Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,983 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 2 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 18,051 through 18,100 (of 35,470 total)

• Afternoon All
    All very quiet here everything closed .. we have had a morning on the beach it was cloudy so the temperature was lovely, the sea very warm strange as it’s the Atlantic ..

Hedgehog..
    Hope a new family need you more..up early for you the heat gets you that way…

Pseu..
    Hope you are feeling better and the sickness is going away..

Dave ..
    Very sad only 6 people at the funeral mine will possibly be the same….I can’t do with back biting of people better on your own …

Hemmy..
    You are very balanced now weight wise.. that’s really lovely you have cracked it what you need to do…

Lynne..
    Always nice to ask to go for a job as you say it will tie things nicely for a couple of years..

Rather large steaks here for tonight.. fireworks on the river… rather frosty atmosphere between Daughter and SIL… if it doesn’t improve I am packing and going to Orlando…it’s quite usual….

Jean x

Dave, sad about your neighbours funeral but at least 6 people there.
    In my previous life, many many years ago, when I was a social worker, it was very sad when someone died with no family or friends. Or worse, family out of the woodwork who hadn’t visited for years and arrived to fight over a few possessions. It’s brought a lump to my throat thinking about it 🙁
    Couldn’t go back to that work now…
    And sad that your neighbour didn’t get round to making his will. So frustrating.

Dave- nice that you were there, shame he hadn’t sorted things out… better to have 6 people who cared than as Kay says, family who didn’t but are just after something. (A friend of the family went to a funeral, went to the wrong funeral by mistake, but felt they had to sit through it, & signed the condolence book on the way out. A little while later they had a phone call from the solicitor dealing with the estate to say they were due a share of the inheritance- the person had asked that their money be shared out amongst everyone who’d come! They explained that it was a mistake but the solicitor said that was the will & it had to be done!! Quite a nice idea, leaving money to those who come to say goodbye!)
    Kay- a tough job, I used to work as a support worker for people with mental health problems, but at least we didn’t have the responsibility for their case… Hope Ellie is still healing well?
    Jean- hope that the atmosphere improves! At least you’ve had some lovely time with your daughter & grandchildren!
    Lynne- glad the prom went well, & hope that your cough goes completely… well done keeping the weight stable!
    Hemmy- you do well keeping yours on track too, nice to be able to have a few treats & to have found the right way for you to maintain.
    Pseudo- hope you feel better soon.
    Caz, Goosey- hope you’re both doing okay this week?
    Cakey- a good holiday still?
    Had a good day with hubby’s friend- she looks so lovely & glamorous! Sat out in her summer house & had lunch out at a garden centre. Opted for a salad, wasn’t a great menu anyway, & came away with a couple of plants- don’t know where to put the, more pots probably! Tried another new recipe for son & I again, went down not too badly apart from the mango salsa…
    Not sure whether I’ll do one meal or fast tomorrow- I have been really hungry this week!

Kay…it’s so sad when there’s no one to go to a funeral, it’s often on the TV.. it’s a hard job social work…

Hedgehog…
    What a lovely idea to share who goes to the funeral.. at least proper friends and family who cares..

Kay …
    Any news on Ellie??

We have had a lovely bbq tonight and we are off to the fireworks at 9 pm which is soon… far too much food I only took and ate half there was so much…a bit of family thawing nearly 😂

Jean x

I’ve always got that fear of dying and not being found for years until I’ve been half eaten by cats.

Jean, did they argue or are they always frosty?

Pseu…
    The sparks soon fly, both the same personalities…2 days of arguing now all fine and lovey…I don’t like it my ex was very like that.. like walking on egg shells…

Fire works good but I think UK much better organised..

Jean x

Morning all!
    We’re taking hubby’s car in early, then shopping… will have to make sure I do my 100 squats later, not so hot today at least! I’ll jump on the scales later & see what’s happened this week!
    Hope everyone has a good day, especially the fasters…

Started typing a post and lost it! No idea where it disappeared to. Will just say hi to everyone. I’m fasting today as didn’t yesterday. Weather slightly overcast which is good as I’m hedge trimming today and prefer it to be cooler.
    Have a good day everyone.

The last couple of weeks have been like living abroad weather wise,same again today, going to take Denise to hospital for her physio then take Heidi out before it gets too hot.Fast day today for me ,got a Virgin engineer coming round after midday to sort the landline out,can’t complain about the broadband,just did a speedtest and I am getting virtually 200 meg download speed.

Morning all.
    It was raining yesterday and is grey and cloudy today but I think it’s supposed to clear up later, fingers crossed, I’d like the sun back.
    Weighed this morning, have put on 2lbs. Still down overall for the month, but a bit annoying since I’ve been doing keto perfectly… they assure me on the keto forum that’s it’s most likely just hormone related. I was debating doing a fast day to try to sort it out, but I’m going food shopping later so there’s no way I could stick to it in the evening. It’s annoying when there is a fairly small amount to lose and everything is so slow. I’m spending all weekend walking/hiking, so maybe that’ll do something.
    Good on you HH for the squats – are you doing them every day through July?
    Glad things have lightened up a bit for you Jean!
    Good luck on today’s fast Caz, hopefully it’s an easy one.

Good morning FB Brits. Xx

Very hot here in Oxfordshire this morning… Local temp is expected to be 29deg…

Been out at 7.30am walking its very pretty at that time. Struggling to keep everything watered … a shame as my lawns are beginning to look like straw.

My bestie is very upset … I feel so much for her .. her daughter lost her baby yesterday .. they are all devastated. She wants a baby so much this is the second time.

Annoying when some have them and then don’t look after them.

Not feeling very hungry in this heat … drinking so much lemon water.

Hope everyone is doing ok .. I know the hot weather doesn’t suit all. Take care everyone… lots of suncream.

Brit lovelies…

He who blames others has a long way to go on his journey. He who blames himself is halfway there. He who blames no one has arrived.

Picked Denise up from hospital,she has been discharged,so more hospital runs.Waiting for Virgin engineer now.

Oh god, it looks hazy and cool outside, I walked to the post office and the library… clammy, everything is sticking, so gross…

Pseudo- everyone says on the keto forum that if you’ve only got a little to lose it can be very slow… Yes, I hope to do the squats every day!
    Dave- glad that Denise hasn’t got to go for any more physio! Hope the engineer comes. Does Heidi like the paddling pool?
    Hemmy- wise advice blaming others… I wish I didn’t feel so hungry in the heat, it never affects me, but then I don’t get that hot I guess! Very sad about your friend’s daughter…
    Jean- hope that the atmosphere carries on peacefully!
    Caz- stay strong with your FD! I’m fasting too today. Hope that you get the gardening done.
    Minols- hope that the holiday club is going well!
    We’d only just got home, put shopping away, & put the kettle on when they phoned to say hubby’s car was done, so back for that, all morning disappeared! Did my rebound & squats, & forced myself to do some housework…pottered out in the garden, I think everyone’s grass is grim, Hemmy! No rain forecast either!

Engineer fixed the phone,not that i ever use it.Heidi not keen on getting wet and I am starving now.Just watched a 1956 Sci fi film about earth being invaded by aliens 👽👽👽 Denise said the space ship was Worse than Button Moon 😃

Stay strong Dave! You can eat tomorrow….
    Caz- hope you’re doing okay too? Quite hungry myself, but not long til bedtime!

Afternoon All…
    We have been shopping and I have bought two strapless bras, uk stopped selling this make and they are really good, one each of black and white I really wanted nude but good as you don’t see them under clothes..

Hedgehog..
    I like the idea of squats I used to do them, a reminder to do them again ..will need too !!!..my head going to my new bedroom now.. ordering it when home 😀atmosphere here ummmm..

Caz..
    We are 86 here today a bit better as cloudy and humid..looks like we are all the same..my grass might not of grown if no rain that helps…

Dave ..
    Hoping you sort your virgin out..

Pseu..
    Hope the keto balances out, always hard when not much to loose..not good when clammy, I was walking at 6.30 and sweat was running down my neck.. gross..

Hemmy..
    How sad at loosing the baby..I feel for them.. not a lot you can say.. my daughter had a miscarriage but now has two boys..🤞🏻Crossed for her..

Steve struggling with his hip/back doctors booked the Friday on our return..

Jean x

Evening everyone,

Quick one from me, posted earlier but it didn’t save again.

Fasting today and going well, about 20 calories.

Will try and do a ‘proper’ post tomorrow.

Night everyone

Lynne x

Hello Everyone,

It’s been ages since I wrote one of these posts.

I absolutely refuse to acknowledge that this is a diet. It’s a lifestyle and a way of life for me now. I started this in October 2017 at a weight of 102.5kgs. I am now down to about 87.5kgs. Sorry I’m a bit vague but I’ve just come back from holiday where I ate like a pig and drank like a fish!
    Towards the end my body was telling me to stop! I just felt full all the time and couldn’t face a big meal.
    I’ve done two fast days since our return and just feel great.

I had done previous diets like Atkins, Cabbage soup and those but the longest I lasted was six weeks. Obviously the weight piled straight back on.

My name for 5:2 is I.F.W.O.L. = Intermittent Fasting Way Of Life.

It makes perfect sense to me. I love the science and research that provides the evidence on how it works and the biological mechanisms that kick into play.

I am asthmatic and used to get through one Ventolin inhaler a month. Since starting I.F.W.O.L. I now get through one every three months.

Atkins gave me gout. I.F.W.O.L. has cured it.

I am very active in that I regularly do ten thousand steps a day, play golf and do lots of dog walks in the woods but I feel fitter and happier since I started I.F.W.O.L.

So everyone, stick with it. As Dr. Moseley’s first documentary was called “Eat:Fast:Live Longer” I believe that says it all.

Morning all! I’ve woken extra early this morning after my liquid FD, as usual… woke thinking about food! Not good…
    Westwings- Hi to you! You’ve done well with fasting, I agree it’s a way for life, done lots of diets myself & it all goes back on eventually. Hopefully I’ve found something I can maintain with, I do love it (usually!). Hope your holiday weight soon comes off!
    Jean- your post to Dave sounds highly dodgy- ‘hoping you sort your virgin out’!!! Good that Steve’s got an appt. lined up- I’m sure after all the decorating with your daughter you’ll be in the zone to get things done!! Your lawn will probably be straw, never mind not grown…
    Lynne- hopefully a good FD for you- what to you have for breakfast after a FD?
    Dave & Caz- hope you stayed strong yesterday?
    Nothing planned for today- eldest is going into work on his holiday as a new customer of his is picking up a car, he’s keen to keep up the contact… BBQ for all of us later. School are being difficult with youngest son, strange that the really bad kids they do nothing about & leave alone, yet the ones who are rarely any trouble they come down on like a ton of bricks for something small… I feel a snotty letter coming on…sorry for moaning!

Morning all, back to the sunshine today, hoorah!

Good going Westwings, it’s always great to see post from someone who’s succeeding with 5:2.

HH, is the issue with the school about that time he bunked off?

Jean, I laughed at that comment about Dave’s virgin too, lol!

Lynne, 20 calories, well done! Did it go up anymore? The late evening/just before bed is always my trouble spot.

Who’s fasting today?

Good morning FB Brits.. Xx

Another glorious one too..

Busy day and not fasting as planned ..

Off to catch up with my friend try to cheer her up a bit have some lunch at our favourite pub by the canal .

Then doing a good food shop .. Silverstone being on our border get a lot of traffic through local town… so off roads as from tonight.

Kay.. hope Ellie is ok.. XxXXXXXXXXXX

Have a good week-end everyone whatever you are doing…

Brit lovelies… It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not. Xx

Sainsbury’s is calling, roasting here again,my Virgin well and truly sorted😮😮😮, been out with Heidi before it gets too hot,must dash.

Good morning everyone,
    Well I did it!!!! I finally went swimming this morning. HUGE anxiety about going but made myself do it. I am well chuffed with myself 🙂 I am more unfit than I realised though. I struggled to do 2 lengths but again forced myself to keep going. Whilst I was there, an aqua exercise session was taking place. It looks like good fun as well as a good work out. Thinking about joining in a couple of weeks as I’m off to stay with Mum next week as she’s struggling with sciatica and can hardly get about.
    I managed to stick to 500 calories yesterday and now after the swim I am seriously starving! Where as once upon a time, I would have grabbed crisps or biscuits as soon as I got home, I’m being good and will have a cup of tea and a sandwich in about 15 mins. I’ve found that if I’m at the “I MUST EAT EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!” hunger stage, if I wait about 15 mins it wears down to a sensible “I must eat something healthy” hunger stage. Does any of that make sense??
    Not read through other posts yet, just wanted to come here to blow my trumpet loudly 😉 Now off to sort out lunch. I’ll pop back later to see what everybody is up to but in the meantime, hope you’re all well and enjoying your day.

Caz- well done, for the swimming & the not grabbing something straight away… if you wait, it does go off. Water with apple cider vinegar is supposed to help with that, I’ve had it, but not to stave off hunger pangs… I used to love aqua aerobics, but the times aren’t good for me at the moment.
    Hope that your mum gets better soon.
    Dave- enjoy your shopping & glad the virgin is sorted…
    Hemmy- hope lunch out with your friend & a shoulder to cry on/ ear to bend is helpful for her.
    Pseudo- one of school’s teachers has a downer on him & she picks on him for doing things everyone else gets away with. He got his phone out as they were packing up the lesson, like lots of others & she got cross with him, & then reported it to the head of year. It’s pretty much the final straw for him as he’s not wanted to go back next year anyway- they’re 6th formers but some teachers treat them like little kids! Enjoy the sun, are you off early from work again?

Well done Caz! I haven’t been seen in bathers in public for years, the idea makes me cringe, which is silly because no one cares anyway and there’s always someone who looks worse!
    I don’t like aqua aerobics because I’m really short so it always makes me feel like I’m going to drown, but I know a lot of people really enjoy it.

HH, she does sound like she has it in for him! I wish I’d gone to college instead of staying in school for 6th form I think I would have been much happier, is that what he’s thinking of doing?
    Yup, I got into the office at 7 so I can be released into the wild at 3. Can’t wait, counting down the seconds!

Caz I have just downloaded the swimming pool timetable,I must start going again,I try to swim 40 lengths and it does make you hungry, Denise bought a can of pims,she sat outside in the sun so she said she will have it when she next did outside, so I bought a bottle of beer😃non alcoholic beer,so I may join her,don’t like sun bathing though so won’t be in the sun for long, never sit round the pool or by the sea on holiday,just walk around but always come back very brown, my idea if it gets too hot go for a pint 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Another lovely day here, although a bit cloudy at the mo.

Ellie has been for her 3rd checkup and the vet is a lot happier today than he was on Wednesday,the wound is healing well. Stitches to stay in longer than planned, but otherwise all good and she seems absolutely fine and happy.

Managed to get some Kefir today, so back on it again. Plus Ive had a piece of sourdough bread with almond butter on 😊
    I fasted earlier in the week but didnt manage a 2nd one yesterday. Just going to try and eat sensibly today and over the weekend, with Saturday and Sunday, fasting til afternoon, which will at least shorten the eating window.

Dave, glad you got the virgin sorted!! Hope Sainsburys was uneventful.

Caz, well done with swimming and resisting the ravenous eating afterwards.

HH, are you able to talk to someone at the school about the teacher, it seems out of order.

Hemmy, hope you manage to cheer your friend up. Lunch by the canal sounds lovely. Oooooo you live close to Silverstone! I’ll be watching the F1 tomorrow, probably whilst most people are watching footie!

Jean, hoping the atmosphere stays calm. Hows the puppy? Shame that Steve is struggling with his back again. I think your grass will be more like straw when you get home. We are just about keeping on top of our garden by watering it at least once a day but the lawn is still looking a bit sickly!

Lynne, well done with yesterdays fast. The job sounds like a reasonable option, gives you some more time if nothing else.

Time to go and sit outside here, some deadheading to do too.

Happy Friday all x

Great news about Ellie, coming home from Sainsbury’s I had the car radio on and I started thinking about what concerts I have gone to in the past, really varied music,I have twice been to watch War of the world’s,The Mavericks,The Searcher’s, Emerson Lake and Palmer,The Drifters,Bill Hayley and the Comets,Deep Purple,Cliff and the Shadows,to make a few.

Afternoon All..
    We have had a lovely beach morning on our own which was quite er quiet 😂..a lovely cloudy day still about 88 degrees..coming to the end of holiday soon on the move Tuesday heading to Orlando to have our last day before flying Wednesday..

Dave..
    My wording not quite right but nice to make a few chuckle…

Hedgehog..
    So sorry about your son we had the same with two grandsons and bullying, teachers not helping much.. even getting one grandson mixed up with another boy with same names and mixing exams up.. shocking… hope you can get it sorted ..

Enjoy your bbq..

Pseu…
    Hope your FD is going well….

Hemmy..
    Hope you had a lovely lunch and you could cheer your friend up a bit.. it’s so hard…

Caz..
    Well done on the swimming a great achievement.. hope you can get to a class 😁

Kay..
    Good news on Ellie glad things look good for her…

Things not good with the atmosphere, hoping it’s not marriage problems,keeping a low profile…

Pup must of grown 3” at least.. very lovely I may put him in my suitcase and bring him home …

Have a lovely weekend all..

Jean x

Dave, went to see War if the World twice with my late husband,the last time we were able to go out together. A great spectacle and amazing music.

Think I may try a FD tomorrow, eaten a lot of rubbish today. Anyone joining me?

Lynne x

Morning all!
    Kay- good news about Ellie! How’s your back holding up with the cleaning job?
    Lynne- hope that your FD goes okay, sorry but not joining you!
    Jean- hope things improve there for your daughter…very awkward. Grandson’s school sounds bad!
    Dave- happy memories of concerts! Mine are Rick Springfield, Shakin Stevens, Adam & the Ants… (& Kylie Minogue for hubby!) Hope you get back into swimming!
    Pseudo- are you getting to bed any earlier if you’re getting up early for work?
    Everyone else- have a good weekend!
    local car boot sale calling, then a farmers market (more cheese!!), then a garden centre for pots, then maybe the football, depends how noisy hubby is, & I’m not very good with all the suspense these days!

Good morning all, another beautiful day, going to nip out and have a little sprinkle before it gets too hot 🌞Sun splitting the paving stones once again.
    Kay- Glad to hear Ellie’s doing well X
    Jean- Do your family live in America permanently? We have serious concerns regarding our daughter and SIL, it’s breaking our hearts, as far as I can see DD is a bitch from hell ☹️ Nothing can be said or done, we just offer as much practical support as possible.
    Caz- well done with the swimming- I do Aquafit once a week, once you’ve been a couple of times and get to know the regulars (they are a great bunch in my case) it has become more fun.
    Dave- Will be joining you and Denise with a little tipple in the sunshine at some point over the weekend🍸
    Update on the slimming- lost 1lb this week- that’s 3lb in total.
    Will be fasting Mon & Wed
    Keeping Cals low on non fast days is soooo hard.
    Good luck to all. Happy fasting

Good morning one and all!
    Thank you for all the comments on my swimming trip. To some it may not sound like a huge achievement, but for me it’s a huge milestone as I struggle with anxiety particularly in places that I’m not familiar with. Your support helps so much!
    Dave.. Hope you get back into swimming as well. Your comment about concerts bought back great memories. To name but a few that I’ve been to.. Nickleback, Joe Bonanamassa (superb!), Rush (my all time favourite!), David Essex (I was so in love with him!,) Sparks and coming up this year Mark Hughes and Uriah Heep. Guess what my taste in music is 😉

hedgehogs.. I feel for your son. My son went through the same in his last year at school. It got to the point where he was bunking off more than attending and his teacher tried to stop him doing GCSEs. I stepped in big time and he was allowed to sit them and passed with flying colours. They get to an age where school is not enough for them. They need to be treated as the young adults that they are. Surely that’s the whole point of school..to prepare them for the adult world. Thankfully, my son grew up to be a responsible adult and has an excellent career now.

Kay65.. Glad to hear that Ellie is doing well. Did you get all your deadheading done? I had a session last night as well.

Jean.. Oh the joys of family atmosphere 😉 Just keep smiling and enjoy your time there. I’ll be flying on Wednesday as well. Only from Glasgow to Luton but I’ll keep an eye out for you 😉

Now off to prepare myself for the football. Just in case somebody missed it, England are playing today! 😉

Caz I have Very heavy Very Humble on vinyl,Think I have all the Moody Blues on vinyl,Most Black Sabbath on cd Paranoid on vinyl,all this but my favourite group is The Kinks. Denise likes Motown and soul,I never liked it but can listen to it now,we are totally different in most things, football teams, religion,she is under 5 foot I am over 6 foot but been married 43 years this month.

Hi all

Holiday Club over – we had a brilliant time with the kids. Just work tomorrow morning and then we head off, so today is cleaning, sortng, packing and everything. Might have a nap this afternoon in front of the football!!

Everyone so ds like they’re enjoying the weather. Ivm hoping for dry but cooler as we head further north… As we’re heading west though we may have to put up with a little rain, I guess. Find Stornoway on your weather maps and you’ll see what we’ll be getting!

No FDs while ivm away, but I will try to be sensible!

Mx

Don’t be sensible,go mad,I will be doing. Still warm here,not as sunny,bit of cloud but humid.I have lost 2lbs this week so happy with that.

Afternoon All..
    Everybody here getting ready to watch the football… I think they will struggle from now…then out pm..

We have a happy atmosphere now thank goodness they are both very volatile.. I just don’t like it …

Lynne…
    Hope your FD goes well.. I suppose you will he on your own..

Soon be your holidays 😁

Hedgehog..
    Your morning sounds good a boot sale and farmers market, hope you find some different cheeses..

Grandson has left that school and at college now he was glad to leave… so sad memories for him..hope it improves for your son.

Goosey..
    My daughter was in Dubai for 20 years where she married her American hubby, now lives in Louisiana the last 4 years but we are with her at her holiday house in Florida it needed improvements before holiday letting hopefully. She returns home in a couple of weeks. She really misses Dubai, she hates America…it’s a very strange country…

It’s sad on your daughter and a big worry for you, give her the help and support you can .. my two daughters 45 and 47 it’s a funny age when you start to look at your life and see where you are… it’s a time when things can go wrong.. mainly the men wanting mother figures and the women get fed up with it….my daughters won’t discuss it with me but I know them inside out and I watch and see..it’s life unfortunately..

Well done on your pound off..😁

Caz..
    We lost quite a lot of weight swimming it would be good if you could get into it….it takes a lot to go on your own if nervous..

I will wave as I fly pass you on Wednesday ..

Dave..
    You are one of the lucky ones 43 years…you are so different… me and Steve are so the same.. funny old world..

Well done on your 2 lbs off this week..

Minols..
    Enjoy your holiday and hope it’s cooler for you if that’s what you want…

Kay..
    Hope Ellie is still improving..

Have a good weekend all…

Jean x

This Health & Fitness webpage really helped me with my weight problem:

http://ascensionfitness.weebly.com

Well I tried to avoid the results of the F1 qualifying and then was on FB (serves me right) and read a friend’s post which spilled the beans….
    Then I was trying to catch up with the footie score on the BBC website and they mentioned it, so I definitely know the results now! Oh well at least it’s only the qualifying.

I don’t usually follow the football but feel I should show willing and see what’s happening. Have to say I’m surprised they are doing so well. I feel its down to the good luck of the teams drawn rather than how we play, but I could be wrong!

Ellie still doing well. Back on Monday for another check up but I don’t think they will take stitches out, just check the wound.

Did a couple of hours cleaning in a new holiday let this morning with others. Lovely house but so much clutter! Why do they do that in a holiday let, it’s a nightmare to clean. And high shine tiles in the bathroom and workshops in the kitchen!

Managed to sit out and enjoy the sun for a bit, seeing that I did all the flower tidying yesterday.

Dave, well done on the loss! I avoided the scales..lol

Jean, when I first read your post I thought you said thank goodness they are so volatile!!! I must read properly..lol

Minols, glad camp went ok. Soon be holiday time.

Goosey, sad about your daughter and family. All you can do is be there for them.

Caz, I would like to go swimming again. Once I’d been the first time I think I would be ok. Maybe leave it til after school hols now.

Lynne, how’s the fast going?

HH, did you find any cheese. I love a farmer’s market!

Right time to water the grass and feed Ellie! X

Hello

Home from one of the best hols ever. Locations, Cottages, food, weather, football just couldn’t be better. All washing and ironing caught up and garden tidied. Our lovely neighbour watered the back and front every day whilst we were away. So kind.

And, I’ve come home 4lb lighter. Partly the heat, partly because we ate a lot of salads, partly because no eating between meals with my H and partly because I just haven’t had any appetite. I knew my clothes were fitting better so rather motivated now.

Enjoy your hols Minols, hope you get fine dry weather up north, so beautiful there.

Kay, glad little Ellie seems to be recovering well. Is she ok in the heat? My pooch is feeling it, it was a long drive back in the car for him even with the AC on.

Brads – hope you’re enjoying the football, we timed our hols just right as have seen every game.

Jean – I don’t like conflict in families, my anxiety goes through the roof, I don’t know how some people seem to thrive on it. Some relationships work that way maybe. Enjoy last few days and safe home.

Hh did the car boot go and farmers market go well? Dairy is supposed to be off my list but find that hard with everything else so still eating small amounts of cheese and milk in my coffee but only one cup per day.

Glad the prom went well Lynne, wish we could share pictures here. Hope the job uncertainty is working out for you. No glossing in the heat, it will go gloopy

Glad the swimming was a success Caz, I haven’t been for years.

Concerts – can’t say I’ve been to many music ones; wet wet wet, Tina turner, S club, take that, style council, del amitri, the London community gospel choir and the ukulele band of Great Britain – now you don’t see them in the same sentence too often.

Hello Goosey, Hemmy & Pseudo

CW

Kay..
    All is looking well for Ellie..hope it improves for Monday and stitches can come out..

I can’t understand having clutter it takes too much time to clean up..

Cakey Wakey..
    So lovely to come back after such a good holiday when everything went perfect..4lbs lighter how ever did you manage that.. really well done..

I love that area very much…

Jean x

Morning all! Everyone was very busy yesterday, so apologies if I miss everyone out!
    Goosey- good news on the pound down…
    Cakey- glad you had a good holiday, & amazing that you lost weight on holiday! Wow, very impressed!
    Jean- I hate conflict & atmospheres too, my family don’t row, but my hubby is a bit more hotheaded, shall we say! Such a worry for you though, especially as other daughter had problems a while back too… Not long for her to go now at her old school! Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
    Kay- glad that Ellie is okay xxx
    Minols- have a great trip, you must be shattered after last week. I’d love to go where you’re going… maybe next year!
    Dave- well done 2lbs down! Did you enjoy the footie!
    Caz- hope you enjoyed the footie as well!
    Lynne- hope your FD went okay yesterday?
    Pseudo, Hemmy- have a good weekend!
    Very successful car boot- found a book ‘Contented Dementia’ which was recommended to look at for FIL but never got round to it; it may well come in handy for my parents (!!), & have told the boys they can read it to help us! Other bargains too… smoked cheddar & smoked olives from the farm shop, 2 new pots for the new plants I’d already bought- that really must be it now, running out of room on the patio! (Don’t have much colour later summer in the garden beds, so I like to have flowers in pots to give some!)
    My scales were lovely too- settled at target weight again!

Morning everyone

CW, I go on holiday in 3 weeks and I don’t think there’s any chance of me coming back lighter than when I went.

HH, take a step away from the plants & pots. You’ll be opening a nursery at this rate.

Jean, enjoy the last few days with the family. Hope everything ends on an harmonious note.

Dave, well done on the 2lb off and great news that Denise has been discharged.

Hemmy, a weekend at home with the busy roads. Same here today, lots closed because of the Velathon.

Minols, your holiday sounds idyllic. Only been are far north as Aberdeen when staying with family in Arbroath, but would love to spend some time in the islands.

Goosey, well done on the 1lb, they all add up.

Kay, hope all goes well tomorrow at the vets.

Caz, I’m not a confident swimmer and I’m even less confident about going to a swimming pool. Don’t usually even go in on holiday.

Think I’ve missed a few, hope everyone’s doing well.

Good liquid FD yesterday and down to lowest weight in over 20 years (didn’t use to weigh but in smaller clothes). Bought a couple of skirts in Next yesterday, size 8, they’re sizes must be very accommodating!

Think Bec may be starting work later this week, she’s looking forward to having some cash and it’ll get her out. She’s in school a couple of days doing a European Computer Driving Licence. No idea what it is, or why she was chosen, only 10 of them doing it (definitely not the brightest 10), but IF she passes all sections it’s another GCSE and covers word, powerpoint and excel, so useful in any case.

Han’s new placement is going well. Spent 2 days at a Stroke Conference and 3 days on an acute stroke ward where she’ll be based for the rest of the month. She really likes neuro and is finding it very interesting, but a bit of a tough one as patients only stay on the ward for 7 days, so everything is very intense and sadly 2 people passed away last week. She’s a tough cookie though, and very pragmatic so is coping well.

Not sure if I’ll make my pre-holiday goal. 4lb to lose in 3 weeks, possible but not sure it’s probable. We’ll see.

Have a great day everyone

Lynne x

Meant to ask about goals.

Those of you who have a target weight, is it linked to a BMI and if so, would you mind sharing your BMI target?

Just trying to get a feel for a sensible end point.

Thanks

L x

Hi PashaW,

I certainly used various targets when I first started 5:2 (5.5 years ago) as a means of motivating myself. My starting point was a BMI of 27 and initially I just wanted to get it down below 25, which I achieved after just 2.5 months, so then I set a new target of getting back to the weight I’d been when I was 13. After that I thought that as the healthy BMI scores range from 18.5 to 25 I’d aim for the mid-point at 21.75. However, shortly after that I heard a science programme reporting on a large scale review of lots of data sets which indicated that in terms of overall health it seemed that those with a BMI around 22.5 seemed to suffer from fewer illnesses and, on average, seemed to be consistently more healthy. So since then I have stuck with 22.5 as my target. Today it is 22.6 which I am very happy about because it is the closest I’ve been to 22.5 since 1st March 2016, after which my weight has been up and down a bit but never quite as far down as I wanted – although my BMI never got higher than 23.9.

There may have been other BMI studies since then which I haven’t heard about. It isn’t something I’ve actively kept an eye on since selecting 22.5 as my ongoing target.

Best of luck.

My target weight is 18 stone,no idea on the BMI,I will be very disappointed if I come back of holidays lighter😃😎,no way I will ever get an healthy BMI,F1 starting soon,I think your waist should be half your height,that’s not going to happen either.

Pasha-
    For me, BMI of 21.5 is about 110lb and a waist of 30″ at 5ft that’s about the max waist measurement I should have. I used waist measurement as my target the last time I lost weight in 2016.
    Then a catalogue of rotten stuff happened, and I didn’t have time or inclination to keep on top of my weight.
    This time my current target is 116lb and that should be BMI OF 22.5 not sure what the waist measurement will turn out to be.
    All going quite well this weekend, staying low on the Cals, lots of walking with dog and grandson, including a 5am walk by the river this morning (he’s an early riser 😃) it was very beautiful and fresh.
    FD Tommorrow.
    Cakey- well done 4lb off -impressive!!Glad you enjoyed your hols
    Dave- 2lb off – marvellous,
    Hedgehog- target – what a happy place to be.
    Kay – Empty surfaces, can’t beat em!😂
    Sorry if I’ve missed a few posts.
    TTFN, G X

What a great race in the F1, won’t say anymore about it.Still scorching hear,put a wet towel over Heidi to keep her cool.Roast beef tonight,I am drooling already 😎

Lynne- that’s great getting into size 8! I haven’t tried anything on in Next for a while, but I’ve always thought their clothes are a bit on the small size! Just worked out my BMI is 21.1, I’m slap bang in the middle of the healthy weight, so that seems sensible. If it was down to me I’d go for another 7lbs lower, but it does seem to just be going from the top half (& hubby is complaining, says I’ll look ill if I lose an more from my face!), so I’ll just try to get fitter & tone up the bottom half! I’d say if you’re a size 8, you must be at a good weight already for your end point? Glad that Hannah is enjoying her placement, but it sounds tough… never heard of the European Computer thing Bec’s is doing, but sounds good! That & working will keep her out of mischief until your holiday!
    Dave- enjoy the F1 & roast beef- no roasts happening in this house until it cools down…
    Goosey- lovely, a walk by the river with grandson & dog, sounds wonderful, even at that time of the morning!
    Minols- watching the weather forecast for you- cooler but dry I think?
    Goosey, I might join you tomorrow on a FD, haven’t quite worked out all the meals yet for everyone this week, & need some shopping tomorrow… it could all change!

Viewing 50 posts - 18,051 through 18,100 (of 35,470 total)

You must be logged in to reply.