Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,922 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Manuela1488 3 hours, 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,351 through 10,400 (of 35,409 total)

• Evening all

Well done ladies on your losses

Angela thanks for the link, I can definitely say that I have not starved this week, in fact I have been really bad, but have enjoyed the freedom, however, fast day is looming, so tomorrow and Thursday fasting for me, will be interesting to see what the scales say this week, they will probably shout at me lol.

Hope your all good, everyone is either spring cleaning or decorating.

Carol glad your eye is improving.

Tammy xxx

Good to see so many losses. Congratulations Audrey, DF, Carol and Lynne too, a little loss better than a gain!

Well done Angela, 12lbs away from married weight great! Will read your link. Reducing matabolism would be a disaster.

Carol, Pleased your vision is so good now and you are recovering ok.

Good luck to anyone fasting today or tomorrow. I am doing today and Thursday. Finding it very difficult today. Starving for some reason. Got some chicken out of freezer for tomorrow night. Will just try to keep eating then as my focus.

Lent or not, makes sense to have a good push in the next few weeks with Easter as a sort of natural end point.

Stay strong guys!

Hi all

Thanks for the link Angela much appreciated, perhaps that is why I haven’t been losing weight. I am just thankful that at long last my weight has gone down..

Carol, glad your eye is OK, wish I could have mine done I have just started with a cataract…

You will all be pleased to know the kitchen is almost finished, the flooring arrives tomorrow and the new dining set on Thursday.. then I will be found doing a happy dance……lolo

Back tomorrow good night all

Audrey xx

Audrey…
    Lovely coming to the end of all the mess…you must be so pleased and ready to cook..

One more day and you will be finished…big dance..

Xx

Jean

I am being brave, am going you make a banana bread for Ian possibly tomorrow and then the girls are coming on Saturday so may be baking cup cakes or butterfly buns… πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†…

Aud x

Morning all

Have been awake since 5! Got up at 6 so the house is already cleaned and the log burner is ready for lighting.. the floor on the kitchen is being put down today so we just need to empty the fridge and freezer later ready for moving…

My weight is still down! I am wondering if it’s because I have started taking vitamin D3..whatever it is I am glad it’s finally moved.

Fast day for me today, I am going back to basics so 52 for me this week no 3rd fast on Friday!

Have a good day today fast or non fast, keep in touch remember that together we are stronger

Audrey x

Morning Audrey πŸ™‚ I’m fasting today as well, it is true that we’re stronger together! Wow, up at 5, you’ll be exhausted later!

I had pancakes last night, with lemon and sugar .. divine!! I could have eaten more of them than I did, really had to reign it in lol.

Hope I can get through today, I don’t normally fast Wednesday, had to reshuffle fast days this week .. but I have a banging head and sore throat since yesterday, which is crazy as I’ve been drinking green tea which is supposed to boost the immune system!

Have a great day everyone, good luck if your fasting!

xxx

Morning

I am fasting as well and I am also going back to basics with only 2 fasts this week, second one tomorrow, will see what the scales say on Friday.

Catch you all later

Tammy xxx

Good morning FB Brits.. hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Happy ST David’s day to all our welsh friends. Xx

Looks like everyone is going back to basics. Lol You know what they say ” If it isn’t broke don’t mend it”.

Aud glad your weight is stable even with all the stress. You must be very excited now. They wont get you out of that kitchen now. Lol We will be losing you for days with that steamer. Lol So pleased for you. Xx

Well girls .. day 4 no wine. Much easier last night didn’t think about it till this morning. Kristy this week-end and off to Stratford to our favourite restaurant for lunch and catch up when she arrives Sat morning. Will have to be careful.

Decided to do a different 500 cals today. Splitting it over 5 x 100 throughout the day . Slice of cheese… ham…fruit etc. iykwim. Got this idea as just read the queen doesn’t eat big meals normally just grazes through the day with little bits. Lol If its good enough for her. Lolol

So good luck everyone with whatever you are doing to suit you.

Cobwebbing beams today and damp clothing everything in sight. Lol Keep me occupied.

Need to work out how to space these 100 cals.

Brit lovelies…

Team.. spells…. Together Everyone Achieves More

Morning All..
    A lovely blue sky crisp morning, reminds me of a September Scottish morning…maybe a lovely day later.

We are both a bit achy this morning….feeling the work we have done. I am colouring my hair this morning but that will be it..a lazy day for me…

Steve’s weight up a pound this morning after all the work and good eating??? Very confused maybe not settled after holiday yet.

We are away in the caravan on Monday for three nights, a lazy few days. Still continuing fasting.

Audrey..
    Good luck on the baking today…I am sure it will be fine. Get the floor down and you will be rearing to go.

DF…
    Hope you feel better now you are up and moving….pancakes sounded delicious πŸ˜‹

Tammy…
    Back to basics…maybe a few should be following you…me!

Hemmy..
    A different approach for you…..see how you go. Happy cobweb hunting.πŸ˜€

Hope all four of you have a good FD…nearly a mass fast…lol

Jean x

Morning all,

Well, naughty me ended up having an impromptu date night with hubby last night as he cancelled his work trip. Yes, it involved wine! Arrrggghhh.

However, even counting those calories I still came in at 1400 cals. I was further down on scales this morning but I won’t get too excited yet. I’m fasting on Friday again this week.

Good luck to those fasting today, and to those not also. xx

Good morning all.
    No pancakes for me. I intended on having a couple but wasn’t bothered in the end.
    FD for me today. Not decided my meal plan yet, soup or something else. The soup is easier as I dont have to think about food it’s just ready when I want something.
    Having baby Louie tomorrow overnight as its my daughters 30th Birthday and husband is taking her out. She just won’t have a babysitter and keep him at home. Problem is, he doesn’t sleep at night, breastfeeds several times through the night and won’t take a bottle. I think I’m going to be up all night with a screaming baby. OH will not be happy, he has no tolerance.
    Hemmy
    I need to get some deep cleaning done. House covered in cobwebs. No motivation though.

Have a good day all.

Angela…
    Date night with hubby, that’s nice….we used to do that …not for a while…we are having steak on Saturday maybe I should set it up with candles, wine have a ‘us’night….usually ring all the daughters, TV off and a talk night…

Carol..
    Are you well enough to have Louie? Has all your pain gone. You will do what’s best.

A big mass fast make it a good one…NFD for us but a light day.

Jean x

Hapus Dydd GΕ΅yl Dewi (Happy St David’s Day), everyone from a not very sunny Cardiff – nothing new there.

I think we really do have a mass fast again today, me as well.

Jean, have followed in your footsteps, trip to the tip yesterday and another one planned today and tidied 3 kitchen drawers so probably won’t find anything for weeks.

Angela, I think unexpected ‘date night’ is somehow nicer than planned ones, not that we partake any more. For a few years after we married we always went out on 22nd, like a mini anniversary every month. Then we had the kids and carried on when our eldest would still sleep in a car seat, but it lost it’s romance when once they needed highchairs and entertaining.

Keeping busy around the house and planning to venture into the attic tonight. Not been up there in ages so wish me luck.

Take care

Lynne x

Morning all

Not a single pancake passed my lips last night although I must have cooked 10 for Jacob – once a year doesn’t hurt though eh?

Normally only see my boyfriend once during the week on a Tuesday but he is coming over again tonight, which means wine & pudding lol – I usually cut back on Weds & Thursday to make up for Tuesday nights so I think I’ll have to work extra hard until the weekend. I could say no, but I doubt I’ll be over my tdee by much if at all and it’s a FD tomorrow.

How many of you don’t count your calories on nfds? I’m not sure I can trust myself with this just yet.

Have a great day all. Clare x

Lynne…

Looks like Audrey started the ball rolling, then us in the loft and garage, now you, Hemmy and Carol looking for cobwebs….all the jobs will be done before this lovely summer I am hoping for…

Hair coloured now but wet having a cup of tea before the blow dry! At least it will look better I hate to see roots…it’s a pain in the bum!

Good luck in the loft…hope there’s no πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•· spiders….we never saw any, not even one in loft or garage, must be all πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€..I am frightened of them…

Jean x

I did cobwebs at weekend!!! Feels great when your done πŸ˜‰

xx

The flooring is down yippee!!…the fitter has to come back tomorrow because the kick boards won’t go back on…boo hiss!..not eaten anything so far which is good because I eat under stress…

Stay strong my fellow fasters nearly half way through now…

Audrey xx

Clare, relationships are fun but fattening. πŸ˜‚ But you have that pudding if you can come under your TDEE.

All this talk of cleaning is making me feel guilty ladies. My cleaners some today so I will go home to a beautiful clean home. No cobweb clearing for me as I hate spiders! πŸ˜‚

xx

Hi Girls.. Xx

Lol we are all cleaning by the sound of it. All nesting for spring. Lol

Well… so far so good. Had 1 slice of toast with a bit of marmalade at 9am. Did a 2 hour field walk with Mr Pips in lovely sunshine.

Have just had 1 oz of mature cheddar ( it doesn’t look much ) lolol thinly sliced on a pretty plate with a satsuma. Because the new me thinks I am worth it. Drinking lots of water lol.

So 300 to go. Planning 1 boiled egg with green leaves and cucumber slices. At 4pm.

So far to tbh feel better than a normal FD. Sort of more relaxed about it. Wonder if its because its keeping the sugar level… Will see how the day pans out. Just love trying new ways with the 500.

Thinking out loud girls… When I started I just had anything I fancied.. then reading all the different threads …. no carbs… just soup…. Think all is ok if you stick with the 500. Think I get bored with the same old. lol

As I have said before one 500 doesn’t fit all. lolol

How’s it going with my fellow fasters. Xx

Good luck to fasters, hope alls well..NFD for us…

Passing an idea on maybe some of you make it, I haven’t for a long time..a quick pizza..

1 pitta bread, spread tomato purΓ©e, a bit of garlic on the top, a few slices of onion chopped little, 2 tablespoons of grated cheese, a small tomato sliced..10 mins in oven or I have done it under the grill in the past….210 calories

Of course, put ham, pineapple or whatever to change it to suit..

We have really enjoyed it for a change, Steve said he would be happy to have it for dinner more than enough….help to lower the calories..

Jean x

Afternoon you clean lot lol

Home from work, did a bit of shopping, soup for tea, with a couple of ryvita and a treat after everyone else in bed, of low cal crisps.

Daughter got invited to a friends house for after school and tea,little happy fist pump, only for my pal to phone and ask if I could have hers after school, very large urrgghhh, so much for quiet time and even worse I will have to amuse her myself πŸ˜•.

Stay strong it’s nearly tea time.

Sym.. that pizza sounds really good. Will try that.

Just had my boiled egg and leaves.. next 100 cals is a banana at 6pm. Then that leaves me enough for a cup of hot milk around 8pm.

Chuffed with how its gone today. Did well energy wise too… it hasn’t dipped like a usual FD when I wait till evening.

Cleaned lounge carpet to and lots of fiddling around with bits. lol Yay. Xx

Casp … Typical you got let off the hook to be put back on again. Life. You enjoy those crisps later. Xx

How is everyone else doing. Xx

Hi hemmy

I am going strong, although had a little wobble earlier, I decided to make banana bread and the smell when it was cooked was heavenly…πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡… but I DID NOT succumb..

Kedgeree for tea, I can eat cake tomorrow lolo…

Bye for now, hope everyone is doing well

Audrey xx

Oh well done Aud. Xx

Must have been hard… with that lovey smell.

Together we are stronger Xx

Hi all and stay strong all fasters! Not so long now.

Had a tiny sneak preview on scales this morning after the first fast day over and hoping on the way down after my annoyingly static Feb.

Hemmy, I think you are right mixing it up a bit might help. Even MM says there are things he advises differently on now, in terms of what and when you eat, from when he wrote the first book.

I think next week and maybe other weeks I might have a go at doing 3/4 again but instead of doing liquid only on all of those days, do Monday as liquid only then Weds&Thurs as 500 cals dinner only days.

I find the first liquid only on a Monday quite easy and the second day later in the week harder. I will have to count calories on the other two days which I find very painful but I think I need to have a change. The easy thing about liquid only is that you know you won’t hit 100 so you don’t need to count. Ah well it has to be done.

Have a good evening guys – fasting or not xx

Tammy…that’s a shame, a bit of quiet time then it disappears …

Hemmy…
    Sounds as if your food days gone well…we will see if it moves anything…we will be all swapping over…the pizza is good for one, we can’t eat a whole big one…keep the pitta bread in freezer you usually have everything else in…cheap..lol

Audrey…
    You are as bad as me baking on a FD….do you have much cake on a NFD? Generally? How did it go in the new oven…

Sarah..
    You are thinking it through and playing around….I am thinking of gaffer tape…over my mouth…lol

I will be upset on Friday if no movement…😬

Keep strong nearly finished….we are fasting tomorrow anybody with us?

Jean x

Grey miserable day here today. Actually glad to shut the curtains on it!

Glad to see that there is a bit more posivity around now. Maybe its because spring is on its way.

Audrey you are almost ready to do your happy new kitchen dance and Carol hope your eye is doing ok now.

Im interested with the thoughts of grazing 500 cals throughout the day. Not that I could do it though, it made wake up the hunger monster!
    Im still of the thinking that the fasting and long periods between meals is doing us good. Otherwise does it not become more of a calorie restriction approach. Maybe not, as 500 cals as opposed to 2000 is still fasting in some respects….
    Think I need to read up on the newer stuff and research.

My weight was ok this morning so as long as maintain the control tonight and get through the final fd of the week tomorrow, the scales may be kind on Friday morning.

Ellie is still eating and drinking, enjoying her walks and appears to be ok, which is good. She has another patch on her skin which is starting to break down so Im not sure if the steroids are actually doing their job in slowing things down, will tell more over the next few days.

Jean, I badly need to colour my hair too. Ive bought some but just keep putting it off.
    I think Ill do it on Friday or Saturday when Neil is at work , to give me something to do.

Those who are fasting today – keep it up, not much longer now πŸ™‚

Apparently the banana bread is lovely… Ian has tasted it… feeling very smug now I can turn my new oven on and off without the instruction manual πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜„..

I have popped on scales as I usually do on a fast day to give me the strength to not eat and I am lower than yesterday… it’s looking like my Saturday weigh in will actually be a loss and perhaps even a big loss!

Keep strong my Wednesday fellow fasters nearly there now, tomorrow we can all have cake if we choose to!

Night all, off to watch football now…. I promised Ian he could watch the match hehe…

Audrey xx

Hi Sarah … glad those scales are looking positive for you.

Yes.. I know for me it is shaking stuff up a bit that keeps me interested. Lol Kristy always says I have to tweak. lol

I have never done a liquid… not sure I could do it. Without food for a long space of time I feel “light”. I don’t suffer from needing to eat once I start. Only when I am being a wino. lol

Hope this next weigh will be good for you Sarah. Xx

Sym… Day has gone really well. I have low blood pressure so not sure if the smaller regular food helps. Feel better and more energy than usual on FD.
    Yes… we need some good results again to get us all ready for summer. I am size 12 bottoms M&S reg trousers /jeans. Still size 14 tops. Need to lose this bit extra .. Enjoy your evening Xx

Kay .. so glad Ellie is enjoying all the important things most of all your love. xx

I hope the scales are kind to you on Friday. I don’t think it matters too much what we have and how .. think that was the gist of it all when started. Everyone just puts their own signature to it I suppose. lol Every thing in life seems to be trial and error. Hopefully in 5-2s case not too many errors. lol.

I need to colour my hair too. Lolol What are we all like. Xx

ETA Just seen your post Aud. Ohhh well done… hopefully a big loss coming up. Xx

Kay…
    I am glad Ellie is holding her own, if she can walk and eat and you feel she reasonably happy…it’s a day at a time..I am holding my breath for Friday lets hope for a bit of movement…

Audrey…
    Looks good for you on the scales….you will have to eat out more often….lol it seems to work….we have booked the caravan for three nights away, Monday back on Thursday…first of the season..will still be fasting..🀞

Hemmy…
    I have low BP especially on a FD it goes lower, and low heart beat…go dizzy and light headed…doctor said drink more water…I still forget, I am naughty that way…I must push for that last bit…we are a bit the same…so near but so far….we will get there…πŸ˜€

Jean x

Evening all,

Sarah and Aud, fingers crossed the positive weighs stay until Friday.

Kay, please to hear Ellie is moving around well and enjoying her walks. It is loverly when our fur babies seem their usual selves.

Hemmy, I couldn’t manage on regular small meals… like others once the beast is awake I need to feed it. If sticking to small meals wasn’t a problem for me I wouldn’t be needing to lose weight in the 1st place! πŸ˜‚

Well, Sarah, my Myotape arrived today Unfortunately I can’t say the same as you and my waist circumference is not less than half my height. Work in progress… πŸ˜†

Not too bad NFD for me today. I’m so far at 1000 cals which includes a cream scone. Then had a tuna sandwich for lunch and chicken and mushroom stir fry for tea. I’ve a few calories left for a snack if I fancy this evening.

Clare, you asked earlier if anyone tracks on NFD’S.. honestly, only if I think I’m in control. The minute I’m over I stop logging! πŸ˜‚

Tammy, hope you’re getting some peace at least.

xx

Sym … thought this interesting …

Think I will have a word with a nice guy at Holland and Barrett tomoz. Xx

Vitamin deficiency and blood pressure
    Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) is important for properly use carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids. Vitamin B5 deficiency leads to too much sodium salt removal from the body. Vitamin B5 deficiency has symptoms such as headache, fatigue, insomnia, intestinal disturbances, and numbness and tingling of their hands and feet. Vitamin B5 help raise energy, stamina, and blood pressure.Β  Food rich in vitamin B5 are mushrooms, cheese, oily fish, avocados, eggs, meat (specifically rich in liver), sunflower seeds, corn, broccoli, squash and sweet potatoes. Xx

Hemmy..
    Sounds like me even tingling in hands and arms…
    I don’t eat half of what you said we should be..
    Have a word with your man I would be interested…I don’t do liver, squash, broccoli, sweet potatoes, avocado, oily fish ……don’t mind tuna and salmon, seeds and nuts, meat, cheese and mushrooms..

Angela..
    I log everything but like you if going well over the towel goes in and I stop…πŸ˜‚..quite rarely though…

Jean x

Sym… I don’t do Liver.. squash ..sweet potatoes .. oily fish. avocado.

Yes.. will see what he recommends. … I take… 1 cod liver oil tab…Berocca.. and Wellwoman. lots of vits and mins in it but may need some extra. Will also get sunflower seeds had forgotten about them. Xx

NFD for me today and what I have eaten isn’t dreadful but definitely won’t be artificially reducing metabolism that’s for sure. Lovely working buffet lunch today made good choices but ate plenty.

Kay, so pleased Ellie is enjoying her food and walks. One day at a time and actually who really knows how this might pan out. You will know.

Jean, LOL! pass the gaffer tape round!

Audrey, you seem to have got to grips with new oven double fast.

Hemmy, Say hello to Stratford for me. I used to be there so regularly. Enjoy your lovely lunch out with Kristy. Thought you ate Salmon and I think that counts as oily fish? Maybe I am wrong. I do think the magnesium is helping in a variety of ways, including ahem..food transit and sleep. Have given up on the ACV…except in salads.

Angela, people carry weight differently I guess. I doubt I would ever get to Hemmy’s 12 on bottom 14 on top. Other way round for me. I don’t want a bigger top, quite happy with that but I sure do want a smaller tummy, hips and bottom bit.

Waist/ height ratio must be easier when you are 5ft 9. My hip measurement (minus hold in underwear) is shocking and actually pantomime hilarious (45 inches!!!) I can’t understand why I have got to this quite old age without having ever measured myself before. Wake up call or what….

Morning

Quick post from me, it’s the last busy day, the dining room set is due before 9, kitchen fitter at 8 and man coming to measure for new blinds at 10…..then we are done until the blinds arrive…

Will be back later, have a good day everyone

Audrey x

Morning all,

Sarah, I definitely don’t have much waist definition. I’m the same size top and bottom so I’m a bit more straight up and down. I didn’t measure my hips, I should do.

Aud, nearly there. Hope you’re enjoying your lovely new space.

Another NFD for me. I hope to remain in control. I’ve kept a 1lb loss all week so if I can be good today, FD tomorrow, then I hope for a pleasant weigh on Saturday. Fingers crossed. xx

Good morning lovelies πŸ™‚ Hope everyone is doing well.

I’m out for lunch today, need to keep it low. Its a NFD, but I don’t tend to eat a lot at work, as I don’t want to sit here feeling too full!

Hemmy, it sounds like I need some Vitamin B5, I have the tingling and numbness in my hands quite often πŸ™

Audrey, have a great day, nearly sorted now πŸ™‚

Jean, I’d usually be fasting today, but had to alter it due to lunch out. Good luck with your day πŸ™‚

Almost weekend, and we’re away in the campervan again Saturday/Sunday .. I can’t wait!!!!!!!!

Love to all xx

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Looks to be a pretty day so far.

Sarah .. I have never thought of salmon as an oily fish. Lol Of course I can now see it is so that’s good. I love it. Couldn’t eat any of the other ones especially canned. Lol Thank you for that. Love Stratford… old and new mixed well. We spent a lot of time there and Warwick as we had a canal boat which we moored at Southam. Lovely area lovely times. Xx

Aud.. last leg of the kitchen now all the hard work done… will be lovely for you to see it all coming together now. Xx

Gotto… have a good day NFD.. keep that lb at bay. Lol We are never satisfied with our figures.. I have always been slim hipped … but bigger top. Think if you are small at top you look slimmer. Lolol Xx

DF Have a good lunch being mindful. Lol Going to talk to the guy at H&B today about Vit 5 hopefully .. He is very knowledgeable. Will report back. Xx

Sym .. hope you have a good result on those pesky Scales. Xx

Have a good day all. Xx

Brit lovelies .

Life’s so short. Lets get out there. We can do it. Everyone one of us can do it. Everyone. Xx

Morning Hemmy. I agree, I think if you’re smaller up top you look smaller all over. Unfortunately I have a larger than average bust and this makes tops not sit well and can cause me to look bigger if the top is too loose fitting or I have ever to buy a size bigger for them, then it just hangs. I recently discovered a shop called Pepperberry which is fabulous for getting tops and dresses to fit in the right places.

DF, have a good lunch out. Try to make wise choices.

Today we will be ordering in pizza for all staff for lunch in a mini celebration of the team’s hard work in bringing this plant back to life. I will try to abstain. I have discovered that pizza really scuppers the diet for me. xx

Morning everyone

NFD today and planning to break my fast at lunch today.

Quite a few people suffering from tingling and numbness, I think B12/folate is also a cause.

I’m another with heart rate and blood pressure. Heart rate usually high 40’s low 50’s. Blood pressure has always been low, fainted on school bus, Headmaster’s funeral – always embarrassing places. Was referred to my GP by the gym in my early 20’s but he said not a problem, just try to avoid fainting, don’t stand in queues? We’re British, we queue, not sure how I could get round that one.

Didn’t get into the loft yesterday, too much running around last night and didn’t sit down until 9pm.

DF, hope you have a great lunch. I always want a little nap if I eat anything other than a small meal at lunch, which never goes well with work in the afternoon.

Audrey, not long now and the kitchen will be completed and you’ll have the house back to yourselves.

Height:Waist ratio, at 5’3″ I’m fighting a losing battle and need my waist to shrink by 3.5″, but still have about 2.5 stone to lose, so we’ll see how it goes.

Having a quiet day today, youngest (15) home ill. She’s got a bad throat and hacking cough and made it to school but has been feeling sick so I’ve been on a mercy dash to collect her. Can’t complain really, I don’t think she’s missed a day for about 3 years, so one duvet day won’t hurt.

Good luck anyone on FD today, It’ll be my turn tomorrow.

Lynne x

Morning All…

A beautiful day here but should be raining??

The scales are not being kind to both of us maybe they are sulking….we have been very good since Sunday so it’s back to the Friday and Saturday …we really must watch 7 days not 5…but I don’t want a diet I want a WOL….although I am the same, Steve’s up 2 lbs?? We have not eaten that much….official weigh in tomorrow.
    After all busy work in loft and garage this week…sometimes it’s better not doing anything…

We are out and about a bit today, a few jobs to do…upstairs clean later..

Audrey..
    You still sound really busy, all exciting things I like a bit of a change, blinds, table and chairs. And kitchen finished…..lovely.

Sarah…
    You will get your hips down..I was 43″ last year I am now 38″, at last measurement..πŸ˜€Like you at 5’8″ you can be heavy and get away with it and it creeps up…but we know it’s there..☹️

Hemmy..
    I love Stratford, it’s a while since I have been…Katie used to stay at The Swan and Sygnet Hotel, when she was flying, I think that it’s name just over the river. I regularly stayed over night with her. We used to go shopping…a few years ago now….memories of daughter times……have a lovely day.

Await the tablet news…

Angela..
    Well done at keeping the weight down for the week….it looks like the weekend is still playing up for us..☹️

DF..
    Have a lovely lunch out today …hope it goes well…..enjoy your weekend in the camper..Spring around the corner…BBQ will soon be out..

Lynne..
    Hope your day goes well with the invalid…she will keep you on your toes they always do…lol

Jean x

Anybody else fasting with us today?

Jean x

Aw my post has disappeared, the site logged me out!

Anyway FD today, last 2 nights have been big meals so I’m ready for it. Think I’ll have mussels for tea as they finally had them back in stock at Aldi!

Have a great day all x

Hi Clare..

Looks like the three of us then….going out away from the kitchen a bit of shopping and bank…keep strong and enjoy your mussels tonight..

Jean x

Im fasting today today, although heart not in it. Weight ok this morning so should see a loss this week, we’ll see in the morning.

Going to potter around in the garden for an hour or so.

I really want to enjoy Ellies final days with us but I just feel constantly upset and it feels as though I am just awaiting that inevitable decision making day rather than making the most of every day. I need to change my mind set somehow….
    A lack of sleep doesnt help!!

Kay, I am thinking of you.

I have made the sad decision with 3 very old cats and one 8 year old dog. I think rarely animals die at a time of their natural end these days because owners want to make decisions that save them from suffering when an end is inevitable.

I don’t know if you’ve done this before. I have and I hope the account below which summarises what I learned will help. If you feel it might upset you I hope you will be able to avoid reading below.

STOP READING NOW IF YOU WANT TO

By the time I got to the second cat I knew what I was doing. I knew what was coming and I knew what I had to do. I spend more time calmly cuddling with them in the lead up. On the day I made sure I was calm and focussed on them. I held them during the event talking softly to them and stroking them. With my dog I was with him but crying and upset and this was not good for him and I remember this badly and with regret.

With cat 2 I remembered what I needed to do and controlled myself for her sake. I carried her into the vet and she remained on my knee calmly throughout. I was warned she’d pass water. She did but who cares?! I did not want her on the table. I remember it well, not without tears in the remembering it but I was doing the right thing in the right way for her. My last act of love for her. Some vets will come to the house too.

What I am saying is that you will remember the next few weeks or months for the rest of your life and I hope you will find ways to make those memories more bearable or some happy ones even. I am so sorry if I’ve said too much Kay. X

Hi all am fasting today and I desperately want some change on my bloomin scales! So fear/hope re scales will keep me strong. That being said I am ravenous. Plus very stressy at work which makes me crave sugar. Blimey it is not easy is it?

Clare, enjoy those mussels. I love them but don’t do them at home as OH always upchucks after. We’ve learned the hard way. 48 hours in romantic Barcelona completely ruined by vommit amd worse…

Hemmy, I yearn for slim hips…those happy memories sound strong and very lovely xx

Jean, I know you’ve got a few pounds you still want to shift but hips at 38 really has to count as slim. That is not much bigger than my waist! I sound a monster now!! I know those scales are b******s but keep going. Surely it is some holiday adjustment thing.

I’m yet another with lowish blood pressure. So many of us here – how strange. My dad had it too and I’ve always assumed I inherited it from him.

Aah well back to real life…..xx

Please can I join in? πŸ™‚ I’m Anna, early thirties, live near London, just started fasting last week, and today is my fourth FD. Usually fasting Mons and Thurs. This week thought I might try yesterday but I wasn’t feeling v well (I have a cold) and had to give in. So trying again today!

Chicken seems to be my best bet on fast days, I have found myself having a fillet at lunch and another for dinner, marinaded in something interesting (today it’s cajun sauce), with salad/veggies. Might need to mix things up a bit as can see this getting boring!

x

Viewing 50 posts - 10,351 through 10,400 (of 35,409 total)

You must be logged in to reply.