Fast Rice

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  LobsterB 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• I bought some Fast Rice, along with Fast Pasta and Fast Noodles (they were on BOGOF from http://www.eatwater.co.uk). I had researched them beforehand as they are made from Konjac flour – konjac is a type of sweet potato – and one of the ‘effects’ is that they can be diuretic.

I can guarantee that this is true!! I had a 100g serving of Fast Rice last night and I have been in and out of the loo all day today.

Just thought I’d mention this!!!! πŸ˜€

Thank you Sylvestra for sharing πŸ™‚

didn’t see your post lol, never tried fast rice but going to have a look now!! πŸ™‚

For further information – I’ve already posted this elsewhere but it will do no harm to re-post

I had veggie chilli with my Slim Rice.

In texture it was much like ordinary rice. It has a rather odd smell but no real taste so when eaten with something like chilli, the smell was undetectable and it added bulk to fill me up on a fast day – and kept me feeling full all evening – without the following hunger that ordinary rice would cause. At 7 cals per 100g that can’t be a bad thing and the rest of the 200g pack will keep in the fridge until my next fast day – it keeps for 2 days.

I have Slim Pasta and Slim Noodles too so I’ll report on these in due course.

xx

Thank you Sylvestra!

I went on the site but they have sold out of fast rice πŸ™ but am looking at the pasta and noodles lol!

Yes would like to try the pasta, do you know if its any good?

I have tried it..bit like rubber bands..but chucking it in a soup or whatever makes it ok
    ..holland and Barrett have got their offer on for another 6 days

Sounds delightful! πŸ˜‰ Maybe ill wait until the rice is back in stock…

@monkeyslim I am going to try the pasta next week – I’ll report back!

@markg I can’t say I really noticed any difference in texture between Slim Rice and ‘real’ rice. I’ve just had another 100g portion for dinner and if I hadn’t known it wasn’t ‘real’ rice, I would never have guessed.

Hi sylvestra thanks for the heads up – I had no idea there was such a thing.

AS a veggie, I get most of my energy from the evil carbs.

Also, Markg, thanks for the Holland & Barratt tip!

Aud x (desperately hungry and ill today πŸ™ )

@audrich Hope you feel better (and not so hungry) soon xx

Hi all. Sylvestra, like you I bought the pasta and rice several months ago. Both are still in the fridge, unused and unloved. Thinking about it I prefer “Real food” even though I need to eat less to be healthy.
    Good luck to you all.

Hello!

The cheapest place to buy Slim Rice is Amazon ! Β£6.40ish for 5 packs.

πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.