Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,972 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 4 hours, 36 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 35,459 total)

• Morning all
    Well, Oncologist was ok with Neil’s bloods and the CT scan but wants him back in 2 weeks and setting up an MRI scan for next week to ‘look closer at his liver’. He is also getting a copy of the MRJ scan he had in London over a year ago. Hmmm.

Anyway up, food was lush yesterday, brunch was cottage cheese and smoked salmon with a slice of multigrain bread and dinner quorn shepherds pie with cheddar and parmesan cheese, also lots of toms as we have grown loads this year. We had baked beans too. Still getting home grown runners, courgettes, spinach etc but love baked beans. Went a bit mad with the white wine but it was lovely!! LOL

Hi Monica, this is my 5th day so am new like you. The ladies on here are lovely, supportive and have so much knowledge. All the best for today and must say I love 30 day shred! A few pounds off and I shall restart.

Hope we all have a lovely weekend. Hemmy the cold is tons better but I shall look into barocca thanks.

Beverley

Dear me, I sincerely hope I don’t give the impression I know what I am doing! I just muddle along, with my share of success and defeats, and ups and downs – weight wise literally ups and downs – lost loads this summer, trouble was it was the same blinking’ five pounds loads of times. Given myself a kick up the bum – ok after the last 5lb increase losing the gall bladder entailed chucking up loads and then not eating for 4 days – so that was the last increase sorted. Not recommended but we have to take the help where we get it!!!

I do know though that I do well when I have a plan and I do know that giving up is not a option.

And you can eat anything, and you can pig out – just as long as you get back on the saddle!

Anyway, back to James Martin, he is a God. He is doing roast pork! Then off to put my joint in the oven, long slow cook.

Then off to work out what to eat on 5 fast days in a row to make up for those caramalised onions I’m doing with the pork!!!!!!

Morning everybody
    A quick hello and goodbye from me for today. Our friends have arrived for the weekend so busy busy busy.

Hope you all have a good weejend will be home late Monday evening.

Keep on fasting

Audrey

Morning everyone

Thank you all for the lovely welcome ? So far day 1 is going well. Even if I only lose 7lbs before my holiday I’ll be pleased.

Milena – I will break down my targets it’s a good idea I agree.

Beverley sorry to hear about your hubby, hope you’re managing ok with everything. I love 30 day shred she just bashes you to the brink doesn’t she? Hopefully I’ll manage to restart it today.

Hemmy I’m gonna read the whole thread this afternoon to see if I can pick up any extra tips.

Audrey have a fab weekend!

Today as well as reading through this thread, I plan to bottom the house and go through kids wardrobes and get a bag ready for the charity shop filled with what’s too small. I’ve downloaded an adult colouring app for my iPad so if I get bored (or hungry!!) I can do that to take my mind off it. I have a plan – I’m good at making plans, just wish I was as good at sticking to them!!

Have a nice day all xx

Hi All

Hi Monica

How good that you have decided to join us. Welcome to the thread. I really know what a bad time you will have been experiencing from my stepmother going through the same years ago. She was so tired and listless put on weight everything seemed to swell arms, eyes and she had no energy at all, whereas before she was full of energy. She is one on those people that dislikes going to the doctor even when she knows she is ill. In the end after the insistence of my Dad she went. This is what the diagnosed and she has been on tablets ever since. Once in a while they alter the dose, she does have a regular check up. I am pleased it is diagnosed and from what I remember she was back to herself within a few weeks.

5:2 is a really great way of life, I think that it certainly helps that you can have days off as long as you don’t go too mad. I have been very successful on it, where on other diet plans it only had an initial effect and then I struggled and felt deprived. This is certainly the way forward for me and many others and I can see being able to fast one day a week on maintenance is the way forward.

The food that you have planned looks good. You will find that people share what they have found to be low calorie tasty food. I loved sausages but didn’t eat them because of 5:2. Then I found Heck Italia. They are 2 packs for £5 in Tesco and £3 a pack in Asda at the moment. I think Asda will price match though if that is near you. I shop mostly in Asda. They are only chipolata size but they are really filling and don’t taste like chicken, they just taste meaty. I eat chicken a lot so really wanted something different.

Here is a link to a thread I started with people who are new to 5:2 in mind. This is what I would like to have known. If any of you are within 10 weeks of starting it will be nice to contribute to this as we all lose at different speeds and then new people can benefit from our experiences.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/page/2/#post-110143

Milena is right when she says take your loss in small targets it is much easier this way.

Hi Hemmy

Are you having a wine free weekend?

I am pleased to report that at long last I have had a good weight loss, I thought I would as I couldn’t stop running to the loo yesterday, the weather has got cooler and my body has decided it doesn’t need all that water!! It is something that always happens when the weather cools, I have had two days of course where I have been relaxing. So weight loss is 4lbs and as you can imagine I have been doing cartwheels around the room, much to the funny looks from the cats.

Hope you all have a nice weekend planned.

Ginette

Hi All again….

As I posted it went over the page and I see that I have missed a few posts.

Beverley, so far so good, I imagine that they are just being thorough. Better to find something early, if there is anything to find. Finger crossed for you both.

Milena, Audrey and I have been on this since January I think. I know Milena has and I think Audrey has.

I am now officially according to the scales half way to my long term target.

So 51lbs down from January (just 5:2) and total loss 65lbs since the start. Only!!! another 65lbs to go……

I hope to be under 15 stone by Christmas, and still under in January 🙂

But now onto my next half a stone which will also see my BMI change to a lower category.

Beverley

I hope your fast day goes well x

Ginette

Afternoon all

Beverley – glad you at least had some good news yesterday and hope it will be more of that when all the liver scans are done.

Monica – welcome. I totally know you you feel. I’m a fellow hypothyroid sufferer and have been on levothyroxine for about 7 years now. I was stupid and left it far too long to get checked out. It took a work colleague to point out that I was really breathless walking slowly down a corridor to get me to see a doctor. After getting on the medication, I was finally able to lose weight, but I think it took a few months to get going (not on this diet) so don’t be too hard on yourself if not much happens immediately – your thyroid may still be settling back to normal. Don’t know if you have looked at other parts of this forum, but there seem to be quite a few who say this diet had made their thyroid function a lot better, so you’ve picked a winner.

Ginette – brilliant news on the 4lbs!!! Well done you.

I had a lovely day in Edinburgh. Ended up having brunch rather than lunch as my daughter could only get out of her office 11.30 – 12.30 but that was actually better as no dessert to be tempted by. I had eggs benedict with smoked salmon – yum. I’ll confess to having a bloody mary to go along with it (I travel by train to allow for this..) Also bought myself a handbag which I think makes me an official member of the ladies-who-lunch club – although I do think this is the first time I’ve ever bought myself one – have always had them as Christmas or birthday presents in the past.

Husband is home again, and he behaved very badly foodwise, totally pigged out and also missed his fast day. Annoyingly, he didn’t put on an ounce! Probably because he did a lot of cycling. The place he was staying was only 30 miles away so he decided to cycle there and back.

have a good weekend all.

Hi

I know it’s the millionth post of the day from me but I haven’t managed it 🙁 I gave in and had some fridge raiders which took me 137 calories over so I decided to make today a low calorie day instead. I’ve planned in a highlights hot chocolate with mini marshmallows to have tonight and including that I’ve ended up on 1116 calories today (which is still significantly less than normal for me!). My TDEE on this site is 1768 and my fitness pal puts me at 1590 – big difference so I’ll go with the lower one but I’m still 464 (I think?) calories under that recommendation today so I’m happy. I’ll aim for the same tomorrow and try a fast day on Monday.

I am not going to go into self destruct, tell myself I’ve failed and stuff my face. There’s no need for that lol.

Priscilla – hi! The thyroid issue came totally out of the blue it’s a bit overwhelming at the moment but as I say I’m only 3 weeks into treatment. I am hoping everything (especially the fatigue!) will improve soon. The dr just said my weight will settle by itself but I’m not happy to just do nothing. I need to still look around this forum I’ll be interested to see how others manage.

Enjoy your Saturday evening everyone
    Monica x

Monob
    It takes sone getting into this fast thing, don’t worry as you say try again on Monday, you are certainly not the 1st or the last one of us to not manage a fast day! On Monday why not try waiting before you eat, I get to 5 or even 6 in the evening before I eat that way you can eat more at one sitting, perhaps that will help?

Keep in touch

Audrey

Monica – your doctor is wrong if he is implying your weight will drop with the levothyroxine alone. What will happen is that your weight will stabilise at the weight you are now. In fact, if it caused you to lose weight you would be taking too much. It will also mean that you are now able to lose weight though – but only if you diet. This means you have taken the correct course of action joining us on the 5:2 way of life!

I do think planning helps with fast days. I skip breakfast but I do mentally plan my lunch and evening meal early in the day and make sure I am below my 500 cals. I usually do about 150 for lunch and 250 for an evening meal. That leaves a little extra for milk in tea, or an apple to snack on. I have a few things I can fall back on that I know fit in to my calorie budget. Personally, on fast days I try to stay off sweet stuff totally. I’m a binge eater so better not to have anything that might start me off!

Hi Audrey

hope the weekend is going well, the pulled pork was heaven!!!! Ugh! The caramelised onions? Wow!

Doing a half fast tomorrow cos its Sunday. When are you doing the water fast again this week?

Monica – join the club, I failed on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week – and today had a meal that I just couldn’t put on fitness pal, I’m not that much of a masochist!!!!

One the other hand, did a great fast day last Monday and overall for the week – not too bad!

I bet though that you ate a good deal less that you did before 5:2 – at the beginning the whole thing is overwhelming, the whole thought of managing without a second breakfast, and without afternoon tea and supper, crumbs. I think I mentioned I lost nothing in the first three weeks – that wasn’t just because my fat clings on for dear life – ok, it does, but it took three weeks and an long chat with myself to get things right. So let it go. Do a couple of days of ‘mindful’ eating, make the portions a bit smaller, and TASTE your food. Then do another. Monday and Thursday are good days, keeps the weekend free and a couple of days between. So spend tomorrow planning and do one on Monday. Hard boiled eggs and soup are pretty good!!!!

Best of luck.

Pricilla, a cupboard full of pain au chocolat, croissants, scones and teacakes, and an apple pie in the over as I speak – and my OH has done 5:2, lost the 4 kg that was giving him a slight tummy, months ago, and that’s his version of maintenance. God definitely is NOT a woman.

Well done, Ginette, weird that we are on the same journey, I’m about halfway there too – thought within 10 lbs of the target I first came up with. I still have dream of being under 9 stone though, found some underwear the other day, presume was mine but still probably won’t be able to get one leg in the knickers, one day though eh???

Bev, my heart goes out to you, look after your man, and have white wine whenever it looks bleaks, I find with enough everything is rosy – though blurred. Will have some myself at the end of the month, and will drink to you both!

Now, what to have to for a half fast tomorrow????????????

Hi Friends hope all is well with you. x

What a wonderful sunny day we are so blessed.

Had a sort of busy day … one of those days when all went well . We needed an extra TV point for Kristy’s room and that was a lot less money than expected. A lovely guy very helpful and took his shoes off. Bless him.

Had an estimated bill for joint gas and electricity… which we thought quite reasonable and when I rang with the proper figures it was half the price.
    Then third thing… needed a new keyboard for an old desk computer which we keep for back up and Tesco did one for £6 !. So our 3 goods things today. Lol Oh and actually 4 things this week Mum and I won £25 on the lottery. Lolol So a good week .

Well, food wise a mixed bag … McDonalds Big Mac and small fries.. diet coke for lunch … normally it would have been large fries and a strawberry milkshake so all good improvement I tell myself. Ha ha. Just soup this evening.

Ginette … not a drop of wine in sight. we are abiding by the gorgeous Billy the personal trainers rules. lol ( god knows what he looks like but young I understand). Well done with the loss, brilliant news love it… well deserved. Xx

Audrey .. Hope you are having a lovely time with your friends. Look forward to your news on Mon/ Tues. Xx

Beverley As Ginette said it sounds like they are being really thorough. Hope all goes well .
    Your food yesterday … sounded fab Xx

Milena you are a star. You have done so well with the weight.. So upbeat and have that wonderful warm personality that puts everything in perspective. Please keep sharing. Xx

Monica You haven’t failed at all. x You are well within your TDEE so that’s perfect . There is always another day to fast.. that’s the beauty of this wonderful way of life. Stick with all these Brit lovelies and you will do just fine. xx

Priscilla .. glad you had a lovely brunch yesterday with your daughter. Good to treat ourselves to things . Easy to think of others and forget we need a treat too.Xx

Hi Karen and Leeanna how is it going with you. Xx

Take care Brit lovelies Together we can do this. Xx

Hi fellow Brits

Just a quick post from me, glad you are all doing ok we have another busy day again tomorrow out for lunch with friends then off to beach weather permitting.

Milena ian back at work on tues night so liquid only day on Wednesday for me. Are you joining me? May try for another b2b as there is a lot of food this weekend and I am not being good!

Also had a couple of glasses of wine hic!

Audrey

Hi Audrey

you are on, liquid Wednesday and 500 on Thursday, easy to say while eating apple pie and double cream!!! lol!

We are blessed in so many ways hemmy, and I’m saying that living under the SNP! I’m not usually political but gawd that wimmen does moan!

You might remember that I got three thousand pounds for some signatures, and then the company asked for their money back – after putting it in the bank, good job they put it in OH’s bank is all I can say.

It goes on – OH sold one of his cars yesterday, its been living under the bedroom window for five years, guy who came was astounded ‘the wife’ let him have so many cars – must say I had remarked it was like ‘gas monkey’ meets Thomas Moore, two cars actually in the middle of the lawn. A deal was made, OH was to delivery this morning.

Except guy called at 8am, to say wife had had a wobbly, obviously scared him and wouldn’t let him buy it.

So no cash but hopefully my OH now appreciates that I am bloody marvellous for not objecting to seven cars, two on the drive, one in the shed, still one under the bedroom window, two on the lawn still and one on the path next to the front door. AND I don’t even have a car!!!

BUT life is a balance, a lady phoned from Oban, arranged to come for the car, then called back to insist on putting the money into our paypal. Coming tomorrow so looks like its sold.

And two pieces of jewellery I bought for 10 pounds each last week sold this weekend for one hundred pounds and two hundred pounds. If I knew what I was doing I would be dangerous – or rich!

Obviously now we have a bit of money – so now waiting for the boiler to break down!! If not, the credit card bill is due in any minute.

But life IS good, we will be able to pay for it!!!!

Have a great Sunday and get ready for a brilliant fast day on Monday!!

Oh Milena what a wonderful picture you paint. I bet your OH knows just how very lucky he is. I bet you really complement each other… bet there is never a dull moment in your house.

So clever with that jewellery …isn’t it funny how some people just seem to have an “eye” for things.

Enjoy your week-end… Hope the car goes tomoz.

I need to go gently now as I am sure me and my friend will be very naughty in Brighton Wed/Thur. Xx

Milena,

Well done on your selling success I could do with you to sell my mother of bride outfit I am useless at such things, and I am sure I could use the money rather than having if hanging in wardrobe because I will never wear it again.

Will be in touch later, have a great Sunday

Audrey

Morning everyone
    It’s just taken ages catching up with yesterday later posts! Lots of interesting tips here.
    I agree with Audrey about leaving food as late as possible on fast days and the egg, s too. I hard boil 2 and then eat one as soon as I am hungry and ditto the other one. Keeps hunger pangs at bay I find.
    Discovered in Tesco a promotion for Weight Watchers tikka masala sauce low fat, low sugar and only, if I’m reading this right, 99 kcals, half the pack. It was ok with chicken thighs. Also got small bowls for me, Soup sized, it worked. I didn’t feel deprived. My bowl was full!!

Well, I am still flying and long may it last. I cannot believe I have kept to it. Monica I think you have to feel ready and it sounds like you are. Keep at it, I am right with you as a fellow newbie!

Love to all (I love everyone right now!!) Sun is shining all is right.
    Beverley
    p.s. Ginette, what is in Heck sausages??

Good morning friends hope all is well with you.x

Looks to be another amazing autumn day.

Hopefully having a day in the garden with a roast dinner later. My kind of day.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday… a day of rest. Fast day out of sight until tomorrow. Lol

Remember Brit lovelies ” you are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream. We can do this together. Xx

Good morning all 🙂

Phew!! I am exhausted catching up on all the recent posts..so much going on..busy busy!!

Monica..welcome to 5:2! You will find good inspiration and help here.

So sorry to hear about so many hospital appointments x thinking of you all xx

Makes you realise that you have to live life to the full as you never know what’s around the corner.

Happy to report a 0.4 kg loss this week. Happy that it’s steady and regular. Think losing in increments like this allows the body and appetite to adjust well along the way.

Beautiful weather today. Was out on cliffs v early as also looking after daughter’s dog while she’s on holiday 🙂 September has been a delight after an abysmal August.

Hemmy..you really are a fantastic cheer leader !:-) 🙂 Not long now til Brighton !!

Audrey..hope you’re having a fab time at your caravan 🙂

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday x stay mindful !

Karen
    Xx

Hi All

Thanks Priscilla, that loss was a long time coming.

Hi Monica

I remember finding the first day really difficult. It does get better really quickly. You just have to get through that first day, planning is important. I would always weight and count all food the day before and put it ready in the fridge, I found it really helped. You are not 100% so you are doing well to try this. Keep on because if you don’t try you will never succeed, as you say if it is much lower calories that normal this is also good. As Audrey says, some people struggle for the first few weeks, suddenly it falls into place.

Thanks Milena, yes still plodding away, it feels as if I shall be here another year or two to get to my target, as you know I take it half a stone a time otherwise it seems too far away.

Hi Audrey

I hope your weekend is going well, it is going to be an Indian summer from next weekend for three weeks, that will be nice. I am sure you will still be enjoying time in your caravan for a few weeks.

Hi Beverley

Yes I usually eat a late lunch as my first meal of the day on most days. Fast days I have late lunch (about 3.30 – 4.30) or if I can I wait until dinner time and this is also late always after 7.30, otherwise I am looking for more. I gave up breakfast (which I never enjoyed) when I started 5:2 and I am pleased to say I have continued this. I must have a couple of cups of tea in the morning though.

Chicken is the main ingredient I shall check out the other things for you. I never thought I would like them as chicken in sausages seems really strange to me. But they just taste meaty, I know that they have a high quantity of meat. They are really convenient as well. I have them with a breakfast, as a main meal or in something else. I normally toss up between three of four as they are quite small but three is enough as they are really filling. Surprisingly so.

Hi Hemmy enjoy your day in the garden. Yes fast day for me tomorrow as well.

Hi Karen

Well done on your loss, I hope that you are enjoying the lovely weather and more of it to come. How nice to have sunshine, just to see it makes me happy whether I am inside or out. During the summer I find it far too hot but this time of the year it is just right.

Have a lovely weekend all.

Ginette

Thanks Ginette, thought Hecks would be chicken as you, like me, like chicken! Was in Tesco earlier but have so much on my mind (2 middle aged children in crisis) forgot about sausages. You have done so well. It’s so brilliant.
    Still have no real appetite and the cold is lingering and back but the weather is perfect. Not too hot but sunny and cool at night. Lovely.
    Tonight is lasagne (red meat for once) baked sweet pots for him salad for me and runner beans and spinach yet again. Yum.

Audrey, hope you are having a fab time, but not too fab LOL.

Beverley

Heck ingredients. 85% chicken, corn flour, water, mozzarella 4% , sun dried tomatoes 3%, basil, garlic seasoning, salt, rice flour, sugar and leek powder.

I can’t taste the herbs or tomatoes or even chicken. As I said they just tasted meaty to me. They are the most filling sausages I have eaten and when cooking them no fat comes out, although this is strange I cook them in the microwave and brown them in the pan with frylight unless I am cooking them with something else.

Yes I eat a mixture of chicken and vegetarian mince, sometimes real beef mince. I am going to try Audrey’s much loved Turkey mince as I like turkey, this has always looked so bland as mince. I don’t know how I can say that really as quorn looks like cardboard shreds!! I have tried Tescos meat free mince but as I accidentally upset half a tub (slight exaggeration) of chilli powder in it, all I could taste was the chilli. Next tine I shall cook it with something else. I also have some soy savoury mince in the cupboard. I remember liking that years ago, I haven’t tried it in ages.

I like to experiment a little.

Just off to Pams for dinner, see you all later xx

Good evening friends hope all is well with you and yours. X

What an amazing day again sunny and pretty.

Karen well done on your loss again you are doing so well. The cliff walk sounds wonderful, bet the dogs love it..
    I do miss the sea. Being on the Oxfordshire / Northamptonshire borders we are quite far away. Of course we are not too far away from The Cotswold’s so quite pretty rural countryside.

Yes,I am really looking forward to Brighton on Wed/Thur. A good deal with a hotel by the beach.. We will visit The Lanes for shopping and have some nice meals and a good old women’s natter. Lol Have a good week. Xx

Ginette Hope you enjoyed your Dinner with Pam. So very pleased for you with this weeks wonderful 4lbs loss. Good luck with tomorrow FD. Xx

Hope every else is doing well… Brit lovelies .. every day brings forth.. new choices. We can do this together. Xx

Hi Ginette

Wow..4 lbs!!! Well done on that brilliant loss!!! You must be delighted! What a boost!

FD for me today..my they come round quickly!

Have a good day all 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Good morning friends hope all is well with you. x

FD has arrived. Just at long last joined MFP a bit of getting used to but will be a help I think.

Already I see it is 10 cals more for a peach and 15 for a slice of toast… than I estimated Lol

Anyway, will muddle along in my usual fashion on FD. I am quite a plain eater so not too many probs.

I usually split the 500 up as I sometimes feel “light” going too long especially after walking 2 hours with Mr Pip.

No wine at all so no munchies. Although a large lunch and cheese cake yesterday. I have to admit to my self I can see .. it was the wine that increased my weight. Feeling good now and want to continue that way.

Ginette … Karen and anyone else FD today have a good one. x

Together we can do this Brit lovelies. No looking back because we are not going that way.Xx

Oh dear, blew it last night. Had so much lasagne I was fit to burst. Am I sorry? No!. It was lovely. Weigh in is tomorrow and a FD. I shall try to be really good today.
    Well done Ginette on your loss and many thanks for the sausage info.
    Audrey, I guess you will be home today and can’t wait to hear your news.
    I hope we all have a good day.
    Beverley

Hi Hemmy

Thanks dinner was nice and although we watched the X factor, we did have a game of cards. I must say that I haven’t watched the X factor for about three years now. I prefer Downton Abbey and will be so sad when that ends. I record this as Pam doesn’t watch it.

Well done for getting on My Fitness Pal. Once you have used it for a while it is good. You can even scan food in via the barcode. I find it so useful.

Hi Karen

Thanks,I have a feeling though that as it is water it will go up when the weather changes. I know that it is getting warmer soon and that this week looks like a week of rain again. So it will be nice to see the sun by the end of the week.

Ginette

Morning all.

Well, I had a slightly indulgent day yesterday – out for lunch to a Spanish place. Tapas style eating meant I could pick as much from each dish as I wanted. I think I was reasonable, but Spanish food is not really low cal! Also had homemade chicken and veg soup in the evening.

Stepped on to the scales with slight trepidation, only to discover I’m my lightest ever and had dropped half a pound! Could have been from Saturday I suppose – didn’t weigh over the weekend. I do sometimes feel I don’t eat enough physical quantity of food and my digestion just stops because it thinks it has nothing to do. I certainly seem to do better when there is a clear difference in food intake between FD’s and non FD’s.

FD today – hope it will consolidate my little half pound loss.

Hope you all have a lovely Monday, fasting or feasting.

Hi Beverley

Sorry I missed your post.

Glad you enjoyed the lasagne. I always have a more relaxed weekend food wise.

Ginette

Hi fellow brits

I am home from my weekend away, had a lovely time met up with some old friends we haven’t seen for ages which was lovely to do but did mean a lot of food. …I have tried to be reasonably good food wise but it has been hard at times.

We may be back again next weekend and I may be staying for 3 weeks. ….

Glad to see you are all ok. Beverley you have me thinking of lasagne now….

Hemmy enjoy your fast day, good luck to all fasting today, I am being pretty healthy but fasting with milena Wednesday and Thursday. ….

Milena, ginette are you both o.k.?

Monob, I take thyroxine and I have lost 24 lb it is possible to lose weight whilst taking it just a bit harder….

Am off now to do some washing, shopping and cleaning etc….

Audrey

Lovely that you are back Audrey and that you had a fab time.
    I was thinking Priscilla, half a pound is not to be sniffed at. What I have done in the past is go and hold half a pound of lard in the supermarket, fondle it and put it back.LOL
    Right on with the salad and eggs then.
    I wonder how Monica is.
    Beverley

Welcome back Audrey. Weather report is saying that from the end of the week we will be having an Indian summer for three weeks, so maybe you will be away again then. Of course you know what weather reports are like!!

It’s nice to meet up with old friends.

Ginette xx

Hi Brit lovelies. x

What an absolutely awful day for a fast day.

Just come back from my 2 hour walk across the fields… and its peeing it down plus in more ways than one. Lol Had to stop twice for the call of nature as I had had 3 cups of tea before going. Not a pretty sight with my loose knickers too. Ha ha.

I do realise now how very blessed I am to be able to walk those friends everyday.. health wise. X

Lasted till 1.30 then 1 Oxo 3 Aldi seeded crisp breads ( so glad you said about them Ginette I just love the taste and sooo crisp.) 1oz cheddar… half a sliced apple. Mini FD Ploughman’s I reckon. Just had a cup of tea and feel quite full.

Later will have 2egg omelette with using some veg from yesterday and a bit of cheese grated on top. A 40cal Aldi hot choc sachet and will call it a good to go FD.

Just going to have a try on to make a couple of outfits. At least for once I don’t have to worry if I can get into things… so all good.

Lovely to See you back Audrey.. glad you enjoyed yourself. Very lucky with the weather too.

Ginette I also love Downton and my friend that I mail to every day in Oregon just absolutely adores ( The Englishness of it} as she says.

Have a great day lovelies whatever you are doing. Xx Together we stand and we damn well aint going to fall.

Well, I am forced to make today FD and not tomorrow. Ate my 2 eggs and not long after was in the loo and still in and out! Feel so ghastly and sick. Checked the eggs and they are in date. Ah well never mind, best to make the opportunity work for me!
    Hope you are all doing well. It’s been raining here so a bit gloomy.
    Early to bed I think.
    Beverley

p.s. My granddaughter calls my knickers my parachute pants. She’s such a sweet child.

Hi Audrey

no I’m not – fast day today – decided on a small portion of muesli and milk – someone put a bottle of gold top in the fridge so I went straight past the semi-skimmed – 40 g of muelsi and only put on a little milk on but soooo delicious.

Then we took son to hospital (all going well, got a stitch taken out, only had dressing on, not a full cast, looking good), he took us to Costa for a coffee (a very rare event!), he had sandwiches, OH has a brownie and I settled for my medium skinny latte, nothing else.

All in, about 360 calories so, under a quarter TDEE, but frankly no calories to eat anything else, so having another cuppa before bed and that is it! And cos I’m not cooking, the lads are eating sausage sarnies – I can’t being to describe the smell!

Ginette says we are plodders, she is a plodder, slow and steady (though Ginette, can’t call 4lb slow, and I don’t think that its your record either) but I’m a faffer and a flitter, and boy did I faff last week. So this week I’m in harness, and I’m buggered if I’m going to give up on the first fast of the week!

When is the liquid fast, hope its not tomorrow!!!

Good morning friends hope all is well with you.

Yippee just weighed and have lost 2lbs this week. So thrilled cant believe now I have lost 6 bags of sugar. lol
    The no wine ruling has really worked this week. Hopefully carry on without it now … such a big difference all round.

Hope all is going well in your world friends.

This is a wonderful forum with lots of very encouraging people on all threads So much determination to get the very best out of their lives.

Have a lovely day all whatever you are doing X

We all want to make the very best of this WOL lets do it together lovelies. Xx

Hi and congrats Hemmy. I have lost 2 lbs as well. The bigger plus is middle has gone down by a good inch which is great. I can’t call it a waist as it doesn’t look like one (yet)!
    I am going to ban wine too. Empty calories.
    Need to get moving more too……..Beverley

Sucessful FD for us too. I went without breakfast so it was just qouorn stew from the freezer and broad beans. Ended up leaving some as had had also had a teaspoon of husks in a pint of water. Looking forward to weighin on Friday or Saturday

Morning all!

Well done on your 2lb loss Hemmy 🙂 Fantastic result..you must be delighted! Well done for keeping off the wine and avoiding the munchies!

Milena..loved your post last night! You deserve a good result this week, not giving in in the face of all that temptation!

Beverley..hope you are feeling better today after your surprise FD yesterday!

FD completed for me yesterday without any hitches 🙂

Could smell bacon cooking when I walked dogs last night so I’ll be having some of that today!!

Think it’s going to be a dodge the showers day..really blustery here too.

Hope you all have a great day friends and a mindful day whether fasting or feasting 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Whoops! Missed your post while typing, Beverley!

Congrats on your 2lb and 1 inch loss 🙂 Well done! Seeing the measurements and scales go down is great motivation.

Have a good day 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Well done on the losses, I’m 1lb down, not quite hitting the two, but that’s 5 lb so far this month.

Didn’t eat anything else – yay! Even though I was up until 5am working, and son stayed up until two – complained he couldn’t hear the telly for my rumbling tum! All that in spite of the pulled pork at the weekend. Onwards and downwards!

Hooray, another half pound down after my FD yesterday. Glad the scales are moving again after the stuckness.

We had our all time FD favourite for our evening meal. Its red pepper, onion, tinned chopped tomato and one red chilli mix that is slowly simmered a while (200 cals) Then make 2 little nests in the mix, drop an egg in each and poach until done but still runny in the middle. (150 cals for eggs) Top with 150 g Greek yoghurt that has had a clove of garlic crushed in. I use the Fage Total brand, full fat.(150 cals) This is enough for a big spoonful each. So 500 cals for the 2 of us. Its spicy, and decadently creamy and hard to believe its only 250 cals a portion.

Well done Beverley and hemmy! Fantastic losses, you must be delighted. hemmy – I should follow your lead and lay off the wine. I think its the one area where I delude myself about how many calories I’m consuming (plus if I drink enough I want a big hunk of cheese too!)

Hi Hemmy

I am glad you had a nice long walk, I don’t like walking but I’m sure it would be entirely different with a dog. I can’t see the point of wandering around the streets aimlessly to get back to the same point. Now to go from A to B for a reason is different. In this weather though I don’t want to arrive soaked to the skin. I don’t mind getting wet on the way home though. If only the rain war that thoughtful.

So many of us with loose knickers!!

Audrey

It is nice to see you are back, but enjoy your car an when the weather is nice, winter stays for a long time ….

The weight will wait, try not to put any on though and then you can start again when you get back, that doesn’t mean that you can go off forum though!! We like to hear your exploits and how well you are enjoying yourself.

Hemmy, yes I had two crispbreads yesterday, nice and crunchy!! Well done on your 2lbs loss a great achievement.

Hi Beverley

I hope you are feeling better today, well done on your 2lb loss a great achievement for you as well. An icy round the waist is really good, new knickers on their way soon I expect!!

For you and Hemmy the no wine rule seems to be helping.

Milena

Well done on your loss, I am losing gradually as in the 6 weeks before that I only lost a couple of pounds so it was just catching up but still averaging about a pound a week. To me that is plodding, I look at the averages. I am also doing three fast days a week and have been for a couple of months.

Hi Priscilla

Well done on your loss was that a total of a pound last week? Maybe try the no wine rule as it has worked for others. See what a difference it makes. Depending on what size glass you have it can be very high in calories. Why don’t you measure it and then look it up. You may get a shock!!

I have cheese in the fridge, it takes me a while to open it as once opened it becomes too easy to eat. Just as well that there is a nice long date on cheese.

Someone mentioned something to try on coughs or colds that have hung around. I have forgotten what it what called. I have a friend who has had one that is hanging on, can you repost the name please.

Have a nice day all, I’m on a NFD today so I’m at a loss what to eat for the moment, fast days are much easier!!

Ginette

Thanks for the support all and so happy for your losses too, lots of positive vibes. Baggy knickers all round!
    Ginette, the stuff for colds was barocca and I think it may have been Hemmy who advised it. Must get some. Found the Hecks and Neil has just test driven a couple with his breakfast. He said they are lovely.
    A question if I may folks. What is TDEE? is that the amount I can eat on non FD days? Mine was 1777, but there was another number and I think it may have been 1435? I can be so vague sometimes!
    There is an article in the Mail today on how fat ages you amongst other things like type diabetes or heart disease. I have also had a look in 5.2. book my waist should be half my height and as I am 5′ 7″ I need to lose 5 1/2 inches! Gasp, gasp……
    Lets all have a good day Yeah!!
    Beverley x

Thanks Beverley, I knew it began with a B but couldn’t remember the rest.

I’m glad you have got Heck, these are the only ones to fe so low in calories though. TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure. I base my calorie targets on NFDs on my fitness Pal calorie goals. I usually come in under that but perhaps on the odd day I come in over.

Off to read the Mail article now…….

Ginette

Hi Al

Here is the story that Beverley was talking about. Interesting research, hopefully these bad effects are reversible. If they are I think that fasting is definetly the way forward.

Why that spare tyre makes you age faster: We all know flabby tums are bad. But a new book has an even more worrying revelation
    http://dailym.ai/1OqP1uk

Ginette

Hi Ginette
    That article, oh dear, but it did galvanise me into action. I got a shock today. We have a treadmill at the end of the sitting room, facing a big mirror so I can watch my tummy wobble. 3 months ago I would do 20 mins at 5 kms and hour. I managed 5 mins today and had to put it down to 4.5 kms. That difference in such a short time. Also only managed 30 tummy crunchies when I had done 100. Plus only managed a few minutes of hand weights.

I am ordering the book!

Hi Beverley

Here are some of the reviews from Amazon, if you go down to the end of the reviews there are many from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.co.uk/372/dp/1455527440

Worth a read.

Ginette

Poor Pam has gone and done the same thing to her ankle again, I’m am just off to stock up on painkillers for her and back on duty. It just gave way on her. So looks like I’m back on duty again.

Maybe the doctor can recommend an ankle strap. I know you are meant to leave these things to heal but I think as helping takes place this might help.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 35,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply.