Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,934 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,051 through 20,100 (of 35,421 total)

• Hi All..
    We had a good blood appointment.. he has gone down by 80 points which is exceptionally good.. our change of food, healthy eating, magnesium and cod liver oil tablets and raw garlic.. seems to be helping… I won’t mention the cakes 😬…

Sat at next hospital appointments running late…

Gizmo..
    Enjoy your half day off always welcome when working 😁

Pseu..
    Looks like time to get rid.. step daughter is taking hers in, she needs to get rid too, it’s costing her too much money.. she is on a tight budget too ☹️

Tabby..
    Keep strong.. you can eat tomorrow….

Katie…
    Are you feeling better now?

We are fasting tomorrow ..any one else??

Jean x

Hi Tabby and Gylyb welcome to the group,I have just got home from cardio rehab,it was difficult today with having a sore toe but managed ok,it my last week next week 😂 so will find somewhere else to go.Fast day today only had a biscuit with a cuppa at the rehab when it was over.Took Heidi out so that’s me done for the day,I am looking at maybe getting a Chromebook,my tablet is getting slow these days.

Jean good news about Steve’s blood,it’s a FD today and may try one tomorrow too,it’s my usual day but since I have been going to rehab have changed to Mon, Wednesday.

Hi Tabby & Gylyb, welcome, nice to have some newbies!!
    Jean- So pleased that Steve’s blood results were good, you’re looking after him well! Hope that the aneurysm hasn’t grown too, nasty things…nephew’s pup sounds awful! We do use the crate for Xena, it’s the only place she sleeps properly, & as she’s so excitable at times it’s handy for a quiet time out. She is very clever, but we keep her busy enough so as not to get bored, I think sometimes possible too much so maybe over stimulating her?! I also think hormones are starting to kick in, she’s started humping things, which apparently is normal!
    Dave- keep strong with your fasts, you seem to do really well! Well done with the rehab too, I think I’d have made the most of the chance to miss a week!
    Pseudo- poor you with that bloomin’ car! Can you take it back to the last garage?
    KL- hope all’s going better for you…
    Another busy day; we got the death certificate so that was good, only took 2 days for the coroner to verify everything, better than we thought. Then had to drop forms off in places, take mum shopping, do some more phone calls, & we went to see the room my nephew can get for us; it’s fine, all booked. (We did try round local pubs, Dave, there’s some really nice ones nearby which were all fully booked for Christmas do’s already. One nice hotel had space, but wanted £20 a head! Dad would have a fit at that being spent on his wake!).
    Had a nice break this afternoon when my sis brought round her new puppy to play with Xena- he was scared at first, but soon got stuck in & they had fun, Xena didn’t bully him! It won’t be long & he’ll be bigger than her, he’s going to be big.
    Doing a liquid fast today, going okay.

Evening All..
    We were in for 6pm hit all the traffic….well it I suppose is good news, the surgeon says the aneurysm is very minimal and the back surgeon shouldn’t comment on things out of his area..uummm..he is going to pull all the old ultrasounds out and match them to the MRI, he may send him for another scan..but he is very happy and we are not to worry about it….see what he finds…he was very pleasant and we had a good chat, we are happy with the outcome…see what the next few weeks bring…

We have started tomorrow’s fast…anyone else with us…

Dave..
    Glad the rehab went well and you are managing with your toe…

Hedgehog…
    I don’t think it’s the poor dog it’s the family…they are happy to leave the dog a fair few hours in the crate even up to 6 hours, my sister stops in to look after her so she doesn’t have to go in…but it’s not my sisters dog! It’s cruel…she is quite a big size now and putting fat weight on…

Max has been ‘done’ as he started humping visitors and the children…time out if he’s very naughty he goes in the small toilet for 10 mins in the dark, ( I thought they could see in the dark lol) he knows and he doesn’t like it…if he doesn’t come on call back and keeps ignoring my daughter. Zena sounds lovely, they just need attention and love…

Katie..
    We will be on fast together…glad you are feeling much better..😀

Jean x

Jean – I am thank you. The flu has cleared up, the abscess has gone so now my foot just needs to heal but i am getting about on it a lot better now which is good.

Looking forward to my 2nd FD day of the week tomorrow, amazing how much better it makes you feel 🙂

Hockey just about to start so going to be a late one🤑🤑🤑

Dave- hope that the hockey was good. Did yesterday end up a FD?
    Jean- brilliant news on the aneurysm! How does Steve feel about a back op as his back seems to have improved?
    KL- hope you have a good FD. Have you been able to walk your dog with the flu & abscess? I think you said he was a bit lazy & not bothered about going to far?
    Hope anyone else fasting has a good day…
    We’re up early as youngest decided to ask for some early morning shifts at work, thought it would be a change to open up & do breakfasts rather than close up, so he was up at 5am! I woke anyway, didn’t sleep that well, worrying in case he overslept! Xena wakes up if she hears anyone too, but she’s obviously still tired so is nice & quiet now after a little game!
    Shopping today, then we meet the vicar who’s taking the service for dad.

Walking him was a struggle (especially when he stood on my foot on various occasions) but I got by. Thankfully he prefers to sleep. I must have looked a sight limping along with a swollen face.

Good luck to any Thursday fasters…im already hungry so I feel like its going to be one of those days.

Morning All.

Another dark day….

We are fasting today..hoping weigh in tomorrow is kind…popping out to spend our £10 voucher from Lidl and doing a bit of a shop..nothing much else just card writing…

I have this easy Italian bread recipe, just taken me 3 mins to get it in the fridge rising for tomorrow maybe for lunch..last batch turned out really nice….

Dave..
    Hope your hockey was a good game…

Hedgehog..
    Steves back is back to normal, his usual aches and pains, can’t belive after 10 months he is more his self. So no operation if it keeps like this, the surgeon said although better he still has 4 discs protruding…

Ooh a 5 am up that’s early…still different doing the breakfasts…glad Xena settled again after a play…hope all goes well with the vicar later, have you a date yet?

Katie…
    Looks like you are with us fasting today….is anyone else joining us??

Jean x

Boo!!
    Im back!

And yes Ive fallen back into my old way of eating and yes Ive put some weight back on!!

I can see some familiar names and some new ones…so Hi everyone.

I did manage a FD last week, so I know I can still do it 😉
    So todays the day….back to it…FD with small dinner this evening.

There is no way I can catch up with everyone so let me know if Ive missed anything, otherwise I will try and keep up with posting this time. Thats what happened before….I missed a few days, then a few more, and a few more….

Look forward to ‘chatting’ again and being kept on the straight and narrow.

Kay x

Kay…
    Lovely to have you back you have been missed …

Join us we are back from holiday and a lot heavier but that’s life….it was good eating holiday, we don’t usually but we intended to enjoy everything….

Just back from shopping it’s so dark and drizzling….having a coffee before deciding what I need to do…

We are both very hungry today a lot of tummy rumbling no idea why….

Let’s make it a good day….

Katie..
    How are you doing?…ok?

Jean x

Day 2 of fasting Tuesday went ok today a bit hungry 50 cal left any suggestions

I’m hanging on in there. Hungry but going to stick with it 🙂

Fast day was good, trying to do another one today,I am feeling peckish but still nil by mouth 🤐🤐🤐it was a 3am bedtime unfortunately we lost 5-2but still near the top.Denise is still bad,she said the pain she is having is 10 times worst than childbirth,so must be very bad.She has a very high pain threshold but is struggling at the moment.Its a very miserable day,dry but cool.

Gizmo…
    50 cals is not much..an apple..half a tin of soup?…hot oxo or bovril…milky coffee..

Katie…
    We are really hungry today…must get busy…

Dave…
    Poor Denise..I would take her back to doctors for different pain killers or if so bad A & E…!…she sounds really bad…keep off the morphine think travel insurance!

Jean x

She has tried all painkillers,non work for her.Her knee doesn’t need an operation so don’t know what will happen,I keep telling her to go to A&E but she won’t go,too stubborn.

Still not had any food,so a good fast day, Don’t know what to have now though, poached eggs I think with bacon possibly.

Hi all – nearly done with a really good FD. I’ve been really busy and that always helps. I have a fancy social thing tomorrow for OH’s work and a slightly complicated wedding on Saturday, and then the in-laws coming round to bring the bot back from an overnight…so that will be pizza and a movie with their kids, too. So a busy weekend to get ready for – the house is a bomb-site, but can wait until Saturday morning.

Just glad to have managed a decent FD! Hope everyone else has gone well today.
    Mx

Finished here…egg, bacon and a few tomatoes, one slice of bread…a very hungry day though…joining your thoughts Dave….we enjoyed it….

Minols..
    Enjoy your fancy do tomorrow night..and wedding on Saturday…well done on a good FD…

Kay..
    How are you doing?

Katie..
    You too how are you doing?

Jean x

I’ve survived the FD day. Probably head to bed soon to avoid any temptation as still feeling hungry after dinner.

Hope everyone else’s day has been good x

Yes FD done and dusted, definitely food tomorrow,cobs from Sainsbury’s 😋😋😋 and lamb steak for later 😋😋😋😋😋😋.Black Friday so been spending 😮😮😮.

Made it!
    Finished on a few more cals than I probably should have, but I didnt eat all day, so thats a win!
    Well done to my fellow fasters.

Neils birthday tomorrow but Im not yet sure what I’ll do for dinner yet.
    Im going to keep it low in the day. Im in work til 2pm so that will keep me busy…

Have a good Friday all x

day 2 done not bad so far 750 cals for fast day. now not to overeat,drink at the weekend.Need to get to the gym suffering a bit this week atheritus flare up, always spell it wrong, feet and neck this week also re flux is back, too many pain killers, i think.
    No o/t shifts this weekend bonus.Have a good weekend everybody

I have arthritis in both knees but since my heart attack I can’t take naproxen anymore,I take Co-Codamol occasionally for it but mostly put up with the pain.Up early today even though I went to bed turned 1 am.Cricket is on so watching that.Just had a bowl of porridge,used almond milk only 13 calories per 100ml.

Morning All…

Drizzle start but brightening up…

Weigh in for us this morning ..we both have 3 lb each off on the holiday weight gain of 6 lbs..so quite pleased….

It’s our day off so a steak meal with jacket this evening and a glass of wine or two….my bread is on a second rise so that will be on the lunch menu, a couple of slices…

Steve bought a huge set of tools 60% off so he’s in the garage playing, and sorting his old tools to go to his daughters collection in Wales…( they both have motorbikes)

I am trying out a new danish biscuit recipe out for Christmas, depends how many I make I may give some away…it involves piping so it could be a disaster as I have never done it…could be in the dustbin!

Gismo..
    Enjoy your weekend off, nice no over time…well done on your fast day…hope your arthritis calms down..

I use to suffer with reflux as my weight went down it disapeared and I stopped taking all my tablets…it came back on holiday when I was stuffing my face, enough said..😂

Dave..
    Enjoy your cricket…Steves watching F1 practice…

Kay..
    Have a good birthday day for Neil….well done on your return fast…

Have a good day…

Jean x

Happy Friday Everyone!

Weigh day today and 1lb and 0.2% body fat gain. But considering I had 3 weeks off fasting, not much moving around AND a weekend away with lots of pub food, beer and wine…im pretty happy with that. I was convinced I was going to end up back where I started.

Now to really stick with it for the next 4 weeks in the run up to Xmas 🙂

Have a good weekend everyone x

Just trying my new toy out,an Acer chromebook,very good i can put all my apps on it that i have on my phone,not that i will do,only one or two.

Afternoon All…

A busy day baking …an egg custard, turned out lovely, my mum used to make them….I have never made one before..Steves told me to put it on my usual baking list!

I didn’t make my tester for Xmas biscuits I didn’t have a right size nozzle…finished my bread that was absolutely delicious……I went over to see my neighbour, she is quite lonely..so had a couple of hours chat…

Katie…
    I don’t think a pound on is too bad after three weeks off plan…4 weeks to Xmas 😬…as long as you are now better…

Dave..
    Men and their toys…Steve has been playing with his box of tools…two of a kind….lol…enjoy your lamb tonight….steak for us…

Have a good weekend everyone…

Jean x

Hi all.
    Difficult day, took mum up to their caravan to clear it out, sis came so had 2 cars loaded…the site manager was lovely & said we could leave anything there we didn’t want, so no trips to tip/ charity shops, made it much quicker, just very painful, not just for mum, but us too as we’ve all had holidays. Yesterday was meeting the vicar to plan the funeral, & mum’s been over both nights for dinner…my food choices were not good today, comfort eating 😢

Quick question weight train on fasting day yes ok no bad idea, anythoughts.Hope everyone is doing ok today.

Good morning

Tough day for you all yesterday Hh but hoping it will help your mum as sounds like it was something she needed to do and would have been on her mind until it was done.

I lot of people seem to enjoy exercise on a fast day Gizmo, I’ve never done weights only yoga and the double whammy of fasting and exercise always felt amazing. Just need to watch for light headedness and maybe keep enough for a banana before you go.

Hi KL hope you’re recovering – can’t go Christmas shopping with a sore foot. I’m taking mum today so wish me luck!

I’ve had a low week but only managed one fast. 2 lbs off in 2 weeks. Slow but the right direction. Keeping my special holiday in mind next year.

Have a good day friends, I shall be back later probably parceless but as long as mum gets sorted that tends to happen!

CW

Gismo…
    Michael Moseley says…weight training/ gym / excerise first thing before any food in the morning burns more weight…both on a FD or normal day…

Jean x

I’m definitely getting there thank you CW, I went out last night so it’s feeing a little sore today…. along with my head! Sofa day for me today I think.

Enjoy your shopping, I’ll keep my fingers crossed it’s not too busy for you x

Morning All..
    A dark day again this morning…

Going through to Manchester area to drop Birthday and Christmas presents off…a week earlier than usual..daughter from Wales is coming through to step dads internment tomorrow…she is trying to change shifts so so can come over and stay a night with us, but we are leaving the pressies at her sisters in case it doesn’t come off…

We will be having lunch out as it will be a 12 hour day for us…a few people to call on who are unwell…

Cakey..
    Well done on the 2 lbs off all in the right direction…all your travelling must cause havoc with your meal times..have a good shopping day with mum…

Hedgehog..
    A job done…it’s so sad when you close things down..maybe it’s best done now with all memories ups and downs, tears and laughs of the past…things can move forward for Mum after the funeral…hugs to you all..

Have a good weekend..

Jean x

HH so sorry to read about your news 😢
    Another hard job done yesterday but good it was made a bit easier by the site manager x

Jean, a busy day ahead for you both it seems, good to get some things done tbough.

CW, have a good shopping day, well for your mum anyway! And well done on the loss!

Gizmo….exercising on a FD can be beneficial and feel good. I found I could do exercise fine. It was the day or at least the morning after I needed to be more careful.

KL, sounds like you are almost back to normal, enjoy your sofa day!

Minols, Hi! Glad to see you are as busy as normal! Enjoy your weekend. Working up to a busy time of year for you.

Dave, I see you are still having your late nights watching sport! Last F1 this weekend, we will be watching.
    Both me and my partner love new gadgets, just been looking around on internet but nothing takes our fancy yet.

Just nipping into Bude to pick up some bits. Cooking steak for Neil later and need some food for Ellie.

Ellie is still battling on but is currently on a course of steroids and antibiotics to see if they will help with the 2 tumours she currently has. Every day is a blessing as we know as soon as the biggest tumour on her skin gets out of control it will be time to make the call.
    She has done so well to make it to almost 2 years since her first tumour and later diagnosis of lymphoma.

Right a coffee and then I need to get cracking.

Kay x

Was up until late this morning watching hockey but my mate who has really bad health started texting me at 1am so missed a lot,good job I set it to record,he has had a few heart attacks and is diabetic among lots of other problems,I worked with him ,he is a lot younger than me and was given two years to live,that was five years ago.Been a little down recently, Denise is very bad with her knee, Heidi has started limping today,think I may have found out why,I think she has stood on a snail and the shell has cut her foot,so cleaned it for her, decided to buy a big bar of chocolate to cheer me up,also I got Denise one too😋😋😋

Bit late posting have had no internet access for a few days, but at least I am back 1st weigh in and have had a maintain I am ok with that as started the gym so may be fluid

Can i ask a question when calculating my TDEE i used lightly active but one of my friends said i should have chosen Sedentary so now i am confused

looking forward to the comming week menus all planned fast days will be Tuesday and Thursday

Evening All…

All back after a long day….ups and downs of visiting 😂…we first went to cemetery then on to see stepdaughter and granddaughter …the meal was awful..GD had a face on and sulking for three hours!! she wanted to be else where…strange they can have their hand out for money and presents.!!…11 year old….then onto to see sister in law and BIL..walked in on a massive row between them what a good atmosphere 😫 although it did calm down later..you wondered whether to go or stay….we stayed…

Other step daughter is staying with us overnight Monday so we will be fasting sun, tues and thurs this week…we get on so that will be nice…

Kay…
    Ellie is a strong girl I can’t believe she has lasted two more years..running close sometimes but pushes on through…it’s all your love for her, yours and Neil’s…

Birthday wishes to Neil have a lovely evening…

Dave..
    So sorry on Denise and now you have Heidi..hope they improve soon…

Tabbby..
    I think I would do sedentary…but it’s up to you…knock a few more calories off…with leeway..

Jean x

Home after an NHS twilight shift on a FD. Bit of willpower needed…but lure of a whisky bedtime drink kept me going. Tesco helped me with a whoopsie small veg lasagne for my tea 250 cals. Soya milk in my tea and a Thai cupasoup for lunch added up to 500 cals, I’m getting better at having fewer cals on my fast days using cal counted ready meals (whuch i hate). Thinking of doing 3:4 days ..what do others think? I’m really hoping this way of eating works for me.
    Gill x

Morning All…
    An early start but iPad was flat and I lost my post…dark, cold and dismal here…

We were going to a car boot but changed our mind…

A fair few jobs for me today..ironing..clean two ovens…and a whizz around with the hoover as step daughter is coming to stay overnight tomorrow….fast day changed to today, then Tuesday and Thursday…we will be eating out tomorrow….

Gill..
    Shifts are a nightmare when dieting or should I say a new way of life…. you need to be able to fast comfortably before trying three fasts a week…I have forgotten are you a re visit to 5.2…if you are, you should be ok….you can only give it a try…although we throw some in, usually we do two a week…I feel sometimes it can feel like the old way of diets and not a way of life…try it and see how you go..

Everybody having a lay in this morning?….have a good day……we were awake early at 6 am having our cuppa in bed….

Jean x

Up early too, coffee shop for breakfast before church but just having coffee. Not feeling like my usual croissant, craving cereal and wish I’d had a bowl before I left home.

Good shopping day with mum, got everything she needed and a few bits that I needed until I couldn’t carry anymore. Then met up with dad and H for dinner which was a lovely way to finish the day. Time like that with mum is so precious as her memory isn’t so good these days.

Travel starts in earnest again this week with 2-3 days each week until Christmas.

Ive never really managed anything other than an occasional 4:3 Gill. I often used to do Monday, Wednesday and then a low day on Friday, that worked well.

Better get going

CW

Morning everyone had a bit of a lie in today not often this happens as have a new puppy who we are toilet training but hubby took on the task this morning, got a christening this afternoon so will be pups first time on his own

CakeyWakey Glad to hear you had a lovely day shopping with your mum, I lost my mum to dementia at the end of August and I have some lovely memories of days out with her

Still finding my way with this way of life but I am determined to lose the weight as I have a family reunion September of next year so onward’s and downwards

Good afternoon it was a 3am bedtime this morning,we won 6-0 so it was worth it.Been trying to get Denise to go to doctors but she won’t budge,she struggles to walk at all now.Geel guilty after the chocolate but enjoyed it,we have two tubs of Christmas chocks which have been on the table for two weeks,still unopened and will remain so until nearer the time ,having a roast beef dinner tonight,not having anything before so it will be a light day☺️not got any fruit left either.

Afternoon All…

Got a fair few jobs done..ironing, two ovens cleaned all my kitchen units cleaned, fire surround brass cleaned, I could do with a new one hate it….already done 8,700 steps!…so moving a lot…

Sat having a break…..FD going ok …Steve watching F1…

Cakey…
    Glad you got all mums presents and a few for yourself…nice having a girlie day…a lovely finish with the men..

Busy time for you up to Christmas…is it easier fasting when you are on the road?

Tabbby…
    What sort of puppy have you got, how old?.she / he…..nice to get hubby in charge for a lay in…

The fasting does get easier after a couple or so weeks, I think your tummy shrinks and you start eating smaller portions …it’s strange on holiday you miss fasting it’s just gets part of your life..I like the hunger feeling without going overboard…..you could easily loose 3 stone by September, maybe more..😀..

Dave..
    Denise is going to have to go back to the doctors if she is that bad..she has no choice…there will be things the doctor can sort out for her even different painkillers to limit the pain…it’s just not normal ..

I have a stack of Christmas stuff in the back bedroom and a load of chocolate Steve doesn’t know about in my cupboard, been there months…well and truly hidden..😂..I dive in occasionally I tell him I think I may have a couple of bars….white lies!….just counted for you.. oops 19 bars! 😂😂..I really can keep off them…

Enjoy your beef..I am dribbling…eggs for us…☹️

Jean x

Denise said it just goes to show men never go in cupboards because they don’t do anything that needs finding in cupboards 😀.I would need a stick of dynamite to get her to see the doctor but will keep trying.Just took Heidi out and she is walking fine,no limping so things are looking up.Must make the Yorkshire puds ready for later.

Hi Jean,

My puppy is a shitzu I have had him three weeks, he is 16 weeks old his name is Teddy and he is a little rascal I was worried about leaving him but when we got home but he was asleep so we are now having cuddles.

I have decided to go with sedentary and even stayed away form the buffet at the christening as it was all deep fried stuff just had black coffee as I was driving and then had my dinner when I got home

My dog has got three friends all Shih-tzu’s,they run underneath her belly or did when they were pups,she gets on well with them.

Brads27 I wasnt a dog person always been a cat person my neice got him for my birthday as my little cat had to be put to sleep but Teddy is such a little love and very cheeky I wouldnt be without him even after only three weeks, he runs rings round my hubby but he knows i am boss

Viewing 50 posts - 20,051 through 20,100 (of 35,421 total)

You must be logged in to reply.