Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,977 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 13 hours, 2 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 18,301 through 18,350 (of 35,464 total)

• Camera looks tricky but I need an SD card so ordered one from Amazon, coming tomorrow.Had to go on YouTube just to see how to fit the strapšŸ˜®šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜,got that sorted,still no food yet,I am having grilled chicken breast with Mediterranean vegatables.Droolng now I can smell them cooking.

Pseu…
    Really annoyed I have worn one every day for 4 or 5 years…only abroad holidays I donā€™t bother…..itā€™s surprising how little you walk ( or movement)… I used to do 4000 to 5000 which is very poor…I am now doing 10,000 to 12,000 regularly…last week when decorating it was 17,000 to 19,000…busy girl…

Looks like I shall have to buy another as I will miss it…

Poached eggs with bacon and tomatoes …

Jean x

I am melting here at Speedway

Hi all

Had a good morning out, didnā€™t go for lunch as I felt unwell, worst night sleeping so hot, so donā€™t know what was wrong with me šŸ¤•šŸ¤• feeling better now Iā€™ve had a Nannie nap lol.

HH, yes I too am a support worker, I work with people over the age of fifty who have lost confidence through illness, bereavement, diagnosed with early dementia or coming out of hospital after a long stay. We then spend time taking them out to groups, coffee shops, get them used to taking the bus or taxis hopefully some will manage this on their own when weā€™ve completed our sessions. So many of them are just so lonely and want someone just to have a chat with.

I too like poached eggs and naughty naughty I have half slice of brown toast but does keep me keep me feeling full until lunch and less likely to go looking for something mid-morning.

Look out Aldi here I come Muesli buns a definite YES šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹ think there maybe a fair bit of cooking going on over the next couple of days.

xx

Santana…
    I am naughty leading you all astray….you have to restrict yourself with the GRANOLA buns…SORRY NOT MUESLI……

What am I like…HEDGEHOG make a note…..

Hope you are feeling better..itā€™s the heat…

My GRANOLA BUNS…..my own recipe..( grown up cornflake buns) taste like Ferrera Rocheā€¦
    No sugar Granola bought from Lidlā€¦or similar if thereā€™s raisins in I throw them away because they have been cooked and are hard..
    A hand full of flaked almonds toasted
    A couple of handfuls of different seed..( sunflower, pumpkin anything)
    2 bars of eating chocolate, 30p each from Lidl, 1 plain and 1 milk chocolate ….( up to you)

Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water, when melted, throw in your toasted almonds and seeds, keep adding the granola until everything is all covered in chocolate, keep stirringā€¦put in bun casesā€¦keeping mine in fridge this weather, or usually a tinā€¦.keeps three weeks at least. Everybody loves them..

Dave …hope you are surviving the heat…

It was like a sauna at the speedway,and it’s going to be hotter tomorrow,will have to drink plenty of beer,er water to keep cool.

Good morning everyone!
    Not sure where yesterday went… but good that time passed quickly on a FD!
    Dave- looks lovely, have a nice lunch, you can try out the new camera & put it on FB!
    Jean- wow, the granola cakes sound lovely, I could do a keto version with my 85% dark chocolate, there’s a thought! I think the eldest son might like them, both the boys like those goodness knows bars. Glad you had a nice time out yesterday, didn’t know Wallis was still about!
    Sanatana- your job sounds lovely… a very good idea. Hope you feel better today! Are you fasting?
    Pseudo- do you like avocados? I love poached eggs with avocado. Otherwise I’ve tried a couple of the keto bread recipes, they weren’t amazing but okay toasted, you could try that, they freeze well too. These bread/ mffin things didn’t look as good as on the recipe, but were yum: https://www.lowcarbspark.com/how-to-make-90-seconds-keto-bread-low-carb-grain-free/ Did you manage a FD yesterday?
    Minols, Lynne, Hemmy, Cakey, & our ‘newbies’… hope you’re all okay? We miss you!!
    Stuck to my fast okay yesterday, we’re out to lunch today, & then tonight we’re off to an open evening do at son’s new showroom, taking his girlfriend with us, I’m surprised he invited us, thought he’d been embarrassed!! Son very busy at new place, lots more new customers walking in than at the old place, which is good for the commission, obviously!

Morning everyone,

I am about, but off to work so will have a proper catch up later. Realised that reading your posts didnā€™t equate to you knowing Iā€™m about.

Nice to see all the old friends and some new faces.

Only 2 days in work before Iā€™m off, but when I get back weā€™re due to be busy with a couple of people off, so time to go and agree our priorities for the next few weeks.

Speak later, promise.

Lynne x

Morning All…
    Going to be a hot one!

Fasting today for us…anyone else today??

We are going out for a motorbike battery and a new fit bit šŸ˜¬ Ā£35 found it half price at Curryā€™s…I think mine is going out of date but itā€™s small I donā€™t like the big watch type ones..just a slim band.

Dave..
    Enjoy your meal today….hope you survived speedway…

Hedgehog…
    Glad I found Wallis locally…we are loosing loads of named dress shops now, I struggle at my age but I donā€™t do frumpy, dresses are far too short for me or skimpy..I have to choose carefully…

If the boys like nutty things they will definitely like them, alter to suit, the toasted almonds give them the flavour and smell when you open the box…uummmm

Enjoy your opening night, itā€™s strange how they donā€™t want you about and then it all changes…they grow up, nice to have a nosey about and see his work fellows…names to faces etc….itā€™s good it has worked the change of position and more foot fall…have a nice lunch too…

Lynne..
    Lovely to hear from you…have a lovely holiday are you about packed…come back and pop by and let us know how itā€™s gone….

Minols…
    Are you back off your holiday yet?? How has it been lots of walking…

Have a good day fasters…anyone joining us??

Jean x

Morning all! Looks to be a proper full day of sunshine here which I’m pleased with, been too much cloud recently! Only set to be 23 degrees though. My brother is out for the day, so if I can find something I can work on in the garden I can sunbathe without feeling like I’m being naughty. I don’t think he actually cares if I’m in the garden (as long as I’m working) when he is here, but I feel like I shouldn’t be so end up sloping back inside.

Thanks for the recipe HH. šŸ™‚ I have looked at a few keto bread recipes but not tried any – I don’t know why it makes me wary! I cook a lot but some recipes intimidate me – that one looks simple though. I can’t go wrong… maybe. I tried a few American pancake recipes but they were vile, ended up straight in the bin. I’ll have to give it a go, there are a few things that I like but are stumped what to put them on. I like avocados but seem to have terrible luck with them, they look perfect on the outside, but without fail there will be at least one gross manky bit inside. I can trim around it but since they are so expensive it’s a bit annoying.

Yesterday’s FD came in at 598, it was really low until half nine and then the munchies struck. Not too bad though since it’s my first one for ages, and I ate mostly cheese so fairly good for keto. I made a bit of a rookie mistake by drinking loads of water to keep the hunger at bay… and then, of course, I was up all night peeing. Feel like death this morning, combination of interrupted sleep and loss of electrolytes I suspect. I’m clinging to my morning coffee and taking electrolyte tablets so hopefully I’ll perk up soon. Aside from a lot of coffee I won’t be eating until dinner time, so technically the fast continues.

If I had a fitbit I get the feeling it’d tell me I’m not walking enough but I still wouldn’t do anything to improve it. I’m really drained at the moment, haven’t been running or been to the gym for ages – I need to make an effort but can’t seem to get the oomph – someone give me a kick please? I saw this in Argos yesterday, does anyone know if these mini bikes are effective?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6254874
    They don’t look like they would work, but when I googled it a lot of sites said they actually do. Ideally I’d like a treadmill so I can get back into running without being in the heat, but they are 300 odd quid. :O

Do you like your job Santana? I sometimes think I should be doing something like that, helping people who are lonely get out and about. I’m fairly confident and self-sufficient, but I do get the odd bout of loneliness, I can only imagine how much harder it must be if you are naturally social but have lost the confidence to meet people. The stats of the number of old people who don’t see or talk to anyone for days on end breaks my heart, I sometimes think of volunteering with Age Concern, but I don’t think I’d have the time or the energy.

Pseu…
    A nice sort of relaxing day with brother not being about…that must be nice..

My Fitbit makes me move, I would recommend one…you get weekly stats through on what you have been doing….good for me…

I feel the same on old people although I am I suppose in that category now šŸ˜‚…I always try and talk to people on their own or people on caravan sites on their own…I feel as if they may only talk to me all day.. itā€™s a very sad world sometimes…but like you young ones who live on their own, donā€™t get out or have no friends like my 17 year old grandson can be just as lonely….people just have no time these days or donā€™t think….

Off out now…

Jean x

Good morning FB Brits. Hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

What a wonderful summer we are having… we cant complain this year. Lol

Getting up early and out with Mr Pips back before 9am. Then loads of watering. ( Never ending) lawns not up to much like everyone’s But the rest beautiful… with lots of hard work.

Weight holding very steady ā€¦ have been careful this week though as Kristy and partner coming tomorrow till Sunday. So treats will be had I am sure.

She is so excited as they have had their offer accepted on their first own home.. Redhill Surrey ā€¦

So Mr Pips and I will be looking forward to some visits . Lol

Hope everyone is doing ok in the heat ā€¦ its hard for some I know… Mum not venturing out shopping.

Have a good day all…. whether fasting or being mindful

Brit lovelies…

Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. Xx

Jean; what I find tricky, and I’m sure I’m not alone in this, is how to make the jump from being friendly to actually being friends. I’m in plenty of groups but I don’t get to know anyone that well. Since changing to this job I’m pretty isolated, often the only person I see/talk to in the today is the lady in the post office.

Hemmy; still hot there then? Can I swap you the weather for a few days? You can have a respite and we’ll get some good warmth back. šŸ˜€ I’ve had to give up on my flowers, despite watering every evening they’ve given up the ghost.

My memory card is in the way,just a few streets away,I could put the pictures on Facebook but non of you would see them, when I gave up smoking the forum I was in closed so we all joined a Facebook group,we share photos and things like on here,We have met some of the group, they are from all over Britain,even text two or three of them.

So much for the sun, from ten onwards it’s been wholly grey skies. Again.

The sun is in and out but 27Ā°C so still hot. Thunderstorms will come sooner or later, hopefully not tonight when we go for a meal.This time 43 years ago I was waiting for a taxi to take me to the church for our wedding.

Afternoon All…
    A busy day out and about thought a couple of hours but turned into 6 hours…sorted a few things out..bought, Fitbit, bike battery, strappy top, two bedside lights which have to go back as marks on both shades…a outside chair cover, two computer sticks on offer…a stop at a cafe No Cake! Kept nice and busy…

Hemmy..
    Lovely on the house sale going through…Kirsty will be thrilled…a new place to visit too …all very serious this time…..wedding bells maybe..

Pseu…
    I know what you mean, I am chatty and friendly but actually to make good friends that takes years…I am afraid I see through people so happy with my own company, very few genuine people about…Steve feels the same maybe thatā€™s why we get on so well…itā€™s a shame you canā€™t change your job to a bigger company with more staff, easier said than done….

Dave..
    You will be fiddling with your camera..like me with the Fitbit, itā€™s charging at the minute…enjoy your meal tonight…43 years is a long time….congratulations, it has to be a romantic one…šŸ’•šŸ·šŸŗ

We have had heavy cloud all day but so humid…rain is supposed to be here at 4 pm…no sign yet…

Fasting going well…egg and tomatoes on toast for me, Steve egg and beans on toast….easy…

I donā€™t think we really have had a good week a few naughties šŸ˜¬

Jean x

We are going dark with rumbling thunder..still far away but getting closer….washing in now in….just love a good thunder storm…šŸ¤ž

X

Off for a few hundred calories šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸŗšŸŗšŸŗšŸ„§šŸ„§šŸ°šŸŽ‚šŸŒ®šŸ„—šŸ£šŸ„“šŸ„©šŸ„©šŸ„©šŸ„©

Good evening FB Brits Xx

Very hot again this eveningā€¦ funny though as I seem to be sleeping well .. on top on the bed .. windows wide open. Lol

Brads .. Happy anniversary ā€¦ hope you and Denise have a lovely meal and evening to celebrate your very special day Xx

Hedgehogs… enjoy your evening… bet your son wanted to show off the wonderful ” Cake Baker” his lovely Mum. Xx

Pseu… It is hard it seems finding a new special friend.. It takes me ages to let someone into my life these days…

I Think like Sym .. I seem to know if a person is genuine quite quickly ā€¦ I just don’t bother now if I instantly see they would not be my type for some reason or other… just pass the time of day.

I have recently since going early dog walking become friends with a lovey lady .. she is so interesting . Jo works with herbs… and does astrology .. Its been a long time since I have met someone I know will become a good friend. Lots of acquaintances though…

Santana… What a wonderful job you do. It must be hard if you are struggling to get back your confidence in lots of life’s situation we suddenly find out of the blue thrust upon us.

I have lost 2 husbands and it does take some getting over. Lucky for me I am very determined and strong .. I appreciate that can not always be the case . Good for you. Xx

Lynne .. how are you… looking forward to the holiday .. hope you are feeling well now and work is going ok for you. Xx

Kay ā€¦ enjoy your holiday. Xx

Every one else in the gang ā€¦ Onwards and downwards Xx

Dave- happy anniversary, have a lovely meal! 43 years is quite an achievement!!
    Jean- sounds like you’ve kept busy & had a half successful shopping trip. Enjoy the thunderstorm if you get one! Weigh-in tomorrow?
    Hemmy- very exciting for your daughter! Will she be nearer to you? Are you warming to her partner?
    Lynne- hope you’re not too busy, & have a lovely holiday, hope the girls are helpful. Going to be even hotter I think, heatwave all over Europe?
    Pseudo- I felt really tired for the first 4 weeks, & then the energy levels gradually went up- now they’re back to how I felt years ago! I’m sure it’ll kick in with you soon… I’ve got a very cheap version of that exercise bike- I think I’ve used it twice! I got it when I had tendinitis so thought it would help me get back into exercise, but found other exercises which helped more. If you like watching TV then you can do it at the same time! I know what you mean about making friends, since I made a few friends when the boys were first born I don’t think I’ve managed to make many new ones, that step from a bit of a chat into friendship is hard…
    Been really hot again today, had to stay out the sun as getting my prickly heat rash again šŸ™ šŸ™ Had a nice lunch out, kept it keto apart from some onion rings I couldn’t resist! Too full for any dessert, unusual for me! Open evening was a bit strange, not many people mixing, staying in their own groups. Met one of the sales directors who has a soft spot for son, he’s really pleased with how son’s doing, nice to hear…He’s looking tired though, working late quite a few evenings…
    Had a big field fire near us tonight, with the forest being so close too it was a bit of a worry in case it all spread, luckily they got to it quickly. After the awful fires in Greece it makes you a bit nervous…

Hedgehogs… posted the same time.. lol

Glad you had an enjoyable day… Glad they sorted the fire quickly .. Fire Is always a worry.

Kristy is in Wimbledon now .. so about the same .. one and a half hours away.

Hopefully will come back in the country one day. Lol She enjoys her job in London.. works for an events company and meets lots of interesting people .. so for now its all about the commute.

She does come home regularly .. this partner is growing on me. lolol I loved the last one like a son… he was around when Andrew passed so he will always be special ā€¦ but he was not for her. Just pleased she is happy… a good girl but impulsive. lol Xx

Evening everyone

Dave, hope you’ve had a wonderful anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed your calories.

Hemmy, It’ll be nice to go and visit Kristy, and some new walks for Mr Pips, I remember staying in Redhill with friends and walking in Boxhill.

A dull day here today, but very warm, need a good thunderstorm to clear the air, think we’re due some on the weekend.

So, update from me.

Bec is now working, and has been doing extra shifts training. Nice to get her up and out of the house with a purpose, at least for the summer.

Things have been interesting for me. A month ago I was told my job was at risk and that I’d probably be finishing around January. Then I was approached for another job, put my application in, did loads of prep, interviewed and have been offer the job. It’s a promotion as well, so a nice pay rise to boot.

It’ll mean I’ll have to go back to working 5 days a week for a bit, but I’m looking forward to the change, although a bit nervous as I don’t have the qualifications usually required for the job, but the manager knew that before he spoke to me about applying. We’re all expecting further redundancies down the line, but at least I’ll have a more transferable skill after a year or so in the job and at 52 I’m too young to think about retiring.

Weight wise, I’ve been up and down but only by a couple of pounds, but finding it hard to fast at the moment as getting stomach cramps, so aiming for keeping it low.

Already started a bit in holiday mode, Sunday we’re going last minute shopping, then for food and to see Mama Mia 2. We saw the first one for Hannah’s 10th birthday, just the 3 of us, so a bit of nostalgia.

Sorry this is all about me, I’ve got up to date with posts, but too much to comment on.

Hope to speak tomorrow.

Night

Lynne x

Up early today,too hot so i thought i might has well get up,very rare i am up before Denise.Had a nice meal ,lots of calories so not looking good for the weigh in on Saturday.Heidi got up with me so i will have a cuppa and take her out before it gets too hot.According to Google its going to be 30c today with showers.

Morning all,

Sorry I didnā€™t post yesterday, ended up being a busy day and my FD which worked well for me šŸ™‚

Yes I have a fab job, we also have another two services within our company that do something very similar and they work with age group 16+. The reason Iā€™m job hunting is our funding is coming to an end so have to find something else, never mind been with the company 10 years so perhaps a change is good, weā€™ve lost so many good people over the past 4/5 years through the company have reorganisation after reorganisation, I think theyā€™ve lost their way in the UK – changing things that worked to things that donā€™t work and now changing back saying itā€™s a new idea!!! šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø but world wide still doing amazing work. Iā€™m also a volunteer for the company but totally different from the job and if I didnā€™t need the money I would volunteer for another local charity (funded by Aneurin Bevan HB) who are a sitting service they have waiting lists as long as your arm, as we are often trying to refer our clients on to them. Loneliness is such a big issue and as youā€™ve probably guessed Iā€™m a really chatty person will talk to anyone šŸ˜

Jean glad in not going shopping until tomorrow……šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Lynne, this is how I ended up in this job, reorganisation, redundancies, had to apply for my job (Reception/Admin) 3 times in two years then when this came up manager suggested I would be good at it and should apply so did, the rest is history as they say and Iā€™m only 56, and the way itā€™s going we wonā€™t be able to retire until weā€™re in our 70ā€™s šŸ¤­

Brads……belated Happy Anniversary, hope you enjoyed your few hundred calories šŸ˜‚

Hope weā€™ll get some rain today, forecast for some last night but still dry as a bone, scenic drive has been on fire for best part of three weeks and driving home from work Tuesday could still see small areas with smoke billowing up although local news says itā€™s out. Greece, so sad listening to people taking on tv/radio.

Trying to have a low day today as weighing tomorrow then rest of day off (if Iā€™ve lost).

Have a good day everyone xx

Morning All..
    Thundering and sun, a quick downpour but need more..dark sky developing…

Extending our fast to brunch out at 11.30….would you believe daughter found my Fitbit in her car under the seat good but I now have two ..I shall put my new one away…

This mornings weigh in…I am the same…a big drum roll for Steve 4 lbs off and lower than pre holiday…I canā€™t understand our bodies…..we do and eat the same…..I am pleased as he has been on his plateau for a year and since Christmas his body has decided to play again…

Dave…
    Glad you enjoyed your meal and all went well and donā€™t count the calories…šŸ˜€

Hemmy..
    All is well with you…good you have found a new dog walking friend…itā€™s nice when you get on well and you click…hope it develops for you…you are a strong lady and marching on…a few unsettled years for you but much better times a head now…

Hedgehog..
    Hope your heat rash is calming down…lovely on the good reports of your son alway nice to hear, you must be very proud he is still very young..is the fire under control, a bit of a worry…

Lynne..
    Congratulations on your new job, a step up and more qualifications when you move on…I am sure you are ready for 5 days and enthusiastic for a different journey…have a lovely holiday with the girls..enjoy Mamma Mai all good reports…

Santana…
    Your job sounds very interesting…lovely going forward and helping people…it would be nice to find something similar again when the time comes…hoping your fire soon goes out…such a lot about…

Kay..
    Are you back from your holiday..all looked good with the bbq out….

Minols…
    Are you back yet??

Pseu..
    What are you up up this weekend??

Have a good day…

Jean x

Morning all.

Weird weather today, clammy without the fan on, cold with it. More grey skies, looks like it’s been raining most of the night. There have been a lot of fires around here too, though the fire department have been keeping on top of it luckily. A few weeks ago the mountain behind me was on fire and I had ash raining down into my garden, that was a bit scary!

No more fasts for me this week, but I think next week I’ll try to start back doing at least two days.

Hope everyone is well.

What the longest fast you guys have done?

Afternoon all!
    Lynne- lovely news about your job, & Becs too! Have a nice couple of days & then a good holiday!
    Hemmy- goodness, I gathered you’d lost your husband, to lose two- you sound amazingly strong, as is Lynne… Dog walking friends are good!
    Jean- annoying to have now found your old fitbit! A big well done to Steve!
    Sanatana- shame about the funding, that often seems to happen with charities, such as shame. I hope you find something equally rewarding… I do voluntary work with 3 charities now.
    Pseudo- the fire sounds scary, eek! Hope the weather cheers up where you are!
    Dave- hope your weigh-in isn’t too bad, glad the meal was good!
    Up early & busy so didn’t get round to posting- ironing youngest sons’ last minute stuff as he goes away with the army cadets 6am tomorrow- he wanted to get packed & go out with friends, lots of washing on & then out shopping- it was mad & lots of shelves empty in asda- have I missed something?! Lost 2lbs this week, one more to go, so trying a black coffee & water only fast today, it’s very hard, I might not last the day!! Only had one coffee, so a bit headachey, heat or caffeine? It’s still roasting here…but they are forecasting cooler & showers!

Got the fan on full blast but still hot,if it rains i am going to stand outside to cool down.Too hot last night and probably the same again tonight.My Bose sound system has packed up,it was getting old,they make a great difference when trying to hear spoken words.

Afternoon All…
    Itā€™s 30 degrees, cloudy and so humid…had some thunder this morning, a couple of heavy downpours for about 5 mins each not long enough…

We had lunch out where we were going didnā€™t do what we wanted only on a weekend so ended up at a new lovely cafe with bacon butties, a small cake and coffee, daughter and grandson joined us they are off to Spain tomorrow….a bit expensive but very nice…

When we got back I emulsioned the office, so very hot I had three pints of water while I was doing it..sweating buckets, had my shower but still sweaty…too much information…

Our wardrobes are being fitted on Monday with the drawers to follow Thursday, I told them we were ready and they rang back to say they would come early so thatā€™s nice…so emptying three wardrobes and piling clothes into the back bedroom over the weekend…wardrobes to tip….

Trying a new Hot Thai chicken curry out tonight with rice..hope it turns out right…

Pseu…
    Canā€™t help you with long fasts we just do two or three ordinary fasts….

Hedgehogs…
    Busy sorting your son out..hope he enjoys his trip…where is he going? …well done on your 2 lbs off you do very well when you are near target….someone on tv said shops were bare, especially chill section…no answer…

Well just having a G & T a treat before cooking my curry….painting another coat tomorrow…must admit itā€™s looking very clean and tidy in all the clothes muddle šŸ˜‚

Dave..
    Shame about your Bose, itā€™s a really good system….hope you get the rain as us šŸ¤ž

Have a great weekend..

Jean x

We have rain lots of rain…with have thunder…..šŸ˜€….and lots of wind šŸ˜€
    X

Stop having beans thenšŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œ could do with some rain,not had any and no thunderstorms, Heidi will be pleased about that.I have ordered a new sound system,it has crystal clear voice,it’s wi-fi,and Bluetooth also it has Freeview HD built into it also Amazon prime,plus all the catch-up from ITV, channel 4&5, BBC iPlayer.

Jean I completely missed your post this morning, I don’t know if we cross posted or it just took a while to show up. Fancy that about the fitbit! Can you take the other one back?
    Well done to Steve on the 4lb loss! It is weird how things work, eating the same thing but having different results. Are you both almost at target now? How was your curry?

Well done on getting the job Lynne, and as you said gaining experience in a transferable skill is always going to go in your favour when it’s time to look elsewhere.

HH, strange Asda was so empty, no idea what’s going on there. Are people expecting biblical flooding or something?! Well done on the 2lb! You’re only 1lb off target?

Been raining most of today, due to rain all day tomorrow and then really heavily on Sunday, so that’s scuppered any outdoor plans I was mulling over. I am working on a sideline of making illustrated wooden pin badges, and I think I’ve finally cracked through one of the technical issues I was having with my resin, so I’ll probably spend time working on them (I have 34, in 8 different designs currently drying) between playing games and watching the DVDs I rented from the library. I’m just hoping they work smoothly, the last one I rented played fine but then got lodged in my Playstation and I had to take the whole thing apart to get it out.

Storm starting here…
    Pseudo- the pin badges sound interesting, goo you’ve got some indoor plans with your weather forecast! Just 1lb to get me back to target, but with holiday next week, it’ll go up again!
    Dave- poor Heidi if you do get a storm… Josie used to hide in the cupboard & shake. I love a good storm, so I can enjoy this one & not be worried about her. New sound system sounds good…
    Jean- hope your dinner’s nice! Son is going on his last annual camp with the army cadets to a base in North Germany, for 10 days, although quite a bit of that will be travelling! We have to drop him off at 6am, yuk!
    Caved in & had cream in a coffee earlier, had to take ibuprofen for my neck…

It’s spitting

Evening All…
    Definitely a off plan day…been out to the pub…canā€™t seem to settle to watch tv since holiday…we never really go this late in the evening…

Thai food went well very different from Indian food..but enjoyed it..I did up the chilli….we like it spicey..

Hedgehog…
    Germany very nice for your son…a 6 am start is a bit early…a peaceful 10 days..šŸ˜€..

Dave…
    You do like your gadgets……

Pseu..
    I shall keep the Fitbit as mine is going off sale and I like this one..cheap at Ā£35…I shall put it away….the body is very strange I cannot understand the working, everyone is so different…your badges sound interesting I like faffing about as you can possibly tell…

We have had quite a bit of rain hoping the garden picks up…

Another painting morning tomorrow..that will be three rooms finished..3 down 6 to go..šŸ˜‚

Jean x

I do like gadgets,my new sound system can be controlled by voice using Alexa,got smart watches, Google home, Amazon echo,to name a few.Cant see the blood moon,to Cloudy.

Good morning, or is it good night?! We leave at 5.20… Big storm & finally rain last night!
    Jean- I like to be able to decorate when I can have the windows open, but not in this heat! We’ve decided to not have the heaters done, as the quotes were too expensive & too much hassle, so we won’t have to decorate!
    Dave- all too much tech for me!

Morning All…
    Steady rain most of the night sun is just coming out….

Finishing the office today, just another coat on the wall, not large room but very faffy…canā€™t move the desk so itā€™s crawling underneath, then crawling in another corner were the printer is…climbing on the desk to paint as it canā€™t be moved…all fun but looks so much better…hang the curtains later…and move everything back!!

Three wardrobes have to be dismantled and taken to tip…goodness donā€™t we have loads of clothes and never wear them…I now have the back bedroom two beds piled high, struggling for space now!

Hedgehog..
    Hope your son got off early and away…10 days of missing him….there is never a good time to decorate, you canā€™t sit out in this heat so uncomfortable, I get hot and bothered anytime…yesterday was very bad…itā€™s nice when itā€™s done itā€™s getting the motivation…go while I am thinking…Florida I think got me going…we are in the caravan soon so no more till at least another month….

Shame on the heaters, the quotes are high for everything these days…I was surprised at the price of decorating things, paint and bits…

What have you planned today??…you can come and help us šŸ˜‚

Dave..
    We do a bit of tech but you are more into it than us…..

Speak later..have a good day all…

Jean x

Yes i love tech,i have an Amazon Echo and two echo dots,i have a Google home and two Google minis,Three smartwatches,Laptop,tablet,smartphone,Smartbulbs,my new audio system can be controlled by Alexa so dont need the remote.Poor Heidi was panting all night,Denise got up and put a wet towel over her to cool her down,the weather is cooler at the moment so she is ok.On my weigh in i have lost one and a quarter pounds,very happy with that after all the calories i had on Thursday.

Dave …well done on your weight off…good especially after your meal out….

Decorating finished for now…wardrobes taken to tip and clothes everywhere….just curtains to hang and a shower and thatā€™s me done….

Jean x

Just been to the tip,got rid of two sky boxes and the bose,the sun is out now,had a tiny drop of rain,i took Heidi out in it without a coat,Waiting for my new audio system to be delivered.Denise said i suppose you will be messing with it all night,but it should only take a few minutes hopefully.

Dave- poor Denise, can she use anything in your house?! Well done on the weigh in, that’s great with your meal out this week!
    Jean- my clothes seem to be multiplying, I’m not very good at throwing things out, keep eyeing the little bit of space in hubby’s wardrobe! You’ll be able to relax again once everything’s done & you get away in the caravan!
    Had one downpour here then sun came out, very breezy, getting cooler indoors now… took advantage to get lots of cleaning done. We went to see my friend from Ireland doing a flying visit before she sees family, she’s back briefly in September too & then it’ll be no more until next spring šŸ™ Thought we’d pop into little local town as I’d run out of some seeds for my crackers- the road was closed as a cyclist had been knocked off her bike, so parked the car there & had a long walk into town, then on the way home big traffic jams as another cyclist had been knocked off near us. Not a good day to be cycling šŸ™
    Fasted until lunchtime, the crackers I’d made for our holiday were making my mouth water!! Youngest won’t be arriving until about midnight we think, so not going to hear anything for a while… He’ll be disappointed as him & friends had thought they’d like to go to Dubai instead of Monaco, we’ve looked it up & unaccompanied teens/ young males can’t go, he’ll have to wait until he’s 21, so that’s a relief!! His friend has been with his family a few times so they didn’t realise they couldn’t go together!! (What’s wrong with Ibiza?!)

Denise uses Alexa and Google,got her trained,she goes to bed sometimes to read,when she has done she says Google,night night and the lights are turned out,she looks less that saves her getting out of bedšŸ˜,in the morning she will say Alexa turn on TV,then the channel,saves looking for the remote.

One extreme to another! A pretty epic storm came through, I went toddling downstairs and discovered have my kitchen flooded with dirty, smelly water. Disaster! Just been mopping up buckets of it, and then I had to stick my arm down the drain out the garden to see if it had blocked, which was as stinky and disgusting as you would imagine it to be. Waiting for the floor to dry now and then I’m going to bleach the hell out of it. Hope none of the rest of you get flooding!

How old is your son HH? Was he excited to be going off?

Jean, bombing along with the decorating! Are you due a clear out with the clothes or does it just look bad because it’s piled up? I need to sort out my clothes again, I had a clear out not so long ago but when I look at my clothes there’s hardly nothing I actually want to wear day to day so I should probably get rid of stuff.

I’m debating going back to uni (well, Open University). I know it’ll stress me out working and studying but do I really want to be stuck in a dead end job for the next 30 or 40 years?

Sunny again here,so I hope you don’t get anymore to flood again.Hardly had any rain here for ages,just the odd very quick shower.

Good Evening All…

We have had a lovely steak dinner and now relaxing feeling quite tired..F1 is on miss judged meal time..

Hedgehog..
    I donā€™t like to say it Dubai, Ā£200 night hotels plus, with no meals, meals at Ā£50 / Ā£75 each, he needs very full pockets…drinks at Ā£25 each, alcohol or non alcohol the same price…very very expensive..not for young men…

We are away at a rally with friends a week Wednesday..hoping itā€™s not this hot..I feel we need a break, may add a couple of days extra before we meet up….

Dave…
    Could do with Alexa, does she decorate…could do with a maid….

Pseu..
    What a nightmare blocked drains..or is it flooding……make sure you have a bath or shower bad germs about…hope itā€™s sorted..

I am not due a clear out but some coats I have, 4,…I have not worn for 10 years…I donā€™t wear coats but they are new..basic trench coats to the knee, so donā€™t date…do I throw them??..I wear long cardigans if I have too…always hot……your thoughts or anyone elseā€™s…much appreciated…Steves thoughts not worn for 18 months they go but heā€™s a man….lol

Jean x

If not worn for ten years give to charity šŸ¤—I had a nice steak also,F1 very wetšŸ§œšŸ§œšŸ§œ

Viewing 50 posts - 18,301 through 18,350 (of 35,464 total)

You must be logged in to reply.