Fair to say you have changed my life…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Fair to say you have changed my life…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Spartacus 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• At the New Year I was 16st 9lbs, feeling bloated, my blood pressure was 150/97 and I was well and truly in the doldrums.
    Then my wife, who works in a GP surgery, came home and said look at this diet. So we watched the BBC Horizon programme and decided that we would give it a go.
    We started the first few weeks and things were going well, but too slowly for me. We switched to 4:3 and the results were amazing. I lost a stone in the first 28 days, then a further stone in the next month. I was feeling great, my recovery from exertion was much improved, we were doing a lot more walking too.
    Then on March 20th, just under three months after I’d started, I was 13st 8lbs!
    BP had dropped to 132/79, cholesterol was 4.39, BMI 25, glucose was 3.9 (fairly low as I’d fasted that morning before the test) and QRisk was 4.6%.
    The lady at my Occupational Health Department was astounded.
    I’ve just started running on the Downs, first time I’ve felt able to run properly for probably 20 years.
    The good thing is it gives you the tools to be in control of your weight, not to be a victim or a helpless bystander.
    Yes, you do need to be disciplined mentally certainly for the first few weeks, but after that you look forward to your fasting days as you know you will be losing weight.
    I’m 52 years old 186cm tall, and have lost 43 lbs in three months.
    Do it, do it now, you’ll never forgive yourself if you don’t.
    All the best!

This is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks so much for this ….this is really very encouraging…Congratulations on your loss! 43 lbs in 3 months brilliant!

Mine is a similar story. I share your euphoric feeling, really motivational. I have full medical booked in Sept to get full stats and can’t wait. I should easily hit targets. Have been on since Jan and so far lost 35 lbs. it don’t seem a lot but it is the long term outlook that feels good. As you say you are in full control. I treat every fast day as a special day and use recipes from Mimi’s books, Fat Hairy Bikers – their second book is much better than the first, and some from Anthony Worrall Thompsons GI/GL books. Try and have two meals within say five to six hours on a fast day and try 200/400 or 300/300 calorie split. Spice it up, taste it, enjoy the experience. Buy special ingredients, cook special food, and feel special. I use HIIT on Mon/Thursday fast days, and I walk a lot more. Had to move one day in last six months and that was because had two teeth pulled out! Thought it was a good day to fast and recovery really quick. No infection and no painkillers after! Previous diets my infection resistance has been low, catch everything going around. Haven’t had cold or anything esp when all around had a good dose! Wife also lost 21 lbs and she ecstatic. Holidays easy as for one meal had Vietnamese rolls from supermarket that are like sushi but wrapped in mouli slithers not rice. Steak and salad no dressing for dinner type meals. Only on holiday. If can’t prepare food night before for work, then get tinned soup with big chewy bits but watch calories are low – good emergency food. Also find good idea to ensure you chew lots at meals, like rawish vegetables etc. FHB recipes are dynamite, if only they marketed a 5:2 diet book based on other recipes! Don’t lose heart, if not losing weight one week don’t despair. After all you are removing 4000 calories from your diet every week!!! What you consume in calories minus what you expend equals weight gain/loss in long term. Simple equation that all diets overlook. 4000 calories is one pound, so you will lose that every week over the long term. Put that firmly in your mind whenever you have doubts – don’t forget it! Another fact that the diet industry conveniently forgets to understand and why so many diets fail in long term, and no-one can tell me more about yo-yo dieting, to follow a diet day in and day out over the long term, sorry but you need to be OCD!! This diet is so different. It’s concept is two days a week, watch your intake for a few weeks to start until you know what to eat on non fast days, and treat fast days as special. They are! Other couple of useful tips, I used to drink instant coffee with stacks of milk and three sugars! I now enjoy black coffee and black tea and try and cut out sugar all together. You can over time and you will. Add that to the mix and you will find it easier. If you like coffee, try espresso, get the taste without the guilt, and virtually no calories. Sorry I didn’t mean to steal your show, so 1001 congratulations to you and thank-you for inspiring me to comment on a forum, something I have never done, but your story motivated me. Thank-you so much.

Sorry forgot to say, Michael Mosley is God -1. Same as you, horizon programme did it for me. Cheers to you Michael, you have surely changed my life from almost certain doom, as statistically according to family history, I am on borrowed time!

Well done Wally. I sometimes still can’t believe I’ve done it. My wife has a go at me because when people ask me how I lost the weight I become all evangelical about the diet. It really is very simple to do, but does require mental discipline to get it rolling. For me it was the realisation that nobody could do it for me, it was me that was overeating, not someone else making me do it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.