Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,982 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 5 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,051 through 12,100 (of 35,469 total)

• You did great yesterday Jean, your allowed a treat today πŸ™‚ Have one for me πŸ™‚

xx

Dragonfly – ahh yes the sun at this time of year is just the best! It feels so full of promise for the summer. Even though it’ll probably rain non stop once June and July come around haha.
    I checked my waist measurement this morning with my very unofficial piece of string. Ive lost my tape measure so make do with string snipped to size and then lined up by a ruler. I’m a little smaller than a few weeks ago! Dreaming of new shorts and summer instead of getting much work done today, oops…
    Thinking of you for weigh-in tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

Jean – I would definitely be justifying a piece of cake after a fast day… so tough when they’re out waiting… I hope your cider needs are fulfilled. One day you’ll come across it I’m sure! and it’ll probably be worth stocking up, just in case…

x

That’s brilliant Ellie! I was getting so frustrated a few months ago when the scale wasn’t moving, but when I measured myself it told a different story! Great job πŸ™‚

Stay strong x

I have had a lovely morning. Coffee in the garden centre plus a catch up with old friends. We did but 3 new plants though so now have to find room for them oops!! I can’t resist…

Not eaten yet so going to last out until BBQ steak tonight yummy!!

Off now will be back soon

Have a good day everyone

Audrey x

[post removed]

Hey. Whoa what a say. Been full on. Lots of stressful things plus then stayed til 630 to mark. Thankfully I made enough food for today on tues when I fasted so just a case of heating up.
    Didn’t find fasting too bad. Drank loads.
    Really hope for a loss on Saturday.

Hi folks.

Well done to the fasters today – you have done it πŸ™‚

Been running around again this week. Sad to say I have put on a pound (where did that come from!). Been really good and kept to my calories and healthy eating each day but the scales have crept up. I think I am not drinking enough water. Lots of tea at the moment with sparkling water in the evening with lime, but not much water during the day. Think if I ramp up the water hopefully the weight will drop – I shall see.

FD tomorrow as I have a busy day. Need to prepare mentally for that tonight as it helped last time.

Thanks for the congrats on the job front and asking about the wedding πŸ™‚ We haven’t set a date yet as we are looking at venues but hoping summer next year. I have found a beautiful venue here in Pembrokeshire that looks like a high spec American barn – oh those big doors! the wood is just stunning and they have long beautiful tables inside with big beams – it really is stunning. All in an open space so lots of games, picnics and fun outside. Number one choice at the moment.

Hope everyone is doing well – I see some holidays, great fasting days, sun worshiping and running – well done to you all!

good luck to fellow fasters tomorrow – anyone joining me?
    xx

Well the flapjack is in the oven! Apart from one lick of a syrupy finger I have resisted so far. Going to have my tea when I get them out and then once they have cooled down go for a bath to try and avoid temptation.

I can eat them tomorrow once I have weighed in lol!

Fasters we have nearly made it – stay strong!

Clare x

Hi all,

Just caught up…..not sure where this week has gone??!!!

Shifted the cold, but still suffering with IBS and being bunged up 😩

Today Ive managed to fast, and its been liquid only, just calories from some skimmed milk in this afternoons large coffee.

Ive been busy in the garden and enjoying the weather, although its a bit of a change today. Looks like we might have an ok weekend though so, planning a walk somewhere on Saturday, as long as Ellie is ok….we might have to go back to the vets as her skin isnt looking good.

Welcome newcomers.
    And a big hi to my FBF friends x

Evening All..

We have had a lovely day with Steve’s sister and BIL, why can’t these things happen more often…although they didn’t get here till 3.30 they have just left at 9.30 pm.

A definitely a feasting day…lots of cakes, fruit loaf and sandwiches eaten….we will be having a low day tomorrow …Steve was definitely off his leash….

Jo…
    That venue sounds really lovely for your wedding…keep looking for the right one…I really must up my water don’t drink nearly enough.

Clare…
    I really love flapjack, sometimes put black treacle in instead of golden syrup , or both…lol…enjoy it tomorrow..

Audrey…
    Hope your steak went well…a glass of something too…🍷

Kay…
    Lovely to hear from you…glad all is going well…hope Ellie is OK…enjoy your walk if weathers good…

Jean x

Evening all

Lots of talk about cakes and baking, lovely BBQs and alcohol. All of which I love! I agree a little treat after a FD is a very good thing.

I have been fasting today. Liquid only. Kay was the person who started me on that so pleased you’re doing it again Kay. Been an ok day actually. I usually find Thursdays quite hard.

We went to see Lady Macbeth. Very, very good. Had not heard any reviews so wasn’t sure what to expect but I would not have expected that. Very uncompromising and riveting. Husband came home to a jacket potato and venison steak so I kept well away. Not keen on venison anyway but am keen in jacket potatoes. Not had one of those for months.

Jean, glad today was better than you thought and hopefully will set a new pattern.

Jo that venue sounds gorgeous.

Well done fasters and hope everyone has had a good day fasting or not. Night night xx

Jean we are just having a brief trip 2 nights in Balbao so we can go to the Guggenheim and then 3 nights in San Sebastian so we can do some rioja tasting (any excuse). We are in Wales next week from Thirsday to Sunday so I will have to shift my fast day. Wondering if I could do Monday/Tuesday. Not convinced. Might have to be Wednesday xx

Audrey – that sounds like a lovely day. Hope the BBQ was great too.

Shera – well done on getting through another successful FD. I find it so much easier when it’s all preprepared as you don’t have to think about it.

Jo – that barn sounds absolutely heavenly! I can just picture it… I love weddings! Keep us up to date with how the planning goes. Give the water thing a try though, see what happens. You may be surprised.

Clare – you did it! Well done you. Good luck on the weigh in – those flapjacks will taste so much better knowing you had to wait (weight..) for them.

Kay – good news about the cold, even if the IBS is still sticking around… great that you’ve had such a good fast though regardless. I hope the weather is nice at the weekend.

Jean – I’m glad you had such a nice time today. Good food and good company is the best.

Sarah – oooh your holiday sounds amazing! I’ve lived out in Spain a few times but never been to Bilbao – it’s on my list. Let us know all about it when you’re back. The theatre sounds a complete success too and a great FD for you.

Finished up my FD feeling very full on my 500 calories. It’s funny how some days you can turn them into something huge and other days not feel satisfied at all.
    I felt pretty down this afternoon which was quite unusual for me as I’m normally a very bubbly cheerful person. It was the sort of thing where you’d normally think of having a slice of cake or a glass of wine to cheer yourself up… which is of course fine (and I would’ve on a NFD), but it was quite nice getting over the mood by itself. You realise how tied up food and emotions can be!

Bed for me now. Night all x

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

There has been a big downpour during the night .. still very warm though ..a nice drink for the garden. Lol

Trying for a rest day today as overdid it yesterday .. Lol Sometimes the time runs away from me and I never know when to stop working . Should have sat down after our LONG shop. Lolol.

FD today … anyone else. Good luck anyone weighing.

Ende … its strange but I notice sometimes I feel low on a FD …Have wondered about that or just coincidence . like you usually an upbeat sort of person. Hope you are feeling better today. Xx

Have a good day all .. back laters..

Brit lovelies…. Nothing is impossible… The word its self say I’m possible.Β Β  Xx

Its Friday!!

Ellie, great job on getting through your FD, I know what you mean about feeling full on 500 cals, depending on what it is! Sorry you felt down though, I do get that way myself at times. Hope you had a good sleep and feel brighter today πŸ™‚ xx

Jean, glad you had a nice afternoon with the family. I bet the cakes were delish πŸ™‚ Like you say, its a shame afternoons like that don’t happen more regularly xx

Clare, well done on resisting the flapjack .. you can enjoy today! I love flapjack πŸ˜›

Kay, I sympathise with the IBS, its really not good. Hope it settles down soon, take care xx

Sarah, is fasting on liquids quite easy to do? I’ve always thought of doing that on FD’s. Yesterday it was so late when I ate my cals, I could probably have just gone to bed and made it a liquid only day, but I didn’t of course!

Jo, definitely drink more water if you can. Your probably retaining it. It sounds crazy, but more water releases water .. personally I get a banging head if I don’t keep hydrated. Take care of yourself xx

Shera, well done on yesterday … is it NFD today? Have a good one xx

NFD for me today, I’m so glad its Friday. Feel I’m on holiday wind down now lol. Feel so tired all the time now. Lots to do this weekend, ironing and starting to decide what I’m taking away with me. Then I need to clean up, and generally get organised! Must go and see mum Sunday as well after Tuesdays nightmare traffic hold up!

Have a lovely day everyone xxx

Morning all

Back down with that 2lbs from last week so 6lbs to goal. Hope it stays gone this time! 41lbs lost in total.

Hemmy, hope you are feeling better today and can have a rest. Take it easy today if you can. We had rain here too and it was needed. Shame it just can’t rain at night lol.

DF tbh I don’t actually think it is any harder. I know that is weird but when I was having 500 cals I would wait for the night as eating through the day just made me hungry and think about food all the time, then I ate at night and immediately started thinking about food all night. I wouldn’t say I enjoy having nothing but i am used to it now and I feel it is simpler somehow. No calorie counting and I don’t count calories on the other days either. Why don’t you give it a go? Maybe have a bit more water and an oxo or something if you feel a bit odd amd need salt. I don’t need to do that now. Kay and Bigbooty got me onto it. Would never have thought of it or considered it possible on my own.

Ellie, hope you are feeling ok today. It might be to do with the highs and lows of the exam period. It is really stressful and that comes out in a variety of ways.

Jean, did you say a while ago that losing weight had brought a return of menopause symptoms? think that might be happening to me a bit. A few night sweats that I thought were gone. Was reading that reducing fat cells reduces oestrogen levels.

Have to go for follow up appointment for these eye tests have been having today. Something to do with possible inflammation at back of eyes. Always worried about anything medical like that. Ah well.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning All..

A dull day here as everyone else I suppose, the ants are busy in the garden the House Martins are busy nest building a sign of warm weather and summer.

We have weighed yesterday and today going to take the best reading but both days were the same surprisingly…Steve 1 lb down and I am the same…πŸ˜€..very good after yesterdays eating…I thought Steve was in a cake eating competition lol….when he sees it he eats it..

Sarah…
    Well done 2 lbs off a great amount as you are getting close to goal..

Macbeth sounded great, not my thing hammered into me too much at school…we had a good day but I think it will still us visiting…I may be wrong…it was lovely chatty family time…

Your holiday sounds lovely away from general holiday area in Spain definitely find the warm weather and Wales too…it’s hard fasting when holidays are about….we are away from 22nd for two weeks in Norlfork in the caravan but it will be a holiday not a short break were I try and keep us in control.😬

My flushes have returned at night, not too bad but they are there. Just before I sleep and first thing as I wake up. I read up its to do with your fat cells in your body. As your fat cells get smaller they unbalance the progesterone and oestrogen in the cells that causes the flushes. A good thing maybe…lol

Good luck on the eye test..

Ellie…
    Hope you are feeling better today, the stress of exams will be making yourself low, after 3 or 4 years it’s coming to an end, everybody will be departing into their own ways…a new life starting..it’s exciting really..

Hemmy…
    Slow down a busy day with Mum yesterday shopping and I bet you were in the garden…maybe a rest up and have a read…

DF..
    Lovely to be in a holiday mode…getting your things together….very up lifting…holiday is more extended than you think…

We are shopping for holiday shoes for Steve…

Have a lovely day

Jean x

Morning all

Cloudy day today on Anglesey we had showers in the night..

Sat waiting on for Caravan engineer to come and assess the damp we have found.. . Hope we caught it in time!

My back is aching a little so an easy day is on the cards today.

Jean the steak was lovely… very tasty and not too big..

Off now have a good day everyone

Audrey x

Thanks Sarah, its definitely something I’m going to think about .. it would definitely make the FD’s simpler for sure. Might try it on Monday .. see how it goes πŸ™‚ Well done on your 2lb off, that’s really good πŸ™‚ x

Audrey, have a nice relaxing day and take care of your back. Hope the rain holds off for you x

Hi all – sorry not to be around yesterday…went pear-shaped early!
    The dogs got into a brawl – doesn’t usually happen, but OH had left the dish from the meat I’d cooked down on the floor for them the night before, they came down in the morning and went wild. I did the thing you know never to do – tried to separate them. Wrenched my already sore shoulder to the point of almost fainting and throwing up, and one of them caught my hand. Knuckle on my index finger pretty bad, and bruising and puncture wounds on my thumb…this being the same hand that only has marginal use of my pinkie following the jerky lead incident of last October! So I ended up with a friend at minor injuries, and I’m now on antibiotics – standard for dog bites – and powerful stuff for my shoulder. I thought the antibiotics might be over-kill but I woke up in agony at 2am, and this morning half my hand has swollen up…so I guess the NHS has come across dog bites before!

I managed to keep the day low, but didn’t fast, and I won’t be for a while, I think. There are too many wee niggles plaguing me, and while I’m on medications that require food, I’m going to play by their rules for a while. I don’t want to go overboard – we all know we’ve come too far to want to risk the consequences of letting it all pile back on – but what with the tablets, and the fact that it’s the wee boy’s birthday today, and we’re taking him and a friend out for a big treat on Sunday, I’m not going to worry about fasting strictly.

I’ll drop by over the next week, but I’ll mainly be hanging in the background, I’m afraid…still loving everyone’s news, though.

Have good weekends, all of you.

Mx

Hey minols

You just take care of yourself for a while…hope you recover soon.

Hope the dogs are ok. It’s so upsetting when they scrap. Mine do it occasionally and I know my 1st instinct is to step in to stop them..

Take care enjoy your weekend off.

Aud x

Minols…
    That sounds very nasty hope you soon feel better as the antibiotics kick in…you are probably right at easing off and taking it easy…keep a watch on the scales but your health comes first.

Enjoy the boys birthday on Sunday and enjoy whatever he’s up too…keep in touch…

Audrey…
    Have a good day…good luck to the service engineer, hope it’s not too bad….I am sure they can sort it.

Jean xx

Morning All,

Sarah, Well done on your loss, you’re so close now!

Ellie, I get that sometimes when I forget meals, I usually just need a little sugar. If it happens again try and have some fruit or a wee sweetie, usually works for me πŸ™‚

Yesterday’s lunch was lovely, bit of a carb fest but I wouldn’t expect any different from an Italian meal. Kept my dinner under 300 cals so hopefully not too much damage. Dinner out tonight so just having a low fat yoghurt for breakfast and drinking lots of water. This week I have been aiming for 3L a day (not a great idea when theres only one toilet per floor of your office!)

Will be doing 3 fast days next week in preparation for going away on friday. Finally ordered some summer clothes for going away, getting delivered tomorrow, my body shape is so hard to buy for but staying hopeful

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

-Nadia x

Morning all

Take it easy Minols that sounds nasty!

Weighed in at 2lb less today so more than made up for my little gain last week, so close to being a healthy bmi – just a couple more pounds.

Looking forward to a couple of bits of flapjack today but will try and hold back a little as got a big meal & wine tonight. Birthday tomorrow and will probably have a pub breakfast and then going out for a surprise meal tomorrow night so I won’t even be thinking about calories which will do me good.

Have a great day all. Clare x

Morning everyone

Minols, as the saying goes, keep taking the tablets. Don’t worry about fasting, it’s often important to eat with some medication, you don’t want to make the problem any worse. Hope your hand heals soon and the shoulder improves.

Jean, you’ll have to share the cake eating diet, is this the answer to maintenance? Hope so!

Aud, the BBQ sounded great, hope everything goes well with the engineer.

Jo, Pembrokeshire has so many lovely wedding venues. When you mentioned a barn I instantly thought of Folly Farm! We have family near Roche and owed a caravan in Tenby for many years so have spent quite a bit of time in your part of the world. We live in Cardiff.

Rowena, not long now until half term, I be you can’t wait.

Sarah, glad to see the 2lb has gone again, hope it stays away.

Nadia, welcome. Glad you enjoyed the Italian, I don’t mind indulging so long as it’s worth the calories.

Clare, well done on the 2lb loss. Flapjack, wine, big meal, pub breakfast, birthday meal – enjoy them all – that’s the benefit of this WOL.

DF, I generally manage on liquid fasts easier than if I eat. Don’t wake the dragon!

Ellie, hope you’re feeling a bit better today, not long to go now until all the exams are over and you can properly relax.

Kay, hope everything is alright with Ellie.

Crazy week with a couple of power cuts – really thrown me. Managed a good liquid FD yesterday, I was going to wait until next week, but after snacking on some nuts (well in the form of pralines and cream ice cream) thought I’d better make amends. Not sure where I am with weight tracking, but today I’m back to lowest I’ve been for many years, so happy with that.

Planning tandoori chicken and salad tonight and looking forward to my porridge about 11. Off for coffee now, 1st cup of the day as trying to get some water in.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne x

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! I think it’s a combination of all sorts of uncertain things at the moment, like exams, what comes next (what am I going to do when uni is done in two weeks?!) relationship worries… so many things on my mind. But I woke up this morning feeling much more like my usual perky self. Things will all sort themselves out, I’m sure of that.

Hemmy – enjoy the rest day, you need it.

Dragonfly – good luck on getting everything done this weekend. It’s so exciting getting organised before a holiday and you can start dreaming about being away..

Sarah – great news on the 2lbs! Not far to go now at all! You must be feeling so proud. And good luck with the eye appointment later. I’m sure all will be fine.

Minols – ouch you poor thing! You are completely right to take it easy while you heal up. Fasting is, after all, a stress on the body. When that’s the only one, it’s fine, but if you add that to other ones, it can all be too much. Take care of yourself for now and come back when you’re back to full health.

Audrey – fingers crossed for that damp being caught in time.

Nadia – you sound so very determined! Keep pushing πŸ’ͺ🏼

Clare – fab news on the 2lbs, and sounds like a great birthday weekend ahead of you.

NFD for me today. I’m doing a spot of revision now, heading to the gym and then getting ready for my exam. I always spend ages showering and doing makeup before an exam so I feel fabulous – it makes me much calmer and confident. Another one will be over before I know it, yay!

Good luck to today’s fasters x

Morning everyone!

Just dropping by with my weigh-in very quickly as I’m at work. Hopefully I’ll have time to read everyone’s posts and respond properly later today or tomorrow.

This morning’s weigh in was disappointing – no change from last week (even though on Tuesday morning, after the first FD of the week, I’d lost nearly 1lb). I was initially quite disappointed as I feel like I’ve been really on track this week – two good FDs, keeping within my TDEE on most other days, getting back into exercise (2 weights sessions at the gym, long walks with 12-15,000 steps each day, hot yoga) etc. Then it struck me that actually perhaps that’s part of it – I know many people find that when they start exercising they gain or maintain weight for the first week or two as their body holds on to water as it repairs muscles that aren’t used to working etc. Anyway I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping its that, rather than letting the disappointment get the better of me.

Good luck everyone else and I’ll definitely try to check back in when I’m not at work so I can read and respond to everything properly xx

Hi just checking in sorry cant catch up individually it was opening night last night and it went so well am ivervtge moon p. We celebrated with too much gin then I was out training at 8am yawn.

Throwing in a third FD today it will be tough as am at theatre later. We go away next Thursday so can only really do Tuesday next week.

MJ you are completely correct the body holds onto fluids when you exercise especially after intense training. Over time you will see a downward trend and more importantly lose fat and inches p.
    Minols don’t fast until you are better your body needs the energy to fight infection
    Have a fabulous day everyone xx

Afternoon All..

Out and about shopping thought us ladies were bad…lol…No shoes but a shirt and two tee shirts for Steve…he was getting grumpy as he couldn’t find what he wanted….

Nadia…
    Have a lovely meal tonight…tomorrow is another day ….treats have to be had….lol…do you think drinking that much water helps? I am not a good water drinker maybe that’s my problem…I should join you and give it a try…

Good luck on the new clothes…Steve will agree with you his shape is not good either!…a bit of a tantrum today..😩

Clare…
    Well done of the 2 lbs off and getting to a near good bmi…have a lovely birthday tomorrow and enjoy yourself….breakfast and meal out…πŸŽ‚….flapjack sounds good…

Lynne…
    Power cuts ..is it with bad weather? Lovely getting to your lowest weight for a long time….have a lovely meal sounds yummy..

MJ…
    Don’t be disappointed …you haven’t put on….it’s hard when you have had a good week….it’s strange you could have a naughty week and loose, it doesn’t always make sense….it could be your excerise or just your body catching up with its self.

Mrs O..
    Lovely your opening night went well…the gin also…lol

You must be looking forward to your holiday…one more fast…then go away and forget until you come back…

Audrey…
    Any news on the caravan?…my caravan outside toilet door has arrived now chasing for a new lock, must ring them.

Hemmy…
    Hope you are resting up after yesterday….

Minols…
    Hope you are feeling better….rest up…

Kay…
    Thinking of you too …hope Ellie’s OK…and you got yourself out for your walk…

Jean x

Hi all

Had a good day very quiet apart from the Caravan engineer…

Jean he is coming back to sort it out next Friday. Funnily enough it has been caused by the outside toilet locker door not being sealed properly..lol πŸ˜€..

Off now going to walk dogs before it rains again..

Have a good weekend everyone

Audrey x

Audrey…
    I have e mailed our caravan service centre twice no answer as yet, we shall pop by next week and chase them…unless she gets back to us.

I have had my damp meter out and I can’t find any damp in ours, so don’t know whether she has said it has so she managed to get the door under warranty …it was checked in November when I suppose there’s lots of moisture. I shall check again when we are back in the caravan in 10 days or so…

Glad it’s getting sorted for you and not a big problem, it’s always a worry.

Xx

Jean

Β£45 today another 150 next week all because they fitted the door wrong before we bought it… we should have had ours done under warranty but original service man said it wasn’t damp when it obviously was… very annoying…😠😠..

Hope you get yours sorted out soon..

Aud x

Hi all

Not great at the hospital today. I have a form of uveitus which is basically an autoimmune disease that affects the back of the eyes. It is hard to treat. The treatment is agressive and is immunosuppressants plus possibly steroids. Trying to take it all in at the moment and not sure what this does to fasting. I have no symptoms at the moment but it is clear on the scans. I am going to get a second opinion because the person I am seeing I have great difficulty in communicating with. Still going to meet with friends for the Hockney tomorrow. Hoping I am better company than I feel at the mo.

Night night cyber friends xx

Sarah

I hope you managed to get some sleep..

Take time to digest all the information. I am sorry I don’t know anything about it to be able to advise you but take care my cyber friend..

Fast day I think for me …

Back later

Audrey x

Morning all. Sorry I didn’t get on here yesterday, it was a mad day. Nearly called in sick as felt, and still do pretty horrible. Think I’m just absolutely exhausted with various symptoms. I went anyway as the guilt kicked in. Then the cleaner called that when she got to my house there was blood on floor. Dog has hurt herself. Thankfully OH got back soon after she called or I would have left work.then I had to go and deal with a situation that has arisen with a colleague who is also meant to be a friend which wasn’t great.
    Then my sister text to say my dad’s ill so i popped round after work.

So today. Woke up with headache and feel nauseous . Taken tabs. Got weight watchers then hair appointment today. Really hope for a loss.

On another note, I’ve noticed I seem to be more sensitive to salt and sugar tastes and have really gone off them. Strange. Anyone else had anything similar? ??

Sarah at least they have found this before you have major symptoms please be kind to yourself and try to get as much rest as you can. Sendung a hug x

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A dull start .. hopefully some sunshine on the cards for later.

Sarah.. Sorry to hear yours news… it must be a lot to take in at this time.

Better to get another opinion ..Someone who you can fully understand. Most important .

Take care Sarah ..thinking about you. I hope you can enjoy your week-end.. it will do you good . Healing thoughts to you. Xxxx

Aud… have a good FD Xx

Shera … hoping you feel better today. Xx

Mrs O …Enjoy your week-end …hopefully a tad of gin around. Lol Xx

Weight stayed stable this week. Happy with that .. yo yoing this 2lbs from goal.

Have a good week-end all …

Brit lovelies…Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy Xx

Hehe …

Just came back from showers Ian cooking bacon sandwiches… no fast today AGAIN…

Back later have a good day everyone

Audrey x

Lol Aud… better change have a good FD to Enjoy bacon sarnies. Lol. Good for Ian.

Enjoy the day together. Xx

Morning All..

A sunny and chilly start…shorts for the summer have been declared but jeans on today….we are about three weeks late this year.

Picking up milk and eggs this morning other than that a lazy day….I don’t think Steve’s hip is too good but he is not saying much about it…

Sarah…
    I am sorry about your hospital news, definitely speak to someone who can explain more to you…take your time taking it in and what can be done for you…lots of hugs and don’t worry too much…πŸ’•

Shera..
    Hoping you feel better today, lots on your plate at the moment…enjoy the hairdressers and take some time for yourself…

Hemmy…
    Have a lovely weekend…with Mum and Kirsty?..garden?..hope the weather improves…

Audrey..
    Lovely bacon sandwiches…enjoy…nice when they are ready for you…we will be fasting Monday..

Minols…
    Hoping all your pains are feeling better and your antibiotics have kicked in…

Have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing…Kay, Nadia, DF, Carol,Tammy, Clare, Angela, Jo… sorry if I have missed anyone..

Jean x

Ive lost only half a pound this week. Bit gutted but it’s better than putting on.

Hi everyone!

Posted twice yesterday and both seemed to completely disappear… I woke up feeling so much more positive yesterday morning and then sank into the saddest slump in the evening. Lots of tears but luckily I have some lovely comforting housemates. I think It’s just all the uncertainty at the moment of “what next?!” I ate waaaay too much too. But instead of cutting right back with a FD today, I’m just going to have a controlled NFD to prove I CAN do it without overdoing it.

I’m afraid I don’t have time to reply to everyone at the mo, but in general some great losses this week. A loss is a loss, don’t forget that! Minols I hope you’re healing up, and Shera you sound like you need a proper rest. Sarah – I’m really sorry about your news. At least you have today to look forward to with friends.

Going to have lunch and then head to the library. Another exam on Monday…

X

Ellie..
    I missed you off my list 😩

Hope you soon pick up…..all your flat mates around for support…..lots happening for you at the moment. Everything will fall into place so don’t worry…have a good day in the library good luck for Monday….

Shera..
    A loss is a loss..it’s going down……you are another one who is so busy…enjoy the hairdressers and take time out…soon be half term..

Jean x

If anyone interested…

Michael Moseley is doing a Healthy Gut Diet in the Daily Mail today and every day next week..

Not really a diet as changing way of eating to promote gut health, and why we should be eating brown rice, pasta and bread cooked cooled and reheated. Lots nuts and seeds, yogurt, kaffir and sauerkraut. As many different un processed food as we can. Very high black chocolate is ok. Onions, garlic and curry very good for you. Spinach fresh or frozen to put into any cooking.

A big NO to any sugar and sweeteners. Bacon not good either.

Hi all

Sarah, Ive never heard of that, but feel for you πŸ™ Definitely try to see someone else who you can communicate with. Its important to get as much ‘correct’ (stay away from google!) information as possible with things like this. Hope you manage to forget about it for now and enjoy today. And well done for kicking those 2lbs back off. X

Minols, your dog incident sounded rough. Hope you are feeling ok and enjoying your weekend with the boy.

Jean, your body is definitely in maintain mode, whatever you think! And Steve achieving 1 of his eat cake and then lose a pound weeks! Made me chuckle about the shopping, not just us then! πŸ˜‰ Shorts have been replaced today by jeans here too….rubbish!

Audrey, glad you are getting the damp sorted even though its annoying. Hope you enjoyed the bacon butties and why not πŸ™‚ Hows your back fairing?

DF, I agree with Sarah. I find the fluids only easier as once I eat, I struggle to stop. But it doesnt suit everyone and sometimes I cant do it..lol! Hope you get your packing sorted this weekend -I love the build up to going away πŸ™‚

Hemmy, well done on the maintenance. Hope you feel better after resting up, although Im sure you back to it again this weekend whilst its dry.

Nadia, well done on glugging that water. Some days Im ok and others Im rubbish. I do find drinking from a bottle or with a straw etc is easier than just having a glass in front of me! Definitely psychological!

Clare, Happy Birthday, hope you enjoy your day. Look forward to hearing about your mystery meal πŸ™‚ And well done too!

Lynne, Down to your lowest weight, how fab! Glad to see you feeling a bit more upbeat too.

MJ, yes your body will retain a bit more water when muscles are repairing. Stick with it.

Mrs O, so glad the opening night went ok! You’ll be on a roll now….and then holidays!

Shera, be kind to yourself, lots going on for you at the moment and well done with the half pound, its a loss hey πŸ˜‰

Ellie, you too have a lot on your plate at the moment, so cut yourself some slack. Its a major time in your life, so you are bound to feel emotional. Have a nice NFD today with no guilt. Good luck for the next exam. I dreamt I was doing exams last night and had done no revision – its a recurring dream for me, which probably means something, but the feeling is horrible – I have to say Im glad those days are behind me – its a stressful time which is often underestimated. Give yourself a hug.

I stayed the same this week, which I thought was good considering I only did 1 fast and spend the rest of the week stuffing myself! I intend to be more controlled this week and will do 2 FDs.
    We didnt go for a walk today, actually had a lazy morning in bed and will spend the afternoon gardening and catching up. Quite breezy here today but dry.
    Took Ellie to the vets last night and unfortunately the cancer is progressing. She has a lump which is growing very quickly, but the vet thinks its worth removing it if it continues to grow even though it means another general anaesthetic. They are more concerned that she has a large patch of fur loss and flaking skin so she is back on antibiotics just in case its an infection rather than the skin lymphoma. And her steroids have been increased again, so that means more hungry and increased thirst and peeing, which must make her feel uncomfortable. She also has a red patch near her eye which we have eye drops for, I just hope its not a lymphoma growing there – her beautiful brown eyes πŸ™
    So last night we went to the pub and decided to eat there rather than cook back at home. The food, whitebait and spicy prawnd starters shared and my haddock and mozzarella fishcakes were lovely but I really struggled to eat it. Not usually a problem for me! And I only had 2 ciders – thats unusual for me too! I think its all down to IBS.
    Today we have nice food planned and its the F1 highlights later and we have stuff to do at home, so gentle weekend planned and maybe a walk in the morning if its not raining. My sister is away camping at the mo and her FB updates made me envious!

Have a good weekend all, whatever it involves. Take care. X

I am amazed that I managed to come in at about 600kcaks yesterday. After work I fell asleep on sofa and work up ravenous at about 4pm effects of burning the candle at both ends and a bit of a hangover. Anyway had to eat so had soup and a couple of satsumas and thought it’s over for today am to tired to do this. Then went to theatre and managed to just have a protein shake before bed so kept it around 600 intentionally and unintentionally.

Last performance tonight post show party will be carnage have baked a massive lemon and lavender cake and there is a bottle of gin with my name on it!

Hi Girls and Boys.. Xx

Not a brilliant day here .. come on sunshine. Lol.

Sym.. Mum this week-end as usual but Kristy not till next week-end. She has been busy this week at the BBC working on a project with a ” oh I am so famous one” lol. Its been damn hard work too by the sounds. Lol. I don’t know how she does it… I really don’t.

Thanks’ for the heads up on the Dr Moseley article in the mail.
    Hope Steve’s hip is going to be ok .

Have a good day. Xx

Shera .. well done on your loss… onwards and downwards you go. Xx

Ende… Don’t be too hard on yourself… such a lot going on with your exams and all.

Have a few treats when needed. Good you have your lovely flatmates that is a help.

Just remember you have one of the most wonderful things in life on your side ….The gift of youth. Enjoy. Xxx

Minois… hope things are easier for you today. Healing thoughts to you. Xx

Everyone else have a good week-end. Xx

Kay… sorry to hear the news about Ellie.. bless her. .. and you too. Xx

I can just feel your pain. I fought for 12 years against having another springer because my darling Beau broke my heart. .. but there is nothing like the love to have a dog . such a special bond.

Big hugs for you both.

Well done for maintaining Kay … you have been through a lot since before Xmas … lots would have thrown in the towel with 5-2 .. Well done kay . Xx

Mrs o … Break a leg tonight Lol… Mmmm the cake and gin sound glorious. Xx

Kay…
    It’s not good on Ellie but she is a strong girl and holding her own…there will be a time when a decision will have to be made and it’s not an easy one….take one day at a time and enjoy every minute with her.

I am either 2 lbs from goal or Steve says 4 lb to round the number up…easier said then done…he still has a stone to loose and we will always now be on 5.2 even loosely sometimes. We go away on the 23rd for two weeks and we want it as a holiday so some pounds will return..I hope by the years end I can say I am maintaining. Still a few of us in the same boat so near but bloody hard to get to the line…

Mrs O..
    Have a good evening and finish tonight enjoy the gin and cake….that sounds different with lavender with the lemon sounds yummy….then getting very close to holidays…🌞…😎

Hemmy…
    Enjoy your weekend with Mum…these youngsters seem to work harder than we did..still earn a lot more money……MM article very interesting looking at sending for the book…

Just popped a joint of beef in the oven having our Sunday today….lol….apple crumble and custard…a treat one Steve’s favourites he doesn’t know yet….it sets him up for the 5.2 week a head…lol

Jean x

Afternoon everyone

Minols, hope the tablets are working their magic.

Sarah, I think the second opinion is a must, especially with an ongoing condition where a good relationship with the medical professionals is essential.

Kay, Ellie has been such a fighter, hope the steroids do the job. The vet seems keen to keep treating her, great to have them on your side.

Rowena, hope you have chance to relax this weekend.

Ellie, it’s natural you’ll start to wonder about life after uni, but get through your exams before you start to stress too much about the future. You spoke before about travelling before getting a job, so maybe focus on that as an idea to get you though the next few weeks, then reassess once the exams are done and dusted.

Jean, apple crumble is my favourite, but with cream please!

Mrs O, good luck tonight and have a gin for me – my tipple of choice.

Hemmy, hope the weather brightens up and you get chance to relax in your beautiful garden.

Aud, hope you’re having a relaxing time at the van.

MJ, I saw the following article about the whoosh effect – something for us all to remember. http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

Had visitors this morning, Phil’s 2 sisters called in. Lovely to see them, but difficult for his one sister as her husband’s brother also has a brain tumour which has progressed much quicker than Phil’s and was diagnosed much later. He’s deteriorating quickly and she was trying to hold back talking about him because she doesn’t want to worry us with what the future holds.

Weight up a bit, bag of sweet and salted popcorn to blame, so hopefully retained fluid. TOM as well, which comes out of the blue now as I think at 51 the start of the menopause is not too far off. Either that or my thyroid meds are off.

Hi to anyone I missed, and hope you all have a great weekend.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,051 through 12,100 (of 35,469 total)

You must be logged in to reply.