Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,972 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 2 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,601 through 13,650 (of 35,459 total)

• Morning all,

I’m with the fasters today! Lets make it a good one πŸ™‚

xx

Morning All..

A lovely day here…

A few bit and pieces to do this morning..

We are both fasting today joining DF and Geopri ( are you still with us)..

After the weekend away Steve a few pounds up 😬…hope today brings him down…I have not weighted but clothes feel a bit snug…☹️

Let’s do this A Good Day To All The Fasters…..

Jean x

Good morning!

I am feeling a bit cold this morning so I put some thermal socks and a hoodie on and I think I will go up the stairs a couple of times to warm up.
    I have ginger tea and coffee brewing and I hope to have a good fasting day today. The baby kept me up for a couple of hours last night and when I’m tired I’m finding it hard to stay away from snacks. But so far so good. I’m home alone and I plan to keep busy with my hobby that I don’t get to enjoy as much as I’d like – sewing.

Good luck everyone!

Very quiet here today, hope everyone’s ok!!

Good luck with your day Geopri πŸ™‚ Stay strong!

Jean, my clothes are still feeling snug from weekend too πŸ™ I’m trying so hard not to let it bother me. Lets get through this day πŸ™‚ xx

Yes jean I am fasting. And yes I did finish the paintngs! !!
    Feeling relieved as my dept got good gcse results. Some of the other depts not so good. It happens sometimes.
    Didn’t make it to the gym – just didn’t want to be racing around. Instead I started packing and looked in depth at the results online. Ocado will be delivering soon then I have hair appointment.
    We are fasting while away. I’ve printed off loads of places to go (walks basically) that are dog friendly and some pubs that look nice to eat on nfds!!

Afternoon All…
    Back from shopping and what a dark sky we have again…

We are so starving today now!….that’s so early….I think having lots to eat while away this weekend and too many naughties…our stomachs are big…must get it down to a fasting size!

All naughties eaten and nothing else will be cooked that way…bacon, tomatoes and egg for tonight…tomorrow a DIY dinner keeping it very low…

Hope everybody is feeling better than us..we are just having a cuppa….then sorting weights of suitcases out..😬

DF…
    We will get our tummies smaller…lol…your weekend looked good too …I love the beetle cars..

Audrey…
    How you doing today…hope you still feel better….

Rowena..
    Glad your results were good…paintings finished your brother will be pleased…enjoy the hairdressers then get yourself packed for tomorrow…πŸ˜€…enjoy your holiday..

Grandsons results are appalling I am so disappointed …with the bullying….the school which he should of moved from years ago…and his lack of effort …everything has been put on a plate for him all his life, getting what he wants…it’s not worked this time he’s learning the hard way….his Β£50 a month mobile phone should of been instead a home tutor!!….moan over…

Geopri…
    Hope you are ok…and you are starting to warm up…hope the baby is good for you today and you can get some sewing done…shout if you need help or a chat….

Have a good day…stay strong…we will definetly be shouting soon….

Jean x

Hi all after a very disturbed nights sleep we have decided to come home…. we have just got here so lots to do although I am supervising capacity only at the moment lol..

Left Ian in charge of food, so it was bacon butty for breakfast and he has decided on pudding chips peas and gravy for tea??…. after 2 years you would think he knows healthy food by now wouldn’t you, but I can’t be bothered to push the point today…

Back later no fast for me sorry…good luck to all you fasting …

Audrey x

Audrey, sorry you had a bad nights sleep last night. Hopefully tonight will be better, in your own bed at home. I have to say, pudding, chips, peas and gravy sounds delicious to me right now lol. Take care and feel better xx

Jean, how’s it going? I’m struggling a bit to be honest, not so much hunger but a banging headache for some reason?! Stay strong, we can do it! I agree after a weekend of indulgence I’m finding this week a bit tougher than usual xx

Rowena, I expect your very busy, but hope its going well xx

Geopri, are you ok, let us know how your getting xx

Hi all – I’m fasting, too today. had thought I’d be driving south and that would help, but I’m going tomorrow instead. Have a raging headache, but I had a really lovely drive to a meeting out of town this morning, and the gents I met with were great, so that helped to keep me going.

We await news that Mum has arrived in post-op…it’s been a long day for the surgical team! Meanwhile, I’m going to take the boy for pizza, have Bovril/oatcakes/peanut butter for myself and then crack on with this evening’s work to distract myself from everything – food and family, eh!

Mx

Hi all

I’ve been very busy cutting fabric and baby entertaining, having a break and miso soup now, first calories today. I’m going to Tesco for dinner, I found a nice recipe on the bbc good food website that will work for me, husband and baby. Fussy 6 year old will have grilled chicken with some cucumber, spinach and rice noodles.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lighter-chicken-cacciatore (should I keep food photos to myself during fast days? πŸ˜€ )
    5pm GP appointment with the baby who might have an ear infection again, he has high temperature now and a very red ear.

Symba – I feel like my 6yo feels so entitled sometimes, I’m struggling to make a difference between normal 6yo behaviour and a spoiled child. We stopped buying him treats (food or otherwise) and he has a few chores he gets money for. Nothing he must do, just optional tasks. He’s not very interested, he’s had 90p for weeks.

Geo

We are still really hungry both of us…only 3.30 a while to go yet…keep strong, keep strong, keep strong …struggling a bit..

Audrey…
    Hope you settle tonight…Steve will be joining you for dinner, pudding, gravy and chips….

DF..
    It’s our own fault we both had a busy weekend and eating too much….I must admin I could be headachy if I thought about it….

Minols…
    Hope Mum has gone on ok…it’s a long day waiting…

Rowena..
    Grandson has got on a BTEC Business Study Course at the college he was going to go to…and do re takes as well…he will have to show them he will work hard. He has 6 weeks to prove him self.

Jean x

Geo…( I think our posts crossed)

Just love the recipe…if not on a FD …would you serve it with rice?

I have copied it into my recipe notes.

It’s hard going with children…my grandson at two we were waiting for him to grow out of the terrible two’s he is now 16 and no difference!!…he should of had a firm hand much earlier..

Our younger grand daughter 3 1/2 , my daughter threw her dummy away a couple of nights ago, she has has tantrums, been angry, screaming for a couple of hours first night, last night an hour…she so loves it, it’s hard but hast to be done…my daughter has been very strong, she usually just gives in to her…the dentist said it had to go..

Hard being a Mum…

I think the kitchen is calling..πŸ˜‚..we are so hungry…

Jean x

We have finished now for the day…we are feeling much better now….

We can eat tomorrow πŸ˜€

Keep strong everyone…

Jean x

Dinner was delicious, I can’t believe something so good has only 260 calories.

Jean – there’s plenty left over, I will freeze some and keep some for lunch tomorrow, maybe over some brown rice. But it was really filling without a side too. What did you have?

I don’t enjoy cooking at all, but I’ve been very excited planning and making dinner for FD.

Re children – whenever my mum or anyone told me it’s hard having children I thought to myself ‘How hard can it be?’. Every day is exhausting, even good days. You have to see it to believe it :D. I try to enjoy it as much as I can, my eldest-6 already doesn’t let me kiss him.

Evening everyone

Still not done a FD yet, but trying to get NFD a bit more under control as no point fasting and then totally undoing the benefits with overindulgence.

Had a couple of stressful days, today was Rebecca’s GCSE results, well Year 10 ones. Thankfully she passed them all. She’s not as academic as Hannah who has never failed anything and had all A*/A, but she worked so hard I’m glad she’s been successful and hopefully this will give her self-confidence a boost. Jean, it is frustrating when they don’t achieve what they are capable of, but perhaps this is the kick he needs when friends in college will have free time but he’ll have to attend resit lessons.

Yesterday was also a tough one. I’ve been off work for nearly two and a half years, officially on sick leave. I’d had some correspondence for me to apply for retirement on the grounds of ill health, but just wanted to extend unpaid leave as long as I needed it and had a meeting with my manager to discuss it. Thankfully she’s happy for me to carry on as I am, knowing that sadly there will come a time when I need the companionship and support work can hopefully provide.

Glad everyone’s FD have been going well, looking to get back in the saddle next week.

Minols, hope everything has gone well today for Mum, I know time drags when waiting for news and it’s such a long day. From my experience Neurosurgeons are amazing people, Phil’s has really gone above and beyond a number of times.

Geo, a belated welcome and another recipe to try. I often find cooking more a chore than a pleasure, but do like to try something new. Jeans coconut treats are definitely going to be tried.

Audrey, hope you’re feeling better soon, such a shame you had to cut your break short.

DF, my clothes are more than just a bit snug! You’ll be back down in no time.

So, sorry for my rambles, good luck to all fasters tomorrow.

Take care

Lynne x

Geo..
    I will definitely try the recipe always up for something different …we had an egg, bacon and tomatoes, 2 slices of bread which I don’t normally have on a fast day…we get fed up of salads…we enjoyed it, we have been hungry all day..

We are going away soon so trying to empty the freezer so it’s a bit hit and miss on food at the moment..

Lynne…
    Lovely to have you around..hope you get back in the swing shortly…well done on Rebecca there’s a lot of study to get good results.

It’s good you can continue with work and the support at the moment…see how it goes..

Well it’s bed for us…a good fast day for everyone..πŸ˜€

Jean x

Morning all

Well done to yesterday’s fasters…

I am off to the DR later ….. Will be back later good luck for today

I love the chicken recipe what would you serve it with?

X

Hello all,
    I have been absent for a few tough weeks. This week I started again (proper) with renewed commitment! I also went back to the gym for the first time this year (shame!). Whilst there I had a chat with one of the trainers.
    He had an interesting take on the diet and suggested I combine the diet with a general ‘fasting’ process – that is to eat nothing between the hours of 9pm and 1pm the following day. I had ballooned somewhat over the last year so will give it a go….

Happy Friday! X

Morning All…

What a good war weekend we had….me 3 lbs on ouch!….Steve 1 lb on….I nearly weighed tomorrow but that would be cheating it is what it is…no wonder my clothes are a bit snug. I really need to move them next Friday as last weigh in before holiday….

We have Oscar arriving soon daughters dog they are off on holiday…so dog walking but he’s a old chap now possibly as slow as Ellie…lol…no calories burnt there.

Audrey..
    Good luck at the doctors…speak later…the chicken recipe brown rice…or I suppose pasta maybe..

Joe…
    Lovely to have you back…we have a few missing as the pounds return I am sure they will be back…it’s just getting the mindset going again..

Closing the fasting window is a good one a few on here do that…just eat in 8 hours but if you can close it the better..re looked at your post that is what you are doing…lol…the ones doing it, stop eating at dinner 6 pm and go through to lunch the next day..the timing depends on each one..

Good luck may take you a few weeks to get going again….keep with us..

Have a good day…
    Jean x

Morning!

I can’t believe I lost an unbelievable 1.3kg (2.9pounds) since Monday. My body fat % went down by 1% and muscle by 0.6%. I have now a BMI of 25 which puts me right at the top of the ‘healthy weight’ range. I think I have to up my food intake on NFD, it seems like a very drastic weight loss for under a week.

Lynne – thank you! I’ll have to go back in this thread and find those coconut treats.

Audrey – the chicken was great on its own, but on a NFD I might have it with brown rice, pasta as Jean suggested, quinoa or even mash.

Joe – I read the book last weekend, it was very repetitive but I think that helped me get the right mindset. I just started but I found it very easy so far.

Have a lovely day everyone

Coconut Bites Recipe again…

Anyone else who likes coconut….but maybe it’s why I have put 3 lbs on this week!…definitely a recipe keeper..

This recipe makes hard work of it…my way was much easier…my silicone sweet mould was Β£1 from one of the cheap shops…it has 18 holes..I shall be buying another to make it easier….

I used maple syrup this time, the honey gives it a different taste apparently…

DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT BITES..(pinchofyum.. healthy website)

dark chocolate coconut bites
    β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    4.8 from 44 reviews

Prep Time: 20 mins

Cook Time: 10 mins

Yield: 18..130 cals

( I made 46 but put them into a silicone sweet mold, about as big as a large marble, mine were 47 calories each.)

DESCRIPTION

These dark chocolate coconut bites look like cute truffles and require just four ingredients. 130 calories of natural goodness.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups dessicated coconut
    4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
    5 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    4 ounces dark chocolate for melting or milk chocolate ( I used double as smaller bites used more)

INSTRUCTIONS

Pulse the coconut in a blender or food processor until the texture becomes like thick flour. Transfer to a bowl and add the honey or maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until a thick paste forms.
    Using your hands, squeeze the mixture into about 18 small balls. I found that rolling was difficult because they weren’t sticky enough, but I was able to shape them into balls by first squeezing them in my palm a few times (you’ll get some oil on your hands), and then gently shaping it from an oval into a round ball. Place the coconut balls in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until firm. I could tell that mine were ready because there was a small white ring of solidified coconut oil around the base of each ball.
    Melt the chocolate slowly and gently until smooth and spreadable. We don’t have a microwave, so I had the best results melting this in a stainless steel bowl placed in a hot oven for about 10 minutes.
    Lay out a sheet of wax paper. Using two forks, roll each coconut ball in the chocolate until completely covered. Scoop the ball out with the fork and let the extra chocolate drip off the fork. Gently nudge the chocolate covered ball onto wax paper and chill until the chocolate has hardened. Store in the refrigerator. Can freeze.

NOTES
    It’s very important to use coconut oil because other oils won’t harden like coconut oil, and that hardening is what holds the shape together.

Makes 18… at 122 cals each
    Makes 46…. at 47 cals each

MY METHOD ..Easier than above….

I put everything in a glass bowl, broke the solid coconut oil down with a knife into the mixture, with fingers make into like breadcrumbs ( like pastry)…put into mould so it’s full and press down gently but not too much pressure. Put in fridge for 30 mins or freezer for 15 mins, roll into the melted chocolate until covered…put onto greasepoof paper in fridge for the chocolate to go hard.

When hard put in a plastic box with greasepoof paper on each layer.

They are very tasty and have to control yourself!

Sounds delicious, I love coconut. I’ll try it out this weekend.

Back from the DR…

Waste of time, not sure why my IBS is playing up as I haven’t had any unusual dairy products perhaps I am now allergic to something else I have eaten, I could have told him that!… as for my back he almost said what can I expect at my age!…. gave me stronger pain killers…. injection is a week today let’s hope it works..

Have a good day everybody fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Aud x

Hi All
    I have just discovered this web site and have enlisted. I live in South Yorkshire and have been battling the bulge since time began (or so it feels like). My desire to properly manage my weight is more around health and how I feel as opposed to how I look. At 55 I often feel like a creaking ship, lucky enough to be in good health to date. I do manage to cycle at least 50 miles a week (mountain bike at a relatively decent pace uphill).
    My work demands much sitting!
    Anyway, we’ll see how this goes, I have gained a stone I could have done without (in recent months) following a very close personal bereavement. Not using that as an excuse – I knew what I was doing to myself, but ‘self destruct’ mode springs to mind. Anyway, I’m back to being in a ‘good’ place again now so here we go. πŸ™‚
    Good to ‘meet’ you all. Happy BAnk Holiday weekend!

HI Aud,

I don’t know your circumstances, but when I read about your back I remembered seeing a show on BBC. It was presented by one of the twin doctors, Chris van Tulleken, and it was called The Doctor Who Gave Up Drugs. from the BBC website:
    But with hard marketing from the receptionists, Chris finally gets a new patient. Crystal is taking 30 pills a day for extreme chronic pain in her back. Things have got so bad that she can’t leave her house without a neck brace and a back corset. Over the course of five months, with a dramatic process of withdrawal from her addictive meds, Chris leads her on an extraordinary road to recovery.

I remember she started doing martial arts. At the beginning she was barely able to stand up straight and by the end she was dancing!

Welcome, Bubblybee55! Like you I sit all day while working and my weight went up after a couple of ‘self destruct’ inducing events. I hope it goes well for you, my first week was quite easy.

Geo

Hi geo

Yes I saw that program also it was a good series…

Unfortunately I have a degenerative spine disorder so rely on medication to get through the pain. I am due to go for a cortisone injection next Friday and hopefully that will relieve it for a while. But thanks for caring ❀..

Welcome bubbly…. lots of help and advice to be found on here..

Audrey x

Afternoon All..

Oscar had arrived and he whisked me around the village..supposed to not like walks, goes very slow…he had me moving very fast…18 mins usually takes us half a hour!!

Audrey..
    I feel for you, I think Steve’s daughter has what you have or similar…she is on two crutches and with morphine every day, to try and get her to move and strengthen her back muscles…she’s 45, has it for about three years going down hill fast…

Geo…
    Just thinking on the coconut bites …you could use small hole ice cube tray..but sweet silicone tray would be better it pushes through better…they are very moorish…

Bubbly…
    Welcome to our corner, shout if you need help someone is always about…weekends sometimes go quiet if people are busy…a stone will soon move…god 50 miles a week on the bike that’s good going…

Going out I need to buy a shoulder/small shopping bag type thing…it’s lovely and warm out….

Jean x

Geo…
    Sorry I forgot to say well done nearly 3 pounds off …very good in your first week..

Jean x

Sorry to hear that, Aud, I hope the next 7 days go fast for you.

Jean – thank you, I went an bought 2 ice cube trays from the pound shop. They are plastic with a silicone bottom so I hope it will be easy to pop the coconut bites out.

Geo

Hi all. Hi to all the new people.
    I have arriving Devon. Am sat on the sofa all unpacked reading your posts. I am in the middle of nowhere with just greenery around for miles and sheep and cows for company. Bliss. No phone signal but we have wifi.
    Went for a cider in a beautiful pub garden to cheers the start of the holiday. Any excuse haha!
    Gonna make a cuppa and chill out now. See u later x

Rowena…
    Have a lovely holiday…middle of no-where is just were I like to be…lol.. cider sounds good too..

Enjoy the peace before your busy September starts….

Just bought my holiday bag so when you get back, we will be going….

Have fun…

Jean x

Geo…
    I am sure the ice cube trays will be fine…make sure they are cold before you pop them.

I bought eating chocolate ( not cooking) from Lidl, 30p a bar, I used 2 1/2 bars…red bar plain, blue bar milk…good value..you need nice chocolate for sweets….lol…don’t eat to many…lol

Jean x

Rowena..

Didn’t want you drinking alone…Cheers to a Good Holidays…a Merlot in hand…just had a fancy…lol

Jean x

Haha! You’re so thoughtful Jean πŸ˜‚

Rowena and Jean I will tell you both off for drinking, right after I finish my sherry! πŸ˜ƒcheers

Night all haves great weekend back tomorrow

Aud x

Always nice to have a day off!!!…lol

Hello….still here!

Just about hanging on in here but not doing brilliantly. That being said I got to today and weighed in without a gain. Thats ok but I was really trying for a loss this week!! Just not committed enough it seems. I do fairly ok in the week and then lose it over the weekend and then spend all week pulling it back again.

I am managing to largely stick to a 16:8 though which is something….but I need to do this better, somehow…..

Anyway, hello newbies and returners…

Audrey hope you feel better soon.

Catch you all soon. I dont seem to post like I used to so not sure this is working for me at the moment, but Im still 7lbs up from my lowest on 5:2 and even that was the top end of my maintenance…..moan moan…lol

Kay sorry to hear you are struggling. Don’t panic you are not alone.
    Take some advice from me if you will don’t stop posting I did that you may remember and I quickly regained all my lost weight..

Stick with us, keep posting and if you need a fast budy I am your gal! Hope this helps

Audrey x

Kay…
    Come on let’s get you back on track…you sound like Steve and I …we have good fasts then have a bad couple of days at the weekend…maintaining just but todays weigh in I am more than up by 3 lbs…that’s a good weekend away for you…

We have both been doing it for a while and we are slipping…that’s ok and allowed but you must get back on track..we have a holiday on the horizon..we really must get focussed and get moving as Steve needs another stone to loose before his daughters wedding next year…October is the big push for us…he needs to get in his suit…lol

Keep posting as you know it helps…we are always stronger together…don’t disappear it’s so easy to put on when you are on your own…

FD Monday let’s make it a good one…

Jean x

We are all stronger together Audrey…..that’s right……

All together!

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Xx

Hi all – just a quickie to say that I’m still here…although down where Mum is in hospital. Brain surgery is a bitch! Poor thing is not in a good way and we’re hoping that’s down to swelling and having had someone else’s hands rummaging in her head for a day! No one really able to tell us how it went yet.

Anywya, weekend off from fasting…just going to try and not eat too much that is rubbish.

Mx

Morning All…

Looks like a good weekend ahead for us all….let’s enjoy the sun….

Nothing really planned this bank holiday weekend, we tend to keep away from places as they get so busy….maybe a sit in the garden this afternoon…I need to pick up some potatoes as we are having some steak for dinner tonight….ummm maybe some wine well it is bank holiday…lol

Minols…
    Hoping your Mum picks up she has had a big operation…it will take a while for swelling to come down, and bruising…sending you lots love and hugs to you all….ours thoughts are with you….

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend…hoping you all have lovely things to do…

Jean x

Morning all

Non fast day for me, Ian is back at work tonight so I am ready for mass fast Monday…

Minols hope your mum is better today, and she recovers quickly.

Have a great bank holiday weekend everyone together we are stronger

Aud x

Hi all,

Still trying to get head around NFD and eating without guilt! lost 1kg in the last three days….. I doubt my scales tho! Hope everyone is good, and all best to those on a FD!

X

Evening All….

How is every body doing?

We have had a steak meal and a glass of wine tonight….a low day tomorrow leading into a fast day Monday…

Lovely having a dog for walking topping my steps over 10.000..for the second day….. he’s a King Charles Spaniel, very stinky I think this breed is…it’s made me realise I don’t want a dog permanently..lol

I have been out buying neutralisers for the house, his bed and blanket will be washed tomorrow and he might have a shower… another 6 days yet!!

Joe..
    Good on the scales moving …good first few days….

Jean x

I’ve just enjoyed a quiet dinner after a loong busy day with a poorly baby, but he seems to be better now.
    Had first meal at 3.30 and was considering having an unplanned fast day. Changed my mind 2 hours later πŸ™‚

Jean, that dog is maing you work! They look really nice, I didn’t know they were smelly. One of my mum’s neighbours had a cocker spaniel and they were really smelly too.
    The coconut treats have been in the fridge since this morning, I hope to get the chocolate on them tonight. I rarely get to Lidl or Aldi, they are on the other side of town but I always go for dishwasher tablets. And then I find a few things I like in the special buys and end up spending more. πŸ˜€

We are attempting a 6mile walk along the canal tomorrow to the next town. We’ll have lunch at a pub there and then take the train back.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Geo

Geo…
    Glad the coconut bites are looking good..and maybe getting the chocolate on them tonight….enjoy your walk tomorrow by the canal…it is always nice and relaxing….

Hope the baby is more settled now…

Enjoy the weekend too

Jean x

Morning All…
    A lovely morning again…bed stripped and under sheets and pillowcases in the washer…always take a while for them to dry so a good day for it…

Dogs bed blanket and his toys will be going in later…hope they dry for tonight!

We have decided on a lazy two days, just dog walking for me…

We shout Holidays…then Steve has problems with his back and sciatica ..so definitely a rest up for him…I think this is the forth time it’s happened…he will be getting left behind!!

A low day for us today…we have eaten too much for two days…we always have one day off it’s now stretching into two….naughty!….it needs pulling back..

Have a good weekend whatever you are doing….

Jean x

Morning all

A rest day for me, have got a home made soup out for lunch, then southern fried chicken and actifry chips for tea… I am currently in a nest on the sofa, and have found my Claudius DVD’s so I am set for the day… have a good whatever you have planned.

Jean hope Steve is better soon, sciatica is very painful bless..

Aud x

Viewing 50 posts - 13,601 through 13,650 (of 35,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply.