Fast on summer beach holiday? Crazy idea?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
Fast on summer beach holiday? Crazy idea?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  diverdog 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi

I’m on my third week of 5/2 (although I did it for a few months a couple of years ago too). It’s going very well so far. I don’t have much to lose so I’m already thinking about maintenance. I have 2 questions. Do many of you have good experiences maintaining on one fast day a week and summer holiday related!

I’m off to Majorca for 2 weeks in August and normally drink about 3-4 glasses of wine each evening and eat as sensibly as can but with the odd pizza etc in the evenings. Inevitably I gain between 5 and 7lbs. I’d hate to gain lots of weight this time. Is doing 2 fast days each week feasible? A downer for my husband and kids? Or worth it to offset any gains? I figure I could eat a salad in evening and water and not describe it to kids as a diet, just Mummy having a night off the unhealthy stuff. Anyone done this? Did it spoil the holiday or give you a sense of well-being that all your efforts not being undone? Obviously I could fast on return to lose the weight too. Thanks

Since you don’t have much to lose, and you’re not leaving until August, is there any way you could fast before you go (and when you get back) so you can just enjoy your vacation with your family? Another option is that maybe you could eat what they’re eating but just not get carried away, you know? Say, 2 glasses of wine instead of 3 or 4, and 1 slice of pizza with a big salad when everyone wants pizza?

One of the things that struck me in Dr. Fung’s book is that he said something to the effect that…”You need to adapt this way of eating to your life, not the other way around. You don’t have to eat whatever anyone puts in front of you, but you don’t want to be that person who makes eating a big issue, doesn’t eat at a party or celebration, etc.” Meaning that person who draws attention to their eating habits or diet. Hopefully ordering a salad is not such an odd occurrence that your kids would question it, but you can always say that you’re ordering a salad because you’re hungry for salad, without even commenting on the “unhealthy” things everyone else is eating.

Have fun on your trip! 🙂

My holiday strategy on fast days is to just eat one normal healthy meal with no alcohol or dessert. On NFD’s I eat a late breakfast and dinner. Moderate alcohol (2x glass of wine with dinner. I don’t feel deprived and gain very little weight if any.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.