Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,972 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,401 through 10,450 (of 35,459 total)

• Hi all

I am fasting with you all today, going well so far.

I have been good and made cottage pie for tea, I am not a lover, it is just mince and tatties in disguise, although I did have to taste for seasoning.

I am having cod in sauce, each bit is only 111 calories so I will have 2, which leaves me enough for my treat of low fat crisps later, this is a habit I have just recently gotten into, but it helps as I have them when I would normally snack.

Audrey the end is in sight, you are so lucky

Kay thinking of you both and Ellie.

Lynn hope your daughter gets better soon, my one just seems to be running from one illness to the next and she never used to be like that, I think it might be body changes, she is 11 and started her period at Christmas, so lots going on with her and maybe run down.

Thinking of everyone one else and missing a few, louise, cookie, and others who’s names escape me just now.

Carol hope the eye is good.

Speak later xxx

Thanks Sarah, that actually helped xx

I’ve managed to stop being upset around her and when the time comes I will do my best to be calm too. I can grieve later.

I have been pottering around in the garden planting summer bulbs and she has been outside lay in the sun πŸ™‚

Short walk later.

Just had a splash of skimmed milk in my coffee, the only calories so far today. White fish and veg for tea.

Hope the rest of the fasters are doing OK too.

Hi everyone

My daughter went back to bed at 9am and got up at 2.30, good even for a teenager. Checked on her a few times but just cuddled up with the dog.

Anna, welcome. We all fast in different ways and on different days, so there’s always someone else fasting with you. I think in the early days it’s reassuring to stick with a formula you know, and chicken is always a safe bet. Over the weeks you can tweak what you have on FD, just see what keeps you feeling satisfied. Homemade veg soup is always a popular and filling option.

Kay, today sounds absolutely perfect. Don’t be too hard on yourself, just relax together if you can. You’re in my thoughts.

Sarah, so many of us have been there. Thank you for sharing your experiences. I don’t think these decisions would/should ever be easy to deal with, if I were easy it would be because we don’t care. Knowing that our decision comes out of love helps us accept when the time is right.

I’m really enjoying my NFD. Smoked mackerel salad for lunch and pork loin with a creamy sauce and veg for supper. Fasting again tomorrow, so enjoying a nice food day today.

A rare sunny day here, seems to really lift the spirits.

Welcome Anna, shout if you gave any questions…

The kitchen is finally finished, blinds ordered…

Good luck to all fasters

Audrey x

Hi All…..

Anna…
    Welcome…come and start your journey with us….keep popping by and get to know us we are a friendly bunch…ask questions if you want, plenty here to help.

Kay..
    There’s not a lot to say…our thoughts are with you…I just stroked and kissed Symba, while it all happened, stroked her all the way home….made her comfy in her favourite place in the garden….not a nice thing but you have loved them through life until the final end. As I have said I still have her basket in the lounge, it’s a comfort to both Steve and myself. πŸ’•πŸ’•

Sarah..
    Keep strong, we both must. I think I am getting nearly there I really have to fight to get any more off, last 7 lbs now…..I will keep going but I do want treats and wine on the way. Trying to head for 10,000 steps today, it’s a long time since I have..so making the effort.

Tammy…
    Keep strong nearly there enjoy your cod in a sauce…..lamb chops for us with salad, getting hungry a bit but fine..

Lynne…
    Hope daughters feeling better and you have had a lazy day, enjoy your pork tonight.

Audrey..
    Lovely to hear it’s all finished….pictures please…all ready for the girls at the weekend…you will be ready for some down time…hope the backs holding out…

I have been out and bought some new tee shirts, 5 vests to go with shorts and one short sleeve, I need more short sleeved, waiting for more to come in…

Keep strong fasters nearly dinner time…πŸ˜€

Jean x

Welcome Anna …Chicken sounds a good start. You will find your way and see what suits you best. We are all different but hopefully all heading the same way. Lol Lots of helpful people here all looking out for each other .. you have come to a good place. Xx

Sym and DF … had no luck today tracking and finding out about B5. Holland and Barratt were closed till 2pm..which was unusual but have done before as its only a small one. Couldn’t wait because of parking.. so went to Superdrug .. pharmacist a nice guy showed him what I was taking and said about low blood pressure … a bit of anxiety at times since losing my partner … not good sleeping. He said it wasn’t in Wellwoman supplement and would be ok to take it see how I go. Didn’t know where to find it though searched the B section … then said probably Boots or H&B. So tried Boots and they didn’t have it . Anyway annoyed as that was one of my projects today. ( when I get something in my head) Lol Going to try Stratford Sat as Kristy is always up for their stuff.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day Xx

Hemmy I have found them on Amazon! Lots of different ones.. I got my vitamin D3 off Amazon ….hope this helps ❀❀

Audrey xx

Hemmy..
    Thanks for looking maybe Saturday will be better…

All finished for the day just under 500 calories so all is well.

Going out for lunch tomorrow with our friends, looking forward to a catch up….they are off to India next week doing The Golden Triangle like we did last year they are getting very excited…

Jean x

Hi Aud.. Thank you. I can get them on line but I want to know the ins and outs of a ducks backside about them. Lolol Just wanted to ask which were the best for me. .. or anything else they can recommend. Lolol Xx

Sym you have both done well today… hopefully some good news at official weigh.

You can now enjoy your lunch tomorrow with FD under your belt. Didn’t weigh Tues … good FD yesterday .. think those 100 cal snacks are for me. Felt much better than going a long time not eating. FD tomorrow .. Sat weigh hopefully the 3lbs I put on over the last 2 weeks will have done a bunk.Lol

Day 5 no wine or whine now. Lol Yay. Xx

Hemmy…

Scales not looked good all week…so we will see.

Hoping you have good results Saturday, before you go out with Kirsty…lol

Have a good evening…

Xx

Hi all,

I’ve missed alot today it seems. Too much to comment to everyone as the page also turned.

Kay, I’m so sorry you’re so upset. It’s perfectly understandable. I’ve never had to put my own pet down before but I think Sarah’s advice is invaluable and I will heed it too when the time comes. Enjoy as much time as you can with dear Ellie, try to let it be full if as much happiness, cuddles and love as possible.
    I did have to take my Mum’s last dog and I didn’t cry whilst the vet put him to sleep, but afterwards I clung to my brother and sobbed my heart out. it wasn’t even the family dog from when I was young. If you can, make sure you have all the support you need when the time comes.xx

Well done to those who’ve achieved a successful fast day, and to everyone keeping to TDEE on a NFD.

You’ll be pleased to hear I was so manic at work I did get to announce pizzas, therefore they didn’t happen, so I’m off target for another well under TDEE day. FD tomorrow for me.
    The good news is, I’m now under my hubby’s weight again… I was chasing him down for a while.

I saw some posts about hip measurements today… uhm, where does everyone measure this? For me I always measure around during my hips and bum at what seems the widest part? 41 inches for me but I’m only 5ft 3… xx

Hi all and welcome Anna

Just back from Pilates. Really good session and felt good despite no food. I feel confident I can achieve it for today now. Will go to bed shortly, looking forward to dinner tomorrow night with some friends who are great company. There will be several of us really wanting to see some scale movement tomorrow, I am one of them.

Hope everyone else had a good day foodwise fasting or not. Xx

Audrey, congratulations on kitchen.

Angela, I looked up online where to weigh and did the widest point on hips and wide it was. Also meaured neck just out of interest 13.5 inches LOL not expecting or needing to lose anything there. Unlike the wretched hips…..

Welcome Anna.

Congratulations on the finished kitchen Audrey. How lovely.

Well done Sarah. I’ve finished for the day too and within FD allowance although wish I’d done a fluid fast now as I’ve just hopped on the scales before bed, just out of interest, and I’m up a bit up from this morning which means back down in the morning to this mornings weigh in! Lol

Interestingly I have low blood pressure too. A good sign apparantly. A sign of fitness…haha…not feeling very fit at the moment!

Looks like a rubbish day weather wise tomorrow so nothing planned.

I have 4 weeks til my birthday so I would like to shift a few pounds and get back under the stone figure again.

I’ve had no alcohol all week which is unusual but it definitely makes a difference. I’m not abstaining completely as I enjoy it but going to carry on as I have been this week. Very little in the way of sugars too.

Early night for me in an attempt to get some sleep and ease my stiff neck which I’ve had for days.

Good luck tomorrow for those weighing in, or fasting, or taking neck measurements!! xx

Kay, just wondering if magnesium supplement taken at night might help a bit with sleep. It is meant to do that and ease muscles too. I have just started with them and I think I can tell a difference either that or I am imagining it. Glad you are not feeling much like alcohol at the mo. It isn’t helpful at times like this xx

Thought this was interesting for us Low Blood Pressure peeps. Probably why I felt better yesterday after those small snacks instead of one meal. Xx

Avoid caffeine at night, and limit your alcohol intake – thisΒ can help you to avoid becoming dehydrated, which can also cause low blood pressure.

Eat small, frequent meals rather than large ones – this can help prevent postprandial hypotension (low blood pressure after eating). Lying down after eating or sitting still for a while may also help.

Interesting there are so many low blood pressure peeps on here.

Personally I’m the opposite. 2 emergency trips to A&E in the last 2 years with BP over 190/105 😣 Although last time it was checked it was 130/75 so normal.

I’m not sure I understand food’s affect on BP other than cholesterol, salt etc? xx

Morning all

Been awake since 4.45 so go up really early again… I may try the magnesium and see if it helps me.

At the Dr’s this morning for result on thyroid blood test, hoping they increase my dosage wish me luck..

Ian is back in work tonight, it hadn’t been a restful time off to say the least, he hasn’t stopped…

Non fast day for me today, it seems strange not to do a Friday fast. We are having a morrisons breakfast when we go to the Dr as it is next door to the practice, I will have the light breakfast I think, scrambled eggs bacon tomato and brown toast…

Off now to introduce the new kitchen to the steam cleaner!

Back later, have a good day everyone keep in touch, together we are stronger

Audrey x

Morning everyone

3lbs down! Amazed and delighted. Total loss = 31lbs BMI exactly 26 Total left to go = 16lbs

Next target is to have less than a stone to lose.

February was so static for me with a total loss of only 2lbs and that was early in the month so I am hoping this loss means I am on the way down again. I’ve been trying to think if I did anything differently this week but don’t really think so.

Audrey good luck at doctors today and with the magnesium if you give it a go.

Good luck today to any fasters. And I hope anyone else weighing finds their scales are similarly well behaved xx

Good Morning Sarah, wooohoooo, well done on the 3lbs. That is fantastic. You have done brilliantly this week.

Aud, good luck for the Dr’s this morning. Hope you get the result you want. Enjoy the yummy breakfast. Morrisons breakfasts are good.

FD for me today. Hopefully I’ll make it a good one. I had another good day yesterday, under TDEE. Scales still being kind so I hope it continues for weigh tomorrow. xx

Morning all

Sarah how fantastic you must be chuffed.

Audrey enjoy that breakfast.

Well I must of enjoyed myself far too much last week, what can I say the scales don’t lie 2lbs up 😲, hopefully this is a blip and next week I do better, how ever I have 3 meals out next week all my catch ups have landed together, so may weigh a day early as 2 are Thursday,Friday. We will see.

Hope everyone has better luck than me, good luck any fasters.

Tammy xxx

Hi Tammy. Oh no. Sorry, I forgot, but is it you that’s reduced your number of FD’S this week? xx

Hi Angela,

Yeah it was me, think I will go back to 3 fasts and stuck to that, but no amount of fasts will help if I don’t stop stuffing my face on nnfd’s lol.

Oh and I am with you re: blood pressure, I am border line high, but so far have managed to avoid any medication, except when I was pregnant, then it shot through the roof. I do know that my stopping smoking has had a good effect on it.

Tammy, easy on, easy off. You can probably get rid of that before Thurs/Fri meals out. Are you counting cals on NFDs? If not, maybe you could for a while to make sure you are under TDEE. NFDs are the key for all of us. You have done so well overall. X

Morning everyone

Sarah, 3lb is marvellous, and makes up for your disappointment in Feb.

Audrey, good luck this morning. I’m also hypothyroid and always ask for my results as I know I need to be at the very bottom (or even below) range to feel well. I’ve got a GP now who accepts everyone feels better at a different point in the range and is happy to humour me. Enjoy Morrison’s breakfast – haven’t had one of those for years.

Tammy, as Sarah said, when weight gain it is also the easiest to lose. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Glad the scales are cooperating and good luck for tomorrow.

Anyone else on FD today?

Angela, I’m on FD today with you.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, not looking forward to Dr’s visit think I may have a fight on my hands…

Will let you all know later how I get on..

Sarah 3lb off wonderful one happy dance for you!…I am 1lb down so far yeah!

Back later

Audrey x

Morning All…

Going out later to have lunch with our friends we catch up every couple of months, we are both a hour away from the pub, usually a carvery so not too bad.

Weigh in to day, Steve the same ( he lost more last week), I have lost 2 lbs, I didn’t expect that….I stayed the same every day!!

Audrey…
    Good luck at the doctors hope he changes the meds for you…have a lovely breakfast at Morrisons.

Sarah..
    3lbs wow well done…we have now both lost 31 lbs..snap!

Tammy…
    It’s hard when it’s up but will soon come down again…..

Hemmy enjoy the weekend with Kirsty and going to Stratford…

I think we may get some magnesium, if it helps with sleep and leg ache…NFD for us today..

Have a good day the fasters and a good one everyone else…

Jean x

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Rain and grey skies here today… muddy walk awaits. Lol

Oh well done Sarah so very pleased for you and well deserved . 3lbs that’s

Brillint. 3lbs … 3lbs…3lbs… Yay that looks sooo good Sarah. Xx

Gotto and Pasha with you today on FD. Good luck to us all. Xx

Casp… disappointing I know…but just a blip in the mysterious world of 5-2. You are on the right track so just keep going. You are doing so well Xx

Aud .. hope Drs go well. Enjoy that yummy sounding breakie. Well deserved after all your hard work. Xx

Anna … how are you doing. Xx

Well girls .. lets all have a good day whatever we have planned. 5 100 cal snacks for me.. Just had a slice of toast to start.

Isn’t it lovely how we are all bouncing off each other sharing tips … problems… vitamins etc. Our very own club. Xx

We are always open to others wanting to join in with us… nice to shake it up with new faces and ideas.

Brit lovelies…

Lets Plant our own gardens and decorate our own soul, instead of waiting for someone else to bring us flowers. Xx

Sym … Just seen your post. Yay Yay so well done. 2 lbs fantastic news.

Enjoy your lunch… So pleased for you. Xx

Jean 2lb off yeah another happy Weight Loss dance for you… if we keep losing I am going to get very fit with all this dancing!

Hemmy I couldn’t eat little bits you just leave me on awe of your willpower…

Off now, back later

Audrey x

Morning all – lost my last post!

Essentially, did a FD on Wednesday but too busy hosting stuff to get on line, and then went through to stay with a friend before a conference I had to attend yesterday. Before I went, I had to dye the boy’s hair…World Book Day and he was determined to go as Harry Potter’s best friend Ron Weasley. I don’t dye my hair, so not very experienced at this…hysterically funny! But funniest of all is the reaction of other mums when they discover that it’s permanent dye! What a terrible mother I am! What I know is that the boy is due one of his dad’s haircuts…they don’t happen often and he is instantly transformed from a scruffy long-haired urchin into a ‘hug you or mug you’ skinhead. Most of the orange should be gone by Monday!

Managed a very restrained day at the conference yesterday, and I’m hoping to do similarly working quietly on some writing I need to finish at home today.

Well done on your loss, Jean – and thank you for what you wrote the other day for Kay about taking an animal to the vet. I’m tucking it away for when we have this done to do in the next couple of years.

Mx

Morning all TFI Friday!

Oh Minols that’s hilarious & just the sort of thing I’d do lol! Jacob has gone as Harry as always, he is Harry Potter mad and we have the audiobooks playing on a loop constantly so I feel I too know them all off by heart!

Some great losses today, well done Sarah & Jean, keep at it Tammy x

NFD for me today and the start of a child free weekend which will undoubtedly include lots of lovely food & wine although I still meticulously count every calorie, I know I need to try and relax a little so that it can become a way of life but I think for now I’ll carry on as I am, at least for the next 10lb anyway. Good news is that today I’m in my old (extra relaxed) skinny jeans πŸ™‚ I haven’t worn these for months.

Have a good day all. Clare x

Minols…
    Sarah also wrote about her experience at the vets, we both did a write up…don’t want to take all the credit..

What a nightmare for the boy…..but very funny…good job he is going to have it all off Monday….lol

DF…
    Enjoy your weekend away you will be busy getting things together…

Clare…
    Have a lovely child free weekend…always nice..πŸ˜€

Just getting ready for the off for lunch….will be back later

Jean x

Aud… don’t be in awe of me eating little bits… its only on fast days. Lol

Equally I couldn’t do liquid days like you and others. Also I cant hack waiting for one meal in the evening. I feel too tired.

Lolol Maybe we are all so very awesome in our own ways. Xx

Minois… lol bet you have caused a bit of a stir at school today. Lol All good fun..they are young for such a short while… best enjoy every minute. Xx

Clare .. what a lovely start to a super week-end for you… starting by the skinny jeans again. Yay. Xx

Sym.. have something nice for lunch. Xx

Carol… how is it going with you. Xx

Hi all,

Really fed up now…. back from the Dr my thyroid test was in the middle of the range so he won’t up my dosage… apparently looking back over several years I have been kept on a really high dosage so now my body has been put on a low thyroxine dose it is struggling to cope and this is probably the reason I have regained my weight and now find it almost impossible to lose..He also thinks my body is probably used to fasting after 2 years. So i am not sure where I go from here, do I stop fasting for a while and just watch what I eat? I managed to maintain over the past few weeks not fasting so is this the way to go, then come back to fasting later in the year.

Any imput/advice will be gratefully received..

Audrey xx

Really tough one, Aud. You might be on to something, though, if you stop fasting for a few weeks – maintain (which may be as hard as fasting!) – and then restart again. I can’t remember – do you do high fats? because that might be another angle?

Mull it over, but maybe don’t make decisions til you’re out of the ‘fed-up-ness’ stage.

Mx

Oh Audrey, that’s not good, do what you feel is right, maybe try the break and see what happens, maybe all your body needs is a reset, then try again.

Xxx

Well done on losses Jean and Audrey. Hope I haven’t missed anyone else who has lost.

Audrey, no experience of what you are going through. Maybe your body will adjust itself in a while once it gets used to not being on an inappropriately high dose? I hope others have more experience of it amd can respond better. I agree though need to take time to properly consider your strategy.

Minols I love that you allowed your son to have permanently coloured hair (albeit soon cut) to look like a book character. Outrageous and wonderful. I bet when he’s 35 he will still think of it and remember to sometimes act his shoe size not his age. LOL!!!

Clare, well done on the skinnies, have a fab weekend.

Hemmy, getting ready for your trip to lovely Stratford. Hope you are not too muddy!

Audrey…
    If you try and have a break…really watch the scales and see how it goes….or just fast the two days and carry on even for health benefits.

I have been looking on plateaus on line and have come across “Calorie Cycling”… I am starting this week…Friday and Saturday eating up to 200 calorie under TDEE, a low Sunday under 1200 cals, 500 Monday….Tuesday a high day up to 200 cals TDEE, Wednesday under 1200, Thursday 500.

We have been eating very low calories..NFDs 800,900 cals sometimes up to 1200… far to low for Steve. There is weight you want to loose, vanity weight and your body set point at what it’s happy at. Shaking the calories about gets the body out of what it’s expecting as it fine tunes into what you are doing.

Drinking more water which I don’t do, also getting more fibre in your body to keep you full but goes straight through without the calories. This is to change the body setting point, which I seem to have been on for 4 months. This happens a lot on the last 7 lbs to loose but also after loosing 20 lbs of weight.

Anyone doing excerise it is the same, do different or your body gets used to one thing and it doesn’t help because it allows for it.

It’s a thought for me and Steve but also for a few others, Hemmy, Minols, Sarah and you….as it says all very easy at the beginning we all loose weight quite fast then slows down, your body is so fine tuned it knows exactly what you are doing…so it wants shaking up..πŸ˜‚

Jean x

Aud… whatever you decide don’t LEAVE THIS THREAD AS WE NEED YOU HERE Xxxx

Like Sarah don’t have any experience of this problem but gut feeling in your shoes would go along with the Drs advise. JMO of course.

Maybe a good one would be to see how this lower medication works /settles. You have been maintaining while under great difficulties with kitchen use.

We are always here for you Aud.

Sym usually comes up with good common sense will be interesting to see what she says too. Xx

Loss for me today too, 1.5lbs down and finally back under the 10 stone marker at 9.13!
    In total I have lost 1st 3lbs and have 6lbs to go to my goal -or at least to see how I feel there.

I got down to 9 st 12.5 at the beginning of December, so not back to my lowest yet and it has taken me since the beginning of June to get here, so hardly steady progress.

Well done Sarah, Jean and Audrey πŸ™‚

Minols, that made me chuckle – the boy with a permanent Ron Weasley look!!

Audrey, how long have you been on the lower dose? Its obviously not good to be on a higher dose than your body needs, but maybe it needs time to adjust?

Clare, well done on the jeans. Have a fabulous weekend.

Hemmy, keep going with your little snacks, it seems to really work for you.

Tammy, keep strong and balance next week out with low days/partial days.

Anna, hows it going?

Have a good day all, whether fasting or not.

Kay x

Lol Sym … just missed your post. xx Knew you would be sensible.

Can you remember last year when Kristy had that lovely Billie the Personal Trainer and he went mad at her for going to low without food. Said her body would go into a mode of not losing as it would be hanging on to weight not knowing when the next food was coming. lol

Not sure if there is any truth in that but it makes you think.

Missed 1pm oz of cheese so with 200 catch to spend just going to have .. 1 toast .. with a fried egg on one half and a few toms and mushrooms on the other. Slash of daddies. Lol will be tasty and filling. 200 to spend then. Xx

Sarah … VERY Wet and muddy this morning. Dismal old day … took my elderly neighbour across the road some daffodils and you would have thought I had given gold.

Sometimes in this hurried world we forget how a little simple gesture makes a difference. Xx

Kay .. Fab—u … lous whey hey way to go girly. Xx

So very chuffed for you. Just 6lbs to goal brilliant news.

I am hoping to lose that 3lbs I put on over the last 2 weeks Sat weigh. Had got to 10st … only had 7lbs to go.

Sym will be laughing as with Kristy coming all could revert back Lol

Things not brilliant at work either so she will be needing some TLC.

But… hey girls we know its all very doable if we just play the game and do it properly. Xx

Hi Kay

Was put on the lower dose last June….have struggles with weight ever since. Put on loads last summer, not lost much since.

Have now been on 52 for 2 years last week and have lost 15lbs… was a LOT more..😭😭…

Lots of ideas will take some time to decide what to do. Vicky is coming tomorrow she is a nurse so can ask her too…just doesn’t seem any point in continuing to fast when it’s not working for me at the moment..

Aud x

Kay…
    Good news under the 10 stone marker and with your weight off this week..

Hemmy…
    You are fasting today…the small meals sound a good idea…I don’t think Steve would approve likes to get his teeth into something…lol

We had a carvery today really lovely…then a piece of gateau..😬..we don’t usually, won’t be having much more today. Still we are on our new high day so 500 cals more but good cals…we will see how we go..πŸ˜€

Must get drinking the water going…I did laugh at what you were saying have a fun day tomorrow..

Audrey…
    Don’t get fed up it’s only how you are feeling now….you will be tired of all the up side down mess, then putting it all back together…although very exciting, we are getting older and it takes longer..

Please don’t leave us…keep the gang together.. soon be caravanning for you..πŸ˜€

As Steve would says..No panic, just continue it will sort its self out…

Jean x

Aud, Kay and Jean, well done on your losses this week. Wooohooo.

Aud, Sorry you didn’t get the result you wanted at the Dr’s today. Please try not to be too disheartened. I know you’re disappointed with your losses, but maybe relax a bit, it’s worked for you this week. x

Tammy, it could just be food in transit if you’ve changed your routine. Fingers crossed for you it’s just a temporary blip.

Well, Marmite went back to the vets today. Her blood pressure has come right back to normal. We’ve agreed now we’ll keep her on the pain relief meds and blood pressure meds as she has a good quality of life with those, but I’ve explained that if she goes downhill again I won’t take her back. It’s not fair to keep putting her through that stress. These meds we can manage, but anymore and it interferes with her quality of life too much.

She did a dirty protest though on the way to the vets. I attempted to clean her up with wetwipes when we got home but it was everywhere and she stunk, so she ended up having a bath in the kitchen sink! lol She’s not impressed and currently looks like a drowned rat! Haha.

Well, my FD is going ok, I’ve had nothing yet other than a couple of coffees with milk. I have that lovely low cal fish and chips from M&S for tea but I can’t wait, I’m hungry today. Trying to hold off as long as I can. I’m currently showing a 1.5lb loss this week, hoping that shifts again by tomorrow morning to an even better number (and certainly hoping it doesn’t disappear in the morning!)
    xx

Angela..
    Good news on Marmite ..good all her meds are working…I think you are right they can only put up with so much…you will know when the times right…but anyway all is good at the moment.

Step D cat does that every time she takes Tabitha to the vets…she doesn’t know were to start…lol

Good luck on the scales tomorrow

Jean x

Love the thought of an indignant Marmite! Cats show their disdain for humans so effectively when you offend them.

Had a reasonable NFD but feeling so tired today. Can’T believe it’s only 2 weeks since we were on holiday…I’M shattered. Maybe need to think about how food could help me get through busy times…healthy, low sugar so I don’T keep spiking, satisfying. Planning is usually the key. Might try and make a beefed up chorizo soup this evening to support me through the weekend.

Enjoy the start to the weekend, everyone.

Mx

Audrey, sorry you didn’t get much success with your GP.

Underactive Thyroid is my unofficial specialist subject! Let me apologise in advance as this is close to my heart and I’ve done quite a bit of research.

Did the GP give you your actual results? The term ‘normal’ goes from TSH 0.3 – 4.5 and my GP confirmed that people feel better at different places in the range and symptoms should be taken into consideration. I managed to get an increase at 0.78, so quite low in range. Most people feel best at TSH 1.0 or lower.

Under medication is really common, and GPs don’t have the best knowledge. They often prescribe using TSH, but the actual blood results which matter are T3 & T4. My GP has agreed to check this at my 6 week retest, but NHS don’t always check this – private tests are quite reasonably priced.

Thyroid UK website is very informative, as is the Healthunlocked forum, where I loiter. https://healthunlocked.com/thyroiduk

If you’re up for doing a bit of research, there’s plenty of great information out there.

At my last appointment I went armed with an A4 sheet of symptoms and list of blood tests I wanted, and my GP listened. I wanted to kiss her when she agreed to up my dose. I think having done some research really helped. I was almost at the point of researching self-medicating.

Sorry if I’ve gone on, but I remember how terrible I felt when first diagnosed and then when under medicated.

Lynne are you having bother? I have your test e mail it’s not come through here!

X

Viewing 50 posts - 10,401 through 10,450 (of 35,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply.