Fasting to cure gastritis

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KizzyD 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I am a 52 year old female with sudden onset of gastritis and small stomach ulcer and hyedal hernia. I am considering IF to help my stomach issues. I do not smoke, overeat or take lots of aspirin, etc. Possible that years and years of coffee consumption on an empty stomach could be my issue. ?? (Also negative for h pylori). Has anyone familiar with this has luck with fasting?

Hi Catherine,

I know that I am late with this, and I’m sure you’ve already started and noticed that somehow it does help.

I suffer with several cases of gastritis and acute gastritis. Since I’ve started the fasting I only get heartburn if I don’t eat for long periods of time, but I just take some Nexium and that works. I don’t do any of the things that you usually do to get gastritis either, have had it since I was a teenager.

My stomach has been feeling much better, but I honestly do not know why. If you have figured out why in the meantime, do let me know.

I can definitely recommend fasting if you keep on having gastritis or ulcers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.