Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,922 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Manuela1488 27 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,901 through 12,950 (of 35,409 total)

• FD for me today too I need it!

Morning All…
    A miserable start…

Worked through the back pain yesterday…woke up quite stiff and painful again, sitting and laying is the problem..strange for me…jobs to do today and shopping so it will have to improve again…

Daughter and children coming tomorrow…πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§ + 1 = 4…πŸ˜€

DF..
    Hope you improve…we will limp along together…lol

Rowena..
    Good luck on your observations today…my daughter hates them on her self…but does them to others…possibly like you…

Audrey…
    Rest and enjoy the next of tennis will soon be with you….

Good luck on the fasters today, Rowena, Kay and Mrs O.

Hemmy…
    Have a good day…whatever you are doing…

Lynne…
    Thinking of you…hope Phils home

Sarah..
    Are you back off holiday yet?

Jean x

Just been for my lunchtime walk, but really struggled with the pain πŸ™ Seems to be getting worse!

Jean – I hope your managing ok. Quite honestly, there’s nothing worse than back pain. Take care xx

Mrs O – Hope your FD going well .. half way through now πŸ™‚

Have a good afternoon, I’ll be glad to get home for a long soak in a hot bath!

xx

Hope the fasters are going fine…

We have got the cleaning done this morning..as we say only a quick whizz bang as all done well the other day……while I have got moving I am fine…if I sit the stiffness returns, had some tablets now…

Shopping shortly…making a cake later and preparing the pastry today for the quiche tomorrow..

Getting excited now….looking forward for catch ups…πŸ˜€

DF..
    Hope you are improving difficult if sitting at work…

Jean x

Hello Everyone,

I’m from Macclesfield, just started my first day today. Feeling a tad hungry right now!!! I will power through!!

Hi all. Not enjoyed today. Feeling horrifically anxious. Just got home. Got food heating up. Still on bl@@dy microwave meals. Sorry for being down.

Hi Sheera. Just rejoined after a couple of days. I hope food has taken the edge off the anxiety.

Hi All..

Hope all the fasters are doing well today should be finished now…well done

Rowena..
    Hope you soon pick up…kitchen done and finished and you can start feeling excited…hard to have the right food when upside down…I am sure the observations went well…nearly finished for the day..hold strong..

DF..
    I seem to have worked through the pain again thank goodness with lots to do….hope you are feeling better too and managed your day…

Welcome…John and Blaise…hope you are both doing well today….keep popping by..

Jean x

Hi.
    The kitchen is issue after issue. They sent the wrong sink so it doesn’t fit. The cooker and hob don’t fit properly. We went in to magnet and as the woman wasn’t there they said she’d call first thing. She didn’t so by 2pm oh went back in. Apparently she wasn’t at all pleasant or helpful. Swapping the sink and admitted the oven casing is wrong but not a fat lot we can do. Difficult to explain here. So still no light at end of tunnel.
    Regarding everything else I have just slipped into an absolute blackness. Happens every so often. I could write a book with my knowledge about it and different strategies but when it happens and the strategies don’t work it’s no so easy. On a positive note, previously I’d have pigged out. Today I had 500 cals.

Rowena all I can do is send you a hug (())
    Well done on the 500 cals you and me both only tougher for you today. You must be so strong to stay focused with all you are dealing with you have my admiration xx

Thanks Mrs O. Hug very welcome.

It’s a new day. I will make every effort to think positively in car on way to work to set the day up in a better frame of mind.
    Nfd for me but doing 16.8

I need to catch up properly but just popping by to say my attempt at a FD on Monday was disastrous! And my hope of fasting today is gone – it’s 6.30 and I’ve already been eating. I’ve not even been able to curb it to 16:8… BUT, it has been genuine hunger – even now I can hear my stomach going berserk- and after a spot of googling I’ve discovered that serious hunger pangs are a side effect of the steroids I’ve been taking since my allergic reaction last week (weight gain and water retention are another side effect – joy!).

Yesterday was my last day on them so I’m going to ride out the rest of the week as best I can, and similarly next week when I have guests staying. If nothing else I can hopefully hold steady until I have the space to get back into the swing of things.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards!

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you. Xx

Internet playing up so had a day yesterday of getting more things done. Lol.

So far we have had no rain here. Lawns getting a bit straw like.

Shera … hope you have a better day. Slow down and slow deep breathing. Xx

MJ… don’t panic… just as you say ride it out. You know you can do it. Xx

Best wishes to all new friends that have arrived. Xx

Sym… have a good day with your family. Xx

Brit lovelies…

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” Xx

Sorry quick post today

Rowena hope today is a better day than yesterday.. . Hugs your way..

Love to all lots happening here got to dash sorry

Audrey x

Hi All – sorry I’ve been AWOL…life has just got on top of me. I’ve been keeping to the 16:8, at least, but no weight-loss. Just too much to do. I’ll try to read back, and maybe get a grip on things again…but to be honest, the next 10 days are jammed, and then I’m camping for a couple of weeks, so don’t expect to be able to keep on top of either the thread or the food!

Anyway, thought I’d let you know I’m alive and kicking…just!

Mx

Morning All…

A rainy day like most places today…

Like a few of us going to be a busy month but I will be by and hopefully fitting FD’s in…just waiting for the arrivals…lol

Rowena..
    Hoping you are holding it together and things calm down…hoping you can get the replacements for the kitchen quickly…

Minols..
    Nice you have popped by…getting ready for your lead up to holidays…don’t do too much..

Hemmy..
    Hope you get the internet sorted out…you miss it when not right. I think rain is on the way our garden is desperate for it….we won’t be at the park today..☹️

MJ…
    Enjoy your guests and hope everything calms down for you….steroids are not good as you say for weight gain…see how you are after your guests have left…get back on track…

Mrs O..
    Strange when some FD’s are harder than others…..some are a breeze..

Kay…
    Are you about or just busy….keep on track…

Sarah..
    You are back off holiday…are you coming back to us?….how are you feeling…

Audrey…
    Have a lovely day…you sound busy…

A fair few people missing…hopefully just busy…or some left us?

Ellie, Lynne, Carol, Tammy, Angela…have I missed anyone?

Jean x

Hi everyone πŸ™‚

Jean, I’ve noticed a few of our gang missing too. Tammy, Clare, Angela to name a few. I hope they’re all ok. Busy most probably, like you say …

Its a NFD for me. I’m struggling so much with this pain, its making me so queasy today. Didn’t attempt any exercise this morning!

I’m at the lowest weight I’ve been in years, so its coming off slowly and I’m getting there. Need to be lower though. I’m like 3lb from my first goal of 14lbs down. Its slow, but hopefully it should stay off that way.

Its been raining all day here too.

xx

I don’t know about everyone else, but this month seems to have been going on forever!

I’ll be glad to see July, and hopefully some sunshine πŸ™‚

Tempted to join the July challenge, do any of my friends here participate in that, and does it help with motivation? I’m assuming it does πŸ™‚ x

Turns out I was hormonal yesterday why do I never make the connection!
    NFD today and tomo for me another FD Friday just had lovely home made tomato soup and am trying spicy ribs in the slow cooker for after boxing tonight haven’t done them before.
    Just sneakily watching Eastbourne tennis, have a lovely day xx

http://overallfit.co.uk/working-out-in-the-heat/

My latest blog about hot weather there is an explanation about water retention. I know it’s not hot now but the weather might heat up again x

Jean – today’s the day! I hope you have the most fantastic time!

Dragonfly – sorry you’re in pain. But good news about the loss. Slow and steady is the best way to be sure it stays off.

Rowena – so sorry how things are going. They’ll improve, I promise!
    Hi John – welcome along.

FD for me today. I’m up and back to normal again, yahoo! I’ve been spending the past few days trawling job websites, and think I have potential internships in mind. Abroad…!

Hope everyone is well x

Hi. Thanks so much for your lovely thoughts. Have had a positive day and mood has lifted. Sort of did 16.8 but did eat some unnecessary things in the time.
    A level moderation tomorrow so I’m off timetable all day. Will hide away once I’ve set the work up getting sruff done off my enormous list of things to do.
    FD tomorrow.

Hi all πŸ™‚

Its finally raining here and looks like its in for the duration….

I did my FD yesterday and have another one planned for tomorrow. I was hoping that I could stick to 500 today too, but nope that didnt work! Just about managed 16:8 though.
    My weight is way up. I dont seem to have the control at the moment. I was trying to get down a bit before my trip up north to see family and friends, but I only have a week to go….still that should give me the opportunity to at least get this gain back off! Focus….focus….focus…

Jean, you will be busy now that the family have arrived. Enjoy πŸ™‚

Aud, you sound busy too now that Ians joined you.

Rowena, hope you are feeling a bit better. I do hope you get your kitchen sorted, it sounds a bit of a nightmare πŸ™

DF, hope you feel better soon. Well done on the weight loss. You have done brilliantly.

Ellie, how did the fast go? Job ideas sound intersting πŸ™‚

Hemmy, hope you get the internet sorted. Still maintaining ok?

MJ, hopefully you will be soon back to normal and back in track.

Minols, glad to hear you are ok and just busy as usual, or should that read busier?! You know where we are.

Blaise and John, welcome, let us know how you are finding it and how its going for you.

Mrs O, hope you slow cooker ribs go ok.

Come on, those of us who arent away or got visitors, we need to stick together and be strong….lets start July in a good way πŸ™‚

Quick post…2 bottles of wines, cake, buns..large chicken dinner…lots of catch up..lots of fun with the children…sh sh all quiet now…

No weigh in this week….lol… we will see…

Catch you when I can….

Jean x

Morning All…

Dull but fine…

Steve and I up early with two youngest watching kids TV…others having a sleep in…

We are going to try and fast Friday as visitors are going down to Stamford Bridge to see an old Dubai work colleague coming back Sunday.

DF..
    Hope you are feeling better today not good feeling queasy…well done at your lowest..

I did join in one of the challenges a while ago but posting on here and there was a lot of typing…you have to keep up with the thread..I was on holiday a week too…again then a lot of people 35 + they have been together now well over a year…our 12 + takes me just to keep up with everyone…give it a go.

Mrs O..
    I will look at the blog when I get a settled moment..( all quiet now…lol) sounds interesting nice to know why.

Ellie…
    Good look on the search for your job…hope it’s an interesting one….abroad sounds good..πŸ˜€

Rowena..
    Work through your list…soon be summer break….feel positive..

Kay..
    I feel my weight will be out of control a month for me is a long time…..so I know how you feel…a lovely weeks visit with your family…special moments which we have to go with the flow…we will get back on board when we can…just a lovely break off work….

Blaise and John hoping you are finding it not too hard…shout for any help ..keep popping by..

Audrey..
    Hope you enjoyed your busy day yesterday…hope it was doing nice things…

Hemmy..
    Shopping day today? And lunch? If it is have a good one…

Minols…
    A busy girl don’t do too much…holiday soon…

A very dull here hoping to get to the park later… see what else they want to do…nice to relax they have been really busy..

Have a lovely day whatever you are up to….

Jean x

Morning all,

Just on my second fast day, just having breakfast, chicken and egg!! haha

Mrs O…
    Love the idea on gin in the freezer….now you have let your secret out….lol..lol…good blog.

John…
    Chicken and egg!…for breakfast…oh no…lol…have a good FD

We are doing ours tomorrow this week…I will miss my Thursday fast with everyone.

Xx

Gin or vodka are best kept in the freezer!!

Yes I know chicken and egg!!! Haha

Morning everyone and welcome John! πŸ™‚

I’m fasting today and looking forward to it.

How many of you guys are on FB? I’d love to add you as friends πŸ™‚ Its mostly posts about camper outings and car shows that I put on there, but it would be nice to have you for company πŸ™‚

Have a great day everyone xx

Right weight still up so I’m going to try something…each day for the next 7 days I am going to declare my plan for the day and be accountable to you all. Just slightly more accountable than just saying I’m fasting etc.

Last Friday I was 10st 1.5 Tuesday I was 10st 7.5!! And today I’m 10st 5.5! I know I was indulgent over the weekend but really?!

So today, Day 1, I am fasting. This means no food at all during the day and evening. Fluids will be water, sugar free squash, herb teas and black coffee. And bed at 10pm.
    Back later to report in. Wish me luck πŸ™‚

Anyone else fasting today?

Still raining here!

Have a good day everyone. And for those who haven’t been so good, hope you are feeling better.

DF, there are a few of us on FB. I’m Kay Parry. Profile pic is a selfie with my dog Ellie as my cover photo!

X

Hi Kay,

Yes I am on a fast day.

Thanks Kay .. look out for a friend request from another Kay lol x

Few of us fasting today πŸ™‚

My facebook is John Burrowes, Winston Churchhill picture

Thanks John! I’ll be on FB at lunch so will add. Nice to have new friends on there πŸ™‚

Hi. FD for me.

Hi all

DF have you sent me a friend’s request? I have not accepted as I wasn’t sure who you were?

If you have please send me another…

Non fast day for us… fish n chips and donuts for lunch… don’t ask was all Ian…

Back later

Oops nearly forgot welcome John

Aud x

Hi Audrey,

I did send one, but then deleted it as I panicked that it wasn’t you! I will re send lol.

I did the same with Jean and Sarah too! πŸ˜€

xx

Rowena – it’s good to hear you sounding more positive. Good luck with the moderation today.

Kay – don’t worry about it, you will get that motivation back before you know it. Accountability is key. Good luck with the fast today. My fast was okay yesterday actually – I wasn’t too hungry so it’s always easier that way. I’ve stopped counting calories on my FDs at the moment as it makes it easier to fit in with my parents. I just snack on raw vegetables during the day and have a smaller sized evening meal, skipping dessert.

Jean – food and wine, living the dream… The job’s back in Brussels, where I was living last year. I loved it at the time but not being there any more is making me realise how much I did.

Audrey – that sounds absolutely ideal. Donuts! Love them.

John – good luck fasting today. It gets easier!

NFD today, and weighed in at my lowest! This has been my longest and most consistent downward trend I’ve ever had. Calorie counting had me down in the past, but I’d bounce back up when I ate normally again. So while my loss has slowed down over the last month of parties and holidays, it’s not gone back up! I think I’ve broken through to a new β€˜normal’! This is also the first time I’ve not set a deadline. I’m in this for the long haul and my mentality is just so different.
    x

DF…I have accepted your friend request…jean x

DF I too have accepted your friends request. I am originally from Bacup… small world isn’t it, my family are all still in the valley..

Aud x

Hi all, a bit quiet on here today.

Fellow fasters…DF, John, Rowena how did it go?

Mine went accordingly to plan πŸ™‚

No food since last night. Just watching end of a programme then off to bed.
    Tomorrow Im at work until 2 so no food until I come home.
    Need to work out the plan for tomorrow, so far Im thinking of a 16:8 and TDEE, but I need to work out the overall plan for next 3 days, so I keep within the calorie boundaries πŸ™‚

Morning. Fast was successful kaye. 511 cals.
    Just about to do morning meditation. Very busy day ahead. Got pmt too so feeling off. We’re going to a rum festival in bham tomorrow. The ticket was one of the presents I bought oh for his birthday.
    16.8 today thought could eat eat eat right now!!!

Morning all,

Well, my first week, and it seems I have lost 8lbs!!! Cannot believe it!!!! πŸ™‚

Well done John that’s fab
    FD for me today I feel shattered if I wasn’t self employed I would take the day off but it’s too late to cancel clients. Normally start at 8 on Friday thank giad it’s a 9 start today. It’s not like me am so rarely ill

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Well done John … 8lb that’s brilliant well done. A singing and dancing week-end for you then. Lol. Xx

All quiet here .. looks like a few have gone missing … hope they are all doing ok. Xx

Loving the 8 hour window… realised things are all habit forming. Lol… Now a giant cup of coffee is all I need till 1pm. Its taken me all these years to realize ” you don’t have to have breakfast “.

Weight stable daily which is lovely …so happy I found this forum and this way of life. Xx

Brit lovelies… Don’t let success go to your heads or failure go to your hearts. Xx

Morning all

Fast day for me after the excess of food yesterday… tummy very upset. 😡😡

The weather is awful here…

John well done an amazing loss

Back later

Audrey x

Morning All…
    A dull start but should improve…

We have had a bad two days food wise…but we will be on our own this afternoon…away to Manchester Saturday to see Steve’s daughter not very well at all and needs support and a plan of action…long term..☹️

All go at the moment I must get on the scales and see the damage can’t when everyone is about..I don’t look good naked !!…lol

It will be a funny month hoping not to gain too much over 4 weeks.

John …
    That’s an amazing loss you will ge dancing in the street…πŸ˜€

Kay…
    Glad you have a plan of action and seems to be working ..well done..I will be joining you..lol

Mrs O..
    Hoping you feel better after your clients…gave a relaxing day later…

Rowena…
    Hope you too feel better soon….enjoy your birthday festival tomorrow..

Hemmy…
    It’s a breeze for you ….I don’t think I am so stable …I will get there….wish I could do the 8 hour window, it doesn’t work with Steve at my side…

Love the quote..

Audrey…
    Have a good FD today…hope your tum settles..

Must go a bit busy here…phew…πŸ˜‚…where’s my peace and quiet…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…

Jean x

Hi All…

Peace reigns here….lol

It’s been lovely having them but the weather hasn’t been great….cleared up a bit yesterday and ventured to the park…

Collect her on Sunday from Doncaster station and take her up to the rented house at Beverley and settle her in..

Calling it a draw this week only managed one fast…going out to our fish restaurant tonight, busy tomorrow and Sunday…

Hope to join the fasters Monday.

Audrey, Rowena and Mrs O….hoping you are feeling better as the day progresses..

Have a good day today leading into the weekend …some better weather arriving..

Jean x

Hi all – the boy is watching the Hobbit so I have a few minutes peace while the tumble drier whirs in the background. Summer hols have started here, so the boy has been dragged round my ‘chores’ this morning…he’s been really good, as well as coming to a long big meeting last night cos OH is away…need ot think of a wee treat for him!

The next few days are all go – but exciting for us as we transform the whole church into a mystical venue for the Holiday Club next week…great fun this morning hiding a powerful spotlight in the font and draping the hood with flame colours before hoisting it high to make a ‘beam’ of light…it’ll be interesting to hear the comments on Sunday! And the pulpit is draped in gauzy/fuzzy golden curtains (so glad my sister bought a show-home and hated the style statements they left her with!) and fairy lights…and then of course there are the panels of minarets and spires hung all around the apse…it’s been hard work, but now it’s all coming together I can’t wait until the kids arrive on Sunday/Monday and we start kicking off all the activities and dramas.

So that will pretty much be my life for the next 10 days…I’ll try to fast on Sunday (mainly because we have a team reunion BBQ but I think we’ve under-catered so it will be ‘family hold back’ and I’ll flit about and avoid wolfing down the sausages. The key thing is going to be to avoid going for cheap instant sugar hits…I know it effects my mood, is a disaster for keeping my eating under control…but we have some seriously good bakers who keep the team well supplied – I’ll need to channel my inner Nancy Reagan (I think?) – Just say NO!

I’ll try and keep tabs on everyone else’s exploits(Rowena…you have my sympathies re the kitchen, and Jean – family visitations are just brilliant), and I’ll try to type a bit, too…as we all know, keeping in touch here helps our resolve when it comes to keeping control everywhere else.

Mx

Sorry all

No fast here again… Ian definitely in holiday mode!!

Back tomorrow good luck all

Have a good weekend

Audrey x

Viewing 50 posts - 12,901 through 12,950 (of 35,409 total)

You must be logged in to reply.