Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,971 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 41 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,951 through 13,000 (of 35,458 total)

• Well done John thats fabulous!

Rowena, rum festival in B’ham….how did I miss that when I was living in Worcester?? Sounds fab!

Ellie, well done on being the lowest yet 🙂

Jean, enjoy your breather before they return on sunday. I think the weather is going to pick up a bit now.

Aud, enjoy your weekend. I think its going to be sunny.

I didnt eat until 4pm today, so from Wednesday night, thats a total of 43 hours!!!
    Cals counted for today, which includes a drink 😉 And hopefully carry forward some calories until tomorrow. 10pm cut off to finish my drink, to give me maximum 6 hr eating window.

Tomorrow morning we are going for a walk around Honiton, so a few steps but not up to usual mileage as Ellie can’t go far these days.

Happy Friday all x

Kay….

43 hours!! That’s really good…..you seem very focussed……enjoy your walk tomorrow..

Xx

Hello. Brits.
    Dropping in again to say how much I enjoyed the Hadrian’s Wall Path adventure I had in May. Lovely country you have up there in Northumberland and Cumbria. Ate lots of breakfasts and big dinners and didn’t gain any weight! Of course walking 10-16 miles per day sort of burns the calories…

Thanks again to those of you who have been reading my blog. I appreciate the visits from the UK.

We ate a picture perfect strawberry-kiwi-chicken-spinach salad on Thursday’s Fast Day and it was smashing! I’ll post that in July.

Guess I can’t wish you a happy 4th of July, but I hope you each have a good weekend and a successful Fast Day on Monday.

Holiday sounds great walking certainly will blast the cals
    FD yesterday with no sleep I have tried everything to sleep on a FD it’s horrible. I had s few where it was ok but back to being awake most of the night. Teaching two bootcamps this morning so needed the rest

Morning all. I don’t intend to go to weight watchers today as it’s TOTM and if I put even half a pound on I’ll have to pay as cancelled my monthly pass last week when I got within my goal range.
    I’ll just get washing done and take my time getting ready to get train to bham. It’s made there’s only 3 school weeks left. At the mo I can’t see light at end if tunnel as still so much to do. It’s funny in one way you desperately want to break ipod to recharge batteries but on the other hand you want time to slow so you can get everything done.
    My brother messaged med yesterday with an image ge has asked me to paint fir him. That will keep me busy for a few days! Studio will need a huge clean and organising as not been in the there for months. It’s become a dumping ground. Anyway I’ll be off. Have a good day. Not sure if anyone is fasting?

Morning All..

A lovely sunny start….

I haven’t weighed this week..see how the weekend goes….it’s strange hungry today…I think it’s because of overeating and your body then needs it…tummy rumbles and all that…I know I don’t need it….pulling back this week now once things settle down…we all have these hiccups now and again even our own holidays it has to be sorted into the way of life….it will settle again…

Going off to Manchester shortly to see Steve’s daughter and maybe pop to see his sister…we tend to do the rounds and catch everyone…..so won’t be around today…

Back still not too good and I cannot believe my throats still about that’s a month now…a bit grotty this morning…it went away for 5 days and has returned…it’s been a bad bug.

Fasting-me…
    Lovely to hear from you…having a great holiday in the UK…you are in a lovely walking area…..enjoy the rest of your holiday..😀…come back and give us a up date…

Mrs O…
    I am finding the magnesium tablet 1 X 375. .is helping me a lot on sleeping…took about a month before it helped my FD’s.

I feel as I am much better with it…

Rowena…
    It’s not long to your holiday break…I know there will be still loads to do…I have not seen my elder daughter as she is so busy with school work and with family commitments …I often wonder if I did the right thing to help her through Uni…she is so over worked….even my youngest after Uni ..did 12 hour days plus in Dubai and bring up the family….both working too long and hard, you get the money but is it worth it….?

Have a lovely weekend everybody…looks like the better weather will be back…

Jean x

For sleeping problems I have 2 remedies. 1] Catnip Tea. Doesn’t make you all crazy like a feline. In humans it is a calmative: it relaxes and helps you to rest. i’ve recommended it to friends who have attested to its effectiveness. 2] Tincture of Motherwort. Motherwort {Leonurus cardiaca} grows in my garden. When it is blooming, I harvest leaves. The leaves are cut in a chiffonade and 1/4 cup are put into a pint jar of brandy, vodka, or eau de vie. Shake daily for 4 weeks. Filter. Take 10-15 drops in 8 oz water daily. This works very well for sleeping problems. many friends of mine have tried this with great success. I take it daily. Our younger son, at age 13, said, “Mama, you’re a witch!” He was embarrassed by how that sounded, but he meant to say that anyone who uses herbs to make healing potions is by definition a witch. I’ll accept that.

Hi All…

A busy day up to Manchester and back, visited Steve’s sister and daughter…daughter is in a bad way 45 years old…her spine is degenerating below her waist and hips…being put on morphine patches to ease the pain, she has been on crutches for two years but the out come isn’t great…it will get worse …three years ago she was a fit prison officer gone down hill so quickly…very sad.

Fasting me..
    Thanks for the remedies..new ones for me …will have to look into them..enjoy your the rest of your holiday..

Night night off to bed shortly

Jean x

Hi all

Anyone mind if I rejoin this thread, I think mine was the second comment in 2015. Already spotted Symba – hi Jean, and Audrey, and Im sure I will find more old guns.

I started 5:2 in January 2015, weighing 91kg, 201 lbs, and managed to go up the ladders and down the snakes, and did rather well until I got an emergency gall bladder op, which took the winds out of my sails. Hard times, just couldnt manage the 600 calories. Must say the speed with which food managed to whizz through my system gave me hope, false hope it transpired, that all the calories were fast tracking out of my system. To this day, a bowl of heinz soup can go in one end and out of the other in ten minutes, and the sight of bright orange in the loo was blummin scary the first time I saw it!!!!

Things are finally settling down, so to speak, so I thought time to get back on the horse.

And my tribulations, though halting 5:2 aspirations, were not a complete disaster, yoyoing a bit and heavier than at my lightest weight, I seem to be able to stay betwen 81-82 kg, so have managed to keep off around 10 kilos, which I can only put down to the fact 5:2 does help to rethink food intake. Yo this day, although I couldn’t manage the low calorie intake, I eat less on Monday and Thursday.

Still enjoying my wine, still falling out with the veggies at times, still whizzing off to Denmark and other places and overeating when Im there, and now looking forward to restarting the journey.

Milena x

Hi all.

Well – brilliant day yesterday. Kept drinking water between rum but it still got to me! Got home with Uber taxi as had a voucher – much better than train! Spent evening in sun in garden then inside just desperately trying to sober up as I suffer dreadful hangovers and didn’t want to wake up to one, Had disturbed night as expected but am headache free thank goodness!!

Working on kitchen today with OH. We have contacted so many people to help with worktops but no one responded. Cant do it ourselves. OH tried but not got good enough tools. Fingers crossed someone responds over next few days.

Hope its sunny where you are 🙂

Hi Milena…

Lovely to have you back on board….sorry to hear about your problems they do tend to hiccup you…Steve had two new partial knees both done together that pushed us out for while as we collected the weight back on.

Although I have lost it now Steve is struggling he got half off and really another stone off needed…we are both maintaining at the moment but in the Autumn we will give the big push for Steve. Different commitments at the moment making it awkward.

Audrey is at the caravan at the moment popping by but not so much as she is on her phone Wi Fi etc

Kay is about you should know her she is a oldie…sorry Kay…lol

Hemmy is still with us had a break herself for a bit and returned…she’s maintaining now….still keeping with us.

You will soon catch up with the others…we seem to be a bit quiet, people busy and holidays I think……lost a few I think too….

Jean x

Rowena..

When we did our kitchen we didn’t have the tools for the worktop…a friend did it in the end had his arms up his back, I don’t think he really wanted to…..lol…he did kitchens so it was ok.

Keep fingers crossed someone comes to help…🤞🤞

Glad you felt ok after all the rum with no hangover…..the festival looked very different never been to a drinking one….must keep an eye out…take the caravan locally to one.

Hi All

Looks a lovely day here…picking daughter up pm and taking her to the rented house…parking is a nightmare not looking forward to that part, a very cobbled tight street with yellow lines, a very old street of Beverley would just fit a carriage!

Feeling better than yesterday 🤞

Have a good Sunday everyone

Jean x

Fasting me thanks for the remedies I am back on the magnesium and take herbal calms sleeping tablets. It would help if Mr O wasn’t such a massive snorer! Another FD for me so it’s 3 this week. Had a lovelyveve last night with old friends, dinner gin and prosecco as usual, still was up out and training people from 9 I am tough LOL!
    Got rehearsal at 3 outside in the wood have to learn the finale dance then we are running the show.
    WIMBLEDON TOMMORIW HURRAH!
    Hope everyone is good sending love as I am whizzing around xx

Mrs O..
    Well done on your 3 fasts…enjoy going into your wood for rehearsals hope it goes well….looks like you are dancing with the fairies…lol

I HATE WIMBLEDON…I HATE WIMBLEDON…LOL….LOL …..but I like strawberries and cream..

Jean x

I haven’t finished the FD yet save the praise until it’s over! X

Ooh this is great my my partner in crime is back..BIG WELCOME HOME TO MILENA…yeah…Just need Ginette back then the band is back together.. .

Lovely day today. Not fasting at the minute Definitely in holiday mode.. Had a Morrison’s breakfast this morning.. only the little one though not the big breakfast.

Rowena hope u get kitchen sorted out soon..

Back tomorrow good luck all
    I am home on Saturday…

Audrey x

Hi Jean Hi Audrey

aye, we will again be like a hot knife through butter, Audrey – I’m ready for this though I think I will have to ease into the big challenges. Good to hear you are still at the caravan, I know how much you enjoy it!

Sorry to hear Steve isn’t out of the wars yet – tell him I feel him for the knees, mine aren’t getting worse but definitely not getting better and still no solution to the water on my legs – though the doctor was obviously thinking it would be helpful when she said – in a very surprised voice – oh, all you extra weight in in your legs! She hasn’t found a way to reduce them though. Say hi to Steve from me, a stone is only 14 wee pounds, not easy – haven’t met a pound yet that I could ditch easily – every one is like a persistent stalker! but every pound makes a difference to the knee pain of course. Great to hear you are maintaining!!

What happened to Ginette, such a star, did she get to goal? Have a lovely evening all – tomorrow is probably a 5:2 day for most of us, good luck!

Hey MILENA

It’s lovely to have you back.. . Ginette dropped off a while ago… she had a lot of problems with family issues and is still sorting through them I think. She does contact me occasionally but not for a while I may have to try and get hold of her.. .I will also tell mum I have heard from you she often asks if I have heard from my wee Scottish friend who threatened to visit her hehe 😉

I am still struggling on… losing weight then regaining some.. so I could definitely do with my fast buddy again.. I seem to recall we were quite good fasting together so whenever you are ready give me a shout..

Hope everyone is ok. I am possibly fasting tomorrow if I can talk Ian into it… anyone else on board?

Audrey x

Evening All….

Finished eating for today…now starting fasting for tomorrow…how many joining the Monday fast? Audrey and Milena ..Steve and I….anyone else?

I have got daughter settled in Beverley ..a beautiful house really lovely and clean…if anyone remembers last year the house she rented was really filthy and she had to ask the owners to bring house cleaners in to deep clean everything!

She’s a happy bunny this time..

Jean x

Milena..
    Steve’s two partial knees both done together..one was better than the other…he thought the surgeon did one and his apprentice did the other…lol

Unfortunately the better knee giving him pain now…the apprentices knee has degenerated more…can’t win …maybe in time he will have to have two full new knees, he should of had them the first time round.

He’s mobile but limps well..we both do..it’s an age thing…

We will soon have you back on board again…nice to have you back…

Jean x

Hi all, just a quick post.

Things were going well….then last night my brother got admitted to hospital..he only went to A and E with an insect bite which had got infected and he had cellulitis but they routinely checked his blood pressure and it was dangerously high, so bad they kept him in. Hes back home but it was a wake up call to lose some weight 🙁
    Then my niece who is about 25 weeks pregnant hadnt felt baby move for few days so went to get checked out…all ok there.
    And I just discovered my nephew who has rectal cancer, is having more chemo as they have found 2 tumours in his lung..

Bloody hell….life is fragile isnt it.

I just didnt want to count calories today, although probably had all the more reason to get on with this and get healthy.

Ok reset…fast tomorrow with you all…

Oh my word Kay, that’s a lot to deal with *hugs to you* Life is indeed very fragile, we should never take it for granted. Puts my Monday blues into perspective for sure xx

Hope everyone else is ok. I didn’t make it into work Friday due to this horrible muscle strain, I was in a bad way. Rested a lot this weekend, so although still sore, feeling much better.

Fasting with you guys today xx

Good morning F B Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Well… there you go girls… easy ..eating.. not with in that 8 hr window and I have put on 2lbs. Lol.. Oh dear.

Just goes to show how quickly it can go on.

Milena … lovely to have you back. You have been missed. xx How is the world of jewellery.. is it a good climate. Xx

Hopefully good weather today… off early walking catch you all laters… Out to lunch and walk about to Stoke Bruerne by the canal. Its very pretty there. Catch up with my bestie.

Brit lovelies… We are all just happy as…. we make up our minds to be. Xx

Morning all

Fast day today this time I am determined to complete it….

Hemmy enjoy your walk, Kay what a lot going on! hugs your way..

Glad I am not fasting alone today I may need a lot of support.

Jean, glad this house is clean, I remember the horrors of last years ….

Milena, mum sends her best, she is glad we have heard from you..😀.

Back later have a great day everybody fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Audrey xx

Morning All…
    A cloudy start here today..

We are doing the Monday fast like a few others….annoyed last night Steve succumbed to 2 pieces of chocolate he just really had the need but we were already fasting ☹️…I Didn’t!

A couple of days to ourself, eye test this morning put it off as I don’t want to pay for new glasses my reading part not so good…break the morning up over lunch…

Kay…
    What a lot going on for you…it does make you think a bit…hope it settles down…

DF..
    Still not so good hoping the rest has helped you over the weekend…my back and throats still knocking about better but not gone..😬

Hemmy..
    Enjoy your lunch with your bestie…. a walk by the canal sounds lovely….I do like being by the water…

We like you 2 lbs up but not eaten 7000 calories extra…we will weigh in Friday…missed a week as with the family all about and couldn’t get on the scales at right time….not too worried but I don’t want 2 lbs up next week!

Audrey…
    Let’s do it today….shout if you need any help….enjoy the tennis….

Speak later….must dash hair wash and shower….

Jean x

FD yesterday was tough think I did about 600/650 cals but that’s ok as it was 3rd day.
    Jean and Audrey get yourselves through today tomorrow you may feast 🐷
    Kay sorry you have so much to deal with
    Hemmy that 2lbs will fly off
    Have been to allotment came home with beans courgette red onion cucumber lots of herbs going to throw most of it into a lentil salad with mozzarella. Have also got strawberries and cream for my Wimbledon treat
    Off to see the RSC production of Queen Anne tonight can’t wait I am so spoilt !
    Have a fabulous day xx
    COME ON ANDY!

I too have got my strawberries ready for Wimbledon… no cream 😭😭.. it is a fast day after all!

Going strong no problems so far so good, hope everybody is ok..

Audrey x

Hi All…

We are ok so far….coffee just now…I have cooked my ham for this evening with salad…

My glasses need changing….what a price they seem to have gone up a lot…£350 for two pairs with extras costing more…£250 for one pair, vairafocals…thought sod it took my prescription to another shop £550 for one pair…looks like I am going back to Specsaver’s!!

Need my contacts in as I can’t see what I am buying…lol..maybe go again tomorrow…couldn’t find anything extra special….All look the same…

Does anybody go anywhere else for a better deal?

Mrs O..
    Looks like a good crop of vegetables…well done

Audrey and Mrs O…
    Enjoy your strawberries…and cheer on…lol

Jean x

Jean

Try the supermarkets that have opticians in them… got mine at Tesco…

Have a good day.. got to get back to tennis… c’mon ANDY

Audrey x

Hi all,

Can anyone help, i’m on a fast day today, and went a bit dizzy before, does this happen?

HI All – part way through a Holiday Club day…crazy characters, mad challenges, amazing baking! Oh well! Going to try the 16:8 but with eating a huge protein filled breakfast, and then gradually getting less and less until my 8 hours are up and not eating from after a late lunch…see how that goes, given they offer to give us an evening meal as well!

Kay – really hope today has been calmer for you.

Mx

John…

People can be dizzy on a fast day….

Up your water intake…also have a bit of salt on the end of your finger…a cube of oxo as a drink in hot water, not as bad as it sounds a few of us have that..

Hope it works…

Jean x

Hi,

How do you mean with the salt on the end of my finger?

John…
    Sorry…lick your finger dip in salt and eat it…lacking in salt in your body..two or three dips…lol..see if it helps….oxo drink is possibly the best..

Xx

Hi Symba,

That seems to have worked, thank you

That’s good..I often feel dizzy…my blood pressure goes low on a FD…doc said drink plenty of water…which I must do…but I don’t ..I try…

X

Hi all

and especially to your mum Audrey – it would be nice to come over sometime, will certainly get it sorted, sitting around a lot, the jewellery is going great guns but not doing fairs just concentrating on good ole ebay – which means not much travelling or lugging of boxes and tables – so I’m about to put on the fitbit and get back up to my 10000 steps – might take me a month or six to get there though. Willie and Robert are well, both prepping cars for racing next season, its a pity I will be too busy making the money to go with them – that’s me preparing my excuses anyway, nowt colder than racetracks, and I miss not racing my 2CV.

Well, back in harness, though the porridge for breakfast was done half and half with milk – and even a teaspoon of cream, but made it through without lunch and having stir fry for tea. Going out for an Argentinian steak later in the week, so no wine until then – of course no wine today as its a fast day – though I have been known to forego actual food on a fast day for a couple of glasses of wine in the past -obviously not to be recommended – very naughty – unless it is VERY good quality wine!!!

Give me a couple of weeks and I’ll see how I cope with an odd 48 hour fast!

Sorry to hear about Ginette, I know her family problems are profound. Hope there is a light for you Kay, might I suggest bach flower remedies for you, star of Bethlehem, perhaps mimulus and also for Steve, Jean, olive and sweet chestnut. You might remember I am a huge fan after using them on my animals for many years. Worth a read about them.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Well I managed my FD just about! Calories were probably just a bit over, but my eating window was onlp 3 hours.

Everything calm today.

Hope everyone is Ok?

Bach flower remedies…anything I can use with Ellie my dog who has skin lymphoma…

Morning.
    FD for me today. Did 16.8 yesterday but ate a few unnecessary things in that window. Long day for me before I eat. Got hair appointment after work so won’t be home til after 730.
    Really tired. Think I’m ready to break up. Need a longer battery recharge than the weekend.
    Anyone fasting today with me?

Morning lovelies, dull day here, can’t believe its July!

NFD for me. Yesterday was ok, but I was SO hungry come the evening. Some FD’s are a doddle, some are a struggle. I did it though 🙂

Have a great day everyone, stay strong fasters!

xx

Morning Sheera….yes I’m with you…fasting all day as not home until 5pm then out to vets for 5.45 so no food until 7ish.
    Not long before the break…hang on in there…

Morning All…

A dull start here….going to another town to look for some glasses frames see if anything different…put my contacts in so I can see better…

Fast day went well….I am counting no calories at the moment, hoping to keep it low enough when needed…I must know now after 20 months but if the weight starts to rise I will be back on MFP.

Kay…
    Hoping Ellie goes well at the vets and she continues to be stable…🤞..well done on the FD ..

Milena..
    Glad the day went well and you are back in the saddle…I wear my Fitbit more like 6,000 steps a day…must look at the herbs…are they from Holland and Barrett or make them up yourself?

DF..
    Last week we were so hungry…yesterday was ok ….I think if you have eaten a lot on NFD’s that then causes the hunger as you pull back….

Rowena…
    A long day for you….not long to your break…not only you daughter is at breaking point!…very stressful job.

Audrey…
    All sat waiting for the tennis…lol

John..
    Hope the dizziness calmed down for you and you had a good FD..

Jean x

FD firm me today
    Queen Anne last night was very interesting had a great eve. That’s it for socialising for the next three weeks as the show starts next Friday 14th so test will take up all my time alongside tennis!

Morning all
    Good fast day yesterday scales show 3lb up..😔 this morning.. .

Been out shopping this morning back in time for lunch and Tennis!!

Back tomorrow have a good day everyone

Audrey x

Hy Symba – they are flower essences, a memory – so not as easy to understand as herbs, boots or Holland and barret

Kay, look at your dog’s mood – it visiting the vet is a problem, mimulus, fear of known things, crab apple for cleansing, mustard for gloom. They work on emotions.

If there are sores or skin breaks, aloe vera is always good, if the dogs licks off the aloe vera, it is good for settling tummies, so fine to eat. Good luck and have a look at they for yourself too, an ill animal is always stressful.

Got through the first one! Argentinian steak house visit is off, so I might be able to get through the week without booze! The person who invents zero calorie wine will be a zillionaire in no time.

Have a good day all, especially if you are fasting.

First time ever I have abandoned a FD. So this week will be 2 not huge planned 3. Am tired and hungry and need to listen to my body x

Mrs O

Just have a low day sit down and enjoy the tennis… no point in trying to fast if your head or body isn’t in the mood…

Next fast day will be better..

MILENA glad your first fast day went ok. Shout if you want a fast buddy .. .

Aud x

already got one – you Aud!

Hi All…

Found some glasses…so expensive but if you divide the days over two years I suppose not…lol…seem to have gone up a lot…..

I have to go back next Tuesday to have the prescription checked with the optician then proceed with the glasses.

Mrs O…
    You roll out these plays very quickly….is there lots of lines to learn? Enjoy the tennis….🏸

Audrey…
    These weeks away in the caravan are a nightmare…hard to be good…….

We are away hopefully Friday back Monday just waiting for confirmation from the site…Katie’s off to York to see a school friend for weekend so we are making the most to get away with the caravan.

Enjoy the tennis..🏸

Milena…
    I will look at the flower essence…a new one to me…

Jean x

Audrey that’s what I am doing, just spent ages writing my weekly e mail and it’s got lost in cyber space do not know what has happened. Normally write all my plans on a tues but am leaving everything until tomo. Got a builder coming around soon to quote need lots of work doing.

Jean are society does 5 shows a year they are like buses there can be ages where there are no suitable parts or you don’t want to be involved then two come back to back. Having a break after this one x

Viewing 50 posts - 12,951 through 13,000 (of 35,458 total)

You must be logged in to reply.