Enjoying Food & Eating out more now

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Eating out
Enjoying Food & Eating out more now

This topic contains 1 reply, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  emily.kennewell 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• One of the real benefits I have found with IF is that I really enjoy food more, especially when I go out. I was never a real foodie, but I have definitely been going out a lot more with the wife (who is not doing IF) to good restaurants. Part of it is that my non-fast days are always Friday/Saturday/Sunday – so I can have a guilt- free three course meal on any/all of those days at the weekends – because I know I can lose it.

I’ll even admit that I have found myself planning on my fast days, the three courses on the restaurant website, 2-3 days before actually going to the restuarant!

Brent

I have to agree with this. The first bite of dinner on a CR day may be the best cabbage I’ve ever eaten in my life or the best bit of raw cauliflower.

Ian in Los Angeles

So true! You never enjoy food so much as when you are breaking a fasting period =) You really see food for what it is at those moments: your nourishment.

This is special important for people like me who have suffered from compulsive eating. When you eat out of compulsion, you don’t really enjoy your food, and that’s really sad. =( It’s such a waste of pleasure!

Hi All, I agree, non fast days are food heaven. I make sure I get the best even it’s the most expensive thing on the menu. I always cook from fresh every day now too because it is generally better value for your calories than processed meals. Nothing exotic, I am no chef but usually fish dishes with lots of veg. Sea breem or prawns feature regularly. What do you like best that’s low in calories and really tasty?

Hi me to agree with this and must tell I love to eat but must eat very little my metabolism is crash and i must take care what and when i eat….:(

It’s great to hear that intermittent fasting (IF) has enhanced your enjoyment of food and dining experiences, especially when going out to restaurants with your wife. It seems like IF has allowed you to strike a balance between indulging in delicious meals and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, I can understand how planning your three-course meals in advance on your non-fasting days, such as enjoying succulent chicken thighs in the oven, is a fun and anticipatory way to make the most of your dining experiences. Knowing that you can enjoy these meals guilt-free during your eating window can indeed be a motivating factor in adhering to your fasting regimen.

See the recipe for chicken thighs in oven: https://30minutesmeals.com/oven-baked-chicken-thighs/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.