Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,981 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 6 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 18,001 through 18,050 (of 35,468 total)

• Good morning everyone.
    Been dealing with some personal issues over the last few days. Fasting got abandoned and comfort eating took over. I tend to skip meals and eat quick food that’s usually high calories when I’m under any stress. Haven’t weighed myself this week!

I’ll be fasting tomorrow and Thursday so will hopefully get back on track.

There are 306 calories in a 500 ml bottle of Kefir,or at least the one I am using.You can get Kefir smoothies,I had a honey and mint one which was nice.Think I also had too much soda bread so will go back to my 55 calories a slice bread.The haddock was lovely but will not get anymore for awhile hopefully 🤞 Another scorching day here so will take Heidi out later.She has A lump on her back but the vet said she is too old to have it operated on,the anaesthetic could kill her,it doesn’t seem to bother her but is a worry.

Dave, so how are you getting on with Kefir? And the DD in general, are you following it?
    Im struggling to get the Kefir, unless I do an online shop with Sainsbury etc our local Morrisons doesnt sell it.
    Im not going to open that link to calories in alcoholic drinks…..fingers in ears…la la la la la…..

Well we have rain!! At least the garden will be happy! I think its going to dry up later and we may see the sun again. Its still warm but more bearable, not that I was complaining, not one bit!!

My sister has been camping over on the Norfolk coast near Holt and although it has been dry, its not been as warm as the rest of the country apparantly. A bit too chilly to sit out in the evening and cool enough to need the tent heater on!
    Its hard to believe that just last night I was still sat outside at 10pm with a strappy top on and one of those calorie free alcoholic drinks!

F1 later but I wont be watching it til late tonight when Neil is back from work so will have to avoid all talk of it again.

Not sure what I will do with myself this afternoon, might have a lazy one….

Caz, I know exactly where you are coming from…..same here….lets get back on track together tomorrow….

CW, sounds like you had a good resolve against all the cakes! Hope you are having a great holiday!

HH, what expensive cheeses are you buying? Not that I should be asking……Enjoy the bbq later…ideal keto meal I guess or at least it can be!

Goosey, sounds like you a nice impromptu break…no ipad…eek

Jean, hope all is calm today and you dont need to do a disappearing trick! Have you got any plans for days out? Or have you seen everything in the area already?
    Hope the bitey things arent out in extra force if youve had thunderstorms and rain!

Hemmy, its weird but I find the sound of a wood pigeon ever so slightly annoying..lol. A new tea room in your village, sounds exciting. You will have to go and support them of course! You are on on ‘holiday!!’

Pseu, how did the fence building go? And did you see much from the airshow? I love the sounds of planes like the Vulcan!

Minols, when do you go away? Are you still using the bike to make the most of the weather. I got mine out recently for the first time in ages and I felt so unfit! Need to start going out regularly.

Lynne, are you feeling better yet? Im the same as you, I have a year round allergy….very annoying at times. Did Bec have a good time at her prom?

Well ellie is recovering well. Check up in the morning but dont envisage any problems. Shes back to her waggy self just a bit unsure of how best to lie down and get up!

Off to do some paperwork and plan some meals for next week I think. Time to get back on the wagon.

For all those fasting tomorrow, all hands on the baton please!

Sorry if Ive missed anyone out, just going on the posts I can see!

Have a peaceful Sunday all x

I can get Kefir easily,Tesco,Sainsburys,i have not really started the Dirty Diet,there is not much difference between it and the 5-2 diet,I do think having soda bread and Kefir while very nice is putting weight on me,so will give them a miss for a while,I need to find recipes that I like which are low calorie,maybe then i could have some Kefir smoothies.Must do a bit of browsing to find recipes.I have watched the F1 qualifying but will record the race so i can watch the football.

But I can’t find it in store….just online so maybe just available at bigger stores…

Morning All…
    Having a lazy morning .. Steve watching F1 live so he’s settled 🤐

The family have gone out to a Flea Market.. SIL can’t settle always wanting to do something.. all out in a fishing boat tomorrow morning unless plans change.. then Tuesday going down to see Palm Beach area about one hour away, the third most wealthy place a America.. just for a nosey…we are half way through holiday it’s passing quickly..

Pup is having longer walks in a morning to burn some energy, he’s waiting for me at 6.30..Katie keeps saying I would like a dog but it doesn’t fit in our life style at the moment..

Caz..
    Hope your personnel issues calm down and you can get back on track again..

Kay..
    Hope you can get back on track now you have sorted Ellie out.. hope all goes well with her..

After the rain the bitey things out in full force.. 😬..loads of deet on..rains a hour every day..bites all calming down now..

Dave..
    A worry too with Heidi.. hope it’s ok..

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy the bbq and hope it’s not too hot to walk with your sister…. chocolates 😱

Goosey..
    Nice to get away in the caravan hope you had a lovely lazy time.. back on track now…

Hemmy..
    Have a lovely weekend with Mum send her my regards..

Have a lovely Sunday..

Jean x

If you Google your store it will tell you one way or the other, that’s what I did with Kirsty meals at Morrison.

Dave- cruel! I read the link as – “weight loss calories in alcohol”, – a wish come true! couldn’t open the link quick enough.☹️, I’m an idiot !

I wish!!

Hello from my sunny holiday

Have been sensible so far but today managed to burn my legs a little. In lovely Norfolk now after a wonderful week in Suffolk – you live in a lovely part of the country Hh.

Joining the Kefir debate. I have a glass each morning, as you would fruit juice and convinced it does me good. Haven’t checked the calories but the bottle lasts me 3 days. I’ve tried a few and like them all but the cherry one from Sainsbury’s is my favourite.

Still managing to keep it fairly low on hols, I think the heat helps but fitting into my size 12 shorts ok.

Glad Ellie is out the other side of her operation and hope that Heidi keeps well. Ours has been so warm this holiday with his retriever long coat. Lots of swimming in streams and the sea to cool off.

Hope the bitey things leave you alone Jean, you must taste good. We ordered some mozzie bands and so far husband has escaped. I don’t bother as never get bitten. Enjoy the rest of your holiday with the pup, your daughter and grandchildren.

Love Bamburgh Goosey, Northumberland have best beaches in the country if you get the weather.

Hope you’re ok Caz and things settle down soon.

Yay – summer holidays for Minols – enjoy the time with your boy and your trip to the Highlands and Islands (I think)

Salad for tea tonight, skin flaring badly. Thinking about getting intolerances testing as just can’t isolate what is irritating it. Was fairly good all week and looked to be clearing but this weekend back to square one.

CW

Hi all!
    Caz- sorry that you’ve had a difficult time, comfort eating is a habit I’m sure most of us slip into… Hopefully you’ll be able to get back on track this week & a hug to you…
    Kay- glad Ellie is doing well! My favourite cheese at the moment is Black Bomber, luckily the Deli near us sell it, I like Brie as well, Cheddar with caramelised onion, & have just tried an Iberico. BBQ’s good for meat eaters on keto, but all the veggie burger type things are quite high carb, so I’ll have peppers & courgettes etc. with halloumi, with lots of salads, & I do occasionally have fish. I’m going to try making some bean koftas now we’ve got a bbq with a hot plate, easier to cook on if they break up.
    Dave- don’t have to worry about the calories in drink, can’t have it now… Sounds like not having kefir might help you get back on track.
    Jean- hope all’s going well still, I guess having your own dog would be difficult when you’re off to the States for 3 weeks at a time, shame though as you love walking!
    Cakey- intolerance testing sounds like a good idea… Glad you’re having good weather, although as Kay says (& reports from Mum who’s at Sheringham) it’s been cooler on the coast up there. Can’t imagine having 2 weeks of holiday eating, I’d be straight back to where I started, you & Jean are being very good!
    Goosey- a nice glass of wine to get over the disappointment?
    Lynne- shame we can’t post photos on here, bet your Bec’s one’s will be lovely!
    Minols- hope the holiday club goes well.
    Probably not fasting tomorrow- want to try a new recipe for me & eldest while he’s actually here for a meal at a sensible time! I feel like I need it though… hopefully Tuesday!

Cakes Wakey..
    We just love Nolfolk including Suffolk.. we try and go every year just love Cromer crabs..we take the caravan to Thetford Forest, one of our favourite sites..

You have had a good roam around good when the weather is super..

Hedgehog..
    We are far from good, hoping not as bad as usual… all shorts still fitting which is a bonus…. it’s lovely having breaks some are better food wise than others, more controlled in the caravan ..

Your food does seem very strange to me, as typical meat eater.. as long as you like it..good job we are not all the same lol…

Food is very strange here…not temping at all..

So very hot this afternoon, in the house for a few hours..finished my book now moving onto Kindle..

Jean x

I like Norwich very much,always used to go to the Coleman’s shop.Ipswitch I just go to the speedway.

Good morning FB Brits. Xx

What some glorious weather we are having… a bit too hot for working but lovely in a shady spot.

Kay… glad to hear Ellie is now recovering.. must be such a relief to you. Sending lots of love and healing thoughts to you both. Xxxxx

Brads… These lumps seem to be every common as the dogs get older… long as they are not bothering about them and they are well best left. Still a worry I know. Xx

Getting my car cleaned up ready for Mot tomorrow.. finished all in side ..outside washing later this evening.

Fasting Wed .. Fri this week.. not feeling very hungry this weather with drinking so much liquid. lol

Good luck fasters… its only one day..

Brit lovelies…

Define success by your terms, not by other people’s standards. Xx

Good morning!
    Hemmy- I wish I didn’t feel as hungry in the heat, doesn’t make any difference to me, lol! (But then it takes a lot for me to get hot, I’ve still been having a hot water bottle at night!)
    Dave- hopefully just a fatty lump with Heid, Josie had lots, labs are very prone to them.
    Jean- I agree about the food in the US! It’s always been hard as a veggie finding food in there. Dinner tonight for me & son will be sesame crusted tofu with satay stir fry veg! Bet that makes your mouth water- not!
    Hope everyone else is well, & stay strong if you’re fasting!

Hi Everyone
    Quick one this morning – will try to read back later.
    Busy weekend getting ready for Holiday Club…and now it’s here, so no fasting from now until I get back from my holidays at the end of July, probably.
    So, the plan is…to stay away from the cheap sugars (sweets, chocs, biscuits) that abound in the team room. To stick as much as possible with proteins and slow release grains, and the lovely soup we have for lunch.

Hope it helps!

Mx

Good morning everyone,
    Back on track this morning and will be fasting today. Trying to stick to liquid only as like others have said, if I eat a small amount late in the day I don’t want to stop!

Seen lots of mention of Suffolk and Norfolk here. Both places close to my heart. I originally come from Cambridgeshire and spent many happy times at the coast in Suffolk and Norfolk when I was a child. I come from a large family and I have happy memories of all us children piling into the back of Dad’s van (no seatbelts!) and travelling to the coast.

Stay strong all fasters and the non fasters please don’t mention any yummy food you’re eating 😉

Morning all.

Saturday was unpleasantly hot for the garden, I had to sit in the shade in the odd break between building bits of fence, and I’m never a shade-seeker. Then yesterday, my only true day to relax, it was raining all day. I don’t mind though, the weather needed a break and though it’s back to sunny now it feels fresher. Bit disappointed there were none of the epic thunderstorms that were forecast, I love a good thunderstorm.

HH, that caramelised onion cheese sounds nice – how are the carbs in it? Where did you get it from? I’m spending a fortune on cheese too, I’m going to start going to Lidl or Aldi and stock up on a load of cheese every few weeks, hopefully that’ll stop me going into Tesco or Asda and getting their posh stuff. My dinner tonight is a Quorn korma – I bet Jean is salivating at the sound of that too! 😀

A hot water bottle in the night?! I have a big fan on full blast and still feel gross and sweaty when I wake up (sorry if that’s TMI!)

I definitely eat less in the heat. Can’t get up the energy to cook for one, and I don’t like eating in the day anyway since it makes me feel bloated and sluggish – combine that with overheated and just eurgh.

Anyone know any good, cheap online shops for walking boots? I had my eye on a pair in the Go Outdoors sale but they don’t have them in the Swansea store and won’t order them in. Checked Mountain Warehouse but nothing I like there. Time to cycle out my trusty North Face snow boots, I’ve been clinging to them as long as possible but they are much too hot now, time to pack them up until autumn, and get a pair that let my feet breathe.

Fast day today,not got anything to eat so shopping in Morrisons later,main shopping tomorrow in Sainsbury’s,may call in at Tesco also for Heidi’s hot dogs.I keep saying I will try Lidl but never get round to doing it.Another scorching day,must drink lots of water this week,no kefir or soda bread.

Black Bomber….never heard of it..will have to investigate. I’ve had cheddar with caramalised onion and a few others like that..very nice. I like a good strong mature cheese and a creamy blue cheese. And ripe brie or camembert. In fact any cheese!!

I do veg kebabs and corn on the cobs with garlic butter and Linda McCartney sausages or quorn mozzarella quarter pounders. Sorry Jean, more odd food!

So far so good. Just coffees with milk and a small fruit ice lolly.

Ellie has been for her post op check and although the wound is weeping a bit, they are happy with her progress. Back on Wednesday to see if she needs to stay on antibiotics or not. Can’t go out anywhere at the mo as Ellie needs to go careful, so stuck in the garden and house.
    She found a toad last night, we thought she was an awful long time outside!! Lol Don’t think she’ll do that again, I dont think it tasted very nice. It was fine and hopped off to find some slugs!

Keep going fellow fasters! I’m having a salad tea rather than just fluids. I’d like to say I don’t eat as much in this weather but it doesn’t make any difference!! I don’t like big meals but snack more, which ends up worse.

Stomach is rumbling! So that’s good…restoration is taking place!

Kay x

They have just issued a heat warning for Cornwall, cat 3, until tomorrow night. Thing is it was hotter last week!

Found kefir in Morrisons,only two bottles left,had one cup of tea and two glasses of water so far, not feeling hungry yet.Just took Heidi out,she met two dogs on her walk,she gets on with all dogs very well.

Hi all
    We’ve had a great day here… Love having meals cooked for me. So I had healthy cauli and broccoli soup with a small piece of bread for lunch, and a small portion of pasta bake for tea. All good… Except for the baking! I’ve pretty much kept to Crispie cake and ivm hoping that all the running around will make up for it!

Quite a lot of talk of cheese… My go to food. Just love it, which is fine if I really am keeping the carbs and sugars low. Disaster otherwise!

Mx

Cheese dosent make me feel hungry,can’t stand it 😁 no food yet but plenty of water.Think I will have a Kirsty meal which is under 300 calories, so can have a yoghurt and fruit also.

Caz- hope you’ve had a good day, & apologies for a bit of food talk! Nice that you like my part of the world too! Oh, the no seatbelts when we were kids- I remember we used to lay on top of the cases & sleep in the boot of Dad’s estate car when we came home late at night…
    Pseudo- the cheese was a little higher on the carbs than I usually have- 6.5g/ 100g, but I only have 25g at a time. I usually get walking boots either at Go Outdoors, or Millets, they usually have some in a permanent sale! Did you make your own korma sauce? Shop ones are so full of sugar, I need a nice recipe! Shame about the weather at the weekend… Love a good storm too.
    Kay- hope that your FD has gone well too! A toad for Ellie, yum! Josie would sniff them & then run away!
    Dave- your Heidi sounds a dream dog! Keep strong tonight on your FD. Thought you were giving up your Kefir? Is it your neighbour’s funeral this week, 4th was it? Hope that it goes as well as they can do…
    Minols- glad the day went well! How many children at the club?
    Jean- hope today went well, hope SIL is not too grumpy!
    Hemmy, Lynne, Goosey- hope you’re all okay…
    Beautiful day here again, went to Southwold, I was amazing (even if I do say so myself!), & sat beside hubby with my water while he had chips!! Bought a lovely summer dress in a vintage clothes shop, I have been wearing summer dresses more this year, as I can get in to them & look okay- Jean you would be pleased with me!!
    Dug up potatoes, have had quite a few courgettes, lettuce growing really well- except I tripped over one pot & tipped it all out! Son really enjoyed the dinner tonight, said it was the best veggie meal yet!

I have give up kefir and yes funeral is on the 4th July.Been a good boy only had 400 calories up to now.

Dave, where abouts in Morrisons did you find the Kefir? I looked all along the milk, cream and yogurt section…

With the yoghurt,if you have a Tesco it’s with the milk and yoghurt.Sainsburys it’s with the yoghurt.

HH, yup, made my own korma. I got a korma dried spice mix from Schwartz, which does most of the job, but I like my food with a lot of flavour so add in chilli paste, some dried ginger, garlic and cinnamon. The base is half a tin of coconut milk, and I usually add in some double cream to extend it. The one I made last night came out really well. 14 carbs for the whole pan, which I split into two meals and ate with cauliflower rice.

Evening All..
    We have had a lovely drive out to see how the other half live.. Jupiter Island and Palm Island .. just unbelievable.. thought the houses were worth a couple of million pounds.. looked at the price of one 56 million pounds.. the lottery wouldn’t even buy me one 😂

In the pool with the children and pup now joining us a couple of times, bless him he wanted to come in, going mad running about and fell in on top of Steve.. still a bit unsure but ok..he needs to know what to do…

Hemmy..
    Hope you car passed its MOT today..after it’s big clean out..

Hedgehog..
    How can you be so cold.. a hot water bottle !!! I wouldn’t thank you for one in the depths of winter, I just love a cold bed… hope your stir fry worked out well..

Minols..
    Glad the hot weather is getting as far as you…

Dave..
    Hope you found your Kirsty meal …,

Hedgehog..
    Alls well here with SIL, ok if you like your meals at 9 pm!!! far far too late for us but we are grinning and managing..on our last week now ☹️

Lovely you have got into summer dresses I am really enjoying wearing them too.. it’s too many years since I did..

Pseu, Dave, Kay all this talk on food….

Kay..
    Pleased to hear Ellie is doing well good luck for Wednesdays checkup…

Glad the hot weather is holding for everyone.. saying water shortage will be happening..

Hoping fast day has gone well for everyone.. thinking about you all…

Jean x

Good morning FB Brits.. Xx

A beautiful early walk at 6.30am.. a lovely breeze so very pleasant.

Spent yesterday washing and polishing outside of the car… did it over two days in and outside. Lol Cleanest it gets when going to the garage. So lucky as we have two mature brothers with a wonderful reputation they have built over the years from surrounding villages… they pick the car up bring it back .. fab honest old fashioned service. Lacking in many businesses these days. So blessed.

How is everyone doing…

Hedgehogs… hot water bottle what are you like. Lol It is miserable though if you feel the cold. Xx

Kay.. hope Ellie healing well and that she is sleeping and comfortable in this very hot weather . Xx

Caz… Hope things are looking up for you now. Easy to comfort eat when things are not right for us. Xx

Cakey… well done on still fitting the size 12 shorts while away enjoying yourself. Xx

Pseu… Bet it was hot doing the fence .. like you love the heat but this is very hot spell and we are not used to it… Have to be careful. Xx

Brads .. The Kirsty meals sound a good idea… with yogurt and fruit too … cant be bad. xx

Mino … keeping the carbs and sugar low is the way to go. .. Cheese does fill you up… like cutting up cubes with fruit for lunch. xx

Goosey … Lynne .. how is it going with you. Xx

Well an in the garden day plenty todo… filling tanks up as there will soon be a water ban I guess. Everything coming on brilliantly a blaze of colour… A lovely display of white hollyhocks and white roses … honeysuckle struggling now with the heat…

Fasting tomorrow… weight good though ..

Brit lovelies … We are all different don’t judge understand instead Xx

https://www.sustainweb.org/realbread/faq/#stoneground

I bought three Kirsty meals,one under 300 calories and the one with the most only around 400 calories, looking for a good bread now, will search Sainsbury’s later when I go shopping,just took Heidi out while it’s a little cooler,she didn’t see any of her friends.

Good morning everyone.
    Well, I survived yesterday with just liquid diet and don’t feel hungry yet. I will probably eat something light early afternoon. I might fast again tomorrow.

hemmy.. you put me to shame. I really need to clean inside the car but keep putting it off. That and oven cleaning are jobs that I avoid for as long as possible.

Jean.. I had to read that house price many times to really believe that I was reading it right. That amount of money is unimaginable! Sounds like you’re having a great time apart from the biting 😉

Kay.. I’ve been following your posts about Ellie but haven’t said anything as I wasn’t sure if Ellie was a dog or maybe a family member. I didn’t want to slip up and call a member of your family a dog by mistake. Glad that Ellie is doing well and I’m presuming her to be a dog. I so hope I’ve got that right! LOL..

Hedgehogs.. I cringe when I think about how we all just piled into vehicles years ago but have to say that the roads weren’t as crowded as now so probably a lot safer. Ah the joy of sleeping on top of a suitcase!

Wishing everyone a good day doing whatever floats your boats 😉

Caz- well done on your FD! I’m with you on the oven cleaning, mine is grim! We’d always have a takeaway pizza as a treat when I did it (because the oven still smells a bit, you can’t use it for a day or 2, obviously!!), so I’ve been putting it off!
    Jean- those houses sound amazing, but can’t believe anyone pays that money!! (pm is definitely too late to eat for me!
    Hemmy- we’ll be filling up the water butt too, I have been using the hose quite a bit with the garden… Good excuse not to wash the car though, at least yours is done!
    Up early, but have done a HIIT workout, & 100 squats- I’m doing the 100 squats a day for a month challenge. Lots of cooking too- tagine for me & eldest for tonight (but it’s almost all my carbs for the day for me!), & made him cinnamon buns for a holiday week treat, & quiche for hubby. Not sure where this morning has gone… trying to fast until this evening but feeling really hungry today!
    Hope everyone is well, & not sure if anyone’s fasting, but stay strong if you are!

Just had lovely seeded cobs from Sainsbury’s, delicious.I may try back to back fast days Wednesday and Thursday,need to loose some weight this week, don’t want 2 weeks of gaining weight. Another roasting day here in sunny Manchester,who says it always rains 😎😎😎 Heidi is out for the count, will see if she wants another walk, think she will.

I took Heidi out again,I let her choose which way we went,knowing I would end up at Debdale reservoirs,and that is exactly where we ended up,its a nice walk down what used to be a canal tree lined and lots of grass,the only downside for me is she stops every 5 yards to have a sniff or a dig.Somebody drowned there a couple of weeks ago.there are big signs saying no swimming but they still do it.

Hi All – note to self – must clean out car/oven/start glossing , it’s just sooooo HOT!! Not complaining though.😎 The garden is parched
    Hedge- Hot water bottle, wow,
    Jean–Goodness, 56 million, its beyond comprehension, I can’t eat
    late these days, drives pals who like to eat at 7or 8 mad especially on holiday.
    Kay- how’s Ellie doing?
    Caz – well done fluids only, will join you tomorrow
    FD yesterday didn’t manage all day fluid, but had a very low calorie day.
    Brads- it’s lovely to have a dog to walk, we don’t have our own, but we dog sit our daughters border terrier a couple of days a week,and get to take her to the van with us when we go, she does off after rabbits and hares when she gets the chance, but not keen on the heat, going to get her a cool pad. Someone mentioned them in an earlier post
    TTFN onward and downwards

Not heard ttfn for a long time, my mother used to say it to me every night, Heidi is flaked out on her bed, may take her again later,when I took her out yesterday there was a black lady who stopped when she seen Heidi, another lady was laughing at her and said black people are all afraid of dogs, she was black too😁.Made me laugh 😁😁😁

Evening all!
    Dave- enjoy the football! Mustn’t think about bread, lalala fingers in ears!
    Saw my H-S family, 2 more visits & then time to move on to another family…

Afternoon All…
    Just lazing about now… a good bit of house shopping this morning, trying to get the house sorted to rent out…. as all the boys went out on the fishing boat for five hours…a few fish caught..

Hemmy ..
    Lovely the brothers look after your car well, no you don’t get service like that these days you are lucky to have them…

Dave…
    Lovely bread ummmm… not here although we found a lovely baguette yesterday…Steve managing to watch England here.. no goals as yet …GOALLLLLLL 😁

Caz..
    I like to do my oven once a month..I keep on top of it..those houses were beautiful, those prices were amazing..I liked Jupiter island it’s so pretty although Palm Island is more expensive…

Hedgehog..
    Coming to the end of HS it must be sad to loose the family and when you get attached to them ..

Goosey..
    We are having a low day today fed up of eating but not a FD..looking forward to getting back on track…

Independence Day here tomorrow, fireworks and bbq with steak… Steve has brought his Union Jack flags with him 😬😬

Jean x

Morning!
    I was awake early, don’t know why, but it’s nice to have a peaceful house to myself for a bit… better make the most of it, if we get a puppy I’ll be up early for her!
    Jean- enjoy being there for Independence Day! Should be lovely. I don’t think I’ll be sad to lose this family- they’re nice, but it’s been a short time, so haven’t got that close & don’t feel that I’m really needed.
    Goosey- nice to be able to dog sit!
    Hope everyone has a good day, & stay strong fasters! We’re seeing one of hubby’s friends today- they worked together 30 years ago & have kept in touch, she’s just turned 80 but is amazingly young still! Not sure if we’ll have lunch out…

Morning all!

Today’s weather report 😉 cloudy with the odd sunny spell, cooler than it has been, down to 20 degrees. Is the rest of the country still baking?

Been feeling a bit sick the last couple of days, hope it goes away today.

Hope all are well, good luck to the fasters.

Good morning F B Brits.. Xx

Another lovely day with a gentle breeze local forecast is going to be around 25deg.

Fasting today… pleased with my weight though … having an all milk coffee for breakfast means I don’t eat solid food from 6pm the previous evening till 1pm the next day.

Weight hardly fluctuates daily by the oz… feel better and more energy flatter stomach than for years… think at long last after many diets yo yoing… I have found my perfect way of eating for life.

Even when there is a blip like a pkt of sweets it doesn’t seem to make a lot of difference. Yay for 5-2.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.

Kay… hope Ellie is healing well. Xx

Brit lovelies…

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. Xx

Morning everyone

I did write a post a few days ago, but only just realised that it didn’t submit. So, hopefully better luck this time.

I’ve not been fasting, but my weight has stayed the same. Still need to loose a few pounds for holiday in under a month. so I’ll have to get on it. Antibiotics finished now thankfully. I always suffer and the nausea this time meant I had to eat.

Bec’s prom was great and 6 of her friends stayed, sat in the garden talking until around 6.30. Thankfully a neighbour’s son was at the prom as well and he had quite a big party so I don’t think they disturbed anyone.

Kay, glad to hear Ellie’s op went well. Hope she’s managed to come off the antibiotics.

I’ve still got a cough, but not quite as bad. Nearly a month now and I’m fed up of it.

Just having a quick break from the housework (off on Wednesday’s) then may go and try and do some holiday shopping.

Work is a bit weird. A manager of an IT area emailed me details of a job that’s not affected by the redundancies and when I met with him yesterday he’s asked me to apply. Not sure if I’ll get it, but it would be good experience and although we both think the business will move in a couple of years and all the local jobs go, it would be a decent salary for the interim and a bigger payout. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

May try to keep today low and go for a fast tomorrow. Stomach is better, but still a little bit iffy.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Lynne x

So much for fasting today,but will do tomorrow as usual.Went to my neighbour’s funeral this morning,a nice service which six people attended the three of us plus two of his friends and one of their son’s.Weather still hot, getting used to it now, when I went shopping the other day I could see the smoke from the Moors, it’s such a shame what is going on up there.

That’s really sad, only six people. 🙁

One of his friends told me he wanted me to have his car,but he never made a will,so it will go to the government along with his house,he asked me to find someone to do a will for him so we found one that came round to the house to do it, sadly he died a couple of days later,he would be furious that the government will get all his belongings.

I took Heidi out she chose the route,so we ended up in the park and then the donkey sanctuary,only outside it,so it’s about a 3 mile walk, my hooves are aching and I bet Heidi will be limping later on,she did a bit of running.

Viewing 50 posts - 18,001 through 18,050 (of 35,468 total)

You must be logged in to reply.