Fasting Once per Week: Advice?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Harper85 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello everyone,

I’ve known about the benefits of fasting for some time, but am simply not a fan of lengthy fasts for that I like to have an athletic lifestyle; I can’t appreciate the weakness and the muscle loss. However, as I am presently reading “Lifespan” by David A. Sinclaire, I would like to fast once per week.

From what I know about fasting is that you need to gradually reduce your intake of food before entering into a complete fast, and also gradually increase your food intake after the complete fast.

I’m thinking of fasting once per week, on Sundays. I have a vegan diet; I truly eat very lite as I am sensitive to what I eat. I eat twice per day. For breakfast/lunch I eat a lightly toasted full corn baguette with avocado. For dinner I eat some potatoes with steamed or boiled vegetables, and again lightly toasted full corn baguette with avocado. Purely on intuition, I sometimes take a small amount of protein supplement. I take a spoonful of hempseed oil with every meal; I also take herbal powders such as ginseng mixed through coconut oil every day.

As I have a very lite diet already, should I still decrease the food intake before a one day fast? How would I slowly build up my food intake again after my fast, considering my diet?

Thank you and kindly yours,

Illaeyiim

Hello everyone,

I’ve known about the benefits of fasting for some time, but am simply not a fan of lengthy fasts for that I like to have an athletic lifestyle; I can’t appreciate the weakness and the muscle loss. However, as I am presently reading “Lifespan” by David A. Sinclaire, I would like to fast once per week.

From what I know about fasting is that you need to gradually reduce your intake of food before entering into a complete fast, and also gradually increase your food intake after the complete fast.

I’m thinking of fasting once per week, on Sundays. I have a vegan diet; I truly eat very lite as I am sensitive to what I eat. I eat twice per day. For breakfast/lunch I eat a lightly toasted full corn baguette with avocado. For dinner I eat some potatoes with steamed or boiled vegetables, and again lightly toasted full corn baguette with avocado. Purely on intuition, I sometimes take a small amount of protein supplement. I take a spoonful of hempseed oil with every meal; I also take herbal powders such as ginseng mixed through coconut oil every day.

As I have a very lite diet already, should I still decrease the food intake before a one day fast? How would I slowly build up my food intake again after my fast, considering my diet?

Thank you and kindly yours,

Illaeyiim

I work out a lot as well and taking raw honey before my fasting day really helped me to keep my energy up. Honey has a beneficial effect on blood sugar levels because it is high in glycogen. I generally use Manuka honey because I enjoy the taste and it has positive feedback online. Recently, I came across one on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/1A19DAF3-9135-4153-A743-2352F3C55182?ingress=3 that I hadn’t heard of before, I would recommend to try honey to keep your energy up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.