Fasting and medications?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,

I am new here and stumbled across this website quite by accident. I have M.E/CFS and since becoming ill must have gained around 5 stone in total to date (I started getting ill in 2006 but did not receive my diagnosis till 2010).

I am unable to exercise at all, I have underactive thyroid (I am being treated but due another blood test to check). I also have suspected polycystic ovary syndrome. All of these things combined mean I find it next to impossible to lose weight, and even on a very restrictive diet of less than 1,500 a day every day I am still gaining weight.

I would like to try this fasting for two days diet but am concerned about how it will affect me with regards to the multitude of medications I take for my illnesses as some of these suggest you take them with food.

Has anyone else had any experience (positive OR negative) regarding fasting days and medication side effects?

Thankyou in advance for any input/ideas/info

Ask your pharmacist. She/he can advise you about food requirements for meds.

If you need to take meds 3x/day with food, then divide your 600 calories into 3 meals. Our pharmacist said to eat crackers with meds to satisfy the ‘take with food’ dictum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.