Exercise 'experiment'

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kiwiana 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Since starting 5:2 10 weeks ago I haw consistently ran 3 times a week for over an hour at a go and cycled as much as possible, losing on average just over 2lb a week.

Last week, since school broke up, I have had my rowdy 5 year old on my hands so wasn’t able to do my usual run. Last week my weight not only plateaud but I actually gained a couple of pounds, despite doing 3 fast days rather than the usual 2!

Ran on Saturday and Monday and lost those 2 extra pounds plus an extra 3, which bought me back on target to projected weight loss after a week of the scales staying still.

Bit of a ramble but all in all… I suspect exercise plays quite a big role in really maximizing the effect of those fast days.

Also, the myth that muscle weighs more than fat therefore exercising to lose weight could potentially cancel out weight loss is a load of tosh… It would be impossible to exercise to such a degree that you would not lose fat mass primarily yet gain so much muscle mass the scales wouldn’t move. It just isn’t possible, its a myth!

Anyway, just saying 🙂

I find if I exercise more mainly cardio and not weight lifting my weight loss is bigger on that week.

I just have to stick to the exercise!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.