Exercise whilst fasting! Did I have hypoglycemia?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Exercise whilst fasting! Did I have hypoglycemia?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  neikom729 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi been fasting for a long time. I often exercise on a fast to great success and eat afterward. I actually perform very well. However these are 24 hour fasts. I thought id try to fast for 48 hours with a heavy gym session each evening. I burned approx. 800 calories in each session felt good in the gym both times. Then after the second session i started to feel quite anxious spacey, sweaty and vacant. I noticed my HR was slightly raised. I think it was Hypoglycemia. I didn’t know at the time – i went home straight away and ate a sold balanced meal and felt much better. I’m no expert but im thinking i pushed my self to far. Other symptoms earlier on towards the end of the 48 hours were quite amazing i felt very happy and alert before the above set in!

What are your thoughts?

hi!

It’s possible that pushing your body during a 48-hour fast with intense exercise led to hypoglycemia symptoms. The initial happiness and alertness may have been due to adrenaline release. Be cautious and consider shorter fasts or consulting a healthcare professional for guidance on fasting and exercise.

Thanks

Kathleen

Fasting for an extended period and engaging in intense exercise can lower blood sugar levels, which might lead to the symptoms you experienced. It’s crucial to listen to your body and consider shorter fasting periods or consulting a healthcare professional for guidance on fasting and exercise routines to ensure your safety and well-being.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.