Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,935 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 10 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,001 through 13,050 (of 35,422 total)

• HI all
    Struggling to keep my food intake down, but moving about constantly, so hopefully there will be no damage from this week…and then away camping for 2 – essentially, if I can stay somewhere between 11 and 11.5 between now and the end of July, I should consider it a result, and then get back into harness properly in August. Just can’t quite believe how quickly the year is going.

Jean – looking at you through my new varifocals…likewise, couldn’t believe it was 2 years since my last pair. These are wider, and things seem to move around a bit more…hopefully it’s just a question of getting used to the new prescription because I hate dealing with things that aren’t right – it’s so hard to explain to the professionals that ‘they just don’t work properly’!

Right, I have a precious hour of computer time while the younger team members run the children ragged for the last activity session of the day – I’d better make the most of it!

Mx

Minols..

Hoping your glasses stop jumping about…lol

Asking around to re glaze my readers as frames are fine….again between Β£40 and Β£60…found a place on line for Β£15…. just a thought for anyone else….just send your prescription..

Enjoy your camping holiday….which area are you going, staying in Scotland?…(ish)

Jean x

Hi everyone! Long time no see from me! I’m working at Wimbledon at the moment and my entire life is getting up, 1hr 40 commute, all day there, back home again, dinner, shower, bed and repeat. It’s exhausting but I am absolutely loving it!

Just dropping in quickly now before I’m off again tomorrow morning. I’m still going with my fasting – did Monday and tomorrow and Friday will be FDs too. Loss is slow but it just doesn’t feel like a diet any more – in my head, some days I just choose to eat less. This is the first time I’ve enjoyed loss being slow because I know this time round, it’s gone for good.

Kay – really scary news for you about your brother and nephew. Hope things are improving as best they can.

My best to all of you and sorry for being so brief. Hope you’re all well x

Morning all

Quick post from me sorry, we are off out for the day trip round the island plus a trip for fish n chips non fast day for me!

Hope everyone is ok.

Back later have a great day everybody

Audrey xx

Morning All…

A cloudy day but warm…

Going to take Katie and children into Hull to a really large park today…..boating lake, small animal zoo? ( maybe) Cafe and lots of space to run….really up my steps today hopefully…years since I have been..

Steve’s motorbike in bits now whole again ….going for a MOT..🀞..

Ellie…
    You sound very busy…are you making Audrey and Mr O jealous on purpose…Wimbledon lovers…I am afraid it would be my worse nightmare…..but I can see it exciting for others…enjoy.

Don’t leave us keep popping by…all is quiet on here…

Audrey…
    Enjoy the island and day out and about…..Steve used to have all his holidays as a child at Benllech Bay…he has taken me but it’s a bit far….a lovely bay…

Is it anywhere near where you are?

Must dash speak later pm….

Jean x

Hi all πŸ™‚

Ellie, you sound so busy, but glad you’re enjoying it .. have a great day xx

Audrey, enjoy your day, sounds lovely .. and fish and chips too πŸ˜€ xx

Jean, have a lovely day, I used to love taking my son to places like that when he was younger, enjoy! xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Take care x

Good afternoon FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Another beautiful summers day… everything looks so colourful and bright… just love to feel the sun on my back. Lol.

Minois .. you always sound so busy busy. Take care the sun can also be very tiring when working. Xx

Ende … how very exciting for you. Just go easy on the strawberries cream.. and champagne. Lol

Lovely to have such a change after the studying … although its probably hard work at Wimbledon but fun also. Enjoy yourself. Xx

Audrey … enjoy your day… hope your fish n chips are better than the ones I had on Monday. xx

Sym… Sounds like an active day planned with family. Lovely to see and hear children enjoying themselves. Also a nice time for you to catch up with Kate too.

My car is due MOT Friday too…. so cleaning it all this week .. bit by bit. Lolol. Hate the job. But begrudge paying out for something I can do myself. Lol. Lets hope The bike and my car sail through. Xx

D F How are things with you. Are you feeling more settled.
    Touch wood all my anxiety seems to have faded.

Maybe a milestone of 5yrs coming out of grieving. Fingers crossed. Xx

Well girls … I have lost that 2 lbs I gained at the week-end coming out of my 8 hr window eating. Pleased.

Monday had a nice catchup with my friend. Lovely setting big pub/ restaurant by the locks on the canal.

Unfortunately the food was rubbish … happening often now at new places. Both had Fish chips and peas. Fish was dry.. tasteless thick coated with batter.. chips white again tasteless… and cheap pes. that a glass of house red Β£14 . Awful.

Seems the days of someone coming up and asking if everything is ok.. are few and far between. Plus also hate this paying in a queue upfront.

Oh dear … must be getting old. Lolol.

Hope everyone is doing ok… and happy. Xx

Brit lovelies…

If you stumble, be your own best friend.
    Don’t beat yourself up, that will erode your self-esteem. Be a kind and supportive friend to yourself instead.
    Ask yourself: How would my friend/parent support me and help me in this situation?
    And then do things and talk to yourself like he or she would.
    And remember to ask yourself what you can learn from your stumble and if there is an opportunity in this situation. Then take that new knowledge you gain and move forward once again. Xx

Hi Hemmy πŸ™‚ Hope your enjoying this lovely weather πŸ™‚ I have good and bad days to be honest, trying to make more good if at all possible. Anxiety is a horrible thing, I’m so glad yours has faded .. fingers crossed for mine. Just have to keep working on it .. I’ll get there *hugs*

I love the quote/words of wisdom today πŸ™‚ again, so so true!

Evening All..

We have had a lovely day a blast from the past really….the park is much better than last time I went …lovely clean and tidy…a lot of money has been spent on it…

We are having another day tomorrow together although thunder showers about…we are trying a petting farm looks like the weather breaking about 4 pm…so maybe the best bet..

A weekend away for us in the caravan just three nights…a bit of us time…not doing much…going Friday back Monday.

Hemmy…
    Anniversarys are hard …you sound much better this time round…it has to be hard…time is a healer the saying goes but it takes some time to come to terms with it…..good look on your car..

The bike went through MOT with flying colours…considering it was in complete bits…he’s a clever lad.

DF..
    Anxiety is awful hoping you get more better days then bad…I had a lot in my previous marriage..

We are so laid back now with no stress at all..we both match up very much and know what each other are thinking…….very tuned in together……..our 4 girls ruffle our feathers sometimes.

Jean x

Morning
    FD for me. Got dentist later for checkup. Then on first aid course all day tomorrow.
    Going to be another hot one today. Have a good one xx

Morning…

Off to the petting farm today….cloudy now…it will have to be jeans I think you sit on bales of straw etc a bit prickly…lol

These are early starts takes me 45 mins to get to Beverley…running a bit late already..

FD for us hoping I can keep on track…Steve playing on bike doing some Treasure Hunt clues, see how the rain goes….

Rowena …
    Good luck at the dentist today….

All have a good day…must dash…

Jean x

Morning πŸ™‚

Shera, I’m fasting with you today. Hope all goes well at the dentist, I have a check up myself on the 18th! x

Jean, thanks .. anxiety is horrible. I’ve also been married before, and during that time I was really bad. Thankfully my partner now understands more, and we are close. I have the occasional bad patch, but I know it passes in time. Its just dealing with it till it does. Hemmy sent me a link to a blog, which has been invaluable to me! Enjoy the petting farm today πŸ™‚ sounds lovely xx

So, FD for me today .. looking forward to it πŸ™‚

Take care guys xx

Morning all

Just back from walk on beach with dogs. Have posted pictures on Facebook for my friends.

Sorry got to dash lots to do… still no fast since Monday weight well up.. sigh!

Back later DF hope things improve soon.. hugs your way.

Aud x

We are on our way up north! Through the Midlands up to Deeside near Chester where we are staying with my mum until Monday. Taking a slow drive with lots of stops so Ellie is ok. Not much food in the car πŸ˜‰ Just a chilled home made skimmed milk latte and a buttered hot cross bun and lots of cold drinks in the cool bag. Just had our first stop, the sun is lovely, shame we are missing it!

Ellie stay hydrated whilst you are busy in this heat.

Jean and Aud enjoy your days.

Hemmy another sunny day. I’ve watered all my plants and baskets and just hope they are ok by Monday!

DF…Ive been there – it’s horrible. I still have the occasional bad day but my meds keep those to a minimum. Fingers crossed those bad ones get less and less.

Laters x

Kay

I will wave at you when we go past Chester on Saturday.. . Have a nice visit and safe journey.

Jean enjoy your time away also from tomorrow it sounds like you may need a break after a few hectic days.

Milena how are you doing?

Hemmy hope you are ok. Thinking of you.❀

Back later

Audrey x

Hi All – just on lunchbreak from the Holiday Club…all good – given I’m not even thinking about the calorie hit in the baking. I’ve decided to just appreciate it this week, keep active and hope the hit isn’t too bad!

Listening to a CD one of the kids gave me of a Song-writing project he took part in with a local musician where the kids wrote about their fears/expectations for secondary school…really good stuff! I fret about it for my wee boy – he still has 3 years to go…is it long enough for me to prepare him for it???? Secondary school kids terrify me…but then, I’m working with some brilliant ones on the team this week, so maybe it’s not as bad as my fears make me feel!

Good luck if you’re managing to fit in a fast day…you’re doing brilliantly!

Mx

Am fasting did a big HITT workout and heavy work in the allotment makes up for the fasting fail on Tuesday. Working out on an empty stomach is hard

Fine Audrey, faffing as usual – still bedding in but looking ok for today – then off somewhere for a couple of days, a surprise for my wedding anniversary. Looking forward to some wine, had none all week.

Ooh have a lovely time and happy anniversary Milena..

Aud x

Evening All…

The rain has arrived, banging and flashing…I do like a good storm…

I have had a good day with the family…petting farm really lovely much larger than the last time, watched the cows being milked..interesting..hay bales for climbing on lots of energy used….lol

FD a disaster …picnic brought, by daughter… homemade small ice cream from the dairy cows…I would call it a low day 1000 cals..😬…that’s 2 FD’s in two weeks…I knew it would be hard. Steve better but still up, a pint of milk through the day….

Kay…
    Have a lovely holiday break with your Mum…hope all was well with Ellie yesterday…I was thinking about you.

Audrey…
    The beach looked lovely…nice walk and clear your head first thing…before you get busy…We are ready for a nothing weekend…lol

Mrs O…
    The allotment will keep you busy…do you freeze the produce or pick and eat….well done on your FD.

Milena…
    Happy anniversary enjoy your break away…🍷🍷…keep popping by…

Minols…
    Enjoy the kids club sounds very busy…

Just getting a few things together away in the caravan tomorrow..a bit of ironing to do…catch up with each other…can’t get Steve in the car with the family…

Have a lovely weekend everybody…will pop by if I have Wi Fi….

Jean x

The ‘light’ evening meal went awry…ran out of time and ended up at KFC. Didn’t eat much but have the most terrible cramping from indigestion. Don’t know if it’s the fries or the coating on the chicken…but really need to remember I can’t do KFC any more! Could be windy around the central belt of Scotland tonight…!

Well done, Mrs O, on gardening through a FD!

Have a great anniversary weekend, Milena.

Only three more sleeps on dry land for me…

Mx

Morning.
    First aid training today 9-430. Successfully completed fd yesterday on 513 cals.
    Good luck to anyone fasting today x

Friday πŸ™‚

Rowena, enjoy your day, and great job on the FD. We did it!

Minols, as always you make me giggle how you write πŸ™‚ I do like KFC, but like you it doesn’t always agree with me πŸ™ Hope your indigestion has settled down now!

Jean, we’ve escaped the storms so far, I’m sure they are due. I hope it waits till I’m tucked up at home later though πŸ™‚

Audrey, have a good day, I’m still smiling from the fact that you recognised Grane Resevoir last night πŸ™‚

Enjoy your days, stay strong to all who are fasting.

xx

Morning All…

A lovely day …storms have past now a good two hours early evening not too bad…rain much wanted…

We have weighed in after two weeks…Steve up 1 lb and me up 2 lbs…not too bad…

Just packing to go away not taking much, three days is quick sorted, two meals and a Haddock and chips meal out we are close to our favourite York restaurant …you just have to don’t you….

Minols…
    Hoping you feel better today and tummy gas settled down…enjoy your holiday…sounds like a boat/ship trip…different to your camping….I do like water…

Rowena..
    A better FD than us…have a good first aid day…

DF..
    Friday is a good day…work finishing have a good weekend…

Have a good weekend…I will try and pop by..

Jean x

Morning all!

Apologies for being awol so long just been so busy the last few weeks! Still been sticking to it but had a couple of big weekends so the weeks have been spent clawing my way back. Pleased to report my weight is down from last time I posted and I’m still (just) in the ‘healthy’ zone.

I’m going to try and go back a few pages but hope everyone is doing ok & I’m sure there are plenty of newbies in the gang so Hello to you!

I’ll try and be around a bit more often

Clare x

Morning

Had long walk on beach today. Coming home tomorrow 😭😭… Had a lovely restful time… not looking forward to weighing in May fast a week then hop onto scales..

Got to dash lots to do. Van to clean grass to cut etc…

DF I remember walking round the reservoir many years ago with dad… happy days and memories. I do miss the hills but don’t miss walking up them!!… didn’t appreciate the views until I left!!

Back later

Audrey x

Afternoon All..

Arrived and settled in… all on our own at the moment…. as Friday others may arrive later.

Strange 160 years ago one of my great great great grandparents were working and living in this village… must have a look around but more like a hamlet.

Audrey..
    Safe journey back hope the weights not too bad but as long as you have enjoyed yourself that’s the main… your beach walks sound really lovely..

Clare..
    Lovely to see you popping back… things do get busy but you have been missed.. quite a few missing..

Glad you are in your maintenance zone.

Very muggy here could do with some rain to lift the air…
    Steak for us tonight on the BBQ, fried onions and new potatoes.. looking forward to it… merlot and beer included..

Jean x

Jean

Enjoy your break away. We have finished cleaning and are now settling down to Wimbledon…

Spaghetti Bolognese for us tonight may have a cheeky glass with it…

Back tomorrow Heather Watson is on now. Then konta then Andy Murray ooh lucky us…full days play. 🎾🎾

Aud x

Hi. Had a good day. Was good to be out of school. Was still on school property but at the business centre down the road so no kids. The bloke who did it had a great sense of humour so had a good laugh.
    Found out my friend/colleague is pregnant. I’m so happy for her but so jealous. She’s 34. I’m so worried at nearly 41 I’ve missed my chance.
    Electrician here. Still having issues with kitchen. Plumbing issues. It’s been 5 weeks now….

Rowena..
    Don’t give up hope my friend had a girl at 41 and a boy at 43…πŸ’•

Glad you had a good different day…

Audrey…
    My steak was lovely on the BBQ merlot even better…I feel like a few days off…

Hope the tennis was good.. you know me no idea.. lol

Very cloudy here a good day tomorrow

Jean x

Good evening FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Another truly hot day… I do love them… a nice breeze this evening though. As yet no rain here … glad I am not on a water meter . Lol

Today I seem to have constantly been watering. A lovely newish couple neighbours .. have gone fishing for a few days… so watering lots of tomatoes and other veg. With a promise of lots of plums from their laden tree.

She is an artist and left me this wonderful thank you card with an ink drawing of them both. I love it.

Sym ..its to be expected that we fluctuate now and again. Not easy to control when we have guests. We must enjoy those times and we can always make up for it later Will be me next week-end with Kristy for 4 days. Lol. No mention of her weight. Lol.

Car went straight through MOT so that’s good for another year … love that car… so does Mr Pips. Lol. Its our 4×4 country dog mobile. Lolol

Enjoy your break… wonderful weather. Xx

Hope everyone in our little corner is doing ok. Xx

Brit lovelies….In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Xx

Hi Hemmy…
    A good deed done and lots of plums sounds like a good deal…

Good news on your car.. relax for another year.

I feel like relaxing it a bit I don’t know why.. put my mind to it when she leaves..I have a bit of stress with my other elder daughter.. drunk a lot of my wine tonight..come away to have us time away from it. Tomorrow is another day.

Hoping Kirsty has lost a bit of weight, nice to have her home again next weekend.

Love the quote.. I will take it on board..

Have a lovely weekend yourself..

Jean x

Sym… Enjoy your wine. Have your me time.. you both deserve it.Xx

Trouble is with the younger ones they always seem to have some drama going on… we get ourselves all stewed up then its all change again.

Things will be as they are meant to be… Xx

Morning all.
    Another beautiful day.
    I’m over the moon. Lost another 2lb so 6lb in 3 weeks. So just 2 FDS a week isn’t enough for me. But with 16.8 on other days it works! !!
    Off to see sister and neice after weight watchers then housework. Then off for a nice meal and cocktails later. Xx

Hemmy..
    Thanks for your kind words.. I think they do drama… I think the problem is her nest is breaking up.. one son living away only home at weekends, the other son 16 growing up…the marriage not the easiest… no one to vent her feelings but me..snappy etc.. I know she doesn’t mean it but it hurts. Younger daughter thinks she’s not happy..

What will be will be..but stressing me and not sleeping well.. when I don’t do stress..

Rowena…
    You have done really well 6 lbs off in three weeks.. it’s brilliant …well done.πŸ˜€

We have been York outlet and Malton looking for a sun hat for me… non in my size ☹️ Will have to go through to Hull….a problem was found with my eyes and the optician said I must wear one when sunny with a brim.

Sat having a read so very hot.. lots of thunder flies about… a bit of a relax..

Have a good weekend everyone..

Jean x

Hi all

I am home safe traffic was pretty clear.

Jean enjoy your time away, just relax.. things have a way of sorting themselves out…

Lots to do now I am home need to dash… not going near the scales!🀣🀣…

Back tomorrow

Love to all gave a good weekend

Audrey xx

Morning All..

A lovely day again greeting us this morning… just lazing around the site today doing nothing.. reading and I am sure a bit of cleaning as I get fidgety…. lol

Last day of eating but lower and fasting tomorrow must get back in the swing.. can’t just blame Katie as she is here…

Heading back tomorrow just a three day quickie.

Audrey..
    Hoping you can get back on track this week and limit the damage.. you have to live..

Have a good day everyone..

Jean x

Hi. Quiet here.
    We had lovely meal last night. Went to monthly greyhound walk earlier. OH then went to Nottingham for a car meet. I’ve just been lounging around. Procrastinating basically. Need to tidy my studio but just can’t bring myself to start. Haha.
    Putting up the art exhibition tomorrow at school ready for the evening on Tuesday when parents can come. I just exhibit the best gcse and all a level work. Always looks really good.
    Have a good evening xx

Hi all

Very quiet on here….. I am fasting tomorrow does anyone fancy a Monday mass fast?

Hope you are all ok

Audrey xx

Good evening FB Brits .. hope all is well with you. Xx

Another lovely day we are so blessed.

The gorgeous smell of lamb chops are in the air, Nothing quite like that smell.

Always a glorious gravy too. Lol.

Sym… We seem to worry none stop about these grown women… Thing is all changes so quickly. We must just say yes and no and agree… lolol

I have had many a week spoilt with a worry of Kristy which never really happens.

Mum in her 90s seems to handle it so much netter Lolol.

Enjoy your last evening both. Xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Very quiet but always seems to be at this time of year.

Brit lovelies…Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not Xx

c

Hi

Morning All..

A rainy start not good when packing away…but we have had the good weather while we have been here…

Sunday night went off with a bang elder daughter went on walkabout for three hours and no one knew where she had gone.. she is so close to a nervous break down.. my ex found her at M-I- L…the top and bottom is a controlling miserable grumpy hubby..but she is blaming everyone but him….I will speak tomorrow as usual give her space unless she rings me.. she is always busy with meetings today.. I think she should go sick but she won’t.. her little ones are leaving her to their next class with the new class arriving for a tester..
    Maybe coming to the head will help.

Audrey..
    We are with you today fasting and with you with the weight on!

Hemmy..
    It’s like passing the ball here between 4 girls yes they are women now..but we only have one at a time with problems.. it’s good we are stress free.. but we get tested a lot.

Lamb chops I can smell them.. one of our favourites..often on a fd but with salad.. like the gravy and yorkshires better.. lol

Hi Alexis come and join us.. your post didn’t arrive …try again.

Well the rain is getting heavy.. speak later when home..

Any more fasting with us and Audrey??

Jean x

Hi .. I’m joining the fast today πŸ™‚

Good luck everyone x

Hi all

I have been on scales… not good news let’s hope it’s quick on quick off again! Milena are you fasting today?

Jean, I hope you manage to sort out daughter such a worry I am here if you need to vent!

DF welcome on board the Monday fast train… let’s do this…

Good luck to everyone today…

Audrey x

Hi All..

A clear run back and earlier than normal…only 50 mins it makes a difference…

We are having a cuppa and then to Lidl a top up food shop..

Keep busy over lunch then keeps your mind off food…eggs tonight…we have eaten three good meals while away, more than we usually do…and too many other things as well….lol….we aren’t usually so naughty..😬

Good luck to the fasters..keep strong….

Jean x

Jean, Audrey how’s it going so far. Half way through πŸ™‚

Quiet on here today .. everyone busy I guess.

xx

Hi DF

I am doing ok just water so far. My salad is sitting made in fridge so I can jump up between sets in tennis later… hehe…

Audrey x

DF..Audrey..

Just got back from shopping…everything going fine…Egg, bacon and tomatoes for dinner a change of plan…

Food seems a long way off….lol

Enjoy the tennis Aud…enjoy work ? DF

Jean x

Hi Jean and DF

I have finished for the day…under 500… I have made some of the banana and cherry ice cream can’t remember who told me about it but it is lovely thank you…

Hope you are both doing ok…

It’s very quiet on here is everyone ok?

Audrey xx

Viewing 50 posts - 13,001 through 13,050 (of 35,422 total)

You must be logged in to reply.