Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,983 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 3 hours, 56 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 18,251 through 18,300 (of 35,470 total)

• Morning all!
    Still hot here, no rain at all…
    oops, still in holiday mode, had some chocolate last night when hubby had some! On the plus side, I’ve stuck with IF 16:8 all week, & still done my 100 squats every day, just done a HIIT workout this morning…
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning All…

A lovely start to the morning…looks like we are getting hotter yet again…

We are both painting the walls today…two coats needed..hang new curtains……then it will be put on hold until the wardrobes arrive..the other bedroom is in a state with clothes and boxes everywhere, hoping to put some order into later, we still have to empty three wardrobes 😬 maybe nearer the time….

Have a lovely day…we will be fasting Monday…

Jean x

Morning Hedgehog posts crossed….it’s easing back in…are you fasting tomorrow?

You look as if you have kept to most of your routine even if keto has suffered….

A question….when you post does it take ages to land on here..mine is so slow…..about 18 months ago, a very large thread had to close its original down and re start again…I am wondering if that is happening here as a few people are loosing posts too…

We will have to keep an eye on it and ask the question to the technical team on here maybe…

Have a good day..a bbq?…pork joint and dinner for us, it’s a while since we have had one….

Jean x

Jean- I think mine seem to post okay, occasionally wires get crossed but I think it’s usually down to me getting distracted & taking a while to write it! No BBQ for us- both boys are out this evening & not worth getting it out & dirty for the 2 of us! Couldn’t stand to cook a roast in this heat though; just pasta for us, we missed it Friday night as I was so late back! Don’t overdo it with the painting & sorting…

Cream crackered…but bedroom looks lovely just to put curtains up and TV back on the wall…then hanging paintbrush up for a few days…Steve thinks hopefully 😀…side table lamps a bit small needs changing a job in the week, the look matches in..

So very hot here no air at all…lovely pork dinner and wine….fasting tomorrow …

Hope you are all surviving the heat…

Jean x

F1 was very exciting, won’t say anymore about it,fast day tomorrow,so hope everyone is doing well.

I don’t have a problem with my posts taking a while to show up. I do lose them sometimes if I edit them after posting, so I’ve learnt to copy the post if I’m going to risk that.
    HH, do you have coffee with cream when fasting?

Morning all!
    I’m fasting too today, so there’ll be a few of us…
    Pseudo- I do have coffee with cream quite often- I have done black coffee only a few times, but not strong enough every time, I need a bit of a crutch!
    Meeting a potential new H-S family today, just a short term one, as their other volunteer broke her arm.
    No sign of the weather changing yet! (I’m sure it will next week when we go to the Lake District!)

Morning All…
    A hot one again all doors and windows open already….

Lovely when you can wash and iron and get everything put away so quickly …

Hedgehog..
    Hope your new family is nice and you can help and sort them out…shame you are not in Manchester and you could Try and sort Steves daughter out because we can’t..

I think I saw the weathers holding for another month, so your holiday will be lovely in the Lake District, so beautiful…you must do the paddle boat on Windermere, it’s a good hours round trip…I do believe there’s three stopping points, you can get off and on again, check on that one…have you been before?..

It must be my end what’s slow on the internet shouldn’t be as we have a fast connection …thanks any way..

Paint brushes back in the garage for the moment..we are taking a few days break….hair colour this morning and then taking our new side table lights back as we need a bit bigger, they look a bit lost…other than that not much…

Have a good day fasters..

Jean x

Weird day here today, grey and grim but really stuffy and warm. I’m surprised the kids in the school next to my office are still in – I thought the end of term was last week. Confused.

I was debating doing a fast today, but don’t think I have the motivation. I think I’ll just see how it goes this evening.

Morning all.

Im joining the fasters today! Im going to try 2 days b2b! Today will be the usual 1 meal fast day and tomorrow will be drinks only! I need a kick start. So just need to keep busy now!!!

I cant see my last post…I wrote yesterday…probably down to user error though!! Dont usually have a problem and copy the text if Ive wrote a long post, just in case!

So I didnt eat until 3.30pm yesterday so fasted for about 42 hours. Dont know how you do 72 hours HH?! Is that drinks only??

After another hot one yesterday, today is cloudy, but still very warm. Our neighbours are back from holiday, so now its back down to watering our own flowers!

Jean, enjoy your few days break from the decorating. Has Steves hip started to feel better yet? I need to colour my hair too but cant decide on what colour to do it. As the sun has lightened bits of it, I dont want to go for my usual red or purplish…something lighter perhaps but with 100% grey coverage! I had a look in Morrisons and couldnt see any that appealed. I also need to bite the bullet and find a new addressers and get booked in for a hair cut, its way overdue. I also might treat myself to a pedicure, they need some TLC! I’ll do my DIY first and see if they are acceptable!

Pseu, weird that the schools there havent broken up, maybe midweek? Hope your day goes ok and even if you dont manage a FD, then at least promise yourself to eat some nutritious healthy food rather than anything bad. It will help you to feel better.

HH, great to have you back, although the journey back sounds like a bit of a mare! Hope the temp HS family visit goes ok.

Dave, is your camera arriving today? Wasnt the F1 exciting….most unexpected!!

CW, good to have you back and glad that all is going well with youngest. You will laugh at me….I picked up some comments about Parrots and something funny so I started to scroll back thinking there was a new poster called Parrots…lol
    Anyway an easy one to avoid, some of the others less so…

Santana and Adra, sounds like you are both getting to grips with it ok. Hopefully your motivation and results will rub off on some of us on here that need a kick!

Goosey, any more projects in mind to keep your mind off the wine?

Hemmy, I spent ages in the garden yesterday afternoon, dead heading and feeding. Its very rewarding isnt it! We harvested carrots and our first chillis yesterday, nothing better than your own home grown.

Right best get myself moving, not done anything yet and Neils due home early as work is quiet!

Lets be strong fasters! How many hands on the batton are there today???

Kay x

One cup of tea up to now, feeling ok,yes the Millennium stadium,best stadium in Britain.My camera not arrived yet,there was a problem with my debit card,it was out of date,so they called me yesterday and asked me to update it,I said I wouldn’t do it over the phone so I did it online and called them back, sorted so waiting for it to come.The sun is out so I have closed all the windows,it keeps all the hot air out,it works,seen the item on this morning last week telling you to close the windows.If it gets warm the fan goes on💥💥💥

Jean how do you poached eggs?I forgot and fancy one later.

No sun here, not even any blue sky. 🙁

Awful here,very humid,sun is out but lots of white clouds about too.Just took Heidi out and she drank a bowl of water when we got back.

Dave..
    Poached eggs..
    A pan half filled with water..bring to the boil…keep boiling..drop egg in…wait until the frothy water comes to top of pan..turn off heat….carefully lift egg out with slotted spoon…enjoy..

Jean x

Afternoon All…
    We have just finished a pork salad..hit the spot delicious…all going well here…

Kay..
    Hope all is going well…a b2b…good going…😀 Steve hip is still sore the injection is not kicking in yet, doc said could be a week or a bit more…becareful on your colour as red colour goes orange with grey hair, it will only take a smattering of grey maybe 20%…I was your colour now I am a dark blonde, I really liked being auburn..

Pseu..
    Heavy cloud all day and humid but 31 degrees..sun just come out…

I had loads of jobs but a neighbour called over for a couple of hours so well behind…

Jean x

Hope you’re all doing okay? Woohoo, 33 degrees here, & I went against Met Office advice & sat out in the sun over lunchtime!
    Pseudo- how’re you feeling, going to have a keto day or a fast? Sorry if we all keep talking about sun & you’re cloudy… Some schools round here are already broken up, others not until Tuesday.
    Dave- enjoy your poached eggs… Hope you get your camera soon & enjoy playing with it! We’ve just ordered a new one, only a cheap & simple one, old one keeps playing up.
    Kay- hope you can get back on track, B2B isn’t too bad. I think the first day’s always worst for me & it gets easier… Enjoy the garden, the veggies & hope that Ellie’s okay?
    Keeping going with lots of sparkling mineral water…

Sorry, Jean I forgot you!- don’t know how you keep going doing all those jobs, especially in this heat! We’ve been to the Lakes lots of times before, so will probably avoid Windemere as it gets so crowded peak season… we’re near Ullswater which we love, & will probably stick to the quieter lakes. Hopefully it’ll be a lazy holiday too as we’re staying in a cabin by itself near a river, has a hot tub too, I think it’ll be cooler there so we might get to use it, wouldn’t here, lol!

Hello

9:30 flight to Bristol, delayed to 12:37. Tired already, seats are hard and 4 & 1/2 hours to wait. Sorry for grumbling – anyone got a good book recommendation.

Still fast day today and if I can keep going for 45ins all shops will be shut in the airport and I’m not resorting to 3 for £10 giant Toblerone.

Hope all fasters today have had a successful time.

CW x

Hedgehog…
    I love the lakes but if does get busy…if you know the quiet corners that would be nice…the cabin sounds really nice a hot tub too overlooking a river..if the weather keeps this hot I would take bug spray too..I was bit about 12 times the other evening/ night, no idea from where…

Which day do you go?…We were thinking of having a few days away in the caravan but it would be too hot..so waiting a bit..

A few cleaning jobs downstairs tomorrow and then I should be up to date then and happy……car washed and outside windows just done …so downstairs windows inside tomorrow early…..Steve will be pleased we are then finished…

I don’t seem to be able to settle since holidays don’t know what’s up with me…

Have a nice evening..

Jean x

Cakey Wakey…
    Poor you nothing worse than a delayed flight…keep strong and away from the chocolate…

Good luck..

Jean x

Morning all! Would anyone believe I was cold in bed last night?! Got double quilt though as hubby kicked his off…
    Cakey- Haha, your post made me laugh, the Toblerone offer kept calling me too when my flight was delayed, I kept wandering into the shop looking at them! I found some nuts which are good on keto & was able to resist the chocolate, hope you stayed strong! They didn’t have the book I wanted either- I love Karen Rose’s books, but did have one with me luckily.
    Jean- still sounds lots for today- I’m looking at the inside of my French doors & they do need a clean… I’m taking a citronella candle on holiday, don’t know if it’ll help! We go on Monday, for 5 days. We have wifi there, so that’s good.
    Still fasting, maybe til lunchtime or tonight…out most of today so that’ll help!

Morning all, grey and raining here today. I’m glad for a bit of moisture but I’m hoping it brightens up the rest of the week.
    Didn’t manage a fast day, but it was a good keto day macros wise. The keto forum is good for asking questions but I do get a bit miffed at the hardcore folk who give you stupid advice.
    I had to leave the house with my hair really wet, I look a bit like Medusa at the moment.
    CW, did you stay strong? Nightmare being stuck in delays.
    Who are todays fasters?

Morning All…
    A cloudy day but warm…no rain for us this week…sun coming through now..

A few jobs this morning then I am done…the brick dust is everywhere ours and the neighbour has had a brick conservatory built while away…I can’t sit if dirty…

I need milk so going to try a new Morrisons cafe there’s some seating outside in the shade, it’s in a old Mill..

NFD for us today but keeping on the low side…daughter is coming up tomorrow so deciding which is the best option to make for a cake/buns….we are going to the local town for a walk around not much there but she likes it….

Hedgehog…
    How could you be cold, we have our 1 tog duvet on with the fan blowing all night and with both windows open..😂…holiday, bug spray too!! You are near water and greenery …I would say don’t forget the wine but you don’t drink…lol…sounds very romantic…💕

Pseu..
    Would love a bit of rain here…keep strong and hoping the keto works and settles down…are you feeling any better within yourself? Any walking planned or is it too hot…

Jean x

Hedgehogs how can you be cold,I lay on top of the duvet naked all night,not a pretty sight😱😱😱It’s roasting,I did notice since I closed all the windows that when I come into the house after talking Heidi out it’s much cooler inside.Non fast day today but will try to keep under 1800 calories.My daughter just texted me saying one of her cats passed away,she has one left plus two dogs.The sun is trying to come out but struggling.

I’m the same, either naked or just wearing a vest, with a big fan running all night! No windows open though, I live on a main road so it would wake me up too much, and like you said Dave, it might be better to keep them shut.

Jean; I feel okay with what I’m eating, its definitely tasty, just not sure it’s actually doing anything. No walks this weekend, unless I decide to strike out somewhere on my own. I have it in my head I’d like to take my sketchbook somewhere pretty and quiet and just sit and draw the scenery, haven’t done that sort of thing since art school, but usually when the weekend rolls around I struggle to drag myself further than my garden.
    Have you got all your jobs done now or are there still others sneaking up? Steve not seeing any improvement yet?

HH, I second the extra bug spray suggestion, horse flies everywhere around here. Nasty little blighters.

You should have seen the dragon flies when I was fishing,wing span of six inches some of them.Its raining here so will change shoes before I take Heidi out again.

Afternoon All.
    A lovely cafe at Morrisons, as I said in a old mill…the food was lovely and cheap…

Dave…
    Definitely not a pretty sight but so hot….lol..maybe your rain might help…

Pseu…go and find a corner to draw or paint, my daughter used too when she was doing her A levels…Steves no better, I don’t think he is spasming as much….

I am hopefully doing the full house, it all needs doing..a bit of a stop until the bedroom fitters come…as I can’t move for clothes..9 rooms, 2 done!!…it will be on going into winter….

Relaxing now..

Jean x

Evening all

Doing my 3rd FD today, had such a good day Sunday completely forgot to prepare my food for FD and only realised yesterday morning……oops

Pseu……..I’m near Newport up the valley a bit, yes 5lb in first week but we all know it’ll slow down. I’m down in Swansea end of August with work 2 days training perhaps they won’t notice if I sneak off to the Mumbles if weather still like this lol😅😂. Schools up here only broke up yesterday and today unless like my grandsons last week as they have 2 days TEACHER TRAINING!!! So finished Friday.

What is the keto you all keep talking about??? I’ve heard about your body weeing ketones as you loose weight (Atkins diet) but 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Very dull, grey and warm with us today hubby said it rained at home but in work (Newport) fine drizzle for all of 5 mins and didn’t even wet the ground only reason I knew it was raining I was in the car and had arm on open window ledge couldn’t see it on windscreen.

Adra…..if you had your FD yesterday hope it went well.

Have been thinking about doing my next FD tomorrow but as I’ve booked day off work hubby talking about going to Cwmbran then perhaps driving out Abergavenny or Hereford stop somewhere and have a pub lunch…..ohh wonder what’s going to win 😁😁

Let you know tomorrow

TTFN xx

Sorry just remembered

Jean any chance I could have your recipe for scones – dribbling just thinking about them – with cream and jam would be even better.

I have made a small portion of “jam” using Erythritol (sugar substitute) and frozen mixed berries boiled it for ages. Turned out alright and didn’t feel guilty eating it lol 😂

Thanks xx

Santana…
    Step daughter lives near Cwmbran…we get to see her a few times during the year…we stay at Tredegar Caravan Park..

Well done on your third fast of the week…I will get my scone recipe out and post it…

Have you heard of chai jam, it’s not a true jam more to go in yogurt or I put it on my muesli in a morning, or under cream on a scone…Not on toast…it’s quite tart….1 tablespoon 20 cals..only lasts a week in the fridge…it would go lovely on a cheesecake topping..lol..I wish…

Jean x

Santana

BBC FOOD
    SCONES

Ingredients
    225g/8oz self raising flour
    pinch of salt
    55g/2oz butter
    25g/1oz caster sugar ( I put less in)
    150ml/5fl oz milk
    1 free-range egg, beaten, to glaze (alternatively use a little milk)

How-to-videos

Method
    Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.

Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.

Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough.

Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.

Brush the tops of the scones with the beaten egg. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.

Cool on a wire rack and serve with butter and good jam and maybe some clotted cream.

May try them myself 😃

Santana..

CHAI JAM

It’s a more soft jam, so lovely in yogurt, on top of muesli or granola, even scones. Only keeps a week in the fridge. I like mine tart so I only used 2 tblsp of honey…and I didn’t use vanilla…

You can also use mixed berries and other fruit, the frozen fruit gives you the liquid what makes this jam.
    (I love the mixed berries fruit I think a deeper flavour)

1 gr = 1 cal ( this raw un cooked jam)..1 tablespoon 20 cals

5-minute Raspberry Chia Seed Jam

Makes 1 jar

Chia seed jam is a healthy, low-sugar alternative to regular jam. You can whip this up in 5 minutes and have an incredible, homemade jam in your fridge! I used this post as my guide for this recipe.

2 cups frozen raspberry (defrost first)

2 tablespoons chia seeds

2 tablespoons warm water

2-4 tablespoons honey (preferably raw)*

1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

Defrost the berries in a pan in their own time, mash them up to squash them down leaving a few lumps, add all the other ingredients, give a good stir so all the chai seeds are well covered…put in a well washed clean jar…leave overnight to become thick…

Keeps one week in the fridge…..I use two cranberry sauce size jars, fills 1 1/2..

Dave..don’t let me lead you astray…😂
    X

You should do a book Jean😇😇😇

Evening! Still hot here, no rain, still spending ages watering the garden…
    Scary thought, so many of you naked at night!!
    Jean- Another café to tempt to you both! Have a lovely day with your daughter tomorrow, did you bake for it yet?
    Santana- have a good day out as well, life’s short forget the fasting for a day out if you get the chance, there’s always another day! Pseudo & I are doing the Keto diet, it’s like Atkins, low carb, high fat, but not silly amounts of protein.
    Pseudo- If you can draw, going somewhere quiet sounds a lovely idea! Maybe a joint project with Jean- she could do the recipes, you do some nice illustrations…
    Dave- not been much on the news about the moors fire- have you seen the area at all, does it look terrible?
    Both my boys were at home for most of the day today, so I’ve been feeding them lots, they’ve both been busy with work & out so not eating properly at the moment. Finished my fast with courgettes, fried in sage butter, with walnuts & parmesan, my new favourite dinner! I’m going to fast again tomorrow, is anyone else fasting?

Thanks Jean for the recipes going to try the Chia seed jam, had Chia seeds for a while and other than sprinkling them on yogurt and porridge didn’t know what else to do with them and of course will have to make the scones to go with it lol.

Love the coffee shop at Tredegar House take quite a few of my clients there, get them to have a little walk usually up to the pond then back to the shop for a coffee and cake or toast yum yum.

HH, yes think the day out is winning think I’ll do FD Thursday. A few weeks down the line I will look into doing the Keto, I’m not a big meat eater so may work well. The collaboration between Pseu and Jean sounds brill, we could be the taste testers 😁😁

Tummy has been really rumbling tonight but I’ve stuck my head in computer filling in job applications – it’s worked not cupboard crawling just a cuppa and lots of water 💦

XX

Just going to bed…
    Hedgehog …. just my muesli buns everyone seems to like them quick and easy no cooking…although Steve had his eye on them tonight.. No was the answer lol

Santana… chai jam in your porridge yummy..

Night night

Jean x

The Moors fires are all out now,not seen them though.

Thought it was quiet on here, all my email alerts have been going into my spam for some reason!

Successful FD yesterday, under 500 and a drinks only today.

Away in the tent tomorrow for couple of nights, back on Friday morning and will be fasting.

Hope everyone is ok, catch you all at the end of the week x

Well done Kay

Good morning!
    Kay- well done, have a lovely camping trip!
    Dave- did the poached eggs go okay?
    Jean- muesli buns sound good, do you have a recipe or a link? Have a lovely day today; will your daughter be interested in hearing about your Florida trip, didn’t they fall out a while back?
    Santana- what job do you do, taking clients to coffee shops? (Sorry, I’m nosey!! I used to work as a support worker with people with mental health problems, used to go out for coffee, shopping, swimming, cinema… nice job then, not so easy now!) And good luck with the job applications…
    Seeing a friend today, not sure what else, cramp returned last night, so only an easy exercise session I think… Fasting until tomorrow lunchtime, anyone with me?

Morning all, looks like today *might* be sunny, hoorah!
    I think I’m going to try an FD today, first time in months. I’m not adapted yet, but I haven’t woken up hungry and I think I can make it today. It’s always the evening boredom I dread on an FD, thats when I graze.

Oh no! An FD and my low carb cookbook just came into the library. :O

The poached eggs were very good,my son walked past while I was eating and asked how to do them,so I told him and he had poached eggs and bacon.Its going to be a fast day today instead of tomorrow.Tomorrow is our 43rd wedding anniversary so can’t do a fast day then, probably a nice meal out and a drinkipoo 🍺🍺🍺,it’s sunny here but only going to reach 26°C(only😁) cooler than down south.Speedway tonight so that will help with the fasting.My camera has just arrived so I can have a play with that.

Afternoon All…
    A late post from me…daughter arrived early and wanted to get out before it got too hot…we found a new car park, a Wallis and Dorothy Perkins which I didn’t know was there…through new eyes 😂…a good hunt around trousers and a dress bought at Wallis for school wear for her both for £20!

Lunch was nice and a cake 😬

Santana…
    Tredegar is lovely been lots of time only just found the lake last month…lovely coffee shop..

Kay…
    Enjoy your camping trip hope it’s not too hot..can’t win with the weather..lol…keep the old girl cool…

Hedgehog..
    The daughters are talking but not actually talking…if that makes sense, they are friends…they ask after each other..

For cramp you need tonic water, someone told Steve it helps him…he drinks it in the night sometimes…

My muesli buns, my own recipe..( grown up cornflake buns) taste like Ferrera Roche…
    No sugar muesli bought from Lidl…or similar if there’s raisins in I throw them away because they have been cooked and are hard..
    A hand full of flaked almonds toasted
    A couple of handfuls of different seed..( sunflower, pumpkin anything)
    2 bars of eating chocolate, 30p each from Lidl, 1 plain and 1 milk chocolate ..( up to you)

Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water, when melted, throw in your toasted almonds and seeds, keep adding the muesli until everything is all covered in chocolate, keep stirring…put in bun cases…keeping mine in fridge this weather, or usually a tin….keeps three weeks at least. Everybody loves them..

Pseu..
    Good luck on your fast…hope it goes ok…I do love cook books…

Dave..
    Glad the poached eggs went well again and your son liked them…you will be playing with your camera now..

Hemmy..
    You are missing ..Are you OK…

Lynne..
    You are missing..Are you OK

I have lost my Fitbit so annoyed, I heard something drop in the toilet this morning thought it was a hair slide but I think it fell off my wrist…down it went…

We are fasting tomorrow a bit of a naughty week 😬😬

Jean x

I like poached eggs but no idea what to put them on these days.

Bad news on the Fitbit, Jean. Did you use it a lot?

Really tired today, I could so easily go straight to bed when I get home, but then I’ll be up all night. :S

Viewing 50 posts - 18,251 through 18,300 (of 35,470 total)

You must be logged in to reply.