Fasting and injury or illness

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• i recall (at least I think I recall) reading in Dr. Mosley’s book that the 5:2 should be suspended if one is ill. I’m wondering about injury – I managed to injure my knee, the first time, not too badly, then, while it was healing, I fell and made it much worse. No broken bones but unable to ride my bike, walk for any distance or drive for a couple of weeks. The physiotherapist said it could take 6 weeks to resolve, although I’m healing faster than expected. In those circumstances, should one continue the intermittent fast or does the body need all the nutrition it can get? Is the answer different for illness such as a cold or flu or an infection such as a tooth abscess?

I can’t imagine why your injury should interrupt doing 5:2. If you think that it is interrupting your healing, chat to your doctor, otherwise, 5:2 away!

I have been doing 5:2 for nearly two years with a debiltating chronic illness, no problem!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.