Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,927 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 12 hours, 44 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,501 through 20,550 (of 35,414 total)

• Lovely catchup and meal with stepdaughter..she is up at 4am so we are all having an early night..

Jean x

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.. anyone bought anything from the sales??

At the Holiday Inn Heathrow Airport .. 9.30 flight in the morning..just sat relaxing reading.. early night for us..

Xx

Morning All..
    Sat waiting for flight…

Be good everyone while I am away ..you will all get a head start on me…

We shall be back on the 19th.. a week of fasting then our first weigh in for both of us..

Happy New Year to you all let’s hope it’s a better one.. a lot of sadness and illness this year.

I will be popping by at strange times, I am 6 hours behind..

Jean x

So your on central time, when I watch hockey I am on eastern time which is five hours behind, watched hockey the last two nights and went to Blackburn yesterday to watch them play,they lost 7-0 and my Canadian team list at home 4-0.Hope you have a good flight Jean.Fear the worst for my weigh-ins tomorrow,as Jean would say a line will be drawn under it😁

Not looking good, Denise has out in half a stone over Christmas so I will probably put on more🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽

Happy New Year to you all..

A long journey but we suprised everyone.. little Charlotte asked if we were staying to sleep, with big smiles..Katie picked up on something but didn’t guess, the vicar nearly spoilt it! Boys excited. Maxi nearly wagged his bum off, he remembered us 😁

Dave good luck on the weigh in

Have a lovely day ..

Jean x

Very bad news on the weigh-in,gained a stone 🐖🐖🐖🐽🐽🐽.Not had much alcohol only three bottles of beer since August, stopping the 5-2 for three weeks and the exorcising stopped for the same time didn’t help.Too much chocolate so that will stop from tomorrow.My target for the coming year is to lose three stone’s, so watch this space.I now weigh 21-5 stone so I must try much harder.😂😂😂.

Happy New Year everyone, fasting starts again now.

Happy New Year to you all..

Dave.. a stone is a big one, it will soon move..,

Getting ready for fireworks I am not very keen…just had a lovely roast beef dinner and wine..yummy

All very quiet on here.

Jean x

Just gone quiet here, Heidi won’t go out,too scared

Hi guys caspdexy here, it’s been 2yrs since I originally posted here, I see symba, minols and Jean are still here,nice to know there are still some originals about😁, so it another new year and again I am at the point that I am desperate to loose weight, last time I managed to loose about 2.5stones before medical issues took me out of things, so as a recap, I am now 48yr old female, married with a 12yr old daughter, I am currently around 21stones 😭 and also have atrial fibrillation, unfortunately the beta blockers that I take now for my heart also slows down everything else, including my metabolism, like I needed that, it also means that I pretty much can’t get out of 1st gear, but all this besides, I am struggling to get going and ache all over most days, so I have to try this journey again and see if I can get some weight off, my plan is to do 5:2 initially but I preferred 4:3 last time, but will work up to that, and I am hoping to get off my butt and try walking, although I warn you now I hate walking Lol, I have also changed jobs since last time and now work at Tesco but only 2 days a week, this also doesn’t help as I am lieing in bed way to late most mornings. So just thought I would say Hi, will be hanging about this week and will get going on Sunday, possibly Monday.

Tammy x

Hi Tammy I am on beta blockers and five other tablets,I had an heart attack in September and I am half a stone heavier than you,I aim to lose three stone this year,if I manage that I would try to lose another 1-5 stone the year after and would then be happy at around 17 stone,I have shrunk a little but I am around 6″ 1′.First fast of the year tomorrow.

Morning All..
    Looks like a brighter day..a lot of rain yesterday…

I went out on the Maxi’s walk in tee shirt we got drenched 😂 ..full change of clothes needed ( I had just had my shower and hair blow) he is off his lead now and I am not keen on walking him like that for me. Good chatty walk with my daughter which is lovely.

Big fireworks last night, illegal in built up areas the large banging ones.. the police past by and had a word, we had more or less finished they were ok about it.. just 😂.. everybody’s fireworks were going off for about three hours… very noisy..

Must kerb the wine today had a few to many for calories and apple pie on top… I don’t want 10 lbs extra when I come home like last time… over 13,000 steps yesterday hoping that helps.

Tammy ..
    Welcome back I do think it helps to keep on here just to pull you in a bit.. good luck to the New Years plan.

Dave..
    A plan for you too.. 3 stone off.. you been with us nearly a year and done really well.. with birthdays coming we pushed you into it a month early, it was a good start 😁

No idea what’s planned today .. dog walk first thing after breakfast..about 18 degrees but up and crashes down a bit too, it seems warmer when rain is about..

Hope everyone has had a good break and are gently getting back into the fasting.. hoping all the choccies are eaten..

Have a good day .,

Jean x

All the chocolates gone now,it’s going to be -1° tonight and possibly snow when you get home Jean,they say the third week in January, another beast from the east.I wish I had a bladder like Heidi she held on for 14 hours,wish I could 😁

Hi Guys thanks for the welcome.

Dave, such a shame about your heart attack, I have the beta blockers and blood thinners and the water tablets to counter act the puffy legs from the beta blockers!!!, oh to be 6 ft, I am only 5’3″, if I keep up like this, I will be as round ad I am tall!!!. 3 stones is definitely do able, good luck.

Still have half a box of chocs and box of biscuits to go and probably loads more 😭

I don’t have water tablets if I did I might as well just stay on the toilet 😮at the doctor’s tomorrow,I was on naproxen for arthritis but they stopped them when I had my heart attack but they didn’t stop the pain,so I will see what can be done.

Dave, I take co-codamol now for pain, mine is quite a low strength, but you get much stronger, you should ask your doc to put it on repeat prescription, it works great for me.
    Tammy

I went to doctor’s two months ago and got co-codamol,8mg/500mg,I didn’t want the strongest ones,they work great but are addictive,but seeing that I am on my heart tablets the rest of my life one more won’t make much difference,I will ask for them tomorrow.

Evening All..
    A couple of dog walks in today.. weather has been beautiful about 20 degrees and blue sky..a funny day as lots of places closed..

Tomorrow with the children then two are back to school Thursday then Charlotte Monday..

I have a swollen foot, a spider bite my first evening, it’s driving me crackers with scratching, hot, red and swollen ☹️

Jean x

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
    Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
    Tammy, welcome back! Its 2 years since I started posting on this thread too, and I have to say last year was rather hit and miss. I’ll try to post more this year. It does help! I remember when we did B2B fasts, three in a row one time! Can’t imagine that right now lol
    I’m attempting a FD today, will be difficult after all the Christmas food/drink, but I need to do this!
    Have a great day guys, and good luck anyone fasting.
    Stomach rumbling already! More coffee I think 🙂

Morning all
    I’m new to this forum and to fasting. On my first fast day today. Am going to try different approaches to see which one works. I’m 57 and weighing in at 14 stone 10 1/2. I used the weigh 11 stone but the menopause and huge amounts of stress put paid to that. I also am in recovery from a binge eating disorder. I have an underactive thyroid as well. Anyhow am at work today, I work 3 days a week. Have had breakfast and left husband instructions on what to cook for dinner. Doing my weights class tonight. I’ve always exercised just need to sort out the eating

Welcome Jannyannie, keep coming on here it really does help.My first fast of the year so far I am ok, doctor’s in three hours but first time to take doggie out,see if she meets any new friends.

Morning All..
    A drizzly morning here.. watching from my bed..
    Having a shower after Maxi’s walk this morning lesson learnt from the drenching of the other day..

The neighbour across the road is always bringing gifts to our family, so lovely they haven’t any children..apple pies, cakes, tins of lovely biscuits, yesterday caramel chocolate pretzels so yummy.. so many no one is bothered in eating them, such a shame..it’s so hard for us.. I shall try and do a fast today or maybe tomorrow when things are more back to normal..

DF..
    Lovely to have you back with a plan in hand… good luck with your fast today .. maybe start your lunch time walking again…

Jannyannie..
    Welcome to our thread.. good luck with your new way of life.. shout if you need any help..hoping hubby cooks something which fits in with fasting..

Dave..
    Any new friends for Heidi today.. hope hospital goes well..

Well I suppose I must move… 8am from the chimes in the lounge..

Have a good everyone.. good luck to the fasters..

Jean x

Went to doctor’s and he has put on a repeat prescription for Co-codamol,also he is sending me to hospital for x-rays on my knees.I went into Lloyds pharmacy for my prescription,the shop was empty so I thought to myself this will be quick,she said 30 minutes wait so I left it in the shop and will go back tomorrow.Still no food consumed so doing ok,think I will have to do another fast tomorrow seeing that I didn’t do my usual Monday.

Thanks for the welcome. So far I’m doing ok. Hungry with the headache from hell which I know is carb and sugar withdrawal. Just got to the gym. Looking forward to my tea

Cottage pie with sweet potato for tea,only 300 calories or just over😋leaves room for yoghurt 😁

Husband did me proud, cooked me a superb stir fry. I never thought food could taste as good

Afternoon All…

Fast day fell in… so hard on holiday!!

Well done Dave and Janny… DF how are you doing?

I will have to have big positive thoughts when we are back…

Jean x

I am sure you will be fine when you get home Jean, meanwhile enjoy yourself.

Evening all, just home from work and am heading to a friend’s house, there will be booze and food 🤦‍♀️.

Dave, glad your getting the pain killers, can i ask are you in Britian?

Jannyannie, welcome, I just returned yesterday after a 2 yr absence.

DF, Hi, good luck this year.

Jean, did you manage your fast?

Right better get going, catch you all tomorrow

Tammy x

Hi Tammy I live in Manchester UK.

A bit nippy here -2°C.Fast day was good, will try another Thursday.

Hi just back from my friends it’s 1.30am, didn’t eat too much but drank too much.

Dave for some reason I thought you were in Canada!!!

Catch you tomorrow or is that today lol

Happy New Year

Decorations all packed away, my girls have gone home and I was back at work yesterday. Just a pound up in December over all despite all the get togethers so not too bad. First fast yesterday and finished up on 480 calories.

Hope you’re having a lovely time Jean. Sounds like it was a lovely surprise.

Well done to everyone who’s got back into the swing of fasting straight away and hello to new people and people joining us back again.

Focussing on my hols for motivation in June. Last time I went to Istanbul I was 3 stone lighter. I can do this.

CW

Morning all 🙂 Another cold one! My first FD yesterday took me slightly over, but did okay considering. I think its the alcohol more than food over Christmas that has added on a few pounds .. I do love my wine, but it was every evening .. with Christmas as the excuse lol. I’m having a low day today.

Welcome Jannyannie! Sounds like you had a good day yesterday 🙂 I love stir-fry its great on a FD.

Cakey – I’m focusing on Summer too .. no hols booked as yet, but I want to feel comfortable again this year, wherever I am. I don’t at the moment 🙁

Hope everyone else is okay, Jean are you and Steve fasting today?

xx

Hi all

I am a total newbie on my first ever Fast Day, tummy rumbling like mad.

I am 56 year old female, need to lose at least 3.5 stone as I am fed up of being the ‘fat one’. Also as a single parent to a teenager I want to make sure I am around to see her grow into a woman and I don’t want to go down the blood pressure/cholesterol tablet route.

Looking for a buddy to help me along the way. Would also like to know how everyone is doing weight loss wise as a encouragement for me to keep to the plan.

Thanks

Hello Daw I lost three stone so it does work, hoping to loose three stone this year,I am doing another fast day today then I will go back to Monday and Thursday for my regular fast days.Tammy the ice hockey team I support is from Canada.Going for an x-ray now on my knees,speak later.

Morning All..
    Lots of rain forecast even flooding in some areas.. it looks like another day off school for the children..

No fast yesterday.. it’s just too hard.. we had a Thai meal last night.. I am not in charge of meals…first fast will be 19th ! ☹️

Dave..
    Good luck on your knees I hope you are not going down Denise’s route..

Tammy..
    Hope your evening went well..it’s always the drinks that spoil it 😂

Cakey..
    A plan for the year.., holidays are always the carrot to loose..

DF..
    Just can’t fast!.. we will wait till we get home now. I wanted to weigh in before we came away but forgot so it will he xmas weight and holidays together..glad your fast went well …

Daw..
    Welcome ..come and keep with us it does help..I am sort of maintaining loosing 2 stone.. and keeping it that this last year..I would like to go for another 7 lbs off after my holidays ( away at the moment).. it’s a great way to loose weight just a bit of effort at the start is needed..

Just lazing really nothing planned.. lovely doing family things and catching up..getting up time for us soon it’s 7.45..

Have a great day..

Jean x

Hi Daw, I’m 52, f, and have 4.5 stones to lose. I’ve started this a couple of times before (and done every other diet under the sun) – I would love to follow your progress and share updates.

Having someone to track progress with would be a real motivator – will check on how you are doing when I am on the forum next. First fast day for me on Saturday (though I plan to do Tuesdays and Thursdays most weeks).

Hello to all other Fast Dieters on here, hope you are having a great day.

Thanks Symba7 and CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom I am happy to be your diet buddy we can keep track of our progress together. I am well into my first FD ever although I admit it has been hard and my tummy is growling

Daw, that’s great. I will catch up with you soon. Hope the rest of your day gets a little easier.

Afternoon all
    Pot of potato soup on the go, it’s freezing here, I wasn’t planning a fast till next week but have kinda done one today, 2 cups of coffee and a taste of my soup, which I will have for tea, potato soup probably not the best choice on a fast day but better than chips lol.
    So I will weight in tomorrow for my official start weight.

Hi to all the newbies, I always used to post up my weight and loss, your the only ones that know exactly how much I weigh.

Dave hope the x-ray goes well, my hubby has lost his job due to bad knees and has been told they will fix them if he looses weight, he is probably very similar to yourself height and weight, but he won’t do anything to loose the weight, he is also being tested for diabetes? You would think that would be enough to get his arse off his chair, where he has sat for the past year!!! Don’t get me started lol.

Hi to everyone else, hope your all having good days and fasts.

Very lazy day, am away to see if I can do a walking playlist, see if I can convince myself to start walking.

Afternoon All…
    A busy day here helping daughter to take down decorations and two trees.. all away now just the clean up…

Daw…
    I always think of a rumbling tummy as eating away your fat away !!.. keep strong nearly finished for the day…

Cherry…
    Good luck to the New Years eating plan… are you joining us on here and sharing as you go.. it’s nice to give each other support.. we are all buddies together.

Tammy..
    Hoping to start walking when back or should I say continue walking.., dog walking here every day..

A play list sounds a good idea..I love potato and leek soup…enjoy..

Think we may go out soon absolutely raining here, we are on a flood alert but not in this neighbourhood .. some rivers and roads I think..children off school back tomorrow now.

Keep strong all the fasters

Jean x

I had my x-ray’s done,he said will your jeans roll up above your knee,they did just about but not high enough so he said I can get you a gown if you want ,I didn’t bother just took them off while he did it,a bit tricky when he said out one leg behind and bend the other one,hard to balance but managed in the end.Fast day has been ok not had anything yet and done 8000 steps,the hospital is huge and I had to go from one end to the other.

Hello all, welcome to the new folk.

I was blocked on here for two weeks straight!!! For some reason they keep picking up my IP address as a spammer and blocking me, it’s getting ridiculous!

Been trying to fast this week, wobbled on Wednesday evening when I tried to put away my jar of peanut butter and ended up eating it. Fasted yesterday. Want to fast today but I’ve been bullied into going to see my eldest brother and his family, who are down visiting my parents, after work. I’ve told my mother not to make me dinner as I don’t intend to be there that long, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she does anyway. I don’t want to go, but I got out of it last time they visited and I can’t get away with it twice in a row.

Plan to join a few clubs next week, need to start exercising again, feel like I’ve put a fair bit on over December, feeling very uncomfortable. There’s a running club I’m looking to join on Monday, I miss running, and a karate club I’m intending to join on Tuesday. I want to start hiking again too, since I love it, but at the moment I always have too much to do or the weather is too scabby. Juggling work, a uni assignment, and my volunteering work at the moment. Bit tricky.

Hope you’re all well.

Morning all

Yep completed my first ever FD yesterday and feeling proud of myself, kept at it despite the growling tummy.

Onwards and upwards.

Morning all
    Second fast day today. Amazed that yesterday I didn’t want to binge. No breakfast today and I have tuna salad for lunch

Morning all
    First fast done yesterday, went well.

Daw, I remember only to well from when I fasted before, to be careful what I ate the next day, there were days I would stuff my face and land on the loo for 5hrs straight!!!, needless to say, I am watching what I eat today lol.

Well did my first weigh-in and came in at 20 stones 1.8lbs, which although is bloody horrendous, is actually lower than when I did this 2yrs ago, which I am totally shocked at but pleased.

Have been called to go into work early today, so I have a 9hr shift ahead of me, I don’t mind it, but the long shifts set my A-Fib off.

Hi to everyone else, good luck to the fastest, and I will check in later.

Tammy

Hi @caspdexy

Thanks for the warning!!, I am trying to take is steady today and limit my intake.

Will gorge today after back 2back fasts, don’t like doing b2b fastsbut seeing that my usual day was new year’s eve I had to change.I will try to stay 200 below my TDEE on food days,I must start exercising again,I enjoyed it when I was doing cardio rehab.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,501 through 20,550 (of 35,414 total)

You must be logged in to reply.