My 10 week weight loss, week by week

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My 10 week weight loss, week by week

This topic contains 110 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa57 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 111 total)

• Hi Joan

Yes I know I set a pound a week however I do expect to lose more. For me an minimum of a pound a week is what I hope to lose. This has always been the case and so far I have always achieved this but often more than that.

In fact if I only lose 4lbs in a month I am stricter the next month and often add another day a week to keep the momentum going. So far this has worked.

In six months I have lost over 40lbs so I am happy with that.

I will be on a fast day tomorrow (Friday) as I had a meal out, you just need to get into the swing of it first and then you can try different variations what suits one person may not suit another. You will find that your eating habits change and you will be looking forward to fast days…….as crazy as this may sound.

Drink plenty of water and especially on a fast day, this helps with preventing headaches and also with constipation which you might find happens after a while.

It will be interesting to see your full weeks results. Oh and did I say to measure yourself? It is good to keep a record of the starting measurements for later comparison.

Ginette

Hi Ginette

I was encouraged to find myself four lbs lighter yesterday morning, Friday, and even more encouraged to find myself the same 4 lbs lighter this morning after a non fast day.

I have measured myself… what a fright.

As you say, I think it will take a wee while to get into the rhythm.

Non fast day today and we’re off to Speyfest in Fochabers. Going on the bus so that we can have a drink. There’s lots of foodie things going on because it’s Scotland Year of Food and Drink 2015′ as well as craft fair, as well as the music. The sun is shining although some showers expected.

That being the case, I’ve just had strawberries for breakfast.

I’ll be interested to see what I weigh on Monday morning, a week from the start!

Hi Joan

Well done a great result!! I had to laugh at your fright in measuring, my reaction was the same. If it makes you feel better I think that around the largest part of me the tummy it was 54 inches now down to 50.

I have lost a lot more off of other parts of my body. I see a health trainer and he said that the only way to lose tummy fat is to exercise. I am looking into joining a local gym as I can pay per session and I want to target specific areas.

I was going to have strawberries for breakfast, but I changed my mind as the melon looked as if it needed eating. Make sure that you drink plenty of water as it does three things, it makes you feel fuller, it helps you avoid constipation and I have seen lots of claims that it helps speed up weight loss. When I spoke to my trainer I told him I was getting constipated and he said that is because I am eating a lot of vegetables and so I needed to drink more water. So the first two I know are correct and I think (unless it is coincidence) that I lose better on weeks where I feel waterlogged. 🙂

Have you tried skyr yoghurt, deliciously thick it has lower sugar so may seem tart if you have sweet tastes although you can always add a little stevia to sweeten. I tried the small ones first by they are over in a flash I now try the larger ones. I have just bought the honey one for the first time and I shall now buy the large strawberry one. They sell in all of the major supermarkets, look them up online.

Enjoy your weekend, I always think that if I have a strict week I can relax at the weekend. This is what 5:2 is all about.

Ginette

I was wondering, how slow my personal weight loss is actually. I’m on 5:2 for almost 2 month now. I measured my weight on a daily basis, plottet the data and applied a linear regression….The result was that I loose an average of 9 Gramms or around 270 to 300 Gramms per month. Many people report weight losses of around 1lb=500g per week….anybody experienced such a slow weight loss?

I’m male, 102kg, 182cm, 31 years, relatively muscular, sedentary work with several times a week light excercise.

Hi Ben

That sounds like a very low loss. I have heard about people having a slow start.

Why don’t you maybe try the following things. Download my fitness pal app. I use this to log fast day foods on. On there you can set a weight loss target, maybe try 1lb loss to start with. Log the weight that you want to be in goals and the loss per week. It will then give you a calorie limit per day. If you don’t know calories then I know that this feels hard work but log every calorie eaten or drunk for two weeks. You may find that you are going a long way over without realising.

It will truly be worth finding out. I know that this is a drag. I take it you do count calories on fast days. Not by guesswork and that you do include drinks in this. Long term it is ideal to be able to count calories only on fast days and be mindful on other days.

Where are you based and how much have you got to lose. The first question is curiosity the second is important to know.

If you are weight training at the gym then muscle weights heavier than fat. These factors all need to be taken into account. You need to measure yourself as sometimes you can lose inches without losing lbs. Drinking water helps lose weight as well I am not sure how this works as it is illogical to me but it has worked for me as well.

I hope this helps.

Ginette

I’m already tracking my energy intake with My Fitness pal. I did this long before I started 5:2. I’m also measuring my body fat. Since I started 5:2 I even gained 1%. Since most body fat measures show high standard deviations and are not very reliable that doesn’t really mean anything. There’s a good chance that this value is incorrect. Anyway, I didn’t loose much.
    I don’t see the problem of eating too much on fast days. I’ve a really good feeling what 600 kcal are, since I’m concerned with food, diets and so on for some years know. Besides, I’m tracking my intake. Moreover, I consume often zero calories on fast days, cause I don’t eat at all.

Hi Ben and welcome:

Research shows that the average person well informed about calories in food underestimates their daily caloric intake by up to 50%, and that professional dieticians underestimate their caloric intake by up to 20%. People are generally not aware of what a portion is, even if they know the general calorie content, and forget to count bites of this and that, calories in gum, etc. Also, it is almost impossible to accurately estimate the number of calories in food eaten in restaurants or friends homes.

I suspect that you are eating more than your TDEE on non diet days and that is why you are not losing more rapidly. I suggest you count calories for a couple of non diet days. That should do it.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Ben, hi Simco

Yes my initial thoughts exactly. You can’t really look up chicken breast and expect these calories to be accurate you do need to weigh food and remember also that if you cook in any butter, oil etc these will be added calories.

I do weigh and then count all foods and drink on fast days. I am strict and so I know what I am eating. If a piece of chicken weighs I63gms then this is what I put in to calculate calories. On NFDs I think I know my calories well enough to estimate but if I only lose 1/2 a pound for two consecutive weeks then out comes the calorie counter again. It has worked so far for me.

If I think I am reaching a plateau then I will up from 5:2 to 4:3 this will kickstart it again.

Maybe food for thought (sorry no pun intended)

Ginette

That’s quite interesting….some people tell that I’m most likely eating to much. Others tell, I’m for a long time eating too less and my body is in starvation mode….
    Anyway, I’m tracking my intake every day (except fast days, because I skip eating at all or limit it to one hard boiled egg in the evening). I’ve got the idea of measuring my BMR instead of just estimating it by a formula. Who knows….maybe it’s extremely low. Maybe I try 4:3.
    I’ve had these problems for my entire life. I’ve tried a lot diets…from persistent caloric restriction to low carb, slow carb, alternating carb….whatever…I always faced a situation where my weight loss is really slow, whereas my gain is pretty fast.

Hi Ben

Yes you are right it seems so much easier for other people to lose weight that I would advise a trip to the doctors to check why. I know that thyroid can sometimes be a reason.

Simco is a nutritionist where as I am someone who has been doing this for just over 6 months now. I speak from my own experiences and also those that I have learnt from others.

I know that my sone does Hiit as he had problems losing weight. Although I know does not monitor his food intake properly. He wanted to lose the fat around his middle and asked the trainer at the gym. He advised this. I told him to be really restrict with what he was doing and change up to 4:3. He has done both in the last couple of weeks and has lost about 4lbs I think. He really does feel that his trousers are looser as well.

If you are in good health it might be an idea, if you have any doubts about doing such a strenuous exercise again I would advise you go and see your doctor. It would be good for you to have a conversation about this and checking out your health as well.

In England and I’m not sure where you are we can access health trainers through our doctors as they are trying to help anybody who is obese. Are you eating a lot of high carb foods? I did and I would say didn’t really go above my recommended calories but I put on weight. Of course not knowing and logging exactly what I ate then maybe I was underestimating whay I ate. I didn’t eat much protein and a lot of high carb food, bread, potato and pasta.

It might be interesting to see a breakdown of this. I always eat protein and vegetables on a fast day. I usually only have one meal. This is again usually chicken and vegetables. But I also sometimes have fish and vegetables.

Let me know what you think.

Ginette

Hello Ginette

A catch up. Very happy to find that weight loss for week 1, was 4 lbs, and, since we were going to the Turriff Show, decided not to fast yesterday, so today is Fast Day.

Thursday, will be second fast day this week, as we have visitors coming for the weekend.

Will need to think seriously about how I’m going to manage Fast Days when we’ve got guests, because for much of August and September we’ve got family and friends staying with us.

I think it’s going to be melon for breakfast and then chicken or fish and vegetables for evening meal.

I think you’re right regarding Ben, he should see his Doctor.

Hi Joan

A good loss, well done you must find that encouraging. You may need to swap days around when your company comes, as long as you manage to do two days a week it doesn’t matter when they are.

Yes if I eat fruit on a fast day it is either strawberries or melon. I often make a sugar free jelly as well as sometimes I have this with just a couple of spoons of youghurt.

I have just been looking at Chicken Italia sausages by a company called Heck. I saw a documentary on them and I know they don’t stuff their sausages with fat or carbs. They are about 117 calories for three. They must me chipolata size I think. I must try them as the have really good reviews. I know that they have chicken and mossarella in, I can’t really imagine what they would taste like.

I might have these for a change on a fast day as I could have 4 of them and vegetables. 4 is only 144 calories so this would work for me.

Even with your guests they would probably enjoy a chicken dinner so you may need to get around it this way. Hopefully they will be understanding.

Ginette

Yes, I considered checking my TSH, T3 and T4 levels just to be sure.
    I’m already doing HIIT twice a week at least, so I’m used to it and have no concerns.
    Although I weigh 102kg at 182cm giving me a BMI of around 30, I do not really look obese. Most people guess I’m having around 90kg. I recognised that my body density seems to be really high. I’m a scuba diver and even with a wet suit on, I need to move constantly to avoid submersion, where other people put a weight belt on to be able to descent to the bottom….

Hi Ben

I have known people with a high BMI that are not overweight as the have a lot of muscle. Yours is a situation I admit I am baffled with. I am sorry that I can’t be of more help or give you a positive way forward. Your situation is unusual and I would like to hear what the results are after trying 4:3.

Are you a normal size for your height or is that the problem?

Ginette

Hi Ben:

There is no such thing as ‘starvation mode’ for people not starving to death. It is a myth. See FAQ at the top of this page for a brief explanation.

The less you eat, the more you lose.

Good Luck!

Hi Joan and Ben

How are you doing?

Ginette

Starting weight: 95.2kg (approximately 5kg more than I had hoped/guessed to be). Holy cow.

Hi Isabel

Remember that is only a starting point and that in time will be the point where you look back and see how far you have come.

Just follow the rules and any questions just ask. I know you are already on the fatbustin Brits thread so you will always have people to help. When I first began I found that people on the threads were really supportive and a place to share and support each other. I am sure that you will find the same thing.

I have been on this for months now and people who don’t know about it think it is a bit of a fad. Little do they know!!

So now I think you want to lose about 25kgs am I right? Well you can make big strides before Christmas which is 18 weeks away. It does slow down a bit but I am still losing a minimum of 4lbs a month. So not bad after all this time.

Ginette

Hi Ginette

Yes, about 25kg would be ideal. I shall weigh myself next week on Friday again. One pound a week, several months in, is amazing. This is incidentally also the recommended/expected loss on WWs, I believe.

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words.

Hi Isabel

Yes I am pleased with the rate. I now sometimes go a couple of weeks without a loss but I seem to make this up on other weeks.

In the past I have not really stuck at anything for a long time, the longest was slimming world but I wasn’t losing as eating carbs has always been a problem for me. My normal site before was 90% carbs. Now it is about 30% so a much better ratio. Also I like this way as even if I fast for three days I do not feel I am on a diet every day.

Once you really settle in to it you will see the results. Somewhere on this thread I have put a lot of recipe links and also I think a really good one about how sugar (this is part of carbohydrates) has an affect on our brain.

There is a lot of information on these threads.

Ginette

Hi Ginette,

Lovely to read of the 10 week losses!! for sure I will enter mine when I get there… I have not quite done a week, am on a Fast day today & seem to be battling a bit with my grazing compulsion. I am not hungry…. just want something in my mouth to chew on… urrgggg.

I will check back here soon.

Loz xx

Hi Loz

There are a few good links on here as well.

I normally have sugar free Jelly, this gives me a sweet treat, not that you need to chew it. Another of my favourites is to freeze a very low calorie chocolate dessert and then it takes an age to eat.

I have been doing a bit of housework now. I’m going out in half an hour so just having a quick catch up before I go.

Ginette

Hi ginette

What a great thread – very inspiring and helpful thank you for linking me to it.

Monica x

Hi Monica

Yes it is there to help. Other peopke are adding there 10 week losses as well as we all lose at different speeds, some faster some slower. Sometimes there are some basic mistakes we can make. If you like sausages see if you can get the Heck ones a true winner in my book.

If you want any help just shout and if I can’t help you there are plenty of others who can.

Stick with it is it well worth it and I enjoy fast days now.

Ginette

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have started the 5-2 this week choosing Tuesday and Thursday as my fast days. Fasting has made me evaluate how much food I have been eating to become overweight and how I will work towards getting back on track. I have decided not to call this a diet, but my new lifestyle. While I plan to be able to have some wine over the weekend, I now see that as my treat. I really enjoy reading through this forum and seeing the success that so many people have had. LD

Hi LDove

Nice to see you hear, have you got a lot to lose? When did you start?

I need to update my last 10 weeks loss as I have been quite busy I had put it to one side.

Ginette

Hi Loz

How are you doing?

Ginette

Hello Ginette,

I am doing ok – I went off piste a little yesterday but am back on the fast day today.

Normally the weekends tend to be my downfall as we are on the road a lot and my dearly beloved loves to snack on the car and not on fruit (unless its fruit cakes or fruit candies! 🙂 ) or indeed he perceives as healthy.

This weekend we are home – YAY!! so I will take full advantage of not being in the car and having another fastday.

I have been keeping weekly records of my losses both weight & measurements. I am looking forward to posting my 10 week journey on here! 🙂

How are you doing today? hope you are having a lovely sunshiney day!

Loz x

Hi Loz

Glad to see you here. Yes it got a bit hectic for a while on the other thread. I dipped out for a day as well, didn’t want to jump in the middle of that. As you probably know that person seems to have now left and the thread has calmed down.

Occasionally a person like this will come almond, evangelical and forceful about their beliefs. I always think the way forward is best through mutual support and encouragement. Follow the other thread to see all is calm and then come back to it.

Glad you will be posting your 10 weeks soon.

Good on you for all those fast days.

Here are a few recipes I was looking up for the fat bustin Brits site. Someone has just jot a chicken that she needs to cook up and then freeze down.

Strawberries and Melon (cantaloupe is my favorite) are both really low in calories and refreshing on a journey.

Here is the recipe link I am posting on the other thread.

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/diet-food/slimmer-dinners-meals-under-300-calories-31299

Ginette

Another link fir you Loz

This one is lovely….. All in one dish as well.

http://www.womanandhome.com/recipes/532300/the-hairy-bikers-spanish-style-chicken-bake

Ginette

Hi. I am new to the forums and not posted before. I have a LOT of weight to lose and have been on the diet now for 9 weeks. I decided to give it a kick start by doing 4:3 which I can fit into my working week m/w/f and leaving my weekends free. I don’t want to tempt fate but can’t quite believe how quickly the weight is dropping off – scarily fast (31lb since mid August). I know there’s very often a big drop initially and then things settle down to a steady rate as I’ve yo yo’d and tried nearly every diet over the years but none that have lasted in the long term. I’m finding that my appetite is less on non fast days but am eating plenty – just not junk like I used to – and now only occasionally feeling hungry on my fast days. Wondering if I should switch to 5:2? Or just enjoy the success and keep it going. Feeling great but not quite believing it……

Hi Lisa,
    Welcome and congratulations!
    The thing I love most about this way of eating is that there is such flexibility. It you are feeling 4:3 might not be the healthiest for you, change to 5:2. If you find that doesn’t suit you, you can change back.

Hopefully some people who have more experience with swapping between 4:3 and 5:2 will come along. I am concentrating on 5:2, but a couple of times I have added in an extra fast day, because it felt right and easy.

I keep in mind that I want it to be my way of life, and so I want to keep it easy and practical but, given that, I am still experimenting week by week what suits me and what I can change.

I know that feeling of not quite believing it. It is a pretty small change really, and yet the effect on my well being, on my weight, and on the way my brain has changed, has been monumental!

Cheers!

Hi Lisa

Nice to see you here, I was out last night so I am a bit late posting.

I was wondering how much you had to lose when you started.

I had about 8 stone when I started 5:2 and I had already lost a sone in the previous 9 months. Now I have about four and a half stone to go.

The reason that I ask how much you have to lose is because of the loose skin issue. I have lost three and a half stone in 9 months and I find that this is starting to happen. I knew I would have some problems and I have not done much exercise, I have high blood pressure and this means that I get really overheated. Hence not exercising. I did in the cooler months through. I have now signed up to the gym to tone up and I think weights may help me as well. I am a bit concerned if I will like gym type exercise but if I don’t try how will I know?

Where are you from? I am from the south of England.

I would say that although this seems a brilliant amount of weight to lose it may be better to lose it more slowly, I do believe that the body needs to adjust to the new weight and especially the skin.

I know that non fast days can be harder than fast days sometimes. I have made a really conscious effort to slow loss down and I am trying to now lose between 2-4lbs a month.

I know that it seems unbelievable at first that it does work. It obviously does though. I used to do three days a week if I was going out for a meal or if I felt that I had eaten something to excess on one week. I intermittently did three days. I now have done it fir a few weeks there are too reasons for this the first is that I lose really slowly over the summer and often the scales can show that I have increased in past years. This is water weight as I suffer from a lot of water retention. This year I have only gained half a pound one week and as tge weather has cooled I have had a couple of big losses.

Now I remain the same for about three weeks at a time, hopefully with the (dreaded) gym this won’t happen.

Have you checked your TDEE on this site? I use a calorie goal that is set by My Fitness Pal as a guide. I have found this really useful, I put in that I wanted to lose 1lb a week.

This has also been a theme with me, staying on any eating plan for a length of time. This one works for me.

Do your friends and family notice, have you measured yourself? I know so many questions.

I am pleased you have done so well as that will keep you to plan, of course there are the unseen health benefits from fasting, let’s not forget those.

Hi Cinque

Nice to see you here as well, tell us a little bit about yourself.

Where you come from, how much you have to lose and have lost, alsohow long you have been doing 5:2.

Like you there were always odd occasions that I did 4:3, I am not so far very physically active so feel that I need this.

Yes I think it really changes your thinking and tastes. I eat far less carbohydrates now although I am going through a phase where I am eating too many sweet fits and treats, I need to stop this.

It will be nice to hear a few more details.

Ginette

Hi Ginette,
    Thankyou for the welcome.
    I accidentally jumped into your thread when I saw Lisa’s post. I was absentminded and didn’t realise it was part of a thread until I had posted, and then I couldn’t work out how to delete my post.
    But now I have gone back to the beginning and skimmed through: congratulations on a lovely thread.

I’ve been doing 5:2 for nearly 3 months, and it suits me very well. I don’t have scales, but my eyes, the mirror and my clothes are telling me that my excess weight is going. Plus I am feeling so much healthier.

Although I have always tended to being overweight, and a compulsive eater/binge eater, as it was known back when I was growing up in the 70’s, I was a very vegetarian, wholefoods type of person and this kept me healthy and close to a healthy weight.

I was forced into being sedentary with a chronic illness (me/cfs) and weight started packing on. I tried to eat sensibly, but I felt like someone had strapped me into a fat suit and was blowing it up. Also, the crazy, imperative, intolerable hunger signals were getting worse.

Five years ago I cut out sugar, including fruit, and immediately felt a lot better and lost about 20 kg over a year or so. But then I stopped losing weight, with about 5 – 8 kg to go, and I started putting it on again. No sugar did a lot to change those brain signals, but not everything.

I saw Dr Mosley’s TV program, but didn’t decide to try until friends were doing 5:2 and finding it good. I was scared my first fast day, but felt wonderful in the evening!

I find it very easy (a couple of difficult Fast Days, but usually they are easy) which might be thanks to the fact I already gave up sugar. My Non Fast Days are just great as my appetite is natural and what I want to eat, and what I need to eat, are in line. (Better touch wood and whistle now!)

My daughter moved to Sydney with her bathroom scales, and I am in Melbourne. I will be visiting her in a couple of weeks so I will weigh myself then. I was around 62 – 63 kg when I started 5:2 and my healthy weight would be around 54 – 55 I think.

Cheers to everyone.

Hi Cinque

The more the merrier, I am sorry to hear about your health problems. Yes, I found fasting after a couple of events in my life caused my blood pressure to raise to dangerously high levels, I was made redundant and then my brother died, this was all in the space of a couple of months. Through losing about four and a half stone my blood pressure is down to just high now. My doctor thinks I am still suffering from underlying stress and that is why the haven’t reduced further.

I enjoy the fasting way of life although just at the moment a lot of the old cravings are back. I hope to get thus under control by joining the gym, I have found in the past that exercise reduces my cravings.

I bought a Wii and started using it, I lost a bit of weight without trying to change my food habits, they did change, I was not so drawn to sweet things, I could eat one chocolate and not want more, very unlike me!!

I am sure that thus is to do with endorphins, but the fact that it worked was good.

I like you have been overweight from childhood, it started when my parents divorced. I just have to control food around stressful times.

If you have access to a Wii, it is a good way to exercise, I started at 10 minutes a time, I soon started to build it up. I would only do about 30/40 minutes in a week when I started, I found it fun and addictive.

I wish you luck in your continued weight loss, there are many nice threads on here.

Let me know how you are doing from time to time.

Ginette

Ginette

Hi again Ginette,
    Thanks for your email.
    I do agree with you about the difference exercise makes, and I blame my sedentary life for the huge lot of added weight.

The problem is that the defining symptom of me/cfs is that overdoing activity makes all the symptoms worse. There is even a move to rename it Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease. Dreadful name I know, but it shows that we have to somehow try to do as much activity as we can, without making ourselves iller.
    I have to avoid anything that increases my heartbeat: which is pretty much impossible, so I spend a lot of time coping with the payback of overdoing it. I am best pottering around, and on a good day I can do a short gentle walk, or some gentle yoga stretches.

But even with that limitation 5:2 works really well! And I am so relieved that my general health has improved. I am always hopeful that I will be able to gradually increase the amount of activity I can safely do.

I miss being able to exercise, so people! when your heart is thumping, and you are sweating, and your lungs are heaving, and you can feel every muscle in your body: enjoy it!

Hi Cinque

I must admit that when I first started I did a few balancing exercises and some gentle walking (all on the Wii) I did not do more than 10 minutes but I did build up. I didn’t do aerobic or anything so strenuous.

I understand that it must be frustrating, tge good thing is that 5:2 works without exercising and we can only do what our bodies allow us to. I know when I start back exercising I shall start slowly and easily and then increase as I see fit.

I am trying to listen to my body but also add some common sense, when by bodie get cravings for chocolate I know it is time for me not to listen but to achieve this better I need to exercise as this seems to dull the need.

Keep popping in and updating with your progress.

Ginette

Hi Again

Thanks for the welcome and replies. Been away for the weekend hence late reply- sorry. I am from Wales and the weekend involved lots of watching rugby and sport. Pleased that I managed the break without overdoing things too much although did break my dry spell and enjoy a beer (or two). Will see at the end of the week how much damage that’s done but I the idea of thinking about this as a way of eating for life rather than just a diet – need to somehow flick that switch in my mind.
    Having reflected a bit I think I will change things a little and slow things down by going to 5:2 as I am concerned about the loose skin thing but figure as I have so much to lose, less weight has still got to be better in the long term. Adding exercise has to come for me yet – still feeling my way with all the other changes and adding it in to everything else will be the challenge. Thanks again for the encouragement

Hi all,

Its not quite the 10 week mark for me but!! I have lost 7 pounds! Which is half a stone. Which I am elated about. that was my initial goal I set myself!! YAY!!

Now to tackle my next goal which appeared on another thread – and that was to lose 1 stone by Christmas. Truth be told I have more than the next 7 pounds to go as this goal was decided when I was already into my first half stone loss. BUT… if I make a stone in total by Christmas, I will be delighted!!

Hope everyone is have a lovely day!

Hi Lisa

You are welcome, keep in touch and we can compare notes!

Hi Loz

That is great to reach your target and I am sure that your stone is very achievable, the other thread has calmed right down down…… In fact it is really quiet. This does happen from time to time.

My aim is also half a stone by Christmas so we can both work towards this.

Ginette

Hi lovely Ginette,

I do believe you are suggesting the water is safe! LOL…. I will pop back shortly and peep from behind the mask of inscrutability and anonimity! 🙂

Lets do this!! Half a stone by Christmas!

Loz xx

Hi Loz

Yes I think it is, the person was was making comments without thinking seems to have left, another person who left due to personal problems I am in email contact with. Other people who are still there also nearly left at one point. These disturbing things happen from time to time, they soon subside and the disturbing elements leave.

Yes, your on, half a stone by Christmas!!

Ginette

Hi all. 10 weeks in, 37lb gone. Astounded but much much more still to lose.Feeling determined and set for the long haul. First set of trousers put aside for being too big:) Next mini goal: keep it going until Christmas and maintain any downward trend – whatever the numbers.

Wow Lisa! Well done.
    A Christmas warning, I have put on 10lb each year and then spent ages trying to shift it. Read all of the labels on everything and if it is over 20g sugar/100g then put it back….would be my advice.

Have a look in charity shops as your size/shape changes as they are wonderful for ‘filling the gap’ until you shrink again.

Tremendous achievement, you must be thrilled.

Hi All, another 10 weeks down and 4st 8lb gone in total. Shocked to find stayed the same over the holidays despite no fast days and feeling as if I’ve stuffed myself silly with chocolate, biscuits, mince pies etc. Started back with fast day today and def convinced this is a way of eating for me for the long term rather than another ”diet’. Still early stages of a very long journey as I’ve much much more still to lose before getting a healthy BMI. Thanks everyone for posting all the stories, inspiration and encouragement on the site. Here’s to the next 10 weeks…….

Hi everyone!

I live in Hampshire in the UK and have just started the ADF lifestyle (trying not to call it a diet, as I want to make it a way of life for myself!). I am 35 years old, 5’3″ and 205lbs.
    I haven’t always been fat. In the last 2 years my body weight has doubled due to medication that I have been prescribed.
    My doctor has promised to wean me off the medication, but I’m going to have to lose the weight the old-fashioned way – through grit, self-control, healthy eating, exercise and determination.

6th January 2016
    I am only at the start of my weight loss story and find the amount I have to lose (100lbs) daunting, to say the least, but I am determined!
    I am on the ADF regime, eating >340 calories on my DD and trying to limit my UD to 1200 calories (but not been too unkind to myself if I exceed that amount).
    I’m eating healthily, trying, where possible, to exclude processed carbs, dairy, refined starches, potatoes, red meat, processed meat and sugar – my big weakness!
    I hope to increase my calorie intake on the UDs when I start exercising more, but at the moment my energy isn’t great and I just can’t bring myself to getting started, quite possibly how I got into this state to start with!

I’ve really enjoyed reading your stories and feel inspired into believing that I could make this work for myself too!

Many thanks x

I’m back Ginette

Didn’t do well with having people staying with us over an extended period and then well…

Long story short, now 2lbs heavier than I was when I first started in July/August, so the half stone I’d lost went back on, with another couple of pounds.

I think I’m going to try to do what was successful when I stopped smoking after 40 years i.e. don’t spend too much time thinking about it!

Survived yesterday’s first fast day fine.

Going to try to approach this as ‘not a diet’ but a good way of being more healthy…

Going to catch up with the thread now. Hope you are well.

Joan

I went to 4:3 and started intense Kettlebell workouts, which seems do work for me in that case. Especially the kettlebell training kicked it off!

Hi Lisa

Well done on your pre Christmas loss and you have managed to keep it off, brilliant. It’s always a difficult time with family friends and socialising. Let’s hope we build on success through 2016. That’s a great loss though in all.

I have had a couple of months off being strict. Saying that I was mostly doing 4:3 and the two Christmas weeks 5:2 as I was on a plateau. I put on a little but nothing I can’t handle. I have now got my enthusiasm back, helped along by all the dieting programs and a couple of articles in the Mail by Michael Mosely. These are aimed at diabetics really but give an alternative method to either reverse diabetes (if you have had it less than three years I think) or improve blood sugar levels. There is an astounding lot of weight loss that comes from eating 800 calories a day for 8 weeks.

Hi Duchess

I too am in Hampshire. Pills I am assuming must be for blood pressure or diabetes. I suffer with my blood pressure but the doctor thinks that it is caused by underlying stress. I am lucky that I do not have diabetes.

I shall post a link here ti the article that Michael Mosley wrote. It is in a few parts so it’s worth having a look. I don’t like the recipe plan but I might adapt and have one of these days a week with my three fast days. I don’t want to do every day as this would feel like a diet. I shall see how weight loss progresses. I did 10 months of 5:2 or 4:3 before reaching a plateau, I did read a weeks break might help but I extended that as I felt worn down by not losing and although I still did the fasting I wasn’t careful on the other days. In fact I ate all the wrong foods and I am currently trying to wean myself back off of them.

Hi Joan

Yes it can be easy to back slide. I carried on doing the fast days. Did you? I still put on a few pounds I am still losing the extra weight gained. I am now eating lots of soup at lunchtime. Making soup with a soupmaker is so easy. They have the mixed packets of ready prepared soup in Asda on offer and they are so easy. I have butternut squash or leek and potato on non fast days and sometimes I add a little to them especially the look and potato as I find it a bit bland and I love lots of veg. I have vegetable or green vegetable soup on fast days as it is lower in calorie.

Yes it’s a good idea to go back to basics and start to eat healthily again.

Hi Ben well done on the training, intense training for short periods is good but be careful not to overdo and warm up before and afterwards I didn’t and ended up with a acute sprain I have to take things easy now as old injury will resurface.

I’ll have a look for the link I mentioned above.

Ginette

Hi all the link to the article as promised.

Secrets to make this one diet you CAN stick to. Eat to beat diabetes in just eight weeks: It’s the life-changing diet that can help you avoid or even reverse Type 2 diabetes
    http://dailym.ai/1WoHhtR

In tge article it mentions that 2 dates will spike your blood sugar as much a s 2 punnets of strawberries. I don’t even think dates are that sweet!

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply.