Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,922 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Manuela1488 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,551 through 13,600 (of 35,409 total)

• Morning all

Fast day for me also… boy oh boy I need it…

Jean safe journey home, DF have a great day

Back later

Together we are stronger

Audrey x

Hi all. Sounds like good weekends have been had by everyone.

I helped the OH dismantle a metal shed and move it to another corner of the garden…the roof was b**?$y heavy! Unfortunately (!) my reward was a pre-theatre at our favourite Indian…we rolled home.

Kept yesterday really light (apart from weekend chocolate in the evening) and managed a good walk up a hill.

NO FD today…I’m going to try Tuesday and Thursday this week – hopefully helped by meetings one day and travelling the other.

Mum should be getting the tumour out today…everyone’s saying it’s probably benign (this time usually are), but we’ll know once the surgery is done. Not sure how her brain is going to cope with all the space once this thing goes…it’s the size of an orange!

Think I’ll put quite a lot of time in mooching in coffee shops pretending to read today…if I pick my books right, it can look like work!

Mx

Thinking of you Minols.
    I am with you tues and Thurs this week too.
    Off to bham in a bit for few galleries and lunch at amazingly vegetarian restaurant.
    Just announced to Craig I need to get my act together as just not losing weight. 2 weeks of hols left. If I try I can make a really good start.
    Drink more water. Less alcohol. Smaller portions. And on nfds keep within TDEE.
    I CAN DO THIS!!!

Minols, hope all goes well for your mum today *hug*

Audrey, Jean I need this FD too! Eaten way over this weekend, I’m really disappointed in myself to be honest, there was no need! Luckily work has been busy this morning to even think of eating, I am determined to make this a good one though 🙂

Rowena, you can do this!!!!! No problem, and we’re all here to help 🙂

Together we’re stronger!

xx

I’m with DF – you can do this, Rowena. I two week block to focus the mind!

My aim has been to cycle up hills without getting off…we only have wee ones but they are steep and frequent, and I even made it up our second-biggest hill the other day. I’m determined to be down half a stone and a good deal fitter by the time I go to Peru…just over 6 weeks to go.

Mx

Afternoon All..

Back safe and sound but a hour later as the M55 closed due to an accident…first wash on and just realised I will be knicker-less and bra-less tomorrow if I don’t get them in on the second wash…lol…my drawer is empty I didn’t know it was that low…

Eggs for tonight not much else in, save us going out shopping today….

Minols ….
    Hope everything goes well for your Mum..it’s a worry…..your trip has come around quick…hope you are all prepared….

Let’s all be strong today…just having a cuppa here…but all is well…

Rowena..
    Let’s get you back on track on your last two weeks holiday….

Audrey and DF..
    Looks like a few of us are slipping….let’s get focussed…🤞🤞🤞

Jean x

Glad your home safe and sound Jean 🙂 LOL get the washing on!

I’ve definitely slipped this weekend, but back on it this week 🙂

Hope your doing ok Audrey xx

Hi all
    Im joining in the fast too, so far so good!
    I had a good weekend, a lovely walk on Saturday, it worked out being over 8 miles! Ellie did well, bless her, but we did have lots and lots of stops.
    Too much food and alcohol over the weekend, as usual, no wonder Im not losing any weight 🙁

Jean, it looks like you had a great weekend. A friend posted some photos of a 40s event which Im pretty sure was the same one you were at 🙂

Minols, hope all goes well for your mum today and it turns out to be definitely benign too.

Audrey, hope your back is feeling better.

Rowena, Lets do this!! I have a 2 weeks focus too. We are heading up to Worcester on 1st September to do the timing for a 24 hour race and I will be seeing people Ive not seen since last year. I want to feel more comfortable than I do at the moment – some of my clothes have gone back to feeling snug.

DF, I know exactly what you mean. I too am disappointed with myself. I know I can this and for a few days I do well and then boom the weekend arrives and Im like, oooooo….time for goodies!! I have to shift the mind set somehow and start exercising moderation!!!

Be back later x

Hi Kay – Ellie did do well! Nearly lost old dog in a peat bog (I mad a rhyme just in time!) on our walk. Poor thing is normally so water-averse he’s fine. hardly ever over his knees. But this time sank so quickly and could not get out, and his back-end is so weak after the surgery early in the year that his back legs were no use to him. So hilarious sight of his humans pelting through the long grass and bog to get to him became less funny when he started whimpering…then you know it’s serious. Anyway, pulled out by his collar, but you’ve never seen anything so filthy! Three watering cans later he was allowed back in the house, but his coat is still all claggy, and he needs a thorough brushing…he is SO not going to like that!
    Mx

Minols, poor ‘old dog.’ Ellie would have been very disressed, shes the most water averse dog I know!

Someone mentioned that they were reading The Clever Guts…DF or Rowena perhaps? The posts have tripped over the page! Any good? Ive just read a bit about it online and there appears to be a feature in the Daily Mail this week. Interestingly when I was having all the scans and tests on my bowel problems, the consultant mentioned the ‘brain cells’ in the gut which could be responsible for not giving the right messages out.
    By the looks of it, it seems to be low carb, high fat, no processed food and a much variety as possible, so nothing really new there, interesting though.

Im going to log my current weight into here in a hope that it makes me annoyed enough to get it back down to where it was!

Hi all

My Wi-Fi has gone again… posting on mobile data so will keep it short.

Fast day going ok..

Back tomorrow love to all sorry it’s short n sweet post

Aud x

It’s me Kay. I’m only half way through the book but it is interesting so far.

Finished for the day come in at 540 cals so not too bad…it’s not been too bad I thought I am a bit hungry and realised it was 5.40! …a bit late for us….lol

Our friends loaded MFP ready to start the diet in September…I was laughing Steve has decided to load it on his phone this afternoon…see how he goes…

I have read the clever guts diet…it gives you room for thought…..I couldn’t do some of it, sauerkraut, the fermenting things but good if you can..

Keep strong everyone….we are about done…

Xx

Evening everyone

Been MIA for a while but still reading posts. Too many treats being consumed at the moment most of which were bought for Hannah, only for he to be spending more time at her boyfriend’s so Om ending up eating them. Great to have her home safe and sound.

Aiming for a FD later this week, but struggling with the self control.

Minors, just wanted to say been thinking of you and your mum and hoping for the best news possible. Small comfort, but at least less of a problem with post op swelling when there’s space left after a large tumour removal.

Going to try to catch up everyday now and hope some of your resolve rubs off on me.

Lynne x

Hi all – and thanks, Lynn…I hadn’t thought about the ‘good’ news re- post op swelling. I’ve been trying to imagine what recovery will be like, and dealing with it with inappropriate humour (what could Mum store in that space? a hanky? a mid-morning snack? the OH suggested a jam doughnut would be about the right shape!)

Anyway, the update is that by close of play last night, nothing had happened. And the word on the ward is that they may not operate until Thursday. They must be slammed. I’m going to try and find out a bit about the team so I have a rough idea who I’m ‘supporting’ when I go into the church today.

Meanwhile, can’t sleep so I’ve been up washing the kitchen floor, and I might do head out for a walk in a few minutes. Hoping I haven’t started the day too early to sabotage my FD. Well done to yesterday’s fasters – Rowena and I will take over from here. Anyone else?

Mx

Mor

Morning all,

Lynne, nice to hear from you 🙂 Keep posting, it helps! We’re in it together xx

Minols, thinking of you and your mum, stay positive 🙂 Good luck with your FD today, you can do it!

My FD went well yesterday, so proud of myself given what I’d eaten this weekend, thought I’d be hungrier than I was!

Have a nice morning.

Back later xx

Morning all

Had a good day yesterday food wise. I am not too well at the moment so just doing my best diet wise.

Minols hope mum is ok and not too disappointed with having to wait for her operation.. I am going to an ancient well on Anglesey set up by saint Seriol I will drop a coin in and say a prayer for you.. .

Will be back later have a good day fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Aud x

Audrey, our posts crossed! Sorry to hear your not feeling too well, take care of yourself and feel better! *hugs*

Morning All..

A miserable morning but we are out doing a few jobs, bank, glasses need adjusting..a pain, buy black bikini bottoms to go with a tanki top which I have bought, VW, need a new wire for sat nav…very ity bitty jobs…we have 6 things to do and I have only remembered 5!…hope Steve remembers number 6…age!

Minols …
    What an early start, your mind must be whizzing…shame about Mum hope Thursday is the day….nhs seem to do this regularly…hope Mum can take your humour..

Lynne..
    Lovely to have you back, hoping the break can help you to get back on track…all your nest is now full and you can now think of other things…😂

Hoping you have things in place to help you with Phil, and things are as good as can be…

Audrey..
    Hope the wifi is getting sorted…can’t do to loose you….lol

Have a good day all…good luck to Minols and Rowena make it a good one…

Jean x

Our posts crossed also…

Audrey…
    Hope you feel better and have a good day out….💕

DF..
    Well done yesterday you feel good when all goes well…

Jean xxx

Hi Aud – St Seriol is a new one on me…hope you feel better, too.
    Mx

I’m with you Minols!

Hope you feel better Audrey.

OH away til tomorrow now. I’m off to the gym for pump and pilates. Then got loads of stuff I need to do including finishing those flippin paintings!!! Going to Devon on Fri and will need to take them with me.

Feeling back in control. Our scales are a bit unreliable but I weighed today for a starting pointment to see if I lose any in these 2 focused weeks. Looks like I’ve put about 5lb on that I need to lose then I want to lose a further 7lb ish.

Back later …

Thanks Jean 🙂 Have a good day!!

Rowena, enjoy pump and pilates .. glad you feel back in control, that’s such a good feeling 🙂

Minols, hope your days going ok, I know you were awake early!

Aud, hope your ok and taking it easy!!

xx

Feeling starving so going to go out for coffee…always feels more substantial when someone else has made it. But I’m going to cycle up the hill to get it.

It’s only one day…it’s only one day…it’s only one day…

Mx

Minols you can do this! Exactly, just one day 🙂 Stay strong x

Stay strong minols… you can do this…

We are all here for you cheering you on..

Aud x

Afternoon All…

We are back all our jobs done and a bit of Aldi shopping…..I did laugh across the shop saw Steve putting his usual two bars of chocolate in his trolley…I think that makes 14 large bars we have! It keeps him happy but he forgets about them as I hide them…lol…so all is well…

Going to cut the grass after our coffee…we have a man coming tomorrow to put some ‘ stop the grass growing making it grow slower’ while we are away on holiday…see if it works.

Come on DF and Minols keep going strong soon be dinner then finished for the day..😀

Rowena…
    Enjoy your class..it makes the eating worth while and thoughtful…😀

Audrey..
    Hope you enjoyed your visit today to the well…you could of said something favourable for us all…we would of chipped in…lol….how much longer are you away?…

Chicken dinner tonight for us…someone fancies it…lol

Jean x

St Seriol well was very interesting. If anyone is ever on Anglesey it’s certainly worth a visit. The church there is very old and the road continues on to the coast near puffin island…

My tummy is still very upset I can’t keep anything in… don’t know what has set the IBS off but its really bad
    .. plus now of course my back is playing up again… just shoot me now!..

Off now will be back tomorrow DF and Minols I am cheering you on.. you go girls..

Back tomorrow

Aud x

I am SO hungry!!!!!

Rowena

Keeeep Strong… nearly finished 😀😀

Xx

Minols…..,
    How’s it going… did you get for your coffee up the hill..
    Nearly finished keep strong…

Xx

I’m done.
    Sea bream, mushrooms and samphire followed by muller light and options hot chocolate.
    Dog walked, recycling out, curtains shut and relax!

How have the other fasters got on?

Not done any painting- oops!

Seems we did well yesterday 🙂 We’re so strong!!

Audrey, sounds like your suffering a bit. IBS can be shocking 🙁 You take care of yourself *hugs* feel better!!

Looks like works going to be busy today, so I’ll be back when I can.

Have a great day, fasting or otherwise!

xx

Well done to yesterday fastest!
    I had successful fast on Monday too and an ok NFD yesterday. Today is NFD and fasting tomorrow.
    Aud hope you feel better soon.

Laters x

Morning All..

Very rainy this morning…when I cut the grass yesterday lots of fallen leaves, I thought a bit early really….we don’t seem to have had a proper summer at all, although quite warm and hot but cloudy and wet. Our House Martins will be moving to warmer places in the next couple of weeks for winter.

A bit of shopping in another direction today. We are keeping low today maybe missing lunch out… we will see…fasting tomorrow ….dare I say looking for a Xmas card and a few holiday things, toiletries etc..

I did find a black bikini bottom yesterday to go with the tankini top I bought which makes a set.

Audrey…
    Hope you soon feel better…I think in MM Gut Book he talks about IBS..the girls reading it may tell you I think the good bacteria may help…although I don’t know much about it….a few Gut problems can be helped…I can’t do with yogurts and fermented foods…

DF…
    Hope works not too busy try and have a good day…

Have a lovely day..

Jean x

Morning all

Still not up to much have asked Ian if we can go home. It’s no fun at the caravan when I feel rough..

I did manage a quick trip out yesterday but once we got there I couldn’t get all the way round.. .

Will wait n see if I get home today. Moan ended now.. lol 😀

Good luck to everyone fasting today.

Aud x

Audrey…
    You sound in a bad way look after yourself and rest up…is it doctors time?

Shame you have to go home.. 💕💕

Jean x

Hi Jean

Yes next injection is on 1st Sept. Was due before birthday but had to cancel…

Perhaps going home tomorrow I am now Sat with heat pad on seems to be helping…

Aud x

Hope u start to feel better soon Audrey.
    I’m out for lunch with friend from work. Then I MUST finish the paintings! !!!!

Oh Audrey – you sound in a rough way. Hope the heat pad eases it.

Thanks everyone, for your encouragement yesterday. Not only cycled up the hill, I even went in for a swim while the boy was at his lesson.

Too much to do today, and swithering what I have time for (emotional energy for) and what I don’t. Apart from my Mum’s situation, my MIL’s care home had a bad fire the other day, and they’ve all been decanted to another home an hour away. I want to check on her, but I also know that family visits often unsettle her in her dementia…aarrgh!
    Why can’t I be in three places at once, and perfectly patient in each place?!

Mx

Thanks minols

My goodness it never rains but pours for you… all this worry hope it settles down soon..

No need on going home. Apparently there is still lots to do around the caravan! My back is a bit easier but my tummy still upset..😵

Back later on

Aud x

Hello all!

I’m not British but I am living in SE England, so I’m hoping I can join? 🙂

I started fasting on Monday and it went surprisingly well. My second day will be tomorrow and I’m oddly very excited. Did you find the first weeks easy? When did it start to become more difficult for you?

Minols…

You have really lot going on at the moment hope things calm down for you…as one thing starts then you seem to have loads…hope Mum gets her op to tomorrow…well done on yesterday…

Audrey…
    Do take it steady, I know what you are like…hope the injection helps you this time, it took a while I think last time to kick in….

Geopril..
    Welcome to our group, anyone can join us..the thread started a long time ago under that name …everyone is welcome..

There’s quite a few of us fasting tomorrow keep popping by for support and get to know us….I found the first few weeks hard and then it got easier for me…weigh once a week in the morning after your second fast day and keep a log…don’t forget to measure yourself once a month and log it…..inches move when weight sometimes doesn’t.

Rowena…
    Some paintings to finish!!…or you will be in bother…lol

Dark as night here and raining heavy very miserable. Pile of ironing is beckoning me 😩 I hate it!

Jean x

Thanks, @symba7! Your story was the first one I read on the forums. I remember you went back to read your log during your journey and got motivation when you needed it, so I will keep a log too.

Geopri…
    Thanks it’s nice to keep a log on here….but I did mean your own log at home in a book as you can write things more privately …boths good to do…

Come and join us all tomorrow

Jean x

Hi all and welcome to Geopri

It’s been decided coming home on Friday. I have had an easy day today just resting up Ian has been busy gardening weeding and cutting the grass etc.

Hope everyone is ok and all fasters are going well

Back tomorrow

Audrey x

Are we on a mass fast tomorrow? …Steve and myself, Geopri…anyone else..

Lovely evening looks like we have good weather ahead for the week now…may get to sit outside..😀

Jean x

Me!

Very busy day tomorrow. Gcse results out. Body pump. Spin. Hair appointment. Pack for hols. Cinema. Do nails. Food shop to take with us.

Won’t have time to worry about eating!

Rowena…
    Does that mean you are fasting?

You sound a busy bee..lots to do before you go on Friday…dare I ask you about your painting…is it finished?

Have a lovely holiday and lots of cuddles with your little one..😀

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 13,551 through 13,600 (of 35,409 total)

You must be logged in to reply.