Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,922 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Manuela1488 3 hours, 2 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 35,409 total)

• HI all,

For some reason I have not been receiving posts today from you all!

I have had a very busy and extremely expensive day today. Went to the dentist and it was 2 fillings for ian, then came out to the car playing up so off to the garage. Eye test for me this afternoon so new glasses required all in all £600!

Can’t afford to eat now hehe.

Hope you are all doing better than me

Audrey

Oh dear Audrey, what a pain. No food lol….seriously that’s quite a lot of money but teeth and eyes don’t come cheap! Nor do cars for that matter!

Ginette, sorry to hear about Pams ankle. Sounds like it’s an ongoing problem?

I’ve ordered the book.

Beverley x panic, panic, I am a bit of a hypochondriac

Ginette

Hope Pam is better soon, don’t do too much, come back soon you know we all need you to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Keep in touch via messenger if no other way!

The ankle support may be a good idea!

Audrey

Hi everyone

I’m still here! Worked a 12.5hr shift on Sunday, yesterday ended up driving round like an idiot chasing a parcel and today have taken the eldest off to an open evening (she starts high school next September and we need to apply for her place now) so it’s been a busy few days. I haven’t had chance to read through everything and haven’t had chance to reattempt the FD yet but I’m working from home tomorrow so that strikes me as the ideal opportunity!

Got myself lots of weight watchers soups in (80-95 cals per can depending which one you want) so I can have that for lunch and a ready meal for dinner – not brilliant choices but if it gets me on the right track I’ll try anything!

Off to bed now night night xx

After seeing the mMichael Moseley thing about chilling and reheating carbs have done that three times with wholewheat pasta. After bit of trial and error decided that 10 minutes then drain and cover in ice cubes works best. Made a huuuuge amount of leek and potato soup for the freezer. Added butterbeans as well as Stu likes soups chunky rather than smooth.

We have a carotid ultrasound appointment on the 6th . I think the whole hospital frustration thing got to us. I spent best part offourdays asleep. ( A bad habit.. hypersomulance if the world gets too much I can sleep and sleep and sleep). Emergeged from hibernat6 on Tuesday , got a far bit done, cooked loads and had a great day with Stu.

Celtic, so glad you have an appointment shortly and I can really empathise with the sleep. I have done this myself and though it was just me! Glad you an Stu are having good times. I try to make every day here happy. We have the oncologist on the 3rd. Fingers and toes crossed for us all. x

Monica, wow you are busy. happy to see you are all primed though. Masses of good luck for your fast day tomorrow. I am on FD tomorrow too. We can swap notes. Must say I have yet to feel hungry. It’s going like clockwork and am praying it will keep like that!

Best wishes to all especially Milena and Audrey with the thyroid probs. It must Be really frustrating.

Beverley

Morning celtic,

I too have been cooking and cooling my pasta, don’t know if it makes much difference but have been doing it!

Let’s hope Stu is sorted out soon it must be extremely difficult to try to stick with this wol and be worrying about Stu too! The soup sounds lovely, I love butter beans my mum makes them for me when I go to stay.

I am feeling more positive today, have put my blues behind me, liquid only for me today, milena is joining me in mind if not in body so it may be easier with two of us, will let you know.

Have a good day very body

Audrey

Beverley, FD for us tomorrow as well, it usually Monday and Thursday.

Sorry Beverley our posts crossed,

Hope all goes well on the 3rd for you too,

Glad you seem to be doing ok this time around, it’s much easier with friends isn’t it?

I love the support on here, I never feel alone and when I am down there is always someone here to help lift me back up!

Monica good luck with your fast, shout if you need us!

Have a great day everybody fast or feast

Audrey

Hi Audrey

Poor you, hopefully you have got over the shock, so many problems on one day. What an amount. Looks like you will be living on soup for a while then!! I shall still be here as still not needed daily at Pam’s.

Thanks Beverley, Pam’s ankle took another knock and is swollen but not as bad as before. As a precaution I got her to call the doctor with a view to getting a bone density scan, you will never believe what the doctor suggested, a wobble board!! Now I haven’t seen one of these close up but she said it was like a board on a ball!! I can’t begin to tell you what I think of this!!!

Hi Celtic

Have they shown that recently about carbs. I remember reading it and posting a link. Yes it is odd that pasta, potatoes and rice have less calories after chilling than when eaten straight away. If anybody hasn’t seen this I shall go and find a link.

Hi Monica

You sound as if you had a really busy week. Just avoid getting takeaways because of time pressures and maybe get things ready the night before to put in a slow cooker and then put this on low. I am going to try something that I know I used to like but that I haven’t had in years today, soya mince, Asda sell it it is dry in packets. Audrey have you ever tried it? It would be ideal for a caravan, apparently the burgers are really nice according to reviews. Really low in calories, good for fibre as they are full of it and also good at making you feel full as the fibre is soluble. All good. Very cheap as well worth trying maybe. Celtic have you tried it? I remember making it with adding a tin of tomatoes and throwing odd vegetables into it. I will let you know if it turns out well.

Weight watchers soups are fine as a quick option. I had the tomato one this week. I tried to add some psyllium husk to it to thicken it and had to throw it away. It became like jelly, I only added a teaspoon and a half and add the tin again of water. Celtic, I know that you have these, have you tried them in cooking? It wasn’t as if it became a jelly that I could cut but a wobbly mass!!

Hi Celtic, I hope the scan goes well, will you know straight away of is this just a waiting game? The soup sounds good, butter beans is one of those things that I am not too keen on, in fact I will alsways leave them, I don’t like the consistency but in a soup as long as they were liquidised sounds good to me. Butter beans are the same as broad beans aren’t they?

I was like that as well with sleep, I’m not sure if this is stress or overwork. I seem to be better now, I do spend a lot of the day resting (doctors orders). I have very fit fingers though!!

Audrey I hope your thyroid problem gets sorted soon. Are you on medication? I know my doctor has tested mine a few times. Results came back ok.

Audrey if you find yourself aching due to this you can try kelp tablets as they really help. I know that when my knees ache I use these. As they are only made of seaweed they are a natural product. Don’t take them for a few days before a doctors appointment though, or if you are on any thyroid medication. I get mine from my local chemist for about £1.99. So quite inexpensive.

I am fasting today, not liquid only ……that changed with auto text to liquor!! What an idea but I suppose that is liquid Audrey!! I don’t want to give you ideas, well not that type anyway.

Hi everybody else how are things with you. Anybody else fasting?

Ginette

Hi ginette

Yes I am on thyroxine have been for over 30 years now.I really need to take 125 micrograms one day and 150 on the next bur the Dr can’t or won’t do this. so every year or 2 I have a test come back abnormal and I go through this rubbish!

It is very frustrating the Dr in Lancashire had no problem prescribing the above its just here they do.

Anyhow no problem in getting angry about it again, it will soon be sorted but I know from past experience I will not lose any weight until it’s sorted.

I am glad the ankle is not as bad this time, I am also on a fast day me and milena are both doing liquid only today then fast day tomorrow. …wish us luck
    Audrey

Hi Audrey

Yes Pam too is on this. Luckily they seem to have regulated her. I can remember how I’ll she was for weeks, probably months before she found out. I am sorry that the doctor doesn’t see fit to regulate you tablets the same way as the last one did. Maybe there is a reason for this. Have you asked why? Pam has been on it for years as well.

I have a brilliant doctor who does listen to me. Seems rare from tales that I have heard.

Here is a link with some explanation for others. I found the last paragraph very interesting.

http://www.britishhomeopathic.org/bha-charity/how-we-can-help/conditions-a-z/too-much-or-too-little/

Ginette

Hi ginette

Yes I started with my thyroid problem at 26. At first it was over active and I lost a considerable amount of weight I was just over 6 stone at my lowest! I went to Christie hospiral in Manchester and had 2 doses of radioactive iodine which killed off the thyroid so I now take thyroxine. I did this so I could start a family!

It is usually quite well behaved but in times of stress like when dad was ill it can flare up again! I am sure I will be o.k. again soon but as you probably know with Pam, when it plays up it causes all sorts of other problems! Weight gain is just the tip of the iceberg. ….

Watch this space, thanks for your concern

Audrey

Ginette, used to use soya a lot at one time, especially good as a dehydrated camping ration.Stuart isnt so keen so stopped using it once it got harder to get hold of than qourn. Bizarrely Stu has got easier to feed ….less picky since the stroke. (May be he is just thankful hes not hsving food thickener with everything). I may get some next time I see some and try him again . Butter beans aka Lima Beans. Broad beans aka fava beans.

Love both of them. If you dont like them whole try blitzing butter beans with a bit of veg stock from a stew and then adding bacl into the stew … works really well as a thickener.

Ive noticed that on a FD I end up thinking its ok ive got Tuesday Wednesday where I can eat what I want but by Wednesday I find myself really looking forward to FD on Thursday… same at weekends.Anyones else like this on NFD?

Butter beans can also be a great base for veggie pate…esp flavoured with things like roast pepper and olives.

Hi Audrey

I really hope things improve, at least we have got peopke to chat to here. It is nice to share a concern with others as many people on the forum have ideas that can help with weight loss and are supportive of other things as well. A real community.

Hi Celtic

Asda is the best source of the dried. I was going to use the savoury but changed to use the bolognese one, they also do a sausage mix and a burger one. They all look intriguing. Now I have found how much soluble fibre is in them I shall be using them regularly.

I have so far added a tin of tomatoes, 150 g of mushroom, one red pepper, 2 red onions, garlic, 300g of cauliflower and nutmeg to it. It smells lovely. I used to work in an Italian restaurant where we made a bolognese special by adding the ingredients above less the cauliflower. In our lasagne we added nutmeg, it gave it the most delicious flavour. This will make about four good portions.

I will give the beans a try. I like the sound of the pate as well. I may see if I can get a recipe. I really don’t like olives though. I have tried them a few times.

Ginette

Ginette

The meal sounds lovely hope you enjoy it. i have got a stew out of the freezer ready for tomorrow, I dare say I will be ready for it by then.

My fast day today is going well, I have had 2 coffees, 1 oxo, 2 sugar free vimto cordial and am planning a hot chocolate drink just before bed. Total calories 100 !

How is the day going for the rest of you brits?

Audrey

Well done Audrey

Just a quick one, I am having rhubarb for dessert at 10 calories for 150g that is brilliant on fast days. I have it with half a low calorie youghurt. A nice big dish as well.

Ginette

Hi Audrey, your liquid fast sounds soooo much more enjoyable thsn mine! 3 cuppas and water. 25 calories so far.

Surprised my hubby by putting peacan and caramel squares in basket at Aldi. 250 calories a slice, reckoned half a slice (though they ARE small) would do me, and enough to share.

He surprised me by eating 3 and giving the 4th – out of just 4 in tbe packet – to my son. He also told they were delicious but very rich, and he was doing me a kindness by eating them all. So I cant recommend them, didnt even get a sniff.

A kindness? There is an expression, killing with kindness, he is now in grave danger!!!

Husbands don’t you just love them!

Mine bought a bag full of chocolate mis shapes at the weekend and has put them into the fridge to keep chilled! I am on a month of no chocolate as he is well aware and every time I open the fridge they scream at me ” come on no one will know if you eat us”……I even sniffed them last night! Ah well I am sure in time we will look back on today and laugh but in the mean time I will be your character witness for the defence if you will be mine haha lol

I am staying strong not eaten anything, just had my hot chocolate drink (decided hot chocolate doesn’t count as chocolate )…

Audrey

Only if its the kind of hot chocolate they sell in Andorra – a spoon will stay upright in it!

You’re on re the hubbies.

Must be a masochist (and I’m not talking 50 shades of Grey here – no chance after he ate that last pecan and caramel slice – regardless of the potential is calories that could be expended!!!) – watching patisserie day on Bake off, after watching MKR, and its Great British Menu next. I’m a going to be dreaming about cakes! Daren’t go into the kitchen to strip the chicken carcass, does licking fingers count? Will leave it until tomorrow and I’ll chop up the onions for the stock first. Really looking forward to my chicken and veg soup at 5 o’clock – and probably 6 – and 7 and ……………

Hehe milena you are funny,

I am off to bed after a nice bath to keep me away from food!

Thanks for keeping me company on my liquid only day.

How are the rest of us brits doing, hope we are all having a good day priscilla, hemmy,Beverley, celtic are you all o.k.? Sorry if I have missed anyone!

Night night everybody, talk tomorrow 2nd day fast for me and milena!

Audrey

Night Audrey!!!

no sleepwalking now!

What’s wrong with the time on the posts, tis an hour behind? Don’t make me wait longer than I need before I can eat….

Morning fellow brits,

How is everybody today, you are all being very quiet….

I completed my liquid only day yesterday and am attempting a fast day today to back the weight loss up…

Had a crafty sneak on scales lost 4 lb? I know it won’t last but it did raise my spirits a little.

Hemmy are you ok you are normally up and around by now?

Beverley think my knickers are loser today!

Audrey

Morning all
    Audrey, I hope your knickers don’t fall down! lol Sounding good on your fasting. Whoopie 4lbs is a good boost! I am fasting today so can join in yesterday was good. Big chicken and veg stir fry, heavy on the veg. Neil loved it too.

We Can’t shake this cold off though. Went to bed after dinner was feeling so rough hence up really early. The only thing left in the house was night nurse so had a slug of that and am now slightly comatose! Could be an asset.

My morning tipple is fizzy mineral water with 1000 mg dispersible vit c and a dollop of aloe vera juice, plus a cod liver oil capsule and a multi vitamin and mineral. Now in my book that should have cleared it up!!

Speak later.
    Beverley

Beverley,

Have you tried echinacea? It does bring down the time the cold lasts…we take one a day and haven’t had a cold for a couple of years now.

I have probably jinxed it now watch this space I will probably have flu next week hehe

Have a good day

Audrey

Oooh I have had it before and I will try anything for us to get rid of it so will get some. I have to watch Neil like a hawk as his immune system is compromised.
    I shall put it on the shopping list now!!

Hi Beverley

Have you got some zinc for Neil that is very good for the immune system!

We get our echinacea from tesco think it’s on 2 for 3!

Audrey

The zinc is in with the vit c. Hell Audrey you should see the drugs cupboard here, it’s heaving with meds, vits etc. lol
    I will def get the echinacea to add to it. Hemmy did mention barocca so checked it out but it was roughly the same as my current multi vits.
    I really don’t know how Neil can stomach his cod liver oil liquid! I like nice capsule. He also has garlic capsules, plus we eat lots of garlic which is why we have no friends!! lol
    Beverley

Beverley

Hope it works, good luck

Audrey

Liquid cod liver oil eeek ! FD for us here today.I’m going to try to go liquid only until tonights dinner. Stuarts going to have 35 g porridge in cold water. Hope every one has a good day.

Celtic

Good luck for today, I am still not eating yet! Had liquid only yesterday and am going till 5 this evening so you can join me, and milena us also doing same I think!

Have a great day today

Hemmy if you are about give us a shout, it’s not like you to be quiet, is all o.k.?

Audrey

Yippee

I have eaten after 48 hrs yeah! I made it to the end….

Now I just have to stop.

Thanks to milena who did it with me.

CelticCrow did you make it to dinner time?

Where are all my fellow brits?

Audrey

Hi Audrey – well done!!!!!!!!!!!

I was up at the stroke of 5 – the smell from the kitchen was making me dizzy – then realised I still had to put peas on the soup (I know, who puts peas in soup – there was also cabbage to put in but decided I couldn’t wait for the cabbage, that can go into the second pot for tomorrow!) – so had to wait, have had two bowls, worked out about 200 calories, probably less – so I’m having a treat, dunno what, hubby is at the shops – it could be a plain digestive if he forgets!

Lets do it again next week Audrey, or earlier the following week – I’m off to Copenhagen two weeks today, so I think I need to bank a few calories, but only for 4 days. We have two apartments, so not so much eating out as when we go to hotels. Second apartment is about three hours out of Copenhagen, should be interesting, going to a museum for the day, my idea of heaven. Have promised myself a week in the Louvre one day, OH keen to join me, but I think he might want to do something else after a few hours.

Hope everyone had a great day and that you are all a lot of losers!!!!!!!

OMG 48 hours. Nerves of steel that woman. Well done Audrey.We had dinner earliy as Stuart was v hungryso we had quorn ratatouille with fresh spinach and broad beans. I came back from poping next door and caught Stu red handed with a individual pack of oat cakes. Got him to put them back in return for making dinner early. I went without breakfast so lasted the day on numerous cups of decaf coffee aint of water with a heaped teaspoon of physillium husks. May try a liquid only day soon.

Can do it again milena but it would have to be Thursday and Friday next week. Ian works 4 on 4 off so I work on an 8 day pattern!

Well done celtic you are welcome to join us anytime yOu want to.

Ginette you are very quiet are you o.k.

I really enjoyed my stew n dumplings my day is just under 400 kcals.

Let’s hope it shows on the pesky scales for us all this week. Well done ladies let’s give ourselves a good pat on the back!

Audrey

Milena

Forgot to say THANK YOU for joining me was much easier this week than last. ..

Audrey

Anytime lass – you helped me too, thank you so much!

Milena

Let me know next week if we are doing it again next Thursday and Friday x
    I am eating tomorrow then doing a semi fast on Saturday. ….

Let’s hope it shows up on the scales

Audrey

sorry, reading threads backwards on the site, those days really suit me, so you are on.

Its the 1st of the month on Thursday, two days straight away will give us a good start to the month, as well as the 12 week countdown to Christmas. We should picture it as getting on the starting blocks, I decided to do 5:2 on New Year’s Eve last year, though it took me three weeks more to get properly started. I had bought a size 22 jumper – fair enough too big for me, but they didn’t have the size 20 and that would have fit – and trousers I had had for years but I’d always had to pin to keep they up, fitted perfectly. I have to bank so much to get through Christmas even to get to the new year. I might even hit the target I gave myself in January, 53 lbs. I’ve revised that total downwards now, must be bleeding mad, so lots to do in 2016, but I so want to get to that first target.

Milena,

I have named September as chocolate free, and had forgotten it was the 1st on Thursday! Oh joy I will have to go 2 extra days now unless I break it this weekend. ….

I am aiming for another 20 lbs that should get me to the top of the healthy bmi scale. …. I started 5 2 in February!

Going bed now to avoid food although I will probable end up
    Watching eat well for less I love this programme. …

Audrey

hi all

What a lot of warrior women you are – well done with the epic fasts!

I had an early FD yesterday and have spent today getting ready for my trip to Romania tomorrow. I had all my packing planned but the weather forecast has suddenly changed (from warm and sunny to colder and very wet) and I’ve been scrambling around finding alternative things to wear.

We have to leave at silly ‘o clock tomorrow (flight is at 7am) and really would like to get to bed but still haven’t quite finished packing. Hope all the rushing around is burning off calories!

I think the food will be a challenge – the local food looks very hearty, with huge portions. I’ll be doing my best to behave but may not always manage it.

Priscilla have a great holiday. See you back here in your return.

Audrey

Hi all

Wow Audrey and Milena!! You guys are so hard core!! Well done on your fasts..you deserve great results on the scales 🙂

Priscilla..enjoy your holiday 🙂

Hemmy..are you back yet? Hope Brighton was fantastic!

Still catching up on posts..bit of a mare of a day. Spent am at fracture clinic with daughter..middle finger..netball.

Then work this aft but mind elsewhere as had news my mum had had a fall and was being checked at hospital. Many phone calls and thankfully my brother drove to see her as he lives closer. Tough decisions ahead we feel.

FD for me today. Just going to have a decaf and a square of 85% as a treat!

Hope all going great for everyone x

Karen
    Xx

Karen
    I hope your mum is o.k. it’s a worry when they get older isn’t it.

I am in bed now avoiding food. On my mobile so please forgive any dodgy spelling lol

Let’s hope we all have success on the scales this week. I have been worried about hemmy forgot she was away! Silly me!

Keep in touch everyone I am off to sleep soon fasting always makes me sleepy

Audrey

Hi Karen

we are – but not often! lol!

Interesting that you are having the 85% as a treat, and so it should be, funny how we think of treats now, when we had much much more before 5:2 – and I’ll bet we rarely called them treats them, I’ll bet there are many like me who would have barely acklowledged eating a bar of chocolate – a few squares would now be VERY carefully thought about, well considered and well savoured!

I have found I can still have cakes and things, but I have them rarely, and usually share one with OH, rather than eat a whole piece myself (and one piece is often sooo much less than before) – I think sometimes we just want to taste it, a few mouthfuls rather than lots.

Well done Celtic – we are becoming a tsunami!!!

Audrey, answered your question before I read it – scary – going to try for a fast or semi fast tomorrow as I have a pot of soup to keep me going all day – pulled pork again on Saturday, at request of son, and he has asked for a korean fermented dish on Sunday – so have found a restaurant for one night during the week when it may not be as busy, and will just make him a curry instead, though now he wants home made nan bread?????

Pricilla – sounds a great place to go to – enjoy it!!!

Beverley hope you are feeling better, but if not, remember to feed a cold and starve a fever!!!

Karen i really like really dark chocolate too , we have just had a postage stamp size bit of the lidl 81%

4lb down since Tuesday. ….can’t believe it. Now I just have the hard part of keeping it off…….

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 35,409 total)

You must be logged in to reply.