Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,935 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 15 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,101 through 20,150 (of 35,422 total)

• I have had three cats and three dogs,I like them both.If I was forced to pick I would go for dogs.

Tabbby..
    How lovely, it’s so exciting when they arrive as babies..Teddy is a lovely name….glad he was ok when you left him….I must say you were really good keeping away from the buffet..😇

We have had three pups around this year within the family but not us..our two daughters and my sister…I really could be tempted but we go on holidays too much and we are getting too old now…

Hedgehogs lab is still a puppy..lots on here with dogs….our 21 year old cat was put to sleep 14 months ago we miss her loads…

Jean x

It’s the worst thing in the world when you lose a pet,my first dog was 19 years old when she died,and we had a cat that grew up with her which was 17 once the dog died the cat refused to eat anymore so we lost both dog and cat together.

Jean my cat Murphy was 22 when he had to be put to sleep with kidney failure it broke my heart and i swore i wouldnt have another animal but hay ho along came Teddy and i am besoted, we go to ireland a lot on holiday so teddy will be able to come with us we are not fussed about going abroad but if we do my sister will take him as she has got his sister

Tabbby..
    Murphy was a good age.we was so upset ourselves she was part of our pack as she chose us….Nice to have a plan in place…I have never been to Ireland ..would love to go and have a pint of Guinness.

My daughter lives in Louisiana so we try and visit for three weeks a year..other holidays are with our caravan..

Jean x

Jean the Guinness in Ireland is the best, i have never been to America, where is your caravn ?,

Tabbby..
    It’s a dream to have a Guinness in Ireland, I only drink half a pint but I would have a pint!…

We have tourer we try and go away twice a month for about three nights, just makes a break from been at home as we are retired…we sometimes get to France maybe next year no decision yet..

Xx

Morning all…had a busy weekend, saw mum lots but we played the games she likes rather than sorting stuff, think we all needed a break! Made a tiny start on some Christmas shopping, not really in the mood. Then Xena kept me busy the rest of the time…
    Read all your posts but not getting time to join in, fasting today & going to choose flowers & bank accounts to sort…happy fasting anyone!

Morning all.

Busy weekend but got all the planned things fitted in – and cos one of them was OH’s family bringing the boy home after a sleepover, I had to tidy the house, too… So I’m going into the week tidy and clean – yay!

However, I didn’t mean a massive pizza-fest which we then finished up yesterday so really glad today is a FD. I think that was why I was up most of the night, too. Enjoyed Grand Design catch up – 3 on the trot, but I’ll pay for it later! Not a night owl you, Dave.

FNcy night out was good, wedding lovely, shinty tournament a lot of fun and the boy played well – some good teamwork going on. And now the week starts with a day of visits, I think. Probably easier to stay off the food if I keep myself a moving 🎯.

Love that this thread is pet-friendly (like my favourite pubs!) our old dog is holding his own – lively as you like, never phased by his wobbly back end. Hoped he’d have a full coat on his back by Christmas but not so sure now… Still about 1/3 bald! And the last surgery was January! Doesn’t stop him rolling when it’s frosty.

Right. Better get ready for work and do the boy:s sandwiches. Have a good one everybody.

Mx

Well, I’m back in the office after a week of freedom. Have a huge pile of invoices to deal with, not much fun. FD for me today.

FD for me today too,just took Heidi out and it’s quite warm outside,had to open my coat and take my hat off.Storm Diana is on its way,you will get it before me Jean,it’s coming from the east.Its my last rehab on Wednesday and my toe is still very sore,I will miss it and the people.

Afternoon All…

Just been to empty the caravan and take her in for the yearly service…I find it a pain to do…collect her tomorrow or Wednesday…car chocca full with stuff better than the hallway…lol

We are not fasting today as step daughter will be arriving later so going out for a ‘ Xmas’ meal, it’s lovely to have her here as it’s quite a way to come from Newport when she is on shifts..especially nice for Steve, they talk bikes and cars!!

We will fast tomorrow..

Hedgehog..
    Your head will feel all over the place…just pop by when you can…

Minols..
    Lovely to start the week lovely clean and tidy…your old dog is surviving which is lovely even with a wobbly back end..bless him…

Pseu..
    Hoping your invoices are going down…and you are feeling a better into a Monday spirit…

Dave..
    Hoping storm Diana doesn’t brew up too much until the caravan is back in storage..possibly Wednesday am..😬..have you made a doctors appointment for Denise??

Have a good fast day everyone….we are fasting tomorrow

Jean x

Afternoon all

Been tidying and cleaning downstairs, now having a coffee before heading outside for half an hour, to do a bit of tidying up, before storm diana hits us in a couple of days!

Not eaten much today. I was going to do a few days of 800 cals but I may just do 4:3 and fast today instead.

Neil is working lates until Friday, so me and ellie are home alone for afternoons and evenings, so I will need to keep busy to avoid snack attacks!

Ellie has finished her antibiotics and the steroid dosage drops today, so not sure how she will fare as the week goes on. The large tumour on her leg is still in tact, so still a waiting game. Just cooked her an egg 😊

Jean, Im sorry you had one of ‘those’ family meet ups again. At least your step daughter visit today will be much nicer.
    I cant believe you still have chocolate hidden away….some must be close to best before dates 😀

Dave, bully Denise if you have to! Its best to get it sorted rather than be miserable and put up with things.

Pseu, hoping you make headway in work and get on top of things.

CW, sounds like you are heading into a busy time too.

Minols, glad old dog is still plodding on. A good weekend and a clean house, in spite of pizza. Good luck on FD.

HH, one day at a time and do what feels right for you all.

Tabbby, awww Teddy sounds cute.

Hi everyone else, hope your Monday is going well.

Kay x

Denise has got an appointment on Thursday at doctors 👍👍👍,just hope he or she can do something for her pain.Been an easy FD up to now,I bought an Echo Show and it came today so have been playing about with it😀.

Kay..
    You look like you have a plan in place..we have eaten a bit this week so hopefully our three fasts will pull us back…keep busy and get on top of your jobs..a bit chilly to do outside ones…

Chocolate never really goes out of date..some I use for my muesli buns, they done from time to time…I have just done some more because I know step daughter likes them..they last three weeks so we slowly eat them when we are allowed….I must check the dates…

Steve picks up the two bars of chocolate like we used to in the past from Aldi…..it makes him happy then he forgets we have it..I just store it away…😂

Keeping fingers crossed for Ellie…..she has done so well…

Dave..
    Glad Denise has an appointment she needs sorting out before xmas….

Keep strong everyone..

Jean x

Hello

Hope all Monday fasters are doing ok. I’ve managed with just one coffee so far so tummy rumbling and looking forward to something later, maybe try & wait until about 7.

Fasters autocorrects to tasters in my phone. Ironic.

CW

Just tried it Cakes but it came up fasters on my phone 😀, still had no food, will wait a little longer.I forgot the tickets I booked ages ago for 60s concert is this Friday,hope Denise can get there ok, Will have to get a taxi I think difficult parking in town.

Evening!
    Kay- hugs to Ellie, she’s doing so well. Keep out the cupboards tonight!
    Minols- hugs to your old boy too…nice that the weekend went well, & a clean house! Hope the visits & FD have gone well.
    Jean- enjoy SD visit & meal out!
    Cakey- hope the travelling goes well this week. Sad about your mum, know how hard that is…
    Dave- glad you have a doctors appt for Denise, hope that they can help her. I’ve never tried it but know a couple of people who’ve had good results with acupuncture, would Denise try it?
    Pseudo- hope fasting & work go okay. Have you given the scuba diving another go?
    Tabby- we have an 18 week lab puppy, she has been very naughty tonight! Hope yours is better?!
    Gill- shift work is a nightmare for the waistline! I did alternate day fasting to shift the weight a bit quicker, I’m not that patient! Only lost 2lbs a week though!
    Difficult day again, makes fasting easier though! Ploughing through all of dad’s files, found some accounts he didn’t tell us about, I think he was getting confused at the time, understandable… Better than finding out about illegitimate children like he found when his Dad died! Their half brother came forward to try to claim something from Grandpa’s estate, that was a huge shock for everyone!

Evening All.

A lovely meal out and a good chatty night…all very tired..

Fasting now into tomorrow..

Cakey..
    Hope your night went well…

Dave..
    Glad she has an appointment she can’t go on like this….

Hedgehog..
    Has Xena been in the naughty corner..hope she’s settled now…..I suppose it’s difficult finding things you shouldn’t know about going through people’s personel things…

Night night..

Jean x

I don’t want to go back to work tomorrow, I hate it. The job itself isn’t that bad, it’s the seething unfriendliness from my brother, I just want to tell him to stuff his stupid job. One day. Good luck running the place without me.

Finished the day on about 550cals, I’ll take that as a FD then.

Tomorrow I need to calorie count to stick to TDEE!

K x

Fasting today, bit hungry after yesterday , reflux/indegestion really bad so did not each much for my dinner last night, will see how i go today, if too hungry will change fasting day.Hope you have a decent day

hope you all have a good day,

Morning all!
    Not too hungry so will fast until lunchtime. So busy at the moment which makes it easier- we take Xena to dog training today, then am taking Mum into town to try & sort out an account we think Dad might have, if he hasn’t he’s been paying direct debits each month into nothing!!

Morning all, not sure whether today is an FD or not, see how it goes.

Good luck sorting the account out, HH. My sister is still helping my mum with all my dad’s tax and pension affairs more than 4years later…. But the accounts themselves, I think, we’re not too bad although she did discover one or two little pots dad had tucked away in earlier/different economic eras which were just lovely wee surprises. I guess our dad’s were from a time when financial provision was a serious expectation!

Whoops – noises upstairs… Better start breakfast.

Catch you all later.

Mx

Hello

How’s the chess Minols? Has the wee one beaten you any more?

Hope you get the financial sorted and it’s all for the best Hh. Lots for your mum to cope with. Distractions qitha cheeky pup can be welcome.

Good luck with second fast Gizmo and Pseu (If you decide to go for it). I ended yesterday on 502 so happy with that but haven’t decided on which day to do next. We usually do a Wednesday.

Good job sorted with the caravan Jean for the winter. Although I’ve got snowdrops peeking through already but spring feels a long way off.

Hope you’re TDEE day goes to plan Kay and my wood sending Ellie doggie hugs.

Pseu what’s to be done with that brother of yours! Has he always been that way? Does he know he’s unfriendly or would he be concerned if he realised how he makes you feel.

Hello to Lynne, Katie, Dave, Tabby – hope you’re havinf a good week.

Meeting my daughter for dinner tonight so will have to keep low the rest of the day but felt a bit light headed after yesterday so will see how it goes. Adjusting to fasting again. Am sure it will settle down.

CW

Good Morning Everyone!

So yesterdays FD failed. I went all day OK and then got home tired and definitely went over 500 calories for dinner 🙁

But going to try an FD today instead, feeling in a better frame of mind.

Have a good day x

CW: Before I started working with my brother I hadn’t spoken to him for years, not because of a falling out just because he was elsewhere in the country and there was no real reason to, so I had no idea that he’d turned into a humourless b******. No, he won’t care it bothers me, in fact it’ll probably somehow be my fault.

I think I’m calling quits on keto, I don’t really find it that hard but it’s just not having any effect. If I was losing weight I’d be fine sticking to it but after the first week it just plateaued and I think I’ve given it long enough to work now if it was going to. I think I’ll still try to stay as low carb as possible most days, since that’s good for calories anyway, but not stress if I want a sandwich. It’s cereal and baked potatoes I miss the most. I think today will be a NFD, I’m hankering after a chicken sarnie for lunch, that is if I’m not stuck in waiting for UPS all day.

Sainsbury’s cobs today 😋😋😋 will do another FD tomorrow,it helps doing rehab,I feel heavy so don’t know if I have lost anything.Got a new date for a new aortic aneurysm scan,it’s the week before Christmas, looking forward to the 60s concert on Friday.Its been chucking it down all day here, miserable weather.

Afternoon All…

A full on morning chatting with S daughter lovely to have her here..left at three to drive 4 hours home..she needed to take some cherry scones home, so I made some for her easier than going to buy them 😂

We are fasting and have managed to not eat, daughter was full so didn’t want lunch, it fitted in well…getting a bit hungry now..

Pseu..
    It’s a hard one to help you with, your brother, just get through your course and you can do something different…

Kay..
    Another fast under your belt…that’s good…

Gizmo…
    Hope you are feeling much better…I can get reflux it’s not very nice at all…

Hedgehog..
    Hope you got the banking sorted out today….there’s so much to do…

Minols..
    I suppose we have different money bits and pieces I think it’s our age group…we try and have an order to make it easier..hopefully….

Cakey..
    Snowdrops they are early..I thought about January!!….Enjoy your meal with your daughter tonight…

Katie..
    Hoping you are getting through your fast day…keep strong…

Brad..
    Have a good rehab day tomorrow ….enjoy your cobs tonight…your 60 s concert has come around quick..enjoy..

Picking the caravan up tomorrow getting it back into storage and emptying the car of all the stuff….get back into a more normal routine…and an Eat day too…

Jean x

Still bouncing down here,poor Heidi has not been out.Cobs were delicious, chicken stir fry for tea.I must check if my heart scan results have come when I take Denise to doctors on Thursday, forgot all about them.

Dave…
    We now have your rain…awful…

We have now finished for the day…next one Thursday….

Jean x

It stopped raining so Heidi got her walk in the end.Not many houses lit up yet with Christmas lights.

Looks like today is going to an unintentional FD. UPS didn’t turn up, so I was trapped in the office waiting for them all day, meaning I couldn’t go out to get lunch. Just got home and there’s no food in the house, all my fridge has is condiments. So, FD it is.
    I should study tonight but I’m so exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open and definitely can’t concentrate enough for any scientific theory to sink in.

Hello everyone sorry for the coming rant,

what a day yesterday and today has been, my elderly neighbour fell in the street yesterday at 11:30 with the help of a passer bye I managed to get him into his house but i decided to call his doctor well the up shot was he thought he had a stroke so wanted him to go to hospital and arranged an ambulance the doc told me it would not be long and could i wait with him well said ambulance arrived at 4pm after many calls to them, I went with him to the hospital and have just got home he was on a hospital trolly until 5pm tonight before he was seen by a doctor and he is being admitted I managed to get a hold of his nephew so he is going to sit with him, i have just got home and am done in going to have a bath and bed.

hope every one is well i will have a catch up tomorrow
    Tabby xx

Sounds like you’ve had a right day of it tabby, still it was nice of you to help him and wait with him. Hopefully he will be ok. Enjoy your relaxing evening, sounds like you deserve it.

I’ve survived today’s FD, finishes on 524 calories. I’m still feeling peckish but definitely feeling strong enough to stick with it until bed time.

Hope everyone had a good day x

Ive not eaten a great deal today but I do have a glass of wine!

It seems the holiday park where I work, along with 7 other parks in the UK, owned by one company are currently in process of changing ownership or administration. We dont have much info and bookings are still being taken, so I hope that another big company steps in and makes a go of it. The current company is useless and its not surprising they have hit difficulties. Its a shame as the park I work at runs very well with our small team, as I suspect do the other sites. Its just the issues higher up!
    Anyway, we arent being paid our holiday hours this month and we are holding our breath as to whether we get paid at all on Friday. Ive been cut back to my contracted hours, which is 6 hours, which is nigh on useless but I do feel for those working fulltime as it must be unsettling.
    Hopefully we will hear more in the next week or so and it will get resolved one way or another.

Some background family niggles going on too plus Neil is working extra shifts due to being shortstaffed and extra busy (argos driver) so Im home alone all week from midday til about 11pm!
    I dont mind my own company and at least Im home with Ellie, but there is a limit!

Pseu, annoying about waiting around for UPS. Sounds like an early night is on the cards.

Tabby, bless you. What an eventful day,, but Im sure your neighbour is really grateful for your support.

It stopped raining here this afternoon but I dont think the next couple of days sound very good.

Well done on today Jean. Is it tomorrow you say goodbye to the caravan for the winter?

Kay x

Oh Tabby… Inconvenient but great you were such a good neighbour.

Mx

Evening all!
    Tabby- 😇 to you, a long wait, hope your neighbour comes home soon.
    Pseudo- have spoken to my brother more in the last 2 weeks than in years! He’s just wrapped up in his life usually, but has been good helping out. Obviously the worries with your dad haven’t mellowed him?! Just be careful with the carbs, it can easily put water wright on if you eat much after keto.
    Kay- hope you keep the job & get some more hours…& the family stuff resolves itself!
    Minols- eek, 4 years on & still sorting stuff out for your dad, that’s scary!
    Jean-well done sticking to your FD, with visitors & making scones!
    Dave- hope that Heidi got her walk!
    Cakey- have a lovely dinner with your daughter!
    KL- hope you’re having an okay fd, & have stayed strong!
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone!
    Had a good result today- turned out the mystery account was in mum’s name, so that was a nice surprise! Plus rang up about her state pension & she’ll get much more than we thought. Have spent hours on the phone changing account names for her with utilities etc, being put on hold for ages each time…
    Dog training was fun with Xena- she found a biscuit on the floor so spent the whole time snuffling about for more rather than concentrating on me, even though I had chicken for a treat for her! Both boys were around for quite a while today, both in high spirits & messing about- very irritating, but lovely, especially now youngest is back to his normal self! Xena enjoyed it all too!

Not fasted today really hungry lasted all day till after training,did not have the correct food in,still under cals for the day.This reflux thingy is so bad,got sent to hospital once by the Drs they thought i was having a heart attack,pain was so severe and in my jaw and head area,weird feeling,not that bad this week.
    A lot of it was down to been overweight and having sleep apnea ,still got both but sleeping better .Goodnight all onwards and downwards some one once said.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your neighbour Tabby. Am I reading that right that you were with him from yesterday morning right through until this evening? That’s like something you read about. You must be utterly exhausted. What a good person you are.

Gizmo, when I first started 5:2 I had chronic acid but it went away after 2-3 weeks. Hope it does for you too.

Had lovely time with my youngest. We went for Indian street food which was very good indeed but because it’s lots of little plates, tapas style I don’t feel like I’ve eaten too much, but so tasty. We had a couple of hours together before she went for her train. Lovely evening .

Think I should fast tomorrow but got a very long day and won’t get home until 10 pm. But at least I’m busy and then it’s done for the week.

I managed to dodge the rain today but poor woof got soaked out with his dad. He’s a golden retriever so takes him ages to dry. I can imagine the lovely wet dog smell back home.

CW

Well, two cups of coffee and a pickled onion. Pretty sure that counts as a fast.

Morning all.

Pseu – ‘glad’ you got a FD at least out of a rubbishy work day! Roll on the studies getting you into a work situation you can love… And meanwhile hope they’re enough of a distraction to get you through this job!

Having. A break from early morning chess this week – but still been up since 4am. Now hungry so I’ll go up and start maki g noises soon cos I really feel like porridge and it’s easier just to make a big pot that deal with different breakfasts!

Glad you had such a lovely time talking, Jean, with your S daughter – love those conversations that just amble around! Oh doesn’t get it but it’s the life blood of my family when we do manage to get together! Once on a car journey with my mum and one of my sisters the boy was heard to say ‘I think we need some peace and silence now’! Hysterical!

Kay – you’re so down to earth about work stuff. Really hope it all works out for you both and you get a bit of a balance so you have more time together as Christmas approaches… Although I don’t know how we’d do a modern Christmas without delivery drivers. I’ll remember to be extra nice to the ones coming here… They ‘Ll be somebody’s ‘Neil’ working hard and standing in for Santa!

Going to keep today light in prep for tomorrow’s FD.

Have a good one everybody.

Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- poor you, up so early! Porridge sounds good!
    Pseudo- definitely a FD!hope you have a better day at work…
    Cakey- I love Indian food, hubby hates it, maybe I need to go out for a meal with son! He says he’s going to take me to Wagamumas some time too! Hope that your day goes as planned & you can fast.
    Gizmo- hope that your reflux soon settles, that’s tough if fasting is making it worse…
    Off to the solicitors today, hope I haven’t forgotten anything! Hope we don’t come home more befuddled than we are already!! Having a light day today, hopefully!

Morning All…
    A lovely raining day to re pack the caravan 😬..we are collecting about 10 am….think we are then ongoing to shopping outlet…looking at cooking stones for baking bread hoping they are on offer…

Dave..
    Our Christmas things are going up on Saturday as the rest of our Court, we are quite festive where we are..at least half a dozen on Saturday with more to follow..when do you do yours?

Pseu..
    Waiting for drivers is a nightmare everyone rushed off their feet…hope you found something to eat…

Tabby..
    What a good neighbour you are…what a long wait at the hospital, it can be so stressful…..hope he soon feels better…

Hope you are feeling more relaxed today after a rest…

Katie..
    Well done on your fast day…

Kay…
    A glass of wine on a FD…think I must re value mine…red!..? Please…😂

Hate it when companies change ownership you never know were you are…🤞 everything goes ok…Neil very busy at this time of the year…we never really stop using the caravan, only January and February due to ice and snow….we have too many appointments coming up so I don’t think we will get away this month…

Hedgehog..
    Lovely to get things sorted out and at least mums name on things it’s easier..

High spirited boys, yes annoying but nice to have…the house will soon be too quiet make the most of it…the scones were made that quick, Steve and Louise were watching..there were so amazed..Louise apparently takes all afternoon…lol

Good luck at the solicitors today….

Gizmo..
    I think your reflux will go, it is a high weight thing…mine soon went a couple of weeks or so…still I sometimes still get it on holiday stuffing my face 😂

Cakey..
    The Indian street food sounds amazing glad all was enjoyed with lovely company, good girlie time….take care don’t work too hard…

Minols..
    Nothing like a good banter it should happen a lot more….lots on bikes though..lol

Must dash running late..

Jean x

A good day done…caravan back in storage and car back to normal …missed the rain and wind which is starting to arrive now…so so very dark….

Bought my cooking stone at £13 which was half price and bought a pallet knife for my baking…a Xmas treat….sad really…lol..

Out early tomorrow going up to cemetery and a visit to my sister…..too many early mornings…told her 5 times we don’t want anything to eat or any biscuits just a drink….taking bets she will offer us something lol..

A lay in and slow morning Friday…Xmas things down from the loft and start to put them up…

Fast day for us tomorrow…

Jean x

Having a shorter day today, I was in work for nine and a half hours yesterday, which when added to over an hour commute and almost no sleep the night before it’s no surprise I was shattered.
    Picking up a Tesco shop on the way home and have to do some studying.
    What’s everyone having for dinner? Need some ideas

Good afternoon everyone,done my last rehab and got discharged, quite sad really I enjoyed going there and all the nurses let on to you by your Christian name.Not had anything to eat apart from a biscuit with my cuppa at rehab.Still not sure if it will be a fast day today,going to have egg and bacon so will see,I bought a piece of cake from Tim Hortons so not sure about the calories in it,it’s only tiny but cost £3.Took Heidi out and got blown away with the wind,at least it’s stopped usually put Christmas stuff up in December,don’t feel very festive this year.

Pseu..
    Just finished our dinner…brown rice, garlic bread..chicken, mushrooms, onions, garlic and chilli in a tomato sauce…really nice…I would of liked a wine but that was a no from Steve ☹️

Good on the shorter day for you…still you have work tonight..

Dave…
    Shame on your rehab has finished…are you going start going to that other place you found ?? I have forgotten where. How has Denise got on at the doctors??

Decembers on Saturday..🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼🎄🎄🎄

Any fasters tomorrow??

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 20,101 through 20,150 (of 35,422 total)

You must be logged in to reply.