Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,949 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,101 through 12,150 (of 35,436 total)

• Lynne…
    What a great article no wonder I loose weight after my Haddock and chips.πŸ˜‚

Still I would like some whooshing now or very soon….

Xx

Lynne …
    Seriously I have now read all his blog it all it is so interesting…..I realise I am not eating enough and Steve definitely isn’t ….need to change..

Xx

Thank you Jean – I’m doing better. Once I get some things lined up and planned for the next few months I’ll feel more at ease. I’m interested to see what Michael has to say. I saw elsewhere he did a program on sleep and how increasing your probiotics through a psyllium husk fibre supplement can massively improve sleep quality. I need to have a catch up and I’ll let you all know.

Thank you Kay. Things will be fine and I’m having a much more controlled day today, taking lots of care of myself. That’s funny you say that about exams – my dad says he still dreams about doing a levels without having done any revision!
    I’m so sorry about Ellie. Such sad news.

Hemmy – thank you. Things seem brighter now.

Lynne – thank you so much. You’re right… I have so many things I want to do, which is just a little overwhelming. I’ve been making lists today though and just trying to plan a few little things here and there so it’s not so daunting.
    Sounds like a bittersweet visit.. but I hope ended it up being more of the latter.

Sat down in front of Eurovision for the evening. My biggest guilty pleasure!

Can’t say thank you enough for all your kind words xxx

Dear Friends, thank you so much for your very kind words, hugs and support. Those of you who have said change consultant are so right. This one is arrogant and horrible. He seemed to think he could hand me a life changing diagnosis and me not need to ask questions. Luckily there is a national support group amd I have been in touch with them. Going to speak to someone tomorrow about alternative choices. It is not a big pool but this person I am going to speak to told me she was diagnosed 12 years ago. So life continues. I have even joined facebook as they have a group. No idea what I am doing on it yet but still!

I have decided I need a plan to ensure my body and mind stay healthy through treatment.

Had a nice day today with very old dear friends who I can talk to. A lot of support.

Ellie you were so right about the Hockney. I thought it was stunning. Loved evey minute of it and the headsets. Hope you are feeling better now.

Lynne, you have so much to cope with. Your strength is very inspirational.

Kay, so sorry about Ellie. Fingers crossed for her and hugs to you both. She is such a well loved dog.

Going for a magnesium bath now. Feeling calmer and need to sleep tonight as did not sleep at all last night. Need to stay calm and focussed on the plan.

Thank you again for all your support. It makes a big difference xx

Hi. Still not feeling good. Managed to get to hair apt yesterday and enjoyed the pampering. Though at every opportunity I could have fallen asleep.
    Took dog for a walk and popped into local pub. Had 2 rum and diet coke but that was it; when oh had another at home I couldn’t face it and had a lovely cup of tea! Ended up in bed at 9 again.like the night before. Yet I’ve still woken up with headache and feeling lethargic.
    Today it is the monthly greyhound walk. Organised by the trust who work very hard to rehome them – about 50-80 greyhounds go! It’s lovely.
    I may not go to gym this week. Right now i just need to get myself feeling good although I don’t really know what to do!

Thinking of you Sarah and Ellie. And hugs to everyone. Xxx

Morning All..

A bright morning after rain in the night…it will do the gardens good.

Lynne…
    After reading the link….I am going to up the calories on NFDs …just re accessed both our TDEE..it may rise our weight a bit then it should settle down again. It makes sense on what the guy was saying it’s a WOL not a diet.

Ellie…
    Have you thought of the magnesium tablet..( Boots on line 375gr we got them on offer) we take 1 in the evening I am sure it helps us to sleep..a few of us are taking them.

You have nearly finished your exams, not long to go…

Sarah…
    I am glad you have found some groups you can join and get some information from…what you have seems to go down lots of different routes, some better than others, try and keep positive until you have spoken to another medical person who can give you a better understanding of your particular illness. It is easier said then done I know…we are all here to support you…

Rowena…
    Hoping you get on your greyhound walk this evening you always enjoy it….it will be relaxing..

You sound very much like my daughter…I think you are ready for half term, she gets headaches and it also gives her ear problems. It’s so stressful and you are just exhausted.

Have a good everybody

Jean x

Morning all

Sunny day today hurrah… got my washing out on Rota dryer…

Back still a bit sore so supervising the wedding from my chair… hehe lol 😁..

Haven’t been on scales but know I have gained weight must try to be better today although already had bacon butty..

Off now back soon hope everyone is ok

Audrey x

Audrey…
    Busy bee…washing all out…lol

Wedding?

Are you fasting tomorrow….we are…

Have a lovely day

Xx

Sarah – a second opinion with someone more informative is always a huge help, especially someone who seems to have carried on with everything as before. As is finding lots of other people to give you advice, so the Facebook will be so useful for you.
    So glad you liked the Hockney! I absolutely loved the huge canvases of Yorkshire and the 360 video room of the four seasons… so stunning. My mum is going back for her third time this week haha.

Rowena – sounds a little like you’re a bit burnt out, which means you can’t get over it in a few days.. you just have to take it easy for a week or so, including lots of restful baths, cups of teas, sit downs and treats.

Audrey – sorry the back is still giving you grief, but directing from a chair doesn’t sound too bad haha

Jean – I have been thinking about the magnesium, just haven’t got round to popping to the shops for a while. I think upping the calories on NFDs is a good idea. It’ll make it much easier to stick to. Also, I read that if you eat low calorie all the time, your body just gets used to running on less fuel and when you do have a more indulgent day, you can’t burnt it all off. So it’s probably a good thing to try and do. Plus, more food, what’s not to like?!

Back on a FD today. I’m feeling a lot better today again! I’ve sorted some things like some dates for working at my summer job and some dates for seeing my boyfriend again (the long distance has been another thing getting me down). I’m also thinking of popping home next weekend. Since I have a bit gap between my penultimate and final exam and nearly all my friends will be finished, some time back home to revise and have a change of scene sounds very appealing…

X

Hi what a night full house party then got yo bed at 3am! The younger cast members stayed up to 6.30! These were the days have been in the allotment and we are heading out for a roast. I need an early night !

Jean what us the blig you are talking about?

Mrs O..
    Thinking you mean a link Lynne has put on…page before this one…very interesting

Sounds like a good do…us oldies in bed for 10.30…lol…those were the days…

Xx

Believe me I am usually in bed by 10 will probably be 9 tonight!

[post removed]

Evening.
    I have decided not to go to gym this week therefore I am going to try fasting monday Wednesday and Friday.
    Just climbed into bed. Hope to get so sleep. Night xx

Mrs O – sounds like a lot of fun. A far cry from me watching Eurovision in my pyjamas! I need to up my game, clearly haha

Paul – a very energetic weekend by the sounds of it. Good idea not to fast though when doing such regular intense exercise.

Rowena – hope you sleep well, and good luck with this week’s fasts.

Finished up my FD under calories today and very pleased about it! I’m feeling positive that I won’t be inhaling everything under the sun in my NFD tomorrow as I did this weekend (I say now, anyway..). Bed for me now though – just climbed into fresh sheets which always makes me feel like the most accomplished domestic goddess imagineable. Night all!

x

Morning all

Wet and windy day here today and my back has decided to play up again so I am laid out on bench seat for the day!

Don’t think I will manage to fast need to eat to take tablets…

Off now will check back later

Have a good day fast or non fast

Audrey x

Morning .. miserable and rainy here today πŸ™

Hope you all had a good weekend, I need to go back and catch up, so apologies for not replying individually.

One week to work and then I’m off for 2 weeks. Seriously ready now, I can feel it. Got a horrendous migraine on Saturday, I’ve always suffered from them, the ones with visual disturbances, numbness, sickness and even struggling to find words .. its crazy stuff. Feeling better now, although a bit headachy still.

Fasting today, I need to push it this week as I want to lose as much as I can before I go away!

Good luck anyone else fasting today xx

Hugs x

Morning all

FD today, need it as scales showing me 3lb up from Friday lol – some work to do before this Friday!

Had a lovely birthday, boyfriend had written me out an agenda for the day, including taking me shopping for new outfit, although has now declared he isn’t ever taking me shopping again! Meal out at one of my favourite restaurants and a few drinks. Took a trip to the coast yesterday as weather so nice and got some crabs for tea. Best weekend I’ve had for ages.

Page seems to have moved on plenty, will catch up with everyone this morning.

Have a great day all. Clare x

Audrey – rest up and don’t worry about the fasts while you’re on the meds.

Dragonfly – very dreary here too. Sorry you suffered at the weekend… when everything builds up the body tends to try to fight back. One more week of pushing though and then holiday! That total relax is going to feel heavenly!

Clare – happy birthday to you for Saturday! It sounds like you’ve had the most wonderful weekend, so glad you enjoyed it. Those extra lbs will drop off in a day or two no trouble, they’ll mostly be excess water.

I’m feeling much more bright and breezy this morning. Off to the gym in a minute, ready to have a good sweat.

x

Morning All..

A rainy day here too this morning but the gardens do need it….we are away next week in the caravan so it can rain all it wants this week…..lol

Having a different carry on here…we are both going to eat to our TDEE on NFD s which I find very difficult…I am now doing Steve’s MFP on his phone as well as mine…OMG …..FD for us today and a really bad start for Steve…527 calories and it’s only his breakfast!….I would never have believed it, he has a bit more than me but I thought well at 600 cals he’s allowed a bit extra.!!! We never eat the same at breakfast. He has had his own control up to now…maybe a one egg omelette or a boiled egg would be better…😬😬

Well that’s the first problem I have picked up hopes there’s not more but it will be rectified…πŸ˜€

I feel sorry for my USA daughter she lost a very close friend a couple of months ago ( she lived with Katie for 10 years) she lived in Sri Lanka hard to give her a cuddle and support, she has now lost a close neighbour yesterday who took her on board when she moved into the area, my grandchildren looked on her as an extended grandma…a sad day for me..I will speak later to her as she is still in bed..( time zone)

Paul…
    You did make he laugh…glad the weekend went well…love being out in the fresh air..

Rowena…
    I think you are right give the gym a miss and take it steady….hope your three fasts go well…

Ellie…
    It’s a WOL you can have a couple of days off…it puts you back in the fast mood for the week…it does us.

Audrey…
    You have done too much again…rest up and get better…fasting can wait….

DF…
    You must be getting excited for your holiday…a week to go….the holiday head gets on..😎..hope you soon feel better..

Clare…
    Lovely you had a nice planned birthday lots of treats for you…boyfriend spoils you…..just love crab, going near Cromer in Nolkfolk next week I always have my yearly crab or two…ummm

Well it looks like we are on a holiday shoe hunt again today…need two pairs!

Have a good day….DF, Clare and Rowena…any more fasting with us today?….Steve very loosely today…lol

Jean x

Morning all.
    Audrey the weather isnt great here either. Forecast for the week is very up and down.
    DF had you’re feeling much better. I get migraines too. Wipe me out for 2 – 3 days at a time sometimes.
    Clare what a lovely thing to do. My man is really considerate (most of the time) too! Last year for my 40th he secretly planned a few days to Iceland. We had a great time but because I didn’t know where I was going and it was July I didn’t take a coat!!! Wore all the clothes I took everyday in a different order!!!
    Hi Ellie. Enjoy the gym.
    Well I’m in bed. Went to bed at 930. Slept well actually but when alarm went off I still felt rubbish so called work and sent cover. Problem is then you get the guilt as someone else has to cover your lessons. And feel letting kids down. Oh well I’ll just try to take my mind off it.
    Will try for a fast day today. Can feel tummy grumbling already!

Hi to everyone else x

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I will try and catch up individually later on.

In the office today so hoping for a successful FD! working from home for the rest of the week however so I’m very nervous about my self control. Still aiming for Monday, tuesday wednesday FD and then off to Greece on friday. We have all inclusive and I plan on making the most of it!

Good luck to all the monday fasters πŸ™‚

– Nadia x

Jean it was Cromer we went to – can’t beat a Cromer Crab!

Clare x

What a horrible dreary day! I wanted to finish off planting up my first 2 hanging baskets but I have yet to see a gap in the drizzle!

Fasting today, so thats a few of us.

Back to the vets later and a decision as to another operation or not for Ellie.

Clare, its sounds like you had a great weekend and I love crab, very yummy.

Audrey, youve overdone it again! Rest up and take some tablets.

Jean, I think you are right in upping the cals especially in Steves case.It will still be a light day for you both, if you keep dinner lowish.

Nadia, last push before holidays, dig in there and just keep telling yourself its only til Friday. Mind you 3 FDs back to back – phew!!

Rowena, it does sound like you are wiped out, so dont feel guilty, thats just the way it goes sometimes.

DF, not long now to holiday countdown.

Ellie, hope you enjoyed your sweaty workout!!

Sarah, thinking of you….

Ive not yet decided whether today is a 400cal FD or a fluid only FD, I think I will aim for fluid only, given that my weight was waaaaay up this morning πŸ˜‰

Im off to colour my hair. And i must find a hairdresser soon, my hair badly needs cutting but being new to the area dont know where best to go and havent really got talking to many locals in so far as asking them where they go or would recommend!

Kay x

Hi ladies

Hope your all well, I notice a few new names.

Am hopefully in a better place to start fasting again, tomorrow is going to be my first fast in a while, but I need to get in the zone again, I have gained a stone, am surprised it’s not more, that takes back up to 19 stones. 😒

Hope your all well, I haven’t read for a while so am totally out of touch, but will catch up soon hopefully.

Audrey I have read your back is bothering you again, take care of yourself.

Kay glad to hear Ellie is still with you x

Hi to everyone else, hopefully I will be sticking around a bit longer this time

Tammy x

Hi All…

Back after 4 hours and no shoes bought…. I thought we were bad at finding things..us girls….lol

Rowena..
    Hope you soon feel better…you are burnt out….don’t feel guilty…

Nadia….
    All exciting Greece on Friday …all inclusive…No fasting….back to us when back and remove the excess…lol..😎🍷

Clare…
    Just love Cromer crabs so sweet….we go every year to Norfolk just for my crabs and to Cromer…love the area….Thetford Forest for three days then moving onto Sandringham Estate for five nights before moving on again to Suffolk, and Cambridge…hope we get some sun and BBQ out..

Kay…
    Good luck on Ellie at the vets…hope you got your baskets finished.

I am expecting a weight increase while I settle us down in our new way of eating not too much I hope…

Tammy…
    Lovely to have you back and we will soon move that stone….it soon creeps up on holiday and if you don’t get straight back on track….a few of us have holidays pending this month so we will be joining you on a weight increase…that’s the way it goes…

Audrey…
    Hope you are resting up….and being good…lol

hello
    just ‘re’found my password and saw some familiar names so thought I would say hello

sorry I cannot face catching up on so many months of posts
    but I hope you are all doing ok

KT…
    Lovely to hear from you…are you returning or just passing through?

A few of us still about…

Jean x

thank you, Jean
    I SHOULD be staying – as I have put all 3 stone back on, and my eating has been awful for months

but the whole fasting = reflux is still an issue it seems so I am not sure what to do at the moment

Tammy!! So good to see a post from you πŸ™‚ hope your ok. Good luck with your FD tomorrow … you’ll smash it πŸ™‚ take care xx

Hope everyone else is going well today … not long now fasters .. we can do it πŸ™‚

xx

Hi.
    Slept much of today which is unheard of for me. Still feel off so just taking things easy. Had chilli for tea, all within 500 cals.
    Turns out 2 colleagues I’m friends with are off with similar symptoms apparently.

Hi everyone

I am going to be bowing out for a bit. I am really struggling with my diagnosis and now new investigations to see if anything worse is going on. I have stopped fasting as have zero appetite anyway so feel it is better for my mental health to be eating every day. I do hope to be back and pop in a bit and if I get in a better mental zone would start fasting again. But at the moment this feels so completely overwhelming and I do little other than worry or talk about it.

Thank you all for your kindness and your support over the last months. I have learned so much but my journey will be changing now whether I like it or not. I do hope to be more positively. Good luck to you my friends xx

Sarah I totally think you’re doing the right thing. I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you well. Look forward to ‘meeting’ again. Take care xxx

Sarah…
    Good luck to your future and your retirement.
    We will miss you here……give it a rest for a while and pop by if you can……hoping things settle down and they can suggest things to help you, find someone at the hospital to go over things more clearly.

Thinking of you take care..

Jean x

Noooo….Sarah….my partner in crime πŸ™
    I do understand though and hope you get the answers you need and a way forward. Take care though and hope to see you back here or on facebook πŸ˜‰

So good to see you KT and Tammy πŸ™‚

My FD went out of the window today, stress eating after coming back from vets
    πŸ™
    No operation to remove the new lump, as other patches on her skin are erupting, so wait and see if one op could cover more than one. Additionally, we are on the edge of her prognosis so it may not be worth putting her through it πŸ™

Tomorrow is another day, and maybe a FD!

Sarah – it sounds like you’re doing the right thing. It must all be so overwhelming. Take care of yourself, and we will all be thinking of you in this difficult time.

Jean – sad news for your daughter and you and the family.. Hope you were able to talk to her today.

Rowena – sounds like you really needed the break today and time off resting. I hope things improve.

Nadia – wow three FDs back to back is intense, good luck! You must be so excited about the holiday though. All inclusive is the stuff of dreams…

Kay – hope the fast went okay today.

Tammy – don’t beat yourself up over it, tomorrow is a new day.

Hi KT! I don’t think we’ve “met” before.

NFD for me today and I’ve finally had a good one! I’ve ended the day without being stuffed full like the past few ones I’ve had. Success! I’ve eaten everything I’ve wanted just without overdoing it, and made some rocky road for my housemates. All within today’s TDEE.

Heading to bed soon, and an FD tomorrow x

Sarah, sending you lots of love .. we’ll always be here for you. Its understandable that you need to take a break from this *tight hugs*

Hope everyone else is doing ok, I’m not really sure what to say at the moment. Just thanks for the support here, it means the world. Its amazing how such firm friendships are made online isn’t it?

Have a great day everyone, fasting or whatever. NFD for me, but not ready to eat as yet.

Hugs to all x

Morning all.
    Allowing myself one more day off to recover. Nfd so had oats berries and milk for breakfast.
    Also sending hugs to all xx

Sarah you are completely doing the right thing, one thing at a time
    Shera you are also right to make sure you are fully recovered before fasting again

Last FD for me before I gi away in Thursday (and undo all the good work lol ) x

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours.Xx

A windy dull start here again today. Bring back the sunshine.

Oh Sarah … sad to read your decision to bow out for a bit. So very understandable at the moment.

Just concentrate on yourself body and mind. Your posts are always so very welcome .. always seem to just strike the right note and always so interested in others.

You will be much missed here Sarah … wishing you everything possible to go well with you .

Sarah we will look forward to your returning. Xx

Kay…My thoughts are with you and Ellie. Thinking of you often. Xx

Tammy and KT lovely to see you back in our corner of this way of life. Good luck both with settling in again. We are all here to help you. Xx

Busy week.. a few visitors old friends today … Tea and cake .. plus lunch out with my bestie tomorrow. .. Marriage probs once again. I had hoped with the move things would have changed. I suppose rarely leopards change their spots. Such a waste though.

So will try an 800 day Thursday with just 1 Fri FD.

Have a good day all whatever you are doing… Fasting or Feasting. Xx

Brit Lovelies…The difference in winning and losing is most often…not quitting
    Xxxx

Thank you all for your good wishes. If anyone would like to meet me on facebook my name is Sarah Porteous and my profile pic is my dog being cuddled by my grandsons. I have only just joined and my technical skills are appaling but I would love you as friends there. I only really joined to access the facebook birdshot uveitus closed group and still finding it difficult to use.

Please keep everything crossed for me. Im going to need a lot of luck xxxx

Sarah

Good luck I hope you get everything sorted out.. . Much love and best wishes for the future

Aud x

Morning All…

A drizzle day here but not cold…

Getting Steve’s quantities of breakfast in order…halving it…lol

Kay…
    Thinking of you with Ellie…hoping she can continue a bit longer if not in pain…

Ellie..
    Thanks for your thoughts…Katie’s neighbour was on holiday in Florida at the beach with her family as it was Mothers Day…it looks like she may of had a heart attack, she was walking on her own on the beach, a nurse came to her rescue and got her to hospital where she died. She could of been on her own at home, Katie has a key so she may of found her…it was a good way to go she loved the beach and with family.

DF…
    Weather getting better for your campervan….soon I hope…you right we are a close bunch it’s strange when on line πŸ˜€

Rowena…
    Keep resting and hope you soon feel better….

Mrs O…
    You must be really excited about your lovely wedding and holiday…then back on here to take the damage off…a few of us will be with you…

Hemmy..
    Doing some lovely things ….you keep yourself busy.

I was thinking about your friend…as you say a leopard never changes his spots..it’s sad for her..have a lovely day today and your catch up tomorrow.

Sarah…
    I have sent you a friend request xxxx

Audrey…
    How are you today…rest up and make sure you are well before doing things..

I have found a site ‘pickuplimes’…By Sadia Badiei……although a veggie/vegan site….she is a nutritionist, some lovely ideas….I am definetly a meat eater….but a few of you are veggies. It is the non processed type of person she is that I like. I shall incorporate some of her ideas.

Have a good day everyone…no idea what I am up to….kicking my heels before going away next week…will be going out to buy some of these healthy foods I have found for new recipes…lol

Jean x

Morning all

Sarah sad to see this but as others have said you need to do the right thing for you. Allow yourself some time to get your head around everything & hopefully we will see you back soon – I have sent you a friend request x

Completed fast yesterday but ended up going over by 100 – in my desperation to get more sleep I decided to have some warm milk & honey before bed. Didn’t work though I was awake at 4 again, I just don’t know what to do!

NFD today and treated myself to a frozen pizza for tea, all within my calories but I really fancied it & I’ll eat it all with a bit of salad maybe.

Have a great day all. Clare x

Evening and what a lovely one it has turned out to be.

Have actually had a really good day, nor been too hungry at all, probably have loads of food in the system. Just had my tea, spaghetti and tomato sauce. It was yum.

Hope you have all had a good day, it’s been quiet since this morning, everyone working I guess.

Tammy x

Hi All….
    A lovely day and not much rain …..better than advertised..

A food shopping and lazy day ….looking at some new food recipes, healthy eating….lol

Very quiet on here everybody busy and working. NFD for us, staying just under our maximum TDEE …thinking my new eating may increase our weight until it settles down or so it says on line.

Tammy…
    Glad you had a good day with some nice food.

Have a good evening

Jean x

Evening all. Xx

Not a bad day a few showers here and there but good for the garden. Lol..

A nice catch up with 2 school friends. Blimey we are all so different now.

Felt good that I only indulged in a piece of Victoria sponge cake. So not bad.

My friends both remarked on my weight loss and showed interest on joining the forum.

It would be good for them but they do like their food and wine. Lol.. We will see.

Looking forward tomorrow to seeing my best friend… she is in need of some support … such a shame but I am not surprised things haven’t improved.

We will be discussing her Birthday lunch … we treat each other to somewhere nice. This time last year I booked a lovely afternoon tea for her.

It was this time last ye r also she was seeing a solicitor for divorce. Awful to say … wish she had carried it through. Instead they moved to a bigger house. Such a shame .

Tammy .. lovely to have you back. well done on your FD Xx

Sym… Hope your new plan works out well for you both. It does make sense. I think some go too low all the time… body not getting the contrast….Xx

Claire… Banana is also good to aid sleeping. Xx

Mrs O … DF… Shera .. hope you are all doing ok. Xx

KT … How is it going for you. Xx

Have a good evening all. Xx

Hemmy I had to watch my best friend in a crap marriage for years she is out of it now but it took years and I lot if damage to her and her kids. It’s so frustrating but all you can do is listen.

Having been running around a lot but am up to date have been manied and pedied and virtually packed. Need to be organised as am working until 8pm timing and tge cab is picking us up at 4.55am Thursday yawn.

Just had first food of the day minestrone soup and a poached egg it was lovely. Hope all you fasters are staying strong and non fasters are enjoying your day.

I will be back after hols for definite xxx

Mrs O… yes its so very hard staying on the side lines and not voicing an opinion… but needs to be done. They just need sounding boards .. but will come to their own conclusion what they will accept and do.

Have a wonderful well deserved time away… doing what you like doing best.

Have a gin or 2 or 3 for me. Lol.. Enjoy. Xx

well – I have actually managed a day without bingeing, and without any biscuits at all
    doesn’t sound like much but is such an effort for me

Viewing 50 posts - 12,101 through 12,150 (of 35,436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.