day is going to go down hill, feeling like something naughty to eat.Denise as been doing her physio,she did it all apart from standing on one foot and bringing the other up to her knee.

Hi All..
    Finished our fasting our last of the year…quite looking forward to having a few weeks off…then again as the weight goes up I will be changing my mind 😂

Hedgehog…
    Glad your fast day went well…are you weighing in before Xmas?…a sad time as Christmas approaches you will all feel it…

Lynne..
    Thinking of you too a hard time for you and the girls…

Dave..
    Glad the physio went well…looks like Christmas has arrived for you..

Jean x

Yes Jean not gave in yet but crumbling fast🥨🥯🥞🍗🥜.

Evening everyone,

Grace, please pass my condolences to Tabby. Such an incredibly sad loss and so thoughtful of her to let us know. I’ll keep the family in my prayers.

Lynne x

Kay, I now how dear Ellie was to you and Neil and how hard it was to make the decision to let her go. The last 2 years you kept her alive with your love.

Acknowledge your feelings for what they are, grief. Do as you would if you lost anyone your loved – cry, get angry, laugh about the good times, talk of her, and take some comfort knowing that you were able to help bring an end her suffering when the time was right and that you were with her.

I think most of us have faced the same tough decision at some time, so we understand what you are feeling, but I know that to you Ellie was not simply your pet.

If ever you want to talk about her, you know where to find us.

Lynne x

MurphyG (Grace) please pass om my love and kind wishes…how devastating…I did wonder as I saw she had deleted her account. Just hope that the new baby will give a chink of light in a very dark place.
    Brought tears to my eyes with memories of my nephew who died the week before his son was born. Baby Toby has definitely helped the close family, so hopefully Tabbys grand daughter can do the same.

I stayed in bed all day until Neil came home at 3ish as I didnt want to come downstairs to an empty house. He did drag me out to a short blustery walk on the beach but everything felt raw..first time leaving the house without her, first time seeing another dog, going on the beach, returning home etc

Sadly I dont have a faith, belief or understanding of what happens after death (no offence to anyone of course) so Im struggling with making sense of everything.

All of you with pets, do me a favour and give them a big squeeze and fuss.

Sometimes a loss in your life hurts more than anything else and any other loss. Ellie is mine
    Im getting worse not better, but maybe thats part of the process.

Bear with me, Ill stop rambling soon but just need somewhere to vent. Sadly I cant speak to my family (another story) so only one of my nieces know although I have texted my mum. I do think thats adding to my grief, but I have Neil and thats all I need, but of course hes grieving too!

Still not getting email alerts…

Kay, we do understand, please talk to us a much as you need to. Give yourself time…it will pass, slowly, wish we could give you a hug, but am thinking of you xx

All going well, winning 5-0 quarter of an hour to go.

Food wise it’s not looking good today! Feeling hungry already & have made brownies ready for my friend & her daughter…they’re calling me 😞🐷

Morning All…
    A drizzly day yet again..

On our last weigh in of this year we have both lost this week..conclusion over the year I am only 1 lb up and Steve is 3 lbs lower, so a good result..a good maintaining year.

We are now declaring Christmas 🎅🏼..next weigh in for us 20th January it will be definitely be a ouch but fun..

Kay..
    Keep chatting to us about anything you want, it all effects our weight…we all have our moments…don’t be disheartened with your family, I understand totally I have them moments too…you have to try and not get too upset…Steve can manage now but I struggle.

It will take a lot of time to heal with Ellie but it will…slowly..

Dave..
    A good game worth a stay up…

Hedgehog..
    Are fasting today?….ohh brownies we have had some bought as a present for Christmas, we were told to open them, they are absolutely gorgeous…I have been looking for recipes already…only had one each but they are shouting for me 😂

Chocolate sweet making today….😀

Jean x

Merry Christmas everyone,it’s almost here.Lots of chocolate to come,a few cakes,I think my next two weigh-ins will be up then the weight loss begins again.

My son has been full of a cold,now Denise as got a sore throat and lost her voice,she can’t shout at me now😁 hope I don’t get it for Christmas.

Hi All…
    We went out for Haddock and chips, really lovely…no cooking tonight 😂

I have made my mazipan and date sweets …and chocolate rum balls they are a new recipe..

Finished now for the day…having a cuppa and a brownie …

Dave..I hope you haven’t got what we have had in the house…it’s two weeks now, still have it but improving it’s a long job.

Jean x

Jean-a really goid maintaining year for you given the year you’ve had, gold star for you & Steve!! 🌟 Not fasting today, I want to fast one of the weekend days, we are actually quiet with nothing planned so I could…haven’t weighed either as I know it won’t be good! I haven’t stuck to keto so you do get water weight on…after Christmas I’ll stick better to it- hopefully!
    Dave- hope you stay well & don’t get the cold- no singing for Denise either?! Happy Christmas & chocolate to you! 🎄🍫
    Christmas not being declared here until Christmas Eve!
    Had a nice visit with my friend- her daughter came too as she loves Xena, she has been ill with anxiety, self-harming & OCD & struggled at Uni, so hard to believe as she’s so confident & chatty when we get together…luckily Xena was well behaved! Now waiting for mum to come round, doing dinner for her tonight.

Hedgehog…
    You are very good waiting for Christmas Eve to declaring Christmas….we always declared Christmas on the 1st Dec, re buying as we went 😂 those were the fat days 😂..we are much better behaved now…

How sad for your friends daughter you wonder why they self harm and have anxiety…such pressure these days…glad Zena helped the situation…

Jean x

Just looking at the hockey fixtures,think they play three out of four nights,if I watch them all it would be like working nights again.Denise can be heard again now but her throat is very sore.

Dave..
    Hope Denise soon feels better…gargle with whiskey! And drink it….x

X

Jean I am looking at holiday insurance with medical conditions
    Heart attack
    Arthritis
    They range from £50-26 to £300 for Europe.
    The websites are https://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/
    AllClear Travel

And https://medicaltravelcompared.co.uk/
    Medical Travel Compared

Check them out .

They do worldwide too

Dave..
    Thanks …we are ok till June then the search will start….we paid an extra £10 to add on for Steves bad back which wasn’t too bad..

X

Just added it to my notes for when we are looking..
    X

Feeling hot and tired, hope I am not getting the dreaded lurgy but going to bed now, unheard of for me at this time.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,401 through 20,450 (of 35,428 total)

You must be logged in to reply.